65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Here's a clip from the Coast Guard site, which is a bit bigger, although it's overzoomed. If you watch the video, that floating thing is much bigger than an air mattress. The small white amoeba to it's right is a swimming person. That red "bloom" coming from the big white thing is nowhere else on the image, which leads me to believe that that is the FH, mostly underwater.

FH.jpg

Also on the CG site is a thank-you from the parents of the pregnant one. http://www.dvidshub.net/video/389708/coast-guard-rescues-5-people-sinking-sail-boat-off-coast-monterey#.VNkZdS6BuT8

Look in the water behind the floating thing, is that that a faint outline of the transoms and steps.
  • Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can assure you, nothing was added to The Rod's replies.   Perhaps sharing my reverence for The Rod, as well as my deep appreciation for the journalistic accomplishments of my Sailing Anarchy predece

And wtf happened to lil'murray.......?

Guy did not grow a vagin! Mr. Hot is full of merde! The only place Mr. Hot has seen a double hurricane is in La Nouvelle Orléans. 

Posted Images

Reading the cited FB posts, someone apparently comments about some "debate" about the necessity of the US Coast Guard??? They then all proceed to thank God? I'm so glad I don't have a FB account, because I would have to explain to these fools exactly who they should be thanking, starting with the rescue swimmers, the air crews, the medical and other personnel ashore and finally the taxpayers! Then I would post a link to this thread, just so they could all find out how long knowledgeable people have been making fun of this folly.

I found this most interesting: "They took the 70 year old woman up in helicopter while my daughter was in the water over hour. It happened around 4 am. She wasn't even able to get a single thing." +1 for grandma hr?

So, the USCG is supposed to leave the wheelchair bound Momma Rod in the water and pick up the young preggo first?

Are pregnant woman more or less buoyant than non-pregnant women? I assume the 70 year old was not pregnant, but with this crew who knows...

So if I read the posts right, Sue is really upset that the daughter took off 7 months pregnant without telling her, and the daughter is so distraught about the events and the loss of "her belongings" that the USCG wouldn't help her retrieve as the boat sank, that she is now esconced on Sues couch for the foreseeable future.

Im thinking that Sue is going to eject her from the couch the second she discovers just how much of Sue's jewellery is now sitting at the bottom of the sea.

The run away from mum startover fund didn't float either.

only in the Bay area could such an epic bazaar of mis-fit tale as such play out as it has.... this takes it all.. and.. Sue Buck Lee... this is Pink Flamingos goes sailing... was the Egg Man the Navigator?

Wa...Wa...Wait a minute. Did someone just say that HR had an Intersexed Hermaphrodite onboard? As a first mate?

Please tell me you guys are joking. Otherwise, this seemingly beautiful story of one man's dream turned into reality has really gone horribly pear-shaped. That's just too weird to be true. Next you'll be saying there was an expectant mother onboard. Wait...oh shit...

Big question: Where is HR living now, and who would like to go interview him? Clean?

The really big question is if the pregnant womyn was "married" to the herm... Um, to the Intersex, who "fathered" the child?

God I miss Swedish Erotica....

I would post a link to this thread, just so they could all find out how long knowledgeable people have been making fun of this folly.

What part of our 'making fun of this folly' would register with Hermie and his/her 7-month pregnant wife/navigator, preveously living on a Batman-themed trimaran in Sausalito?

We're talking about people so skewed from the standard deviation as to be completely off the chart.

I assume Kelly was nominated to be navigator as a result of being the only one on board who could read the numbers off the Tom Tom. I'm willing to bet the GPS's display was set to MPH and statute miles. Do you think anyone realized there was such a thing as magnetic variation?

only in the Bay area could such an epic bazaar of mis-fit tale as such play out as it has.... this takes it all.. and.. Sue Buck Lee... this is Pink Flamingos goes sailing... was the Egg Man the Navigator?

I'm not so sure of that.

Let's ask Tom Ray's opinion on whather this could possibly take place in his fine state.

This thread is just short of a couple things to be compleate

10422004_897726620315221_461117320900815

And a

0708071732.jpg

WOODY - I think you are right. Unless somebody comes up with some footage of the FH taking on water and sinking let's throw in the towel on the sink or the chick, your pick, and call this thread done.

