• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

If Reamus has any sense of humor he will sign up and get positioned for that coveted 10,000th post.

I doubt he has any sense of humor, as he takes his record setting sailing stuff very seriously. OTOH, the wry smile when someone gives him a shiny new bauble may belie that....

If Reamus has any sense of humor he will sign up and get positioned for that coveted 10,000th post.

I doubt he has any sense of humor, as he takes his record setting sailing stuff very seriously. OTOH, the wry smile when someone gives him a shiny new bauble may belie that....

...that's not humour,, that's Rimas look of grand satisfaction :mellow:

...that's not humour,, that's Rimas look of grand satisfaction :mellow:

One could polish a turd, put a West Marine tag on it, present it to Rimas and you would still be rewarded with that vacant smile.

No mast and triangular white things to confuse him...he can drift Kon-tiki style to his hearts content.

Don't insult Heyerdahl! "The main sail was 15 by 18 ft on a yard of bamboo stems lashed together. Photographs also show a top-sail above the main sail, and also a mizzen-sail, mounted at the stern."

No mast and triangular white things to confuse him...he can drift Kon-tiki style to his hearts content.

Don't insult Heyerdahl! "The main sail was 15 by 18 ft on a yard of bamboo stems lashed together. Photographs also show a top-sail above the main sail, and also a mizzen-sail, mounted at the stern."
A pretty amazing trip. However, modern DNA analysis indicates the Pacific Islanders primarily came from the west, not South America. So, while he proved his theory 'could' have happened, it didn't.

Also, they had little directional control of Kon-Tiki (just like Rimas). His sons trip, using multiple adjustable daggerboards, they had better control over direction and made better speed.

IMO, Heyerdahls expeditions were useful in opening the door to migration theories not considered possible at the time. However, in the ultimate scheme of things his WW2 exploits were probably a greater personal accomplishment.

If he has any sense he will avoid this mock fest.

If he had any sense, he'd take care of his boats and equipment b/c budget is tight for replacement. Instead, he just lets things go to shit, and expects others to provide the $ and labor to replace.

Ohey, Rimas here is Pier Pressure 2

00404_6yMhMhszar4_600x450.jpg

This is a baby SJ 24 before it has reached puberty... it would likely drift at 4 knots instead of 1.7 and same colour as PP, your price point, no stanchions to break, an outboard....let the great expedition continue.

http://reno.craigslist.org/boa/5152098509.html

But there is no place to hang the Mahi? And nothing to caulk.......

It is kind of cool little boat. Too nice for Rimas to ruin.

Yeah where is that thing located. I feel the ocean calling............

Hey! This boat is in Nevada just north of Lake Tahoe. It's just a few hours from the Bay Area and the Salt!

But they seem pretty firm about the $1100, so it might be a budget buster.

The trolling motor makes the boat for me. Slap on a few solar panels and it wouldn't matter if the stick fell overboard. You could still make 2 knots under power.

Now it is official. We don't even need to change the name of this thread:

Rimas Meleshyus

1 hr ·

Sailing around the world alone. I will be continue sailing again in a San Juan 24 foot it takes time to find. San Juan 24 is the best boat for me and I never give up. I will be challenge Cape Horn I know I can do in this boat and I am trusting that's for sure. I know this boat very well already on the open seas and how to handle in the storms. Experience is huge and I am very strong mentally. PLEASE,NEED YOUR SUPPORT ! Thank you.

Click here to support Rimas Around The World by Shannon Buys

Helping Rimas repair his boat and buy the gear that will increase his odds of successfully circumnavigating the globe in his 24 foot San Juan sailboat.

fundly.com

Like Comment

•  

6 people like this.

•  

10354686_10150004552801856_2203675011061

Remove

Erin Simonson So ditching the boat in Somoa and wants money for another one...

Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

• 1146515_10202364442056360_590933860_n.jp

Remove

Scott Duncan Rimas, if the SJ24 was so great, why did you ditch yours in American Samoa?

Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

•  

1509235_10152124370829521_1868860715_n.j

Remove

John Hopper Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Like · Reply ·

Now it is official. We don't even need to change the name of this thread:

Rimas Meleshyus

1 hr ·

Sailing around the world alone. I will be continue sailing again in a San Juan 24 foot it takes time to find. San Juan 24 is the best boat for me and I never give up. I will be challenge Cape Horn I know I can do in this boat and I am trusting that's for sure. I know this boat very well already on the open seas and how to handle in the storms. Experience is huge and I am very strong mentally. PLEASE,NEED YOUR SUPPORT ! Thank you.

Click here to support Rimas Around The World by Shannon Buys

Helping Rimas repair his boat and buy the gear that will increase his odds of successfully circumnavigating the globe in his 24 foot San Juan sailboat.

fundly.com

Like Comment

•  

6 people like this.

