Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

So if he drifts to China, ditches the San Juan 24 Foot, walks across the Eurasian continent, purchases another San Juan 24 Foot, drifts across the Atlantic to Central America, and then walks up to San Francisco. Wouldn't that be worthy of a Guinness record?

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

So if he drifts to China, ditches the San Juan 24 Foot, walks across the Eurasian continent, purchases another San Juan 24 Foot, drifts across the Atlantic to Central America, and then walks up to San Francisco. Wouldn't that be worthy of a Guinness record?

What category? World record pan-handling?

Prevailing trade winds are SE at American Samoa, which puts him on the east coast of AUS at no better than a broad reach.

RimasLuck and divine intervention wind routing would set him up to get south to NZ then maybe on to his stated goal.

American Samoa is the center of this jpeg

and this animated map.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/ocean/surface/currents/orthographic=-170.692367553711,-14.275842666626,2500/grid=on

post-105471-0-58089500-1422814927_thumb.jpg

But wait, there's more!

January 30 2015 This going to be the biggest news in the American history, sailing in a San Juan 24 Today I received money $ 200 dollars donation from California.Thank you so much. This money will be use for phone calls and internet and food.

10410976_400466686778903_792336959836153

Can this be proof of the elusive upwind mode? Look at the flags, main centered and jib hanked on forestay with sheet tensioned. That's upwind, doubters.

Not just upwind. He is flying two sails at the same time!!!!!!!!
Who took the picture?

Any way to determine when and where was the picture taken?

Since he announced his $200 windfall shortly after meeting with Dr.Wagner, Shannon's friend, am betting that's where the money came from - not from new and admiring donors.

Since he announced his $200 windfall shortly after meeting with Dr.Wagner, Shannon's friend, am betting that's where the money came from - not from new and admiring donors.

Yes, most probably... it's where the food came from. I wonder if the good doctor took any pictures of the boat in its current state.

Yes, most probably... it's where the food came from. I wonder if the good doctor took any pictures of the boat in its current state.

I think Rimas went to the clinic to be interviewed about his record-breaking voyage pick up his charity package.

Jib still isn't on the forestay. Guess I'll have to try that. Flag etiquette is shaky. And is he daysailing?

Rimas sailing?..........chuckle....Does anyone have any evidence that he can sail? I mean this guy has been in port for what, six weeks, and in that time he was unable to think of a way to earn any money. With his amply demonstrated mental prowness I would nbot wager that he even knew what a jib was let alone a sail. What do you think he had that fish hanging for so long for......maybe for use as a sail?????

Thinking about my last posting and evidence accumulated since his voyage began has led me to believe his brain is obviously pickled beyond recovery on mashed tater's and wodka. To save Rimas from Davy Jones maybe we should make an attempt to have him committed for his own safety?

The guy has been fun to follow and the last thing i want is to watch a mental invalid attempt the horn which is a death sentence for sure.

Thinking about my last posting and evidence accumulated since his voyage began has led me to believe his brain is obviously pickled beyond recovery on mashed tater's and wodka. To save Rimas from Davy Jones maybe we should make an attempt to have him committed for his own safety?

The guy has been fun to follow and the last thing i want is to watch a mental invalid attempt the horn which is a death sentence for sure.

...I'd think that's going too far. I believe that Rimas is conscious enough of what he's doing to let him do it,,,but I don't plan on supporting what i.m.h.o. will sooner or later be his demise. I certainly wouldn't wish a mental institution on anyone**.

.....**......on 2nd thoughts,,,there's one or two posters on these pages <_< ........

...I'd think that's going too far. I believe that Rimas is conscious enough of what he's doing to let him do it,,,but I don't plan on supporting what i.m.h.o. will sooner or later be his demise. I certainly wouldn't wish a mental institution on anyone**.

