The argument clinic

Panoramix

The title says it all. This is the place to come for an argument. It is obviously free so we need benevolent arguers to reply to those coming for an argument. Nevertheless we hope that the thread will eventually be self sustaining with various arguers replying to each others.

This thread is opened as a service to the CA community which seems in dire need of arguments so please don't indulge in thread drift by being nice this is anarchy after all and we don't want big government nor to have to nominate arguments moderators to remove nice posts.

Warning : Excessive watching of monthy pythons may increase levels of sarcasm, consume responsibly.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The title says it all. This is the place to come for an argument. It is obviously free so we need benevolent arguers to reply to those coming for an argument. Nevertheless we hope that the thread will eventually be self sustaining with various arguers replying to each others.

This thread is opened as a service to the CA community which seems in dire need of arguments so please don't indulge in thread drift by being nice this is anarchy after all and we don't want big government nor to have to nominate arguments moderators to remove nice posts.

Warning : Excessive watching of monthy pythons may increase levels of sarcasm, consume responsibly.

Far be it from me to argue with you but thread drift is a way of life here and I will argue wherever I damn well please. Oh wait, that was being nice wasn't it? Ok, fuck off and die douchebag, I will argue anywhere I want to.

this is a great boat

Americans should be proud of them

nose_up_large.jpg

Does Donald Trump owns one , if so Americans should be doubly proud.

No argument there. Er....wait. Never mind.

Thanks Pano. What a brilliant idea! This will allow me to brush up on my arguing skills, so I can more effectively irritate BS, BP, FW, and of course you on the Origami Boat Thread. *insert evil laugh here*

Thanks Pano. What a brilliant idea! This will allow me to brush up on my arguing skills, so I can more effectively irritate BS, BP, FW, and of course you on the Origami Boat Thread. *insert evil laugh here*

nope, you're too nice. remember when you capsized in the long distance race just to let the other guys by?

Raz'r: Not nice; stupid. We sat in in order to go low and get through the gate, then gybed while going low and slow. Gybe going slow = capsize. I know this. I have managed to capsize in all sorts of ways, but I haven't capsized in a gybe in a long time, except this one time when it REALLY counted. Stupid.

Dylan:

Was not!

I'd like to buy some cheese.....

'Merican football is the only real football

English food is far better than that French garbage

Perry's steel boats suck

BS's steel boats suck even more

I am a supergenius

This is inarguably the bestest thread ever

Couch, you are sadly mistaken. Some of us are partially wrong all the time. Some of us are totally wrong some of the time, and some of us are totally partial.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken ....

this is a great boat

nose_up_large.jpg

They certainly are sailing the fuck outta that one.

Couch, you are sadly mistaken. Some of us are partially wrong all the time. Some of us are totally wrong some of the time, and some of us are totally partial.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken ....
I thought I was wrong once and I was right, I was wrong, so I was right after all.

(...) This is the place to come for an argument. (...)

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't!

Yes it is!

Can you please stop wasting argumentative people time, you can always ignore us or start a new thread for wishy washy people like you who can't have an opinion to impose to everybody.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't!

Yes it is!

Can you please stop wasting argumentative people time, you can always ignore us or start a new thread for wishy washy people like you who can't have an opinion to impose to on everybody.

Fixé.

"I don't come here for an argument. I'm looking for mindless abuse."

No worries Lex. I can fix you up. Where should we start douche bag?

Yet again you are too nice Bob. People shouldn't be given to choose the type of abuse they are submitted to. When I was a kid I had to walk 10 miles, uphill both ways, in the snow to school and we had no choice in the kind of abuse we would be submitted to.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.
No it isn't!

Yes it is!

Can you please stop wasting argumentative people time, you can always ignore us or start a new thread for wishy washy people like you who can't have an opinion to impose to everybody.

No I can't.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.
No it isn't!

Yes it is!

No I can't.

Of course you can!

'Merican football is the only real football

English food is far better than that French garbage

Perry's steel boats suck

BS's steel boats suck even more

I am a supergenius

This is inarguably the bestest thread ever

No it's not.

this is a great boat

nose_up_large.jpg

Does Donald Trump owns one , if so Americans should be doubly proud.

No argument there. Er....wait. Never mind.

I'm not american.

I'm proud, it's not a german boat.

Multihulls are best cause they don't sink, even the fact you have to motor to windward 100% of the time means you get a free battery charge for your air conditioner.

No it isn't.

....yes it is..

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

...isn't....

"Weather mark" is wrong. "Windward mark" is right. "Weather deck" is right" Beating "to weather" is wrong. Beating "to windward" is right.

Do the rules say "weather boat must keep clear"? No, they don't.

And don't get me started on "fly bridges."

Robbins_zpskkxddjdl.jpg

Building cruising boats in carbon fibre is morally wrong, their carbon footprint and environmental impact is massive.

Now you are just being argumentative!

Robbins_zpskkxddjdl.jpg

Building cruising boats in carbon fibre is morally wrong, their carbon footprint and environmental impact is massive.

Now you are just being argumentative!

But Bob after entering the argument clinic and parting with $0 is entitled to his argument. Let me do my arguer job, this is a place to come for an argument and I am showing it.

Recreational sailors should not be using EPIRBS. They encourage poor seamanship which endangers the sailors and the rescuers.

Robbins_zpskkxddjdl.jpg

No, it's exactly the moral thing to do. Think "carbon sequestration". Imagine all that carbon fiber otherwise being left to oxidize and the resultant CO2 floating into the atmosphere. This way it's captured and locked under a permanent epoxy barrier.

In fact, everyone involved with this project should be receiving carbon credits. Hell, this boat could pay for itself!

SUBMERGED%20BALLAST_zpsulxajnsy.jpg

perfect for smuggling wine across the ENGLISH channel

Why would the French smuggle English wine across the Channel?

I like how you worked a nice sheerline into a Sub. Innovative and attractive. The Russians are building more, and i think they could use some help in the lines department.

SUBS-master675.jpg
Nuclear-powered submarines at a base in Russia’s Murmansk region. Moscow has increased submarine patrols in the past year. CreditLev Fedoseyev/TASS, via Getty Images

Archived