• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

F-22 near the finish, 2019 Doublehanded Farallones race   IMG_5460_DxO 

You do mean Corsair, correct? They own the market much more so than Farrier Marine does and they actually build and deliver boats as the Lighthouse pointed out.

I’ve seen that on the start line!!!!!!!!

Posted Images

All this is very disappointing. I sail on and against these boats on a regular basis. They are great boats and their owners are very happy. The frustration is that you simply can't get them and the price has gone up dramatically since the original projections. If I ordered one today at age 63 I would get my boat at around age 120 on the current build rate. It would also cost me about aud$150,000 in race trim with trailer and necessary gear.

All the promises about increasing the build rate haven't been kept.

My second hand Corsair keeps me very happy and is very competitive over the line with the F22r.

I'm in no position to speculate as to why building is so slow.

I just know you have to be young to dream of ever owning a new F22. Even the agent has bought a Corsair so he can go sailing😜

Corsair just announced a new boat that is going into production. First production models in December.

http://sail.corsairmarine.com/new-trimaran-design-from-corsair-marine

Same market niche as the F-22 and unlike the F-22, it will get built and in production while you are still alive. You F-22 sycophants just keep on waiting for that perfect boat that just never seems to be delivered.

dashfront2.jpg

Too bad the New corsairs center hull looks like something from the 80's.

I have To admit that the first time I saw that picture on the desigwner facebook page, i thought it was A joke.

We were all kinda curious what would become of the MacGregor 26 molds. Now we know.

(I've got a soft spot for MacGregor boats - I used to own an early swing keel MacGregor 17. She was kind of a piece of shit, but I have a lot of fun memories sailing that little boat.)

Corsair just announced a new boat that is going into production. First production models in December.

Same market niche as the F-22 and unlike the F-22, it will get built and in production while you are still alive. You F-22 sycophants just keep on waiting for that perfect boat that just never seems to be delivered.

So Ostlind, your've managed to escape the home and stalking Farrier again? Your therapist must be wringing his hands in frustration.

It's interesting how long you can hold a grudge after being exposed as a cheat. But then your design judgement and lack of skills makes it very obvious that your only chance of success would be by cheating.

You really are a sad specimen.

dashfront2.jpg

Help! They have managed to marry an old 90s Farrier design with a seventies monohull design!

post-33061-0-50293600-1470961685_thumb.jpg

A raised foredeck is an easy and quick way to add room where it is not needed (except to keep bats), but it sure adds weight and windage in the last place it should be.
Will be interesting to try and tack that thing when beating to weather in high winds and big seas. Chris O's ignorance is well known, but Corsair should know better. Doesn't anyone sail a boat there any more? Even monohulls have stopped doing it.
Nice rendering though - perhaps they should stick to producing renderings rather than trying to build modern boats. They seem lost in the past now.

^^^^ Exactly what I thought it looked like. But on an old little mono, its kinda cute.

On a modern multi, it looks so wrong. What were they thinking.

Also, back to the F22. Checked out the site the other day. Looks like 90+ pre orders and they're getting ready to start production in the Philopines as well as out of their current factory.

I'm sure theres a lot who will give up waiting. But the F22 is a good looking little boat that should still be selling in 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Those from NZ may recognise what happens when a Raven 26 gets fucked by a hobie cat.

More like a Beachcomber I think for the fuckee :-)

The raised deck has obviously been done to increase space below, but to me what makes it look most odd is the contrasting bow rakes. But never mind they'll sell if the price is right. Bit of a step back from the Sprint Mk 2 which looks pretty good IMO.

http://sail.corsairmarine.com/special-price-promotion-on-sprint-750s-until-end-of-december-2016

However, if Corsair had continued with Tony Grainger they might be bringing to market something like......

http://www.rocketfactorytrimarans.com/rocket-range/rocket-26/

What would you think is a current estimate of a resale value of a well built home built full cabin F22 right now? Minimal options, just jib & main (say very good condition), no motor, custom trailer.

