65- by 32-foot catamaran 3200sqft of living space

Yes. Seems to me the FH itself is a strong argument in favor of naval building codes.

Ain't it always the way - assholes cause problems resulting in rules the rest of us have to follow.

The latest of those here is the requirement for an operators license - like a drivers license for boats. It was implemented due primarily to the havoc and deaths caused by assholes on jet skis and rented power boats.

Do you think there would be the same pressure to clear out the anchored boats in RB if the assholes with their floating garbage piles weren't there?

This is why we can't have nice things

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can assure you, nothing was added to The Rod's replies.   Perhaps sharing my reverence for The Rod, as well as my deep appreciation for the journalistic accomplishments of my Sailing Anarchy predece

And wtf happened to lil'murray.......?

Guy did not grow a vagin! Mr. Hot is full of merde! The only place Mr. Hot has seen a double hurricane is in La Nouvelle Orléans. 

Posted Images

Do you think there would be the same pressure to clear out the anchored boats in RB if the assholes with their floating garbage piles weren't there?

This is why we can't have nice things

Hear! Hear!

Please note, letting go your chain and dropping it all in a pile and drifting back hoping it will lay out and set is not actually the general practice for anchoring in Australia......

You sure about that in the Whitsundays!

Lose'n steam here boys... If it's not motortrickles, then it's F Sea Tow, then something about having sex with anchors...

Where's Insane Jimmy Hot Rod Lane when we need him? Too bad Lil Murr is still chained up in the FH bilge.

I remember being in Florida on the ICW in the area that had lots of unmarked shifting sand shoals. The Sea Tow guys were just sitting there waiting for you to run aground so they could tow you off. Literally sitting there watching. If you asked them where the shoals were they'd ignore you.

I don't blame them.

If they give advise and it turns out to be wrong and the advisee runs aground, who they gonna sue?

"They TOLD us to go over there! They said it was safe!"

That said, I think Sea Tow and all their regional and local variations are vultures.

They serve a purpose by offering help which the government services either can no longer afford or are otherwise unwilling to offer. But since they don't get paid for just hanging around (unlike CG, Harbor Patrols, et al) they are sort of desparate for any action at all. Add to that, the fact that there is no formal training; it's basically just Bubba and his braughs with a high-torque power package, extra fuel and some pumps and tow line.

Nice to see everyone's holding back for sum Thread Savers by the Great One = KU

All Hail ............. KU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCEPT a Member Search shows No KU ???? WTF

Can it be true? There is no KU??

All hail the great and generous KU (upon whose mammaries be piece!), supplier of many wond'rous pictorial representations of the female form to the forum in days past.

All hail the great and generous KU (upon whose mammaries be piece!), supplier of many wond'rous pictorial representations of the female form to the forum in days past.

I think it's true

soooo what happened ????

KU - KU where are U

I think it's true

soooo what happened ????

KU - KU where are U

I think KU got flicked and didn't bother to come back as underKU or sumpin'.

Romain

F*** Sea Tow, they will let you sink if you don't give them a credit card. Now for my all-time favorite beauty..

Q: Why did the ambulance-chasing sexual predator divorce lawyer with leprosy let his boat sink on the shoal?

A: He didn't want to risk what was left of his reputation by being seen with the Sea Tow guy.

I think it's true

soooo what happened ????

KU - KU where are U

I think KU got flicked and didn't bother to come back as underKU or sumpin'.

Romain

No I found Kū!

just the 2nd name under K ??

Last online 13 daz before Snaggletooth went pear shaped

SnaggleKū! :o :lol: :lol: :unsure: :blink:

That said, I think Sea Tow and all their regional and local variations are vultures.

They serve a purpose by offering help which the government services either can no longer afford or are otherwise unwilling to offer.

We dropped the prop off our family fishing boat while off the Florida Keys about 20 miles in the Gulf Stream. We did not carry a spare.

Guess whose problem that was?

That's right, yours, if you were a taxpayer in the 1970s. Certainly not ours. I mean, why should we pay for our mistakes when there are taxpayers whose pockets we can pick at like a, you know, vulture.

The Coasties were very nice and were impressed with my dad's home-made radio direction finder and the fact that we actually knew where we were when we called them. Sending a boat full of guys 20 miles out into the Stream because a pleasure boater was unprepared couldn't have cost the taxpayers all that much and they should be grateful for the nice scenery provided by fishing boats heading out in the mornings. Or something.

I think that is the root of my concern. If I was the local manager of the SeaTow (or equivalent) operation, and I heard that someone from some level of government was doing for free (paid for by tax dollars) what I depend on for my business, I might be a little upset.

I have seen this a few times where government, sometimes for the best of intents, goes ahead and does something that is part of a competitive business marketplace. That is usually very inappropriate.

An example, I recall a situation where a coast guard ship took a disabled ship under tow. The ship was not in immediate danger and there was no risk to the crew. But the local salvage company, who rightfully should have done this work, was mad as hell that their work was being done by the government.

I think it fair to discuss the roles of government versus private industry in moving boats or ships that are not in danger.

I think you are confused here. Sea Tow would never help out FH. It would be foolish to call them. They only help people who either pay in advance or whose boats have significant salvage value.

As a private company, Sea Tow has a right to refuse jobs as fits their whims. This is why, ultimately, they cannot be relied on to keep public waterways clear of hazards to navigation or help boaters in distress. Public employees always have to serve as a backstop. It seems pretty odd to see a communist plot in a harbor master who does not refer a job to a private towing company that he knows they would never take.

What most don't know is that SeaTow sucks when compared to TowBoatUS. Why? TBUS operators get paid for every run, while SeaTow guys may not. Go ahead, ask the next Cap'n you encounter.... TowBoat US Gold. Priceless...

Guy is not sure what all this tow talk is about. Grandma Hot and Guy woke up together in our sweaty embrace to Mr. Viking telling us he had managed another solo sail test and we were back anchored safe in the harbor. Guy told Mr. Viking to close the door because he was letting the stank out.

They serve a purpose by offering help which the government services either can no longer afford or are otherwise unwilling to offer.

We dropped the prop off our family fishing boat while off the Florida Keys about 20 miles in the Gulf Stream. We did not carry a spare.

Guess whose problem that was?

That's right, yours, if you were a taxpayer in the 1970s. Certainly not ours. I mean, why should we pay for our mistakes when there are taxpayers whose pockets we can pick at like a, you know, vulture.

The Coasties were very nice and were impressed with my dad's home-made radio direction finder and the fact that we actually knew where we were when we called them. Sending a boat full of guys 20 miles out into the Stream because a pleasure boater was unprepared couldn't have cost the taxpayers all that much and they should be grateful for the nice scenery provided by fishing boats heading out in the mornings. Or something.

The Coast Guard station in our harbor does all the towing of stranded boaters with no direct cost to the boat owner with two exceptions. They won't take the liability of pulling a boat off the beach, and there's a big fee if you admit to running out of gas.

We greatly appreciate having them around!

Ain't it always the way - assholes cause problems resulting in rules the rest of us have to follow.

The latest of those here is the requirement for an operators license - like a drivers license for boats. It was implemented due primarily to the havoc and deaths caused by assholes on jet skis and rented power boats.

For a certain type of Snob Knob (seasonal) resident, Sloop, ALL our boats would qualify as floating garbage piles, messing up their viewshed. If Elena were swinging on the hook in Richardson's, they'd be on the the phone demanding Bill Price feed it to the 'Coon. "It's in my environment! Tow it out!"

Maybe the Maltese Falcon would be grudgingly admitted. Maybe not. Some folks tend to think their property rights extend well past the survey stakes. "I paid 7.5 million for this view!" Yeah, but you didn't buy the ocean, fucker. This problem is most acute in Florida, where condo owners have been waging battle for decades -- trying to ban anchoring and beach access in front of their homes. Equal public access to navigable waters and all tidal shoreline was US law before the US was the US. Barring compelling cause, no one can prevent us from anchoring or walking where we please. I kinda like that -- a rare artifact in a nation built on fences and 'POSTED -- No Tresspassing' placards.

So perhaps we should view the liveaboards in Richardson's as placeholders of a sort, maintaining the right of the public to anchor there. They are like the bum you give twenty bucks to sit in line for Rolling Stones tickets, while you are at work.;) Not perhaps the most savory surrogate, but this I promise: if the Nobs of Saustown manage to evict the squatters, you too will find the Bay unavailable for anchoring in your middle sized, middle class boat. Cuz once the precedent is set, it's just a matter of who defines 'undesirable.' Enforce pumpout rules and basic safety requirements, but otherwise -- leave the bums in peace. Cuz to the khans up there, baby, we're ALL bums.

So.....

Has anyone put an eyeball on FH lately? Besides Guy, of course.

Guy is at the "Root" of the situation B)

For a certain type of Snob Knob (seasonal) resident, Sloop, ALL our boats would qualify as floating garbage piles, messing up their viewshed. If Elena were swinging on the hook in Richardson's, they'd be on the the phone demanding Bill Price feed it to the 'Coon. "It's in my environment! Tow it out!"

Maybe the Maltese Falcon would be grudgingly admitted. Maybe not. Some folks tend to think their property rights extend well past the survey stakes. "I paid 7.5 million for this view!" Yeah, but you didn't buy the ocean, fucker. This problem is most acute in Florida, where condo owners have been waging battle for decades -- trying to ban anchoring and beach access in front of their homes. Equal public access to navigable waters and all tidal shoreline was US law before the US was the US. Barring compelling cause, no one can prevent us from anchoring or walking where we please. I kinda like that -- a rare artifact in a nation built on fences and 'POSTED -- No Tresspassing' placards.

So perhaps we should view the liveaboards in Richardson's as placeholders of a sort, maintaining the right of the public to anchor there. They are like the bum you give twenty bucks to sit in line for Rolling Stones tickets, while you are at work. ;) Not perhaps the most savory surrogate, but this I promise: if the Nobs of Saustown manage to evict the squatters, you too will find the Bay unavailable for anchoring in your middle sized, middle class boat. Cuz once the precedent is set, it's just a matter of who defines 'undesirable.' Enforce pumpout rules and basic safety requirements, but otherwise -- leave the bums in peace. Cuz to the khans up there, baby, we're ALL bums.

Believe me, we have the same thing here but worse. There is an acute shortage of moorage because the NIMBY's and greenies fight it and guess who gets listened to? People who buy water view property seem to think they have the right to control anything & everything that falls within their view. It's a similar mentality to those who move next to airports and then complain about the noise.

We had a situation here a few years back where the only safe anchorage in the city (False Creek) was turned into temporary permit anchoring only, due to the garbage scows that had taken up residence. Prior to that, when it was only well kept boats, there was no problem.

Not many people resent the sight of nice yachts anchored - some but not usually enough to cause the politicos to take action.

I think the best course of action to deal with that sort of situation is a seaworthiness test - the boats have to prove they are able to up anchor and move out within a short period of time - say a couple of hours. If they can't do that they are rafts, not anchored boats and have to get out. It also gets rid of the half sunken floats piled high with crap.

Went back and deleted one of my posts several pages back, top of this page was stupid.

You're welcome.

Again.

Awesome, thanks! I shall post a response in case I can help with this type of mission in the future.

Went back and deleted one of my posts several pages back, top of this page was stupid.

You're welcome.

Again.

Awesome, thanks! I shall post a response in case I can help with this type of mission in the future.

Sounds like a plan.

You're welcome.

Again.

Thanks ^_^

You're welcome.

Again.

Sounds like a plan.

Yes a Plan !!!!

Come on woodman, you can do it!!!!!! Make sure the big one is memmorable though. You may never get another chance........

The Big One shall be whenever HR pulls cuts anchor and makes way

2 posts away from 22,000 Woodster...

Pop the champagne?

DA-WOODY

Anarchist

• 21,958 posts
  • Location:I'm in Sunny..-. Warm..& ..Dry San Diego . and your not :-)
  • Interests:Prime + 1 3/4

COUGARS COUGARS & More COUGARS

21,958 + 2 = 21,960

21,958 + 42 = 22,000

21,998 + 2 = 22,000

fifty more blank post's and you'll be at 22K post's Woody.

do it, do it, do it <_<

His problem is that in order to pull his posts to the top of the page he has to go back and delete previous posts, which lowers his total post count.

You see Woody, even if you win you're still retarded.

But with his incredible skill for inane blabber, he'll still make it to 22K in no time.

"...go back and delete previous posts, which lowers his total post count."

"You see Woody, even if you win you're still retarded."

WhoaTed, are you sure about that?

I show 5 posts under my avatar but you can only find this one if you search my profile.

Maybe Da-Woody is not as retarded as you claim.

You must be new here. :rolleyes:

I guess it couldn't hurt to have a placeholder stashed away... :P

Saw FH yesterday, still floating in shallow water in Richardson's Bay

Thank you! Finally something useful! Thanks again!

For the rest of you clogging up this thread with useless bullshit please take it someplace else!!!

If you put in twin 454s rebored to 468 cid to make the Flyin' Hawaian into a power cat (no doubt HR could re-engineer the boat for the added load of engines and long-distance tankage), and added enough guns to make her into a "Peace Ship", what would be the proper PHRF rating for the FH to compete in the Newport-Ensenada (cruising/"power boat" division)?

For the rest of you clogging up this thread with useless bullshit please take it someplace else!!!

Thread seems to be shrinking - like its unclogging itself.

I feel kind of strange

If you put in twin 454s rebored to 468 cid to make the Flyin' Hawaian into a power cat (no doubt HR could re-engineer the boat for the added load of engines and long-distance tankage), and added enough guns to make her into a "Peace Ship", what would be the proper PHRF rating for the FH to compete in the Newport-Ensenada (cruising/"power boat" division)?

Maybe the Whale Wars guys would buy it then. THey could name it "THE ROD" after the builder of course..... Friggin japs would have no idea what is coming for them.......

You mean like, "What kind of boat should I buy?"

Hmmm.... do you think I should buy a boat?

Just kidding, thanks from here too O!

FB- Doug

Thread seems to be shrinking - like its unclogging itself.

I feel kind of strange

Was it Perot who said the "giant sucking sound"?

Is Hot Rod still in jail?

don't be lazy... read the damn thread.

LOL, I am, several times daily, haven't seen a recent update as to his whereabouts.

He's reportedly been out of jail for days now. No sightings since.

You mean like, "What kind of boat should I buy?"

No, even worse! Another "rules question" thread!!

Thanks SloopJon!

Is Hot Rod still in jail?

don't be lazy... read the damn thread.

LOL, I am, several times daily, haven't seen a recent update as to his whereabouts.

He's reportedly been out of jail for days now. No sightings since.

Zzzz.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This thread was more fun

when I had sheep posting future deleted posts

Now if I had asked them to do that they wouldn't

Ha - Ha - Ha

It took you three days to come up with that retort Woodster? Yawn, indeed.

Oh look, another placeholder...I need to get a life. Never mind Woody, go ahead...bump yourself up to the top of every page if you like. Was a kick knocking you off once though, just because. You're the king dude. No, really.

It took you three days to come up with that retort Woodster? Yawn, indeed.

Oh look, another placeholder...I need to get a life. Never mind Woody, go ahead...bump yourself up to the top of every page if you like. Was a kick knocking you off once though, just because. You're the king dude. No, really.

why don't you quit whining about little woody and just change the post count per page.. get a fucking life..

Truth being stranger than fiction, we have to love this:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Calif-DA-scrutinized-in-fire-affair-with-escort-4772170.php

Sutter County - you know, the one that issued the failure to appear warrant for HR? Gotta love it!

I'm glad to see that his Jump to Conclusions mat finally took off and he was able to parlay that success into a DA's job, a suspicious fire and an affair.

628x471.jpg

Tom-office_space.jpg

Now that is a cool for a 24' boat. Anyone got one?? How does it sail??

That's a good starting price for that cat, it's a plywood build, like the FH, they're all hand-builds, I think the common method is to glass them (rather than epoxy them like the FH.)

another one ... http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986/Diamonds-24-Catamaran-2539559/United-Kingdom#.UiJiIb-cpe5

I looked at one ages ago when I was living on my single, I was trying to max out the liveable space for the length, at the time, John Krevy only charged for length, no upcharge for a multi. Then I moved to Liberty Harbor North and it would have been the dock fees for a 50.

I haven't met anyone who sailed one, but for a pocket yacht, it's apparently very liveable. I'm not sure that I would trust the build to a serious storm.

I think Big C may not be too far off the mark, if he had to pick a model for a huge plywood cat, the Diamonds 24 wouldn't be a bad start. I'm just not sure he thought out the scaling-up process so well, but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Better to be sure = Trippy and what a place it could have been for HR to start

Kanada I mean :)

Larry Ellison could have the above in working order (could take that kind of money)

But none but the Raccoon can help the FH reach its potential

Plus a zillion....

gusmus, on 12 Aug 2013 - 04:47, said:snapback.png

You know. Throughout this whole "tome" of a thread, there is a basic "something" that seems to have been missed by most of our resident experts. That "something" is the fact that this site is called "Sailing ANARCHY" and in that vein our Flying Hot Rod is more of an ANARCHIST than 90% of the rest of our gallant bunch of bullshitters. Yes, he maybe doing it wrong from our point of view but, at least he's bloody well doing it and not sitting in front of a screen thowing shit in the air between bouts of wanking at the latest peice of plastic boat porn that they'll never be able to afford. I'm not condoning HR's design / build model by any means (I actually think that it is quite hideous), but, what I do condone is the fact that he got off of his ass and had a go at making his dream come true (And I trully hope he will do so). Most of the motor mouthed bastards on here are too scared to have a bath without having the comfort zone of an EPIRB and a GPS leaning against the hot tap. WcW