Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

When he writes his book, it will be a comic book.... The Adventures of Anchorman!

rimas?...naw, no talent, but there is plenty of talent in this forum to pick up the ball and run with it and if someone does I'll buy the first copy

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

A new fucking superhero, oh joy, fucking anchor man. Ohhhhhh.

Yes! :) ..its Anchorman the worlds greatest drifter.....love it

Says it all.

Well... part of it.

well you did leave out the belly button. Maybe it's not an outee, but the eye the rode will be attached to. Hummmm...wonder what he has on for foot wear?..maybe ....

Looks like the Admiral has been busted back down to Captain. I think the anchor on his sweater is actually bigger than his real anchor.

13244719_591929420965961_797488677825830

I see by your outfit that you are a Sailor,

And if you get an outfit, you can be a Sailor too...

Feel free to fix the "Sailor" part.

Great movie plot. Can Nicole Kidman be Sally?

Does Rimas even have a flare pistol? Recall the principle of Chekov's Gun: "If you show a fire extinguisher in Act 1, a redheaded woman needs to hit a dude with it by Act 3." Does Rimas even have a fire extinguisher?
If Rimas had a flare pistol , he would have either set the boat on fire or lost it overboard.

yes a flare gun in his hands is corting disaster

There's a bit of a shitfight over on FB, where Rimas reposted a message from Furnish.

Good fun. For example.

Tony Bentley Can't sail? Three North Pacific crossings and a South Pacific crossing. That's four times across the Pacific. Can't sail my ass. Go spew your crap on Sailing Anarchy.

No, it's much more amusing to spew your crap on SA.

Rimas is Chauncey Gardiner. All who meet him love him. They see all the props he displays like trophies and believe. He wears a captain hat, he is a captain. He has a compass and a barometer, he is a navigator. He has an orange life ring, he is prepared to cross oceans safely.

The more he successfully does his schtick, the more they will believe.

should be fixed in no time

Jesus christ what a shithole

You get EXACTLY what you pay for.

True, it was a free boat. But Rimas hasn't put forth any effort to improve it. While it will cost a bit to make bluewater seaworthy, it wouldn't cost much or be too difficult to do a little mildew scrubbing and painting down below.

should be fixed in no time

Jesus christ what a shithole

You get EXACTLY what you pay for.

True, it was a free boat. But Rimas hasn't put forth any effort to improve it. While it will cost a bit to make bluewater seaworthy, it wouldn't cost much or be too difficult to do a little mildew scrubbing and painting down below.

Why would he bother? It's cleaner and much nicer than the dumpster he used to live in, before he became a sailor wearer of nautical-theme blouses.

FB- Doug

Weekend FB Highlights:

attachicon.gifUntitled1.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled2.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled3.png

It's idiots like that that make me want to send a Friend request to Rimas so I can go slap some heads together.

Then I think about it for a minute...nope.

I don't know what you think is going to happen. He occasionally likes one of my photos or something but that hasn't happened in many months. He seems to mostly ignore me.

If you're trying to hide, it won't work. If he drifts anywhere near you, I'm going to update him with your position so he can find you more easily.

Weekend FB Highlights:

attachicon.gifUntitled1.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled2.jpg

attachicon.gifUntitled3.png

It's idiots like that that make me want to send a Friend request to Rimas so I can go slap some heads together.

Then I think about it for a minute...nope.

I don't know what you think is going to happen. He occasionally likes one of my photos or something but that hasn't happened in many months. He seems to mostly ignore me.

If you're trying to hide, it won't work. If he drifts anywhere near you, I'm going to update him with your position so he can find you more easily.

Well there's the latter you mention, but I just don't want the guy looking through my stuff.

I could friend him, then stick him in the same group as my obnoxious Trump-crazy aunt who's not actually allowed to see anything in my profile or comment on it. But we're still friends...

Please, please someone needs to post that Captain Anchorman magazine cover over on FB.

I'm not doing that but I did put this on his page:

http://www.pbo.co.uk/news/american-yachtswoman-circumnavigation-31669#ZY5uRVqM5fFKLRtD.01

She is channeling Reemass, notice the supply of caulk.
she's doing a lot of her own work, unlike Rimas.

He's been commenting on and liking photos of mine and friends of mine recently. I had to add him to the list of people who shouldn't actually see my posts.

