Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Folks can move to Sailnet. Everybody likes everything over there. One happy fucking family!

of course they are!

How could anyone not be happy with all that sex going on......hummmm....I wonder about you, not normal for anyone to find displeasure in fucking... :rolleyes: ....Maybe you should see a therapist, I know a wonderful 22 year old blond blue eyed petite lady that could relieve all those frustrations for you. She is working on her Masters in human behaviour

post-103965-0-00608800-1438192486_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Pertinacious Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

Where's the "Like" button when you need it?

I've never been able to find one at this site

You guys are pathetic...

like.png

rimas has a corner on that market. If we are pathetic were does that put you and rimas??? :D

Heads up for NWerners:

Soon, I am leaving to Olympia, Washington and than to Bellingham, Washington. I am looking to buy a boat now. I will be check out all marinas, Washington, Oregon and California.

Wow that's a HUGE geography !!

FB- Doug

Heads up for NWerners:

Soon, I am leaving to Olympia, Washington and than to Bellingham, Washington. I am looking to buy a boat now. I will be check out all marinas, Washington, Oregon and California.

No big deal, he was at Oak Harbor, Washington last week. That is not far from Bellingham. He seems to like hanging around the PNW. If he plans on checking out ALL the west coast marinas he is going to be a very busy boy. Still wonder where he is getting the money to buy a boat. Jean?

I don't think Jean will buy him a "blue water" boat. He's pretty emphatic that Rimas needs to learn to sail and do coastal cruising. Jean might buy him a $500 Mac or something, but I doubt that would satisfy a "record-breaking" sailor. Plus, Jean wants to take off cruising in his own boat, doesn't sound like he's willing to spend the time, money, and patience on Rimas's shenanigans anymore.

Heads up for NWerners:

The distance only looks like 12" on a map.

Heads up for NWerners:

The distance only looks like 12" on a map.

That's not far then I wear a size 10.5 so he must be right next door :D.......I'm stuck in ca. and chomping at the bit for him to get down here. He must have gotten his housing allowance check from the government to spend on a boat

Or a toothless Russian vagrant has discovered that sailors have money, or atleast a roof & food, and he is tablesurfing his way through one Facebook friend after another.

I believe that there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Welcome Rimas!!!!! Who doesn't like punk music?

I see you're in Contessa. Great spot to find a boat.

You are going to love this forum! One or two guys have been critical of your voyages but not me! I see you as out there doing what I never had the fortitude to do. You are the Master and Commander of the Ocean Sea, my brother. My leader. My hero.

Yes Contessa is a great blue water boat. I buy when I find good one. I don't like punk music.

Rimas

Me neither! It's for punks! I am more of a head-banging rapper my self.

On the boat deal, I sense you are locked in on the Contessa. Goood boat, sure, but it has a cult following that keeps prices too high. Many other, and larger, really capable boats are available for less money. I have a Cal 29 that has already been around the world and is ready to go again, today. It's yours for 15K firm which is a giveaway price. The Cal can sail backwards faster that the Contessa forwards. I might be willing to negotiate a little if you throw in movie rights to your huge geography adventures.

Hello sailors,

A big friend of mine showed me your forum.

I see big interest in my voyage here. Thank you for your suport. Does anybody know about a good blue water boat near my area?

Rimas

Rimas, you need a bluewater boat capable of the 4th mode, so you can set records. Look at the MacGregor 26...it will suit you to a T.

Yes Contessa is a great blue water boat. I buy when I find good one. I don't like punk music.

Rimas

Grammar seems a bit too good to be Rimas. Fame often spawns copy cats

Rimas

Grammar seems a bit too good to be Rimas. Fame often spawns copy cats

you think?

Hello sailors,

I see big interest in my voyage here. Thank you for your suport. Does anybody know about a good blue water boat near my area?

Rimas

Damn, it only took a bit over 9,500 posts in here before someone decided to spoof Rimas. That's gotta be a world record.

Today Rimas is in negotiations for a 30 foot boat with a solar panel. This puts to rest my fears of a Delorme without power.

I think it might be a Catalina 30 negotiating down from $6000 to $4800 for now. I think he is wanting to get the boat for $3-4000.

This boat is in Astoria, so the Columbia bar awaits. This boat has an inboard motor, so nothing can fall off the transom, although we may see if Rimas will check and change filters?

