Lying son of a bitch.

flaps15

Well, that article appears to be highly misleading, to say the least...

According to the Family Research Council, the high-risk pool, which is getting $160 million from the Department of Health and Human Services, would cover any abortion legal in the state.

Well, except for elective abortions, that is... Coverage of elective abortions are specifically prohibited in PA's High Risk Pool, though coverage from complications that are the result of an abortion are:

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/health_insurance/9189/federal_health_insurance_reform/713453

Abortions: Includes only abortions and contraceptives that satisfy the requirements of

18 Pa.C.S. § 3204-3206 and 35 P.S. §§10101, 10103-10105.

1. Elective abortions are not covered. Services rendered to treat illness or injuries

resulting from an elective abortion are covered.

2. The Program and its Subcontractors will respect the conscience rights of

individual providers and provider organizations and comply with the

Pennsylvania law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of the refusal or

willingness to participate in certain abortion and sterilization-related activities as

outlined in 43 P.S. §955.2 and 18 Pa. C.S.A. §3213(d).

But of course, those minor distinctions will not keep many from calling Obama a lying SOB, or Bart Stupak a Baby Killer...

Well, that article appears to be highly misleading, to say the least...

According to the Family Research Council, the high-risk pool, which is getting $160 million from the Department of Health and Human Services, would cover any abortion legal in the state.

Well, except for elective abortions, that is... Coverage of elective abortions are specifically prohibited in PA's High Risk Pool, though coverage from complications that are the result of an abortion are:

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/health_insurance/9189/federal_health_insurance_reform/713453

Abortions: Includes only abortions and contraceptives that satisfy the requirements of

1. Elective abortions are not covered. Services rendered to treat illness or injuries

2. The Program and its Subcontractors will respect the conscience rights of

individual providers and provider organizations and comply with the

Pennsylvania law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of the refusal or

willingness to participate in certain abortion and sterilization-related activities as

outlined in 43 P.S. §955.2 and 18 Pa. C.S.A. §3213(d).

But of course, those minor distinctions will not keep many from calling Obama a lying SOB, or Bart Stupak a Baby Killer...

Nice - seems like flappy is a stupid son of a bitch.... :)

Funny thing is he never said anything about elective abortions in his lead up to signing the executive Order, He stated NO FEDERAL MONEY WOULD BE USED TO PAY FOR ABORTIONS. Now it looks like it will - more word smithing from the left expected soon.

Funny thing is he never said anything about elective abortions in his lead up to signing the executive Order, He stated NO FEDERAL MONEY WOULD BE USED TO PAY FOR ABORTIONS. Now it looks like it will - more word smithing from the left expected soon.

"Word-smithing", huh?

You mean, like the Family Research Council flatly asserting the falsehood that Rennsylvania's high risk pool program will cover "all abortions legal in the state"?

"Word-smithing", huh?

You mean, like the Family Research Council flatly asserting the falsehood that Rennsylvania's high risk pool program will cover "all abortions legal in the state"?

Sure why not, both sides do it - I just hold the President to a higher standard than some group that added one procedure in their blanket statement and the President who claimed NO procedures in his.

"Word-smithing", huh?

Sure why not, both sides do it - I just hold the President to a higher standard than some group that added one procedure in their blanket statement and the President who claimed NO procedures in his.

Well, perhaps those who are so concerned with this issue, should have paid a bit closer attention to exactly what the President's Executive Order applied to:

Stupak statement on federal abortion funding

By: David Freddoso

Online Opinion Editor

07/14/10 5:30 PM EDT

The congressman’s written statement on allegations that Obamacare has started funding abortions:

“This is the latest example of some right to life groups politicizing life issues in an effort to undermine health care reform. The President’s Executive Order makes clear that federal funds may not be used for abortion under the Affordable Care Act – including the pre-existing condition insurance pools currently being implemented in Pennsylvania and states across the country. In accordance with the Executive Order, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has directed states that federal funds provided under health care reform may not be used to fund abortion. HHS has reiterated this policy in response to the current accusations from the National Right to Life Committee. While these recycled scare tactics may make for good headlines, we should not lose sight of the fact that tens of thousands of individuals across the nation who have been denied coverage by health insurance companies due to pre-existing conditions will for the first time have access to affordable health insurance. We need to take a whole life approach to health care which looks out for those who are out of the womb as well as those in the womb.”

