Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Look at it this way.

To most of us - sailing is not working.

Rimas was offered a glorious payday for sailing (around the island). But he rejected it - too much like work!

I cannot envision any connection between that four letter word above and sailing boating trawlering or any other activity upon the seas. I can admit to the druggery of chores but that aint work. Even those sometimes boring night watches are not even remotely related to _ _ _ _.

I would say we are as similiar to Rimas as a flea is to a ships cat

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

Me too. Unfortunately, I posted something in Arabic yesterday, and it was promptly deleted. They could have googled it like I did and found it wasn't awful like a felafel but no, better to use that heavy handed censorshit CF is sooooooo known for.

The weather has been good to Rimas, although now there are winter swells from 2 directions, so he may be bouncing around in the harbor.

I wonder if he fixed his winch yet ? He has a reason to not do the round the island challenge.

http://www.weather.gov/ppg/AFDPPG

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION FOR AMERICAN SAMOA AND INDEPENDENT SAMOA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PAGO PAGO AS
159 PM SST FRI JAN 23 2015

.SHORT TERM...
TONIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT...AN ACTIVE MONSOONAL TROUGH TO THE
NORTH OF THE ISLANDS WILL REMAIN NEARLY STATIONARY THROUGH SUNDAY
BEFORE MOVING SOUTH ACROSS ON MONDAY. IN THE AFTERNOON...RAOB
CONTINUES TO DEPICT A DRY AND STABLE PROFILE FOR THE ISLANDS.
ASCAT SWATH FROM THIS MORNING REVEALS STRONG WESTERLIES ALONG THE
AXIS. FOR THE SHORT TERM...EXPECT MINIMAL SHOWERS AND LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS. IN TRANSITION UPON THE ARRIVAL OF THE MONSOONAL
TROUGH EXPECT INCREASING CLOUDINESS ON SUNDAY NIGHT.

.LONG TERM...
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY...MODELS ARE ONCE AGAIN BRINGING IN A
TOTALLY NEW SCENARIO. A LOW IS NOW EXPECTED TO DEVELOP NEAR TUVALU
ON MONDAY AND THEN SLOWLY MOVE EASTWARD. SOME MODELS ARE BRINGING
THE LOW ACROSS THE ISLANDS ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT WHILE OTHERS ARE
TRACKING IT SLIGHTLY TO THE SOUTHWEST. HOWEVER WITH THE DESCEND OF
THE MONSOONAL TROUGH...WILL AMEND THE PREVIOUS FCST TO INCREASE
WINDS TO BREEZY CONDITIONS. THEREFORE EXPECT WET WEATHER AND
BREEZY NORTHERLIES TO DOMINATE THE LONG TERM.

&&

.MARINE...
HAZARDOUS SEAS AND SURFS ARE OBSERVED ALONG ALL SHORES OF THE
ISLANDS. A COMBINATION OF THE NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN SWELLS HAVE
BOMBARDED COASTAL WATERS AND SHORES TODAY AND WILL PERSIST BEFORE
SUNDAY MORNING.

&&

.PPG WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
HSA REMAINS IN EFFECT
SCA REMAINS IN EFFECT

&&

$$

MALALA

Rumor has it rod left the bay... Odds he makes OZ before Rimas????

(obviously this means Rod has no rutters so he will drift right by Hilo as well)

Rod?

He's a character in another movie that's running right now, right here.

(obviously this means Rod has no rutters so he will drift right by Hilo as well)

Rod?

thanks, maybe i should watch it were do i find it?

Rod?

Make sure you start at the beginning, or you won't get the jokes. http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=126442

I think this long dry spell indicates Rimas is reading this thread. And is cogitating. OR, the enablers have shoved some dough at him and he's now off our grid.

He collected his first cheque, he's in AM, he doesn't need enablers anymore.

Until he bites a finger I'm guessing its gonna be a long time before he moves, and we'll never hear from him again.

Until he hits Jean up for bail money somewhere.

I suspect rimas is just on hiatus enjoying the hospitality that AS has to offer. As soon as the honeymoon is over, the campaigning will resume.

On the other hand , he may have bled the facebook fund drive dry and is focusing his panhandling techniques on the local population.