.....**......on 2nd thoughts,,,there's one or two posters on these pages <_< ........

in ca were i'm at its common fo people to visit a shrink a few times then get put on ssi and into different programs designed for those with simiar mental issues. mental hospitals??? here in the states reagan closed most of them down long ago and thats when they started the special programs. the only one i'm aware of still open only real basket cases and those criminally insane. Rimas would just be given a check and a social worker to get him a room and to make sure he takes care of himself

I see no evidence of any mental illness in this man, unless you want to adopt the old practice of applying that labelling to anyone who doesn't conform to societal norms.

The way he is going about things wouldn't be my way, and evidently it wouldn't be yours. But so far as most of the world's population is concerned, anyone setting off alone to cross oceans in a small boat is a fool, however well-prepared they are. If you want to go down the route of applying psychiatric labels to people who undertake ill-prepared adventures against the odds, be careful; it might be you who gets labelled next.

It's Rimas's life, not yours. By all means, feel free to warn him of your assessment of the dangers he faces, and low probability of coming out alive, never mind completing his voyage. But don't try to make his choices for him.

I see no evidence of any mental illness in this man, unless you want to adopt the old practice of applying that labelling to anyone who doesn't conform to societal norms.

The way he is going about things wouldn't be my way, and evidently it wouldn't be yours. But so far as most of the world's population is concerned, anyone setting off alone to cross oceans in a small boat is a fool, however well-prepared they are. If you want to go down the route of applying psychiatric labels to people who undertake ill-prepared adventures against the odds, be careful; it might be you who gets labelled next.

It's Rimas's life, not yours. By all means, feel free to warn him of your assessment of the dangers he faces, and low probability of coming out alive, never mind completing his voyage. But don't try to make his choices for him.

I see signs of mental illness, but I'm not a shrink so idk.

But wait, there's more!

January 30 2015 This going to be the biggest news in the American history, sailing in a San Juan 24 Today I received money $ 200 dollars donation from California.Thank you so much. This money will be use for phone calls and internet and food.

Can this be proof of the elusive upwind mode? Look at the flags, main centered and jib hanked on forestay with sheet tensioned. That's upwind, doubters.

Who took the picture?

This might be some other passage. I think there is a jackline running alongside the cabin, the faint yellow there. But I don't see the iconic orange life ring, nor the puzzling wooden board that was usually on the starboard side -- though it may just be out of the picture. And Rimas never spoke about remote control photo capability. If I recall, he always did selfies.

You don't see anything a little odd about the increasingly loud claims that he's making a historically remarkable voyage beyond any achievement since Kon Tiki?

He's either delusional or intentionally inflating his achievements to get attention.

Or deliberately manipulative, betting at each step that Jean will bail him out.

Latest from Facebook....

February, 2 2015 Pago Pago, American Sama with my friends on transit dock

1509862_401175193374719_8020789534431391

Looks like he has a dinghy (of sorts) again. Unfortunately, it's blocking the portside winch so we can't tell if it's still missing some important bits.

Been perusing his Facebook pictures and found this: (click to enlarge)

post-452-0-89497900-1422908327_thumb.jpg

Rimas's boat has a Coast Guard Auxiliary courtesy vessel safety check sticker dated 2013! Ya' don't get one of those without ticking off a long list of requirements including flares, throwable flotation, life jackets, pollution and trash plaques, bilge pump(s), sound producing devices, ventilation, fire extinguisher(s), nav lights, MSD, and #15, overall vessel condition. Most interesting is recommended discussion items including Offshore Operations, Nautical Charts/Navigation, Survival Tips and Maritime Domain Awareness. My opinion of the condition of his boat and Rimas's skill set has risen several notches.

Our "Hero" makes a plea for more Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes along with some other grandiose claims:

NEED YOUR SUPPORT THE GREAT, GREAT VOYAGE AROUND THE WORLD ONE YEAR SUPPLY FOOD.

oney can be send it to the Western Union Pago Pago American Samoa.

