Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

So … he looks like a good guy on Facebook but he is quite the opposite.

Is that not a good thing ? Cause that's the only reason I'm on FB.

censoring the truth is never a good thing. Why do you think it is?

we're talking about the internet here so you're either older than 50 - I'm guessing...or very naive...or both, which is it?

you do spend an inordinate amount of time on this thread so I'm guessing both.

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RKoch

• bfloyd4445

• couchsurfer

• Lochnerian Tom

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Quixote An amazing resemblance... "The story follows the adventures of a Russian noble (hidalgo) named Rimas who reads Kon Tiki so many times that he loses

I thought I posted several paragraphs with pictures last night but when I checked in this morning, they were gone! So either the post was taken down or I forgot to hit "Save" (it was late and I was ti

Posted Images

Someone is editing the negative comments on Rimas's FB page in a peculiarly selective way.

Some negative ones are left for controversy and others that hit the mark are removed.

It's clever since the moron enablers think their take on his exploits are somehow realistic, sensible and holding sway.

them facebook mods are in la la land anyway so it wouldn't surprise me. Wondered what happened to the couple of comments i left and now I know.

I think if i had to pick the one thing to hate it would be censorship of any kind for any reason.

There's a popular right wing cartoonist in Australia who has a Facebook page that talks about freedom of speech etc. yet he has staff immediately censoring FB comments on his posts.

This is particularly important as he has been convicted of fraud and found to be using alias to do dirty business.

Trickypig, that's one of the reasons I'm not fond of facebook. Tyrants always claim to support what's right while their henchmen weed out opposition, destroy the truth and mold pseudo facts to fill in the blanks

I just want to make sure I'm understanding this: You are objecting to the use of pseudo facts? After the deliciously ridiculous nonsense you've spewed on this thread...repeatedly, and after being called on it over and over? You don't seem tyrannical at all, though. You seem more like one of those guys that used to know everything before Google came along.

Trickypig, that's one of the reasons I'm not fond of facebook. Tyrants always claim to support what's right while their henchmen weed out opposition, destroy the truth and mold pseudo facts to fill in the blanks

dont forget bfloyd4445 that............"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

psycho....

kk_zpsvz8ri7cp.jpg

Rimas' hubris induces nausea in actual sailors nearby. Wonder if Rimas had to even speak to that poor fellow there to cause him to blow chunks off the dock?

Well played.

post-10935-0-57471200-1439212058.gif

Someone is editing the negative comments on Rimas's FB page in a peculiarly selective way.

Some negative ones are left for controversy and others that hit the mark are removed.

It's clever since the moron enablers think their take on his exploits are somehow realistic, sensible and holding sway.

them facebook mods are in la la land anyway so it wouldn't surprise me. Wondered what happened to the couple of comments i left and now I know.

I think if i had to pick the one thing to hate it would be censorship of any kind for any reason.

There's a popular right wing cartoonist in Australia who has a Facebook page that talks about freedom of speech etc. yet he has staff immediately censoring FB comments on his posts.

This is particularly important as he has been convicted of fraud and found to be using alias to do dirty business.

Wait... What? Someone on the internet is a fraud?

Moreover Facebook is participating in this.

The impact of Facebook in the world has been huge politically and socially… Local government, American political strategists at a federal level, the Arab Spring and a small time pan handler wanting people to give him a boat and gear to drift.

In all these situations I think we should be told when posts are deleted and blocked by the owner of a profile. At least we will know that not everyone's opinions are being expressed.

Many profiles (like that cartoonist's) which look and purport to be a forum will then be seen as heavily modified and not at all a `forum'..

Yes, the readers should be informed of any item removed and the reason for doing so. Most websites of that type just do it and if the author protests they take away your ability to answer posts or to post comments on their site

dont forget bfloyd4445 that............"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

psycho....

That's what they tell us. But I would like to remind you of what happened to the USSR. Georgia decided to stop sending money to Moscow and when others provinces followed suit the army when ordered to kick ass said," you can no longer pay us, you do your own butt kicking", that was the end of the USSR without bloodshed. The people stood together so the tyrants were powerless. The USSR with no resources to buy mercenaries was out of business.

