Poco A Poco

Random PicThread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

IMO the all time sexiest looking fighter.

True, it was a psycho redhead but it was totally hot.

F-105 was a also a POS, earning the name Flying Coffin.

30 percent of those flown by Canada crashed.

50 percent were lost by the German who were still flying them long after the US got rid of them.

The joke used to be it was was the only aircraft in the USAF fleet that had a glide path worse then a rock.

 

Boss told me of losing one in England. Pilot ejected safely but that sucker crashed straight into a peat bog.

He said it took them days with an excavator and other heavy equipment to dig deep into the muck to find the rocket powered lawn dart..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hobot said:

 

 

FB_IMG_1610798755996.jpg

Oooohhh another great tester! Early 80s looking at those cars. Probably Sydney, theres a Bank of NSW on the corner. Inner east or western suburbs looking at those flats. Parramatta Rd? Or Pac Hway lower north shore?? So tempting to hit image search!!!  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1611029032055.jpg

 

 

As noted in a different thread, I’m fairly sure I met her in a Galway nightclub on a stag weekend, years ago. Or maybe it was her sister. Not a great kisser but I do remember she had a great sense of humour.

Edited by Black Sox
Oops
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sheetinmaxout said:

Bowen Bridge Rd Brisbane, looking toward Royal Brisbane Hospital.

:rolleyes: :D :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

F-105 was a also a POS, earning the name Flying Coffin.

30 percent of those flown by Canada crashed.

50 percent were lost by the German who were still flying them long after the US got rid of them.

The joke used to be it was was the only aircraft in the USAF fleet that had a glide path worse then a rock.

 

Boss told me of losing one in England. Pilot ejected safely but that sucker crashed straight into a peat bog.

He said it took them days with an excavator and other heavy equipment to dig deep into the muck to find the rocket powered lawn dart..

The well known Thud for the doubt it made when it crashed. 
 

like a high performance sailboat, good fighters have a bursary of their own. The Thud was just butt ugly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hobot said:

 

 

FB_IMG_1610990773920.jpg

I had a 7.5 foot G&S pintail back in 1976. Bought it when I got out of the USN. My first EVER new board. Really nice board.....and it was NEW!! B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FB_IMG_1610858259454.jpg

Oh yeah, that was the day no one was out at Da Con.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

What's the downer on my post about?

Mis click.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chester said:

i worked on a survey crew working on a road that connected the cold lake base with the primrose weapons range to the north...78ish.  they liked to open it up heading out 

86 ish the Town outside the base was Grand Center and 6 miles east was the town of Cold Lake on the shores of the lake named Cold Lake. Confusing, yes.  Anyway, that was the end of the paved road, any further was gravel and the Greyhound (generic?) bus turned around there in front of a little bar to head back to Edmonton. Every Friday the bus dropped off a new stripper for the bar and the girl that had been there a week, departed on the same bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Point Break said:

I had a 7.5 foot G&S pintail back in 1976. Bought it when I got out of the USN. My first EVER new board. Really nice board.....and it was NEW!! B)

And the first ding you put in it was . . . ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chester said:

they were also nicknamed "the  widow maker" if i recall.

Absurdly high wing loading, a landing speed most jets cruised at, slow response to the controls, and a vicious lack of cross-wind capability... What's not to like?

But -- I heard an ol' Zed Four pilot talk.  Throwing full afterburner into the J-79 was... orgasmic.  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbird said:

86 ish the Town outside the base was Grand Center and 6 miles east was the town of Cold Lake on the shores of the lake named Cold Lake. Confusing, yes.  Anyway, that was the end of the paved road, any further was gravel and the Greyhound (generic?) bus turned around there in front of a little bar to head back to Edmonton. Every Friday the bus dropped off a new stripper for the bar and the girl that had been there a week, departed on the same bus.

th road was a wide gravel affair meant mostly for forces use i think, not reall a provincial hiway.  week on and a week off, same shedule that most of resource centered western canada kept :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:
10 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

F-105 was a also a POS, earning the name Flying Coffin.

30 percent of those flown by Canada crashed.

50 percent were lost by the German who were still flying them long after the US got rid of them.

The joke used to be it was was the only aircraft in the USAF fleet that had a glide path worse then a rock.

 

Boss told me of losing one in England. Pilot ejected safely but that sucker crashed straight into a peat bog.

