65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can assure you, nothing was added to The Rod's replies.   Perhaps sharing my reverence for The Rod, as well as my deep appreciation for the journalistic accomplishments of my Sailing Anarchy predece

And wtf happened to lil'murray.......?

Guy did not grow a vagin! Mr. Hot is full of merde! The only place Mr. Hot has seen a double hurricane is in La Nouvelle Orléans. 

Posted Images

SAILINGANARCHY.com Was Seized on 04/01/14

This --> "65 - by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of suffering sequence"

was the largest current thread so it was searched first

it was documented up until the post that said the FH was about to Launch

@ that point the Fed's said Fuck it - Let's give it back an Make em ALL Suffer !!! So here we are Again ;)

I'd like to thank ALL of you for wasting an entire workday of mine. I'm pretty new here and discovered this thread completely by accident. I just binge-read the entire thing. OK I might have skimmed a few parts.

My boss will probably send SA a bill.

she-will-never-drown-tits-big-hot-demoti

SAILINGANARCHY.com Was Seized on 04/01/14

This --> "65 - by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of suffering sequence"

was the largest current thread so it was searched first

it was documented up until the post that said the FH was about to Launch

@ that point the Fed's said Fuck it - Let's give it back an Make em ALL Suffer !!! So here we are Again ;)

I agree with DA WOODY Shurely a mishtake!

I'd like to thank ALL of you for wasting an entire workday of mine. I'm pretty new here and discovered this thread completely by accident. I just binge-read the entire thing. OK I might have skimmed a few parts.

My boss will probably send SA a bill.

she-will-never-drown-tits-big-hot-demoti

well played. Golf clap!

I agree with DA WOODY Shurely a mishtake!

How many times do we have to say it:

DON'T FEED QUOTE THE TROLL WOODY

Renders "ignore" ineffective, yo...

I once saw a stripper famous for her gigantic tits, walking down Georgia street with a toy poodle asleep on them.

Before the days of "enhancement" too.

I once saw a stripper famous for her gigantic tits, walking down Georgia street with a toy poodle asleep on them.

Before the days of "enhancement" too.

....gone are those days

..........and gone too are the daze of all those titty-bars in vancouver :mellow::(

any wind forecast yet ?

If he got through the last month he's fine until November as long as he stays ankered in the same spot

...'fine' ,,,perhaps he's safe from -outside- perils :mellow::unsure:

Well, yes. It's all relative. The scatamabarge will keep soaking up water, but there's nothing to rip it apart till the next big winter storm

I wonder whatever happened to the free spot next to Diamond ahead from which to run charters? Is there a Home Depo near Waikiki? Maybe I should fly over and get myself a load if CDX ply and start living the good life....

any wind forecast yet ?

If he got through the last month he's fine until November as long as he stays ankered in the same spot

...'fine' ,,,perhaps he's safe from -outside- perils :mellow::unsure:

Well, yes. It's all relative. The scatamabarge will keep soaking up water, but there's nothing to rip it apart till the next big winter storm

I wonder whatever happened to the free spot next to Diamond ahead from which to run charters? Is there a Home Depo near Waikiki? Maybe I should fly over and get myself a load if CDX ply and start living the good life....

HR's problem daz are over

The F-H has been retained by ADM for training leading up to the AC-35

as restroom facilities :o:lol::lol:

This winter has been a flop regarding storms CA is in scramble mode to find ways to stretch out its lack of water supply. Next winter per the science nerds is looking like El Nina which means if things go according to past El Nina years Socal could get its ass kicked and have housing areas washed into the sea and Nor cal could see some pretty decent storms. Which case good chance the FH will be a nice soft wet noodle just in time to get blown apart next winter. Thats if it doesn't fall apart during the move to the Delta in an effort to survive next winter.

That's LA Nina - she's a bitch. El Nino is the mellow guy.

Yep working and posting my mistake. Editing 4000 rows of data on a spread sheet you need to have distractions or you'll go crosseyed.

I read that the wind on the bay this weekend was ripping along. One anemometer was showing 42+ knots of breeze. If this houseboat has held together through all of that, I'm afraid it has proven that this forum knows fuck-all about boat construction.

Jeeezusss that thing is bad - I'd almost forgotten what a terrible joke the construction was.

2 X 4's fercrissakes!

So, two Polacks go to Home Depot and ask for a bunch of "Four By Twos". The clerk asks "Don't you mean "Two By Fours?" They get on the phone to the foreman, and after much discussion they reply to the clerk "Yeah, we need "Two By Fours!" The clerk then asks "How long do you need them?"

The Polacks then confer with each other for several minutes, then reply to the clerk "A long time, we're building a house!"

That might be true if it WERE a boat, not a barge.

That said, it HAS remained afloat a lot longer than anyone anticipated.

Hell yeah. I'm going to stop complaining about crappily-made stuff. Look how good "shoddy" works for those who embrace it!

FB- Doug

It is an absolute success. He got the thing in the water, comparatively speaking, that's a first place in any National Event.

If it sinks, it will float like a log boom, iceberg that won't melt, perfect foundation for what he REALLY wants to build. He might actually scuttle the thing and strap a real log boom around it nice and tight, a nice three story "boat" could be framed up in a few weeks. Summer's on the way, two or three months of a nice leisurely, on the water "boat" build. Three story "boat", solid foundation, use every loop hole and then some, World Class Gold.

A three story house boat on the Bay, easy to make friends with a few pals with oversized V-8 ski boats to keep moving it about the Bay.

He might even be the cause of new legislation, winner!

I think everybody here owes me a apology. Ten thousand posts ago I said it may float. Five thousand posts ago I recommended mixing HR's pure carpentry with a sailors knowledge.

My question know is the same; can a boat be constructed using simple carpentry, as while as composite and shipwright methods to build a 65 by 35 catamaran for under $200 thousand?

I think everybody here owes me a apology. Ten thousand posts ago I said it may float. Five thousand posts ago I recommended mixing HR's pure carpentry with a sailors knowledge.

My question know is the same; can a boat be constructed using simple carpentry, as while as composite and shipwright methods to build a 65 by 35 catamaran for under $200 thousand?

Poor example, Flyin Hawaiian is not really a boat... is it.

As I understand it, it's only afloat for about half the day, aground on a mud flat the rest of the time. It has no propulsion and no other systems we commonly think of "boats" having. While giving full credit for it being a lot more durable than I (and a lot of people) thought it would be, don't just forget all it's any other failings.

Perhaps the most boat-like feature of HR's FH is the way it burnt a LOT more money than the owner thought it would.

FB- Doug

Poor example, Flyin Hawaiian is not really a boat... is it.

As I understand it, it's only afloat for about half the day, aground on a mud flat the rest of the time. It has no propulsion and no other systems we commonly think of "boats" having. While giving full credit for it being a lot more durable than I (and a lot of people) thought it would be, don't just forget all it's any other failings.

Perhaps the most boat-like feature of HR's FH is the way it burnt a LOT more money than the owner thought it would.

FB- Doug

At this point in this, er, thread... people seem to have forgotten that FH was built to cross the Pacific, or at least sail to Hawaii. Many, although not all, comments regarding its seaworthiness and lack thereof were made in this context. Its true the thing has remained floating, much to my chagrin, but when I was a kid, my friends and I used to find scrap lumber and lash it together to make a raft. Then we would go rafting on the nearby pond. Not one of our rafts ever sank, and they typically held together fine until we needed the scrap lumber for some other project, but they were hardly great accomplishments in nautical engineering.

All FH has accomplished is to get towed here and there, finally landing in the Richardson Bay floating slum. It may as well be a bunch of scrap lumber lashed together with clothesline.

Come on, really? I doubt he ever intended to leave the bay, I think the red tape and money to have a house boat, house built on actual floats for the purpose of floating a house, was out of reach. This is the best he could do to live in a house "boat". Of course it was a sailboat that was going to leave, be out of every bodies hair, never to be dealt with again. Derelict from day one.

That's LA Nina - she's a bitch. El Nino is the mellow guy.

Yep working and posting my mistake. Editing 4000 rows of data on a spread sheet you need to have distractions or you'll go crosseyed.

With the other 'distraction' you spend so much time doing you are more likely to go blind than cross eyed. You really should at least Google a subject before posting about it. It might save you from looking like a complete dick.

At this point in this, er, thread... people seem to have forgotten that FH was built to cross the Pacific, or at least sail to Hawaii. Many, although not all, comments regarding its seaworthiness and lack thereof were made in this context. Its true the thing has remained floating, much to my chagrin, but when I was a kid, my friends and I used to find scrap lumber and lash it together to make a raft. Then we would go rafting on the nearby pond. Not one of our rafts ever sank, and they typically held together fine until we needed the scrap lumber for some other project, but they were hardly great accomplishments in nautical engineering.

All FH has accomplished is to get towed here and there, finally landing in the Richardson Bay floating slum. It may as well be a bunch of scrap lumber lashed together with clothesline.

