• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

5 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

I have thought he sounded like he was in L.A. but then his pictures indicate he may be somewhere in the islands and his posts are entertaining so why not encourage more? Where do you think he is and what supporting evidence do you have for this conclusion?

Yes I'm aware of the correct spelling I just have a habit of typing the e

Google likes to change Rimas to Rinse on my tablet. Maybe they know more then they are letting on.

2 hours ago, thereefgeek said:

I can't quite tell (I'm Ream Us's "friend" on FB), what that fuckstick Jim Furnish is up to.

Is he for real the disillusioned armchair supporter, or is he truly the devious animal that everyone here makes him out to be?

Either way, I think he's a complete and total wannabe, and I'd bet a dollar that he's probably one of those "UNTOUCHABLES" on douchecruiserforumdotcom.

Blabber on about shit you don't know, and if you make enough posts, you're in the inner circle, and completely untouchable by "moderators" no matter what kind of bullshit you post on the internet.  Because, everyone with two thousand posts on some fuckwit website must certainly know whatthefuck they're typing about, RIGHT?

YEAH, RIGHT......

its all up to the moderators and there is no appeal. Example: I was on powerstroke.org and they have a tread of pictures of trucks with girls. So my friend a good looking blonde blue eyed lady of about 26 that would rather not wear clothes like I was with me when I was checking irrigation  and I asked her if she would pose for me. She agreed and I took pictures of her hidden behind the drivers door stepping out of the cab. She was totally nude but all you could see was  a little bit of her shoulders her head and her ankles. You could not tell she was nude and would not have known if I hadn't if made mention that she didn't like clothes and was nude. I was banned from the site for six months. the mod was a prudish woman and said my post was not suited for a family site. Geez...there were lots of other postings on that same thread with girls in strings that left not much to the imagination but to her that was ok. I'll see if I can't dig up that pix and post it

2 hours ago, thereefgeek said:

I can't quite tell (I'm Ream Us's "friend" on FB), what that fuckstick Jim Furnish is up to.

Is he for real the disillusioned armchair supporter, or is he truly the devious animal that everyone here makes him out to be?

Either way, I think he's a complete and total wannabe, and I'd bet a dollar that he's probably one of those "UNTOUCHABLES" on douchecruiserforumdotcom.

Blabber on about shit you don't know, and if you make enough posts, you're in the inner circle, and completely untouchable by "moderators" no matter what kind of bullshit you post on the internet.  Because, everyone with two thousand posts on some fuckwit website must certainly know whatthefuck they're typing about, RIGHT?

YEAH, RIGHT......

Dammit I thought I'd be inner circle by now but the Oracle has spoken. At 1595 posts I'm a tad short for legend turkey status, but then again a turkey is head and shoulders above pigeons. Where are the truly great men of the century, when the best we can produce is a total idiot voted in by millions bent on sticking it up the man. 

2 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

Furnish is doing the "long con" version of trolling. He's quite good at it.

In the long con, you take your time to establish bonafides and once everyone takes you for a sincere expert, you can start easing in with the serious trolling. The infiltration of rec.pets.cats in 1994 stands as a tipping point--a defining moment in Internet history--for this kind of troll. The highly effective multi-player troll, which takes a team to pull off, was outlined in complete detail in alt.syntax.tactical about that same time.

So...would you like to tell us how many personas you have on this site? Plus or minus ten...

I'm starting to think that there are really only about 45 people who contribute here.

dali%20soft%20construction%20with%20boil

1 hour ago, bfloyd4445 said:

its all up to the moderators and there is no appeal. Example: I was on powerstroke.org and they have a tread of pictures of trucks with girls. So my friend a good looking blonde blue eyed lady of about 26 that would rather not wear clothes like I was with me when I was checking irrigation  and I asked her if she would pose for me. She agreed and I took pictures of her hidden behind the drivers door stepping out of the cab. She was totally nude but all you could see was  a little bit of her shoulders her head and her ankles. You could not tell she was nude and would not have known if I hadn't if made mention that she didn't like clothes and was nude. I was banned from the site for six months. the mod was a prudish woman and said my post was not suited for a family site. Geez...there were lots of other postings on that same thread with girls in strings that left not much to the imagination but to her that was ok. I'll see if I can't dig up that pix and post it

i dont think any of the mods on that site are female. shoulda been on powerstrokearmy.com ... not nearly as gay , prolly because it's mine .