Charles Manson’s fiancée wanted to marry him for his corpse: source

February 8, 2015 | 7:37am

Modal Trigger
Charles Manson (right) and Afton Elaine Burton Photo: MansonDirect.com/POLARIS

This plot was too crazy even for Charles Manson.

Manson’s engagement to a woman 53 years his junior was part of a wild scheme of hers to profit by putting his body on public display after his death, says the author of an upcoming book.

Manson’s fiancée, 27-year-old Afton Elaine Burton, known as Star, sought to wed the convicted mastermind of the Sharon Tate murder and eight other slayings so that she could gain possession of his corpse, according to journalist Daniel Simone.

Burton and a pal, Craig Hammond, planned to lay out Manson’s remains in a glass crypt, Simone says. The pair figured their bizarre California version of Lenin’s Tomb would draw huge crowds and make big money.

But Manson, 80, does not want to marry Burton and has no interest in spending eternity displayed in a glass coffin, Simone told The Post. “He’s finally realized that he’s been played for a fool,” Simone said.

Another reason the madman balked at the plan is because he believes he is immortal. “He feels he will never die,” Simone said. “Therefore, he feels it’s a stupid idea to begin with.”

charles-manson1.jpg?w=300&h=200

Charles Manson in 2011 (left) and in 1970Photo: AP

Manson’s and Burton’s marriage license expired Thursday. “They plan on renewing the license, and things will move forward in the coming months,” says a statement posted on Burton’s and Hammond’s website.

Burton and Hammond — who uses the nickname Gray Wolf — could not be reached for comment.

The wedding was postponed “due to an unexpected interruption in logistics,” the site says. Manson entered a prison medical facility for treatment of an infection about two months ago and cannot receive visitors, Simone said.

California prison officials would not comment on either Manson’s medical condition or his whereabouts.

Simone and a collaborator, Heidi Jordan Ley, are seeking a publisher for their book, “The Retrial of Charles Manson.” Manson and other inmates at Corcoran State Prison in California are helping the project. The authors say they spoke with Manson regularly before his phone privileges were suspended two years ago. They also corresponded with Manson and his inmate friends by mail.

According to the authors, Burton and Hammond hatched their plan to display Manson’s corpse about two years ago.

Initially, the duo asked Manson to sign a document that would let them take his body when he dies.

manson5.jpg?w=300&h=201

Manson and BurtonPhoto: MansonDirect.com/POLARIS

“He didn’t give them a yes, he didn’t give them a no. He sort of strung them along,” Simone said. Burton and Hammond regularly brought Manson toiletries and other items. Stringing them along kept the goodies coming, Simone said.

When it became clear last year that the purportedly death-proof Manson would not green-light the plan, Burton and Hammond switched to the marriage idea, Simone says.

If Burton married Manson, the pair realized, California law would give her possession of Manson’s remains upon his death, Simone said.

Simone believes Manson never intended to marry Burton. “Manson never consented to the wedding in the first place and never will,” he said.

Another Simone book, “The Lufthansa Heist,” about a $6 million armed robbery at Kennedy Airport in 1978, is due out next month. He co-authored it with “Good­Fellas” mobster Henry Hill, who died in 2012.

I'm not so sure of that.

Let's ask Tom Ray's opinion on whather this could possibly take place in his fine state.

Florida could come up with a Hot Rod and family. Probably the brawl with the harbormaster and meetings with the Coast Guard. Maybe even the faux-Harley on the back porch.

I think that the final touch to the story, hermaphrodite escaped from the KKK and Southern Baptists after allegedly having children by her cousins plus her pregnant wife who moved off of a Batman-themed trimaran to join Hot Rod's merry group for a jaunt across the Pacific, is a touch only the San Francisco area could provide.*

Florida stories often feature a "You have got to be shitting me." or two from the reader.

Hot Rod has kept that feeling going for years.

*assuming that it turns out to be true, which hasn't been proven despite an increasingly large pile of circumstantial evidence

I'm not so sure of that.

Florida could come up with a Hot Rod and family. Probably the brawl with the harbormaster and meetings with the Coast Guard. Maybe even the faux-Harley on the back porch.