•  

10354686_10150004552801856_2203675011061

Remove

Erin Simonson So ditching the boat in Somoa and wants money for another one...

Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

• 1146515_10202364442056360_590933860_n.jp

Remove

Scott Duncan Rimas, if the SJ24 was so great, why did you ditch yours in American Samoa?

Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

•  

1509235_10152124370829521_1868860715_n.j

Remove

John Hopper Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Like · Reply ·

do those posts get removed on fb ?

Mine did. Thanks for documenting it here.

Mine have been removed pretty quickly in the past as well.

yeah i figured, maybe we should get a list of removed posts, probably a good paraphrase of this thread.

yeah i figured, maybe we should get a list of removed posts, probably a good paraphrase of this thread.

What I posted was just one screen shot. Since then, one comment was removed (I assume not by the person who wrote it) and many more added.

What I posted was just one screen shot. Since then, one comment was removed (I assume not by the person who wrote it) and many more added.

sounds like communism .

So he has already abandoned 2 SJ24's and he thinks he will succeed with the third? HA! What a joke....

His bad luck. I mean, who knew he'd get 2 bad ones in a row? Surely the next one will be good and not leave him stranded like the last 2 lemons.

So he has already abandoned 2 SJ24's and he thinks he will succeed with the third? HA! What a joke....

His bad luck. I mean, who knew he'd get 2 bad ones in a row? Surely the next one will be good and not leave him stranded like the last 2 lemons.
To be honest, lack of sailing/navigation skill killed the first, and lack of maintenance skill and laziness killed the second.

To be honest, lack of sailing/navigation skill killed the first, and lack of maintenance skill and laziness killed the second.

Say it isn't so!

yippee!! We have passed 10,000 only 2,000 more to go to pass rimas's 12,000 claim...............hummmm...has anyone drifted more than 12,000 miles? If not he has set a record...Naw, cause he hasn't done it in one shot but a bunch of short drifts ending in tows or rescues

you could provide that guy with the latest and greatest fully equipped and rigged vessel but he would trash it within a month at sea or less. He would then begin begging for another better boat

Edited by bfloyd4445

sounds like communism .

Post # 10,000!

thats weird.

True, communists aren't data miners like f@ and others. Remember when people came down on the tobacco industry because they would tailor adds by doing things like standing in front of a smoke shop asking people they saw smoking what they thought about smoking? Well f@ and many web sites that claim no censorship do censer by deleting posts that speak against the idea they are trying to promote. I was banned from posting on daily k because i spoke up regarding a topic they were promoting because i had documentation from my personal experiance that the topic was in error.

Sailing Anarchy to my knowledge has never done this kind of thing and has become one of my favorites for that reason.

you could provide that guy with the latest and greatest fully equipped and rigged vessel but he would trash it within a month at sea or less. He would then begin begging for another better boat
That is true. Rimas would trash a brand new boat in a year.

Your generous to think he would stay off of all reefs, rocks, etc. for a whole year of drifting. I give him two months max

Your generous to think he would stay off of all reefs, rocks, etc. for a whole year of drifting. I give him two months max

the problem is , it takes him at least 2 months to get to ANY reefs .

the problem is , it takes him at least 2 months to get to ANY reefs .

Remember Alaska?

I took this pic this morning when I went down to do a little fishing at dawn.

Just checked in on FB and guess who liked it? Rimas!

It's a little weird.

11951777_10206277972742250_9381030126594

yep,

Red sky in the morning sailors take warning

Red sky at night sailors delight

It's a little weird.

Yes, sometimes he comments on my cat pictures on FB. He never comments on my sailing posts.

It's a little weird.

Yes, sometimes he comments on my cat pictures on FB. He never comments on my sailing posts.

Does that mean he is more interested in felines than sailing?

It's a little weird.

Does that mean he is more interested in felines than sailing?

Most guys are more interested in pussy than almost anything else. Sailing can take priority, however.

I took this pic this morning when I went down to do a little fishing at dawn. Just checked in on FB and guess who liked it? Rimas! It's a little weird. 11951777_10206277972742250_9381030126594

Post something about chickens and see what happens.

If he had any sense he would learn how to sail...

That might be true, but thanks for supporting my point.

I was in Rimas Country earlier this week but I was with others and Rimas was NOT on their agenda! :(

Specifically, I was in Coupeville at the same time as Ream-Ass.

Also in Roche Harbor there appeared to be a well-found sanjuan24foot on the hard. But again, couldn't stop or get a pic. :angry:

roche_harbor_san_juan_24foot.jpg

I was in Rimas Country earlier this week but I was with others and Rimas was NOT on their agenda! :(

Specifically, I was in Coupeville at the same time as Ream-Ass.

Also in Roche Harbor there appeared to be a well-found sanjuan24foot on the hard. But again, couldn't stop or get a pic. :angry:

roche_harbor_san_juan_24foot.jpg

There are several nice SJ24's for sale in the PNW now. But they want much more than $500 for most of them.

If he had any sense he would learn how to sail...

That might be true, but thanks for supporting my point.

I can't remain neutral about a grifter like Rimas. He has and, WILL again, cost a lot of money to rescue.

The lack of critical thinking in society has lead to all sorts of political and social ills. Rimas and his enablers is a very good example of this trend.

Looks like his chicken hand is ready. I'm in Astoria right now, lots of derilect sailboats in west mooring basin. Where's his new boat?

The above could be taken out of context very quickly.

So I've quoted it.

Meanwhile, over on FB, "Our Hero" posts about a new donation that will enable his historic journey:

Rimas Meleshyus added 4 new photos.

August. 27, 2015. Today I was very lucky to get a huge donation $270 dollars tag price for the future my sailboat. I will be able to continue sailing around the world

11951117_492266584265579_678365302002098

Do you think he has any idea of how to use those instruments?
In that set there is probably a thermometer, a hygrometer and a barometer. Thermometer and hygrometer pretty easy to use, just read them. Barometer has a reference needle to set, that might be a lot to figure out. The hardest part is knowing what the trends with the barometer mean.

Don't worry, it'll never get that complicated.

He'll need to get a chart out to plot all the information down and that will never happen.

Ohey, Rimas here is Pier Pressure 2

00404_6yMhMhszar4_600x450.jpg

This is a baby SJ 24 before it has reached puberty... it would likely drift at 4 knots instead of 1.7 and same colour as PP, your price point, no stanchions to break, an outboard....let the great expedition continue.

http://reno.craigslist.org/boa/5152098509.html

But there is no place to hang the Mahi? And nothing to caulk.......
It is kind of cool little boat. Too nice for Rimas to ruin.
It's cute in a cartoonish kind of way. But if it were say 4 feet longer, 16 foot... it would cost very little more, be no more difficult to build, have a more usable interior, carry a load better, and perform a whole lot better. IMO 12' is just too small to do what that boat is being asked to do in a functional sense.

TDK__Why_So_Serious__by_Sanctioned.jpg

Well played.

There are several nice SJ24's for sale in the PNW now. But they want much more than $500 for most of them.

...could it be the recent 'rush' on blue water SJ24's has driven the market!?

I have no doubt the asking prices are on the upswing

Of course they are on the upswing. An ocean crossing drifting, record setting wanting sailor has proclaimed them the best...

Of course they are on the upswing. An ocean crossing drifting, record setting wanting sailor has proclaimed them the best...

chuckle........well said casc7

....it's quite an endorsement indeed that a complete numbscull can survive as long as he has in spite of his every effort!

Heading for the middle of September and Rimas is just hanging out/hanging on to friends in Coupeville? No boat yet. Who's gonna put him up for the winter? I wonder if he'll get a job to earn some money while waiting for a boat and a sailing window. Oh, sorry, that's how the rest of us have to do it.

Heading for the middle of September and Rimas is just hanging out/hanging on to friends in Coupeville? No boat yet. Who's gonna put him up for the winter? I wonder if he'll get a job to earn some money while waiting for a boat and a sailing window. Oh, sorry, that's how the rest of us have to do it.

Get a job? You guys so funny.

A guy that can walk across Canada isn't afraid of a PNW winter.

YGTBFKM!?!?!?

Rimas walked across Canada??

He claims to have walked across Canada. It's likely he had to get a cab ride in and out of every town.

A guy that can walk across Canada isn't afraid of a PNW winter.

YGTBFKM!?!?!?

Rimas walked across Canada??

He claims to have walked across Canada. It's likely he had to get a cab ride in and out of every town.

Good point though you have to pay for a cab.

Perhaps he enlisted some sort of emergency services?

Considering that he likely has not spent a dime since he got off the airplane and yet he has slept every night in a warm bed, I would say he probably hitchhiked across some or all of Canada. Maybe more hitching than hiking.

So a land based tow in and out of towns, I think you have got it.

Considering that he likely has not spent a dime since he got off the airplane and yet he has slept every night in a warm bed, I would say he probably hitchhiked across some or all of Canada. Maybe more hitching than hiking.

So a land based tow in and out of towns, I think you have got it.

That. ...And he can only walk downhill.

Get a job? You guys so funny.

No time for a job we have all been taking notes from rimas and trying to learn the proper way to choke a chicken. Not as easy as it sounds, better with two people.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by bfloyd4445. View it anyway?

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by bfloyd4445. View it anyway?

3 in a row? Am I missing anything critical?

3 in a row? Am I missing anything critical?

Is anything on this thread critical?......doesn't that make your hemolymph boil?..... :) .......Reminds me its crab season, served with drawn butter and grog.....yumm.....even 180pound blue ones........cept that size aint legal.... :angry: