• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Excoded Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

Well, he doesn't have a J24 Cap. Nor does he have a chicken. He chokes his chicken.

he has no chicken but he trys to choke it anyway?

poor Rimas has no chicken........oh..my....no wonder he just drifts around with a fish hangin instead of a sail. Wonder were he lost it? Maybe thats what he was using the caulk for but it didn't hold and fell off??

I think the caulk was leftover buttery flavored instant mashed potatos.

no wonder his chicken fell off then......If he drifts long enough maybe he can find a rubber ducky to replace it? Anyone know which chokes better a ducky or a chicken?

Well the duck will just say quack but the chicken is more likely to protest by saying Brup da fuck braaap

ah go on, u sailor types are all alike...............aaaaaa.......maybe thats it! Do you think maybe that without his chicken he cannot sail?...

I think my ca. lady friend has a couple extra ones maybe I could get her to send Rimas one and some super glue! I'll ask her to send the least played with largest one so he can have one to be proud of. We can put it in a bottle addressed to Rimas and drop it in the california current.

OK Children, enough potty talk about wanking and try reading the thread title. It's a SJ24 (i.e. San Juan 24), not a god damn J24. That would have sunk already...

Meanwhile, somewhere in the South Pacific, our "Hero" has posted some more holiday snaps posing as a happy tourist who just started receiving Social Security checks care of Pago Pago General Delivery. Looks like Rimas is enjoying his holiday.

But, I believe this is just his cover story. There must be a coded message to his supporters in there somewhere...

11025684_418740468284858_648700757499986

10007269_418740531618185_305454125795134

11050325_418740571618181_906547206829099

10543071_418740604951511_774019574930224

.....the great great 'FALE' indeed...very appropriate :mellow:

......Rimas eyes...there's more to 'em than the stoic sailor look. They give me a feeling he's trying to communicate something...

''Stowe was right,,those SA guys are blowing my gig! ...you flimey farks,,,just send mullah or I'll never make it outta here''

the lotto seems like a sure thing compared with the odds of Rimas drifting in his j24...opps, caulked j24, with bent mast caught in a southern pacific typhoon.

Now stranger things have happened: and rubber ducky's, chickens and turtles have done well traveling the worlds seas so why shouldn't another drifter with similar capabilities fare just as well...Even has a chicken

..it's NOT a frikken J-24..yer got it now!??? <_<

post-14496-0-10065500-1426217465.jpg

I think that's called Stockholm Syndrome.

maybe if they're swedish chickens :lol::lol::lol:

Question for all you world traveling sailors out there.

Is it possible for Rimas to actually sail from his current location around the horn and if so by what route?

I can see a possibility of his making the passage through the straits of Magellan but no way round the cape

if he could make it to the Roaring Forties, he could drift to Cape Horn. Problem is, he's got nearly 1000 miles of sailing mostly upwind, just to get to the Roaring Forties. He hasn't demonstrated he can sail upwind for 10 miles. Also, his announced May departure puts him in the Southern Ocean (assuming he can get there) in the dead of winter. No one in their right mind would take any boat there at that time. When he casts off, he'll drift downwind and down current as before. He'll get towed into some port, as before, and claim he's set a world record, as before. He's incapable of anything else.
It occurs to me that what you describe is the likely the best possible outcome. There are many other more unpleasant scenarios.

For example, a raft up with BJ.

Don't even THINK that out loud!!!

Is he posing with more hanging fish icons? Warning to all chickens ( and Ducks, Penguins ect): If you see a crazed looking man in the tropics wearing long pants on the beach belted up to his tits...RUN!!!post-67665-0-48901800-1426244197.jpg

Is it possible for Rimas to actually sail from his current location around the horn and if so by what route?

I can see a possibility of his making the passage through the straits of Magellan but no way round the cape

if he could make it to the Roaring Forties, he could drift to Cape Horn. Problem is, he's got nearly 1000 miles of sailing mostly upwind, just to get to the Roaring Forties. He hasn't demonstrated he can sail upwind for 10 miles. Also, his announced May departure puts him in the Southern Ocean (assuming he can get there) in the dead of winter. No one in their right mind would take any boat there at that time. When he casts off, he'll drift downwind and down current as before. He'll get towed into some port, as before, and claim he's set a world record, as before. He's incapable of anything else.
It occurs to me that what you describe is the likely the best possible outcome. There are many other more unpleasant scenarios.