If you remember it was a polish dock worker part of the illegal organized labor movement that started the whole thing.

I know the impulse will be to poke fun. There are pics of the lovely family complete with puppies and kitten. I just can't. But I was really tempted to ask if there's a build blog. ;)

Rimas Meleshyus added 3 new photos.
23 hrs ·

I will be staying couple days on this a beautiful boat in Granite Falls, Washington. My friends are sailors too.

11836677_485943874897850_481271400364487

I have a Vision of The Future, chum,
The worker's flats in fields of soya beans
Tower up like silver pencils, score on score:
And Surging Millions hear the Challenge come
From microphones in communal canteens
"No Right! No wrong! All's perfect, evermore."

Sir John Betjeman

http://allpoetry.com/The-Planster%27s-Vision

I know the impulse will be to poke fun. There are pics of the lovely family complete with puppies and kitten. I just can't. But I was really tempted to ask if there's a build blog. ;)

23 hrs ·

I will be staying couple days on this a beautiful boat in Granite Falls, Washington. My friends are sailors too.

Rimas just loves all boats. Good trait

I have a Vision of The Future, chum,

The worker's flats in fields of soya beans

Tower up like silver pencils, score on score:

And Surging Millions hear the Challenge come

From microphones in communal canteens

"No Right! No wrong! All's perfect, evermore."

Sir John Betjeman

http://allpoetry.com/The-Planster%27s-Vision

Nice, thanks for posting

B

......^^...seems eerily appropriate to be stacking firewood under that boat :mellow:

.........................''My friends are sailors too.'' :wacko:

NO!......that vessel has potential. If she isn't seaworthy you can grow many kinds of mushrooms on the hull and the fertile marsh that will develop at the septic discharge will filter and purify the discharge eliminating any oder after a year or so of growth just like in the town of Arcada California. In Arcada the marsh is now a popular jogging area full of wild life. The vessel itself can provide a comfortable shelter and home for humans as well.

Geez.....she is a grand ship. Years ago I helped save a grand old fantail steamer the personal yatch of President Harding I think named the Welcome 2. Don't think that was the name she held when Harding owned her. I used to pass her often watching her rot away until I managed to get a few boat types interested in saving her. Last I saw of her she had been refitted and planked and was almost ready for the sea. She was 65 feet

I get irate when any is spoken of with respect.

......^^...seems eerily appropriate to be stacking firewood under that boat :mellow:

.........................''My friends are sailors too.'' :wacko:

i thought the exact same thing. maybe our hero will get cold or go out for an after love making smoke.

23 hrs ·

Looks like some sort of Buehler-esque err... vessel. Yeah, that's it.

And Rimas will be squatting on it? Cleanup on aisle three!

23 hrs ·

I will say it, that is a bizarre looking boat. And from the way the plank lines run below the chines, I question the construction methods. Looks like someones home design build.

23 hrs ·

I will say it, that is a bizarre looking boat. And from the way the plank lines run below the chines, I question the construction methods. Looks like someones home design build.

Now I figured it out. It is not a boat, it is just an out building and spare guest bedroom built to look like a boat. Yeah! That's it! Just some kind of nautical theme in the Cascade foothills.

23 hrs ·

That's classic sharpie construction. Do some reading...

I wonder why he didn't strip plank the whole boat? The cross planking is fine on narrow sharpies, but not so much on a real displacement hull, compared to strip planking, IMO.

I like it. Looks like an excellent, extremely comfortable driftaboard. Equally at home in Hanga Roa as Richardson Bay.

psycho....

That's what they tell us. But I would like to remind you of what happened to the USSR. Georgia decided to stop sending money to Moscow and when others provinces followed suit the army when ordered to kick ass said," you can no longer pay us, you do your own butt kicking", that was the end of the USSR without bloodshed. The people stood together so the tyrants were powerless. The USSR with no resources to buy mercenaries was out of business.

