What happened with comanche?

PinkSpinnaker

...a retraction on the FP

...it doesn't even sound from Clarke's letter that yer 'went to the horse's mouth' as you say,,

....more SA horseshit as usual....

Indian Givers

We went straight to the horse’s mouth on this one, and to his credit, Jim Clark was quick with a form debunking of the rumors we posted of the end of the Comancheprogram. The rumors are still coming fast and hard, but with no one willing to go on the record, it’s a non-story and Clark ends the speculation for good. Our apologies to the Comanche program – our bad. Here’s Clark’s note:

I was told you have reported that the Comanche program is being discontinued. You have bad information.

Kristy and I are enjoying racing Comanche in St. Barts at the Voile de St Barts. Our next race is Bermuda, followed by a trans-Atlantic record attempt in August, then more racing through the end of the year — maybe even the Sydney-Hobart again this year. However, Kenny and the team are beginning to also focus on Hanuman and the J-class regatta in Bermuda in 2017 and the J-Class World Championships in Newport in late Summer. Following that, it’s Comanche in 2017 for the Trans-pac and another Sydney-Hobart.

Ken Read has been and continues to be instrumental to both programs. Kristy and I consider Ken, his wife and his daughter to be great friends.

I hope this helps clarify the status of the program and our relationship with it and the team.

All the best,
Jim Clark

Yet another bridge burned

Helping and promoting sailing? Not so much

Narcissistic assholes trying to be cool and pretend to be in the know - yep very much so

....bridge was burnt long ago! ...otherwise Clean would have been able to check with 'buddy Kenny' :lol:

...if yer look at the volvo stuff, it gets clear just how obsessed he is,,, in the know, indeed :mellow:

http://sailinganarch...-world-turners/

......not t'mention another complete misfire! :wacko: .........

In other news that we reported long before anyone else, Hong Kong is confirmed IN with both a team and a stopover.

Today's VO announcement of the stopover,, but nothing about a team yet.

Yet another bridge burned

Helping and promoting sailing? Not so much

Narcissistic assholes trying to be cool and pretend to be in the know - yep very much so

....bridge was burnt long ago! ...otherwise Clean would have been able to check with 'buddy Kenny' :lol:

...if yer look at the volvo stuff, it gets clear just how obsessed he is,,, in the know, indeed :mellow:

http://sailinganarch...-world-turners/

......not t'mention another complete misfire! :wacko: .........

In other news that we reported long before anyone else, Hong Kong is confirmed IN with both a team and a stopover.

Today's VO announcement of the stopover,, but nothing about a team yet.

IIRC thats the team that ex Ragamuffin boss David Witt has signed with for the next Volvo lap of the planet?

You know, it is really kind of a shame-as current and valid as Sailing Anarchy can be and often is, with people all over the world using it as "their place" on the internet to check in on all things sailing-that someone in the editor's or columnist's seat feels they have to resort to trash talking or nastiness, and to what end? To create excitement like the National Enquirer or something!?!

Nasty, negative talk is just that - it does not reflect well on anyone - the person spewing it, the person it is about or even the person reading it. The folks running this erstwhile website would be well served to their audiences and indeed to themselves to realize that there is a big difference between being sharp and cutting edge and being mean-spirited and nasty. Being nasty does not make you cool…

I don't know the Clarkes personally, but I know some people that their involvement in yachting has touched personally and those people are all appreciative of what the Clarkes have done in building yachts and running programs - perfect, imperfect or somewhere in between.

I'd say - stop trashing people just because you can and whether trying to be some sort of "anarchist" (does anyone here truly believe in anarchy…?!) or whatever - realize that what we all ought to do is support and encourage sailling and yachting and not try and ruin it…

Rant over.

what an embarrassment created by a couple website techheads ....Ocean...salt air...putting your life at risk racing in the southern oceans leaving Antarctica to starboard...zinging 40knots on a foilboard or 50+on Hydropetre.. Hanging at NYYC in Newport...racing at the Les Voile St. Barths....as "hip and trendy" as Sailing Anarchy can invoke people to be "part of", many of my racing friends check in on on this site....but what SA involves with hatred and immature scandalous fake stories is disgraceful to all the sailing community...what a contradiction. what a shame?

What many perceive to be a graceful and elegant sport (foil or 12meter or Bic junior boat) is degraded to reality tv show like Desperate Housewifes crap...by grown men?...clearly not... sorry., forgive me for judging.but whoever wrote that trash and the following retraction should find another profession...maybe working for a gossip tv shop/forum...some blog about human trivia nonsense of movie stars.. pure Kardashian Mr. Ed? are you? the?....u creepy freak?

i know nothing of this forum..I only came here to see what some DB said about the Commanche rocket-ship and clicked into the forum conversation yesterday from the main page...oh! what here?? . creeps....get on a boat and away from the computer you trolls..I thought how tragic for Kenny and his family...and for Kristi and Jim...and all those involved...because of some nonsense ..and you little girls just jump all over it...pathetic

whoever is responsible for posting that crap? you should be ashamed of yourself.. disgusting

Nasty, negative talk does not make SA worth reading..its quite disgusting example of classless idiots being involved in our sport... - the person spewing it, the person it is about or even the person reading it. The folks running this website need to realize that there is a big difference between "edgy, witty, hip, and sharp and being mean-spirited and nasty. Being nasty does not make you cool…quite the contrary you DB's..

the people that advertise on your site? and promote your Kardashian style of engagement...

