• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Lochnerian Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

Freeloaded off the locals (especially the generous church people) until he pretty much got kicked out. Someone paid him (What? $700?) for his crapped-out boat and he took more selfies flashing his swag like a gangsta rapper.

No body paid him anything for Pier Pressure. I was just in Pogo and asked at the harbor master's office. They reported he left owing a big bill and are getting ready to auction the boat off to the highest bidder.

thanks for the update now we know the truth which is far diferent than what rimas said on facebook

Maybe he did sell it to some unsuspecting local, but it had a Lien on it. Rimas took the cash but had no right to sell it.

Aheeee....I'll bet your right!

Count_von_Count_kneeling.pngCount_von_Count_kneeling.png

hummm.....so you also have been having these dreams?....IRS issues huh? Me, its more a mermaid fantasie especially when i've been in remote places for a few days. 07-08-15.jpg
All of a sudden I have a craving for french toast...

Wonder what altitude that map is of?

Even if the the map is surface air he would still have the current to deal with at the gate. chuckle, he would be breaking tradition if he did in fact make SF and then enter Richardson bay on his own without help. Geez, that would ruin his allure

Even if the the map is surface air he would still have the current to deal with at the gate. chuckle, he would be breaking tradition if he did in fact make SF and then enter Richardson bay on his own without help. Geez, that would ruin his allure

He doesn't have an anchor anyways, so he would have to tie off to someone or have his minions bring him an anchor. I suggest a chevy 350 filled with concrete. They have excellent holding power.

It is surface height but if you click on the word "Earth" in the bottom left corner you'll see an extensive menu of options including wind heights and current ('Mode | Ocean', 'Overlay/Animate | Currents'). Great resource.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/ocean/surface/currents/orthographic=-129.97,38.11,2612

As the former racing buoy manager for the SF Bay YRA, I spent 7 years chasing wayward buoys. I've had them turn up on Stinson beach 50 miles north, and Pacifica, 15 miles south. ALL of these buoys demonstrated better sailing abilities than Rimas. 28 days and he's under 300 miles away...f me blind.

As the former racing buoy manager for the SF Bay YRA, I spent 7 years chasing wayward buoys. I've had them turn up on Stinson beach 50 miles north, and Pacifica, 15 miles south. ALL of these buoys demonstrated better sailing abilities than Rimas. 28 days and he's under 300 miles away...f me blind.

I think it's safe to say that any random object thrown in any body of water anywhere will demonstrate better sailing ability than Rimas.

Given Rimas's position as reported by Jean a week ago (how did Jean get that info? !!) I am sticking with my theory that Rimas is still trying to get to San Francisco. We've seen him try to sail to windward once before (off Samoa) and we all saw how well that went! Add to that a contrary current and tucking himself into bed each night, I think our little cucaracha has left a veritable galaxy of star patterns in his wake.

I think he is taking you all for a ride and just simply building the suspense for his magically heroic return.

He is probably holed up in an estuary somewhere waiting for the right moment to sneak out and reappear.

What tales will he tell then?

chances are he will call the TV stations before he makes his move. If his reappearance is somehow caught on tape you'll know.

I think he is taking you all for a ride and just simply building the suspense for his magically heroic return.

He is probably holed up in an estuary somewhere waiting for the right moment to sneak out and reappear.

No way. He absolutely lacks the knowledge, skill, experience and hardware to pull that off.

This jackhole can't even keep a davit from falling off. I mean, you look out your companionway and see the davit getting looser -- starting to wobble a bit -- and decide to do nothing. After all, it's just bad luck, right? 12 hours later you pop your head out again and see it swinging freely, looser and looser. Again, how can you be expected to counter what fate as seen fit to deal you?

Deploy an anchor? lol.gif

Tie a knot? lol.gif

Find an estuary and navigate it? lol.gif

Parma, would you care to share with us where this estuary might be? You do recall how Rimas has never -- not even once -- ended up where he set off to.