Too late BJ. It has been more than thought out loud; it has been publicly posted on the interwebs. It is fated, sorry, but you know it's gotta happen. Before the event takes place be sure to hide all your caulk. Rimas seems to have a penchant for caulk.

Okay, this hasn't gotten quite as web-commenters-driven-wiggy as it did for some Reid addicts.

And he hasn't gulled anyone else into going with him. Nor been de-bowed by a container ship.

And it's been entertaining, and at times unbelievable (to me anyway, I still can't understand how that mast stayed up between Baja and Hawaii, nor how he got that other SJ-24 to stick in the Aleutian mud so perfectly vertical) though more tedious now than then.

Ah, well, I was going to make some sweeping observation, but can't figure out what it would be, so screw it. He's just got an inexplicably good relationship with the Luck Gods. That's what keeps me following his wanderings from a distance.

Too late BJ. It has been more than thought out loud; it has been publicly posted on the interwebs. It is fated, sorry, but you know it's gotta happen. Before the event takes place be sure to hide all your caulk. Rimas seems to have a penchant for caulk.

Each night as I lay my pointy head down to sleep

I pray to Neptune my soul to keep

And toss in a small OHEY!

That Rimas and BJ will meet someday.

OK Children, enough potty talk about wanking and try reading the thread title. It's a SJ24 (i.e. San Juan 24), not a god damn J24. That would have sunk already...

Meanwhile, somewhere in the South Pacific, our "Hero" has posted some more holiday snaps posing as a happy tourist who just started receiving Social Security checks care of Pago Pago General Delivery. Looks like Rimas is enjoying his holiday.

But, I believe this is just his cover story. There must be a coded message to his supporters in there somewhere...

10007269_418740531618185_305454125795134

11050325_418740571618181_906547206829099

10543071_418740604951511_774019574930224

oh look, theres that hangin fishy again

the lotto seems like a sure thing compared with the odds of Rimas drifting in his j24...opps, caulked j24, with bent mast caught in a southern pacific typhoon.

Now stranger things have happened: and rubber ducky's, chickens and turtles have done well traveling the worlds seas so why shouldn't another drifter with similar capabilities fare just as well...Even has a chicken

..it's NOT a frikken J-24..yer got it now!??? <_<

is that word German?......or are you president of the j-24 defense league??...... :D ......

kidding aside i just realized that a j-24 is a completely different vessel from sj-24. Thanks

are you sure that hasn't somethin to do with the poor choked chicken???.......I mean even a hardware store wouldnt have that much caulking

Rimas has hired a ghostwriter!

Ninety nine and four one hundredths of a percent of people who dream about going to sail around the world never do because they've been brainwashed by the slick commercial boating publications who perpetuate their advertisers propaganda that if you somehow manage to clear the breakwater in anything less than a 40 footer you will instantly die. So they toil away at jobs they basically detest trying to save up enough money to buy that unattainable dream and it's nearly always impossible to sustain a dream that long, also to sail around the world you do not need a million dollars. I have sailed 12,000 miles on open ocean and in many dangerous storms in a very tiny sail boat.

I love the "somehow if you manage to clear the breakwater" phrase, very tongue in cheek.

is that word German?......or are you president of the j-24 defense league??...... :D ......

kidding aside i just realized that a j-24 is a completely different vessel from sj-24. Thanks

....there is -no- defense for a J24 <_<;)

Ninety nine and four one hundredths of a percent of people who dream about going to sail around the world never do because they've been brainwashed by the slick commercial boating publications who perpetuate their advertisers propaganda that if you somehow manage to clear the breakwater in anything less than a 40 footer you will instantly die. So they toil away at jobs they basically detest trying to save up enough money to buy that unattainable dream and it's nearly always impossible to sustain a dream that long, also to sail around the world you do not need a million dollars. I have sailed 12,000 miles on open ocean and in many dangerous storms in a very tiny sail boat.

I love the "somehow if you manage to clear the breakwater" phrase, very tongue in cheek.

Nice plagiarism:

http://onemoregoodadventure.com/2009/07/02/a-good-days-sail/

"It’s of a young Hungarian, Aron Meder, sailing around the world in a 19′ boat. It’s not something I would want to do, sailing around the world that is, but the picture tickles my imagination. The wonderful thing about sailing is that if you have enough food, water and desire the whole world is open to you. Another thing I like about this picture is that it is sort of a kick in the pants to those people who believe that the only way you can go cruising is if you have at least a 40 foot boat to do it. I’m not saying people should try and circumnavigate the globe in an eight foot boat like Kristofer J. “Harley” Harlson intends on doing, or an 11’10” boat as Serge Testa did. But I’m a firm believer in the credo that if you want to go cruising take the boat you have and go.