Sure, when I was a kid I "built a boat" out of a big dresser drawer, as well as another one using lath & tarpaper. HotRod had a deprived childhood and never acquired these practical skills, so if you look at FH as a 65' floating dresser drawer, it's not too bad an effort. One of the biggest failings to my mind is that he burnt up every penny his whole family had acquired, over at least three generations, and so far the return on that investment is the equivalent of one year's rent of a mobile home with no plumbing. How many more years will he get out of it?

Come on, really? I doubt he ever intended to leave the bay, I think the red tape and money to have a house boat, house built on actual floats for the purpose of floating a house, was out of reach. This is the best he could do to live in a house "boat". Of course it was a sailboat that was going to leave, be out of every bodies hair, never to be dealt with again. Derelict from day one.

I dunno, it seemed to me that HotRod was very much the kind of guy who believes his own bullshit. The whole finger-biting and jail episode may have cooled his jets though. Seems to me like if HR and fambly are willing to homestead a floating raft in Richardson Bay, then fine... but if that had been the plan from the start, he would had a lotta trouble selling the dream to HR Jr and Mama HR.

Personally, I think the image of HR Jr and unnamed pal paddling a thrown-away plastic dinghy with a shovel should be an icon for our era.

FB- Doug

It seems the people most excited to live aboard are usually, not always of course, those that know the least about living aboard.

There is a high probability that being towed from one jurisdiction to another as the house starts leaking more seriously each day will put them on dry land rather quickly.

It will be interesting to see how much of the good life they can endure.

[Hot Rod] burnt up every penny his whole family had acquired, over at least three generations, and so far the return on that investment is the equivalent of one year's rent of a mobile home with no plumbing.

And that, dear friends, sums up 10,597 posts about as neatly and completely as possible!

Personally, I think the image of HR Jr and unnamed pal paddling a thrown-away plastic dinghy with a shovel should be an icon for our era.

Oh good lord, YES!

Sausalito, but without a [shallow draft] boat, you won't be able to get within a quarter mile of it.

And the best part of the show is HR himself - much better to get up close and meet the guy. - or find out if he's still there.

Either drive across the bridge, or take the ferry.

Or maybe wander the roads near Tiburon/Belvedere and find a viewing spot

The good news is that it's all nice scenery; the bridge, the ferry, Sausalito, Tiburon.

On second thought, I think the boat moved since I saw it in September, I think it's on a mooring ball, but still in the same general area;

richardsonbay_zpseaeaaf8b.jpg

somewhere around the letters 'SON' in Richardson Bay.

Anyone got a position on this? My dad's heading out to SF for a couple of days and is thinking of going to take a look at it. Any suggestions on viewing spots or the like?

He's not thinking about buying it is he?

HA HA

Update: I found it on Google Earth, it's much closer to Sausalito.

HRsausalito_zps24161c90.jpg

Lat 37.867855 Long -122.485916

I think there's a place that rents kayaks, if he wants to get close.

Also, the 'Bay Model' is right near there, a worthwhile visit.

He has been moored across from the US Army Corp of Engineer's Bay Model these past months. I didn't see the FH this past weekend but I wasn't looking for it either. I saw Rimas though, hard at work on prepping his boat.

Haha no not buying.

Thanks for the info, he thinks he'll take a cycle out towards that direction and see if he can see anything.

Thats a nice ride - tell him to pack light layers temps can have a wide range if he's renting a bike in SF and riding over which is a great ride and done by lots of folks. Light windbreaker he can stuff away highly recommended.

Dudes def more of an anarchist than most, dreamt it built it finished it, for years you guys dog it.. it aint no hillbilly floating double wide on skiffs or some trans-planted same as they all are nob hill condo houseboat and he probably made it for mostly for free funneling materials from all the custom homes he built for all the haters in the bay area.. New Yorks alright if you like Saxophones

Dudes def more of an anarchist than most, dreamt it built it finished it , for years you guys dog it.. it aint no hillbilly floating double wide on skiffs or some trans-planted same as they all are nob hill condo houseboat and he probably made it for mostly for free funneling materials from all the custom homes he built for all the haters His Mother's Life savings as well as his Mother's and Son's monthly checks all just to in the bay area.as a Hobo. New Yorks alright if you like Saxophones

So as the FH remains in the view from the hill in Kalifornia, I wonder what his Tax bill is for a 2013 65' KatamaBarge is ??

It was a Brand New barge and never did the 90 daz out of the environment for Tax porpoises and never left the Bay so Local Tax too

The Tax man men could easily hit HR up for Waaaay Noooorth of $25,000 a year just for the State Property Tax, who knows about Sales & Local ???

Could the FH be a surrogate Google Barge sucking in wireless transmissions for miles around ???

Wahaha! you sure like to dog a bitch don't u! at least he saw it through to the water instead of sitting on the hill for years n years talking about it and never getn jack done until it rotted away on land, taxes?. how much is rent in the bay area? even if he fills the hulls with empty plastic bottles and puts crab traps all around it and adds a second story addition.. who cares.It aint our life....fuk this, this is a waste of the .000000000000001kb of island internet...

Dudes def more of an anarchist than most, dreamt it built it finished it, for years you guys dog it.. it aint no hillbilly floating double wide on skiffs or some trans-planted same as they all are nob hill condo houseboat and he probably made it for mostly for free funneling materials from all the custom homes he built for all the haters in the bay area.. New Yorks alright if you like Saxophones

Um, yes it is a double wide on floats.

Um, no, he actually paid for the thing.

It's kinda sad really.

Pissin' in the wind

He could have sent his kid to school...or himself.

Um, yes it is a double wide on floats.

Um, no, he actually paid for the thing.

It's kinda sad really.

Pissin' in the wind

He could have sent his kid to school...or himself.

+++

Just having some fun... I like what he is doing and you are right, that wasn't fair of me. The outward resemblance as to shape was just too close to pass up. I like his other projects too and will look more closely at what he is doing for the WaterTribe events. He certainly seems to be a good fit in the Tribe. Do you know his Tribal name? That tri he is building looks like a winner. I'll show some more respect and look forward to seeing the bi-plane cat sailing.

careful rasputin, that's a friend of mine!

I think I actually made that connection first in this thread, and I'm a longtime admirer of Roger's.

But it really does look like FH junior!

Rasputin, he's Jolly Roger.

It does look like FH jr, though I'm sure its not built from CDX ply and drywall screws. And the designer/builder probably knows what he is doing, unlike Hot Rod.

Actually, still floating is not a surprising accomplishment. After all, wood floats and so do turds.

The plan was to sail to Hawaii. I think we would all be beyond impressed :blink::o if that actually happened.

It does look like FH jr, though I'm sure its not built from CDX ply and drywall screws. And the designer/builder probably knows what he is doing, unlike Hot Rod.

He has built quite a few interesting boats and participated in a number of Watertribe Challenge events. He's doing the Chesapeake one now, or maybe is already done.

He also builds airplanes. The latest appears to be a miniature Pitts Special replica in plywood, powered by a 52 hp Rotax.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UChpCBUwQmCT3EULJMsJACKQ

Post Fucking #1740:

Boat is in the water. Transport and launch largely uneventful. Darkness made photography very difficult. Have some limited stills and video. Will post a full report in a few hours.

Everyone on SA should Drink Heavily on May 26th

Then all hang our heads in Shame for on page 17 HR Splashed after over a year of this thread and we're now on Post WTF ???????????

as the FH Floats (or sits sticking up out above the water) to this day

We need to do sumpin special for the one year anniversary - Like send them a Ton of Fireworks and sum propane for the BBQ in the Galley

Or What ??

Just having some fun... I like what he is doing and you are right, that wasn't fair of me. The outward resemblance as to shape was just too close to pass up. I like his other projects too and will look more closely at what he is doing for the WaterTribe events. He certainly seems to be a good fit in the Tribe. Do you know his Tribal name? That tri he is building looks like a winner. I'll show some more respect and look forward to seeing the bi-plane cat sailing.

I was joking. Roger is a very interesting guy. His boats that I have seen have all been very well done and no nonsense. He is also super mellow and very nice to talk to about boats

Actually, still floating is not a surprising accomplishment. After all, wood floats and so do turds.

The plan was to sail. I think we would all be beyond impressed :blink::o if that actually happened.

fixed that for you

Ya gotta admit, at least the FH didn't do this on launch !!

(Anacortes WA on May 20th)

so ... I guess that was really a 90' short range motor yacht

You guys still bitch'n bout dis dumbass? you all either got no life or really little dicks to even give a fuk what some kook does . i bet you all shine your topsiders loooz plus to the plus that kooks

You guys still bitch'n bout dis dumbass? you all either got no life or really little dicks to even give a fuk what some kook does . i bet you all shine your topsiders loooz plus to the plus that kooks

^^^^^ By --> "Location:South Eastern Pacific Ocean" you mean Hawaii Via Sausalito don't you :o :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)