Jump to content

Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • RKoch

    2725

  • bfloyd4445

    1844

  • couchsurfer

    1533

  • Excoded Tom

    958

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

10 hours ago, bfloyd4445 said:

He caught em, don't you see the net sitting there? That's Remas's chicken. Remas put the life vest on him before he splatted and Varan found him drifting in with the tide. Nice catch Varan. Will he be your honored dinner guest this evening? 

Yes, it appears Rimas may have perished in fowl water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

What we have here is a classic case of trolling.

The Rimas Facebook woo woo fan base is easy pickins'

So you think he is a predator using these people and Remas to generate money for his retirement account?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kingstonsail said:

 

     speaking of sharks......Can we get a hostage negotiator out to Coos Bay....I think Bfloyd has become unhinged and might jump......

 

 

Your right. I am ready to jump off into the deep blue it has been a long time.  Goin stir!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 5:47 AM, HypnoToad said:

Sock it to us!

 
Will do my best Hypnotoad, and thanks for the Facebook messages, they have woken me up a bit, a bit angry too ...
I have a long post about the cooperation of the authorities almost ready, a bit sensitive subject, but also a pretty boring one, and after some very bad hair-days during the weekend, I decided to postpone that one for a while. 
Besides some really funny posts, there have recently been a lot of serious points made by a lot of posters, because indeed, Fuck No, we cannot leave this poor fucker alone!
And for me, just having lost four old friends in two months, and quite a few of posters here know one or more of them by the way, somehow all the grieve gives me the resolve to continue. Rimas was not a friend, not a great sailor, but still a fellow sailor of sorts, of inexorably disaster. Dare I say we loved him for that?
He deserves at least some respect for trying, whatever he was trying, doesn't matter. No respect needed for some of his Farcebookers, but some there are innocent admirers and concerned fans. And then most of all, his parents, who may very well still be alive, and his sister certainly too, they deserve all our respect, period! And sorry, but saying this makes me cry again, honestly.
Rimas said on Twitter only 2 years ago, Rimas Meleshyus /  (@360_8757) | Twitter, not posted here as far as I can find (it's a gif. not sure how this will attach, fok, that took 2hrs, said image too big while it was not... ) :

59aec6555e313_TwitterRimasbio.thumb.gif.d7718107e9faac685419e35bca34b0a3.gif

Even though a lot of us here are 99% sure he has perished, it would still be good to know this for perhaps 100%. We simply need to find some real evidence, in one form or another. 

And the best chance is a search on a 15 mile stretch of the Udu peninsula. By who? Well, I was nearly on my way again with Fiji boy, a couple of weeks ago, to have a bit of a look and talk to the people there. But it's a long way, no roads up the peninsula, only 4 villages or rather settlements, and only beaches or at best a floor to sleep on. It needed to be prepared a lot better, and called it off. Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them, but WE will need to work on this to make it happen. Yes, will need some help from the forum in a number of ways. Will get back on this bit by bit later, this post is way too long already. And nearly time to get up actually...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fiji said:
 
Will do my best Hypnotoad, and thanks for the Facebook messages, they have woken me up a bit, a bit angry too ...
I have a long post about the cooperation of the authorities almost ready, a bit sensitive subject, but also a pretty boring one, and after some very bad hair-days during the weekend, I decided to postpone that one for a while. 
Besides some really funny posts, there have recently been a lot of serious points made by a lot of posters, because indeed, Fuck No, we cannot leave this poor fucker alone!
And for me, just having lost four old friends in two months, and quite a few of posters here know one or more of them by the way, somehow all the grieve gives me the resolve to continue. Rimas was not a friend, not a great sailor, but still a fellow sailor of sorts, of inexorably disaster. Dare I say we loved him for that?
He deserves at least some respect for trying, whatever he was trying, doesn't matter. No respect needed for some of his Farcebookers, but some there are innocent admirers and concerned fans. And then most of all, his parents, who may very well still be alive, and his sister certainly too, they deserve all our respect, period! And sorry, but saying this makes me cry again, honestly.
Rimas said on Twitter only 2 years ago, Rimas Meleshyus /  (@360_8757) | Twitter, not posted here as far as I can find (it's a gif. not sure how this will attach, fok, that took 2hrs, said image too big while it was not... ) :

59aec6555e313_TwitterRimasbio.thumb.gif.d7718107e9faac685419e35bca34b0a3.gif

Even though a lot of us here are 99% sure he has perished, it would still be good to know this for perhaps 100%. We simply need to find some real evidence, in one form or another. 