Ninety nine and forty four one hundredths of a percent of people who dream about going cruising never do because they’ve been brainwashed by the slick commercial boating publications who perpetuate their advertisers propaganda that if you somehow manage to clear the breakwater in anything less than a 40 footer you will instantly die. So they toil away at jobs they basically detest trying to save up enough money to buy that unatainable dream and it’s nearly always impossible to sustain a dream that long.

Sterling Hayden hit the nail on the head in his book Wanderer when he wrote: “‘… men often say ‘I’ve always wanted to sail to the South Seas, but I can’t afford it.’ What these men can’t afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of ‘security.’ And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine–and before we know it our lives are gone.

“What does a man need–really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in–and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That’s all–in the material sense. And we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention from the sheer idiocy of the charade."

Nice plagiarism:

"It’s of a young Hungarian, Aron Meder, sailing around the world in a 19′ boat. It’s not something I would want to do, sailing around the world that is, but the picture tickles my imagination. The wonderful thing about sailing is that if you have enough food, water and desire the whole world is open to you. Another thing I like about this picture is that it is sort of a kick in the pants to those people who believe that the only way you can go cruising is if you have at least a 40 foot boat to do it. I’m not saying people should try and circumnavigate the globe in an eight foot boat like Kristofer J. “Harley” Harlson intends on doing, or an 11’10” boat as Serge Testa did. But I’m a firm believer in the credo that if you want to go cruising take the boat you have and go.

Ninety nine and forty four one hundredths of a percent of people who dream about going cruising never do because they’ve been brainwashed by the slick commercial boating publications who perpetuate their advertisers propaganda that if you somehow manage to clear the breakwater in anything less than a 40 footer you will instantly die. So they toil away at jobs they basically detest trying to save up enough money to buy that unatainable dream and it’s nearly always impossible to sustain a dream that long.

Sterling Hayden hit the nail on the head in his book Wanderer when he wrote: “‘… men often say ‘I’ve always wanted to sail to the South Seas, but I can’t afford it.’ What these men can’t afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of ‘security.’ And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine–and before we know it our lives are gone.

“What does a man need–really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in–and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That’s all–in the material sense. And we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention from the sheer idiocy of the charade."

Dammmmmn You're GOOD!! How the fuck did you find this....? Rimus never ceases to amaze with his bullshit. So basically he just totally copied this to fool people into thinking he's some sort of cool person

ook then president of the j24 defamation league......opps, or is it defecation league :huh:

He hasn't raise much money since his landfall in Pago Pago. How can he continue if the pan handling isn't working out?

he moved on to higher level of grifting with better health care than most Americans have called SSI

Not that i have anything against helping others in need but grifting begging is another matter. I know many US born and raised that worked most of their lives only to be denied benefits when they most needed them by the gov and SSI. One lady was self employed or worked for others for cash never getting the 10 quarters to qualify for the minimum SSI and medical or care, whichever it is. She is seventy now and goes to Colombia twice a year for medical cause they have a great system and cost just a few bucks per month. She lives in Oregon. Another lady was a school teacher not coordinated with SSI so when her kidneys quit cause of a genetic disease she was canned and refused medical or medicare. She has a school retirement but the medical part ended when she was 63. Because of her i decided to take a house I own and rent out rooms so she has a place to live. I've rented two more rooms to older almost destitute people that each get less than $700 per month from SSI with medical. The medical costs $104.90 per month deducted from their checks.

If you qualify for SSI under the diplomatic immunity thing lots of doors open for you. If Rimas qulifies for that program he is in hog heaven..or grifter heaven

Nice plagiarism:

Dammmmmn You're GOOD!! How the fuck did you find this....? Rimus never ceases to amaze with his bullshit. So basically he just totally copied this to fool people into thinking he's some sort of cool person

Wow! He did add a sentence at the end so it's not quite plagiarism but man, the chutzpah; my esteem for Rimas has gone up a few notches. He's working all the angles.

Nice plagiarism:

The Google Machine is a wonder.