I have raced sailboats since a child and still do....and SA's reputation is certainly questioned....i have recently conquered foiling (I kitefoil..and race kites as well)....nice to see you recognize the changes coming to sailing...but your attack on the Clarke's and Kenny is despicable...

slimeballs...please ban from ever seeing your bullshit website again...trashy people on boats....sweet..

i know nothing of this forum..

I hope you grow some social antennas, so you no longer jump into new places and tell everybody how offended you are by them, when you don't understand the local humor and tone.

You know, it is really kind of a shame-as current and valid as Sailing Anarchy can be and often is, with people all over the world using it as "their place" on the internet to check in on all things sailing-that someone in the editor's or columnist's seat feels they have to resort to trash talking or nastiness, and to what end? To create excitement like the National Enquirer or something!?!

Nasty, negative talk is just that - it does not reflect well on anyone - the person spewing it, the person it is about or even the person reading it. The folks running this erstwhile website would be well served to their audiences and indeed to themselves to realize that there is a big difference between being sharp and cutting edge and being mean-spirited and nasty. Being nasty does not make you cool…

I don't know the Clarkes personally, but I know some people that their involvement in yachting has touched personally and those people are all appreciative of what the Clarkes have done in building yachts and running programs - perfect, imperfect or somewhere in between.

I'd say - stop trashing people just because you can and whether trying to be some sort of "anarchist" (does anyone here truly believe in anarchy…?!) or whatever - realize that what we all ought to do is support and encourage sailling and yachting and not try and ruin it…

Rant over.

Ya know, my old friend, you make a good point. There is a whole side of the biz that revolves around programs like the big injin and yes some should be thankful for folks like the Clarkes. At the very least it gives you something to gaze at and chit-chat about for the first 1/4 of a race.

What I do find most curious, is the fawning. I think back to when we were kids, sure the big programs struck us as being hot stuff. Heck we still wander the docks to spy a peek and ogle. Yes they win a good number of races. Be sort of embarrassing to spend all that dough, have all that talent, and not be terribly successful. Best that money can buy and all that.

The true gift of these sorts of programs and our sport is when you go out with that little 5-7 knots SB and crush. I have always just seen them as someone to beat up upon. It has taken a lifetime from back when we sailed with our dad's to get to that place in life and sailing. Little better in life than taking a production boat, a nothing special vanilla with a little tweaking and having you way. Quite pleasing being able to smile and think to yourself, "We beat the snot out of the big bastards!"

The fawning, either as a function of our inner child with bright eyes or as a function of trash talking a goliath to elevate one's own station, it means nothing. Both are empty displays based in envy. The only thing that truly matters is going out and beating them on the water. The trash talk little more than running the mouth.

illibilli is from Miami and I would guess of central American or Cuban descent; read his post with an accent and it is easily understandable.

Illi, you are right but what you complain of is exactly what SA is.

illibilli, you were either a terrible student or your English teacher's ought to be rounded up and shot.

In any case, please never write anything again if there's a chance anyone may see it.

It looks like your own English teachers weren't much better.

illibilli, you were either a terrible student or your English teacher's ought to be rounded up and shot.

In any case, please never write anything again if there's a chance anyone may see it.

Teacher's= possessive. Teachers=plural.

English Teacher

Rant over.

Ya know, my old friend, you make a good point. There is a whole side of the biz that revolves around programs like the big injin and yes some should be thankful for folks like the Clarkes. At the very least it gives you something to gaze at and chit-chat about for the first 1/4 of a race.

What I do find most curious, is the fawning. I think back to when we were kids, sure the big programs struck us as being hot stuff. Heck we still wander the docks to spy a peek and ogle. Yes they win a good number of races. Be sort of embarrassing to spend all that dough, have all that talent, and not be terribly successful. Best that money can buy and all that.

The true gift of these sorts of programs and our sport is when you go out with that little 5-7 knots SB and crush. I have always just seen them as someone to beat up upon. It has taken a lifetime from back when we sailed with our dad's to get to that place in life and sailing. Little better in life than taking a production boat, a nothing special vanilla with a little tweaking and having you way. Quite pleasing being able to smile and think to yourself, "We beat the snot out of the big bastards!"

The fawning, either as a function of our inner child with bright eyes or as a function of trash talking a goliath to elevate one's own station, it means nothing. Both are empty displays based in envy. The only thing that truly matters is going out and beating them on the water. The trash talk little more than running the mouth.

Fawning = new World economy

Illibilli writing style = new grammar, get used to it, listen to Palinspeak more often for training yo

English Teacher

That's the joke.

It's not very good, I'm sorry.

English Teacher

That's the joke.

It's not very good, I'm sorry.