And the best chance is a search on a 15 mile stretch of the Udu peninsula. By who? Well, I was nearly on my way again with Fiji boy, a couple of weeks ago, to have a bit of a look and talk to the people there. But it's a long way, no roads up the peninsula, only 4 villages or rather settlements, and only beaches or at best a floor to sleep on. It needed to be prepared a lot better, and called it off. Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them, but WE will need to work on this to make it happen. Yes, will need some help from the forum in a number of ways. Will get back on this bit by bit later, this post is way too long already. And nearly time to get up actually...

 

If you are serious about mounting a search setup a "Gofundme" site and post it to this thread. I guarantee you would raise enough to get airfare for 2 people and some pre diem per day for a 5-10 day trip. To get people to send funding you would have to reassure people you weren't a scam by identifying yourself, your background / experience, a search PLAN, and a "realistic" funding goal. (No one is going to give you 100K+ for this adventure but if you are trying to raise $10-15K you could probably get it done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fiji said:
 
Will do my best Hypnotoad, and thanks for the Facebook messages, they have woken me up a bit, a bit angry too ...
I have a long post about the cooperation of the authorities almost ready, a bit sensitive subject, but also a pretty boring one, and after some very bad hair-days during the weekend, I decided to postpone that one for a while. 
Besides some really funny posts, there have recently been a lot of serious points made by a lot of posters, because indeed, Fuck No, we cannot leave this poor fucker alone!
And for me, just having lost four old friends in two months, and quite a few of posters here know one or more of them by the way, somehow all the grieve gives me the resolve to continue. Rimas was not a friend, not a great sailor, but still a fellow sailor of sorts, of inexorably disaster. Dare I say we loved him for that?
He deserves at least some respect for trying, whatever he was trying, doesn't matter. No respect needed for some of his Farcebookers, but some there are innocent admirers and concerned fans. And then most of all, his parents, who may very well still be alive, and his sister certainly too, they deserve all our respect, period! And sorry, but saying this makes me cry again, honestly.
Rimas said on Twitter only 2 years ago, Rimas Meleshyus /  (@360_8757) | Twitter, not posted here as far as I can find (it's a gif. not sure how this will attach, fok, that took 2hrs, said image too big while it was not... ) :

59aec6555e313_TwitterRimasbio.thumb.gif.d7718107e9faac685419e35bca34b0a3.gif

Even though a lot of us here are 99% sure he has perished, it would still be good to know this for perhaps 100%. We simply need to find some real evidence, in one form or another. 

And the best chance is a search on a 15 mile stretch of the Udu peninsula. By who? Well, I was nearly on my way again with Fiji boy, a couple of weeks ago, to have a bit of a look and talk to the people there. But it's a long way, no roads up the peninsula, only 4 villages or rather settlements, and only beaches or at best a floor to sleep on. It needed to be prepared a lot better, and called it off. Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them, but WE will need to work on this to make it happen. Yes, will need some help from the forum in a number of ways. Will get back on this bit by bit later, this post is way too long already. And nearly time to get up actually...

 

Well spoken Fiji, and reflects my sentiments also. Thanks for your efforts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Fiji said:
 

 Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them, but WE will need to work on this to make it happen. Yes, will need some help from the forum in a number of ways. Will get back on this bit by bit later, this post is way too long already.

 

I agree with your sentiments about those who care about Rimas. This is an oft repeated concern when it comes to our threads here.

Otherwise with regards to your comment..." Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them...". Really?  The `haves' telling the `have nots' what they have to do for a foreign national?

It has to be Rimas's community that makes this happen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stayoutofthemiddle said:

If you are serious about mounting a search setup a "Gofundme" site and post it to this thread. I guarantee you would raise enough to get airfare for 2 people and some pre diem per day for a 5-10 day trip. To get people to send funding you would have to reassure people you weren't a scam by identifying yourself, your background / experience, a search PLAN, and a "realistic" funding goal. (No one is going to give you 100K+ for this adventure but if you are trying to raise $10-15K you could probably get it done.

No need for that really, I am already on the spot, and am not much of a beggar myself. First we'll see what the Police can do, they are good people and there are loads of them. Laid the groundwork, but need to do a lot more. Thanks for thinking along anyway.

