Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

His navigation sucks. Says that he crosses 8 degrees S lat when the tracker says 9.16 S. I guuess being off by 60 NM is no big deal.

He typically only reads the first digit, so he might have been at 8.something when he started typing.

But yeah, he started in with the whole "I make great record of world history book of cross equator" thing when he was still at 0.98N, just slightly under 60 nm away.

Maybe he means that he passed from 8 to 9 quickly. Quickly for him....
  • Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

water?....I didn't know cockroaches need water! :mellow:

. ...I have to say this guy seems to be playing his drama cards........''wolf,,wolf'' <_<

Rimas Meleshyus
Wed Nov 26th, 20142:44:15 pm

450 nautical miles to pago pago samoa and 20 gal water left from 100 gal since i left of sausalito harbor what do think guys about water can i survive wish 20 ?
Speed: 1.24 mph Heading: WSW Elevation: 1.05 ft Batt: Normal Lat: -9.257193 Lon: -166.428021

Seems to me he had plentiful water if he'd have captured some of that "way too much rain"....he could have used that strange triangular shaped tarp that flaps annoyingly all day to collect some.

Hello. Sorry it was rain all the night and just stop e few min ago way too much rain but the not for long time. Its coming again i let you know guys need sun.

• November 24, 2014 19:24:45 GMT
  • 7.8355°S, 165.9849°W

Seems to me he had plentiful water if he'd have capture some of that "way too much rain"....he could have used that strange triangular shaped tarp that flaps annoyingly all day to collect some.

Hello. Sorry it was rain all the night and just stop e few min ago way too much rain but the not for long time. Its coming again i let you know guys need sun.

• 7.8355°S, 165.9849°W

That would require Rimas to act rationally.

Seems to me he had plentiful water if he'd have capture some of that "way too much rain"....he could have used that strange triangular shaped tarp that flaps annoyingly all day to collect some.

• 7.8355°S, 165.9849°W

That would require Rimas to act rationally collect rain like he said he was.

...fixerated..^^

Seems to me he had plentiful water if he'd have captured some of that "way too much rain"....he could have used that strange triangular shaped tarp that flaps annoyingly all day to collect some.

• 7.8355°S, 165.9849°W

Maybe 50 days ago, he talked about collecting water. And Jean confirmed that and said that he had plenty of water.

• 7.8355°S, 165.9849°W

Maybe 50 days ago, he talked about collecting water. And Jean confirmed that and said that he had plenty of water.

...it was a few days after he got past Hawaii

• 7.8355°S, 165.9849°W

...it was a few days after he got past Hawaii

Yes.

Let you know guys I have not bathed in months. Starting to attract birds and sharks and whales to my scent. Also, I ran out of toilet paper a while back. It's a dingleberry adventure.

That's probably not the only case of will-nots on board.

I think post of the week from FB - I think he is being funny on purpose - I think it's hilarious.

- Perhaps it is possible to make him some charts one of the connected folks could send in text (ASCII art version of PagoPago, printable characters only)

post-13551-0-91214400-1417060099_thumb.jpg

And the same poster responding to the comment that 160 Characters is the max

- That would be enough to help him fill out a grid on graph paper prefab or homemade, after agreeing on what lat/long two opposite latitudes represent and how dense the grid is: "Row 1, fill in columns 7 through 15 and 21 through 35". But that's probably expensive and if he didn't even want charts then he's most likely not interested in drawing one by hand.

Let you know guys I have not bathed in months. Starting to attract birds and sharks and whales to my scent. Also, I ran out of toilet paper a while back. It's a dingleberry adventure.

We want to see you eat a tub full of fireplace ashes...you know, just for practice.

East Timor or bust!

Yep! He'll probably wash up on the beach in front of my house

...you could use him as a party toy...I'm sure the gals would find him adorable,,

. ...especially the cute ..''can you spare change'' :mellow:

..................just get an organ grinder and you're all set!

Hmm ... 80 gal of water used in ~110 days = .7 gal (2.65l) per day.