Today Rimas is in negotiations for a 30 foot boat with a solar panel. This puts to rest my fears of a Delorme without power.

I think it might be a Catalina 30 negotiating down from $6000 to $4800 for now. I think he is wanting to get the boat for $3-4000.

This boat is in Astoria, so the Columbia bar awaits. This boat has an inboard motor, so nothing can fall off the transom, although we may see if Rimas will check and change filters?

I may be wrong, but looks like an Irwin 30 to me. Looks like the sails are exposed to the weather. I wonder how rotten they are?

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?CLASS_ID=1531

I may be wrong, but looks like an Irwin 30 to me. Looks like the sails are exposed to the weather. I wonder how rotten they are?

Close... It's an Irwin Citation 30.

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=1566

Check the traveller location, the prop location, and in the photo you can just make out the corner of a second small port forward.

And there's zero probability of Rimas doing one lick of maintenance.

Check the traveller location, the prop location, and in the photo you can just make out the corner of a second small port forward.

Good eyes. Yes, I cannot imagine Rimas doing any work. And with a more complex boat like this, there is just more to go wrong. The sails looked trashed on this boat and even used sail are going to be expensive.

Jean is still making noise on FB that he is the "ENABLER" and wants to get Rimas back on the water. Even though Jean has his own plans, he still seems to want to throw money at Rimas to get him into another boat. Stay tuned!

He says a lot of stupid shit - perhaps he'll tell us how much the panhandlers in Sacramento make again?

You may think its stupid but if your a USA taxpayer you are paying for that stupid crap, My statement are based on personnal experiance with non US citizens living in the USA mostly in Sacramento.

I was waiting for him to mention a windfall. My guess is he has SSI as a political refugee and as such he gets lots of extras like a very liberal housing allowance which he could use to buy a boat. They also get a transportation allowance to buy a car.

Whatchoo talkin bout, Willis? I missed that part about being a political refugee. I guess I don't have the patience to wade through 10K posts on this asshat. But are you sure about the $$ that political refugees get?

Ya, I don't know about that. I teach political refugees English and they don't get any SSI. They get Medicaid and food stamps and work a deep fryer and think it's the best fucking thing ever.

Most do the right thing its only the few that take advantage of the system. My comment as to the source of his boat money was just speculation based upon experience with a couple of families I knew in Sacramento.

Hello sailors,

Rimas

Welcome aboard Rimas! Its about time you spoke up in this forum to tell us the facts. If you get into central ca. look me up i have a unoccupied home you can stay in while your here. Two cats live there by themselves and I'm sure they wouldn't mind the company.

Hello sailors,

Rimas

Welcome aboard Rimas! Its about time you spoke up in this forum to tell us the facts. If you get into central ca. look me up i have a unoccupied home you can stay in while your here. Two cats live there by themselves and I'm sure they wouldn't mind the company.

you must really hate those cats !

Hello sailors,

Rimas

Cats taste like chicken...goes good with buttery instant mashed potatoes

Hello sailors,

Rimas

Chuckle,....you mean to let Rimas stay here with them?...

.Never met anyone that spends time on a boat that dosen't soon grow fond of a cat or two even Rimas. Part I don't like is when they wish to share half of something they have caught with me in bed.....

They were my sisters cats and they are very well cared for by me or a neighbor. I have three other cats that live with me and three more at my farm in Oregon. when my sister passed away I couldn't just take them to the shelter and no one wants to adopt older cats they want kittens so they still live in her house. Someday i will find them a home. They are very good cats a brown tabby and a jet black long haired guy. Costs me $1400 a month keeping the house vacant in lost rent plus another $400 in taxes and utilities. They are expensive but what else can i do?

Hello sailors,

Rimas

Cats taste like chicken...goes good with buttery instant mashed potatoes

Is that based upon personal experience, you have eaten pussy before?........humm.....but Rimas seems partial to chi....ah oh, you may have a point

Good eyes. Yes, I cannot imagine Rimas doing any work. And with a more complex boat like this, there is just more to go wrong. The sails looked trashed on this boat and even used sail are going to be expensive.

Jean is still making noise on FB that he is the "ENABLER" and wants to get Rimas back on the water. Even though Jean has his own plans, he still seems to want to throw money at Rimas to get him into another boat. Stay tuned!

