Corsair Pulse 600

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You folks must be fortunate to sail in places with steady windspeed with no gusts or lulls and no wind shifts and no current and very little traffic.   If you are looking at instruments where I sail,

Look at the most popular and best selling multi-hull sailboats of all time - none are over 18 feet in length. Boats that can be set up by one person, in less than about 30 minutes, and sell for less t

Top down will take longer (S'OK, though, you aren't racing) but will still need to have the halyard loosened some after furling before heading back upwind to keep the forestay loaded.  Be sure to clea

Posted Images

She certainly looks nice on the water but the single bars in the folding mechanism are going to need a redesign fast imho. There is just too much flexibility fore and aft folded on the trailer, launching and retrieving as wind blows a floppy rig around as floats make trailer contact would scare me. Then unfolding in any slight chop would certainly damage the components.This is where previous last minute folding systems have failed here over the years. If the lower struts were a H they could even allow for more compact railer folding with the single upper strut aligning in between the lower strut.

All works fine with the experts in a glassy marina, but the reality as the cool looking boat spreads to less controlled conditions and untrained owners might be not so cool. Happy to be flamed due to my moniker, just want the big weta to last longer than the other similarly under-engineered pseudo-folders over here.

Peter

The arms look fairly substantial here....... Perhaps people should see it in the flesh or in more detail before bagging it.

62.jpg

Tornado alive, some video of that day would give a good idea of how it actually behaves, noting the sprit, so kite up too.

is it just me or does the front leeward beam seem to be twisting up/ bending at the outboard end, as compared to the rear?

Loving this picture :D

1436841216_9218-org.jpg

Is it just me or do the jib's sheeting blocks look like they are set way too inboard? Seems like it is choking the main off. Still, cool boat. Can't wait to see one here in the States.

A little birdie told me once that the correct sheeting angle ( for the slot ) was approx 7 to 8 degrees off the center line, which is fairly tight but correct. Look at photos of the F18 and F16. As a disclaimer, I am Not a sail maker or a naval architect or boat builder. Just saying' what I heard from a little birdie. I think. Enjoy the cool picture and Happy Sailing!

Tornado alive, some video of that day would give a good idea of how it actually behaves, noting the sprit, so kite up too.

is it just me or does the front leeward beam seem to be twisting up/ bending at the outboard end, as compared to the rear?

It's just you mate...

and the sheeting angle doesn't look to narrow unless your reference is a 155 genny track on an IOR 1 tonner.

Is it just me or do the jib's sheeting blocks look like they are set way too inboard? Seems like it is choking the main off.

Sheeting angles look waaaaaay too narrow. Boats with high volume floats need room to breathe!!! Of course, this can be compensated for somewhat in the design of the jib.

-MH

Why does the boat look to be only partially folded???

Do the floats not fold fully against the main hull???

***R.T.***

You are looking at the transom..... How close is it at it's max beam?

screen_shot_2015_01_26_at_1_04_35_pm.png

This appears to be the original system with the more vertical beams that did not work - do you have any sections of the current two strut system? Don't you have any photos or a video of it actually folding?

1436841216_9218-org.jpg

Aw yiss indeed.

Couldn't help noticing that this boat has a prod but no asym. From Phuket News

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-hurricane-goes-top-in-multihull-solutions-regatta-53201.php

But probably the stars of the show were the brand-new Corsair Pulse 600 trimarans which were literally “out of the box” and thrown into winds gusting well over 20 knots in their opening foray on Chalong Bay.

“That’s pretty testing conditions for any new boat,” Zam Bevan, Corsair Trimaran Production Manager, later told The Phuket News.

The strong winds on the opening day of racing quickly saw three of the four Corsairs retire early due to gear problems with Bob Garner and Mike Downard managing to keep their Su Du 1 (aka “Red”) in racing trim throughout the entire race series.

“Thankfully, Scott Gayle and Campbell on Su Du 4 (“Yellow”) busted only some running gear and were able to rejoin next day racing These guys are long-term Corsair sailors and it was great to see them enjoy racing the Pulse 600s,” said Bevan.

“The Multihull Solutions Regatta is a fantastic event. It keeps its relaxed atmosphere, but it’s still competitive on the water. Chalong Bay when the breeze kicks in is always a great venue, especially in these conditions, which certainly puts boats in a testing situation.”