Nice plagiarism:

Wow! He did add a sentence at the end so it's not quite plagiarism but man, the chutzpah; my esteem for Rimas has gone up a few notches. He's working all the angles.

what sentence? I read the blog and all of the above was there none was Rimases

Here is a SJ24 for 500 bucks, someone could race Rimas to the Horn for the "World Record". Ohey, has engine. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/4930497597.html

A few hours with a hose and scrub brush, a bit of boat soap, some gasoline and a match...

.....that's a -wrong- attitude! ...it looks good-to-go t'me <_<

00C0C_hJGia4SuDcE_600x450.jpg

........just gotta figure what to do with that pesky engine. :mellow:

Rimas Meleshyus

47 mins ·

Rimas has indeed proved you don't need a 40'er to clear the breakwater...just a TowBoat.

Here is a SJ24 for 500 bucks, someone could race Rimas to the Horn for the "World Record". Ohey, has engine. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/4930497597.html

This bristol yacht would make for an unfair race. I mean look at this beauty, no caulk, bent mast or even one single bungee cord!1 Geeezzz

Rimas Meleshyus

47 mins ·

Rimas has indeed proved you don't need a 40'er to clear the breakwater...just a TowBoat.

:lol: ...that wuz a good un I needed that

A few hours with a hose and scrub brush, a bit of boat soap, some gasoline and a match...

.....that's a -wrong- attitude! ...it looks good-to-go t'me <_<

00C0C_hJGia4SuDcE_600x450.jpg

........just gotta figure what to do with that pesky engine. :mellow:

Rimas discovered engines discourage prospective tow's, create drag, and scare the chicken so files them in Davy Jones locker.

I hope you get something that itches a lot in a bad place.

Here is a SJ24 for 500 bucks, someone could race Rimas to the Horn for the "World Record". Ohey, has engine. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/4930497597.htm

This bristol yacht would make for an unfair race. I mean look at this beauty, no caulk, bent mast or even one single bungee cord!1 Geeezzz

I dunno, that nice stainless solar vent is worth a hundred or so - priced one of those out lately? If the engine runs it is worth a hundred. A few hours with a chainsaw, a dumpster and the SA classifieds could yield a tidy profit.

I hope you get something that itches a lot in a bad place.

Mr. Porter, you must admit Blue Crab has literary dexterity greater than Rimas. And what is wrong with meeting Rimas, I for one would enjoy the moment. Would give me an opportunity to see I can't get him to teach me a little about sailing.....

Here is a SJ24 for 500 bucks, someone could race Rimas to the Horn for the "World Record". Ohey, has engine. http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/boa/4930497597.htm

I dunno, that nice stainless solar vent is worth a hundred or so - priced one of those out lately? If the engine runs it is worth a hundred. A few hours with a chainsaw, a dumpster and the SA classifieds could yield a tidy profit.

your right, but the idea of deliberately scarping a boat is something I would have difficulty doing

your right, but the idea of deliberately scarping a boat is something I would have difficulty doing

.....think of the lead! :):rolleyes:

GRRRRRR...u want lead do you???...tearing up a perfectly good sj24 like the one for sale for the lead is immoral but Rimas's sj24 is held together with chicken chokeings and caulk and would get no protest from me. Besides, we come make lots of bulllets from all that lead

ook then president of the j24 defamation league......opps, or is it defecation league :huh:

Fucking A, you better post some tits and pay attention, it is a San Juan 20 effing four!

Scraped out a Tartan 30 once..when we pulled it up on the beach the keel just fell off...thus making that part of the job much easier. I think we got about $2000 for the lead. The boat was totally fucked and not at all worth saving. It had been lived on for years by all sorts of dreamers in the mud. The mast and boom was good. as was anything else made of aluminum . I think the most fucked up ebay or craigslist sale I ever saw was . an old 40ft fiberglass ketch..not sure the make..it sunk.. as it was sunk it was put up for sale for ...i think 2 or 3 grand. it had been underwater for about 2 or 3 months,,the add said.." solid fiberglass boat no core" the boat was already fucked when it sank. The guy from Georgia bought it, spent about another 2 grand or more raising it. I think you all know what it looked like and smelled like.. when they pulled it up to the boatyard they wouldn't haul it...of course... there's one born everyday...who said it? the sailing bug that people dream of?

Scarped, scraped, the word is "scrapped". I was being facetious in my post, BTW. It looks like an hour or so with the power-washer, a $1500 haul-out and $5K-$10K spent on sails, sail covers and a new interior and she'd be a glam again.