And coming to think of it, I certainly would not want any money or support from the enablers-farcebookers...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fiji said:

No need for that really, I am already on the spot, and am not much of a beggar myself. First we'll see what the Police can do, they are good people and there are loads of them. Laid the groundwork, but need to do a lot more. Thanks for thinking along anyway.

And coming to think of it, I certainly would not want any money or support from the enablers-farcebookers...

Good attitude.....where's the grog?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

I agree with your sentiments about those who care about Rimas. This is an oft repeated concern when it comes to our threads here.

Otherwise with regards to your comment..." Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them...". Really?  The `haves' telling the `have nots' what they have to do for a foreign national?

It has to be Rimas's community that makes this happen.

 

It would be easy for the Police to do, they have the resources, and I think the willingness. But you are right about the "haves"/expat sentiment, it's there, and I understand that. An official request will have to come from the USA Embassy/Consulate. Have been working on that also, but they are slow. Will tell you more later today and might need some pushing from you Yankee guys.

 Oops, sorry, wrong expression...

P.S. 

Copied this SMS from my local phone yesterday:

""sms from +679 # Tukavesie Police.  07-08-2017  16:27

let them call... u give my number arranging 4 the team.""

They were waiting for a call from the RCC/Navy, that never came.

Very helpful people, he is the crime inspector there and hails from Rabi Island.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HypnoToad said:

......besides, you would easily be able to sell any recognizable debris you found to the multitudes of hot chick friends of Rimas farcebookers for a nice sum I'd imagine.

Right u r, wouldn't mind taking their money for some fake underpants, and cans of Rimas' hot air for the immorals.

Actually, I promised my Fijian friends who took me to Texas Reef a big bonus, if we found the Mimsy and they could make a photo of the boat. And a fortune for a photo of the skull. No disrespect there, one has to be realistic...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiji said:

Rimas said on Twitter only 2 years ago,

Correction!!!  That's  ONLY  ONE  (1) year ago, you silly.

Can someone with Twitter connections to president Trumpf ask him to ask his friend Putin to find out if they are still alive, and aware of anything ? Any address perhaps, to pass onto the USA consul in Suva ?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if we claim his immigration was on false pretenses and fraudulent they will send ICE airplane to round him up.   If he isn't dead he will be rescued, and returned to Putin,   If he's dead we can get photographic evidence.   ICE is kept busy.   Win win win scenario.    

He went out in the open ocean, accepting many risks, while I worked.   His failure to plan or prepare was his choice.   Why should somebody else pay to rescue him?   I donated the value of some sandpaper from my own boat bucks hoping he'd resume his drift and poetry.   He likely spent it at Starbucks, but he had free will to do as he pleased.    I won't hire somebody just in case it's not too late to save his ass.   I might help pay for a photo expedition searching for the wreck of the boat though.

IMG_0202.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the wreck or recovered flotsam, but I'm not going to donate to that end. Rimas made a choice, and it was a bad one. Dunning-Kruger had a head-on with Darwin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

    Dead...by drowning...hit a reef    Body not found.   Enablers in denial....suggesting he has purposely gone radio silent for reasons unknown.  (our media/FB hog goes radio silent ??).   anyway nothing to see here anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

An underrated but very good Coen Bros. movie. J. K. Simmons was perfect in that closing scene.

It was a great movie. First saw it in a small historic theater with at most 20 people attending. For some unknown reason, three blue hairs sat in the row in front of us in a virtually empty theater. WTF? When Cloonley shot Brad Pitt while hiding in a closet, I burst out laughing. The ladies in front of us turned and gave me a stare like "what is so funny about someone killing another person". All I could do is respond "it's a Cohen Brothers movie." Gosh, what did you expect? Great acting by all involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kingstonsail said:

    Dead...by drowning...hit a reef    Body not found.   Enablers in denial....suggesting he has purposely gone radio silent for reasons unknown.  (our media/FB hog goes radio silent ??).   anyway nothing to see here anymore.

Sorry to continue to ask, but is that "hit a reef" a known fact or speculation?  I'm sure he's shark food at this point (hey, sharks gotta eat too), but he could have easily been sunk in deep water in that POS drifting boat of his.  