Rod?

Rod, Hot

....could it be sink-or-swim time for Rimas?

...if indeed the world has wizened to his ways,,and all outer generosities have become contingent on Rimas displaying skills which he seems to stubbornly refuse to grovel for,,,,then it's up to Rimass to 'swim' in his new circumstance. He's shown a lifetime of practice in creatively doing... very. little. It may seem strange to you or I that he wouldn't learn the skills necessary to capitalize on the one little 'detail' that's holding up the current crusade,,but that's Rimas for you........always looking for a more effective way to do ....very. little.

......With the religious fervor on that island, I expect he's already gotten the suitable attire and is working up his own personal angle of......... the second coming!! :rolleyes:

....could it be sink-or-swim time for Rimas?

...if indeed the world has wizened to his ways,,and all outer generosities have become contingent on Rimas displaying skills which he seems to stubbornly refuse to grovel for,,,,then it's up to Rimass to 'swim' in his new circumstance. He's shown a lifetime of practice in creatively doing... very. little. It may seem strange to you or I that he wouldn't learn the skills necessary to capitalize on the one little 'detail' that's holding up the current crusade,,but that's Rimas for you........always looking for a more effective way to do ....very. little.

......With the religious fervor on that island, I expect he's already gotten the suitable attire and is working up his own personal angle of......... the second coming!! :rolleyes:

chuckle....I think you may be on to something.....However, Rimas has spent what 65 years perfecting his present technique so don't be surprised if he is a mite slow in adapting. But, if someone would do it for him now that is possible.......naw....

Sure wish I could reliably post pics. Whether they do or not seems PFR (pretty fucking random!) There must be directions somewhere that I haven't read.

Also, anyone know why my avatar/info indicates "0 Warning Points?" Have they tracked mefrom elsewhere and know I will be getting some? <_<

Sure wish I could reliably post pics. Whether they do or not seems PFR (pretty fucking random!) There must be directions somewhere that I haven't read.

Also, anyone know why my avatar/info indicates "0 Warning Points?" Have they tracked mefrom elsewhere and know I will be getting some? <_<

Take it to FAQ Anarchy.

I'm warning you. Not sure it will show up.

The FAQ way got me an error message. The above result was from a Rclick copy, then CtrV on here. Of course I was trying to show the actual tits. My genes are in the music behind the great babe. artworks-000049302437-4r6pjf-t500x500.jp

This result was from a CTL V, then R click paste. Wonder why the complications? Oh yeah, GO THE RIMAS!

Edited by Blue Crab

....geez,,it's not that difficult crab cousin.....many pics just copy,paste,,but otherwise you Rclick,,save picture,,then go to 'more reply options' on bottom right of reply page,,then 'attach files' at bottom left......easy peasy! :)

498ca327732210395249321e15ee42f565055d46

I hear you and have read this before in the FAQ. (pause as I'm opening another window) ...

post-67808-0-93443300-1422474422_thumb.jpg

This time it worked but usually when I hit more reply options, the browse/attach process doesn't even appear. Maybe it's the meds.

When the pic was here, I got the error message; when pic deleted, this was the result. Appreciate the thoughts. Funny that's so weird; particularly when the attach box doesn't even appear. Here's just a copy and paste: maybe ...

Nope:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I hear you and have read this before in the FAQ. (pause as I'm opening another window) ...

attachicon.gifjack-nicholson-sailor-cigar-banner.jpg

This time it worked but usually when I hit more reply options, the browse/attach process doesn't even appear. Maybe it's the meds.

...the browse,attach option doesn't appear in GeneralA,,but otherwise seems okay to me.

...this one was an easy drag'n paste...can you tell? :rolleyes:

002.jpg

Eyebleach please. You had to drag it. No way is anyone picking that thing up.

Where is that fucking Rimas? We need that cockroach.

I'm pretty sure he's inside Miss Great White Whale. I think she ate him.

Or he's hidden externally, within her folds. Much like Guy and Mrs. Rod.

...the browse,attach option doesn't appear in GeneralA,,but otherwise seems okay to me.