He said it took them days with an excavator and other heavy equipment to dig deep into the muck to find the rocket powered lawn dart..

The well known Thud for the doubt it made when it crashed. 
 

like a high performance sailboat, good fighters have a bursary of their own. The Thud was just butt ugly. 

I think Slow just mislabeled the F-104

Only the USA flew the F-105

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Absurdly high wing loading, a landing speed most jets cruised at, slow response to the controls, and a vicious lack of cross-wind capability... What's not to like?

But -- I heard an ol' Zed Four pilot talk.  Throwing full afterburner into the J-79 was... orgasmic.  ;)
 

IIRC the 104 was Yeagers favourite - despite it trying harder to kill him than the WW II Luftwaffe. :D

He got over 100,000 feet is a rocket assisted one before it bit him in the ass and nearly killed him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1611032695607.jpg

Did she just notice them?  Great situational awareness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Did she just notice them?  Great situational awareness.

if i had a set like that i would be grabbing them all the time to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rum Monkey said:

if i had a set like that i would be grabbing them all the time to

That's why men don't have tits.

We'd never get anything done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Did she just notice them?  Great situational awareness.

she does look like she's enjoying herself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1610566070751.jpg

 

 

F-104 a.k.a. the widow maker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

 a landing speed most jets cruised at

F 104's landed at a higher speed than the top speed of all but a handful of supercars. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

F-105 was a also a POS, earning the name Flying Coffin.

30 percent of those flown by Canada crashed.

50 percent were lost by the German who were still flying them long after the US got rid of them.

The joke used to be it was was the only aircraft in the USAF fleet that had a glide path worse then a rock.

 

Boss told me of losing one in England. Pilot ejected safely but that sucker crashed straight into a peat bog.

He said it took them days with an excavator and other heavy equipment to dig deep into the muck to find the rocket powered lawn dart..

Yeah, but they looked cool, especially in highly polished finish.  Probably not an important feature to all those pilots that had to (hopefully) safely eject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Point Break said:

I had a 7.5 foot G&S pintail back in 1976. Bought it when I got out of the USN. My first EVER new board. Really nice board.....and it was NEW!! B)

The board I had the longest when I was really surfing (as opposed to today when I go out when it is warm and fun chest high) was a G&S "Modern Machine".  Only reason I got rid of it was due to peer pressure, stupid.  My fun shape is sort of like it....sort of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Yeah, but they looked cool, especially in highly polished finish.  Probably not an important feature to all those pilots that had to (hopefully) safely eject.

Meant the F-104.  I am old and confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bridhb said:

Meant the F-104.  I am old and confused.

We will forgive the misquote on the fighter plane but you better not confuse your surfboards!

My finest board was a Channin/Diffenderfer that I still wish I had if only as a decoration on the front porch of my FishShack here on the Redneck Riviera.

Shred Sledz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Did she just notice them?  Great situational awareness.

New boob job, she's still checking out the investments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Post image

 

Point Break, did you ever get assigned this duty while you were a lifeguard?

 

 

Well.......I did guard Blacks Beach a number of times. Nude beaches are just........weird.........not a single one of the women there looked like the one in the photo. It was a good place to guard because you got lots of rescues with any swell at all but at high tide the jeep could not get around the point to back up a guard in the water so the couple of us there were on our own. Which was fine because the Sgt had to walk down the cliff face to visit us. B)
 

As a side note......why do all the tourists from the Midwest want a picture of their hefty nude wife with the lifeguard? It’s just.....weird......

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 12:32 AM, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1611032695607.jpg

Methinks her bra wasn't able to contain all that goodness.  Material Science failed her - but not us.  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

 

Here is the scoop on Kitten

Kitten Natividad demonstrates how they make popcorn at a local movie theater. I remember seeing pics of Kitten in a few magazines like National Lampoon, I think, and maybe some horror movie magazines back when I was a young teen or at least I think so. She damned near made my head explode. I am not sure she was ever a real Scream Queen but she did appear in her share of sex comedies and soft R movies back in the early Big80sPorky’s or Private Tutor with Crispin Glover, anyone? I remember feeling sad when I read that she was diagnosed with breast cancer and money was tight for her. She seemed like a fun and sexy lady in her day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Point Break said:

Well.......I did guard Blacks Beach a number of times.