Ha! Showing an Anti-Rimas doesn't belittle Rimas. It just makes it more ridiculous that the plonker isn't dead. Must be the adorable little outfits.

Rimas scoffs at your anti-Rimas circumnavigation people. . Planning, skill, prep? Fuck that. Go with the flow and get a tow!

Please, please someone needs to post that Captain Anchorman magazine cover over on FB.

http://www.pbo.co.uk/news/american-yachtswoman-circumnavigation-31669#ZY5uRVqM5fFKLRtD.01

She's a very handsome woman...

Donna-Lange-repairs.jpg

I'll give you 5:1 odds she could whup Rimas's ass.

Knock him out with a single punch.

Great movie plot. Can Nicole Kidman be Sally?

Does Rimas even have a flare pistol? Recall the principle of Chekov's Gun: "If you show a fire extinguisher in Act 1, a redheaded woman needs to hit a dude with it by Act 3." Does Rimas even have a fire extinguisher?
If Rimas had a flare pistol , he would have either set the boat on fire or lost it overboard.

If you scroll back far enough, you should see a picture of a flare pistol kit lashed to the rail of one of his previous boats. Still in its cardboard box.

From his FB page tonight:

"2016. May 24. Hilo, Hawaii. News is good ! I will able to use Satellite tracker for my next voyage. Thank you so much for supporting to everyone. Satellite tracker coming to me on June 1, 2016. I am happy to use from any location in the world. Need to support not expensive Sail Jib or Genoa . I will be leaving with 100 or 120 gal water this time and one year supply food. I will be continue sailing Kon-Tiki style it's called Drifting around the world. Thank you."

Tracker will be entertaining for us :D But calling it Kon-Tiki-Style is a little offensive.

The first step to recovery is to acknowledge your faults. He is acknowledging that he is drifter. I'd say that is progress.

From his FB page tonight:

"2016. May 24. Hilo, Hawaii. News is good ! I will able to use Satellite tracker for my next voyage. Thank you so much for supporting to everyone. Satellite tracker coming to me on June 1, 2016. I am happy to use from any location in the world. Need to support not expensive Sail Jib or Genoa . I will be leaving with 100 or 120 gal water this time and one year supply food. I will be continue sailing Kon-Tiki style it's called Drifting around the world. Thank you."

Tracker will be entertaining for us :D But calling it Kon-Tiki-Style is a little offensive.

I find it VERY offensive by calling his method Kon Tiki Style. Hard to believe that he does not know that there is a lot of the world that cannot be reached without some upwind sailing.

Is it just me, or does the language of that last FB post about the tracker seem a little bit non-Remus?

Agreed.

And it should be "Con-Tiki".

Con-Tiki is perfect.

You win Rimas Anarchy for today.

I dunno Great White; Rimas "sailed" from Hilo to San Francisco the wrong way (essentially the reverse of the Pac-Cup route to Hawaii). I didn't think that was possible until he did it.

I dunno Great White; Rimas "sailed" from Hilo to San Francisco the wrong way (essentially the reverse of the Pac-Cup route to Hawaii). I didn't think that was possible until he did it.

I know, but there were comments made that the wind was actually blowing from the south when he did that. It was winter. I also thought that he was going to head to Samoa, but the wind was the wrong direction. Don't know, most strange.

She's a very handsome woman...

Donna-Lange-repairs.jpg

I'll give you 5:1 odds she could whup Rimas's ass.

Knock him out with a single punch.

for a woman she looks like she has a nice bulge between her legs much bigger than rimas's ever had, she can sail make ports without a tow...Imagine that? To compare her to rimas is like comparing a fine bottle of scotch to bilge water.

I know it's usually Bob P who drops in here with stuff about a guy actually sailing around the world, but I found this in the relevant thread on CA and it seems I have judged Rimas too harshly.

I told Furnish on Facebook that Rimas has never completed a solo voyage because he never started without assistance and never made it all the way to a port.

This just in from Jeff:

In the end it was not meant to be and I missed the tide by about 30-minutes. However that didn't stop Debbie from getting a panga and bringing me out not only one of the greatest hugs and kisses I have ever gotten but she had fried chicken ,fries, and rum, not to mention some very much needed gallons of fresh clean drinking water. This all put a nice ending to a colossal voyage and yet another night just short of the safety of a protected harbor.
Tomorrow late afternoon I will get across the bar and life can once again become a little less spontaneous and wild a change that I'm sure will fell just fine, at least for a "little while".

Well, there goes his "unassisted" claim.

You should do a bit of research before spouting off. Defined course starts and ends at a designated place outside of the harbor, not mooring to mooring. His trip was alone and unassisted.

Is it just me, or does the language of that last FB post about the tracker seem a little bit non-Remus?

agree

....there's been posts like that before,,, likely whoever posted and maintains the page.

...you don't think Rimass does that!? :lol:

...nice t'hear the Delorme's on it's way. I guess. :mellow:

I know it's usually Bob P who drops in here with stuff about a guy actually sailing around the world, but I found this in the relevant thread on CA and it seems I have judged Rimas too harshly.

I told Furnish on Facebook that Rimas has never completed a solo voyage because he never started without assistance and never made it all the way to a port.

This just in from Jeff:

In the end it was not meant to be and I missed the tide by about 30-minutes. However that didn't stop Debbie from getting a panga and bringing me out not only one of the greatest hugs and kisses I have ever gotten but she had fried chicken ,fries, and rum, not to mention some very much needed gallons of fresh clean drinking water. This all put a nice ending to a colossal voyage and yet another night just short of the safety of a protected harbor.

Tomorrow late afternoon I will get across the bar and life can once again become a little less spontaneous and wild a change that I'm sure will fell just fine, at least for a "little while".

You should do a bit of research before spouting off. Defined course starts and ends at a designated place outside of the harbor, not mooring to mooring. His trip was alone and unassisted.

Didn’t you read the sailing rules of circumnavigation?

This just in from Jeff:

you are right. He is like the hundreds of people i have taken out over the years that take the helm for a bit then when things get sticky they give it back in a hurry. So if rimas gets credit for completing a voyage then i guess all those wanna bees I've had aboard have also completed voyages. No wonder captains caps sell so well

If drifting in a GRP boat is sailing kon tiki style then cooking instant mash potato chef Ramsey style. Playing with Lego's Egyptian pyramid style. Prepared 711 chili dog master chef style. Flying paper airplanes NASA style. Building my cdx plywood tool box skan design style.......

nothing adds up with Rimas

He seems to have:

understood the difference between sailing and drifting;

acknowledged that he just drifts;

made the connection with the downwind-only Kon-Tiki vessel;

and decided to turn it into a brand

I find it amazing that he can do all that... and still not be able to trim his sails at all

several loose nuts up there

Now that we Have accomplished the first step in our summer's entertainment - namely providing our hero with tracker

We should focus on second step.

No epic tale is complete without a love interest. Rimas has a couple of dozen passionate FB admirers who are more than willing to join him on the next leg. How do we encourage a crew member to step up and join the Mimsy ?

No epic tale is complete without a love interest. Rimas has a couple of dozen passionate FB admirers who are more than willing to join him on the next leg. How do we encourage a crew member to step up and join the Mimsy ?

Shanghaiing
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shanghaiing or crimping is the practice of kidnapping people to serve as sailors by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence.

He seems to have:

I find it amazing that he can do all that... and still not be able to trim his sails at all

Rimas made none of those decisions nor arrived at any conclusions. His handler(s) are taking advantage of whatever bits of information they can shape into some semblance of triumph.

Its more relaxing to drift, instead of constantly worrying about gusts; plotting a course; course over ground, or the more theoretical aspects such as actually choosing a destination. Trust to fate and put a fishing hook in the water to plan for the future. I chipped in a couple, hopefully used for his poetry device, with the promise of a couple more should he learn to sail. I sacrificed the price of a pack of sandpaper, the rest goes to my "repaint the 40 year old spare boat" fund.

He has to plan for his own love life! I might actually feel remorse at the thought of some idealistic post post debutante, a FB reading internet sailing expert, screaming desperately to the empty ocean as she cannot update her social media, rations run low, the last island is upwind, the boat gets damp and Rimas gets 'the look' in his eye yet again. Hmmm. Maybe remorse is too strong of a word. But why risk it?

agree

....there's been posts like that before,,, likely whoever posted and maintains the page.

