NorEaster on Fri for the East Coast.....shit

dacapo

Nantucket Island, 74 MPH measured wind gust at 656 PM.

yeah, the highest gust on my boat so far is 58.5 knots in Charlestown.

Regatta Dog...

Hope that you find her!! 80 year old Mom and I got out of CT at 0600 from PVD to PBI. 84 degrees and partly sunny in Lauderdale by the Sea. Drinking and dancing in the streets to the Bluegrass-Irish- Folk-Rock Band "Blue Fire", down by the pier. Chick who plays the electric fiddle reminds me of Ian Anderson jumping around the stage back in the Jethro Tull days.. Missus Backstay is back in SE CT shoveling a path for the poor cat to go out and take a piss... :D

Paging Sol!... Sol Rosenberg?? Time soon for buckets of Buds at the Lauderdale Grille????

I would say the shrink wrap has failed there. Snow and sleet on the cape cops checking all the roads and kicking people off. I am about to head back out and do some more plowing since we lost power again I might as well be in a nice warm pick up cab

14'' total at my condo...crews already plowing the pathways. My dog can;t take a leak without getting stuck in the snow...gotta fix that soon

Still plenty of wind and snow here in Portland- high tide at 10 am and there will be problems for sure- wind is off the water and has been blowing the requisite time for surge and surf.

A few years ago I put a standing seam metal roof on om house to deal with the ice dams and relieve concerns about accumulating snow weight..

Works like a charm except the roar of the snow sliding off the roof when it releases wakes you up during the night. That and the fact that all the roof snow is unceremoniously dumped directly alongside the house in generally the most inconvenient places, in this case in front of the garage doors. Have to crank up the snowblowers to deal with a 6 foot tall mound of snow before I even think of freeing the cars and clearing the driveway which this time of year is referred to as the fucking driveway.

Still too cold, snowy and windy to tackle this morning. Maybe I'll just sleep till spring.

Road next to our place in Winthrop is a full blown river now, much worse than Sandy where waves barely crested the beach. Could be a while before we can get out. Fortunately, power cam back after a brief outage overnight.

149404_532696156750751_1063344912_n.jpg

The hype included the loony Governor Deval issuing an emergency proclamation that anyone driving on any road in Mass after 4.00pm yesterday faced up to 1 year prison time. There’s a special exception of course for news media because how can we have hype and panic without the media?

I dug myself out last night made my way to the new J hotel where the dinner and a superb wine tasting was compliments of the chef for the hardy 8 souls who occupied the bar. I drove home and woke up this am, to find all my shoveling last night was in vain. I spent most of the morning shoveling, and then my good friend Edwin showed up with his truck and a couple of friends with shovels and a snow plough and we made short work of regaining access to the road. I wish I was skiing this weekend, but I have RC duty at the sailing club….and my guess is that there will be sailing on Sunday (unless Governor Deval passes an ordinance banning that as well)

30" +/- in Stratford CT....pretty sure the plows have passed by on the main road a dozen times since daylight alone and haven't bothered hitting any of the side roads (I can see a major road from my porch)...with that amount on all the roads I'll be logging in from home on Monday...

Just got home after being stuck in Cambridge for 30 hours...93 and the Pike are in good shape, most main roads are plowed out through Boston but side streets and other secondary roads are still pretty sloppy...What a shit show!

Everything was great until about 8 am when everyone woke up and started wandering in the middle of streets taking pictures of snow banks. No common sense left in this world. I think by Monday everything should be pretty well sorted transportation wise. Hopefully the higher temps will get rid of some of this shit...

Just got home after being stuck in Cambridge for 30 hours...93 and the Pike are in good shape, most main roads are plowed out through Boston but side streets and other secondary roads are still pretty sloppy...What a shit show!

Everything was great until about 8 am when everyone woke up and started wandering in the middle of streets taking pictures of snow banks. No common sense left in this world. I think by Monday everything should be pretty well sorted transportation wise. Hopefully the higher temps will get rid of some of this shit...

they're still walking down the middle of mem drive. idiots.

they're still walking down the middle of mem drive. idiots.

We got a reverse 911 call from the Constabulry requesting all citizens to refrain from WALKING in the roadways from 0500-1200 Sunday while the lads finish the cleanup. WTF? You idiots can't figure out there's not enough room for a ginormous plow and you and your golden retriever on a moderately improved cowpath?

We got lucky in the boatyard. Lost two covers but only minimal flooding as the breeze went North well ahead of high tide and pushed all that water down the coast to the poor bastards in Hull and Scituate.

bunch of GirleyBoys

if you can get outside you can Fly South

and if ya can't you can just punch Beer and Rum Bottles in the Bank (who needs Power 4 Cold Drinks)

16464_10151709888134746_290582484_n.jpg

Really tired and my back is killing me. Cleared 6 homes with my neighbors. Snowblowers aren't worth a damn when the show is taller than the mouth of the snowblower. Chilli, beers and the wood burning stove. Life is bliss....

Nantucket Island, 74 MPH measured wind gust at 656 PM.

yeah, the highest gust on my boat so far is 58.5 knots in Charlestown.

The Jamestown bridge saw a 90 mph gust last night during the storm! Lots of people still without power in the freezing cold? Highs for tonight are 9 degrees

Settling into our ski house, can only hope most of the other flat landers don't make it up to VT. Bring it on!

It doesn't look too bad up here yet, which is probably good for your drive to the ski mountain (which one?). I'm trying to decide whether to do a consult at the top of Elmore mountain today.

This should be a great weekend for skiing. Its ridiculous that I live here and barely ski. I grew up ski racing, but now I just think about sailing all year round, even when I can't sail.

Stratton, - got about a foot. Great early am but to many people and some lifts were closed due to wind. Kids are into the ski racing. Why don't you get out on the hill any more.

Archived