27 minutes ago, dash34 said:

Ironic that those who ridiculed Rimas with the "choking the chicken" jokes are now doing just that on this thread.  YCMTSU.

Isn't it bedtime in Nanaimo? We have put the bears out for the night and are ready to brush our teeth. The willow bark is good this year.

36 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Isn't it bedtime in Nanaimo? We have put the bears out for the night and are ready to brush our teeth. The willow bark is good this year.

Nice try.  You know I'm right.  This thread has contained nothing of value for several weeks.  Why not just say your final goodbye to Rimas and this thread? Give up, he's gone, your whipping boy finally did himself in.  Time to move on.

33 minutes ago, dash34 said:

Nice try.  You know I'm right.  This thread has contained nothing of value for several weeks.  Why not just say your final goodbye to Rimas and this thread? Give up, he's gone, your whipping boy finally did himself in.  Time to move on.

Yet you felt compelled to click on it and comment. Hypocrisy much?

On 8/9/2017 at 2:40 AM, Kingstonsail said:

Goodbye dash34 in Nanaimo BC...

nanaimo.gif

I tried saying goodbye 2 weeks ago (post #21507 unbelievably) ....   but this thread is like Rimas...it keeps circling the drain.....and we are doomed to circle with him  (metaphor Bf )

Bfloyd I said goodbye to you also #21506 I think......I just tear up at the thought that this engaging dialogue is nearing an end...    or is it ?

Alrighty, let's wind The Deserving up a little, thanks to the twattersphere. . .

VFR VERT Rescue @VFRfiji 4h4 hours ago

#MSAR Maritime assets being dispatched for vessel in distress off Viti Levu. Inter agency Coordination in... http://fb.me/8XO7VKBau 

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

#MSAR Maritime assets being dispatched for vessel in distress off Viti Levu. Inter agency Coordination in progress #Fiji

DH-8234U0AIl1gI.jpg
DH-8235VwAAKRS7.jpg
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Jim Furnish to Rimas Meleshyus
1 hr · 

". . . And he saw that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them. And about the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and cried out, for they all saw him and were terrified. But immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” And he got into the boat with them, and the wind ceased. And they were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened."

-- Mark 6:48-52

1 hour ago, HypnoToad said:

Speaking of odd photos.  Jim Furnish posted this image on Rimas' page earlier today....

Untitled.jpg

Is that what's his name flying the airliner in the background I wonder? What is that girl sucking on? 

The philosophy of "Russian Avos" explains a lot of Rimas' behaviour - more so than insanity.  Here is the Wiki definition:

The Russian avos' (Russian: русский авось) describes a philosophy of behavior, or attitude, of a person who ignores possible problems or hassles and, at the same time, expects or hopes for no negative results or consequences. It is an attitude that treats life as unpredictable and holds that the best one can do is count on luck.

Pretty much sums up Rimas.

10 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Yes I saw that.

I keep trying, successfully so far, to resist the temptation to post this on Rimas' timeline.

1ahhoq.jpg

Hey, I just watched McCoy get fooled by Spock using the Vulcan Death Grip on Kirk...

they stole the cloaking device from the Romulans.

4 hours ago, HypnoToad said:

Speaking of odd photos.  Jim Furnish posted this image on Rimas' page earlier today....

Untitled.jpg

Left to right starting with a Victoria Secrets model.... Model, Rimas, JFKennedy, George Bush in a fluffy jacket, The Norwegian Blue Parrot (def, a sign that Jim knows Rimas' fate),  Hogan (of Hogan Heroes), and the dash board hulu dancer from Space Cowboys.   In the foreground;  DeLorme box, and a dvd on the US Navy ??

meh....yup   that all makes sense given the thread...

4 hours ago, HypnoToad said:

Untitled.jpg

Man, that is some serious effort with your basic Microsoft Paint that comes free with every shitty Windows-based PC you buy at the Five & Dime nowadays.....

Uhhhhh, Facebook just jumped the shark.  

They deny accounts to Nazis and Islamic terrorist groups, but they still yet allow this ass clown Jim Furnish continue to publish his hate.

Tisk tisk tisk...

5 minutes ago, Kingstonsail said:

where is Jim going with this.......