Yep. That boat is about 35 years old. Needs standing rigging, running rigging, sails, extensive rewiring, new plumbing hoses, through-hulls need a good looking over, propane system replaced, fuel tank cleaned and lines replaced, engine serviced, and ground tackle. $10K minimum, if DIY, to do a proper refit. I'm sure they'll cut corners. Then there's charts, nav gear, radio, and provisions to buy. And Jean will end up doing all the work, and footing most of the bill. In 12 months the boat will be wrecked on a reef, or a derelict to be abandoned in a South Pacific harbor. Jeans a slow learner.

Yep. That boat is about 35 years old. Needs standing rigging, running rigging, sails, extensive rewiring, new plumbing hoses, through-hulls need a good looking over, propane system replaced, fuel tank cleaned and lines replaced, engine serviced, and ground tackle. $10K minimum, if DIY, to do a proper refit. I'm sure they'll cut corners. Then there's charts, nav gear, radio, and provisions to buy. And Jean will end up doing all the work, and footing most of the bill. In 12 months the boat will be wrecked on a reef, or a derelict to be abandoned in a South Pacific harbor. Jeans a slow learner.

I agree, there would be a lot of work and expense to do a proper refit. But here is what Rimas says on FB, all set to go to sea:

Rimas Meleshyus added 7 new photos.

4 hrs ·

July 31, 2015 Astoria,Oregon. For the first time asked $6,000 dollars, than later negation continues for $4,800 and I want for $4,000 dollars, but the best price for me for $3,000 dollars. Its 30 foot everything it has inside ready to sail around the world. G.P.S is excellent, good heater and solar panel is charging everything in very good shape its amazing price.

The way I see it...while on the hard, the current owner has left an uncovered jib strewn on the foredeck, the main isn't properly covered, there's a couple crappy, undersized fenders hanging over the side, and the life sling is left exposed to weather on the push-pit. Nothing to inspire confidence that everything we can't see has been cared for or maintained any better. It's not a bad boat...Rimas can probably average 2 knots instead of his previous 1.3. But it's definately not "ready for the sea". It's going to need a thorough refit to be safe and reliable. And then it has to be maintained in that condition. Nothing, repeat nothing, leads me to think that will ever happen.

What happened to his other boat? I have some catching up to do.

He sold it for $700 and bought a $900 ticket to the land of milk and honey.

Pier Pressure had a years worth of expiring food on board, so it was a loss.

But he still has the captains hat and the quest for a newer boat continues.

But think of the entertaining updates from Rimas over the 12 months. I think Jean believes that is time and money well spent. He is offering Rimas boats for a dollar that would otherwise go to be crushed. Starting with a dollar boat would allow more money for upgrades.

I was intrigued and asked Jean and he said they crushed around 12 boats a month, but for me a free boat would cost thousands for a trailer and gas to bring home, so I bought one in Canada instead.

I imagine they salvage some gear off those destroyed boats that would be used to fix up Rimas boat saving more money. But Jean has said he is going cruising so the window for Rimas is closing rapidly.

I think if I was in Rimas position, I would take a boat and help from Jean and then cruise the delta for this winter and some time next summer head down to Mexico and spend next winter there. If the boat falls apart he could get a bus back to Seattle and start again for the blue water boat with all the money he saved in the meanwhile. Or fly to Hawaii and buy a used boat there that really is kitted out completely.

But think of the entertaining updates from Rimas over the 12 months. I think Jean believes that is time and money well spent. He is offering Rimas boats for a dollar that would otherwise go to be crushed. Starting with a dollar boat would allow more money for upgrades.

I was intrigued and asked Jean and he said they crushed around 12 boats a month, but for me a free boat would cost thousands for a trailer and gas to bring home, so I bought one in Canada instead.

I imagine they salvage some gear off those destroyed boats that would be used to fix up Rimas boat saving more money. But Jean has said he is going cruising so the window for Rimas is closing rapidly.

I think if I was in Rimas position, I would take a boat and help from Jean and then cruise the delta for this winter and some time next summer head down to Mexico and spend next winter there. If the boat falls apart he could get a bus back to Seattle and start again for the blue water boat with all the money he saved in the meanwhile. Or fly to Hawaii and buy a used boat there that really is kitted out completely.

they crush them and recycle them or to a land fill?

