fucking piece of shit car anarchy

dacapo

WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY Bummer Dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what you got left with now is like a Bad marriage

<---0--->

there is no Right way to go

you need to decide what's the best way from here

I'll Say:

You really liked the Kar and wanted to fix it

from what you said it was kinda cherry so "Restore it" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're just getting a New Kar for pantie's on the dollar B)

so with my jeep in the shop for at least 2 more weeks, I need a ride. I can;t rent a car all this time as it will cost wayyyyyyyy too much. So, a friend offered me one of his old unused cars he owns. Old 90's volvo wagon w/ 220,000 mi. I go to pick it up Monday night, I get to his place and it won;t start. I go home. I go back last night, new battery. Car starts, I drive it home. This morning, car is dead..............If it weren't so fucking cold outside I would swear I have died and am in hell.

Take the battery from the Jeep for the Volvo? Unplug it at night.

Ooo! For a nautical theme, install one of those Perko battery switches in the dash.

Take the battery from the Jeep for the Volvo? Unplug it at night.

Ooo! For a nautical theme, install one of those Perko battery switches in the dash.

tried, but terminals are in wrong place. Buying a battery when spousypoo gets home from work (yeah, she's real happy with my situation right now ;-) she's been my fucking taxi..........)

And the rest of us are feeling pretty smug its not us dealing with all this crap luck...

How about checking at the wreckers for a used terminal lead that is the right length or longer?

Much cheaper than a new battery, though its a nice present to your friend the car loaner.

You will only need one longer lead and those Volvo engine bays, unlike a bunch of newer cars, are relatively accessible from what I recall of my dad's 940.

so with my jeep in the shop for at least 2 more weeks, I need a ride. I can;t rent a car all this time as it will cost wayyyyyyyy too much. So, a friend offered me one of his old unused cars he owns. Old 90's volvo wagon w/ 220,000 mi. I go to pick it up Monday night, I get to his place and it won;t start. I go home. I go back last night, new battery. Car starts, I drive it home. This morning, car is dead..............If it weren't so fucking cold outside I would swear I have died and am in hell.

Does it have heated seats?

Neighbor had the same issue turned out something with the heated seat switch was causing the battery to drain overnight. He pulled a fuse and battery was fine the next day. Might be worth eye balling maybe it jumps out at you and is an easy fix by just popping a fuse out at night.

Just a dumb question - WTF do you need a car for living in NY? Ain't there a bus/subway stop on every block? :-)

Capo Brudda - I hope your car woes get squared away soon - I'm a 20 minute drive to the nearest store, so if we have one that's sickly, we all feel it.

W/R/T the loaner olds - double check the terminal connections - + side at the starter solenoid, ground wherever it hits the frame, make sure those connections are clean (sandpaper, steel wool will clean 'em up nicely if they're grungy). W/a new battery, even as cold as it's been, the car shoulda cranked right over if the cables were OK and making connection.

The GF's a keeper just like the jeep-r. Sort of like when I explained to my then girlfriend... yeah, you know how the outboard's been acting up? well I used your card to, um, get a new one. It's a local business (Andersson marine y'all), so that's good right? So won't that be great? OK, I'll be out... testing it, see you in a bit!

15 years married this July.

it was the rear window windshield wiper!!!!! It's broke, motor ran yet the wiper did not move. They run even if the key is out of ignition. Charged battery and I'm all good

Jeep's motor is pulled and they are taking it apark today and tomorrow. New engine should arrive by late next week. I should have a new car by Valentine's day ;-)

Just a dumb question - WTF do you need a car for living in NY? Ain't there a bus/subway stop on every block? :-)

Capo Brudda - I hope your car woes get squared away soon - I'm a 20 minute drive to the nearest store, so if we have one that's sickly, we all feel it.

W/R/T the loaner olds - double check the terminal connections - + side at the starter solenoid, ground wherever it hits the frame, make sure those connections are clean (sandpaper, steel wool will clean 'em up nicely if they're grungy). W/a new battery, even as cold as it's been, the car shoulda cranked right over if the cables were OK and making connection.

I used to live where he is,, that there is SUBURIA. Ya need wheels.

I used to live where he is,, that there is SUBURIA. Ya need wheels.

yes. N. of NYC. wheels are a must.

it was the rear window windshield wiper!!!!! It's broke, motor ran yet the wiper did not move. They run even if the key is out of ignition. Charged battery and I'm all good

Jeep's motor is pulled and they are taking it apark today and tomorrow. New engine should arrive by late next week. I should have a new car by Valentine's day ;-)

Does the rear windor defroster work?

It'll keep your hands warmer as you're pushing it!

haaaaaa. I pushed the hoopdee yesterday....no rear window defroster. it was cold ;-) Jeep is hard to push

• 4 weeks later...

I GET MY JEEP BACK ON FRIDAY( or at least that's the plan).after almost 2 goddamnmutherfuckingmonths......................

Dang -- go easy on it and really check it over anything seems out of whack let the shop know ASAP. The vehicle drama you've been through another major failure would be enough to send you to the loony bin.

Keep a very close eye on fluids for a while!!!! Oil, coolant etc.

Good luck

I GET MY JEEP BACK ON FRIDAY( or at least that's the plan).after almost 2 goddamnmutherfuckingmonths......................

Dang -- go easy on it and really check it over anything seems out of whack let the shop know ASAP. The vehicle drama you've been through another major failure would be enough to send you to the loony bin.

Keep a very close eye on fluids for a while!!!! Oil, coolant etc.

Good luck

good break in oil for the first 3000 miles. going to go by the book..

in the spring I'm changing the transfer case oil which needs to be done

I have an 06 h3

Blew engine at 125k- blew tranny after the engine swap- new tranny-

This year :

Motor

Tranny

Rebuilt transfer case

Billstien shocks

New ball joints

New lower a arms

New tires

And a febreeze vent clip that smells like the morning after a questionable evening

Dacapo

Sounds like you need

" a febreeze vent clip that smells like the morning after a questionable evening"

Just to maybe give you that extra bit of luck ;-)

going to autozone in the morning ;-)

Dacapo

Sounds like you need

" a febreeze vent clip that smells like the morning after a questionable evening"

It's called "broken dreams"..

. If you leave an old sailing glove in there with it..the First warm day will enhance the aromathereputic effect.

Dacapo

Sounds like you need

It's called "broken dreams"..

. If you leave an old sailing glove in there with it..the First warm day will enhance the aromathereputic effect.

Christmas tree air freshener...

I have an 06 h3

This year :

Motor

Tranny

Rebuilt transfer case

Billstien shocks

New ball joints

New lower a arms

New tires

And a febreeze vent clip that smells like the morning after a questionable evening

1. Jack up the radiator cap.

2. Drive new car under radiator cap.

3. Replace radiator cap.

Nacradriver:

I had the gear oil changed, which was relatively clean.

So I took the Jeep to my regular garage, they changed gear oil, tested it, and said "The problem with your transmission, is your transmission". Rebuilding a transmission is ~$2,500 USD. together with replacing the leaking rear end seal, which may make this terminal for a $3,000 well used vehicle.

I have an 06 h3

This year :

Motor

Tranny

Rebuilt transfer case

Billstien shocks

New ball joints

New lower a arms

New tires

Dude! That beast has more value in scrap.....

Classic!

Archived