The good news is that all four Pulse 600s will be on track to race next week, after which two of them will head across Phang Nga Bay to their new home at the Krabi Sailing Center at Krabi Boat Lagoon. The other two will remain at Boat Lagoon in Phuket for charter, sail training and day sails.

“We’ve received fantastic interest in these boats,” Bevan noted, and he’s not wrong. The trimarans speed upwind was a big part of the post-regatta scuttlebutt, as was high praise for putting on a great regatta.

k5d9v.jpg

Speed upwind. Yum.

I wonder what broke on the other two boats. Hopefully nothing that affects reliability or production.

Pity that the Multihull Solutions regatta highlight video gives only the briefest glimpse of a Pulse running the starting line under main alone. Oh, well.

Yup, and experienced Corsair sailors driving them hard. Still curious, though.

Damn, I'd like to see some video of the action.

Edit: Found some more stills from Multihull Solutions

33bkdh0.jpg

23wms0n.jpg

Just lovely

Like shooting fish in a barrel, Thor. Thanks, heartily, for making a couple of my points. It's always nice when the sycophants drop their rant in favor of obvious facts.

As to going and building a boat... I've done that, but in the end, that reality neither gives me, nor does it take away, my right to make observational calls based on known facts in hand. I'll bet that more than once you have been observationally critical of a TV show, or series, yet you are not in the profession. By your posturing, you would have had to produce an aired program before you have the right to speak your piece on the topic... so, perhaps a well-placed sock should be your favorite tool?

There are some things right about the F22 effort. There are also a sizable pile of things that are incredibly wrong. Not the least of which is the fact that it has taken way too long to get it to market in numbers that give it substantial market share. That failure has allowed other players to enter the fray with seriously nice offerings of their own. That massive failure will result in lost sales and considerable damage to any hard won credibility that Farrier once gained. That Hackett can't shut his trap and instead, continuously blurts-out criticisms of the Corsair Pulse really speaks to how nerved-out and fearful the Farrier organization has become while they diddle away the days, weeks and months. If one is truly confident, then one doesn't need to resort to these kinds of tactics in order to move forward. If Ian is condoning this vitriol then he needs to consider just how sour of an image this ill-advised process is producing as a foothold in the would be buyer's minds.

It's a foolish strategy even when one has a powerfully going concern that is pumping out the boats as fast as possible to ready buyers... a reality that is not in evidence.

***R.T.***

This appears to be the original system with the more vertical beams that did not work - do you have any sections of the current two strut system? Don't you have any photos or a video of it actually folding?

This is just a pre production sketch however illustrates my point well. When folded and the hulls are tucked in close at the main hulls max beam, they are not close at the transom.

Sorry, I cannot provide pics or video as I am yet to see one in the flesh. I am not associated with Corsair, just a potential future customer.

***R.T.***

This is just a pre production sketch however illustrates my point well. When folded and the hulls are tucked in close at the main hulls max beam, they are not close at the transom.

Sorry, I cannot provide pics or video as I am yet to see one in the flesh. I am not associated with Corsair, just a potential future customer.

But, in the renderings the beams are vertical. In the picture of the folded boat, the beams are nowhere near vertical.

It looks to me like the floats would hit the lower folding mechanism pivots if they folded all the way.

***R.T.***

I can clearly see that, remember these are early renderings. I can also clearly see the transoms are nowhere near the main hull when folded due to the shape of the hulls. I guess you should see it in the flesh or better photos before passing speculation.

Holy crap, what a thread turn. Is there anything trimaran owners will not fight about?

Careful, just how many "trimaran owners " (in the context of the Pulse) are really fighting.

The Pulse had issues with the plan for folding and we have not seen how this has been resolved. Until a video or first hand testimonial are provided, it would seem fair to poke a little at this feature.

Other postings (of "trimaran owners") seem more of "oh please - please show me a video" based on hoping that the boat will be a good performing option worth considering.

I am a little confused as to why so much fuss about the exact position of the floats when folded. As long as it is w/in legal trailering width, who gives a flying F...... what the position is? Tris in the past have had swing wings, folded up and over, folded under, demounted.....it makes no difference what the final position is in, as long as it is structurally sound and easy to do it is all good.