I think that the final touch to the story, hermaphrodite escaped from the KKK and Southern Baptists after allegedly having children by her cousins plus her pregnant wife who moved off of a Batman-themed trimaran to join Hot Rod's merry group for a jaunt across the Pacific, is a touch only the San Francisco area could provide.*

Florida stories often feature a "You have got to be shitting me." or two from the reader.

*assuming that it turns out to be true, which hasn't been proven despite an increasingly large pile of circumstantial evidence

Quote of the decade.........

I'm not so sure of that.

Yes, and I think California has us on this one. We may have the edge in crazy per capita, but they have a lot more people...

Phew. I finally caught up on this thread. Took a few days. All I can say:

1) Needs more tits
2) Not sure who is worse, HotRod or Rimas

3) If I read another thread that debates plywood and carriage bolts, I am going to block all the parties involved. :P

4) Glad everyone survived this cluster fuck.

5) Oh, and more tits.

tumblr_mfgeq4KwxS1qg8kaqo1_500.jpg

I'm not so sure of that.

Yes, and I think California has us on this one. We may have the edge in crazy per capita, but they have a lot more people...

Tom,

Makes me proud to be a Californicator and a San Franciscoian. But I will point out that some pretty incredible idiots have come from other places. I'd like to think we have a monopoly on pure, concentrated dumb sauce, it's what makes living here really rewarding, but Reid The Cheese Man? Pretty nutsoid. Anyone who could put together a video like Void-Ho is someone that should be institutionalize with extreme prejudice. Rimus? Not even sure how this guy is alive. I always thought drifting around the ocean was fairly dangerous, especially to the incompetent, but I guess not. There was also that idiot who bought some wooden POS boat down in Florida and got all bent out of shape when everyone here pointed out he was obviously an idiot with a POS wooden boat. He hit the upper corner the Anger Issues vs. Cheap-scape vs. Dickwad chart. Not DefCon Ried-Level 5, but pretty fun for a few days. I'm sure there are many more I can't remember.

I think our (CA/SF) only real claim to fame is just how far "out there" our locals are. HR and The Tin Man are monumental examples of just how far the lack of skill will take a well motivated, delusional fool (It appears to be about 150 miles offshore for the record). It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Florida needs to step up their game. The raw material is certainly there. Florida has the highest Git-R-Done Retard Ratio of any state, bar none. With all the water access and heavy drug use it seems like you guys should be putting out a Reid a month.

Here is the thing mr Hyde, Me thinks that there are more land masses to hit from the start in FL before you go all ballistic into the golf stream. Most of the nutters start in the rivers, swamps and canals In FL and probably get eaten by the original swampkeepers before we even hear of em. In Ca, there aren't as many barriers to open ocean and therefore the unkept are basically thrown into the fire from the get go and everyone gets to watch darwin take charge..... :P

Its a recurring theme in stories like this, to find through facebook that the most bizarre, off the planet people seem to just be the corrupted idle spawn of decent hard working middleclass parents. What really stuns me is that after the kids have been shown to the world as complete Darwin candidate buffoons, the parents don't react at all.

Its as though they have become used to the idiocy through years of tolerating it. Its their total lack of reaction that provides the true measure of dysfunctionality in these people.

7 months pregnant and climbs onto an unnavigable unseaworthy pos. That is certifiable lunacy right there. Why aren't the coast guard authorities preventing departures like this ? You cant tell me they aren't monitoring sites like this.

Here is the thing mr Hyde, Me thinks that there are more land masses to hit from the start in FL before you go all ballistic into the golf stream. Most of the nutters start in the rivers, swamps and canals In FL and probably get eaten by the original swampkeepers before we even hear of em. In Ca, there aren't as many barriers to open ocean and therefore the unkept are basically thrown into the fire from the get go and everyone gets to watch darwin take charge..... :P

So...like...these swampkeeper things. How would they do, say, in a place like the Delta, or maybe right in Richardson Bay, or maybe over in the Berkeley marina? Sound like the new "green" way to clean stupidity. Intriguing indeed. Are these things biodegradable? Are they free-range? Can you ship them UPS or FedEx overnight?

So...like...these swampkeeper things. How would they do, say, in a place like the Delta, or maybe right in Richardson Bay, or maybe over in the Berkeley marina? Sound like the new "green" way to clean stupidity. Intriguing indeed. Are these things biodegradable? Are they free-range? Can you ship them UPS or FedEx overnight?

These things can solve problems well beyond stupid people who set out for ocean voyages on wooden barges. They can combat the elderly golfer overpopulation problem as well.

They arent. The local CG had never even heard of HotRod and the Flyin Hawaiian until the disaster.

Expired flares or the wrong type of PFDs will get you a ticket, and someone running aground will get someone ELSE run over in response, but nobody in authority noticed this house-sized train-wreck ?

I think all you need is a hurricane and a containment facility in the approximate vicinity and you should be set. Tom might be able to point you in the right direction as far as shipping.....

They arent. The local CG had never even heard of HotRod and the Flyin Hawaiian until the disaster.

Expired flares or the wrong type of PFDs will get you a ticket, and someone running aground will get someone ELSE run over in response, but nobody in authority noticed this house-sized train-wreck ?

Nope. One of the posters here called the SFO-CG about his concerns and they laughed at his story and said they hadn't heard or seen anything but would keep an eye out for him. I wish I could remember which poster or post, but no way I am going to go back over all these pages again. :D

Its a recurring theme in stories like this, to find through facebook that the most bizarre, off the planet people seem to just be the corrupted idle spawn of decent hard working middleclass parents. What really stuns me is that after the kids have been shown to the world as complete Darwin candidate buffoons, the parents don't react at all.

Its as though they have become used to the idiocy through years of tolerating it. Its their total lack of reaction that provides the true measure of dysfunctionality in these people.

7 months pregnant and climbs onto an unnavigable unseaworthy pos. That is certifiable lunacy right there. Why aren't the coast guard authorities preventing departures like this ? You cant tell me they aren't monitoring sites like this.

I can.

They don't have time for it what with all the training they have to do. You know, gotta spend all that is allotted or next year they won't get as much.

Two words: Keehi Lagoon.

Not true - HR's mom rose to the occasion.

Well, they all rose to the surface, at least. It must have been hard work in the water, strapped into that wheelchair.

she was a hermaphrodite too ?

Tom,

Makes me proud to be a Californicator and a San Franciscoian. But I will point out that some pretty incredible idiots have come from other places. I'd like to think we have a monopoly on pure, concentrated dumb sauce, it's what makes living here really rewarding, but Reid The Cheese Man? Pretty nutsoid. Anyone who could put together a video like Void-Ho is someone that should be institutionalize with extreme prejudice. Rimus? Not even sure how this guy is alive. I always thought drifting around the ocean was fairly dangerous, especially to the incompetent, but I guess not. There was also that idiot who bought some wooden POS boat down in Florida and got all bent out of shape when everyone here pointed out he was obviously an idiot with a POS wooden boat. He hit the upper corner the Anger Issues vs. Cheap-scape vs. Dickwad chart. Not DefCon Ried-Level 5, but pretty fun for a few days. I'm sure there are many more I can't remember.

I think our (CA/SF) only real claim to fame is just how far "out there" our locals are. HR and The Tin Man are monumental examples of just how far the lack of skill will take a well motivated, delusional fool (It appears to be about 150 miles offshore for the record). It makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. Florida needs to step up their game. The raw material is certainly there. Florida has the highest Git-R-Done Retard Ratio of any state, bar none. With all the water access and heavy drug use it seems like you guys should be putting out a Reid a month.

I came close to driving across the state to see that Dirty30 guy. He was in full meltdown when MR CLEAN ruined the fun by calming him down. Oh well.

I must say, if anything like the FH materializes in my area, I'll do a much better job covering it than our San Fran anarchists did. At one point in this thread, I was threatening to drive one of my dinghies all the way to California just so we could get a boat on the scene. We all mourn the apparent loss of lilmurray, but that should not have meant all on-scene reporting stopped. They make Kevlar gloves, you know! ;)

Speaking of Dirty30, anyone know where the Sea Witch is now? Has it been turned into a Viking funeral barge yet? Has it moved yet? Has it sunk? Inquiring minds want to know. Where is Dirty posting now? I think Clean owes us an investigative report on that one since he's the one who took all the zest out of Dirty's life and pushed him out of that thread.

Its happening in Africa too, though this one won't get 125 feet, let alone 125 miles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31097612

Now that's an unfair comparison. I would say that young George Mel has done much more, and much more sensibly given his lack of available instructional opportunity, than egotistically ignorant HR ever did. I'm not sure if or how well his home built ultralight will function but it has a similar appearance to a Goat glider (http://m-sandlin.info/goat/goat.htm) and that is an aircraft that, for very limited build expenses, actually works quite well. I do think George Mel's wingspan is too short and the empennage looks undersized. But the man has a dream. And the craft has only one seat so no pregnant inter-sexed navigators will be placed at risk should flight ever be attempted.

Tom,

I came close to driving across the state to see that Dirty30 guy. He was in full meltdown when MR CLEAN ruined the fun by calming him down. Oh well.

I must say, if anything like the FH materializes in my area, I'll do a much better job covering it than our San Fran anarchists did. At one point in this thread, I was threatening to drive one of my dinghies all the way to California just so we could get a boat on the scene. We all mourn the apparent loss of lilmurray, but that should not have meant all on-scene reporting stopped. They make Kevlar gloves, you know! ;)

Oh please, you would not even consent to driving a few hours around your own state to check up on Dirty. (I am sure we could have raised the gas money for you.) How can we possibly count on you to be the Florida Lil'Murray? Then again, I was too lazy to sail over to Richardson bay to take a gander at the FH. (Sits back down, shuts up.)

I keep forgetting, is lilMurray the hermaphrodite, or the pregnant wife?

Or is lilMurray their gimp in the basement?

Lil Murray sadly disappeared during a scouting expedition during the build phase. He or she might be part of the FH structure.

Lil Murray sadly disappeared during a scouting expedition during the build phase. He or she might be part of the FH structure.

technically the fw was in the water when lilmurray disappeared, but given the continuous improvements made to the fw I guess you could still call that the build phase.

Ya, I remember all that, but didn't his silence seem a bit convenient?

I think lilMurray turned sides and is one of the "crew".

Come on, are you saying that illuminary escaped from the kkk and the bible thumpers and overcame pregnancies via cousins as well as his sexual handicap but could not escape the pull of HR or even the Viking... He was a double agent????

Oh My....

technically the fw was in the water when lilmurray disappeared, but given the continuous improvements made to the fw I guess you could still call that the build phase.

I was going to fix that for you, but can't think of the appropriate word...

Lilmurray was at the launching. Took some great photos. He disappeared sometime while the FH was tied up on A dock at Loch Lomond Marina. Said he was working on a report on the electrical systems of the FH, specifically the use of Romex throughout. Also said he would do a report on the steering as well. His last posts were on page 25 (June 5, 2013).

Here is part of one of his last posts.

"For my own part I came to this forum and continue to come with the images I have made to bring as much factual accuracy to this discussion as possible. I have tried very diligently NOT to offer an assessment or an evaluation of what I see. I have written again and again that while I do have an opinion about the construction and seaworthiness of this craft I have chosen to try and not offer it here. It was curiosity about “the yacht” that first drew me to it, and when I saw some of the wild speculation about it on SA I felt I could do more than just satisfy my curiosity about the build and structure of the big cat. There is no doubt in my mind that people have a right to engage in a discussion of this craft. It is not simply a case of intruding or leaving these people to do as they please. Inland and coastal waters are a shared resource that affords many of us substantial, but not limitless, freedom to pursue our passions. That said, I will paraphrase, “with great freedom comes great responsibility”, for ourselves AND others. Indeed, the open sea may afford even more freedom, but even this is not without its limits. If the Flyin Hawaiian goes down or disintegrates in some fashion it is most likely that one of us, risking our own safety in the process, will be first on the scene to collect it’s crew. If there is debris left in the water, we’re the ones who will have to navigate around it and pay with our taxes and fees the cost for clean up."