TR-3B Black Triangle: Man Made Anti Gravity Craft?

tr-3b-black-triangle-paris-july-2008.jpg

He cut and pasted that pic from Jon's blog. Both of them are pretty looney.

Did they find Rimas' head ?

Finaly, real  Breaking Fake News :

Aug 23, 2017 - Natadola beach in Fiji is often referred to as the world’s most beautiful stretch of sand. That was until body parts started washing up on the shore. ... Police have confirmed that the body parts belonged to a missing American/Russian sailor .

see: http://malct32.blogspot.com/2012/03/no-head-equals-dead.html

severed-head-fiji-beach-missing-russians[1].jpg

Police have confirmed that the body parts belonged to a missing Russian couple, Yuriy Shipulin and Nataliya Gerasimova – retirees who moved to Fiji in 2011 and lived on a vegetable farm in the Nausori Highlands.

Friends described Shipulin as a former pilot for the Russian air force, who had a number of failed business interests on the island and was owed upwards of US$200,000 by former business associates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/06/fiji-in-shock-as-body-parts-of-missing-russian-couple-wash-up-on-famed-beach

21 minutes ago, Kingstonsail said:

Police have confirmed that the body parts belonged to a missing Russian couple, Yuriy Shipulin and Nataliya Gerasimova – retirees who moved to Fiji in 2011 and lived on a vegetable farm in the Nausori Highlands.

Friends described Shipulin as a former pilot for the Russian air force, who had a number of failed business interests on the island and was owed upwards of US$200,000 by former business associates.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/06/fiji-in-shock-as-body-parts-of-missing-russian-couple-wash-up-on-famed-beach

+ 1

33 minutes ago, Sailing Junkie said:

Thanks!

In One Ear: Rimas: Phone home

Sailor Rimas Meleshyus out of communication

By Elleda Wilson

The Daily Astorian

Published on August 25, 2017 12:01AM

No word yet from Astoria’s wayward sailor, 60-something Russian immigrant Rimas Meleshyus. In late May he set off from Hilo, Hawaii, on his life’s mission, a sail (drift, actually) around the world, but as he neared Fiji, his satellite feed went dead.

His last Facebook post, dated Aug. 3 but actually sent July 30, mentioned that he had been through a strong gale, his tiller was broken and he had no control of the boat in a dangerous current. Worse yet, he hadn’t been able to contact the Fiji Coast Guard.

Now he’s been out of contact for more than three weeks. A recent post on his Facebook page says the New Zealand and Fijian Coastguard and Navy have launched an official search, and Rimas has been declared missing at sea.

One can only hope Rimas landed safely on one of the small islands around Fiji. It’s easy to picture him happily ensconced and enjoying the sun and soft breezes, resting up for his next adventure until he surfaces to tell us what happened on this one.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:23 PM, Timmys_Trick_Turkey said:

Dammit I thought I'd be inner circle by now but the Oracle has spoken. At 1595 posts I'm a tad short for legend turkey status, but then again a turkey is head and shoulders above pigeons. Where are the truly great men of the century, when the best we can produce is a total idiot voted in by millions bent on sticking it up the man. 

In PA?

On 8/23/2017 at 11:57 PM, Ishmael said:

So...would you like to tell us how many personas you have on this site? Plus or minus ten...

I'm starting to think that there are really only about 45 people who contribute here.

dali%20soft%20construction%20with%20boil

Make that 44 if you include me!

15 hours ago, hasher said:
Jim Furnish to Rimas Meleshyus
1 hr · 

". . . And he saw that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them. And about the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and cried out, for they all saw him and were terrified. But immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” And he got into the boat with them, and the wind ceased. And they were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened."

That was the gospel 2 weeks ago. Left out one part. Pete got out of the boat and Jesus saved his faithless ass and rebuked them all for being pussies. I would have been bowel empty at that point myself

They were sailors, Rimas was a dreamer, no need for faith there

Jean speaks!  Briefly.......

---------------------------------------------

Jim Furnish‎ to Rimas Meleshyus

18 hrs · 

Theresa Farage still no word on his whereabouts?

Anna Butler 

Patrick Hoffman He did want he wanted to do.

Scuba Lenny Any word yet on Rimas Whereabouts? Praying for you buddy Please check in.