...you don't think Rimass does that!? :lol:

...nice t'hear the Delorme's on it's way. I guess. :mellow:

I'm with you on this as well. It has to be Shannon or Jean who wrote that. If Rimas had written it, it would of had a new photo from somewhere in Hawaii. Instead it has an old photo of the Mimsy in Richardson bay taken from the soon to be lost dinghy. His handlers are in full control.

... It has to be Shannon or Jean who wrote that. If Rimas had written it, it would of had a new photo from somewhere in Hawaii. Instead it has an old photo of the Mimsy in Richardson bay taken from the soon to be lost dinghy. His handlers are in full control.

Define "full control."

He seems to have:

Hold on a second!

Take a look at the large photo of the tattered jib trimmed with multiple sheets fastened up the leech.

Say what you will about the wily cockroach, but the trim is darn near perfect. It is actually setting with a half-decent shape.

13102870_588186108006959_305167235791887

Shanghaiing
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shanghaiing or crimping is the practice of kidnapping people to serve as sailors by coercive techniques such as trickery, intimidation, or violence.

It's just a three hour cruise...

He seems to have:

Hold on a second!

Take a look at the large photo of the tattered jib trimmed with multiple sheets fastened up the leech.

Say what you will about the wily cockroach, but the trim is darn near perfect. It is actually setting with a half-decent shape.

Could use a bit more of jib sheet #3

This jib set up with multiple sheets is the great mystery. How did Rimas conceive this? In most previous pictures he can't even fully hoist a jib (any of his jibs). They've all shown lots of luff tape hanging out below the feeder. Yet somehow, despite all the evidence of zero knot tieing ability he comes up with the only way to use what's left. And gets the 4 sheets to about the right tension. Then manages to get the wash basin lashed up without using up every inch of line onboard. He must have had some help!!! Never before has anywhere near the talent shown in just one pic been seen onboard.

RIP 'lilmurray'. He got eaten before the Coast guard rescue call.

He seems to have:

Hold on a second!

You are right... at the very least he new what a sail should look like and took the pic during the 5 seconds the wind trimmed it right

Now that we Have accomplished the first step in our summer's entertainment - namely providing our hero with tracker

Providing him a casket.

Providing him a casket.

I was going to say arrange for transportation of buttery ashes to Florida.

Providing him a casket.

I was going to say arrange for transportation of buttery ashes to Florida.

A casket for two... How cute.

He seems to have:

Hold on a second!

You are right... at the very least he new what a sail should look like and took the pic during the 5 seconds the wind trimmed it right

I believe this is probably the right explanation. Alternatively, he could have realized at some point in the drift that his food and water would run out before he came near enough to land to hail anyone on the handheld vhf and he stepped it up at least a half notch. There were several videos he posted where he is sailing fast enough to produce a wake that has to be 4-6 knots. You could explain it with a passing squall giving him speed, but he has always been lucky that way.

He seems to have:

Hold on a second!

I believe this is probably the right explanation. Alternatively, he could have realized at some point in the drift that his food and water would run out before he came near enough to land to hail anyone on the handheld vhf and he stepped it up at least a half notch. There were several videos he posted where he is sailing fast enough to produce a wake that has to be 4-6 knots. You could explain it with a passing squall giving him speed, but he has always been lucky that way.
Photoshop! Don't underestimate the Enablers.

The movie should actual be about the Enablers, not the puppet.

some candidates for crew:

Dalia a fellow Latvian

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009925818214&fref=nf&pn_ref=story

Diane from Atlants

https://m.facebook.com/dianeborabora

Slyie von Heidelberg

https://m.facebook.com/savoine

Flilmena from ???

https://m.facebook.com/filomena.cal

He has hundreds of heartthrobing admirers. Surely one is Rimas worthy ?

I'm pretty sure most of them are "Friend Collectors". Fake name, fake persona. Try to collect as many friends as possible then sell off account to a company that will then use the connections for more nefarious endeavors. Friend only friends, my friends!

He seems to have:

Hold on a second!

Please stop reposting this pic....I get a migraine just looking at it.

I assume the reason that the boat looks relatively shipshape is that Rimas had company at some point that set his sails, gave him a tracker, and sang him to sleep at night.

Said company exited boat at some point before latest tow. Now who would do that?