You're probably talking about The Fastest Indian boat that's been listed for a while in MA? I don't know much about it but it looks like a good boat from the listing pics. I found a link to a library with build pics, looked well built to me. Not sure about value. The asking price seems a reasonable place to start.

This reminds me of the late 70's and 80's when so many beach catamarans appeared after Hobie Cat came out with their well made and designed boat, many very ugly and bad designs and poorly built boats were rushed out to get on the Hobie band wagon, how many left now, Hobie, Nacra and ?

Meanwhile Farrier keeps quietly building well designed and built boats that will last over time and will still be around many years from now, quality costs dollars and longevity of a good brand means higher values later.

This reminds me of the late 70's and 80's when so many beach catamarans appeared after Hobie Cat came out with their well made and designed boat, many very ugly and bad designs and poorly built boats were rushed out to get on the Hobie band wagon, how many left now, Hobie, Nacra and ?

Meanwhile Farrier keeps quietly building well designed and built boats that will last over time and will still be around many years from now, quality costs dollars and longevity of a good brand means higher values later.

I agree. And to think that Hobie Alter cooked up his designs in his shop. With only on-the-water training I have high respect for his initiative, inventiveness and persistence.

Ian is right there with him.

Here we are on a 20 mile beat, hard on the wind, goodly seas, hail, and notice the knotmeter. All from a boat you can park in your driveway at the end of the day. Exceptional!

MgWO2L9.jpg

What would you think is a current estimate of a resale value of a well built home built full cabin F22 right now? Minimal options, just jib & main (say very good condition), no motor, custom trailer.

It's kinda like asking what a hotrod is worth. But I'd say ballpark of $50k would be a midrange figure. Could go up or down $25k depending on lots of factors. Just my opinion based on what a F24 goes for. I think doubling the price would put you in the ballpark.

• 4 weeks later...

won't go down 25 !! ...... 55-ish upward on the web

as they are already setup they are already optioned/race extras, spinakers, motors, no 'Minimal

by the by post links to any f-24s below 45k-50k ?

Are you guys talking AUS or US dollars, my estimate for materials only would be around $50k Aus homebuilt no labour and also buying at the right price, add about 1800 person hours to this and you can make a judgement on what they are worth, I know because I tallied my 85 up and it is not as cheap as people dream they should be.

Are you guys talking AUS or US dollars, my estimate for materials only would be around $50k Aus homebuilt no labour and also buying at the right price, add about 1800 person hours to this and you can make a judgement on what they are worth, I know because I tallied my 85 up and it is not as cheap as people dream they should be.

Yup, it varies...all numbers were in US$.

I think Ian is a genius designer, but some people can't manufacture, he is one of them. You can go back in this thread and read multiple quotes from him about how production would speed up the next month, how they would exceed the F27 production schedule. And the months come and go with buyers waiting in line. Henry Ford he is not. I fully expect a reply (from a man I greatly respect) that will say the factory in the Philippines is coming on line and they'll be building a boat ever 10 minutes. I don't get it and we now have what, a 10yo design. Sad. And yes, I did own and tremendously loved my F-boat.

Farriers biggest problem supplying / building boats is that they can't say no. Too many variants & individual customisation. IMO they could churn them out if they concentrated on building 4 different boats say F22 F82 F32 & the Catamarans in just a standard and an R. When Mr Customer says he wants his with a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious custom push button electric solar powered inboard automatic fish hook baiting system in hot pink Farrier should tell them to fuck off instead of bending over backwards to help.

He's obviously got it the way he wants more or less & he doesn't over promise.

TO ADD: After working with Haines & Corsair Ian is entitled to be like North Korea & tell the world to fuck off.

Farriers biggest problem supplying / building boats is that they can't say no. Too many variants & individual customisation. IMO they could churn them out if they concentrated on building 4 different boats say F22 F82 F32 & the Catamarans in just a standard and an R. When Mr Customer says he wants his with a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious custom push button electric solar powered inboard automatic fish hook baiting system in hot pink Farrier should tell them to fuck off instead of bending over backwards to help.

TO ADD: After working with Haines & Corsair Ian is entitled to be like North Korea & tell the world to fuck off.

Tell us what boat 'Farriers' DO build at the moment then?

Tell us what boat 'Farriers' DO build at the moment then?

Huh, I thought you were the Farrier representative for Europe?

Are you saying he/Farrier is not building the F22 (albeit slowly)... did we miss an update?

I think Ian is a genius designer, but some people can't manufacture, he is one of them. You can go back in this thread and read multiple quotes from him about how production would speed up the next month, how they would exceed the F27 production schedule. And the months come and go with buyers waiting in line. Henry Ford he is not. I fully expect a reply (from a man I greatly respect) that will say the factory in the Philippines is coming on line and they'll be building a boat ever 10 minutes. I don't get it and we now have what, a 10yo design. Sad. And yes, I did own and tremendously loved my F-boat.

Sounding a bit like Ostlind there - escaped the home again perhaps and using a glove puppet?

and why bother waiting when one can get:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=176472

Looks like it was designed in the 1970s, but you can get it now.

Or you can go with something a little more modern:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=174515

All one has to do is rebuild it, so one gets a 'fixer upper' project as well as a new boat!

Sounding a bit like Ostlind there - escaped the home again perhaps and using a glove puppet?

All one has to do is rebuild it, so one gets a 'fixer upper' project as well as a new boat!

With apologies to Clint Eastwood is this a case of The Good the Bad and the Ugly. And a shame you can't get the good.

I don't know Ian Farrier not am I blind to the limits of his designs but...

He and the company he worked for (helped start/set up/ etc) built a lot of boats at one time. They were well capitalized, had a supportive management, and were based in a manufacturing center with experienced workers and suppliers nearby. That being said, it does take about twice as long for a cat as a mono, and about 3x for a tri, once you have done it then you know. Setting up all the tooling, learning the process and training it is a lot of work that costs a fair bit of cash. And in this business often not much prospect of return, low sales numbers, so cost control over startup expenses matters a lot. This means that management is a limited resource always. I think that he has been pretty open about the process and its issues. If you can do better then go for it. One thing that I have noticed is that monohullers tend to be a bit free-er with the cash than multi enthusiasts. And tailgunners are abundant.

Must be the reefer, but did you read my post? I have met Ian, I think he is a genius designer, and I owned and loved one of his designs. My only point was taking 100 deposits (refundable) for the F-22, and then delivering at the rate of 3 per year with false promises. Look back in the the thread and you can find the same line that things will be better next month (the boats will come out, tomorrow, bet they'll be shipping tomorrow...from Annie). This has been five years in the making. Great designer, great design, but unable to produce.

Should have licensed it to Melvest or (gulp) Corsair just to get boats out there and sailing. Potential owners (including me) have suffered.

Could I do better, no way. But, if the boat was 99% correct, ship it. Ian reminds me of a Ph.D student that won't turn in their dissertation when it's good enough.

Great respect for Ian, just think he missed an opportunity to put a 100 boats out there that are very cool.

"Must be the reefer, but did you read my post? I have met Ian, I think he is a genius designer, and I owned and loved one of his designs. My only point was taking 100 deposits (refundable) for the F-22, and then delivering at the rate of 3 per year with false promises. Look back in the the thread and you can find the same line that things will be better next month (the boats will come out, tomorrow, bet they'll be shipping tomorrow...from Annie). This has been five years in the making. Great designer, great design, but unable to produce.

Should have licensed it to Melvest or (gulp) Corsair just to get boats out there and sailing. Potential owners (including me) have suffered.

Could I do better, no way. But, if the boat was 99% correct, ship it. Ian reminds me of a Ph.D student that won't turn in their dissertation when it's good enough.

Great respect for Ian, just think he missed an opportunity to put a 100 boats out there that are very cool. "

+1

I think Ian is a genius designer, but some people can't manufacture, he is one of them. You can go back in this thread and read multiple quotes from him about how production would speed up the next month, how they would exceed the F27 production schedule. And the months come and go with buyers waiting in line. Henry Ford he is not.