If you remember it was a polish dock worker part of the illegal organized labor movement that started the whole thing.

Wait! This is not correct. Guy was told Mr. Ron Reagan singlehandedly defeated and brought down the CCC of P? No?

23 hrs ·

Some V-bottom boats use cross-plank construction from the chine to the keel.

Some V-bottom boats use cross-plank construction from the chine to the keel.

This one, for example.

23 hrs ·

Would be nice if we could see the whole vessel. Sorta reminds me of a cannel boat i saw once in Europe. If the helm is behind those upper windows the pilot is gonna have a rough job seeing much.

psycho....

Wait! This is not correct. Guy was told Mr. Ron Reagan singlehandedly defeated and brought down the CCC of P? No?

there were other factors like resignation of Mikhail Gorbachev, but the dockworkers strike was the straw I think that broke the USSR's back and the satellite countries quit funding Moscow. Was the cumulation of many events

23 hrs ·

So you think this boat was designed for shallow water?...........

23 hrs ·

Or adopted the construction method. I ued to own a wooden Star planked dory-style...parallel non-tapered bottom planks. It certainly wasn't a dory.

Cross planked Vee bottoms make fitting planks to the keel rebate easier. Eliminates the tricky long twisted plank with variable width and variable bevel of a normal garboard plank. Start with a long plank, bevel the end for your rebate, fasten the plank and cut the end off at the chine log. Method is also well suited to random width boards that might come from a backwoods mill.

At least that is what I remember reading, have never done a carvel plank. Did stay at Holiday Inn Express one time though.

..... .....

I don't think this boat was designed at all.

And it certainly doesn't look like it should ever be put in the water, but if you were determined, shallow water would be much much better.

FB- Doug

Cross planked Vee bottoms make fitting planks to the keel rebate easier. Eliminates the tricky long twisted plank with variable width and variable bevel of a normal garboard plank. Start with a long plank, bevel the end for your rebate, fasten the plank and cut the end off at the chine log. Method is also well suited to random width boards that might come from a backwoods mill.

At least that is what I remember reading, have never done a carvel plank. Did stay at Holiday Inn Express one time though.

So do you need a lot of longitudinals to support the planks between the chine and keel?

In the PNW, there was a boat called the Geary 18 designed by Ted Geary. It was also referred to as a flattie. The planks were run athwartship from chine to chine with no curvature whatsoever. Was not a lot of rocker either. They raced one design in the PNW and I think it made to other parts of the country. Later fiberglass construction took care of the planks.

A Holiday Inn Express almost killed me in 2005. I spent 1.5 days on the floor in pain after eating their food. After the trip to the hospital they did refund my money

So do you need a lot of longitudinals to support the planks between the chine and keel?

In the PNW, there was a boat called the Geary 18 designed by Ted Geary. It was also referred to as a flattie. The planks were run athwartship from chine to chine with no curvature whatsoever. Was not a lot of rocker either. They raced one design in the PNW and I think it made to other parts of the country. Later fiberglass construction took care of the planks.

I believe the planks are usually angled so they cross a few frames. It's also possible there's longitudal stringers let in to the frames for additional strength and fastening location. I haven't examined closely a boat built that way, but I've seen it in books.

Cross-planked Flatties have heavier chine logs and a plank keelson.

It's not a sophisticated or ultralight method of construction.

A Holiday Inn Express almost killed me in 2005. I spent 1.5 days on the floor in pain after eating their food. After the trip to the hospital they did refund my money
So the advertising is correct, you are smarter after staying there...

As we approach 10,000 posts, I suspect that reads like "fame" to the Rimas rather than the flame it was meant to be. My guess is that most of the 10k are off-thread discussions of the Holiday Inn, boats' suitability, and cross planking variety. At least several hundred posts discuss the moron's moronity, another few hundred are insults hurled [and heaved] at other posters; a thousand are pure pap, signifying nothing, like this post. Similar to the Kardashians, Rimas is "famous" in his crazy butt-headed way, but I WOULD SUGGEST HE BE TERMED "FLAMOUS."