If the above is speculation, my $$ is on him not drowning but starving to death and/or running out of fresh water.  We will find his desiccated body down below with his hand around the choked chicken laying in a pile of buttery ashes and sash weights.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Sorry to continue to ask, but is that "hit a reef" a known fact or speculation?  I'm sure he's shark food at this point (hey, sharks gotta eat too), but he could have easily been sunk in deep water in that POS drifting boat of his.  

If the above is speculation, my $$ is on him not drowning but starving to death and/or running out of fresh water.  We will find his desiccated body down below with his hand around the choked chicken laying in a pile of buttery ashes and sash weights.

It is speculation based on known position a few miles from Texas reef and garbled rimas-text about no tiller and no sails then delorme silence (for 3 weeks now?)

The hotrod thread plywood table is Dead Soon too. End of an era.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dex Sawash said:

It is speculation based on known position a few miles from Texas reef and garbled rimas-text about no tiller and no sails then delorme silence (for 3 weeks now?)

The hotrod thread plywood table is Dead Soon too. End of an era.

6 weeks this Monday

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Varan said:

Whoever is paying his Delorme bill could really start fucking with us with a properly worded message or two from some exotic location.

thats what they've been doing all along

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rimas Conspiracy Theories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

 

Theory 1, The Reef.

 Rimas died after grounding Mimsy on Texas Reef.  You can place his position yourself on the google

map, it is approximately just below the sign in button. His last position from the Delorme is

Lat: -16.324075

Lon: -179.760703

Texas Reef - Google Maps

Pros

 His course headed straight for it, breaking waves hard to see until too late, skipper texts on Delorme

about shredded sails and broken rudder Rimas Around the World!

Ineptunic abilities and the possibility of cascading errors on the skippers part.

Poor weather a couple days earlier may have kept him sleep deprived or he may have fell asleep.

He may have been below and not seen the reef.

The water colour may have been clouded and depths not visible.

He may have not had the GPS zoomed enough to spot the reef.

History of sailors lost with no trace.

Cons

"It is speculation based on known position a few miles from Texas reef and garbled rimas-text about no

tiller and no sails then delorme silence (for 3 weeks now?)"

No wreck, body or debris found. No flare, vhf call heard, no lifejacket wearing survivor or Delorme SOS.

He had a handheld GPS and had made a vector through the outer reefs already.

There are four passages through the reef for him to enter. He has drifted through entire fishing fleets

with no lights and possibly asleep. sailing directions for the FIJI islands - surveys of her majesty's - Google Books

His last tracker ping was at 5:49pm UTC-7, which is about 1pm Fiji time the next day. Fiji Time to San Francisco Time Converter -- TimeBie

The grift for the coast guard tow was a new one about the rudder and this could be discounted as just

the latest ploy.

The tide was high at 1pm in Suva and he could have been clear of many reef areas or pulled into the

lagoon on the last of the tide. Tide calendar 2017: Suva Harbor, Fiji Islands

Tides-sailing directions for the FIJI islands - surveys of her majesty's - Google Books

 

The tracker shows battery as normal and no SOS was hit.

 

 

The Mondreau Conspiracy Theory

Rimas does not contact the CG  via vhf or timely enablers and conspires, in a huff, spurns Jean and the

meager FB donations, turns off the Delorme, departs to the west. Uses the mystery to take grifting to

the next level upon his return to the internet.

Pros

A pinball- jibe and he is away with fair wind and currents past Undu Point.

He is able to hear the surf breaks, see the water depth colour change or see the top of the breaks with

his 1000yd stare .

Outgoing tide and strong current against steep reef face propel him out.

Had gone dark recently before while at sea from Cali to Hilo. No qualms about not having the Delorme, a

TomTom worked in the past. Has lived without FB for periods of time.

Had 6 month food supply when he left and recent rainwater opportunities for refilling.

His passage "plan" was to reach Australia, or somewhere equally impressive.

Unpredictable skipper.

 

"Of course the wind died off a bit right when we needed it rounding Udu Point. The reef extends 3 miles

out past the point and the tide rips created by the modest current were anything but. Bodhran was

tossed around like a rag doll. It took a good 30 minutes to navigate the rips, turning into some of the

larger breakers to keep them from rolling over the side." Fiji 2012 Archives -Tide rips JasonRose.com

 

Cons

Rimas is addicted to Facebook.

GPS battery supply, did he have enough or was he running out as stated in the "Grift-up' to Fiji.

Delorme is still "dark" and may be damaged or lost overboard.

He has not made landfall yet.

No sighting by the Fiji cruisers net or SAR flight shortly after going dark.

 

 

 

The Furnish Conspiracy Theory

Rimas made it to the island of Rabi and is alive.

 

Pros

Rabi is something like a kingdom of its own. Locals govern and there are 2 different police forces that

may conspire against sharing some intel.

"Rabi Island is self-governed by its own elected Council of Leaders and Elders and is a privately owned

community within Fiji itself. The language spoken on the island is Gilbertese and the customs and

traditions of the Banabans are still practiced today."

Location of Rabi Island Fiji

Rabi Island: Katherine Bay – Two At Sea

Cruising Taveuni, Vanua Levu and the Ringgolds - FIJI Shores and Marinas

 

Rimas could easily conspire with locals to stay in country indefinitely without Fiji immigration knowing.

No cell service and easy grifting could give him 6 months of stay. No need or easy ability to contact the

outside world. His many off the grid travels support this conspiracy and living under the radar life is

normal for him. Freedom is important to Rimas.

He had a reading fetish about castaways,the south seas and shipwreck stories, having read Kon-Tiki 7

times and other books on the theme. He may have conspired to carry out and live that fantasy.

He may be trying to kill or out wait the life of this SA thread and fool all of us. Key FB'ers and enablers in

on the big ruse...[the Sub-conspiracy]

Local fishermen fish at night even and will sail some distances to the larger island to sell a catch. Good

chance of getting a tow or rescue. There are also night dive tours. There are several good anchorages on

Rabi for cruisers to conspire with him. He could be having free dental work done.

 

"These people are legendary for their fishing skills and sailing exploits. No outboard motors here. So of

course, because of our interests in sailing and traditional boats, Marcy set sail for Katherine Bay on Rabi

Island." Rai-VOYAGE of the MARCY: October 2007

Currents and tide conspire to push him into the lagoon. earth :: Currents Fiji

 

Cons

No communications or Mimsy sightings in the interwebs to verify.ie no Elvis sightings...

Rimas' fear of landfalls and lack of anchoring ability or proper ground tackle.

No deportation order or requests for money to enablers for immigration woes.

"Whoever is paying his Delorme bill could really start fucking with us..."

 

http://banabanvoice.ning.com/

 

Unless "concrete" evidence can be found of the wreck on Texas Reef

Or Buttery Ashes Fedexed to Florida,

Or the conspiracy theories refuted,

Or Flight 007 found,

Rimas whereabouts will remain a mystery for 6 months or more...

"...you are moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas

...it is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies

between the pit of mans fears and the summit of his knowledge..."

 

 

2017-09-09_103315.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bull City said:

I am thinking about starting a thread titled "ONLY for definitive information concerning whereabouts of Rimas or his boat." Good idea?

It will get filled up with drivel just like this one did. Not that there's anything wrong with drivel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Way back I think I said( no I ain't looking) that Rimas would get past Fiji by divine providence or alien intervention

If he shows in DFG, I'm going with aliens.....

Edited by madohe
I'm from wescanson and cain't speeel
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck it, I've got two weeks off starting next week with no plans. Cheap flights are $600 return, I can be therein a few hours. .

I've got some good friends in Fiji, one with a pilots  license. Roaming Flight charter per day would be $1-2K.

Somebody with a FB access let the enablers know we'll do a SAR for him.

If they're such good friends and supporters, I reckon $15-20K US should cut it.

AS a minimum, I pledge to buy some buttered potatoes and a chicken and a fender (take Sharpie to write boat name on it), toss it out the door over some reef, take photos and drink myself senseless with half the population with the rest of the money.

I'll give Jim the scoop, he can convince the enablers they have saved the day and put the saga to bed.

For a bit of spice, we can melt the fender to look like a lightning strike, that should give the God botherers another year of wailing and clothe tearing to pontificate why Rimas turned his back on God and make up a years worth of conspiracies over.

Waddya think? Got legs? 

 

  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or we could get BJ to naviguess (he's only down the road at the moment), convince JS to come down to handle the press (you and LB together would make fascinating narrators), rope in a few Aussie anarchists and sail over to look for him.

I could sell it to Discovery Channel as a humanitarian story such is the fame of ol' Rimas.