I am a little confused as to why so much fuss about the exact position of the floats when folded. As long as it is w/in legal trailering width, who gives a flying F...... what the position is? Tris in the past have had swing wings, folded up and over, folded under, demounted.....it makes no difference what the final position is in, as long as it is structurally sound and easy to do it is all good.

I really like the hull shapes / design. IMO one of the reasons that the floats wont fold in so that the beams are vertical is because of the 'U' shape of the floats. The F boats all have very 'V' ed hull shapes (old style) so they can marry/nest into the centre hull a lot closer........ Looks like it could still do with a bit more dihedral in the light air. Would like to see it in 20 knots both up and downwind and also its OMR rating and on water performance against a known boat. I like the boat and would consider buying one for sure.

Yup, and experienced Corsair sailors driving them hard. Still curious, though.

Damn, I'd like to see some video of the action.

Edit: Found some more stills from Multihull Solutions

33bkdh0.jpg

23wms0n.jpg

Just lovely

would have been lots more lovely if that luff was tighter

Its going to be great downwind when that happens

Nope a tight luff doesn't always equate to faster sailing speeds to the turning mark. A majority of time better VMG can be achieved by going slightly more downwind with a nice full sail than to tighten the luff up and as always seems to happen, the front edge folding with the consequence of having to release and reset the sail together with a course change to bring the wind further back to fill that leading edge.

There seems to be an awful lot of armchair computer trimaran sailors on this thread all whinging about the folding system, it worked before in its single arm SeaCart 26 style, it works better with the Farrier style, what more can you want ?

Nope a tight luff doesn't always equate to faster sailing speeds to the turning mark. A majority of time better VMG can be achieved by going slightly more downwind with a nice full sail than to tighten the luff up and as always seems to happen, the front edge folding with the consequence of having to release and reset the sail together with a course change to bring the wind further back to fill that leading edge.

There seems to be an awful lot of armchair computer trimaran sailors on this thread all whinging about the folding system, it worked before in its single arm SeaCart 26 style, it works better with the Farrier style, what more can you want ?

Seriously it takes a lot of time to work out any new boat, how to rig it, angles of sailing, weight all sorts of shit so give them a go, it could take up to a year to get a new boat up and running, sometimes if everyone is so critical people stop posting things because of the negativity and the criticism, thats why my F85sr is nearly finished and I don't post nothing, more boats on the water equates to more fun and should be encouraged, asking a sensible question about the boat should be answered by Corsair in their own interest as it stops the other crap from happening, can't wait to see one or more out and about to add to the multihull fleets.

I have for at least 7 years sailed a 35 year old 20 ft folding trimaran(haines hunter super tramp),single handed, 3 sails,mast head asso, I drive it hard, and have broken most of it, last year I "updated" to a 25 year old ostac tramp, same boat, lighter ,different deck/cockpit layout, a bit less powered up, but also finding its weaknesses, I'm the target customer I believe, trailerable, fast round the bouys racing, short passage race, occasional overnighter, occasional social cruiser.

I paid more than half the price of one of these for my latest boat, if I'm to "update" again,i don't want to be the crash test dummy or breaking bits,and need to see that it performs and has the bugs out of it. Need to see it in action!

I'm not in the market for a bigger sleep aboard type of boat,Sprint,dash ,f22, budget, manpower and time constraints on sailing weekends don't allow it.

not being an armchair trimariner,just think by now a video of it folding/unfolding and sailing in a breeze,with the gear up,isn't too much to ask. in these days of gopros,surprised there isn't detailed on board action out there.

are you talking keel boats?

I'm talking Carbon 20 style wild thing

...just think by now a video of it folding/unfolding and sailing in a breeze,with the gear up,isn't too much to ask. in these days of gopros,surprised there isn't detailed on board action out there.

Hi all,

I like the boat and I am also their target market. BeachCat sailor in need of a bigger, good performance platform with limited budget.

I am with Honestjohn on this one. I find it a little suspicious that we have not seen much video.

Maybe they are still working the bugs, or it may be a marketing strategy, however I cannot help wonder.

Cheers,

All this talk of tighter V.S. looser is interesting and clearly shows a difference of both opinion and experience. What is REALLY INTERESTING is that, upon close examination, it appears that the spin head is right at the top of the hoist ( almost to the block on the mast ) and MAYBE, the luff cannot be pulled tighter? Just sayin'

It is not like I would design...................

