Charlie, Charlie, Charlie.....

flaps15

It's about fucking time...

Absolutely shameful that it has taken this long for these charges to be brought against him - and the Dems deserve whatever fallout comes their way in having this dirty laundry aired in the run up to the mid term election, Pelosi should have dealt with this 18 months ago...

It's about fucking time...

Absolutely shameful that it has taken this long for these charges to be brought against him - and the Dems deserve whatever fallout comes their way in having this dirty laundry aired in the run up to the mid term election, Pelosi should have dealt with this 18 months ago...

I was going to say this was old news, but you said it better.

Pelosi is getting her wish?

"The American people voted to restore integrity and honesty in Washington, D.C., and the Democrats intend to lead the most honest, most open and most ethical Congress in history," Pelosi said.

That's ALL they got on him?

Perhaps he should change parties?

Naa, they have sex scandals.

It is a bit ironic that he's being criticised by the right for behaving like a buisnessman.

Sort of funny, right? Haliburton and how many other companies move overseas to avoid US taxes while getting contracts from the US government.

No matter-- as long as people feel compelled to vote for 1 of two lame parties with no term limits for reps this sort of institutionalized corruption will be the norm.

That's ALL they got on him?

Perhaps he should change parties?

Naa, they have sex scandals.

It is a bit ironic that he's being criticised by the right for behaving like a buisnessman.

You say Businessman as if it's a bad word or profession. Care to elaborate?

There is nothing business-like about the congressman's soon to be proposed charges by the ethics commission. The fact that he has broken off negotiations with them as opposed to putting this aside and help his party in the Fall reeks of elitism, narcissism, personal legacy and total disregard for his constituents.

That was your interpretation, not mine. My point was that he maximized his return and minimized his expenses in the same fashion as an oil, financial or agricultural buisness would.

That was your interpretation, not mine. My point was that he maximized his return and minimized his expenses in the same fashion as an oil, financial or agricultural buisness would.

How is cheating people out of rent controlled housing for use of personal office space maximizing a return? It's called illegal. How about not declaring rental income on a personal real-estate investment, is that maximizing a return? He writes the tax codes, illegal again. You have a pretty skewed idea of how a business should be run. I suggest starting a lemonade stand or maybe taking a business ethics course at a higher learning facility. It might open your eyes.

How is cheating people out of rent controlled housing for use of personal office space maximizing a return? It's called illegal. How about not declaring rental income on a personal real-estate investment, is that maximizing a return? He writes the tax codes, illegal again. You have a pretty skewed idea of how a business should be run. I suggest starting a lemonade stand or maybe taking a business ethics course at a higher learning facility. It might open your eyes.

Having run small buisnesses, I've noticed that there's a monstrous difference in how a small buisness is run and a major corporation. It strikes me that Charlie is using the same moral and ethical framework that the majors use.

Keehaul them all but I don't see a nickles worth of difference between Rangel and Thune.

Having run small buisnesses, I've noticed that there's a monstrous difference in how a small buisness is run and a major corporation. It strikes me that Charlie is using the same moral and ethical framework that the majors use.

Keehaul them all but I don't see a nickles worth of difference between Rangel and Thune.

Yeah well, if you can't spell business it's tough to defend your acumen on the subject, in addition to your "comparisons". But you keep on trying, I'll be rootin' for ya'. ;):lol:

Guest One of Five

....difference between Rangel and Thune.

the Senator from South Dakota? Yes, they're both politicians.

perhaps you meant THAIN...

Archived