Doesn't stand fact checking - Farrier is one of the very few designers to manufacture his own boats, and the only one to ever achieve a production rate of TWO cruising trimarans (F-27) a week when he setup and ran Corsair. The production rate declined significantly after he left Corsair, who has never been able to equal the same rate since. All well documented:

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/background/hall_of_fame.html

But it appears F-22 developmet is all being financed by Farrier alone, with minimal funds, which would have to be restrictive. But may not be wise to bet against him succeeding on the past record.

All one has to do is turn down the sputtering noise from the sycophant idolatry squad and take a long hard look at the socio-political conditions about erupt like Pinatubo all over the island nation.

Selecting this place, with its generalisimo Duterte sanctioning out and out, "do as you like", street killings without due process and the result that will spread like fire in the various communities is like signing one's business plan death warrant. Not only has it taken ten freaking years to get this boat to something like a doable set of production molds while other manufacturers have not only created, but fabricated their prod. tools and entered the front line business of producing terrific boats in numbers.

Now, just as I called it last year, The Philippines, themselves, are about to come unglued and turn into a massive, out of control, society that has become an International pariah for big cash investments. China is peeking its ugly countenance over the horizon of the South China Sea and are about to pounce with their own version of the CIA about to further manipulate the island nation for their own greedy purposes.

Farrier could very well see his spendy, long time in production building tools confiscated on a whim by any of a half dozen groups who are ready to position themselves as players in whatever emerges from the total mess that has become this country.

Ian has basically fiddled himself right into the middle of a monumental cluster fuck. That not one of you truly smart guys has even bothered to understand the chaos that has become the Philippines, really brings a smile to my face. You just sit there drooling out the Farrier sycophant party line as if saying it another time will make all this insanity go away. It would be hilarious as hell if it weren't so freakin' sad.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/146772-palace-investigating-oust-duterte-plot

From a friend of mine who lives there:

"Predictable. At the moment the Palace is running a show trial. Fake coup plots come next. I lived in Libya when Gaddafi came to power: I recognise the script.

Thing is, those opposed to Duterte don't need to DO anything at all. They only have to wait.

The economy is starting to collapse. The President has made promises that he cannot keep. And the people around him are not very bright.

Time will do the rest. People just have to stay alive.

Unlike Marcos, Duterte does not enjoy the support of a superpower. The USA know all about him, and whilst China will collect what it wants, China is not interested in keeping him in power - he's too unstable - a point already made by China, as any Old China Hand can see."

Do some reading, guys and get a clue as to the much bigger picture that has become this sordid saga about the little boat that never got there.

All one has to do is turn down the sputtering noise from the sycophant idolatry squad and take a long hard look at the socio-political conditions about erupt like Pinatubo all over the island nation.

Selecting this place, with its generalisimo Duterte sanctioning out and out, "do as you like", street killings without due process and the result that will spread like fire in the various communities is like signing one's business plan death warrant. Not only has it taken ten freaking years to get this boat to something like a doable set of production molds while other manufacturers have not only created, but fabricated their prod. tools and entered the front line business of producing terrific boats in numbers.

Now, just as I called it last year, The Philippines, themselves, are about to come unglued and turn into a massive, out of control, society that has become an International pariah for big cash investments. China is peeking its ugly countenance over the horizon of the South China Sea and are about to pounce with their own version of the CIA about to further manipulate the island nation for their own greedy purposes.

Farrier could very well see his spendy, long time in production building tools confiscated on a whim by any of a half dozen groups who are ready to position themselves as players in whatever emerges from the total mess that has become this country.

Ian has basically fiddled himself right into the middle of a monumental cluster fuck. That not one of you truly smart guys has even bothered to understand the chaos that has become the Philippines, really brings a smile to my face. You just sit there drooling out the Farrier sycophant party line as if saying it another time will make all this insanity go away. It would be hilarious as hell if it weren't so freakin' sad.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/146772-palace-investigating-oust-duterte-plot

From a friend of mine who lives there:

"Predictable. At the moment the Palace is running a show trial. Fake coup plots come next. I lived in Libya when Gaddafi came to power: I recognise the script.