We could be the next reality TV hit series, we'll get Dylan to handle the video editing (Dylan, you'll have to throw your professionalism in the bin and make a broken sea-cock handle last an entire episode) 

Lydia can be the female attraction, with the occasional hints of exposed flesh to excite the YTérs.

Rimas could live on in for years yet! 

Edit: Scanas will have to drive, I'm planning on doing an Elliot Ness from the Deadliest Catch and develop a $200,000 cocaine habit on the way and become shamboilc raving loony that endangers the whole crew. 

Did I forget anything? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

Or we could get BJ to naviguess (he's only down the road at the moment), convince JS to come down to handle the press (you and LB together would make fascinating narrators), rope in a few Aussie anarchists and sail over to look for him.

I could sell it to Discovery Channel as a humanitarian story such is the fame of ol' Rimas.

We could be the next reality TV hit series, we'll get Dylan to handle the video editing (Dylan, you'll have to throw your professionalism in the bin and make a broken sea-cock handle last an entire episode) 

Lydia can be the female attraction, with the occasional hints of exposed flesh to excite the YTérs.

Rimas could live on in for years yet! 

Edit: Scanas will have to drive, I'm planning on doing an Elliot Ness from the Deadliest Catch and develop a $200,000 cocaine habit on the way and become shamboilc raving loony that endangers the whole crew. 

Did I forget anything? 

 

 

Me.

I can be the ethical and moral leader/lamppost of this endeavour. Don't worry, I've done this before. I'll need Snaggs for media contacts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ish, 

You have a permanent seat sir now I've finally worked out what a ecdysiast is. We could do with guidance from such an esteemed and respected vocation.

Snaggs is a great addition, he's the closest we have to a Rimas linguistic expert. , 

Link to post
Share on other sites

:) 

I was sacrificing myself by lowering my expectations Scanas, take one for the team and all that.

It would make a good story at the local bars if we met any on the way. Airlie's  on the way to Fiji, no?

Publication1.thumb.jpg.9097c5d222d6b7deeacbaa93ba9242d9.jpg 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

:) 

I was sacrificing myself by lowering my expectations Scanas, take one for the team and all that.

It would make a good story at the local bars if we met any on the way. Airlie's  on the way to Fiji, no?

Publication1.thumb.jpg.9097c5d222d6b7deeacbaa93ba9242d9.jpg 

 

 

 

Wait, wait, your boat's not ready, there is no lifering bungied to the pushpit, no flare gun holstered and ready...

not even the metallic stick-on lettering on the hull for this World Record rescue attempt.:o

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norse Horse said:

Wait, wait, your boat's not ready, there is no lifering bungied to the pushpit, no flare gun holstered and ready...

not even the metallic stick-on lettering on the hull for this World Record rescue attempt.:o

Not even a fish in the rigging for crissakes...

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

   ...from  Fiji shark dive . com

                      "On The Shark Dive you will be able to experience the breathtaking sight of up to eight species of Sharks: Blacktip Reef Sharks, Whitetip Reef Sharks, Grey Reef Sharks, Silvertip Sharks, Tawny Nurse Sharks, Sicklefin Lemon Sharks, Bull Sharks and the occasional Tiger Shark."

       Note.....3 of the species have the word "reef" in their name.....   and I'm thinking the others aren't too picky about geography.

     

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

Or we could get BJ to naviguess (he's only down the road at the moment), convince JS to come down to handle the press (you and LB together would make fascinating narrators), rope in a few Aussie anarchists and sail over to look for him.

I could sell it to Discovery Channel as a humanitarian story such is the fame of ol' Rimas.

We could be the next reality TV hit series, we'll get Dylan to handle the video editing (Dylan, you'll have to throw your professionalism in the bin and make a broken sea-cock handle last an entire episode) 

Lydia can be the female attraction, with the occasional hints of exposed flesh to excite the YTérs.

Rimas could live on in for years yet! 

Edit: Scanas will have to drive, I'm planning on doing an Elliot Ness from the Deadliest Catch and develop a $200,000 cocaine habit on the way and become shamboilc raving loony that endangers the whole crew. 

Did I forget anything? 

 

 

Yep, who plays the chicken and hangin fish?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Para Handy said:

This thread constitutes the world's longest epitaph.

If we witness a Rimas resurrection I'll become one of his disciples and proselytize on his behalf on other sailing fora.

epitaph....you mean laxataph, the worlds longest case of the runs

Link to post
Share on other sites