Cowes week crash

st599

So is there really nobody here that knows Darwins harem. Who are these guys ( besides hiding in the closet)?

Nobody on that boat posts here? Or knows them? We want a first hand account before heriberto tells us to stop the speculation and complain how much his V-J.J. hurts.

Spoke to someone on the Cowes river taxi who said they were a mostly royal navy crew and that the skipper is a naval lieutenant. Wonder what this will do to his career?!

As we all know the three most useless things on a yacht are a step ladder, an umbrella and a naval officer.

There are always a lot of cunts on the Solent, and at Cowes week there are a lot of right cunts.

At least they’re all still alive to think about what happened.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YBW is useless. Still ultra quiet on both sites

What is there to say? We all know roughly what happened. Exactly what happened will have to wait for the MAIB investigation and no amount of ill informed speculation will make things any clearer.

YBW is useless. Still ultra quiet on both sites

What is there to say? We all know roughly what happened. Exactly what happened will have to wait for the MAIB investigation and no amount of ill informed speculation will make things any clearer.

So the crew is under gag order? Hard to believe no info after that event. Did the crew jump, abandon ship? Did the spinny sheet trimmmer ease to slow?

So the crew is under gag order?

If I'd been in any way involved in that "incident" I'd be keeping my mouth shut and my profile low.

There also has to be the chance of some kind of legal action under Harbour regs, and I've never heard of anyone getting themselves out of legal trouble by mouthing off on line, but I've sure come across a few who've got themselves in worse trouble.

If I'd been in any way involved in that "incident" I'd be keeping my mouth shut and my profile low.

There also has to be the chance of some kind of legal action under Harbour regs, and I've never heard of anyone getting themselves out of legal trouble by mouthing off on line, but I've sure come across a few who've got themselves in worse trouble.

I can understand why someone might be quiet. I'm surprised everyone is so quiet- especially with beer after the race!

Whats the status of the boat?

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand why someone might be quiet. I'm surprised everyone is so quiet- especially with beer after the race!

bump

still quiet, no boat sightings?

Recent news from that part of the world is that a tanker, alerted by a pilot boat, was able to alter course to avoid a sailboat that had dismasted.

And, the lifeboat people could use help:

<<

The current Cowes RNLI lifeboat station is a small, temporary facility within Shepards Wharf Marina, but the RNLI is soon to refurbish the old Custom House building, near the mouth of the River Medina, to create a new lifeboat station. This location will reduce the lifeboat launching time by four minutes, allowing the crew to reach casualties more quickly, which in turn could prove crucial in saving lives out at sea. For more information or to find out how you can support the Cowes Lifeboat Station Appeal, visit www.rnli.org.uk/cowesappeal .

>>

• 4 months later...

bump

• 2 months later...

bump

• 1 year later...

It will be interesting to see what his defence will be. I can't think of anything that would convince a judge.

Maybe "it's all Bush's fault!"?

Seriously, from the article:

Lt Wilson denied one charge of failing to keep a proper look-out and two charges of impeding the passage of the 830ft long tanker.

("But your honor I did keep a proper lookout - we saw that thing from miles away and no way did we impede it. In fact I don't think they felt a thing")

Your honor, my client is innocent.

Upon review of the incident it is clearly evident Lt. Wilson suffers from A.C.R.I.S.. Acute cranial rectal inclusion syndrome. Lt Wilson was on deck keeping a proper watch at the time however his condition rendered little visibility if any at all. It shows at :19 of the video that Lt Wilson's eyes are clearly obstructed by his colon, to be blunt your honor, no one with their head that far up their ass could possibly see an oncoming tanker.

That was a navy officer that was skipper of the sailboat!!!! OMG and he denies being at fault!! What an idiot!

It will be interesting to see what his defence will be. I can't think of anything that would convince a judge.

How about the front fell off?

No then How about the rudder fell off

Yeah lets see if anyone believes that. Coz there was a 1000 m moving exlusion zone in front of that big orange sucker and 100 m lateral exclusion zones and he had no business ANYWHERE near the bow.

Tankers fault obviously. Sailing instructions clearly state that bow anchors must be removed. The ship is gone on the Video evidence alone.

Archived