I'm seriously concerned for his well being. Very rare for anyone so involved in a thread/community like this and not check back in occasionally. Especially after what he predicted above came to fruition.

were the holding tanks covered on the top or just sealed w epoxy on the bottoms

where would you sleep in/on a 65' Kat-Litter box falling apart by the min before even leaving the Bay -> For the next 7 Daz ??

No Fackin Way could a gaggle like that leave for anywhere w/o Pets = Lizards, Snakes, Facking HomoPigions, Sheep ???? Who's Feeding them ??

I'm guessin all in the FishTank will be fine

once they get used to a little Salt :o

Lilmurray was at the launching. Took some great photos. He disappeared sometime while the FH was tied up on A dock at Loch Lomond Marina. Said he was working on a report on the electrical systems of the FH, specifically the use of Romex throughout. Also said he would do a report on the steering as well. His last posts were on page 25 (June 5, 2013).

"For my own part I came to this forum and continue to come with the images I have made to bring as much factual accuracy to this discussion as possible. I have tried very diligently NOT to offer an assessment or an evaluation of what I see. I have written again and again that while I do have an opinion about the construction and seaworthiness of this craft I have chosen to try and not offer it here. It was curiosity about the yacht that first drew me to it, and when I saw some of the wild speculation about it on SA I felt I could do more than just satisfy my curiosity about the build and structure of the big cat. There is no doubt in my mind that people have a right to engage in a discussion of this craft. It is not simply a case of intruding or leaving these people to do as they please. Inland and coastal waters are a shared resource that affords many of us substantial, but not limitless, freedom to pursue our passions. That said, I will paraphrase, with great freedom comes great responsibility, for ourselves AND others. Indeed, the open sea may afford even more freedom, but even this is not without its limits. If the Flyin Hawaiian goes down or disintegrates in some fashion it is most likely that one of us, risking our own safety in the process, will be first on the scene to collect its crew. If there is debris left in the water, were the ones who will have to navigate around it and pay with our taxes and fees the cost for clean up."

I'm seriously concerned for his well being. Very rare for anyone so involved in a thread/community like this and not check back in occasionally. Especially after what he predicted above came to fruition.

I totally agree.

The abrupt, and complete silence from lilMurray is very strange.

Surely one of the SF anarchist's must know him personally?

Has anyone checked the Batrimaran?

"For my own part I came to this forum and continue to come with the images I have made to bring as much factual accuracy to this discussion as possible. I have tried very diligently NOT to offer an assessment or an evaluation of what I see. I have written again and again that while I do have an opinion about the construction and seaworthiness of this craft I have chosen to try and not offer it here. It was curiosity about the yacht that first drew me to it, and when I saw some of the wild speculation about it on SA I felt I could do more than just satisfy my curiosity about the build and structure of the big cat. There is no doubt in my mind that people have a right to engage in a discussion of this craft. It is not simply a case of intruding or leaving these people to do as they please. Inland and coastal waters are a shared resource that affords many of us substantial, but not limitless, freedom to pursue our passions. That said, I will paraphrase, with great freedom comes great responsibility, for ourselves AND others. Indeed, the open sea may afford even more freedom, but even this is not without its limits. If the Flyin Hawaiian goes down or disintegrates in some fashion it is most likely that one of us, risking our own safety in the process, will be first on the scene to collect its crew. If there is debris left in the water, were the ones who will have to navigate around it and pay with our taxes and fees the cost for clean up."

I totally agree.

Send him a PM! Maybe the site will email him letting him know he has a PM waiting.

Its happening in Africa too, though this one won't get 125 feet, let alone 125 miles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31097612

That plane looks a lot better built than the flyin' Hawian. But I know little of aircraft. It might just look like a plane. The builder at least looked at a couple of books on the subject. I will give him that. Must be a big yard too for taxiing in.

I went 550+ miles and then across Frisco Bay in my YACHT

Yet couldn't be Arsed to go by to see the FH

Knowing it could Not be unseen

I totally agree.

Send him a PM! Maybe the site will email him letting him know he has a PM waiting.

I seem to remember when he stopped posting that someone said he had lost his job, and didn't have access to the interwebs.

That was quite some time ago. You would think he could have borrowed a few minutes of web time from a friend to give a final report...