20 gals left = ~28 days

28 days of water + 7 days of slow dehydration til death = 35 days

"Ohey guys i 35 days have life great great aadventure. Looks like no make land. Hello to Claire and Charleey, 2 gay gals met in Sausaglito. (They know sausage. I big sausage.) Die soon."

Hmm ... 80 gal of water used in ~110 days = .7 gal (2.65l) per day.

20 gals left = ~28 days

28 days of water + 7 days of slow dehydration til death = 35 days

"Ohey guys i 35 days have life great great aadventure. Looks like no make land. Hello to Claire and Charleey, 2 gay gals met in Sausaglito. (They know sausage. I big sausage.) Die soon."

giphy.gif

Where did you hear he used 80 gal to date?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if his consumption is lower than .7 gal daily.

He has said he left with 100 gal. Someone has a cite. I think I posted at the time I can't imagine where he stowed it, and another poster noted that the 800 # would slow him down some. It's no wonder he can't find anything tho you'd think after all this time it would be sorted, if only out of boredom.

A holiday shout out from our "Hero" the intrepid American Adventurer...

Pogo-stick2.jpg

Rimas Meleshyus
Thu Nov 27th, 2014 9:37:30 am

Happy thanksgiving guys !. I hopping you guys will enjoy it the best turky !. I am only enjoying what i have on the boat. Extremely light wind i hopping better
Speed: 0.62 mph Heading: SW Elevation: 1.05 ft Batt: Normal Lat: -9.457093 Lon: -166.536876

Rimas will have to make his own Thanksgiving fun. http://sailingfortuitous.com/rimas/ http://phred.org/~alex/rimas/

"Its beautiful thansgiving day on the ocean and am starting to cook for thanksgiving buttery homestyle mashed potatoes with chunk chicken fully cooked its tasty"

post-105471-0-59815500-1417115774_thumb.gif

Mmmm, seems an appropriate juncture for this story.

Some years ago while working in Police Headquarters photo lab, my wife was processing a roll of film from a crime scene.

Photo's start out pretty normal, outside of house, moving in and then a dead guy lying on floor, face down. She said it looked a bit odd, something was underneath him.

The next shot they had rolled him over and he was in a state of undress with a chicken. Yes, massive heart attack and death while being romantic with his chicken.

The real kicker though is an Officer told her a day or two later that he bred the chickens and used to give them away to his neighbours...

Some years ago while working in Police Headquarters photo lab, my wife was processing a roll of film from a crime scene.

Photo's start out pretty normal, outside of house, moving in and then a dead guy lying on floor, face down. She said it looked a bit odd, something was underneath him.

The next shot they had rolled him over and he was in a state of undress with a chicken. Yes, massive heart attack and death while being romantic with his chicken.

The real kicker though is an Officer told her a day or two later that he bred the chickens and used to give them away to his neighbours...

. .......-stuffed- and battered chicken indeed I hop y'all have a good T'G.

...Rimas reminds me how much I can be thankful for! :)

Rimas will have to make his own Thanksgiving fun. http://sailingfortuitous.com/rimas/ http://phred.org/~alex/rimas/

"Its beautiful thansgiving day on the ocean and am starting to cook for thanksgiving buttery homestyle mashed potatoes with chunk chicken fully cooked its tasty"

Dare you to click on the chicken gif...

Almost 10 nm today for Rimas. It appears he has chosen Pago Pago for his landfall.

"110 days at sea on thanksgiving day. Please let to know to master harbor of pago pago if give it my information online when and what day i will be on tracker. " at -9.5581,-166.6423

post-105471-0-45153600-1417140127_thumb.jpg

Ok, thanks. So, while on the subject, there really isn't any reason for going to Japan either, right? Is there any reason not to pass north of Australia and cross the Indian Ocean?

...there was some word of a romantic interest in Japan.

. ...not to mention his great great abilities as a linguist :P ,,,interpreter. :mellow:

Based on his Delorme posts so far I've never gotten the impression he is a particularly cunning linguist.

East Timor or bust!