Jes' sayin'.

As we approach 10,000 posts, I suspect that reads like "fame" to the Rimas rather than the flame it was meant to be. My guess is that most of the 10k are off-thread discussions of the Holiday Inn, boats' suitability, and cross planking variety. At least several hundred posts discuss the moron's moronity, another few hundred are insults hurled [and heaved] at other posters; a thousand are pure pap, signifying nothing, like this post. Similar to the Kardashians, Rimas is "famous" in his crazy butt-headed way, but I WOULD SUGGEST HE BE TERMED "FLAMOUS."

Jes' sayin'.

And porn. Don't forget the porn.

vintage-erotica11.jpg

A friend of mine was playing a gig, and left his banjo sitting in the back seat of his car. When he came back outside, he saw the back window broken and a second banjo laying in the seat. :D

23 hrs ·

Would be nice if we could see the whole vessel. Sorta reminds me of a cannel boat i saw once in Europe. If the helm is behind those upper windows the pilot is gonna have a rough job seeing much.
That looks to be designed off a fishing tug. We've got about a dozen of those things in our harbor.

2A481C8E-88C5-4548-8C5C-A2919E267E47.jpg

23 hrs ·

That looks to be designed off a fishing tug. We've got about a dozen of those things in our harbor.

That looks like a Great Lakes boat.

23 hrs ·

That looks like a Great Lakes boat.

You would be correct. That's in Sheboygan on Lake Michigan.

.......^^....depends?.....yah, she's prolly postergirl for them now. :mellow:

....call him what you may. For me, king Ineptune still is the toprank.

How about flamous King Ineptune?

.......flamous King Ineptune, chicken of the sea :)

I'm surprised to be the one to break the news. Jean located a new boat for Rimas, it is a Balboa 26 with a swing keel and pop-top.

Photo from Jean's FB page:

http://i.imgur.com/JwSfVLh.jpg

An excellent blue-water cruiser. Much easier to beach.

Excellent for grifting downwind. Shoal draft expands his huge geography. Def matches his captain status. Cape Horn here he comes! Ohey!

I'm surprised to be the one to break the news. Jean located a new boat for Rimas, it is a Balboa 26 with a swing keel and pop-top.

An excellent blue-water cruiser. Much easier to beach.

Excellent for grifting downwind. Shoal draft expands his huge geography. Def matches his captain status. Cape Horn here he comes! Ohey!

Yes, and with the trailer strapped on it will be easy to tow

Vasco Núñez de Balboa was a Spanish explorer, governor, and conquistador. He is best known for having crossed the Isthmus of Panama to the Pacific Ocean in 1513, becoming the first European to lead an ... Wikipedia

Reamus Ohey de Melashylock, is a deadbeat, dipshit, panhandling grifter. He is best known for always requiring help to get in and out of port, not to overlook being rescued by USCG helicopter after losing his unprepared boat off Alaska. Said to speak several languages of which the terms "help me" and "give me," are overused. Still, fools are born every minute and Reamus has collected enough FB "friends" to consider himself marvelously famous. YCMTSU.

Vasco Núñez de Balboa was a Spanish explorer, governor, and conquistador. He is best known for having crossed the Isthmus of Panama to the Pacific Ocean in 1513, becoming the first European to lead an ... Wikipedia
Reamus Ohey de Melashylock, is a deadbeat, dipshit, panhandling grifter. He is best known for always requiring help to get in and out of port, not to overlook being rescued by USCG helicopter after losing his unprepared boat off Alaska. Said to speak several languages of which the terms "help me" and "give me," are overused. Still, fools are born every minute and Reamus has collected enough FB "friends" to consider himself marvelously famous. YCMTSU.

our rimas all of that?....geez, that has to be some kind of world record. You forgot his world famous, unique drifting skills, his record breaking skill using a mahi mahi as a sail and lets not forget his mastery of the art of caulking. The list goes on and on. But i like this catch better

post-103965-0-44669500-1439688254_thumb.jpg

bfloyd4445, Blue Crab et al ... you need to reclaim your previous lives..... let this thread die.