What tales will he tell then?

chances are he will call the TV stations before he makes his move. If his reappearance is somehow caught on tape you'll know.

More of his BS? Sure. I'll read or watch it. His writing is seriously entertaining! lol.gif

you're just afraid i'm right

because it would be awfully embarrassing to find out the whole thing has been just a come on that roped in gullible fellows like yourself.

ohey! cameras helicopters heroes return

IF he is still surviving out there, and IF he's trying to make his way back to SF, how would he know where SF is? No compass, no charts, no battery power, no sense.......

IF he is still surviving out there, and IF he's trying to make his way back to SF, how would he know where SF is? No compass, no charts, no battery power, no sense.......

I doubt he even has sails at this point. We saw the ridiculous scrap of 'jib' in the harbormasters photo, and that main looked pretty aged. I think he's just drifting in circles wondering why no one shows up to tow him to free dockage, probably out of propane, too...eating raw moldy oats out of the paper bag.

.....^^...dunno 'bout that,, but it seems I know more than I thunk! :wacko::rolleyes: .........

hallucinogens from moldy oats........

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/lsd/lsd.htm

LSD is one of the most powerful hallucinogenic drugs known. It was invented in 1938 by the Swiss chemist, Albert Hoffman, who was interested in developing medicines from compounds in ergot, a fungus that attacks rye. Although LSD is purely synthetic, clues to its biological activity can be found by tracing the history of the fungus from which it is derived.

Ergot

Ergot of rye is produced by a lower fungus (Claviceps purpurea) that grows parasitically on rye and, to a lesser extent, on other species of grain and on wild grasses. Kernels infested with this fungus develop into light-brown to violet-brown curved pegs (sclerotia) that push forth from the husk in place of normal grains. Ergot of rye (Secale cornutum) is the variety used medicinally.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergot

Ergot (pron. /ˈɜːrɡət/ ur-gət) or ergot fungi refers to a group of fungi of the genus Claviceps.[1]

The most prominent member of this group is Claviceps purpurea ("rye ergot fungus"). This fungus grows on rye and related plants, and produces alkaloids

I doubt he even has sails at this point. We saw the ridiculous scrap of 'jib' in the harbormasters photo, and that main looked pretty aged. I think he's just drifting in circles wondering why no one shows up to tow him to free dockage, probably out of propane, too...eating raw moldy oats out of the paper bag.

I bet the caulk is still holding the jib together.

Is he still alive??

Not sure but there's news from his racing class on his FB page.

My money is solidly on this leg of Rimas' Around The World Record for America being completed just like these ^^^^ fellows journey did. He will find grifting around South of the Border a bit harder though. Good thing he is multi-lingual.

His Espanol might not be any better than his English.

And I agree...his grifting success in Mexico ( if he manages to drift there) may be limited. I think they're quite accustomed to dealing with deadbeats from the U.S. showing up, and probably have a low tolerance.

Is he still alive??

My money is solidly on this leg of Rimas' Around The World Record for America being completed just like these ^^^^ fellows journey did. He will find grifting around South of the Border a bit harder though. Good thing he is multi-lingual.

And I agree...his grifting success in Mexico ( if he manages to drift there) may be limited. I think they're quite accustomed to dealing with deadbeats from the U.S. showing up, and probably have a low tolerance.

On the flip side, he could probably live off of his social security down there.

Is he still alive??

On the flip side, he could probably live off of his social security down there.
As far as food, yes. Doubtful he can also pay for a slip, and he no longer has a useable anchor and dinghy to live on the hook.

His boat needs a lot of repairs and equipment now. He has no money to pay, and no skills to DIY. I'm not sure how it can be accomplished.

Another item is documentation. Although Rimas has a title to the boat, there is no HIN on transom since the boat was built in 1966 before that was required. I have heard of difficulties with Mexican authorities regarding lack of HIN.

IF he washes up on Mexican shores, I suspect hell do the same as he did in Samoa. Do no work on boat, while complaining it needs work. Sponge off locals until kicked out. Abandon boat for local authorities to deal with. Jean will give him another boat to live on in Richardson Bay.