Yep! He'll probably wash up on the beach in front of my house

...you could use him as a party toy...I'm sure the gals would find him adorable,,

. ...especially the cute ..''can you spare change'' :mellow:

..................just get an organ grinder and you're all set!

post-67665-0-83635200-1417147093_thumb.jpg Well I gots no computer skillz but If you could paste him on this next to that " Party Toy" ..that would be cool

Ok, thanks. So, while on the subject, there really isn't any reason for going to Japan either, right? Is there any reason not to pass north of Australia and cross the Indian Ocean?

...there was some word of a romantic interest in Japan.

. ...not to mention his great great abilities as a linguist :P ,,,interpreter. :mellow:

Based on his Delorme posts so far I've never gotten the impression he is a particularly" cunning linguist."

He only does that with chickens dude

If there are any enabler/handlers reading…

Rimas's survival in Samoa may depend on going the church route. Samoans are devout Christians. I know Rimas has benefitted from the Church's good works before so he can make it work again.

There is something Biblical about Rimas and storms. None have got him so far, which must be a miracle.

...ahh yes of course!....th'chicken lady explain's -everything-!! :wub:

Rimas is time travelling… its been right in front of our noses all this time

The Space/Time Vortex exists outside of any normal frame of reference. Within it, light, darkness, matter and energy all blend, divide, shift and change. It underlies the whole of Creation, touching the normal Universe only slightly. Its pathways are twisted, unstable and hard to follow. A journey through these strange dimensions might take a moment and carry a traveller a million years and a billion light years from his/her/its origin. Alternatively, a journey of months in the Vortex might end in a shift of six feet and ten days in conventional space. Without being able to calculate the pathways, there is simply no telling.

....call the press! :mellow: .......

Rimas Meleshyus
Fri Nov 28th, 20145:10:15 pm

Only 404 miles away from one of the most beautiful island on the planet-American samoa. I read it so many articles about this island all articles it was awesome
Speed: 1.24 mph Heading: WSW Elevation: -5.61 ft Batt: Low Lat: -9.764871 Lon: -166.880350

Rimas Meleshyus

Only 404 miles away from one of the most beautiful island on the planet-American samoa. I read it so many articles about this island all articles it was awesome

Speed: [/size]1.24 mph Heading: [/size]WSW Elevation: [/size]-5.61 ft Batt: [/size]Low Lat: [/size]-9.764871 Lon: [/size]-166.880350

none of his enablers thought to mount some oar locks on that turd ?

Rimas Meleshyus

Speed: [/size]1.24 mph Heading: [/size]WSW Elevation: [/size]-5.61 ft Batt: [/size]Low Lat: [/size]-9.764871 Lon: [/size]-166.880350

...finally!...something google files doesn't have a picture for! :rolleyes:

Rimas Meleshyus

So you put 'oarlocks' and 'turd' into Google?? … you are bored!

Rimas 404!

post-4713-0-26104200-1417276982_thumb.jpg

Only 404 miles away

404 is the web server response for "not found", let's hope that is not ominous !

• Good morning guys i know guys waiting for information from me is not much golng on the mostly clouds are useless some as wind daytime a big heat very rare rain
    • November 29, 2014 18:10:45 GMT
    • 9.9499°S, 167.0733°W

He knows you're bored.

Rimas Meleshyus

maybe I can teleport my mental picture of the tard rowing the turd over to google .

• Good morning guys i know guys now have information from me is are useless some as wind daytime a big heat very rare rain not much golng on the mostly clouds
    • 9.9499°S, 167.0733°W

He knows you're bored.

...fixerated for clearer comprehension...^^.

....how is it that a team of top-racers can hurtle into an island at ~20kts,,,,and Rimas just drifts-on-by!? :blink::wacko:

. .....life. is.not. fair. <_<

Rimas Meleshyus

Speed: 1.24 mph Heading: WSW Elevation: -5.61 ft Batt: Low Lat: -9.764871 Lon: -166.880350

this seems to be a precursor to a "fade to black"....

• The longest voyage in the american history in a san juan 24 continue. Only 380 miles to the american samoa could you believe it guys ! need a spinniker

• November 30, 2014 00:18:00 GMT

• 10.0121°S, 167.1103°W

post-105471-0-64045500-1417320967_thumb.jpg

This is the pic that for me put Rimas in his assigned placement, IMHO.