Back in about '81, we were working with a fellow at Scripps who had a pressure sensor array off Blacks developing high resolution wave directional estimates.  We had tasked F4's from El Toro to collect radar imagery.  I drive out to the glider port and walk to the cliff to take some pictures just to get a visual to compare with the pressure sensor/radar imagery.  As I snap my first few pics, a voice hits me, "they don't like it when you take pictures."  I look over and there must have been a dozen old guys peering through spotting scopes at the beach.  At the time, I didn't even know it was a nude beach.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sidecar said:

 

Valerie Perrine?

0B42D8F8-259E-4F84-8F2A-9AB4C57AFB36.jpeg

Montana Wildhack

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ikes Bay said:

Montana Wildhack

Apologies in advance if I'm missing something, ie if you knew this and were misdirecting/joking/being sarcastic .. I couldn't tell. Probably in no small part cause I broke my nose tonight and am only about half here.

In any case, Valerie Perrine was correct. Montana Wildhack is the character she played in Slaughterhouse Five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Back in about '81, we were working with a fellow at Scripps who had a pressure sensor array off Blacks developing high resolution wave directional estimates.  We had tasked F4's from El Toro to collect radar imagery.  I drive out to the glider port and walk to the cliff to take some pictures just to get a visual to compare with the pressure sensor/radar imagery.  As I snap my first few pics, a voice hits me, "they don't like it when you take pictures."  I look over and there must have been a dozen old guys peering through spotting scopes at the beach.  At the time, I didn't even know it was a nude beach.  

That brings forth a curiousity. 1981 the F14 and maybe even F18 had a pretty good air to ground capability.  Was Naval Command blowing you off and getting joint funding for training hour to keep pilot current?  This is not a disparaging question. Curious only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hobot said:

 

 

FB_IMG_1611186003267.jpg

 

4 hours ago, hobot said:

 

FB_IMG_1611186021035.jpg

 

Razing an architectural marvel that is only 50 years old is certainly a testament to the enduring art of the architect:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hobot said:

FB_IMG_1611150003043.jpg

 

  

Post China virus travel, 2 people on the airplane:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hobot said:

 

 

FB_IMG_1611149848349.jpg

MC Escher, where are you when we need you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

220px-Manhattan_Municipal_Building_by_Da

:)

I used to work in that building.  14th Floor  The year the Mets won the pennant we threw all the paper we could find out onto the parade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, warbird said:

Post China virus travel, 2 people on the airplane:D

Correct.  Here's me & a few mates flying back from Tokyo in Mar 20 just as the world went nuts with covid. Had about 5 of us on a 300+ seat plane....  :lol:

tokyo perth flight.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, warbird said:

That brings forth a curiousity. 1981 the F14 and maybe even F18 had a pretty good air to ground capability.  Was Naval Command blowing you off and getting joint funding for training hour to keep pilot current?  This is not a disparaging question. Curious only.

No, we specialized in Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and wanted to work with the Goodyear Aerospace system on the F4's.  El Toro had one of the last remaining fleet still equipped with this system.  AFAIK, all they ever got for working with us was a thank you note from the Office of Naval Research (ONR).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

FB_IMG_1611032695607.jpg

Methinks her bra wasn't able to contain all that goodness.  Material Science failed her - but not us. 

I'd be willing to lend a hand - or two!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alphafb552 said:

I'd be willing to lend a hand - or two!

she kinda looks like rosie perez

Rosie Perez at the New York Premiere of the film, Won't Back Down, in 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 12:53 AM, hobot said:

Quebec_Bridge_Collapse_resize_md.jpg

lac-megantic0_TSBCA-800.jpg

engineering-disasters-chernobyl_resize_md.jpg

is that train wreck Lake Megantic (spelling) in Canada just west of Maine?  I remember reading about that if it is.  Brakes failed on a stopped train and it rolled down grade into the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BOKSAROX said:

is that train wreck Lake Megantic (spelling) in Canada just west of Maine?  I remember reading about that if it is.  Brakes failed on a stopped train and it rolled down grade into the town.

Yes.  The train was left running unattended with the engine brakes on but not the manual brakes on each car in violation of company policy.  The unattended engine caught fire, and the crew on the fire truck shut the engine down as part of putting out the fire.  When the hydraulic pressure dropped some time later....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites