Mocking Ads on Craigslist

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm not sure I should admit this but that boat was built by my long time former neighbor, yep, B. Lewis.  As a fellow sometime mocker I am getting a kick out of all your comments but I will come

Ain't that the truth.  If he would have just humbly and simply said "i adopted and built on this method and built a few boats, lived simply and escaped the rat race all my life, it works for me"  he c

Ohey I send you picture...

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Foiling Optimist said:

What with takudave's teapot tempest due to poor comma usage, I had to post this typo from

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/surrey-psyche-is-for-sale/6838127113.html

"Psyche is a Canadian registered 1981 32ft C&C sailboat. Well built, cared for, and equipped ready for racing or cursing."

Somehow this particular misspelling never gets old for me. 

30K huh? Those 32's were a group purchase and if I remember correctly there were some or core issues and they were built for charter fleet and they were rejected at survey. Bunch of cheapo's bought them. It was a long time ago. But I'm sure they got better over the years. 

• Like 1

At least Zonker shows he is a humble and modest person along with a few other ones on here.  The rest if you'd need to take lessons from a 10-year-old child on throwing insults if this is the best you can do. 
Twat.
Fuck off clown
dig your own hole
your superiority to us mere mortals
I don't think you have much future here Fuckwit
you’re gob shut
Karma is a bitch

20 minutes ago, takudave said:

At least Zonker shows he is a humble and modest person along with a few other ones on here.  The rest if you'd need to take lessons from a 10-year-old child on throwing insults if this is the best you can do. 
Twat.
Fuck off clown
dig your own hole
you’re gob shut
Karma is a bitch

Karma is a bitch, but you should get one thing straight right now

I know your sawdust dribbled out yer ears long ago, but if you want an insult lesson you've come to the right place. But first, my liability coverage requires me to ask you three times if you really want it.

And when you answer, try typing with both hands.

FB- Doug

1 hour ago, takudave said:

Twat.
Fuck off clown
dig your own hole
you’re gob shut
Karma is a bitch

Not much of future here huh? That's pretty funny really. You have know idea who are talking to. Who's the 10 year old's tantrum now? But the like the old saw about wrestling with pig: you both get dirty and the pig likes it. 

Stocking up on popcorn. This is gonna be a great show.

The funniest thing about this is that Dave is pitching for people to go sailing with him! And to pay for it!

I've watched your videos Dave (or bits of them) and there's not a lot of smiling and laughing going on, or not from you at any rate. Lighten up! Get a therapist or something. 

[three exclamation marks in one post. Do I get a downvote for that?]

• Like 1

Thanks, ED I'm glad you have the courtesy to at least do research and follow up before you make any comments, appreciate that.  I don't seem to have a lack of references from people that have sailed with me are people willing to come on board and support the project so must be doing something right at least I hope.
I'm pretty proud I have a -2

• Like 2

Got to give Davey a couple upvotes I'm afraid. We can't have him running off too soon, he shapes up as being the best entertainment since the unlamented BS got the boot.....

FKT

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Got to give Davey a couple upvotes I'm afraid. We can't have him running off too soon, he shapes up as being the best entertainment since the unlamented BS got the boot.....

FKT

And our intrepid world adventurer is stil on the bench. Oh, and Jammer has left as well. Oh, the humanity.

That's pretty funny I was going to say the exact same thing, as far as no future here, I've been registered on this site since 2009 and I gave up racing many years ago so who cares 

I am a somewhat newbie. 3 years or so. But what does having given up racing have to do with being here?

1 minute ago, takudave said:

No no  upvote I'm an anarchist have to be contrary and go the other way

Switching teams, mate?

I'm with ya FKT - I mean where else can I go work and only have to pay $150 a week for the privilege?  And those jam sessions, I mean like wow.  it's like heavy.  It's worth the field trip to the website or FB or where ever they were.  It's all just almost too good to be true. 

If you were referring to me how the heck do you know what my hours are? 

3 minutes ago, takudave said:

I'm referring to most people on this post, just be a wild guess

Being a mite presumptions, eh? My only issue with you is that you think Zonker is an armchair sailor. That rubbed me the wrong way.

4 hours ago, Blitz said:

It's like a flashback of Dirty Dave and his Seawitch.

Only less entertaining.

He set the standard for newbie fuckwittery.

This clown is more like a junior VWAP

I'm referring to most people on this post, just be a wild guess

In my case you're off by what is likely your usual amount - I got out early more than 10 years ago and have been just playing with my boats since then.

The odds are quite high actually  most people work for somebody and keep traditional hours so it's a pretty safe bet, unlike myself I've been self-employed for the past 40 years and keep my own hours

And very successfully so it appears - 40 years of work and you still have to solicit funds on the Interweb to keep your old boat floating.

Most of us here manage to do it out of our own pockets.

Even BS didn't have to solicit contributions to keep floating.

The odds are quite high actually  most people work for somebody and keep traditional hours so it's a pretty safe bet, unlike myself I've been self-employed for the past 40 years and keep my own hours

"Self-employed" is not the same thing as begging for money on the internet.

Your own hours? Your mom says to get your lazy ass up and move your bicycle off the front porch

-DSK

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

You're right - now that  we've found a new village idiot we shouldn't drive him away.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, takudave said:

At least Zonker shows he is a humble and modest person

No, no, you've got it all wrong. My comment about only doing one circumnavigation was an example of what people call "false modesty".

Or "Irony". Look it up sometime. You're just another grifter who will leave a bunch of unhappy novices in his wake.

You're running a passenger vessel for hire and disguising it as a "Club"

We're starting a new program in addition to the seamanship training.

This program is aimed at future boat owners and people interested in maintenance and outfitting traditional sailing vessels.
This includes woodworking, electrical, plumbing, diesel engine maintenance, and rigging and bosun work. This program is intended for long term schooling.

To take part in this program, you must first be a member of the club, and contribute $150 per week for living expenses.

• Like 7

Let's see a bunch of pompous old fraters living on their past Glory, you should get off the short bus you have been riding,  climb on to a sailing ship and do something interesting, instead of sitting on your keyboard cackling like a bunch of old hens,

• Downvote 1

I knew an old guy Markham, he sailed around the world twice, each time he made his own 70 foot catamaran in the jungles of Guatemala where he salvaged equipment off the reefs between Honduras and Guatemala to outfit the boat, he didn't throw a bunch of money out and buy a production boat and sail around the world,  big deal

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, takudave said:

Beats the heck out of your 9 to 5 job, 

Ha ha wrong yet again.

I managed yo build my boat without having to grift the public for money, too.

FKT

• Like 1

Where are you getting this stupid idea of gifting, are you people not capable of reading and understanding simple English.  $150 will not buy groceries in the U.S. for a week.  To run and operate a vessel of this type takes hundreds of hours teaching people how to do the trade work rigging and sailing is worth something.  Otherwise, you're giving it away and people like you do not appreciate anything for free it would be a waste of time.  at a running cost over $300,000 at this point, you guys can be absurdly dense, again GOD disbursed the common sense very sparsely in this group. 
I'm sure the guy you are working and pays your wages  is doing the same thing for you as gifting you any wages, I'm sure you can't be putting out much

• Downvote 1
35 minutes ago, takudave said:

Where are you getting this stupid idea of gifting, are you people not capable of reading and understanding simple English.  $150 will not buy groceries in the U.S. for a week.  To run and operate a vessel of this type takes hundreds of hours teaching people how to do the trade work rigging and sailing is worth something.  Otherwise, you're giving it away and people like you do not appreciate anything for free it would be a waste of time.  at a running cost over $300,000 at this point, you guys can be absurdly dense, again GOD disbursed the common sense very sparsely in this group. 
I'm sure the guy you are working and pays your wages  is doing the same thing for you as gifting you any wages, I'm sure you can't be putting out much

You don't read very well.

I said GRIFTING not GIFTING.

FKT

• Like 1

Easy with the abuse little man, easy with the abuse. You’re not helping your case. 

I’m very proud of working for an organised corporation thank you very much. It’s one of the glues that holds the world together. 

2 hours ago, takudave said:

Let's see a bunch of pompous old fraters living on their past Glory, you should get off the short bus you have been riding,  climb on to a sailing ship and do something interesting, instead of sitting on your keyboard cackling like a bunch of old hens,

What’s a frater?

Point of fact, the man I work for is a total arsehole with zero SOH. OTOH I'm allowed to drink on the job and set my own hours of work, so things could be worse. I could be stuck on a small ship with you, for example.

FKT

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

Easy with the abuse little man, easy with the abuse. You’re not helping your case.

He's a lost cause.

Just another Dunning-Kruger specimen.

He sounds like BS and VWAP had a love child.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Only less entertaining.

He set the standard for newbie fuckwittery.

This clown is more like a junior VWAP

Just a reference to TD's avatar ...

Students of anthropology will recognize this controversial work of Napoleon Chagnon and the  ritualized violence endemic to the Yanomamo, for whom randomly spearing people is their way of saying 'hello.'

"The contest rapidly escalated into an ax fight." Long time Sailing Anarchy posters will also feel right at home. ;) 

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

fra·ter
/ˈfrādər/
noun
historical
noun: frater; plural noun: fraters
  1. the dining room or refectory of a monastery.

And here I thought Davey boy was referring to one of these:

download.jpeg

I must say Auf Wiedersehen the weather has cleared up in the north country I must go back to work, one more month we will be sailing.  Wishing you all the best perhaps one day you can find a project and leave sailing anarchy mocking Craigslist forum for something more interesting and a life.  

I must say Auf Wiedersehen the weather has cleared up in the north country I must go back to work, one more month we will be sailing.  Wishing you all the best perhaps one day you can find a project and leave sailing anarchy mocking Craigslist forum for something more interesting and a life.  

Oh noes!   Our chew toy is leaving....

Damn, and he didn't leave us with anything memorable. Not nearly up to the expectations here in the shit stained monkey masturbation pit, as Lord Dubin would call it. No moonlight strolls, no broken arms, what a disappointment.

26 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Damn, and he didn't leave us with anything memorable. Not nearly up to the expectations here in the shit stained monkey masturbation pit, as Lord Dubin would call it. No moonlight strolls, no broken arms, what a disappointment.

I know. Panty waister. Don't try this at home kids - we are professionals! 

Has ADHD I guess.

Wow guys!!! I got some time away from my 9 - 5 job of imitating a retired Frater, and went to visit grandchildren for few days. Now I am back in my armchair (actually an easy chair) sailing vessel, and just finished reading through Dave's eye-opening visit with us. I was afraid to watch the ax fight video.

Mrs. Bull sold my boat and bought me a one-way ticket on Dave's Magical Mystery 4 knot SB. So long suckers!

• Like 5
5 hours ago, takudave said:

Well crap, I wasted all my time going sailing this afternoon. What a fool I am, living in a place with good weather, being retired and going sailing, when I could have a project boat that I can't sail and need other people to help me pay for.

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Yeah, the Dubinator was way more fun that this dumbunny. We didn't even get an axe fight video, all I saw was sticks and one guy brandishing a machete. I admit I kinda fast-forwarded thru a lot of it.

FB- Doug

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

We didn't even get an axe fight video, all I saw was sticks and one guy brandishing a machete. I admit I kinda fast-forwarded thru a lot of it.

FB- Doug

Ax appears at 5:00. Basically the guy who lost the ritualized staredown contest went home and got an ax and returned to whack the winner. The ethnographers ran out of film just as the real mayhem kicked off. But preening, waving pointed sticks, and people screaming at each other is most of what goes on around here anyhow. ;) Steel axes are for special occasions. And you hafta admit -- there are tits!

6 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

aren't we supposed to be mocking boats here? Mocking other Anarchists is not nearly as much fun.

How about the rapid decline in this shark 24's condition? It's rather sad :(

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/vancouver-shark-24/6843059008.html

V., you are absolutely right.

Among your interests I see, "Finally finding a cheap small boat that holds my camping gear and goes faster than the keelboats owned by the smug bastards at the yacht club." This looks like the perfect opportunity. Seriously.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

aren't we supposed to be mocking boats here? Mocking other Anarchists is not nearly as much fun.

00L0L_i3qL270FxTm_600x450.jpg

00c0c_i5Cjr34zRn3_600x450.jpg

Going through the images is like watching a modern photographic interpretation of William Hogarth's "A Harlot's Progress".

(for the uninitiated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Harlot's_Progress)

- Stumbling

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Diarmuid said:
14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

We didn't even get an axe fight video, all I saw was sticks and one guy brandishing a machete. I admit I kinda fast-forwarded thru a lot of it.

Ax appears at 5:00. Basically the guy who lost the ritualized staredown contest went home and got an ax and returned to whack the winner. The ethnographers ran out of film just as the real mayhem kicked off. But preening, waving pointed sticks, and people screaming at each other is most of what goes on around here anyhow. ;) Steel axes are for special occasions. And you hafta admit -- there are tits!

I sure would not want to get wacked with an axe..... OTOH I'd have a fish billy or winch handle or something, and start smacking people much sooner. I just don't have the patience for staring contests. Kinda sums up world history in a nutshell.

OTOH the whole "You threaten me with stick, I get bigger stick" reminds me of this (go to 0:24)

No tits though, sorry

FB- Doug

9 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

00L0L_i3qL270FxTm_600x450.jpg

That looks like a single winter's neglect around here.

It'll scrub up.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:
9 hours ago, Vaeredil said:

It'll scrub up.

It sure as hell didn't look like that when I sold it. Those sails were a year old at that point.

That's really depressing.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

It'll scrub up.

Perhaps the water was off on the docks at Granville Is. Our club just turned it on this weekend. But it seems to be a recent shot. You'd think they would've gotten the grime off it before advertising it. It's not easy to be green! 

• Like 1

Our water is off until Memorial Day.  I think I was the first person on my dock to try to use it last year.  It took about two days for all the black algae to flush out of the PVC pipes.  Trying to wash the boat with it actually made it worse.  Oh, and I see that I'm paying a special $120 a year fee for dock water.  I'll have to figure out some way to use more of it this year.  (I'm pretty sure I could buy enough schedule 80 pipe to replumb the dock for $120, which would mostly get rid of the algae.)   

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Bull City said:

V., you are absolutely right.

Among your interests I see, "Finally finding a cheap small boat that holds my camping gear and goes faster than the keelboats owned by the smug bastards at the yacht club." This looks like the perfect opportunity. Seriously.

You're not wrong, but you might have missed the other part that says "currently stuck in the swamp of a well paying job I can't afford to leave". The boat being about 3000 km away isn't helping matters either. 

It's okay though, having a well paying job and a little apartment will totally make me happier in the long run, even if it means I miss out on all my dreams.... right?

right?!??

31 minutes ago, Vaeredil said:

Oops, too much self-loathing. Here's a $2000 project rowboat:

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/d/surrey-13ft-antique-wood-2-man-fishing/6845495834.html

00e0e_9Q1KGIN7IxW_600x450.jpg

Serious offers only guys

The inside of it looks like it's already been used as a planter

00g0g_1iuTaRHuQOX_600x450.jpg

The oars don't look too bad though.

FB- Doug

• Like 1

If he’s so attached to it why can’t he get it sorted?

• Like 1
On 3/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, takudave said:

For someone who has "gone back to work", you seem to be coming back to check several times per day.  

On 3/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ishmael said:

It sure as hell didn't look like that when I sold it. Those sails were a year old at that point.

That's really depressing.

Like when you sell your home and the new owner lets it go...:(

• Like 1

Hmmm...a few unflattering pics of a Spruce Goose-looking unfinished boat hull .  Serious inquiries only, please.

That phrase, which serves almost no good purpose in the world of sales, is particularly stupid here.   He'll need every prospect and suspect he can muster!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Norse Horse said:

This Sail Boat Hall is almost done. Say 85 percent. The good news is....https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/agassiz-40-ft-aluminum-sail-boat-hall/6846394022.html

Should the seams look like that?:wacko:

With the exception of the unfinished seams, the metal work on this boat is a couple of steps above the average multichine build usually featured on this thread.   Some serious three-dimensional metal working was displayed in the photos in the ad.   Unfortunately, the average metalworking populace does not have the skill to finish this boat, even if it is "85%" complete.   

This will most likely be going to the recycler instead of splashed as a finished yacht.

- Stumbling

I would want to know who welded that aluminum. Even the welding is ok, is not a bad deal, at all. Yes, there is a ton of work left, but an aluminum hull of that size  is probably worth 90k as opposed to 9k. Hire a professional to inspect it and finish it, and you could have a serious cruiser.

6 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

This Sail Boat Hall is almost done. Say 85 percent. The good news is....https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/boa/d/agassiz-40-ft-aluminum-sail-boat-hall/6846394022.html

Should the seams look like that?:wacko:

It's a shame because that is a pretty good-looking Hall.

As a Hall it might be 85% complete, but as an actual boat it ain't even 20% complete..... probably not even 15%.

FB- Doug

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's a shame because that is a pretty good-looking Hall.

As a Hall it might be 85% complete, but as an actual boat it ain't even 20% complete..... probably not even 15%.

FB- Doug

Agree. 15% at best. No deck, no keel, no ballast, it can't even keep the rain out yet. Fitout is going to be time consuming and expensive even if you can do it yourself, which 95% of people can't.

I probably wouldn't take it for free (unless I planned on selling it for scrap).

Whatever, I'm off sailing in my 95% complete boat in an hour.....

FKT

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Hmmm...a few unflattering pics of a Spruce Goose-looking unfinished boat hull .  Serious inquiries only, please.

That phrase, which serves almost no good purpose in the world of sales, is particularly stupid here.   He'll need every prospect and suspect he can muster!

It is a “hall” not a hull.