I think if I was in Rimas position, I would take a boat and help from Jean and then cruise the delta for this winter and some time next summer head down to Mexico and spend next winter there. If the boat falls apart he could get a bus back to Seattle and start again for the blue water boat with all the money he saved took from us taxpayers in the meanwhile. Or fly to Hawaii and buy a used boat there that really is kitted out completely.

fixed that one for ya .

they crush them and recycle them or to a land fill?

I think it's hazardous waste. I don't know whether it ends up in a landfill or incinerator or what.

..Rimas can probably average 2 knots instead of his previous 1.3. But it's definately not "ready for the sea". It's going to need a thorough refit to be safe and reliable. And then it has to be maintained in that condition. Nothing, repeat nothing, leads me to think that will ever happen.

...what's doubly astounding about this is that he'd be starting the circumdebacle all over again...for a -third- time!!!.

...why couldn't he have flown westabout to get back, and call the rtw all done!?

It's frikkenunbelievable the spoonfeeding he's getting, and interesting to see how tenaciously Rimass negotiates on that boat

The way I see it...while on the hard, the current owner has left an uncovered jib strewn on the foredeck, the main isn't properly covered, there's a couple crappy, undersized fenders hanging over the side, and the life sling is left exposed to weather on the push-pit. Nothing to inspire confidence that everything we can't see has been cared for or maintained any better. It's not a bad boat...Rimas can probably average 2 knots instead of his previous 1.3. But it's definately not "ready for the sea". It's going to need a thorough refit to be safe and reliable. And then it has to be maintained in that condition. Nothing, repeat nothing, leads me to think that will ever happen.

You forgot to mention the winch handle dangling from the mast.

Guys, guys, guys: none of that is problem for Rimas. Remember, he's the guy who thinks it's fine to leave standing rigging held in place by some old bungies. Rimas the mighty sailor who cannot hoist a sail by himself, old rotted jibs left draped across the foredeck are just fine. The only rigging work he's going to do is to hang dead fish from it.

Next stop, the dollar store for a couple pallet loads of buttery instant mashed potatoes!

Ohey !!

FB- Doug

My bad.

Guys, guys, guys: none of that is problem for Rimas. Remember, he's the guy who thinks it's fine to leave standing rigging held in place by some old bungies. Rimas the mighty sailor who cannot hoist a sail by himself, old rotted jibs left draped across the foredeck are just fine. The only rigging work he's going to do is to hang dead fish from it.

Next stop, the dollar store for a couple pallet loads of buttery instant mashed potatoes!

Ohey !!

FB- Doug

Very true. There won't be any rigging replacement, and 30 yo rotted sails are fine. Patch up the electrical system with lamp cord. Don't bother cleaning the fuel tank; and thru-hulls...what are they? Ohey! Ready for blue water! Record breaking huge geography! Where's the rotten Mahi?

My bad.

Just throw that whinch handle away. Rimas doesn't need any winches!

My bad.

thats funny....thanks for the laugh.

But who knows, maybe rimas has turned over a new leaf now that the extreme dangers of the southern seas have made him decide on a blue water built vessel.

My bad.

But who knows, maybe rimas has turned over a new leaf now that the extreme dangers of the southern seas have made him decide on a blue water built vessel.

Don't get carried away. Irwin Citation is a decent coastal cruiser, much better than the San Juan. But blue water might be stretching things a bit. It'll probably make it to the South Pacific okay. Not a Cape Horn boat, although there's no worries about that...Rimas won't get any further south than he already has unless he becomes proficient at sailing to windward. That's not likely.

Don't get carried away. Irwin Citation is a decent coastal cruiser, much better than the San Juan. But blue water might be stretching things a bit. It'll probably make it to the South Pacific okay. Not a Cape Horn boat, although there's no worries about that...Rimas won't get any further south than he already has unless he becomes proficient at sailing to windward. That's not likely.

From my very limited experience with blue water cruising I realized long ago it wasn't going to happen. However, since day one he was stuck in the same rut refusing to learn. Like a broken record he just kept repeating himself but all of a sudden that changed. Something bumped the record into another grove which could signal he is ready and willing to put some effort into getting the equipment he really needs, and training. I hope he makes it to Ca. where i am stuck for the next couple of months so maybe i can track him down and have a chat. If I come away endorsing his quest you can be sure he answered all my questions to my satisfaction and convinced me he is real and not a bum.