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

So it should be a pretty quick boat.

Looks like you still don't get it Peter - I design tough roomy cruising boats that also just happen to be fast, plus they go to windward very well. I prefer not to design over powered boats with no room, no comfort, and no resale value.

Still fast enough for most:

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/News5/Race-to-Alaska.html

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/News5/F-22RaceResult.html

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/News4/F-9AXWinsGovernorsCup1.html

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Again, it is not a Farrier Style folding system - the struts are too long and too narrow based for me. However, photos or a video will quickly resolve any questions.

The real Farrier Folding system works quite well, and a simple video like the one below shows how. Just to make it harder we asked a man with a broken arm to do the folding ;) :

http://www.farriermarine.com/videos/F-22Unfolding.mov

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Now, after all these years, if only Farrier Marine could simply produce them instead of blab about them. What is the number of boats produced from the production tools so far?

Now, after all these years, if only Farrier Marine could simply produce them instead of blab about them. What is the number of boats produced from the production tools so far?

perseveration

Six, or two more than the number of F-27s produced at around the same stage after the #1 prototype was launched.

A bit of a surprise perhaps, particularly with our minimal 'pay as we go' budget compared to back then. But maybe we also like to take our time simply to drive you into a frenzy, OR, we simply like to do the job right, and not rush something that 'will do' into production.

http://www.f-boat.com/pdf/Newsletter33.pdf

How many boats have you produced, or do your constant vendettas against others take up too much of your time?

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=163810&p=4910926

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Looks like you still don't get it Peter - I design tough roomy cruising boats that also just happen to be fast, plus they go to windward very well. I prefer not to design over powered boats with no room, no comfort, and no resale value.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Ian, I respect your boats and your work......... Please don't go there. You may or may not agree with or like Corsair but please show a bit of maturaty and professionalism.

I prefer Ford over Holden but have grown out of the bull$1t of bagging them.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Ian, I respect your boats and your work......... Please don't go there. You may or may not agree with or like Corsair but please show a bit of maturaty and professionalism.

I prefer Holden over Ford but have grown out of the bull$1t of bagging them.

A bit one eyed perhaps? You don't have anything to say about the derogatory comment in this thread on my designs that I was responding to - or are such snide comments about my designs okay?

But I see what you mean, however my comment: "I prefer not to design over powered boats with no room, no comfort, and no resale value" was directed at the type of boat that Goldfinger now owns, not the Pulse. The Pulse is a day sailer after all, so does not have much room below, just the same as the Weta, or my original Tramp design. No argument or criticism intended there.

I'm also not one to always be hiding under my desk, so of someone wants to make erroneous or misleading claims about my designs they they should be prepared to get a response, and one backed by real world facts.

I also prefer Ford over Holden, and as Ford won Bathurst last year I'm certainly not going to leave this unsaid. :P

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Understand, and you should defend your boats, some people here are being real tools. Hopefully nobody involved with Farrier feel the need to have shots at Corsair in order to defend their boats. Corsair defiantly are not here doing likewise.

BTW, please don't let the Bathurst win go unsaid...... We all know what Holden stands for

Heaps

Of

Load

Disappointing

Engine

Noises

Understand, and you should defend your boats, some people here are being real tools. Hopefully nobody involved with Farrier feel the need to have shots at Corsair in order to defend their boats. Corsair defiantly are not here doing likewise.

I prefer to communicate more with clients, and am happy to publicly answer any questions or clear up any misconceptions on public forums like this, or the f-boat forum.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/F-Boat/info

I believe it is all part of good customer service, and also did exactly the same when I setup and ran Corsair.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that Work

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

Tornado,

Ian's comments were in no way derogatory towards Corsair. They were a directed response to Goldfinger's sarcastic reply to Ian's comment, suggesting that Ian's boats are not fast.

*****Edit, I see that my response is a bit late.*****

***R.T.***

1436841216_9218-org.jpg

Is it just me or do the jib's sheeting blocks look like they are set way too inboard? Seems like it is choking the main off. Still, cool boat. Can't wait to see one here in the States.

no sheeting angle pretty good, yes photo makes it look strange

The Pulse ain't one of those so why criticise the spinny shape when you know tight luff's are only good for uber fast boats

whats fast?

I would expect the pulse to be a 20kt boat so it can make use of a properly designed multi spin

1436841216_9218-org.jpg

no sheeting angle pretty good, yes photo makes it look strange

Then why is there a big bubble in the front of the main? We've always found the "bubbly main" to be real slow. Then again, in the picture they could just be screwing around.

Really looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh. Corsair claims a boat has been ordered for San Francisco. Anyone know who it is?

Really looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh. Corsair claims a boat has been ordered for San Francisco. Anyone know who it is?

I suspect Gary ordered one for "inventory".

What color are you going to get? :P

-MH

Plaid, most definitely plaid.

Remember the SE a couple of weeks ago? How do you think the P600 would have done in those conditions?

I suspect Gary ordered one for "inventory".

What color are you going to get? :P

-MH

Plaid, most definitely plaid.

Remember the SE a couple of weeks ago? How do you think the P600 would have done in those conditions?

Remember?...... How could I forget!!!

Hard to say without having seen or sailed one.

I suspect that in that amount of breeze, the short wheelbase, combined with what looks like relatively high volume floats would make the risk of pitchpole a significant possibility.

One thing is for sure is that it would be one really WET ride!!!

-MH

The Pulse ain't one of those so why criticise the spinny shape when you know tight luff's are only good for uber fast boats

whats fast?

I would expect the pulse to be a 20kt boat so it can make use of a properly designed multi spin

In your dreams 20 knots . How often have I been over 20 knots consistently rather than a one off burst on my F18, not that often but then I am a bit more truthful than most.

whats fast?

In your dreams 20 knots . How often have I been over 20 knots consistently rather than a one off burst on my F18, not that often but then I am a bit more truthful than most.

I'm coming in late on this and have not read the whole thread.

I would expect the pulse to be a 20 knot boat.

By that I mean it should be able to occasionally hit 20 knots as an instantaneous max. In the same way as XL2 was (is) a 27 knot boat.

In the right conditions XL2 would sit all day on 20 and i would expect that a pulse in ideal conditions would be able to sit all day on 15.

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

A bit one eyed perhaps? You don't have anything to say about the derogatory comment in this thread on my designs that I was responding to - or are such snide comments about my designs okay?

But I see what you mean, however my comment: "I prefer not to design over powered boats with no room, no comfort, and no resale value" was directed at the type of boat that Goldfinger now owns, not the Pulse. The Pulse is a day sailer after all, so does not have much room below, just the same as the Weta, or my original Tramp design. No argument or criticism intended there.

I'm also not one to always be hiding under my desk, so of someone wants to make erroneous or misleading claims about my designs they they should be prepared to get a response, and one backed by real world facts.

I also prefer Ford over Holden, and as Ford won Bathurst last year I'm certainly not going to leave this unsaid. :P

Ian Farrier

Farrier Marine

Designs that work

r

Ian, I'm really over you so just go fuck yourself and make me and many others very happy. Better still concentrate on building some F22s. You really don't get it. Your boats hit the spot for a lit of sailors but they are far and away from the be all and end all of trimaran design.. Your cat designs aren't even worth mentioning.

I would expect the Pulse to be an apparent wind boat and as such you would expect it to have a kite to suit. Can't wait to see one on an angry downwind :D

Very hard to achieve an 'apparent wind boat' in a tri of this size. It would need to fly the main hull in 8 knots TWS and I don't think it has the rig to do that.

Maybe in 15-18 knots it could be an apparent wind boat and use a flat kite but in 5 knots it will need a deep running kite in mixed fleet sailing. In one design it would not matter as long as they all have the same.

It would want to be an apparent wind boat with an asmetrical kite on a bow sprit...... Otherwise it is the wrong setup for the job. I will put money on it they are apparent wind boats and any sailor worth their salt would sail it that way........ Even in light breeze you run apparent.

It would want to be an apparent wind boat with an asmetrical kite on a bow sprit...... Otherwise it is the wrong setup for the job. I will put money on it they are apparent wind boats and any sailor worth their salt would sail it that way........ Even in light breeze you run apparent.

When Toby sold me Louie he told me the secret to downwind was to run deep. Even on TT I have had success running deep with a kite that is not intended for that in light winds. If we weiged under 800kg perhaps we could run hot in the light. A 20' boat would have to come in under 400kg to do it. I just don't think it is on for a 20' tri in >5 knots. What does a Nacra 20 weigh?