I scrapped my old Cal25. I owed the scrapper a huge favor so I just gave him the boat, worth nothing as a whole boat even with a running diesel, and I was ready to move on without the hassles of parting out and the new boat has a larger, modern Yanmar.

Then went to watch it be scrapped. I was only good for a couple of minutes. It held up to dragging off the trailer but the first bite of the backhoe blade took the lead casting (which had become completely detached from the glass keel). I chose not to watch the rest. The mast ended up as a very long gate leading to the back 40 somewhere.

I scrapped my old Cal25. I owed the scrapper a huge favor so I just gave him the boat, worth nothing as a whole boat even with a running diesel, and I was ready to move on without the hassles of parting out and the new boat has a larger, modern Yanmar.

Then went to watch it be scrapped. I was only good for a couple of minutes. It held up to dragging off the trailer but the first bite of the backhoe blade took the lead casting (which had become completely detached from the glass keel). I chose not to watch the rest. The mast ended up as a very long gate leading to the back 40 somewhere.

I have a feeling there's some Samoans who aren't thrilled to read this. :mellow:

2799613_o.gif2799613_o.gif

Scraped out a Tartan 30 once..when we pulled it up on the beach the keel just fell off...thus making that part of the job much easier. I think we got about $2000 for the lead. The boat was totally fucked and not at all worth saving. It had been lived on for years by all sorts of dreamers in the mud. The mast and boom was good. as was anything else made of aluminum . I think the most fucked up ebay or craigslist sale I ever saw was . an old 40ft fiberglass ketch..not sure the make..it sunk.. as it was sunk it was put up for sale for ...i think 2 or 3 grand. it had been underwater for about 2 or 3 months,,the add said.." solid fiberglass boat no core" the boat was already fucked when it sank. The guy from Georgia bought it, spent about another 2 grand or more raising it. I think you all know what it looked like and smelled like.. when they pulled it up to the boatyard they wouldn't haul it...of course... there's one born everyday...who said it? the sailing bug that people dream of?

The guy who bought the boat if it was in the states should file suit against the seller for misrepresenting facts. Where was this boat offered for sale at? Florida? I would be very very cautious if buying a used boat near a hurricane area.

Scarped, scraped, the word is "scrapped". I was being facetious in my post, BTW. It looks like an hour or so with the power-washer, a $1500 haul-out and $5K-$10K spent on sails, sail covers and a new interior and she'd be a glam again.

what about another few thou for a motor?

Fucking A, you better post some tits and pay attention, it is a San Juan 20 effing four!

so you don't like s24's sj24's well what do you think of this sail ship, the Vindskip

?

I deleted the link cause it was filled with adds

The guy who bought the boat if it was in the states should file suit against the seller for misrepresenting facts. Where was this boat offered for sale at? Florida? I would be very very cautious if buying a used boat near a hurricane area.

yes it was in No. Fla. (another Florida story) it didn't sink in a Curricane though...It had a crack head drunk thief living on it and as it filled with water from rain and leaks it slowly got deeper and deeper. The marine patrol just took note but didn't do anything to stop it as it wasn't really too close to the channel. All the top sides were soft , maybe the hull wasn't cored but the decks were. The owner had died and it was the family that had to get rid of it. I'm sure they had some dis claimer in their ad.

There was once another boat ( how many are there) The Black Dragon. It was about 100 years old and made of teak..hell just the teak alone was worth something. the boat was solid and the interior beautiful, the only problem..... it started leaking at the keel joint at some time and somebody had the great idea to pour cement in the bilge... well it sank in a very shallow marina..sorta only half sank... wet to the deck at high tide n dry at low.. the owner of the marina did.nt want responsibility of it on his property so one night the scuttled it...too bad.. Im sure somebody could have brought it back to life...or at least recycle the teak

yes it was in No. Fla. (another Florida story) it didn't sink in a Curricane though...It had a crack head drunk thief living on it and as it filled with water from rain and leaks it slowly got deeper and deeper. The marine patrol just took note but didn't do anything to stop it as it wasn't really too close to the channel. All the top sides were soft , maybe the hull wasn't cored but the decks were. The owner had died and it was the family that had to get rid of it. I'm sure they had some dis claimer in their ad.

There was once another boat ( how many are there) The Black Dragon. It was about 100 years old and made of teak..hell just the teak alone was worth something. the boat was solid and the interior beautiful, the only problem..... it started leaking at the keel joint at some time and somebody had the great idea to pour cement in the bilge... well it sank in a very shallow marina..sorta only half sank... wet to the deck at high tide n dry at low.. the owner of the marina did.nt want responsibility of it on his property so one night the scuttled it...too bad.. Im sure somebody could have brought it back to life...or at least recycle the teak

thanks for the info. Thats sad about Black Dragon, i love those old vessels but they need deep pockets to take care of. A co worker bought the Welcome 2, not sure about the exact name, could be too, to, two but it was a registered historical landmark and was President Hardings' private vessel at one time. This was a fine old boat that had not been maintained for at least 20 years just sat at the dock in the Sacramento River. Then one day it came up for sale but I knew the bottom had to be in poor shape so just kept an eye on it then Dave bought it! Dave doesn't know bow from stern....you know the type. He then started working on the topsides like they all do painting clean up. I warned him that the first thing was to have it surveyed and hauled but he wouldnt listen. He eventually enlisted my aid and we got her running and set off for Alameda to have her hauled as no on up river had facilities to haul this large of vessel. I expected to have water gushing in as the boat flexed under power but the leaks never won over the pumps thank God. needless to say there was considerable damage to the bottom and Dave didnt have the money so he asked for help. Not sure if he ever got her fixed as he quit work and moved down there to work on her. Dave was one of those guys that will take on anything and will work 24/7 if need be to get er done. She was a beautiful old 65 footer and i hope Dave saved her.

Disclaimers don't protect you from hiding facts or misrepresenting facts under the law. When I worked in enforcement for EPA we were often required by companies to sign disclaimers and i refused. The attorney general informed me that disclaimers are not worth the paper they are written on because you cannot sign away your rights under the law. After that i signed without a whimper.

so you don't like s24's sj24's well what do you think of this sail ship, the Vindskip

?

I deleted the link cause it was filled with adds

Have done many many miles on San Juan 24's, WTF? Maybe there is a powerboat forum somewhere for you.

Have done many many miles on San Juan 24's, WTF? Maybe there is a powerboat forum somewhere for you.

whats your point? you never typo? If so you must be God with no need for a boat as you can walk on water. Why then are you in any boating forum?

whats your point? you never typo? If so you must be God with no need for a boat as you can walk on water. Why then are you in any boating forum?

Floyd, you are out of your depth here. I can't understand why posters are being so kind with you. You have no idea what yer talking about and most of yer posts are just silly shit. Please back off a couple of clicks and jump back in when you have something to add to a conversation.

Floyd, you are out of your depth here. I can't understand why posters are being so kind with you. You have no idea what yer talking about and most of yer posts are just silly shit. Please back off a couple of clicks and jump back in when you have something to add to a conversation can spell your home town correctly.

Modified.

Gee..tough crowd.... <_< . you mean to tell me that SJ24 doesn't stand for Super J24.?? :blink: .. well that's not so bad..the guys( Boat Bums) that had that Tartan 30 I scarped up thought it was a Tartan10...they thought it was a Super Tartan 10 because it had a cabin rather than a flush deck :o

Rimus has the Super Duper SJ24 with Bungee Drive modified self controlled running rigging and Pre-bent mast for up-wind sailing. I bet every J24 owner wished they had The Rimus SDS J24..more room to hang that fish down b' low

You will not believe the title of Beach Boy Brian Wilson's new album. It will be released in 2 weeks, and is now available for pre-order:

http://www.amazon.com/No-Pier-Pressure-Brian-Wilson/dp/B00NSOP6ZE/ref=as_sl_pc_tf_til?tag=capitrecor-20&linkCode=w00&linkId=MLMSMR66BKBXZWQO&creativeASIN=B00NSOP6ZE

That's going to hurt Rimas' fund-raising. Maybe he'll sue Brian for a brazillion rubles for queering his schtick.

Our "Hero" posted a link on FB to a radio interview with KSBS-FM92 "The one and only Island radio". http://www.ksbsfm92.com/

But of course our "Hero" is sometimes a little technically challenged and the link only goes to the station's home page. A quick search turns up nothing.

If anyone is able to uncover the recorded interview, some hilarity could ensue...

I don't think "our hero" is a big enuff discriptor for the Rimas.

"America's Hero!" Yeah that's the ticket.

Stop being so niggardly and give Rimas his due,

Ohey, World Record America's Hero! Said the chicken to the fish...