IF he washes up on Mexican shores, I suspect hell do the same as he did in Samoa. Do no work on boat, while complaining it needs work. Sponge off locals until kicked out. Abandon boat for local authorities to deal with. Jean will send him money for a ticket home and give him another boat to live on in Richardson Bay.

And the cycle continues...

I finally figured it out.

Rimas is the guy who made the offer to buy Comanche and started that whole rumor mill going.

Funny how those things work, isn't it?

seriously though I think he is still hiding out somewhere and pretty near due to magically reappear somewhere making a heroically dramatic entrance.

this is what Varan and is counting down to

What will happen? Guy can't stand the suspense!

looks like a countdown to saturday

Merci Capitaine Évident.

vous êtes les bienvenus. peut-être qu'il est un compte à rebours pour le jour de liqueur

PHO-09Sep22-178897.jpg

.....^^...dunno 'bout that,, but it seems I know more than I thunk! :wacko::rolleyes: .........

hallucinogens from moldy oats........

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/lsd/lsd.htm

LSD is one of the most powerful hallucinogenic drugs known. It was invented in 1938 by the Swiss chemist, Albert Hoffman, who was interested in developing medicines from compounds in ergot, a fungus that attacks rye. Although LSD is purely synthetic, clues to its biological activity can be found by tracing the history of the fungus from which it is derived.

Ergot

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/17/474569125/your-brain-on-lsd-looks-a-lot-like-a-babys

"For the first time, scientists have scanned the brains of subjects taking LSD, and found that the LSD state mimics that of infants. "

You may have explained a great deal. And found a solution. 104f8e85f04d7694f4b2443b7fae99b3.jpg

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/17/474569125/your-brain-on-lsd-looks-a-lot-like-a-babys

"For the first time, scientists have scanned the brains of subjects taking LSD, and found that the LSD state mimics that of infants. "

You may have explained a great deal. And found a solution. 104f8e85f04d7694f4b2443b7fae99b3.jpg

....I'm sure Rimas would be happy as a clam if one of these were hung above his bed in the sanatorium :mellow:

It is surface height but if you click on the word "Earth" in the bottom left corner you'll see an extensive menu of options including wind heights and current ('Mode | Ocean', 'Overlay/Animate | Currents'). Great resource.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/ocean/surface/currents/orthographic=-129.97,38.11,2612

Thanks, I'll have to remember that. I went to another website to check the currents and winds

There was an old song, goes something like this; Will he ever return, no he'll never return, and his fate is still unknown. May he ride forever over the bounding seas but his fate shall never be known

anyone member the rest of the wurds?

....I'm sure Rimas would be happy as a clam if one of these were hung above his bed in the sanatorium :mellow:

I know a guy that went that way for several years. He would take any drug just to feel the effect. He was a civil engineer before and after his return.

I'll bet rimas would like a nice plate of fried clams right about now, and those toys as he is likely bored with the chicken by now.

There was an old song, goes something like this; Will he ever return, no he'll never return, and his fate is still unknown. May he ride forever over the bounding seas but his fate shall never be known

Kingston Trio - MTA

Partial lyrics:

Well, let me tell you of the story of a man named Charlie

On a tragic and fateful day

He put ten cents in his pocket, kissed his wife and family

Went to ride on the MTA

Well, did he ever return?

No he never returned and his fate is still unlearned

He may ride forever 'neath the streets of Boston

And he's the man who never returned

Charlie handed in his dime at the Kendall Square station

And he changed for Jamaica Plain

When he got there the conductor told him, "One more nickel"

Charlie couldn't get off of that train

But did he ever return?

He's the man who never returned

Charlie's wife Jean goes down to the Scully Square station Richardson Bay

Everyday at a quarter past two three

Through an open window she hands Charlie Rimas a sandwich an anchor

As the train goes rumbling through tide takes the grifter to sea.

FIFY

Charlie's wife Jean goes down to the Scully Square station Richardson Bay

Everyday at a quarter past two three

Through an open window she hands Charlie Rimas a sandwich an anchor

As the train goes rumbling through tide takes the grifter to sea.

FIFY

:lol: Thanks for the drift correction.

Kingston Trio - MTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7Jw_v3F_Q0

Partial lyrics:

Well, let me tell you of the story of a man named Charlie

On a tragic and fateful day

He put ten cents in his pocket, kissed his wife and family

Went to ride on the MTA

Well, did he ever return?

And he's the man who never returned

Charlie handed in his dime at the Kendall Square station

And he changed for Jamaica Plain

When he got there the conductor told him, "One more nickel"

Charlie couldn't get off of that train

But did he ever return?

He's the man who never returned

Thanks, a good song. But not in the form of the wurds that keep running through me head.

Not rimas, but it's looks like the end of the trail for this old Peterson 1 tonner.

It looks pretty nasty out there, I hope the little dude is safe

http://coastguardnews.com/coast-guard-rescues-adrift-sailor-off-ano-nuevo-state-park/2016/04/25/

Same Kentucky Woman that was for sale awhile back in Everett?

Looks like it. Hard to be sure from the photo but that yellow stripe is a pretty good tell. Wasn't it listed around $25,000.

Wonder where he was going,kind of early in the year to be delivering down the coast.

Especially in an old IOR tiller boat, by yourself.

Not rimas, but it's looks like the end of the trail for this old Peterson 1 tonner.

It looks pretty nasty out there, I hope the little dude is safe http://coastguardnews.com/coast-guard-rescues-adrift-sailor-off-ano-nuevo-state-park/2016/04/25/

Same Kentucky Woman that was for sale awhile back in Everett?

Sure looks like it. The PO sold it about 3 years ago. I always liked that boat.

http://coastguardnews.com/coast-guard-rescues-adrift-sailor-off-ano-nuevo-state-park/2016/04/25/

yep, wonder if that isn't the reason for that song that keeps sloushing around in my head that he will never return, and his fate is still unlearned.....

R isn't dumb but definately lazy

yep, wonder if that isn't the reason for that song that keeps sloushing around in my head that he will never return, and his fate is still unlearned.....

R isn't dumb but definately lazy

Rimas is as thick as a brick.

I wonder if his nautical themed clock and barometer are still working.

Would it matter if they did?

At least he would know the time. I doubt the barometer would bring him much forecasting based on his knowledge shown to date.

so...nearly 40 days offshore central california late winter & the early spring.

how sad. I really hope he is hiding in an estuary somewhere.

Yeah, I'm concerned too. Problem is, aside from his complete inability to make port on his own, he is such an attention whore he'd find some way to reach his posse on facebook.

so...nearly 40 days offshore central california late winter & the early spring.

how sad. I really hope he is hiding in an estuary somewhere.

Yeah, I'm concerned too. Problem is, aside from his complete inability to make port on his own, he is such an attention whore he'd find some way to reach his posse on facebook.
I agree. He can't sail into a port, and if he was towed we'd hear about it. He has no cash, it'll take several days to pick up and cash his SS checks. He's got a tiny anchor Jean gave him in Monterey, but no rode and no knowledge of how to set an anchor. If he somehow made shore, first thing he'd do is get on FB and ask for money, car rides, and help fixing his boat. He's not in port. He's in the Pacific drifting in circles, cold, wet, hungry, and wondering why no one shows up to tow him to a free dock.

I might be assuming to much, but surely even Rimas could have direct deposit and his SS should be available at the nearest ATM or where ever he could use his debit card.

I can totally picture him 300 miles offshore trying to call for a tow on his 5w handheld VHF and wondering why no one comes.

At 40 days he is half way through his food supply unless he is catching fish. Hopefully, a few neurons in his brain rub up against each other and he picks a shore and heads for it before he becomes the next mummy to wash up in the Philippines.