Thing is, those opposed to Duterte don't need to DO anything at all. They only have to wait.

The economy is starting to collapse. The President has made promises that he cannot keep. And the people around him are not very bright.

Time will do the rest. People just have to stay alive.

Unlike Marcos, Duterte does not enjoy the support of a superpower. The USA know all about him, and whilst China will collect what it wants, China is not interested in keeping him in power - he's too unstable - a point already made by China, as any Old China Hand can see."

Do some reading, guys and get a clue as to the much bigger picture that has become this sordid saga about the little boat that never got there.

Just as I thought, Ostlind has escaped the home again, and now the jealousy and hate are really spewing out.

It looks like Hell has no fury as a cheat exposed.

Wow, RD.... you clearly have this all sorted out. Are you positioning yourself to become the Chief sycophant? When you have none of the required intellect to address the offerings and you resort to ad hominem chin flapping, is it any wonder that we all see your attained magnificence for the post you so obviously seek? Nothing like a bit of fluffery self-importance. Send me an address and I'll shoot you a pair of knee pads. A fella like you deserves the best when groveling.

Keep posting those thrilling attempted snide remarks. They just hurt me so badly and I'm counting, heavily, on the ego boost that your adoration contributes.

I think Ian is a genius designer, but some people can't manufacture, he is one of them. You can go back in this thread and read multiple quotes from him about how production would speed up the next month, how they would exceed the F27 production schedule. And the months come and go with buyers waiting in line. Henry Ford he is not.

Doesn't stand fact checking - Farrier is one of the very few designers to manufacture his own boats, and the only one to ever achieve a production rate of TWO cruising trimarans (F-27) a week when he setup and ran Corsair. The production rate declined significantly after he left Corsair, who has never been able to equal the same rate since. All well documented:

But it appears F-22 developmet is all being financed by Farrier alone, with minimal funds, which would have to be restrictive. But may not be wise to bet against him succeeding on the past record.

And if you look back in this thread, he said more than once that the F-27 production rate would be easy to exceed. When?

I have no real objective other than my frustration. A great design sailing in numbers would be great.

I desperately want to swallow my words in six months.

Not a hater.

PS Fuck off Chris O

And if you look back in this thread, he said more than once that the F-27 production rate would be easy to exceed. When?

I have no real objective other than my frustration. A great design sailing in numbers would be great.

I desperately want to swallow my words in six months.

Seems like there are two choices, something rushed into production like the Astus, which results in:

or something that has been systematically developed and refined like the F-27

http://www.f-boat.com/pdf/Newsletter33.pdf

and results in a Hall of Fame boat with a 25 year production run

I know which I prefer, and if one doesn’t want to wait then just buy something else.

Wow ! Chris O your so funny man, I need a dictionary to even try to understand where your head is at.

I bought an f24

when the time is appropriate and if available I might upgrade to an f22

Its quite simple

I like sailing my trimaran

You seem wrapped up pretty tight about Farrier and his business.

Maybe you have other issues and they are manifesting with Ian.

Could be a good idea for you to talk to someone (not SA) about it?

Seriously

• 3 months later...

Nice F22, WGAF about the temp you are out there doing it when others are behind the key board.

I'm painting my boat and was wondering about going with a color other than a boring white.

Nice! More pics? Video? Please

give man a pic

and you've spent minutes to make him happy for seconds

but teach him to google

+ you'll save time

and he'll learn to please himself :D

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=sknot+f22+trimaran&safe=off&biw=1242&bih=580&tbm=vid&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi21Kn1wsDRAhWCnpQKHYSzCqcQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1.1

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=sknot&safe=off&biw=1242&bih=580&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiet6HrwsDRAhXGFpQKHVHNDCUQ_AUIBigB#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=sknot+f22+trimaran

Cool story bro. All those videos are over 5 yrs old.

Has Ian started a mushroom farm in the Philippines, or what?

I hear that some F22 deposits have been awarded to survivors through probate.