Ashley Fabiano Beautiful

Joyce Humphreys Amatuzzo Rimas Meleshyus we pray for you ole sailor.

Andy Mills Sail on sail on sailor... 

Lisa Nofield Still praying.

Jim Probert I've always said that if life dished out something I couldn't recover from or stand to endure, I'd just sail west with some really good drugs. Perhaps Rimas Meleshyus had a similar plan involving a vision quest as well, given his seeming disdain for food and water.

Nancy Plunkett Its been a long while... love an light to you Rimas, where ever you are...

Sylvia Gonzalez Oooohhh! ..My Goddd...God Blessed Him...wherever he was.

Joe Vafi So perfect. Rimas, you are a unique inspiration to us all...

Rich VanDusen Oh Lord, give it up Jim. For real man....

Jim Probert I didn't know Rimas personally. I don't know you, either. I have no idea what your problem is with my comment. Can't say I really care, either.

Rich VanDusen good, you're not the droid we're looking for.

Gražina Gedžiuvienė Nice nice super

Joëlle Chrétien Ooooh ! Captain rimas where are you ??? I think about you... 

Jean Mondeau I have known rimas 25 years. I saw the craziness he lives by. I got a feeling he will be asking me for another boat soon. My answer NOOOOOOOO

Jim Furnish If he got out of this one maybe he'll consider taking up a new avocation - like flying a small plane around the world nonstop and solo

Stanislava Kleizienė Divo palaimos tau Rimai,laikykis.See Translation

7 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

Jean Mondeau I have known rimas 25 years. I saw the craziness he lives by. I got a feeling he will be asking me for another boat soon. My answer NOOOOOOOO

Well certainly that's the right answer, if at least one boat too late.  I've got no quarrel with what someone does with their money, and if they want to buy a novice sailor a boat, god bless 'em.  A novice can learn.  

First thing they have to learn is how to depart the dock, control the boat and return to the dock.  If they can't manage this, they would never be able get underway themselves and end up among the reefs of Fiji.  It's a self-governing process.   But towing the novice out to sea short-circuits the learning process and natural selection of who ends up offshore. 

24 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

Jim Furnish‎ to Rimas Meleshyus

18 hrs · 

Theresa Farage still no word on his whereabouts?

Anna Butler 

Patrick Hoffman He did want he wanted to do.

Scuba Lenny Any word yet on Rimas Whereabouts? Praying for you buddy Please check in.

Ashley Fabiano Beautiful

Joyce Humphreys Amatuzzo Rimas Meleshyus we pray for you ole sailor.

Andy Mills Sail on sail on sailor... 

Lisa Nofield Still praying.

Jim Probert I've always said that if life dished out something I couldn't recover from or stand to endure, I'd just sail west with some really good drugs. Perhaps Rimas Meleshyus had a similar plan involving a vision quest as well, given his seeming disdain for food and water.

Nancy Plunkett Its been a long while... love an light to you Rimas, where ever you are...

Sylvia Gonzalez Oooohhh! ..My Goddd...God Blessed Him...wherever he was.

Joe Vafi So perfect. Rimas, you are a unique inspiration to us all...

Rich VanDusen Oh Lord, give it up Jim. For real man....

Jim Probert I didn't know Rimas personally. I don't know you, either. I have no idea what your problem is with my comment. Can't say I really care, either.

Rich VanDusen good, you're not the droid we're looking for.

Gražina Gedžiuvienė Nice nice super

Joëlle Chrétien Ooooh ! Captain rimas where are you ??? I think about you... 

Jim Furnish If he got out of this one maybe he'll consider taking up a new avocation - like flying a small plane around the world nonstop and solo

Stanislava Kleizienė Divo palaimos tau Rimai,laikykis.See Translation

"Rimas, you are a unique inspiration to us all"

LOL! Only if they are a suicide cult. 

14 hours ago, Kingstonsail said:

Left to right starting with a Victoria Secrets model.... Model, Rimas, JFKennedy, George Bush in a fluffy jacket, The Norwegian Blue Parrot (def, a sign that Jim knows Rimas' fate),  Hogan (of Hogan Heroes), and the dash board hulu dancer from Space Cowboys.   In the foreground;  DeLorme box, and a dvd on the US Navy ??

meh....yup   that all makes sense given the thread...

