Mocking Ads on Craigslist

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I'm not sure I should admit this but that boat was built by my long time former neighbor, yep, B. Lewis.  As a fellow sometime mocker I am getting a kick out of all your comments but I will come

Ain't that the truth.  If he would have just humbly and simply said "i adopted and built on this method and built a few boats, lived simply and escaped the rat race all my life, it works for me"  he c

Ohey I send you picture...

Posted Images

On 9/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, SloopJonB said:

Nobody does style like Italians.

Nobody.

By the way, that little X1/9 was styled by Bertone, the "house" designer for Lambo.

In those days if you wanted round & smooth you went to Pininfarina and if you wanted angles & edgy you went to Bertone.

Yeah, they did have some misses.

manengfrnt1979.jpg

On 9/13/2021 at 12:45 PM, Zonker said:

I want one of these (the one in the middle)

image.png.e9f580dbe884000f8932ed66999630c5.png

Bonus points if you know what it is.

Meh.  Known a few people that bought some 15yr JDM cars & bikes, all had been sitting on a dock for years and full of problems, along with saltwater corrosion.

13 minutes ago, Fleetwood said:

Difficult to style the Volvo 2nn series!

Bertone didn't just style those, they actually hand built them in Italy.  Old school Italy.  They actually are really nicely done.

8218774446_6df82c2aaf_b.jpg

978520355.jpg

Turns out, getting somebody to shell out boutique prices on a Volvo was a tough sell.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, 167149 said:

quick and pretty painless to change though, from memory it was swap the battery round and the coil leads then a flick of 12v to the (been a while so dont remember if it was field or dynamo)and you're away, Had a bristol PD48 as an onsite machine and ran a car radio to have sound onsite (pre boom box days)asl did the same with a coupla bedfords we had as well

Diesel so no coil. Basically I think you're right, need to reverse the starter motor connections as well I think.

Too lazy and it works...

FKT

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Diesel so no coil. Basically I think you're right, need to reverse the starter motor connections as well I think.

Too lazy and it works...

FKT

I remember one technique for converting a 6 volt system to 12V was to simply change the battery and generator and start the engine.

The you replaced everything that blew. :D

On 9/14/2021 at 2:19 AM, SloopJonB said:

Those old pony cars and muscle cars were rude & crude compared to what we have now but they had style & soul & personality the new cars just don't have.

The current Mustang captures some of it but that's about it.

Name a contemporary car that has the magic the original GTO or SS 396 had.

Do small boys even dream about cars anymore?

Damn I miss "The Annual Model Change". :D

So every month or two so my 16 y.o. son and a couple of his mates come with me to check out modded JDMs at the track -  S15 / Skyline / Supra.  We go in my modded 08 WRX, he and I are about to undertake rebuilding my broken Peugeot 205 with a period Peugeot 2l turbo (wish us luck !)

The WRX is modern, super reliable, gets 10+Km / litre, traction control is mind blowing in the bucketing rain, it is a technical/engineering tour de force.  With 3" exhaust, BOV, Pod intake it sounds absolutely beast and goes to match.

The 205 (1991) is a big go cart, slammed with near to no suspension, 850kg and no power steering, you feel every pebble though the wheel.  I can't wait to get the little bastard back on the road.

Each to their own but I wouldn't swap either for a GTO (except to sell it !!)

13 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Yeah, they did have some misses.

manengfrnt1979.jpg

Meh.  Known a few people that bought some 15yr JDM cars & bikes, all had been sitting on a dock for years and full of problems, along with saltwater corrosion.

I tried to watch that video last week, but that kook is so annoying that I had to boot it.

And then I watched some Scotty Kilmer videos. That’s the other annoying guy who talks with his hands.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I remember one technique for converting a 6 volt system to 12V was to simply change the battery and generator and start the engine.

The you replaced everything that blew. :D

I had a ‘62 Toyota FJ-25 and that was how it was converted!

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

I tried to watch that video last week, but that kook is so annoying that I had to boot it.

And then I watched some Scotty Kilmer videos. That’s the other annoying guy who talks with his hands.

Yeah if you think sailing Youtubers to tough to stomach, the auto side of Youtube I'd say is even worse.

Not sure what's worse, "We're fixing a cheap boat!" or "Fixing the cheapest Lamborghini in the US".

Equal amounts of hamfisted fuckery.

On 4/25/2013 at 3:18 PM, Jackdaw said:

I'm in..

A live-aboard 24 foot Jenneau Tonic, one of the most awkward small boats of the 80-90.

http://images.craigslist.org/3Ef3K83M95I15G65M4d4j972a6af41e4e16a6.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/3754431060.html

Huh...back in the early 90's i lusted after the Tonic.  In Canada they were almost exclusively located in Quebec though.