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=111885880639457615550&aid=5762265122369310913&id=5762265158704225778&viewportWidth=320&viewportHeight=416

HE took that picture, and distributed it trying to drum up money for the boat he's on now. In one simple photograph it is all that is wrong with Rimas, and all that is great.

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#album/111885880639457615550/5762265122369310913

We really need to find a way to get him a spinnaker. And a new camera card, I guess. I'm dying to see what he would do with it.

For the first time, I feel inspired to contribute something to this Great Adventure. But I don't have a spinnaker.

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/zoom?uname=111885880639457615550&aid=5762265122369310913&id=5762265158704225778&viewportWidth=320&viewportHeight=416

HE took that picture, and distributed it trying to drum up money for the boat he's on now. In one simple photograph it is all that is wrong with Rimas, and all that is great.

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#album/111885880639457615550/5762265122369310913

We really need to find a way to get him a spinnaker. And a new camera card, I guess. I'm dying to see what he would do with it.

at least one pair of pants , considering he wears them around his neck .

• Good morning guys i know guys now have information from me is are useless some as wind daytime a big heat very rare rain not much golng on the mostly clouds
    • 9.9499°S, 167.0733°W

He knows you're bored.

...fixerated for clearer comprehension...^^.

....how is it that a team of top-racers can hurtle into an island at ~20kts,,,,and Rimas just drifts-on-by!? :blink::wacko:

. .....life. is.not. fair. <_<

because at 1.2kts he just bumps n rolls away...Team V needed a him onboard as a mascot

For the first time, I feel inspired to contribute something to this Great Adventure. But I don't have a spinnaker.

I've actually got two spare SJ24 spinnakers sitting in my garage, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to ship them all the way to American Samoa!

Rimas was learning the language of Samoan's, good on him.

I've actually got two spare SJ24 spinnakers sitting in my garage, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to ship them all the way to American Samoa!

I think something can be worked out for shipping if your offer is still standing in early Dec. The big question is if Rimas can rig it, fly it and douse it. Rimas-ize it and use it as an assym. perhaps. Imagine if the spinnaker had a giant OHEY on it !

Last night's last message from the drifter. Learning Samoan, the cunning L. http://phred.org/~alex/rimas/ http://sailingfortuitous.com/rimas/

"I can not waite this one of the most a beautiful island on the planet-American samoa. In samoan hello-Talofa. I am learning now samoan language. Good night guys" at -10.0848,-167.1447 (0.0nm N

post-105471-0-55570100-1417359876_thumb.jpg

I think something can be worked out for shipping if your offer is still standing in early Dec. The big question is if Rimas can rig it, fly it and douse it. Rimas-ize it and use it as an assym. perhaps. Imagine if the spinnaker had a giant OHEY on it !

I like the idea, Tom Ray can pay for the shipping. But what are the odds that Rimas drifts past yet another planned stop????

Plump Birds, I wonder ?. Dream,tropical heat hallucination or another dimensia dimension in time. This mornings messages.

• 0.2 hours ago: "The bird was on my boat all night just left a few min ago. The wind gust very strongly e fer hours i took away main sail only storm jib now back again " at -10.3704,-167.3255 (0.0nm N)
  • 0.5 hours ago: "Good morning guys. I have news yesterday itwas already dark the bird bring to me happyness about five the strong gust i made it 25 miles it just bird left 6 min" at -10.3636,-167.3230

post-105471-0-19933100-1417370033_thumb.jpg

... .... ...

I like the idea, Tom Ray can pay for the shipping. But what are the odds that Rimas drifts past yet another planned stop????

WTF? Spinnaker? San Juan 24?? Hello-o!

If you all team up to send Rimas a spinnaker, and he figures out some Rimasized way to fly it, he won't be drifting.

He'll be broaching <rim shot>

FB- Doug

... .... ...

WTF? Spinnaker? San Juan 24?? Hello-o!

If you all team up to send Rimas a spinnaker, and he figures out some Rimasized way to fly it, he won't be drifting.

He'll be broaching