002.jpg

She looks like a lady i once Knew i named two bottles.....I know, but the truth is she did have real talent if you know what i mean. Wish i still knew her

She looks like a lady i once Knew i named two bottles.....I know, but the truth is she did have real talent if you know what i mean. Wish i still knew her

{gag}

For the non-Facebook crowd, the following update was posted a week ago in a comment:

Leua Aiono Frost WE HAVE MET UP WITH RICHARD, RIMAS HAS HIS BAG OF GOODIES AND ENVELOPE, THANKS AND RIMAS IS FOREVER GRATEFUL.

So Shannon's package and envelope arrived safely.

I checked out Mr. Frost's public page. He's large in that Samoan way. I think his biceps are about the size of my waist.

post-67808-0-27058100-1422531630.jpg

The aforementioned Mr Frost:

Rimas' BS factor must be better than imagined. Plus, they're taking him at his word. He did manage to show up one day in his "own" boat. He'd could have finessed the needing a tow in. By now, he's had his choice of island women or boys, and is referrring to himself as Lord Rimas, Master and Commander of the Ocean Seas. I may have mixed my movie metaphors or similarities ... whatever. I'm still wondering why he's being enabled by folks who know he's a fraud.

attachicon.gif1016949_1440971036149634_6328852664673972831_n.jpg

Rimas' BS factor must be better than imagined. Plus, they're taking him at his word. He did manage to show up one day in his "own" boat. He'd could have finessed the needing a tow in. By now, he's had his choice of island women or boys, and is referrring to himself as Lord Rimas, Master and Commander of the Ocean Seas. I may have mixed my movie metaphors or similarities ... whatever. I'm still wondering why he's being enabled by folks who know he's a fraud.

Leua Frost is a woman. https://www.linkedin.com/pub/leua-aiono-frost/40/ba3/bb9

Rims needs no food shipments. Shannon sent him mashed potatoes via personal delivery. Check out Ms. Frost's FB page and you'll see some photos of our spiffy hero.

attachicon.gif1016949_1440971036149634_6328852664673972831_n.jpg

maybe on his last stop in ca. he loaded a cargo of ca. gold the main crop of humbolt county?

Rimas put out a Delorme message 36 hrs ago. http://phred.org/~alex/rimas/

http://sailingfortuitous.com/rimas/

• 34.8 hours ago: "Greetings everyone. I am ready to challenge The Horn. I want to be in the record books on this boat. I can't do it without your support. I leave in may. " at -14.2758,-170.6924 (0.0nm N)

Will anyone support him ? Or will he be stuck in A.S. ? https://fundly.com/rimas-around-the-world

I must agree with Blue Crab; Rimas does not write grammatically correct or properly phrased words such as that last entry???

Jean, or Shannon??

Greetings everyone is a bit out of the ordinary too. A better imitation would have begun, "Guys I am ready to challenge the Horn..."

Even that is not very good. He wouldn't say "challenge the Horn." Not sure what he would say, but he'd never use "everyone" when he means "guys."

I must agree with Blue Crab; Rimas does not write grammatically correct or properly phrased words such as that last entry???

Jean, or Shannon??

Greetings everyone is a bit out of the ordinary too. A better imitation would have begun, "Guys I am ready to challenge the Horn..."

Even that is not very good. He wouldn't say "challenge the Horn." Not sure what he would say, but he'd never use "everyone" when he means "guys."

I think he sometimes copies phrases he's seen recently in his mouldering stack of National Geographic, Cruising World, and Latitude.

Plus, he's ashore now and not in the middle of being alone and sleep deprived for several months.

attachicon.gif1102247.jpg

Here's the one thing I like about Fox News. Think how much O'Reilly must hate her for her upstartedness, and yet how much he'd like to do her. That, we have in common.

She's a very handsome woman.

Is that post-op Bruce Jenner?

all women are beautiful and get better with each drink. But at their best when sleeping and unable to give instructions.......

Interview coming up soon, and a bonus shot of a cabintop halyard clutch, complete with bedding goop! Strangely, there is no line passing through the clutch.

For the nonfriends of Rimas Facebook:

January, 29 2015 Today was meeting with Dr, Richard Wagner from Washington state in Pago Pago American Samoa clinic, it was taken interview about sailing solo around the world.