That said, even with the right equipment and lots of work, study on his part he won't be ready for the horn for years. Even if he whimps out and vies for the Straights of Magellan instead of the Cape Horn like most do it is still a tough trip requiring considerable skill according to what i have read.

I would love to see him make it

11834924_481591501999754_153694106128622

Would be handy for Rimas if those stands came with it..

:rolleyes: Why? To use them requires work. He would stare at them waiting for something to happen then one or more of you guys would happen by and set them up for him.....or......he would walk away and start begging for money for another boat :)

I commented on FB that it was good to see that the jib and fenders were ready for use but he should uncover that mainsail to be even better prepared.

Was that mean?

You hater!

So here is the latest from the chief "ENABLER", a Laguna 24S, http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?CLASS_ID=129 Not even a "blue water" boat.

Laguna 24.jpg

I'm guessing the narcissistic captain will consider that boat beneath him, although it does match his skill level and $. He'll probably throw a hissy fit, and deliberately sabotage the boat until he's given another one.

So here is the latest from the chief "ENABLER", a Laguna 24S, http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?CLASS_ID=129 Not even a "blue water" boat.

attachicon.gifLaguna 24.jpg

I dunno. It's got a blue stripe, 1\2 blue sails, likely blue antifouling...ain't that blue enough for you??

......it's definitely a water yacht.

I dunno. It's got a blue stripe, 1\2 blue sails, likely blue antifouling...ain't that blue enough for you??

......it's definitely a water yacht.

Ohey! You might be right.

Laguna 24.jpg

I'm guessing the narcissistic captain will consider that boat beneath him, although it does match his skill level and $. He'll probably throw a hissy fit, and deliberately sabotage the boat until he's given another one.

I am sure that Jean's idea is to give him a boat and keep him inside SF Bay. And Rimas likes free. But that boat would be a poor choice to take outside the GG. And like any boat he chooses, if he does not maintain it, it will fall apart and he will discard it. I am often surprised at Jean's choices of boats that he thinks are good offshore or even coastal boats. I see this boat losing it's rig and the rudder breaking. I still think that the SJ24 was a great boat for Rimas's budget and sailing style. But it needed to be maintained.

Laguna 24.jpg

I am sure that Jean's idea is to give him a boat and keep him inside SF Bay. And Rimas likes free. But that boat would be a poor choice to take outside the GG. And like any boat he chooses, if he does not maintain it, it will fall apart and he will discard it. I am often surprised at Jean's choices of boats that he thinks are good offshore or even coastal boats. I see this boat losing it's rig and the rudder breaking. I still think that the SJ24 was a great boat for Rimas's budget and sailing style. But it needed to be maintained.
I think Jean wants Rimas to have a boat he won't be inclined to go offshore in, but that's probably wishfull thinking. Yeah, I see the rig or rudder breaking on that boat. On the plus side, it will be inexpensive to refit... probably another reason Jean is pushing it.

:rolleyes: Why? To use them requires work. He would stare at them waiting for something to happen then one or more of you guys would happen by and set them up for him.....or......he would walk away and start begging for money for another boat :)

He surely wouldn't notice the drag if he left them attached...

Plus, he could hang fish from them

FB- Doug

Jean works in strange ways.

I'm starting to wonder if Jean = Scott. Since the demise of the FH and its associated thread the only thing keeping the clicks up around here is Rimas and this thread. Thus, Scott must do all he can to keep the thread going. And the best (only?) way to do that is to keep Rimas at sea with a function Delorme. Plus, I think he can classify the cost of enabling Rimas as marketing. Bonus!

He now plans on leaving SF for Tahiti in October. Fitting out for a passage isn't high on his list of priorities.

Jean and others will do all the work of fitting out.

He now plans on leaving SF for Tahiti in October. Fitting out for a passage isn't high on his list of priorities.

Jean and others will do all the work of fitting out.

Exactly, in Rimas's world boats are self fitting.

I was under the impression that Rimas already knew how to park a fin keel boat without having to resort to using jack stands like us mere mortals do.

Significantly lower-quality build than the bluewater-proven SJ24.

But then, if all you do is drift, does it matter?

I can imagine if the tiller ever loaded up, Rimas would panic and declare he was in mortal danger as demons had possessed his boat.