get over his drifting...the fish...the potato flakes..the choked chicken...the caulking and the word Ohey!

get your life back!!

fuck this thread has become the who's who of sad men...it's now more about you sad stalwarts than Capt. iNeptune (lol...I told the iNeptune joke for the 2,341st time (never gets old))

bfloyd4445, Blue Crab et al ... you need to reclaim your previous lives..... let this thread die.

get over his drifting...the fish...the potato flakes..the choked chicken...the caulking and the word Ohey!

get your life back!!

fuck this thread has become the who's who of sad men...it's now more about you sad stalwarts than Capt. iNeptune (lol...I told the iNeptune joke for the 2,341st time (never gets old))

chuckle.....kingstonsail you start out slapping us around then end with a statement slapping you into the same category as us. As my mom would have said, ah bloody _ell mate, ya went and put your own foot in yur mouth didna ya? Time ye add a pint bloke

get your life back!!

oh__the_irony__by_jaredfurrychad-d8r440x

get your life back!!

chuckle.....kingstonsail you start out slapping us around then end with a statement slapping you into the same category as us. As my mom would have said, ah bloody _ell mate, ya went and put your own foot in yur mouth didna ya? Time ye add a pint bloke

I guess sarcasm is beyond your repertoire....the iNeptune joke was still slapping you around...like with a mahi mahi...OHEY!! (last six words in sarcasm font also - for the humor deficient)

get your life back!!

I guess sarcasm is beyond your repertoire....the iNeptune joke was still slapping you around...like with a mahi mahi...OHEY!! (last six words in sarcasm font also - for the humor deficient)

oh goodie, will that qualify us for ssi or a disability check???

Hey, relax, this is like intermission at the movies. waiting for the next reel. :)

get your life back!!

Dammit man! To lump me with bfloyd4445 makes me blood boil! I have him on ignore FCS!

get your life back!!

Just for you.

19.jpg

I was not aware that Laguna/Windrose built any boats capable of getting much farther than Catalina Island on a calm day.

Job #1: inspect and probably replace the swing-keel hinge pin and whatever lifting hardware is associated with it. I'm pretty sure the pin is simple cold-rolled steel.

How anyone would see this hodge-podge collection of questionable attributes as "blue water" boggles my mind. These boats were POSes when brand new. The SJ24 is much better built. I'm willing to bet the mast hinge is 1/8" - 3/16" (3-4 mm) bent stainless sheet. That would be period correct. I'm sure every single hole drilled through the mast and in contact with ss is a crumbling Al2O3 spongecake.

The discussion on Facebook exploded today with the discussion about the new boat Jean is buying for Rimas. A couple of comments are priceless. Jean say that he can built the boat so that "Rimas may be lost at sea, but it will not be the boats fault" and he will put a float on top of the mast so the boat won't turn over:

Rich Bartholomew‎Rimas Meleshyus

22 hrs ·

Okay, our good friend, Rimas, has agreed to come to Bellingham next week to learn to sail upwind. I'm a teacher... no problem. But if The Shannon wants to join me... I would be honored and happy.

25 people like this.

Shannon Buys Sounds like fun! Keep me updated on when this might take place

Like · Reply · 2 · 21 hrs

Robin Pierce Oh, my! That does sound fun! We expect pictures, you know!

Like · Reply · 19 hrs

Mark Stieber Teach him to sail all points of sail and we may get the guys on sailing anarchy to pay up! smile emoticon

Like · Reply · 2 · 19 hrs

Pete White Be careful with The Shannon on board. He sinks boats!!!

Like · Reply · 3 · 18 hrs

Rich Bartholomew Mine might be a challenge to sink. wink emoticon

Like · Reply · 1 · 15 hrs

Tom Ray Video with GPS tracks please.

Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Rich Bartholomew I'm confident one of the major news networks will provide complete coverage. smile emoticon

Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs

Tom Ray Shoot some back up footage, in case their helicopters malfunction or are weathered out.

Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hrs

Rich Bartholomew It will necessarily be Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday, as those are my days off.

Like · Reply · 8 hrs

Jean Mondeau Great because I got him a boat lined up. He should be floating or drifting next month. And it includes a 10 hp Honda.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs · Edited

Jean Mondeau This will soon be his next home

Jean Mondeau's photo.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Jean Mondeau It's a 25 foot Laguna Windrose.

Jean Mondeau's photo.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Jean Mondeau Now I need to say this. This is Rimas third boat. The last two boats he destroyed by various means so this boat, taking that into account will be built so that it is virtually impossible for him to destroy short of running it up on a reef. It has a retractable keel so we don't have to worry about his mooring abilities. You can raise and lower the mast because it has a mast step and it is light. The rudder is stern hung so he can take it off and repair it if he needs to. And best of all he can raise the rudder and centerboard and throw an anchor off the bow (acting like a drogue) and point into the wind in a storm. I will install a mast head float like those you see on Hobie cats to make sure he doesn't capsize. And all the rigging will be upgraded and doubled.

Like · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs

Rimas Meleshyus Thank you Jean, I am coming soon to Sausalito, California.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Jim Gillan Jean you are a genius - this is the vessel Rimas was born to berth.

Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Benjamin Rummen Jean - I admire your effort and I hate to say it but think you may be underestimating open ocean conditions. Retractable keel boats are notoriously unstable/under ballasted and when the roll over they tend to loose their rig. Transom hung outboards are also vulnerable and can cause the transom itself to fail/delaminate over time. I think Rimas was on the right path with a contessa or similar boat. Alberg 30's are cheap as can be and are offshore proven.

Like · Reply · 4 · 5 hrs

Jean Mondeau Read Tinkerbell by Robert Manry. He crossed oceans in less. And the boat budget is a whopping 500 bucks.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs · Edited

Jean Mondeau https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Manry

Robert Manry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Benjamin Rummen I'm very familiar with the book and adventure. But his boat was so small that there were no real forces on the rigging. If his mast came down all he had to do was lift it up. Stepping a mast at sea, even on a small boat is incredibly challenging. There is also much speculation that his book contained much embellishment (much like Tristan Jones). I'm not intending to criticize you, but I do feel that there are much safer boats to take. Just because it's been do e before doesn't mean it's safe or smart.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Jean Mondeau Ben, the mast on this boat weights 35 lbs. Rimas really needs a glorified rowboat. That's all he can handle. Really! I spent three months rigging and fixing his last boat and know his skills (or lack of). He needs a safe strong drifter he can motor in to any harbor like a powered skiff. Not a keel boat. One that he can lift the mast and lower for repairs or stuck sails etc.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Benjamin Rummen Jean - be that as it may, the prospect of raising and lowering the mast whilst at sea for repairs is far fetched, and centerboard boats have a single pint of failure. Well maintained and used recreationally they are fine, but open ocean where they can't be maintained they aren't safe. Keep looking! There are some really cool and inexpensive boats around! The cal 25 is a great example!

Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Jean Mondeau I have faith in Rimas...like he was able to rig my storm jib upside down and backwards. Now that's skill. Anyways the rigging will be set up for raising and lowering in a rough sea. The mast will only swing bow to stern. Not port to stbd.

Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Benjamin Rummen How does that work? Port starboard sway is the hardest part if it.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Jean Mondeau I will install a lower stabilizing stays that ack like a big hinge. It works great but ads an extra set of lower/lower stays. More rigging but something to hang onto

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

David Gauci I liked the Contessa idea. All fine that Rimas drifts around most of the time, but the boat needs to be solid. The contessa 26 is the ticket. Maybe an old C&C Corvette.

Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Ken Mcclow I think everyone likes the Contessa, except the budget department.

Since the last outboard was lost at sea, I think a set of oarlocks would be an excellent addition to the cockpit, along with some oars.

