Memorable T-Shirts with Sailing Slogan On Them

Glenn McCarthy

Drinking rum before noon does not make you an alcoholic....

It makes you a Pirate!

One I've seen often, including around Chicago on a well known/regarded 40.7, I think the shirts date back to a J/35?

BOAT NAME. The drinking team, with a sailing problem.

My kids got me a shirt from Martha's Vineyard. If a man speaks at sea where no woman can hear, is he still wrong? My wife says yes!

What are some of your favorite Sailing T-Shirt Slogans?

A certain paid-hand organization had one, "In Us They Trust."

Waaay back in the day, I used to own one of those shirts. Fun way to make a living. Somebody made up some nearly identical tee shirts for our counterparts, the "racer chasers". Just added an "h" after the "t".

We used to have a guy in our crew that owned a screen print shop. Whenever he'd have an inspiration he'd show up with custom shirts. One good one was "Shut Up and Drive" which was meant to keep the skipper from constantly asking the trimmers if the sails were in enough.

Another time we had a guest hot shot on board that was always complaining that he couldn't see the instruments. Our guy showed up the next day with shirts that had a sketch of the instrument cluster printed on the back. No slogan, but it was hilarious.

What are some of your favorite Sailing T-Shirt Slogans?

A certain paid-hand organization had one, "In Us They Trust."

Waaay back in the day, I used to own one of those shirts. Fun way to make a living. Somebody made up some nearly identical tee shirts for our counterparts, the "racer chasers". Just added an "h" after the "t".

In the next edition, add into the obverse side, "Sailing gets me wet".

Archived