That ain't no Colonel Hogan. . .

4 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

Current?  East to South America? WTF

Untitled.jpg

The FB cult is clueless. They're just grasping at straws. Quite impossible for Rimas to drift to NZ, let alone South America. If afloat, he's drifting in a general west direction.

3 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

That ain't no Colonel Hogan. . .

...ok so you accept George Bush in a fluffy jacket  AND the Norwegian Blue Parrot...   but you draw the line at Hogan ?   methinks you are a titch pedantic

can you think of someone humorous that it could be ?

On 8/22/2013 at 2:25 PM, buys737 said:

Have you ever wondered (hypothetically) just how far you could go if you set sail one day and headed out over the horizon in a Craiglist special 4ksb with almost no preparation?

Texas Reef, Fiji... as it turns out. (albeit 3 boats down)

2 hours ago, theadmiralty said:

The enablers should be hanged!! Or made to walk the plank...

It's like chucking Dylan Winters 10 grand to sail the North Atlantic in a Torqeedo for comedy purposes... 

Shame on you.

more fitting they be keelhauled slowly on a supertanker!

7 hours ago, HypnoToad said:

So its not some stranger giving a man a boat. This person knew this person a very long time. If we go by what  is said. 

7 hours ago, Kingstonsail said:

...ok so you accept George Bush in a fluffy jacket  AND the Norwegian Blue Parrot...   but you draw the line at Hogan ?   methinks you are a titch pedantic

can you think of someone humorous that it could be ?

Nah, I just know what I know (can't really see the "bush" one, so no comment).  That there "hogan" is Ronald Reagan.

Beautiful plumage, the Norwegian Blue. . .

49 minutes ago, bplipschitz said:

Nah, I just know what I know (can't really see the "bush" one, so no comment).  That there "hogan" is Ronald Reagan.

Beautiful plumage, the Norwegian Blue. . .

As a very young man. I hear he's no longer with us. Sleeping with the parrot, he is.

On 8/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

This

Is

An

Ex!

Rimas!

4 hours ago, Varan said:

No day  can elapse without a thought of Rimas.

Varan     you stupid shit....   you blocked the best ending to this this thread  from Chris in SC..      Can I get an Amen !

Chris...please try again.....     and then he is gone

and-like-that-hes-gone.jpg

3 hours ago, SCANAS said:

What's with all the hate for the enablers? I thought merica' was all about freedom to do whatever the fuck your wanted. 

If I bought you scuba gear and encouraged you to do a deep dive when you had no skills or knowledge would anyone think poorly of me?

If I bought you a superbike when you'd never ridden one and then encouraged you to ride it in freeway traffic... etc

If I bought you climbing gear when you'd never climbed and encouraged you to tackle a Grade 5 free climb?  etc etc

It was all about their actions not Rimas's. Rimas couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery and would never have left on an ocean passage without their help and encouragement.

9 hours ago, SCANAS said:

What's with all the hate for the enablers? I thought merica' was all about freedom to do whatever the fuck your wanted. 

maybe in merica it is but here in the USA its the illegals that have freedom to do what ever they want everyone else must abide by lots of rules and regulations even on your own land. True freedom is what Remas loved on the open seas.

5 hours ago, Trickypig said:

If I bought you scuba gear and encouraged you to do a deep dive when you had no skills or knowledge would anyone think poorly of me?

If I bought you a superbike when you'd never ridden one and then encouraged you to ride it in freeway traffic... etc

If I bought you climbing gear when you'd never climbed and encouraged you to tackle a Grade 5 free climb?  etc etc

It was all about their actions not Rimas's. Rimas couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery and would never have left on an ocean passage without their help and encouragement.

well he was able to organize us into the longest pissing and moaning thread in history without even trying

6 hours ago, Trickypig said:

I'd take your equipment and learn in my own way like Rimas did. I don't think Jean & Co ever said you should take off across the ocean. Jean thought he would stay in the bay. 

12 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Giving Rimas a boat and towing him out to sea is pretty irresponsible behavior but I don't hate them for it.

The fan club, OTOH, is starting to reach my limits.

hope4rimas.jpg

Other than Furnish, whose trolling continues to amuse me. The rest of them? I just want to smack them with reality and tell them Texas Reef is a real thing and really will chew up a boat and Rimas almost certainly died there.