Like · Reply · 1 · 28 mins

Dovid Smith He needs a CAL 25 or something similar if he wants to go small singlehanding. Cheap, sturdy and available.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Benjamin Rummen Heck! Even a cal20 would survive!!

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Dovid Smith Survive, yes, be tolerably comfortable - not so much. A CAL 25 for one person is fairly comfortable. I lived on one for a couple of years.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Benjamin Rummen I completely agree - I've had both! I'm just speaking to the seaworthiness of the boat! Both more so than the Laguna!

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Jean Mondeau I tend to learn from experience . Rimas had two perfectly good boats and because of the non stepped mast and a keel he was paralyzed. He passed within a mile of an island anyone could have rowed to, had he not had to deal with a keel, and could not depart Pago Pago because of broken rigging he could not reach. Now both those problems are solved.

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Benjamin Rummen Solved in that he would have neither after a few days at sea? ( tongue placed firmly in cheek)

Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs

Peter Santerre I say we go with this: Shallow draft, easy to rig, can paddle if there is no wind or current.

Peter Santerre's photo.

Like · Reply · 2 · 5 hrs

Jean Mondeau Buaaaaaa. That so fing right. But I can't register it. Lollllll

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Nathan Bossett @Jean I'm not sure if I understand. You're saying that you think the Pago Pago arrival would have gone better if he'd had a keel he could retract AT SEA?

Like · Reply · 4 hrs

....holy cwapp....to put any prep work on such a boat, anything, would be tantamount to murder. If Rimas can't do it on his own abilities, he's not qualified,safe, or deserving to go to sea.

Mondeau, you're a complete fucktard if you launch him in that.

get your life back!!

Dammit man! To lump me with bfloyd4445 makes me blood boil! I have him on ignore FCS!

Blue Crab, Arthropods have no blood, they have hemolymph which serves a similiar purpose as blood but is not contained in veins arteries as the organs kinda float in a sea of hemolymph. So correctly stated you should have said, will make my hemolymph boil. :) ....

I think any boat Rimas has should be set up for rowing, so after the the outboard motor departs, he can still get into port, or through the doldrums.

pretty sure about 50+ pages back i called for oarlocks ... but that would be way too much work for that grifter.

....holy cwapp....to put any prep work on such a boat, anything, would be tantamount to murder. If Rimas can't do it on his own abilities, he's not qualified,safe, or deserving to go to sea.

...and I don't think you're being too harsh, Couch.

Oh and… rowing a 20 foot + sailboat?? Only if it's where the wind is actually blowing (FFS). Otherwise dream on.

...and I don't think you're being too harsh, Couch.

Oh and rowing a 20 foot + sailboat?? Only if it's where the wind is actually blowing (FFS). Otherwise dream on.

....haven't any regrets typing that. Jean Pm me if you want my details for a libel suit.

Single-handed sailors are usually somewhat self reliant, I wonder why that is? Even the efforts of various 16 yo girls show more cojones!! Abby?...at least she was willing to follow directions.

Rimas has had wayyy more than 2 strikes now. The definition of insanity is to keep repeating the same thing expecting different results. IsIs Rimas really -that- oblivious to the potential danger he faces,,,, or bent on suicide?

Mondeau certainly knows better...what's the motive here Jean...why all the 'help'???

Meanwhile, over on FB, "Our Hero" is searching out content to support his first "real" post on SA...

The expedition sailing around the world alone, next my voyage from America coast will be to the Marquesas.

Rimas%20Poly.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IHAmetW09Q&feature=share

Meanwhile, over on FB, "Our Hero" is searching out content to support his first "real" post on SA...

Rimas Meleshyus

11 hrs · YouTube ·

The expedition sailing around the world alone, next my voyage from America coast will be to the Marquesas.

Rimas%20Poly.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IHAmetW09Q&feature=share

So after he gushed over how American Samoa was the most beautiful place in the world, he has kicked them to the curb and has his sights on a different paradise.

So after he gushed over how American Samoa was the most beautiful place in the world, he has kicked them to the curb and has his sights on a different paradise.

Didn't he drift within a stones throw of Marquesas already?