65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Tits?

Sorry, will these do?post-100168-0-47010600-1373698675_thumb.

Never trust a woman whose tits are bigger than her head.

Ever.

You'll thank me later.

SHIT!

Even if they are real?

I'm screwed.

Real as opposed to what, imaginary?

Maybe I'm an oddball but I prefer OEM to aftermarket add-ons. Seen some that were possible LTH's ("larger than head") but did not get a chance to measure. In person, I mean...

FB- Doug

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can assure you, nothing was added to The Rod's replies.   Perhaps sharing my reverence for The Rod, as well as my deep appreciation for the journalistic accomplishments of my Sailing Anarchy predece

And wtf happened to lil'murray.......?

Guy did not grow a vagin! Mr. Hot is full of merde! The only place Mr. Hot has seen a double hurricane is in La Nouvelle Orléans. 

Posted Images

Met a pair just last night that were larger than the owners head, and oh did she ever catch me checking those girls out, sooooo she gave me her card, out of the blue, soon as her boyfriend wasn't looking. I'm thinking those girls might not be getting the attention they deserve.

Who knows maybe I'll even post pictures ;-)

I was never attracted to circus freaks. I once saw an old time stripper doing some self promotion on West Georgia in the days if "Isy's" strip joint - she was just walking down the street but she had a toy poodle asleep on her rack. :o

Just back from a week of racing Buccaneer’s down at Fort Walton Beach and getting back up to speed on The Hot Rod.

So is the plan for her to just be a slip queen at the marina where she is at? Looks like the FH will make a nice house boat/floating condo…

BTW The Fort Walton Beach area is an awesome venue for a regatta. Great racing venue in the sound and the beaches are beautiful.

as a Harley Owner/Rider I Fucking Laugh when I read the anti-HD shit posted here

OH Gutta buy one and customize it

FACK me I forgot I am in 1D-Anarchy

Apologizes to all who UP-Grade Bits an Pieces of their ride

1-D people NEVER UP-Grade do they ???? :lol:

Is this the same Da Woody who thinks driving a Jeep is way too dangerous? Sorry, the irony just makes me chuckle a little...

as you were...

I was never attracted to circus freaks.

Me neither!! Rather have a B or C cup than those ginormous, inflated mammaries. More than a mouthful is okay, but not freak-show big.

Ridingrrley bashing is funny. I read into everything except Ducati. Most people who bash Harleys don't know what they're talking about. they are perfectly fine for what they are. They are decent motorcycles with a soul. People who don't know anything about riding don't get that. They can go to their graves with that ignorance.

speech to text really doesn't work that well

In my misspent youth I wore out more bikes than most people have ridden. Harleys and their usual riders are well matched - fat, primitive, overweight, slow and loud. Even Sonny Barger said he'd prefer to ride a Japanese bike but those ruggedly individualistic and non-conformist Hells Angels require their members to ride hogs.

HD should find a way to put a shaggy beard on their bikes then everything would match up.

Just like people and their pets. ;)

Ridingrrley bashing is funny. I read into everything except Ducati. Most people who bash Harleys don't know what they're talking about. they are perfectly fine for what they are. They are decent motorcycles with a soul. People who don't know anything about riding don't get that. They can go to their graves with that ignorance.

speech to text really doesn't work that well

There must be something good about them, or so many people wouldn't like them. I just can't get a damn thing out of a Harley. They sound cool, but so do a lot of other bikes. Cornering clearance is nonexistent and that's a shame because it's really one of the key parts of why motorcycles are so damn fun.

Ducatis sound cool too -- but many Ducs being yellow or red are a little clownish-looking.

I favor sport/touring bikes these days. Triumph triples sound amazing with decent exhaust pipes, and they have a whole lot more gravitas than, say, Suzukis. I really like modern Triumphs, their well-conceived throttle curve and their long-legged gearing is great, but their distribution network is obviously a fraction of the Japanese bikes. Simple fact of the matter is, if you can live with a Honda, you're probably not gonna be too unhappy over time.

In terms of pure work-manship, personally I don't like Harleys. I ride them because I'm in the club, and that's the image, but if I could I would seriously consider riding a Honda ST1100 or a BMW. We really missed the boat not switching over to the Japanese models when they began building bigger bikes. I'll usually say "Fuck Harley-Davidson."

—- Ralph "Sonny" Barger, Hell's Angel [3]

In my misspent youth I wore out more bikes than most people have ridden. Harleys and their usual riders are well matched - fat, primitive, overweight, slow and loud. Even Sonny Barger said he'd prefer to ride a Japanese bike but those ruggedly individualistic and non-conformist Hells Angels require their members to ride hogs.

I used to ride street bikes, and knew subtle differences between all the bikes I had up to that point, (though I never rode a Harley.)

Once I discovered dual-sport, all those bikes just became street bikes, they may be terrific bikes but they're not made for ripping off-road. That kind of one- dimensional riding just isn't interesting for me anymore. I see a line of trees or a ridge or a little cave on the side of a mountain, I want to twist the throttle of my magic carpet and go there even if no road goes to it. All the bikes on my wish list are now dual-sport, you can't go back after that.

One thing about Harley riders, I used to work a lot of motorcycle shows for my dad's spark plug company, and I noticed that off the bikes, Harley riders almost universally did businesses in cash, they tipped generously, were often gruff but always friendly once conversation started. They're old-fashioned kind of people in a way, and would give someone the shirt off their back. The load pipes are mainly because they're concerned about getting hit by a cager. Yes, it's annoying, I can't fault them as people though.

Of course, that was more than a decade ago. Now wealthy suburbanites ride Harleys, they may not be the same quality of person, I don't know any longer.

You guys crack me up

ever drive a ..............................................

unless you're talking Corvair things have changed

My last Harley rode like the Big Burly Beast that it was

It was Fast, it would Clunk into gears like you kicked a metal bucket of rocks

It would bottom out most everywhere as it was Low

It was Stock so quiet and FUCKING Fun as Hell to Ride

the Fuel Injection kept it running Flawless = I LOVED Riding it !!!!!

What matters to you??

Now my NEW (to me) Ride is a different story all togeather

08SuperGlideCustom.jpg

Ya it's a Harley w the same old shape But that's where it endz

feels much more like my old Yamaha, Honda & Cowasaki V-Twins of the past

It's velvet Smooth, ya get little feeling when shifting and the clutch has no resistance

in 4th you can roll along at 80mph and grab a handful of throttle and feel the g's as you accelerate (has a 6-speed)

Oh it has ABS so can't lock it up with the brakes & Yes I tried

It sits higher w longer suspension and just felt Wrong after my '04 LowRider

It has grown on me now and I'm enjoying the softer Smooth Ride as I get used to the Added HP & Torque

2007 HD started putting out a product a World away from anything older. The 96-CI / 6-Speed

Most important thing is that you:

(1) Enjoy

(2) Use

(3) Have

What makes "YOU" Happy

that you know what is better (yet don't have one, or ride it or enjoy it when you do) don't count for Shit !!!

Crack up all you want, but the fact is that Pro-Harley people started the shitfight here. (see incorrect HT quote)

Hello pot? Kettle calling.

Back in 1998 I had just moved back on to land after 7 years cruising and needed some stimulation in my life. I decided to buy a bike.

The test ride on the HD went like this, set off do 2 miles and decide one of the tyres must be soft, ground it turning and nearly fall off, return to dealership and ask them to check out tyre pressures etc. Set off again after being assured it is perfect. Do 5 miles and take it back shaking my head, how could anything 'modern' handle that bad. It was a 1000 sportster.

Bought a Ducati 916 instead.

Woody..... I don't care much for Harleys either but that is a good looking bike and especially nice to see that it has mufflers!! Or silencers as some would say. : - )

I cannot stand the open pipes of the mouth breathing, knuckle draggers who delight in setting off every car alarm on the street.... }: - l

And no "ape hangers", or "freeway pegs". Never rode one, but as previous poster opined, most reasonable bikers prefer the handling of just about any other make... Flame away!!

....and that's when it hit me: this thread should be moved to General Anarchy.

it would serve Woody right!! A coupla years ago, he had Dawg move a thread of mine to GA......LOL!!

Enough of this Harley/non Harley shit.

Lets get it to Chevy/Ford....

.....Oh, wait. Isn't this post about HR and the Flyin Hawaiian?

If I missed something I appologize.

Woody..... I don't care much for Harleys either but that is a good looking bike and especially nice to see that it has mufflers!! Or silencers as some would say. : - )

I cannot stand the open pipes of the mouth breathing, knuckle draggers who delight in setting off every car alarm on the street.... }: - l

And no "ape hangers", or "freeway pegs". Never rode one, but as previous poster opined, most reasonable bikers prefer the handling of just about any other make... Flame away!!

I agree with all of this. That bike looks much like an early chopper from back in my youth - all the garbage stripped off and a sporty bike left, not the absurd art bikes that are called choppers now.

The open pipe "safety" thing is such total bullshit. I notice that only hog riders subscribe to it. If the pipes faced forward they might have something but as it is, it's only the people alongside and behind the pipes that hear them and have to suffer for it.

I ran lots of open pipes when I was a teenager. I outgrew it nearly 1/2 century ago.

Fairly recently I started seeing lots of bikes with headlights that sort of strobe - like the rider is warning oncoming traffic about a radar trap. THAT works - very hard to miss. You can see it long before you hear open pipes.

Fuck that

Rolls/Bentley

Fuck that

Rolls/Bentley

Fuck that!

Ferrari/Maserati/Lambo...

Thanks for getting involved.

Now that you are in my neighborhood ...

Aston Martin or,

wait for it.....

Tesla.

Now that all of that is settled, let's get back to the thread.

Does it float?

Does it have drywall?

(ok, hijack away - 1/2" or 5/8"...)

does it have rudders?

does it foil?

and lastly...

does it have a reality show on channel 20194?

Back in 1998 I had just moved back on to land after 7 years cruising and needed some stimulation in my life. I decided to buy a bike.

The test ride on the HD went like this, set off do 2 miles and decide one of the tyres must be soft, ground it turning and nearly fall off, return to dealership and ask them to check out tyre pressures etc. Set off again after being assured it is perfect. Do 5 miles and take it back shaking my head, how could anything 'modern' handle that bad. It was a 1000 sportster.

Bought a Ducati 916 instead.

I bought a State of the art TV that Year too

Oh and sportster ??? were they out of "Men'z" bikes ???

:o:o:o:o:unsure:

Yawn

no word yet on Da Rod

Is the whole family out there bailing like crazy yet ?

Is the "wall board" installed and hows that waterline looking ?

WTF

Please do not try to return this thread to it's original focus. It has now been given over to men who like to wear assless leather pants defending their poor choice of two wheeled transportation.

Damn it, the correct name is "sheetrock." Or "gypsum board" if you must.

And everyone knows the _only_ correct thing to use in a floating plywood boat-ish-thing is 5/8". 1/2" is just too thin. Think the nail/screwhead pops you'd get from thin sheetrock in a seaway. The mind boggles.

That only leaves one question: which is more proper for use in a floating plywood boat-ish-thing: classic paper drywall tape, or the self-sticky kind? And should it have a smooth skim coat, or perhaps a more arty swirl finish?

And everyone knows the _only_ correct thing to use in a floating plywood boat-ish-thing is 5/8". 1/2" is just too thin. Think the nail/screwhead pops you'd get from thin sheetrock in a seaway. The mind boggles.

That only leaves one question: which is more proper for use in a floating plywood boat-ish-thing: classic paper drywall tape, or the self-sticky kind? And should it have a smooth skim coat, or perhaps a more arty swirl finish?

You forgot drywall. I think the Rod should have some of that sticky fiberglass tape left over from doing the seams in the CDX.

Excellent point, Tom. Smooth is harder to do, but probably more useful in this case.

Sand Crab - I skipped "drywall" on purpose. Because...well, it probably won't be. For very long, at least.

You forgot drywall. I think the Rod should have some of that sticky fiberglass tape left over from doing the seams in the CDX.

I would think greenboard drywall would be used in this application...

Excellent point, Tom. Smooth is harder to do, but probably more useful in this case.

Sand Crab - I skipped "drywall" on purpose. Because...well, it probably won't be. For very long, at least.

Wetwall?

Too expensive.. He is just gonna spray it all with that drycote stuff from HD. 1 can goes for over 200 uses right??

Yawn

no word yet on Da Rod

Is the whole family out there bailing like crazy yet ?

WTF

Please do not try to return this thread to it's original focus. It has now been given over to men who like to wear assless leather pants defending their poor choice of two wheeled transportation.

Really though, who are we to judge. I heard the supreme court of the US has ruled that harley owners can now legally marry each other.

Too expensive.. He is just gonna spray it all with that drycote stuff from HD. 1 can goes for over 200 uses right??

Actually, the correct name is gypsum wall board, ergo the "GWB" callout on almost all construction documents. Sheetrock is a registered trade name and should be capitalized - it is in more common usage on the East Coast as a generic. Gypsum board (or "gyp board) is acceptable, but rather "common" usage.

For the FH, however, they should probably go first class and use green board below the waterline (wherever that ends up - your guess is as good as mine) and the blue stuff above. If FH was actually shaped like a boat, I'd go with two staggered layers of 3/8" to conform to the curves. No curves? No problem.

Definitely gotta use fiberglass tape and Fry (or equal) pvc radiused corner trim.

As for the finish? Veneer plaster is the only way. Level 5.

Since The Rod is touted as a Master Craftsman, I would expect nothing less than traditional lath and plaster with coved ceilings.

wait... I thought this thread was about preferred transportation on the hard stuff? What's up with the hi-jack?

Personally, I'm an Audi over BMW kinda guy!

Talk amongst yourself...

On another topic, it would seem to still be floating!

I hope he used Gorilla duct tape. (Couldn't have as his budget is too small, that stuff ain't cheap) Regular gray hardware store duct tape isn't waterproof. I will fall apart in mere days if wet enough.

Jeez, I would think after all that pedanticizing over the etymology of the terms for sheetrock, you guys would know that green sheetrock is not waterproof. Not even particularly water resistant really. The paper itself is 'mildly' more moisture resistant than the non-green stuff and that's it. More like mildew resistant. If it was actually waterproof, the joint compound (pretty sure they call it 'poi' in Hawaii) wouldn't stick to it...

Jeez, I would think after all that pedanticizing over the etymology of the terms for sheetrock, you guys would know that green sheetrock is not waterproof. Not even particularly water resistant really. The paper itself is 'mildly' more moisture resistant than the non-green stuff and that's it. More like mildew resistant. If it was actually waterproof, the joint compound (pretty sure they call it 'poi' in Hawaii) wouldn't stick to it...

So right you are. Don't think anybody actually claimed water-resistant. That would assume we thought the good ship FH would/could leak.

Perish the thought. (And perish the poi too. Although I thought that stuff was better used for texturing ceilings...or floors.)

It's slowly sinking, almost to the bottom of the first page...you know, THAT thread, Hot Rod. Didn't want to post this to that thread 'cos then, there you go, it'd be back up top.

I like watching 'em sink...Stowe, etc...always interesting to see who the first one is to pull the trigger and bring it back to the top.

oops, sorry about that.

It's slowly sinking, almost to the bottom of the first page...you know, THAT thread, Hot Rod. Didn't want to post this to that thread 'cos then, there you go, it'd be back up top.

I like watching 'em sink...Stowe, etc...always interesting to see who the first one is to pull the trigger and bring it back to the top.

oops, sorry about that.

I guess the thread about this thread sinking will out-sink this thread.

I wonder what Reid and the Family Ho are up to?

Dare ya. Double dog dare.

This video will bring you up to date:

dash

Nice try, but I've had that address embedded in my sub-conscience for the past few years. Danger, Will Robinson, no clicky!!

This video will bring you up to date:

dash

Nice try, but I've had that address embedded in my sub-conscience for the past few years. Danger, Will Robinson, no clicky!!

Ditto.

When I describe the surreal adventures of the cheese scow and its variable crew of even more variable Hovians, most people think I am either exaggerating -- heavily -- or outright lying. I merely point them in the direction of the most rad spoken-word/music video ever made.

They invariably come back to me with, "Your description was vastly understated."

Truth, dear friends, always makes for the better story.

have a lady friend sit behind you on one, and get back to us.

I've seen the type of fat, wrinkled up, leather faced wombats that tend to be found on the pillion seats of Harleys, no coincidence it takes a paint shaker Nice Custom Tits get one off.

as a Harley Owner/Rider I Fucking Laugh when I read the anti-HD shit posted here

OH Gutta buy one and customize it

FACK me I forgot I am in 1D-Anarchy

Apologizes to all who UP-Grade Bits an Pieces of their ride

1-D people NEVER UP-Grade do they ???? :lol:

Yeah, I upgraded my Vmax with a complete upside down front end, single sides swing arm, cams, stage seven jets, ohlins suspension, delran motor mounts and a composite tail section, rear sets lighting a et al, and it's 100 lbs lighter and has 30 more hp.

My 380lb r1 makes just under 200rwhp, also full ohlins, power commander, full Ti exhaust blah blah

Your Harley is a loud, anemic, 900lb parade float with 65hp pushing it.

Loud, slow and obsolete. Like those that ride em so whenever one passes my house I throw a sash weight at them.

Obviously predictions of departure have until this point been wrong, I heard from a marina resident they are leaving 7/22 - tomorrow. Sorry to hijack this motorcycle thread...

Carry on

Is today the day? There's nice high tide of almost +7 feet, an hour past noon today (up from -1.5 at 7:am) - solid 4+ knots at the gate during the flood.

Dangit, I can't get up there for a couple of weeks. Somebody on site please get us pictures and video!

We are talking drivel about anything while waiting for something of substance to come up or more likely go down.

But you have to admit there is something slightly surreal about having a honking big bike on the poop deck.

Drivel ................... You Want Drivel

OK How about sumthin like this thread w/o out F-H disseminating ??

Got it ........................

Local News Miramar Airshow to go on without military planes

blueangels1.jpg?w=1200

MIRAMAR, Calif. — The two-day 58th annual Miramar Air Show this fall will be missing the Blue Angels and other military planes, Commanding Officer Col. John Farnam announced Monday.

The show will continue with civilian planes and pilots and with “static displays” on the ground of Marine aircraft, Farnam said.

“It is my honor to host the 2013 MCAS Miramar Air Show on Oct. 4th and 5th of this year,” Farnam said in a statement. “Now as you know the Blue Angels won’t be joining us and I won’t be able to execute the flight demonstration part of the Marine Air-Ground Task Force but that doesn’t mean that your Marine Corps and the MAGTAF are not going to be on display for you here this year.”

The long-running air show was historically a three-day event.

In April, the Navy canceled all remaining 2013 performances by the Blue Angels — including those slated for the Miramar Air Show — because of federal spending cuts under budget sequestration.

Since then, dozens of air shows have been scrubbed for the same reason. The San Diego City Council earlier in July called on the Defense Department to support the Miramar Air Show after members learned that permits for the show had yet to be issued.

The Miramar Air Show typically attracts about 500,000 people and is said to generate about $17 million in economic activity, a City Council report stated.

Without the Blue Angels and other aerial acrobatics, this year’s show will feature a wide range of military aircraft and the Marines who operate them.

“While the show is going to be a little different this year, I tell you it’s going to be a time to remember for you and for your family,” Farnam said.

These photos were taken yesterday. He is going to have some serious navigation if he ever leaves Loch Lomond. The Marina office says "he's not ready and they are giving him 3 more weeks"

is that forward mast step beam new?

These photos were taken yesterday. He is going to have some serious navigation if he ever leaves Loch Lomond. The Marina office says "he's not ready and they are giving him 3 more weeks"

Cool. So he doesn't have to actually go anywhere. Squatters rule!

Then he'll need 3 more. 3 more after that.

Then 3 more... until the problem solves itself ??

I see he's lined up aux propulsion too. And isn't it cute that he's painted the dock box lids to match

FB- Doug

is the "awning" over the ports new?

is that forward mast step beam new?

no.

I wonder if he'll get an MMSI and if so, what he will list as boat information... A VHF handheld tin-can-telephone.jpg is all he needs, he won't be making it out of range of a rubber antenna. off the dock

fixed ;)

I wonder if he'll get an MMSI and if so, what he will list as boat information... A VHF handheld is all he needs, he won't be making it out of range of a rubber antenna.

You're kidding right? He just needs two tin cans and about fifty feet of string to stay in communication with shore support!