You might want to think about anger management classes, Chris. While Ian, like Perry, can be an ass, they have actually designed and built boats that people buy and sail. For Ian, you are Perry's Brent Swain... only Brent actually designed, built, and sold boats that people sailed many miles on. So I guess that makes you more like Doug Lord, endlessly repeating the same tired story while accomplishing nothing. All while somebody else is out sailing an F22. Not my cup of tea but others seem to like it. Even if those others are of diminished numbers, they are still many multiples more than those sailing anything you put on this little blue marble.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

You might want to think about anger management classes, Chris. While Ian, like Perry, can be an ass, they have actually designed and built boats that people buy and sail. For Ian, you are Perry's Brent Swain... only Brent actually designed, built, and sold boats that people sailed many miles on. So I guess that makes you more like Doug Lord, endlessly repeating the same tired story while accomplishing nothing. All while somebody else is out sailing an F22. Not my cup of tea but others seem to like it. Even if those others are of diminished numbers, they are still many multiples more than those sailing anything you put on this little blue marble.

"LMI", you're an anonymous, ignorant asshole! I've designed and built numerous boats multi and mono. 300 boats of my design have been produced and sold. You run your mouth authoritatively about things you know nothing about-that's just pitiful.

I've designed and built numerous boats multi and mono. 300 boats of my design have been produced and sold.

I don't think that when we are talkinmg about boats the size of the F22, your model boats count at all. If you are excluding your model boats, then the total has grown over the years, just like your claimed number of hours you have spent sailing foilers. You simply make it up as you go along.

"LMI", you're an anonymous, ignorant asshole! I've designed and built numerous boats multi and mono. 300 boats of my design have been produced and sold. You run your mouth authoritatively about things you know nothing about-that's just pitiful.

300! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought they locked you in your own anarchy forum Dougie.

We post about real boats here in real world anarchy; not bathtub toys.

But please; go start a thread and post a picture of a real boat you built sailing with real people on it. Dare you. :P

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

300! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But please; go start a thread and post a picture of a real boat you built sailing with real people on it. Dare you. :P

Look at my gallery, jackass -TS18 sold 88, Kona Kat sold 188 plus numerous other boats(well over 300 altogether) all designed and built by me except for Osprey and the Blade hull...... you must pride yourself on not knowing what you're talking about-you do it so well.

300! :lol: :lol:

Look at my gallery, jackass -TS18 sold 88, Kona Kat sold 188 plus numerous other boats(well over 300 altogether) all designed and built by me except for Osprey and the Blade hull...... you must pride yourself on not knowing what you're talking about-you do it so well.

That is what you want to tie your star to? Kona Kat. :lol: :lol: The bathtub toys may be more impressive.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Must be time for a catchup, have to share the fun of jumping back on Boom! for a WAGS around the cans white sail race at RQYS a month back.

I accepted the invitation as the tiller hand is itchy and the 22 is just so light to throw around a race course.

We started way back on hcp as the owner has won a few in a row and hcp's are adjusted each race. Started a couple of minutes in front of a gun crew on a Reichel Pugh 42, among other fast boats, and in 15 knots true, upwind we were doing 12 to 13 in the flat water inside Green Island, crew of 3 included a tyre kicker who flew over from Perth looking for his first sail on a F-boat. We held the 42 off and shredded many other big monos, easily held back the lengthened Cut Snake Stealth and other big cats, and then rounded a cardinal for a deep downwind to Hope Banks and then gybe back to another deep downwind to the finish.

The deep downwinds (typically slow on a multihull) with no kite are what usually keep me away from these fun races, but this time we tweaked both the boomless main and the headsail out, and pulled the dagger board half up.

The downwind speed was quite surprising in the big seas, and don't laugh but ironically it felt as much fun as I remember a laser is deep downwind (without rolling in the deep like Adele). On the biggest waves I was driving down by the lee to stay on the wave and we were even heeling to windward a couple of times while laughing like kids, albeit wet kids.

A tiny dogleg to the finish line hardened up 10 degrees for a white knuckle blast to pass the last big mono and multi, and the handicap has been whacked again. And we had gapped the 42 footer even more, well ahead of the rest of the fleet. Does not get any better than that, and the Perth passenger has since bought the first F-boat he could find available near home.