Food supply can be send it to this adress will be Rimas Meleshyus General Dilivery Pago Pago American Samoa 96799

I am the first sailor in America tocircumnavigate the globe in a San Juan 24 foot sailboat

10417654_401185983373640_447470381958789

Been perusing his Facebook pictures and found this: (click to enlarge)

attachicon.gifsafetysitcker.jpg

Rimas's boat has a Coast Guard Auxiliary courtesy vessel safety check sticker dated 2013! Ya' don't get one of those without ticking off a long list of requirements including flares, throwable flotation, life jackets, pollution and trash plaques, bilge pump(s), sound producing devices, ventilation, fire extinguisher(s), nav lights, MSD, and #15, overall vessel condition. Most interesting is recommended discussion items including Offshore Operations, Nautical Charts/Navigation, Survival Tips and Maritime Domain Awareness. My opinion of the condition of his boat and Rimas's skill set has risen several notches.

...my opinion of Jean's covering liability issues has gone up a notch,,nothing else. :mellow:

Our "Hero" displaying alternative backstay rigging techniques. I am at bit of loss of words. The sea is very deep blue though...

December, 2 2014 The South Pacific, voyage from San Francisco to American Samoa 120 days at sea over 4,000 miles , this May will be continue my voyage to Chile-South America in a San Juan 24

10904435_401204033371835_666175388569362

But wait, there's more!

Who took the picture?

This might be some other passage. I think there is a jackline running alongside the cabin, the faint yellow there. But I don't see the iconic orange life ring, nor the puzzling wooden board that was usually on the starboard side -- though it may just be out of the picture. And Rimas never spoke about remote control photo capability. If I recall, he always did selfies.

A video was circulated earlier that showed Rimas clipping along on a well tended boat - sporting good trim.

Somebody else was doing the trimming.

Our "Hero" displaying alternative backstay rigging techniques. I am at bit of loss of words. The sea is very deep blue though...

December, 2 2014 The South Pacific, voyage from San Francisco to American Samoa 120 days at sea over 4,000 miles , this May will be continue my voyage to Chile-South America in a San Juan 24

WHAT IN THE FUCK?!?!

your absolutely right. But what does one do if a person we have become close to, even if via the internet, begins to make decisions that no normal person would make and which are likely to cost that persons life? So easy to look the other way and look for new entertainment but that just isn't my style, is it yours? I think we as somewhat knowledgeable seafarers owe him to make some attempt to prevent him from what we all agree is almost certain suicide. I mean we can all just sit back and watch him perform a stunt like going over Niagra Falls in a flimsy barrel or we can do something like initiate the process in which he will recieve a mental evaluation. Then if he gets lost at sea or turns up frozen in an ice flow we can at least say we tried to save him.

.......what does one do if a person we have become close to, even if via the internet, begins to make decisions that no normal person would make and which are likely to cost that persons life? So easy to look the other way and look for new entertainment but that just isn't my style, is it yours? I think we as somewhat knowledgeable seafarers owe him to make some attempt to prevent him from what we all agree is almost certain suicide. I mean we can all just sit back and watch him perform a stunt like going over Niagra Falls in a flimsy barrel or we can do something like initiate the process in which he will recieve a mental evaluation. Then if he gets lost at sea or turns up frozen in an ice flow we can at least say we tried to save him.

.....I'd think that creating firm conditions that he demonstrates an ability to sail upwind before funds and support are available would cover this. Anything less is supporting his demise.

.......what does one do if a person we have become close to, even if via the internet, begins to make decisions that no normal person would make and which are likely to cost that persons life? So easy to look the other way and look for new entertainment but that just isn't my style, is it yours? I think we as somewhat knowledgeable seafarers owe him to make some attempt to prevent him from what we all agree is almost certain suicide. I mean we can all just sit back and watch him perform a stunt like going over Niagra Falls in a flimsy barrel or we can do something like initiate the process in which he will recieve a mental evaluation. Then if he gets lost at sea or turns up frozen in an ice flow we can at least say we tried to save him.