I think the "HOT FOR TEACHER" thread is several floors, or doors over on GA, with the 14 year old boys being "abused" by 28 YO hotties....

100ft boat business suxx . who gonna fund it otherwise? either eccentrics.. or companies.

Search for the biggest, meanest, longest thing someone paid millions then , of course, newspapers snap up by extricating details such as "a billionaire and hot model and Mr. Captain". Put Rimas in Captain's role and the public wont notice.

what an embarrassment created by a couple website techheads ....Ocean...salt air...putting your life at risk racing in the southern oceans leaving Antarctica to starboard...zinging 40knots on a foilboard or 50+on Hydropetre.. Hanging at NYYC in Newport...racing at the Les Voile St. Barths....as "hip and trendy" as Sailing Anarchy can invoke people to be "part of", many of my racing friends check in on on this site....but what SA involves with hatred and immature scandalous fake stories is disgraceful to all the sailing community...what a contradiction. what a shame?

What many perceive to be a graceful and elegant sport (foil or 12meter or Bic junior boat) is degraded to reality tv show like Desperate Housewifes crap...by grown men?...clearly not... sorry., forgive me for judging.but whoever wrote that trash and the following retraction should find another profession...maybe working for a gossip tv shop/forum...some blog about human trivia nonsense of movie stars.. pure Kardashian Mr. Ed? are you? the?....u creepy freak?

i know nothing of this forum..I only came here to see what some DB said about the Commanche rocket-ship and clicked into the forum conversation yesterday from the main page...oh! what here?? . creeps....get on a boat and away from the computer you trolls..I thought how tragic for Kenny and his family...and for Kristi and Jim...and all those involved...because of some nonsense ..and you little girls just jump all over it...pathetic

whoever is responsible for posting that crap? you should be ashamed of yourself.. disgusting

Nasty, negative talk does not make SA worth reading..its quite disgusting example of classless idiots being involved in our sport... - the person spewing it, the person it is about or even the person reading it. The folks running this website need to realize that there is a big difference between "edgy, witty, hip, and sharp and being mean-spirited and nasty. Being nasty does not make you cool…quite the contrary you DB's..

the people that advertise on your site? and promote your Kardashian style of engagement...

I have raced sailboats since a child and still do....and SA's reputation is certainly questioned....i have recently conquered foiling (I kitefoil..and race kites as well)....nice to see you recognize the changes coming to sailing...but your attack on the Clarke's and Kenny is despicable...

slimeballs...please ban from ever seeing your bullshit website again...trashy people on boats....sweet..

You think we are going to get any bewbs out of this one??

Now newbie.. Fuck off and show us your wife/girlfriends tits....

I feel much better now....

:P

• 2 months later...

clarke.jpg

I guess there will be no horses mouth interview forthcoming?

Anyone have an email for Jim?

Dear Jim,

I would like to offer my services as follows.

I will be delighted to sail your boat and entertain your wife and or girlfriends as you see fit. I swear to happily laugh at any of your jokes, never steal your jokes, and never tell any tales of the times with your wives or girlfriends. I am more than happy to provide any and all of these services with a smile for less than your pay that traitor and ingrate Read.

I could start as soon as today on any or all three of the three jobs for you,,, the wives, the girlfriends, or the boat driving. I look forward to your ideas on the best path to get aboard any of your lovely rides.

Ready to sail!

Your Loyal and Grateful Rock Star

These highly engineered, highly technical items of equipment can get ahead of the inexperienced operator. The boat is complicated too.

Maybe ESPN with let Clean and the Crew do a guest set to lay out the whole sporting story and put the record straight and move forward. The other option would be Clean doing a selfie interview with an iPhone knock off duct taped to a batten. Both would be entertaining.... At least more entertaining than the newspaper reprint from April on the Front Page.

These highly engineered, highly technical items of equipment can get ahead of the inexperienced operator. The boat is complicated too.

Maybe ESPN with let Clean and the Crew do a guest set to lay out the whole sporting story and put the record straight and move forward. The other option would be Clean doing a selfie interview with an iPhone knock off duct taped to a batten. Both would be entertaining.... At least more entertaining than the newspaper reprint from April on the Front Page.

WTF is SA doing putting that up now?? Are they so desperate for user clicks to show the advertisers, that they will become the National Enquirer of electronic sailing media or worse? I guess the answer to that is a resounding YES!!

As long as the powers that be keep blowing their wad on unique pro events few understand and even fewer care about the clicks will keep going down. The same is true will three month old news from the public domain about a shoving match over the owners wife. There has been nothing new or of interest for a very long time.

Old article WTF is it now doing in the FP

Titillates their salaciousness?

If you listen closely you can almost hear them giggling like young school girls, all the time proclaiming their innocence.

i know nothing of this forum..

I hope you grow some social antennas, so you no longer jump into new places and tell everybody how offended you are by them, when you don't understand the local humor and tone.

just show us your tits

Old article WTF is it now doing in the FP

Titillates their salaciousness?

If you listen closely you can almost hear them giggling like young school girls, all the time proclaiming their innocence.

Wonder how the Ed would feel if somebody plastered his personal life all over the place?

Archived