Latest factory news is looking pretty good too with a boat just setting off to Sweden and then one now to USA, two more to be shipped in April, Southern Spars one piece carbon mast (lol) being tested, mold work progressing in the Philippines, and boat show displays in the planning for the later part of the year.

Details and pictures at

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/News6/FactoryMarch2017.html

Peter H

from web site "with No. 234 deck already made, hull now being laminated (below), and 235 to be started soon"

How do we interpret these hull numbers? I see the photo of 234 deck had 14 on it.

Boom was 221 and was meant to be Ian's boat as the start of the production run, but I stole it. Mine was meant to be 222 which he has now sold over there, and other deliveries have been/will be more or less consequential from there. Plan built boats started at #1 (in order of date plans purchased) I think.

Send me all your monos and multis Mark and I will call that a deposit. :)

Now if you were Diam 24 agent!

Bit of a different field really:

post-33029-0-22822400-1489094474_thumb.jpg

A day racer with no folding system, and fast, but takes 2 hours to launch versus:

post-33029-0-09245800-1489094542_thumb.jpg

A fast cruiser with 4 berths, galley, a folding system, and very quick to launch

post-33029-0-61080800-1489095196_thumb.jpg

Apples and oranges in fact

post-33029-0-52672400-1489094633_thumb.jpg

But F-22 order book is bulging, with a 2 year wait, so only one choice right now

attachicon.gifDiam-24-1.jpg

A day racer with no folding system, and fast, but takes 2 hours to launch versus:

attachicon.gifF-22Aust-1.jpg

A fast cruiser with 4 berths, galley, a folding system, and very quick to launch

attachicon.gifDiam24Aft.jpg

attachicon.gif7SternViewAtDock-1.jpg

But F-22 order book is bulging, with a 2 year wait, so only one choice right now

Correct I'd rather be out sailing than waiting in a queue.

+1

But it is possible to be out sailing on plenty of other great boats while enduring the seemingly endless wait for a factory built F22 if that's your ultimate preference.

Of course the DIAM 24 and the F22 are very different boats with very different strengths and weaknesses. They can both be at the leading edge of racing fleets as we saw recently in the multihull nationals. One is a racer that requires set up time and the other is a racer/cruiser that can be ready to go in minutes.

I faced a choice recently between the two when I decided to move on from my Sprint. (Another great boat in this size range which you can have right now)

I would have loved a DIAM but my mast up hard stand club will only take folded boats. So I have a shiny new 22 which can be on the water racing in ten minutes. Of course both boats would have me starting almost on Thursday in the predominantly mono slug fleet for WAGS.

+1

But it is possible to be out sailing on plenty of other great boats while enduring the seemingly endless wait for a factory built F22 if that's your ultimate preference.

Of course the DIAM 24 and the F22 are very different boats with very different strengths and weaknesses. They can both be at the leading edge of racing fleets as we saw recently in the multihull nationals. One is a racer that requires set up time and the other is a racer/cruiser that can be ready to go in minutes.

I faced a choice recently between the two when I decided to move on from my Sprint. (Another great boat in this size range which you can have right now)

I would have loved a DIAM but my mast up hard stand club will only take folded boats. So I have a shiny new 22 which can be on the water racing in ten minutes. Of course both boats would have me starting almost on Thursday in the predominantly mono slug fleet for WAGS.

Nice you have seen the light WetnWild

+1

Haha. There are shades of light😀

Saw the green boat yesterday. Looking a bit unused ATM.

+1

Haha. There are shades of light😀

Saw the green boat yesterday. Looking a bit unused ATM.

+1

Haha. There are shades of light

50 shades of light, now it all makes sense

• 1 month later...

Finally got to take out our new to us F-22. We bought it last fall, it was previously named The Fastest Indian, we renamed her to Kamehameha.