.....I'd think that creating firm conditions that he demonstrates an ability to sail upwind before funds and support are available would cover this. Anything less is supporting his demise.

I agree. Rimas has always looked the other way when there has been any mention of his learning new skills and what you proposed would require he learn, you know, use his brain.<smile>......I believe like someone mentioned earlier that Rimas has spent his whole life living off others and getting others to work for him out of the kindness of their hearts so I doubt he is likely to change. He shy's away from learning, work, like an atheist from church

...yeh,,,he wouldn't be the first grifter,,business or drifter to use the 'another fool around the corner' approach to business and fundraising. The best that the current set of fools can both show care for Rimas and mitigate one's own implied liability is to maintain this conditionality. I doubt that most of us here count for much with Rimas,,as much as how Jean ,his primary supporter, handles things.

. ........time will tell. :mellow:

"

.....I'd think that creating firm conditions that he demonstrates an ability to sail upwind before funds and support are available would cover this. Anything less is supporting his demise."

<_< ....I think the locals are like,"PLEASE SEND THIS GUY MONEY TO GET HIM THE HELL OUTA HERE!! FAST!!!"

"

.....I'd think that creating firm conditions that he demonstrates an ability to sail upwind before funds and support are available would cover this. Anything less is supporting his demise."

<_< ....I think the locals are like,"PLEASE SEND THIS GUY MONEY TO GET HIM THE HELL OUTA HERE!! FAST!!!"

well what I'm sure Rimas is well aware of is the fact that if he bides his time long enough the" please get this guy outa here fast" will turn into ok we will give him anything he needs to get him outa here fast and that is what he is hopeing for. I have a problem with people with this attitude. If on the other hand he was mnaking an effort to help earn money and truing to learn proper sailing i would be number one in line to help.... but he isnt, he just sits there with his hand out.....grrrrr

A video was circulated earlier that showed Rimas clipping along on a well tended boat - sporting good trim.

Somebody else was doing the trimming.

Negatory. I've never been aboard.

I sailed on a SJ24 a few times in the '70s, but I couldn't pinpoint the year...

WHAT IN THE FUCK?!?!

You quite obviously have not seen the Hilo landfall pics.

This is ship-shape by comparison.

Here:

rimas_rigging_02_details.jpg

Update! His Fundly goal is four grand due in the next two months, perfect for heading to Cape Horn in May. Two grand donated donated up to about a month ago, not so much since his arrival in American Samoa. Come on folks, donate now!

https://fundly.com/rimas-around-the-world#

He'll never get within 3000 miles of Cape Horn. If (big if) he manages to repair his boat, he'll drift downwind towards Asia. No doubt it will be the biggest news in American History.

Every time you guys say things like this you make me more nervous that I'm going to run across this guy this coming cruising season.

your absolutely right. But what does one do if a person we have become close to, even if via the internet, begins to make decisions that no normal person would make and which are likely to cost that persons life? So easy to look the other way and look for new entertainment but that just isn't my style, is it yours? I think we as somewhat knowledgeable seafarers owe him to make some attempt to prevent him from what we all agree is almost certain suicide. I mean we can all just sit back and watch him perform a stunt like going over Niagra Falls in a flimsy barrel or we can do something like initiate the process in which he will recieve a mental evaluation. Then if he gets lost at sea or turns up frozen in an ice flow we can at least say we tried to save him.

You may well feel that this is not rational. That's your privilege.

But it's Rimas's life, not yours. If he chooses to end it this way, that is his privilege.

Having supported various friends and family through various crises and suicidal episodes, I have become firmly opposed to the use of force or legal power to stop people making their own choices. I have seen up close the appallingly destructive consequences that such interventions have for the person at the middle of them. The systems which enforce such actions are a grave threat to human liberty, and are widely abused.

By all means, withhold aid from him, and encourage others to stop assisting him. Feel free to tell him in whatever way you can that you think his plans are mad and bad and dangerous. But please respect his right to take whatever risks he likes with his own life.

Update! His Fundly goal is four grand due in the next two months, perfect for heading to Cape Horn in May. Two grand donated donated up to about a month ago, not so much since his arrival in American Samoa. Come on folks, donate now!

https://fundly.com/rimas-around-the-world#

He'll never get within 3000 miles of Cape Horn. If (big if) he manages to repair his boat, he'll drift downwind towards Asia. No doubt it will be the biggest news in American History.

Every time you guys say things like this you make me more nervous that I'm going to run across this guy this coming cruising season.

Rimas is coming to visit you in May it seems. Perhaps a family member would be kind enough to tow him in ? Would you mind if he rafted up to you for a couple days ? Pardon me, do you have a cup of sugar ?

If this is what Shannon sent Rimas with the doctor, then he has a real sense of humor :) with the standing joke on mashed potatoes here and a tuna factory in the same Pago harbor :lol:

post-105471-0-05454800-1422973248_thumb.jpg

That picture explains everything! Rimas tied a solar panel to the backstay facing aft, and he's been steering all along! His course was just to keep the solar panel facing the sun!

Those are from somewhere between Oak Harbor and SF. it could be Shannon at the tiller before Rimas took off. The safety certificate on the mast could be the sailing school having the boats checked yearly.

In the pictures, look for the traveler. It was removed during the Sausalito refit. Those pictures above all appear to be from before the refit and before his departure from Sausalito to Samoa.

Seems strange that he would post "old" photos on Facebook when he had "thousands" of pics in his camera waiting to be downloaded.

Rimas is coming to visit you in May it seems. Perhaps a family member would be kind enough to tow him in ? Would you mind if he rafted up to you for a couple days ? Pardon me, do you have a cup of sugar ?

^^ Yeah, this. I look at a chart and realize that Fiji, where we are headed, is sort of downwindish from American Samoa and I get the willies thinking about picking up a mayday from this guy.

^^ Yeah, this. I look at a chart and realize that Fiji, where we are headed, is sort of downwindish from American Samoa and I get the willies thinking about picking up a mayday from this guy.

So should we be sending you mashed potatoes and tuna so you can pass it along?

That picture explains everything! Rimas tied a solar panel to the backstay facing aft, and he's been steering all along! His course was just to keep the solar panel facing the sun!

Exactly. He is making fool of us. He has a bad ass boat CG certified that he sails poorly on purpose. He sends messages of starvation while sitting on boxes of mash potatoes, crab cakes andsalmon. He simulates problems with the mainsail and other critical failures.

Otherwis how would people give him money?

Meanwhile he types his epic poem line by line on the DeLorme and chokes the chicken.

he only has a hand-held VHF, and I'm not sure it still works. He communicates thru his DeLorme via InReach, so you won't likely recieve a distress signal. If you see a distressed looking SJ 24 drifting by, using a mainsail for a jib not hanked on...don't worry, everything is Ohey.

he only has a hand-held VHF, and I'm not sure it still works. He communicates thru his DeLorme via InReach, so you won't likely recieve a distress signal. If you see a distressed looking SJ 24 drifting by, using a mainsail for a jib not hanked on...don't worry, everything is Ohey.

thank you. that made my day.

Was a lifeguard for years, and it scares the crap out of me every time I see someone doing something stupid near the water.

"

Yes that is so true . I was reading a story about a guy who walks to work every day and someone set up a fund thing n he's got tons of donations because he has shown so much effort to work

well what I'm sure Rimas is well aware of is the fact that if he bides his time long enough the" please get this guy outa here fast" will turn into ok we will give him anything he needs to get him outa here fast and that is what he is hopeing for. I have a problem with people with this attitude. If on the other hand he was mnaking an effort to help earn money and truing to learn proper sailing i would be number one in line to help.... but he isnt, he just sits there with his hand out.....grrrrr
the top paragraph should be here

RKoch is right. We need to create a way for forum members to alert BJ if Rimas is in trouble. That is what you were saying, right?

And BJ, if life hands us this opportunity, remember to video.

Very disturbed and completely weirded out.....I have a facebook account (or at least the shell of one)...incomplete profile and all...one friend, my brother who does not sail, and a couple stoopid group memberships so I can read member spam. Of course it suggests friends to me all the time (friends of my one friend, neighbors, community members, and other local bs)... It thought I might want to be friends with my wife the other day.....guess it noticed we had the same IP. :)

Today it suggests that I may want to be friends with Rimas....WTF...how do it know? Creepy...

Very disturbed and completely weirded out.....I have a facebook account (or at least the shell of one)...incomplete profile and all...one friend, my brother who does not sail, and a couple stoopid group memberships so I can read member spam. Of course it suggests friends to me all the time (friends of my one friend, neighbors, community members, and other local bs)... It thought I might want to be friends with my wife the other day.....guess it noticed we had the same IP. :)

Today it suggests that I may want to be friends with Rimas....WTF...how do it know? Creepy...

Do you talk about creamy mashed potatoes on line a lot?

Our "Hero" shows off the Stars and Stripes and his "original" backstay config, before re-rigging for serious offshore work...

1965456_401607986664773_7468460125810732

This pic is off Hilo, HI, on a very rare sunny day. Also note the stern stanchion - missing in all pics of current voyage. So this sequence of pics are all probably from that era. Another big change is spi pole position - from low & level to high & diagonal. It's now a better handicap railing.

You may well feel that this is not rational. That's your privilege.

But it's Rimas's life, not yours. If he chooses to end it this way, that is his privilege.

Having supported various friends and family through various crises and suicidal episodes, I have become firmly opposed to the use of force or legal power to stop people making their own choices. I have seen up close the appallingly destructive consequences that such interventions have for the person at the middle of them. The systems which enforce such actions are a grave threat to human liberty, and are widely abused.

By all means, withhold aid from him, and encourage others to stop assisting him. Feel free to tell him in whatever way you can that you think his plans are mad and bad and dangerous. But please respect his right to take whatever risks he likes with his own life.

yes i agree with you.

Just hard to sit back and watch someone kill themselves by blind ignorance without at least making some effort. But there have been several attempts to get Rimas to learn sailing skills, i think someone offered him a free captains coarse which he turned down. I thought there was some talk of his recieving an ssi check so the suggestion i made may have already taken place.

Here in the states no one goes to a nut house unless they commit heinous crimes for documented nuts their hospital is the streets thanks to reagan.

Our "Hero" shows off the Stars and Stripes and his "original" backstay config, before re-rigging for serious offshore work...

1965456_401607986664773_7468460125810732

This pic is off Hilo, HI, on a very rare sunny day. Also note the stern stanchion - missing in all pics of current voyage. So this sequence of pics are all probably from that era. Another big change is spi pole position - from low & level to high & diagonal. It's now a better handicap railing.
Yep. And one pic shows the traveller, which was removed before leaving Saulsilito. Rimas is posting past pictures passing them off as recent.

RKoch is right. We need to create a way for forum members to alert BJ if Rimas is in trouble. That is what you were saying, right?

I think what BJ fears is that the more he knows about Rimas - the more he feels he must step in to save the child from himself.

His innate sense of responsibility kicking in to the benefit of no one but Rimas.

I suggest to BJ - perhaps this season, visit the Marquesas.

Two-legged: By all means, withhold aid from him, and encourage others to stop assisting him. Feel free to tell him in whatever way you can that you think his plans are mad and bad and dangerous. But please respect his right to take whatever risks he likes with his own life.

How many apologists does this make who've felt the need to lecture us on man's inherent right to do as he pleases over these 7,000 posts?

Yawn.

Beer says he hasn't read the entire thread.

Mr. Rimas, please accept Guy's apology. Due to Guy's important role in the made for Lifetime movie "Flyin' Hawaiian", Guy must delay his trip to the most beautiful United State of Samoa. Please do not leave for the Horn without Guy. Our solo record trip around the world on San Juan 24 foot will be the best of history!

Two-legged: By all means, withhold aid from him, and encourage others to stop assisting him. Feel free to tell him in whatever way you can that you think his plans are mad and bad and dangerous. But please respect his right to take whatever risks he likes with his own life.

How many apologists does this make who've felt the need to lecture us on man's inherent right to do as he pleases over these 7,000 posts?

Yawn.

I'm not an apologist. Rimas is clearly a grossly incompetent mariner. Does that feel better?

Mr. Rimas, please accept Guy's apology. Due to Guy's important role in the made for Lifetime movie "Flyin' Hawaiian", Guy must delay his trip to the most beautiful United State of Samoa. Please do not leave for the Horn without Guy. Our solo record trip around the world on San Juan 24 foot will be the best of history misery!

Fixerated.

Yawn.

I'm not an apologist. Rimas is clearly a grossly incompetent mariner. Does that feel better?

Nah. We didn't need the lecture, Cap. You're preaching (for whatever personal reasons you have) to a very large group of folks who have already been there and done that.

Yawn.

hey!! I'm a grossly incompetent mariner and could take offense at being put in the same category as Rimas.:) I know little of sailing vessels but i can navigate somewhat, not handy with a sextant, on my to do list, and never been more than a hundred miles offshore, working on that as well, but most certainly can learn and have extensively read up on most everything nautical. I have great respect for all of you out there that traverse the worlds seas via sail. I'm somewhat envious as a matter of fact.

I think there are likely lots of people like me. Rimas on the other hand has shown an aversion to learning or doing anything requiring labor and demonstrated an inability to even learn from experience floating around the seas. The only thing he has shown any real interest in were things that could possible lead to gifts of money and materials and labor. I'm sure some of those sorta shipshape pix posted likely involved acquaintances that were attempting to teach him the basic of sailing but again he only used them to obtain publicity photos and of course their labor and cash.

So please do not use the term mariner when discribing someone that is more of a passenger on a j24 Skippered by fate and tow boats

I think what BJ fears is that the more he knows about Rimas - the more he feels he must step in to save the child from himself.

His innate sense of responsibility kicking in to the benefit of no one but Rimas.

At least we could pick up more Mousline if I did that.

mousseline.jpg

Hmmm....sail 4,000 miles back into the trades versus risking a Rimas raft-up. Worth considering.

Those look like buttery mashed potatoes. That's a homing beacon for the Rimas.

Hey BJ, why does my info to the left have the warning points indicator? I'm the nicest guy on here.

You don't have any warning points, but I can issue you some if you want to look like an internet tough guy.

Hey BJ, why does my info to the left have the warning points indicator? I'm the nicest guy on here.

You don't have any warning points, but I can issue you some if you want to look like an internet tough guy.

Well that notation isn't used on others. Is it because I'm special?

Well that notation isn't used on others. Is it because I'm special?

Yes. Welcome to the group W bench.

At least we could pick up more Mousline if I did that.

http://au-jardin-de-brigitte.e-monsite.com/medias/album/mousseline.jpg

Hmmm....sail 4,000 miles back into the trades versus risking a Rimas raft-up. Worth considering.

It surely is. But on second thought, perhaps Cape Horn makes more sense.

It's for sure you won't find Rimas there. ;)

Oh great. Here I've been harassing Clean and all along -you- are the guy who hands 'em out. Well I'm not going to suck up to you for the sake of getting some warning points! Fuck that!

FB- Doug

Come on BJ, make it go away. We're all tough guys on the internet.

Blue Crab,

We can each see our own individual warning points indicator, but not those of others. Wait for it...........

Let it sink in......

Bingo! You now understand.

Bingo indeed! Thanks man. I'm old and crabby, and CONSERVATIVE!