Quitting smoking (almost) 1 year in.

Roughly 340ish days right now.

Where are all the quitters and quitters who went back?

I should have taken Monkey's bet. ;)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

since someone bumped this, i'll give an update... besides no longer smelling of an ashtray, coughing up lung oysters constantly, losing time with my family or friends to go hide and feed the habi

Thanks Black, good on you for kicking.  Unlike someone mentioned upthread about "telling everyone", i'm trying to be, uumm..humble, about it.  I mean bragging about stopping doing something that is ob

That's a great pic I will never forget when our last dog was still new to us, and he had apparently only been in a car when they took him to the pound and when we brought him home. We had to give

Posted Images

2 years without a cigarette, I do cheat with the e-cig though. Gotta stop that now.

seems they're in a panic due to new legislation.

Jan or Feb 2009 for me. I first gave up may 2006,then fell off the wagon may 2008. I still have moments I really want to smoke but it's easier to tell myself no these days.

Jan or Feb 2009 for me. I first gave up may 2006,then fell off the wagon may 2008. I still have moments I really want to smoke but it's easier to tell myself no these days.

Oh yeah, there's always moments that are like "man, a smoke would be fucking great".

Then just shrug and forget about it.

Since xmass really, Vape though.. Local joint makes their own vape juice with only local natural no additive shit. Wifie does not mind it in the house and you can sneak it in bars... Keep going down on the nic level and almost don't miss it. Ecigs off the shelf are crap btw... go with a decent vape pen and you are golden...

Kick it guys. I know its hard.. Just lost my wifes dad in March. Awesome guy, he was a big part of our daily family life. Hauling his grand kids to various activites during the week. I probably saw him 2-3 times a day minimum. He smoked for what we think was about 30yrs. He "stopped" when my wife was about 2 or three according to family. Long story short, he always had poor lung capacity. 2nd week of march he suffered a blood clot in his leg primarily due to being dehydrated, it moved and hit his lung. It wiped out what little lung capacity he had left. Even though the docs got him hydrated and the blood clot stuff under control he simply had no capacity to absorb oxygen. Fucking horrible way to go!! There isnt a day that goes by that we dont think about him.

Anyway cleaning up his place settling the estate, I found reciepts from a liquor/smoke shop $150 -$200 a month dated 06-08 for smokes!! Right before he passed he said "I've been so stupid" we were baffled by that comment. Till we found the recipts for the cigarets.

All I can say is dont smoke that shit, and you cant hide it from your own body. He was 74yrs old, was living a great life having a good time with his family and friends. He went way too damn early!!

The new ct scans show your healthy lung tissue. If you smoke get scanned and look at the scan. That will be enough to scare the shit out of you. After seeing his scan we knew there was no recovery even if all other systems were back in track.

When there is no other choice but to light up, I rip off the filter and smoke the factory cut end, then inhale rather than puff. Much less addictive, and the big particles of smoke stick to the little particles and keep them in the lungs rather than letting so many cross through the blood barrier.

A couple of inhales from an unfiltered ciggerbuddy is just as satisfying as a whole filtered ciggerbuddy. Then I snub out the rest as soon as I feel satisfied and stick it back in the box for later, consumption plummeted. The filter makes the smoke less harmful in some ways, but more addictive, and it also makes it necessary to smoke more of them. Unless you happen to own stock in the tobacco company, personal experience has filters make it harder to quit because they make the smoke so much more smooth and delicious.

And when you smoke unfiltered, your hands will smell like used tobacco all day, which is a good thing to remind you why you want to quit.

Since xmass really, Vape though.. Local joint makes their own vape juice with only local natural no additive shit. Wifie does not mind it in the house and you can sneak it in bars... Keep going down on the nic level and almost don't miss it. Ecigs off the shelf are crap btw... go with a decent vape pen and you are golden...

Yeah, I vape, just didn't want to sound like a douche canoe. So much stigma around vaping, but I feel better so it is better.

Ha, Pot is legal here so the looks I get when driving and vaping are priceless... Yes I am vaping, and no you cannot do shit about it..... :)

been over two decades for me.

course i never smoked in the first place.

Thats because you're a pussy.

When there is no other choice but to light up

Its cigarettes, not heroin.

Yes, you should have. I made it four months and folded again. Trying again soon.

Edit: I don't remember what the proposed bet was, but I'll honor it out of penance, and if it even slightly helped your cause, it's worth it.

Yes, you should have. I made it four months and folded again. Trying again soon.

Edit: I don't remember what the proposed bet was, but I'll honor it out of penance, and if it even slightly helped your cause, it's worth it.