While never having sailed an F boat before, I have to say we were all very delighted by how well it went. When we bought her last fall, we knew we had to at least come up with a mast raising system, and reseal the deck fittings before taking her out. We've started a website to track our process and keep our adventure up to date as we go.

https://yrusomad.wixsite.com/bryksfarrierf22

To others out there, I have to say while we have a homebuilt, anyone is surely in for a treat with any F-22. It truly is an amazing sailboat and we are looking forward to hopefully our many future adventures aboard, and we feel anyone would be lucky get their hands on one.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or comments.

Finally got to take out our new to us F-22. We bought it last fall, it was previously named The Fastest Indian, we renamed her to Kamehameha.

While never having sailed an F boat before, I have to say we were all very delighted by how well it went. When we bought her last fall, we knew we had to at least come up with a mast raising system, and reseal the deck fittings before taking her out. We've started a website to track our process and keep our adventure up to date as we go.

To others out there, I have to say while we have a homebuilt, anyone is surely in for a treat with any F-22. It truly is an amazing sailboat and we are looking forward to hopefully our many future adventures aboard, and we feel anyone would be lucky get their hands on one.

Would you mind adding RSS support to your page so we can get updates when they occur? Thanks.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, rattus32 said:

Would you mind adding RSS support to your page so we can get updates when they occur? Thanks.

Added.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:14 AM, Bryk said:

Isn't that F-22 hull #1?

8 hours ago, ebnelson said:

Isn't that F-22 hull #1?

I can try to find it, but the builder posted in a forum back near 2008 stating hull 7.  That's all i have to go off of.

• 3 months later...

It must be time for an update, now that another boat  (#14)  is heading across the paddock from NZ to Melbourne, and #15 will be heading to the same place in about a month. Then one is heading to my mate Reidar who I have been sailing with in Norway (tried to jump the queue for you mate but couldn't), then USA then Holland before the deserving aussies get their boats.  

Exciting times. The new one piece interior mold was a bit time consuming to get right but is producing a component that fits perfectly (and quickly) inside the boat before the deck is attached.

And Boating New Zealand has recently done a Sailing Review of the F-22, and the online version of this, plus a 5 minute video, can be seen at:

https://boatingnz.co.nz/boat-reviews/farrier-f22/

Enjoy!

Peter H

An F-22 would have been a logical replacement for my F242 a few years back.  Looking at the photos, it looks a LOT like an F242 both inside and outside.  Hopefully it is lighter as the F242 had some issues getting out of its own way in 6-9 kt winds (the rocker/sugar scoop honestly did not allow the boat to plane).  However, promises of production and actual production made me decide it wasn't worth waiting for.  I should be taking delivery on a SeaRail 19 (yah, I know, a daysailor and slightly different market) later in September...I'll start a blog/vlog to post my experiences with it in case anyone else is looking for a reasonably priced small folding trimaran.

Looks more like a step as it's a huge ventilation plate (cavitation is something different) and doubt you would need a hydrophane foil of a 6 Hp. Know what it is Peter?

I extended my ventilation plate forward and angled down a bit on our TT720 to get hull wake flow inline with the plate to reduce spray but nowhere near as large as that.. 

OK quick google...

https://www.ozpropellers.com.au/aluminium-hydrofoils-1/yamaha-outboard-hydrofoils/yamaha-outboard-hydrofoil-suits-8-30hp.html

My guess is to help with pitching and help smooth the ride under power. Light boats lift their arse easily and the prop gets lifted out of the water.

23 hours ago, plywoodboy said:

It must be time for an update, now that another boat  (#14)  is heading across the paddock from NZ to Melbourne, and #15 will be heading to the same place in about a month. Then one is heading to my mate Reidar who I have been sailing with in Norway (tried to jump the queue for you mate but couldn't), then USA then Holland before the deserving aussies get their boats.  

Exciting times. The new one piece interior mold was a bit time consuming to get right but is producing a component that fits perfectly (and quickly) inside the boat before the deck is attached.

And Boating New Zealand has recently done a Sailing Review of the F-22, and the online version of this, plus a 5 minute video, can be seen at:

https://boatingnz.co.nz/boat-reviews/farrier-f22/

Enjoy!

Peter H

Just saw the coolest looking image of an F22(SOMETHING?! FR?)