10334293_400463643445874_884172678931613
Like · · Share

But wait, there's more!

January 30 2015 This going to be the biggest news in the American history, sailing in a San Juan 24 Today I received money $ 200 dollars donation from California.Thank you so much. This money will be use for phone calls and internet and food.

10410976_400466686778903_792336959836153

Interview coming up soon, and a bonus shot of a cabintop halyard clutch, complete with bedding goop! Strangely, there is no line passing through the clutch.

For the nonfriends of Rimas Facebook:

January, 29 2015 Today was meeting with Dr, Richard Wagner from Washington state in Pago Pago American Samoa clinic, it was taken interview about sailing solo around the world.

10334293_400463643445874_884172678931613
Like · · Share

I take it back, there is a halyard in the black clutch upon zooming in.

But wait, there's more!

January 30 2015 This going to be the biggest news in the American history, sailing in a San Juan 24 Today I received money $ 200 dollars donation from California.Thank you so much. This money will be use for phone calls and internet and food.

Can this be proof of the elusive upwind mode? Look at the flags, main centered and jib hanked on forestay with sheet tensioned. That's upwind, doubters.

Jib still isn't on the forestay. Guess I'll have to try that. Flag etiquette is shaky. And is he daysailing?

jib appears to be attached. Looks like a spare halyard up there. Flags are code for "help! I spent my money on code flags rather than charts". And a wooden handrail probably isn't the safest attachment point for a harness.

Jib still isn't on the forestay. Guess I'll have to try that. Flag etiquette is shaky. And is he daysailing?

I think the line to the left of the forestay is a spare halyard affixed to the bow pulpit. The jib hanks are hooked to *something* and forestay tension is slack for maximum speed in light conditions. Go the Rimas!

But wait, there's more!

Can this be proof of the elusive upwind mode? Look at the flags, main centered and jib hanked on forestay with sheet tensioned. That's upwind, doubters.
Flags appear to show apparent wind on beam, waves appear to be aft the beam. I doubt any conclusion can be made from sail trim, his trimming technique is random.

Hmm, let's look them signal flags up. US Edition of ICOS book. His flags read Bravo-Delta-Hotel-Alpha-illegible.

Book reads "I have established communications with aircraft in distress on xxx kilohertz." Cryptic to say the least.

But wait, there's more!

Flags appear to show apparent wind on beam, waves appear to be aft the beam. I doubt any conclusion can be made from sail trim, his trimming technique is random.

Disagree. Flags appear to be at 45° apparent, maybe closer up higher, and waves clearly show he's going upwind. I'm guessing 4-7kn true windspeed based on sea state.

It's true, Rimas can go upwind in benign conditions!

But wait, there's more!

Disagree. Flags appear to be at 45° apparent, maybe closer up higher, and waves clearly show he's going upwind. I'm guessing 4-7kn true windspeed based on sea state.

It's true, Rimas can go upwind in benign conditions!

Or, whoever was driving the boat and taking the picture can go upwind...

Update! His Fundly goal is four grand due in the next two months, perfect for heading to Cape Horn in May. Two grand donated donated up to about a month ago, not so much since his arrival in American Samoa. Come on folks, donate now!

https://fundly.com/rimas-around-the-world#

He'll never get within 3000 miles of Cape Horn. If (big if) he manages to repair his boat, he'll drift downwind towards Asia. No doubt it will be the biggest news in American History.

Update! His Fundly goal is four grand due in the next two months, perfect for heading to Cape Horn in May. Two grand donated donated up to about a month ago, not so much since his arrival in American Samoa. Come on folks, donate now!

https://fundly.com/rimas-around-the-world#

He'll never get within 3000 miles of Cape Horn. If (big if) he manages to repair his boat, he'll drift downwind towards Asia. No doubt it will be the biggest news in American History.

Whut in the heck are you talking about? He bought the boat for $500, had a life ring and some food donated, lost his raft and outboard. There's no need for repair, the boat is still in roughly the same condition as when he bought it. He only needs to replenish ship's stores (read food, water and reading materials) and off he can go again into the high seas. The boat is not the problem.