65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

So Angle Wind has been modified.... Thought it sunk.... A wasted mooring if you ask me, sailed past the POS and just wondered when it would end up on the rocks by Kona Kai....

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can assure you, nothing was added to The Rod's replies.   Perhaps sharing my reverence for The Rod, as well as my deep appreciation for the journalistic accomplishments of my Sailing Anarchy predece

And wtf happened to lil'murray.......?

Guy did not grow a vagin! Mr. Hot is full of merde! The only place Mr. Hot has seen a double hurricane is in La Nouvelle Orléans. 

Posted Images

He flew down to American Samoa with a handful of surplus galvanized eye-bolts to help refurb Pier Pressure.

That's the sad part for me, two delusional characters, one spends every dime he & every direct family member has building a boat of his dreams, the other doesn't spend a dime of his own money, and doesn't even do the slightest smidgen tiniest bit of labour needed to even leave the dock...

Which one makes it to their tropical paradise?

Fuck.

If ever there was proof that grifting pays in America...Although, just looking at the career of...crap, can't say that name...

Could Rod be in DAGO

this POS that was for sale years ago for $10K Won't Sink (dunno why)

And now someone is putting Lip-Stick on it

if Rod could have got washed out the gate on this he would be listening to a Screaming transgender baby on the edge of the environment somewhere

2015BC010945.JPG

2015BC010946.JPG

2015BC010947.JPG

2015BC010948.JPG

2015BC010949.JPG

Well spotted woody, that transom treatment looks very familiar...but I think this one has the same number of stairs on each side.

FLYIN HAWAIIAN Found and a line has been attached - Salvage to begin

battleship1.jpg

The bow sprit looks familiar but that's not FH

it was that or the thread would sink

Are you sure it has not already sunk?

Nobody can come up with an article on the rescue. Nobody can come up with the CG video or pictures of the rescue.

HR is missing. llimurry is still missing. I think we are on the bottom here...

Are you sure it has not already sunk?

Nobody can come up with an article on the rescue. Nobody can come up with the CG video or pictures of the rescue.

HR is missing. llimurry is still missing. I think we are on the bottom here...

The Flyin Malaysian Hawaiian ^_^

I wish James "Hot Rod" Lane would chime in a tell us how this all ended.

I know we were less than kind to him and wrote some nasty things, but we sure would like to hear about how things ended up.

I dunno we likely are imagining a better outcome than the "You Can't Make This Shit Up" reality of what happened ^_^

I know we were less than kind to him and wrote some nasty things, but we sure would like to hear about how things ended up.

If we pm him, will he get an email saying so?

If we pm him, will he get an email saying so?

I'm thinkin his box is Full

Full of effluent & saltwater & sprouts :mellow:

Clean's already got the scoop for us. He interviewed HR and is working on a story for the Front Page. He said it will be up there the day after tomorrow.

Just has to run it past Peter Johnstone for um, um, ah, editorial clarification. Yeah, that's it.

Wouldn't want to cast catamarans in a bad light, you know, especially with the bad press that Hot Rod has given the brand lately.

Naow, Mate!

Far too neat a seating arrangement and a bit SMALLER than one would egest.

HR should have chimed in here by now, (and I dunno why he hasn't) to pertek his fame and honour. (Ah! Right. He HAS neither then, duzzee?)

I just cann'a ken as this "Artifactus Vomitus" has survived for SO many posts!

• 2 weeks later...

Clean's already got the scoop for us. He interviewed HR and is working on a story for the Front Page. He said it will be up there the day after tomorrow.

.. .. .. .. well?????

hold everything............ rumour has it that the hotrod didn't sink but actually made it to china where he lived under the radar till he tried to chomp down on a bus conductors hand......they don't like that in china

post-19456-0-55268300-1434837038_thumb.jpg

hold everything............ rumour has it that the hotrod didn't sink but actually made it to china where he lived under the radar till he tried to chomp down on a bus conductors hand......they don't like that in china

Never fuck with a skinny Sumo. He'll eat you alive.

Never fuck with a skinny Sumo. He'll eat you alive.

Dude's lucky he's not in Murka. He'd be shot 50 times by now.

• 3 weeks later...

The saga of FH is incomplete. A bit like reading a really long book only to find out the last chapter is missing.

I would really like to hear first-hand about the voyage of FH, what ultimately caused the boat to fail and what Mr HotRod is up to now.

Hearing him say "gee, that really wasn't very well thought through and I will learn from my mistakes" would be a nice ending (maybe for the movie) but I am not expecting that outcome.

I look forward to reading the final chapter. And thanks again to everyone who made this thread so darn enjoyable and funny.

Yes, one really does have to wonder if any measure of enlightenment ever visited HotRod when he realized his pile was coming apart - just as everyone with ANY knowledge of boats said that it would.

"Holy Hell, they were right ! "

naaaaahh

Yes, one really does have to wonder if any measure of enlightenment ever visited HotRod when he realized his pile was coming apart - just as everyone with ANY knowledge of boats said that it would.

"Holy Hell, they were right ! "

naaaaahh

He probably thinks it was our fault that his four-star multi-million dollar yacht sank. I strongly doubt he will ever admit to himself it fell apart.

I'm wondering if any recognizable pieces of it washed ashore. Might be a good souvenir item

FB- Doug

MayBee - just MayBee HR built his POS for $100,000.00 of $OPM

And lived with said OP's for 2 years on Frisco Bay = $300,000.00 Value

Then sold the F-H to a Floating "Freak Show" for enough to buy a Ticket to HI and a pup tent

Who is Laughing at Who Now ? ...................................... :o

• 1 month later...

The worst part about it is what we DON'T know...

Some people took the boat out of Richardson Bay, out the Golden Gate, and started heading somewhere. Hawaii?

Was Hot Rod on the boat? Any others in his family? Ma? The Viking? The Harlasaki?

We think we know the hermaphrodite was on board with the pregnant concubine. Anyone else?

The CG rescued them off Monterey.

And from that point on, the trail goes cold.

I am disappoint.

Some people took the boat out of Richardson Bay, out the Golden Gate, and started heading somewhere. Hawaii?

Was Hot Rod on the boat? Any others in his family? Ma? The Viking? The Harlasaki?

We think we know the hermaphrodite was on board with the pregnant concubine. Anyone else?

I am disappoint.

I am waiting on the movie. Or at least the 3 part TV mini series.

I am disappoint.

Is not ohey

FB- Doug

As an official Alien I'm not familiar with US emigration procedures.

If the FH set out from mainland USA for Hawaii does it need to "check out" with anyone? I presume customs aren't interested as destination is still USA, but is there any other state/federal bureaucracy you need to go through for such a voyage?

If so I assume the Freedom of Information Act would apply and provide some info?

If the FH set out from mainland USA for Hawaii does it need to "check out" with anyone? I presume customs aren't interested as destination is still USA, but is there any other state/federal bureaucracy you need to go through for such a voyage?

If so I assume the Freedom of Information Act would apply and provide some info?

Amazingly, the US is one country that allows all boats to depart with no departure papers... so Go... and no trace...

they are much more concerned with the immigration aspect.....

Amazingly, the US is one country that allows all boats to depart with no departure papers... so Go... and no trace...

In fact it can be very difficult to find an official who will issue a customs and immigration departure clearance which you badly need if going to Mexico. Arrive without a 'zarpe' and you can expect trouble.

In fact it can be very difficult to find an official who will issue a customs and immigration departure clearance which you badly need if going to Mexico. Arrive without a 'zarpe' and you can expect trouble.

Even though they fucking know that. So it just means they want to screw the American Gringo.

Even though they fucking know that. So it just means they want to screw the American Gringo.

There's different flavours of gringo? I thought that was USAnians by definition.

There's different flavours of gringo? I thought that was USAnians by definition.

Yep.

It's clear nobody here or SA for that matter want to out him where he has hidden, likely 20 miles upstream from Richardson, but I had to laugh when I read this part...

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of jet skiers." - Immanuel Kant

This is the part that pisses us off.

"But it was not immediately clear if Lane was aboard — or even continues to own the boat. Coast Guard officials in Alameda declined to identify those rescued or the craft’s ownership."

Lane was a "professional victim". He was convinced of his own superiority, and anything in his life that went wrong, was always due to bad luck, karma, circumstances "beyond his control" or people out to get him. He refused to acknowledge responsibility for anything.

Do you really think that even if he came back here to tell the tale, that he'd be honest about what really happened?

Now, he's broke, boatless and has a criminal record (or added to a rapsheet he may have already had). I'm sure he's blaming everything and everyone around him for it.

Someone set up a website claiming to represent the boat: http://www.HOTRODSCATAMARAN.COM

That domain shall expire in 14 days... Unless renewed. It was renewed last September....

we may know more:

(data from whois)

Domain Name: HOTRODSCATAMARAN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1827588460_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-09-14T16:26:54Z
Creation Date: 2013-09-14T21:16:20Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-09-14T21:16:20Z
there is also a paypal donate button that is linked to the following email: mryacht33 @ yahoo.com

I considered throwing in my 2 cents @ mryacht33 @ yahoo.com

but reconsidered

I only feel for the Mom who would have made the News if needing to be rescued

Perhaps it's a condition of silence whenever Loyd's of London pays out ??

(who would survey a Brand New 65' Katamoron ??)

Mcgreer says it's amazing no one was killed -- but what about Lil' Murray?

might have opted to stay on-board rather than be rescued and Quarantined with the others

so far no response by Bruce Jenner denying having been rescued with the others ??? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Domain Name: HOTRODSCATAMARAN.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1827588460_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-09-14T16:26:54Z
Creation Date: 2013-09-14T21:16:20Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-09-14T21:16:20Z
In pedant mode, "expiration" means breathing out, exhaling. It has nothing at all to do with expiry, which means running out, coming to an end.
Oh dear....
Mind you, noticing the difference between exhaling and something coming to an end has nothing to do with pedantry either, come to think of it.

Is that what it is supposed to look like in the 4th pick from the last?? Bleach...... Better to move it to a plot o land and bury it to use as is. The above pic with the fence and gate etc aint too bad.....

• 5 weeks later...

Tom how about a closing report on your plywood. Is it still alive unlike the FH?

The plywood table still stands.

This pic is a year old now:

ply-table-14.jpg

I have a newer one someplace but haven't bothered to upload it anywhere. It looks worse, but not much worse. It is significantly weaker but that's not something that comes through in a pic.

It will still support a medium-sized cat and does regularly. One day, it will fail, most likely underneath the kitty. I hope I'm watching.

Tom how about a closing report on your plywood. Is it still alive unlike the FH?

The plywood table still stands.

This pic is a year old now:

ply-table-14.jpg

I have a newer one someplace but haven't bothered to upload it anywhere. It looks worse, but not much worse. It is significantly weaker but that's not something that comes through in a pic.

It will still support a medium-sized cat and does regularly. One day, it will fail, most likely underneath the kitty. I hope I'm watching.

You could probably get a little more life out of it if you moved the sawhorses a little closer together.

Btw, what's up with the "There I fixed it." plumbing?

The plumbing evolved over time and doesn't look like that any more. Basically, it looked pretty normal and uncomplicated, then I added a greenhouse with its own supply line and another house with its own supply line. The latest "fix" was to replace the 1980's vintage main shutoff with two new ones, one for each house. Previously, I was unable to shut off one without shutting off all.

Here's the old valve and the kitty and a random boat console on the table last August.

ply-table-aug-15.jpg

The plumbing evolved over time and doesn't look like that any more. Basically, it looked pretty normal and uncomplicated, then I added a greenhouse with its own supply line and another house with its own supply line. The latest "fix" was to replace the 1980's vintage main shutoff with two new ones, one for each house. Previously, I was unable to shut off one without shutting off all.

Here's the old valve and the kitty and a random boat console on the table last August.

ply-table-aug-15.jpg

copper a bit expensive down there buddy ?

The main reason for going to two valves instead of one was that a copper line buried under concrete failed. Meanwhile, PVC lines buried at the same time are still working today.

Yes, putting a new PVC line to replace the failed copper one was expensive, but not nearly as expensive as bracing the house so that I could destroy the concrete pad and columns on which it sits would have been.

Just for laughs, I entered flyin hawaiian in the eBay search box.

Not a thing about the boat, just some stuff about a baseball player.

There ought to be a model from Revell or some other toy company by now.

At least a book or TV show...

Come on HR ! You could be getting royalties by now !

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=flyin%20hawaiian&clk_rvr_id=918668585489&mfe=search

WTF ?

• 1 month later...

Mary and Chris Moose are singing,

"We've got that sink-ing feel-ing,

Wo-oh that sink-ing feel-ing...

We've got that sink-ing feel-ing,

Now it's gone, gone, gone,

And we can't go on...

Ho-ho-ho-ho!"

I hope it doesn't rain, dear....

...ahhh well. In this world there's always another nutcase around the corner. :mellow:

. ....that's what gives Scooter his toys!

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=168047

....only 3 pages and it's got all the hallmarks :rolleyes:

That's a gem! $1250 invested in a 2x12 plank, 2 nuts, and a styrofoam bulb!

...don't forget the can of red spraypaint :o

• 2 months later...