That’s the long-form way of saying, “no it doesn’t.” And there do seem to be a lot of facts in controversy, but not this one: The executive order that Stupak settled for in the health care bill does not cover high-risk pools:

To placate anti-abortion Democrats, President Obama signed an executive order barring use of federal funds to cover abortions in health insurance exchanges. That order does not apply to the high-risk pools.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/stupak-statement-on-federal-abortion-funding-98453384.html

Now, reasonable people may certainly disagree whether that's a compromise Stupak and others should have accepted - but that's a long way from proving that the President lied about the EO that he signed...

"Word-smithing", huh?

Well, perhaps those who are so concerned with this issue, should have paid a bit closer attention to exactly what the President's Executive Order applied to:

Stupak statement on federal abortion funding

By: David Freddoso

Online Opinion Editor

07/14/10 5:30 PM EDT

The congressmans written statement on allegations that Obamacare has started funding abortions:

This is the latest example of some right to life groups politicizing life issues in an effort to undermine health care reform. The Presidents Executive Order makes clear that federal funds may not be used for abortion under the Affordable Care Act including the pre-existing condition insurance pools currently being implemented in Pennsylvania and states across the country. In accordance with the Executive Order, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has directed states that federal funds provided under health care reform may not be used to fund abortion. HHS has reiterated this policy in response to the current accusations from the National Right to Life Committee. While these recycled scare tactics may make for good headlines, we should not lose sight of the fact that tens of thousands of individuals across the nation who have been denied coverage by health insurance companies due to pre-existing conditions will for the first time have access to affordable health insurance. We need to take a whole life approach to health care which looks out for those who are out of the womb as well as those in the womb.

Thats the long-form way of saying, no it doesnt. And there do seem to be a lot of facts in controversy, but not this one: The executive order that Stupak settled for in the health care bill does not cover high-risk pools:

To placate anti-abortion Democrats, President Obama signed an executive order barring use of federal funds to cover abortions in health insurance exchanges. That order does not apply to the high-risk pools.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/stupak-statement-on-federal-abortion-funding-98453384.html

Now, reasonable people may certainly disagree whether that's a compromise Stupak and others should have accepted - but that's a long way from proving that the President lied about the EO that he signed...

So it looks like the president wordsmith-ed his own executive order - so not lying simply being dishonest. For the record read MY post key words " lead up to..."

Abortions: Includes only abortions and contraceptives:

What part of 'Elective abortions are not covered' is not clear? I'd try to simplify the sentence, but it is already about as direct and concise as can be in 5 words.

Should we start saying it louder?

What part of 'Elective abortions are not covered' is not clear? I'd try to simplify the sentence, but it is already about as direct and concise as can be in 5 words.

You guys really need to READ posts and watch links before commenting Try reading mine slower start at LEAD UP...

Here watch it live Right after he is called a liar - how prophetic that outburst turned out to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHMgU9TAgEQ

You guys really need to READ posts and watch links before commenting Try reading mine slower start at LEAD UP...

Here watch it live Right after he is called a liar - how prophetic that outburst turned out to be.

I read the whole idiotic thread. 'Elective abortions are not covered'. That legislative language about sums it up. But I repeat...again...

I read the whole idiotic thread. 'Elective abortions are not covered'. That legislative language about sums it up. But I repeat...again...

Watch the video and please post the time where the president used the word "elective". What he said while wagging his finger at the country and both houses of Congress was: "UNDER OUR PLAN NO FEDERAL DOLLARS WILL BE USED TO FUND ABORTIONS"

pretty straight forward to me - I know Democrats have a hard time with the meaning of "is" do we have to add "no" to the list?

Just another government handout that I cannot get because I am a middle aged white male.

Wrongo... those floosies you might decide to knock up could be scraped out at your own expense.

Wow. That was harsh...even by my own standards.

I must REALLY be pissed about all those asshole Austin Laser owners who didn't show up last night!!!

If an illegal immigrant wants to have an abortion would you still be against it?

Archived