I'm coming in late on this and have not read the whole thread.

I would expect the pulse to be a 20 knot boat.

By that I mean it should be able to occasionally hit 20 knots as an instantaneous max. In the same way as XL2 was (is) a 27 knot boat.

In the right conditions XL2 would sit all day on 20 and i would expect that a pulse in ideal conditions would be able to sit all day on 15.

So then my F18 won't hit anything like 20knots with both hulls on the water, so how are you going to expect the Pulse to be able to with the equivalent size rig (ok the jib is a little bigger but it weighs 220kgs more ) and at best with the centre hull skimming the surface ?

Sorry guys it's a 15 knot at best over sustained periods of time. To be honest that will be plenty fast enough for the market it is aimed at.

Is it just me or do the jib's sheeting blocks look like they are set way too inboard? Seems like it is choking the main off.

Sheeting angles look waaaaaay too narrow. Boats with high volume floats need room to breathe!!! Of course, this can be compensated for somewhat in the design of the jib.

-MH

Or easing the sheet and opening the jib leach abit.

Reaching on a c20 at 20kts once just passing an old corsair sprint

Could see barnacles on the main hull

So it must have been doing almost 19kts

Not bad for asian air

Hence my guess that a pulse could do about the same?

She certainly looks nice on the water but the single bars in the folding mechanism are going to need a redesign fast imho. There is just too much flexibility fore and aft folded on the trailer, launching and retrieving as wind blows a floppy rig around as floats make trailer contact would scare me. Then unfolding in any slight chop would certainly damage the components.This is where previous last minute folding systems have failed here over the years. If the lower struts were a H they could even allow for more compact railer folding with the single upper strut aligning in between the lower strut.

All works fine with the experts in a glassy marina, but the reality as the cool looking boat spreads to less controlled conditions and untrained owners might be not so cool. Happy to be flamed due to my moniker, just want the big weta to last longer than the other similarly under-engineered pseudo-folders over here.

Peter

Its not a big weta any more than your F22 is a big tramp. Dropped the mast today to get it ready for a run down the highway to Sydney, fairly windy - nothing seemed to break. Seriously Peter, its been here for weeks you could have sailed it anytime you like, how about waiting till you do to bag it. Speaking of boats you bag. Emu is doing Hammo/airlie, you will get a chance to see the old girl close up, but Mojo should obviously still be far quicker.

On the up side, nice video at the winter series.

Peter

Its not a big weta any more than your F22 is a big tramp. Dropped the mast today to get it ready for a run down the highway to Sydney, fairly windy - nothing seemed to break. Seriously Peter, its been here for weeks you could have sailed it anytime you like, how about waiting till you do to bag it. Speaking of boats you bag. Emu is doing Hammo/airlie, you will get a chance to see the old girl close up, but Mojo should obviously still be far quicker.

On the up side, nice video at the winter series.

You've had a Pulse 600 for weeks and you haven't posted any pics or video? Or a review?

I probably would have tried to get the boat to the QCYC winter series if it's been in brisbane for weeks available for sailing. 10-15 boats (multis) racing 4-5 avg crew plus another 80 or so mono sailors, not a bad place to drum up a sale IMO. & despite much speculation (in this thread) no one has bothered to confirm an AUD price on the worlds largest sailing forum, seems like a money can't buy opportunity going to waste? No listing on boatsales.com.au & just a news item on the multihull central page - they must be selling themselves.

I probably would have tried to get the boat to the QCYC winter series if it's been in brisbane for weeks available for sailing. 10-15 boats (multis) racing 4-5 avg crew plus another 80 or so mono sailors, not a bad place to drum up a sale IMO. & despite much speculation (in this thread) no one has bothered to confirm an AUD price on the worlds largest sailing forum, seems like a money can't buy opportunity going to waste? No listing on boatsales.com.au & just a news item on the multihull central page - they must be selling themselves.

I agree. Is dribbling information little by little is a marketing strategy, it was fine during development. Now that the boat is in the water (at least for me) it is getting old.

I would go for full multimedia blitz, unless the boats are not performing well.

Just a though.

Cheers,

Well, it does seem that they are still working the bugs out. Perhaps they want it to be "bullet-proof" before they start a marketing blitz? IOW, perhaps the boats currently are still considered "prototypes"?

BTW: After all the carping we did about adding a prod, the one they added looks pretty peen chay to me. It only extends as far as the WL. How about adding another 4' to it?

Wow so many marketing experts. Our Managing Director is in fact a university qualified Marketing chap, it (Multihull Central) is his company and he has the qualifications, so I thought I might leave marketing strategy up to him. Boat is on the way to Sydney for the boat show. We thought that might be important. A bit. Maybe. There is also a round of demos and test sails etc from the Multihull Central Marina in Roselle. The boats aren't prototypes, the bugs are not being worked out, we have had one boat in Brisbane for a while, we direct marketed to a range of clients, a number of test sails were had, some media work was undertaken, and boat is now on the way to Sydney for a similar strategy.

On the issue of price, the price is US dollars is no secret its clear and out there. The price in AU$ obviously is somewhat subject to the exchange rate.

Wow so many marketing experts. Our Managing Director is in fact a university qualified Marketing chap, it (Multihull Central) is his company and he has the qualifications, so I thought I might leave marketing strategy up to him. Boat is on the way to Sydney for the boat show. We thought that might be important. A bit. Maybe. There is also a round of demos and test sails etc from the Multihull Central Marina in Roselle. The boats aren't prototypes, the bugs are not being worked out,

So what's so difficult about providing photos or a video of it folding?

Surely this would only take 5 to 10 minutes

University qualifications doesn't mean you are an ace anything, all to often the tutors have been education based from cradle to grave and have little understanding of real life business requirements.

On the issue of price, the price is US dollars is no secret its clear and out there. The price in AU$ obviously is somewhat subject to the exchange rate.

So what is the price landed in Aus, tax, import charges paid etc at the current exchange rate? NAB offering $0.7 today

I thought the suggestion of doing a few races at the QCYC winter series was a good one. Plenty of hearts and minds to influence there and it's where the multi action is for a few weeks. Although there are a few Farrier types lurking up the creek there and it would be unfortunate to catch something nasty. Too late now of course but as a Corsair racer I just want to see it racing and not just sitting on a boat stand.

Wow so many marketing experts. Our Managing Director is in fact a university qualified Marketing chap, it (Multihull Central) is his company and he has the qualifications, so I thought I might leave marketing strategy up to him. Boat is on the way to Sydney for the boat show. We thought that might be important. A bit. Maybe. There is also a round of demos and test sails etc from the Multihull Central Marina in Roselle. The boats aren't prototypes, the bugs are not being worked out, we have had one boat in Brisbane for a while, we direct marketed to a range of clients, a number of test sails were had, some media work was undertaken, and boat is now on the way to Sydney for a similar strategy.

All we have had is an ex-factory price. Are potential customers to make up shipping costs, import duties, set their own prices for options, trailer for the cradles etc

& I could be wrong but I'm guessing it's been a long time since the owner with a marketing degree got said degree if he hasn't bothered to weigh in on this thread, create a page for the pulse on your site & oh ahh list one on boatsales.com.au

your telling everyone they are getting the boat as its currently rigged, thats a good marketing idea.

Wow so many marketing experts. Our Managing Director is in fact a university qualified Marketing chap, it (Multihull Central) is his company and he has the qualifications, so I thought I might leave marketing strategy up to him. Boat is on the way to Sydney for the boat show. We thought that might be important. A bit. Maybe. There is also a round of demos and test sails etc from the Multihull Central Marina in Roselle. The boats aren't prototypes, the bugs are not being worked out,

So what's so difficult about providing photos or a video of it folding?

Surely this would only take 5 to 10 minutes

Here is some video of how a small folding trimaran should work. For comparison purposes, of course, in case we ever get to see a pulse fold.

No doubt Multihull Central Director (Australian Multihull Importer and long time Seawind Marketing Manager) will put out videos once he has his boat which from what I here is still coming. He is very keen to get some GoPro action happening and I trust he will send it HARD (he is my best mate and ex Tornado / F18 crew.) The class will be in good hands for sure in Oz and no doubt around the world.

So what is the price landed in Aus, tax, import charges paid etc at the current exchange rate? NAB offering $0.7 today

Hey Rawhide, give Brent a call :D

Hey Rawhide, give Brent a call :D

Just bought a F18 TA, so not in the market at the moment. Just curious as to their viability in the market.