No need mate, you've been more than helpful with the device of noise and fury and speed. ;)

Ha, Pot is legal here so the looks I get when driving and vaping are priceless... Yes I am vaping, and no you cannot do shit about it..... :)

Wait a sec ... did I park your car when I was working as a valet at Elways? You pulled up with blood all over the front of your car, and I asked "is that blood?" And you said "of course it's blood, it's a Cadillac Eldorado."

heh.. edgy huh. you should have a cig, it'll make you feel better.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/aaa-report-fatal-marijuana-related-crashes-up-where-drug-is-legal/

This doesn't make a clear connection to me ...

In 2012, Washington became one of the first states to legalize marijuana. Now a new study by AAA has found the number of fatal accidents involving drivers who'd recently used pot more than doubled between 2013 and 2014.

Of course fatal accidents are going to be more likely to involve herb users in state that made it legal, because in those states, suddenly many times more people are smoking or ingesting it. So when it was illegal, your average driver was less likely to have it in their system as after the ban was lifted. That doesn't necessarily suggest a direct link to the drug and the accident.

A more useful report would be tom compare the accidents per capita before an after the ban. Because if someone who would have previously driven drunk, then drives stoned, it could very well lower accidents. So what happened in Shaggy's state after legalization?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/did-marijuana-legalization-lower-car-accident-deaths-colorado-state-sees-historic-lows-296886

Our fatal accidents have supposedly decreased to "historic lows." But as noted, this doesn't necessarily mean that stoned drivers are safer, but rather that the drug stays in one's system in a measurable way, long, long after the high is gone. It suggests though that stoned drivers aren't necessarily any worse than unstoned ones.

heh.. edgy huh. you should have a cig, it'll make you feel better.

You said it. Like magic. Inside each paper tube is a magical substance that changes stress to happiness. I've no idea how Mother Nature did that with her tobacco plants, but sure enough, she did it.

I made two weeks cold turkey then folded. Hypnotherapy next or patches next.

A friend of ratz and mine did hypnotherapy, she never touched a cigarette again. I'd try it before the patch or gum or any of that crap. Clean break is the way to go!

As far as cold turkey, 10 days is the hump, what went wrong?

You might want to try the method I mentioned up there, it really does work.

You will always be a smoker, but you will be a pack-a-month smoker faster than you could imagine, and a three-pack-a-year smoker without even realizing how it happened. A friend taught me, I taught my friends, they taught their friends. They're pack-a-year smokers, they have to buy new packs when their opened ones go stale.

1. Break off the filter

2. Never puff, only inhale, even if it makes you cough. Hold in each inhale, as if you were smoking herb.

3. Snub out the ciggerbuddy as soon as you feel the buzz, save the rest for later, the relief comes much faster without that filter.

4. The ciggerbuddies are your friends, not your enemies. They will become friends on which you will rely less and less.

5. Don't puff.

6. Did I mention not to puff?

7. Rip off the filter.

8. Did I mention to rip off the filter? Modern filters aren't just filters, they are actually ventilators, they mix air with the smoke to make it smoother. You don't want smooth, you want your fix, and there is nothing smooth about that fix.

9. Smokers are inflexible creatures of habit. You won't want to do any of these things, but you can use your comfort of routine to your advantage.

10. You will always be a smoker, even if you had not had one in months. It's impossible to unlearn the miracle of tobacco because it fills a longing in our souls. But it's not alcohol, a few puffs now and then, done with the above rules, will not plunge you back to a pack-a-day habit.

11. If you ever break those rules, and puff a filtered cigarette, then punish yourself by running the whole oack in water, crumble them into the trash and start again with a fresh pack. The days of mindlessly puffing filtered cigarettes are over, we can't handle their unstoppable power. Instead, you will be in awe of their power, and with each inhale, look at the cigarette in your fingers, enjoying it to the fullest. It's not a time to chat with coworkers, it's about your perfect relationship with your treasured ciggerbuddy, and at that moment, she is your only true love, a perfect cylindrical heaven, the best friend you have ever had until the moment you snub the treasured beauty out and save her for later. You don't flick the ash like some mindless barbarian, you gently roll the ash off, depositing it when humility and grace. You may not have a cigar, but we have much to learn from cigar smokers. They treasure their smokes, they respect them, they have honor. Be like that. I don't know shit about cigars, but I know that cigar smokers enjoy their lives. I want to be like that, rather than some chain smoking idiot who can't get through the stress of the day without resorting to my live hate relationship with my smokes. I'll never, ever be that person again.

• Like 1

Yeah, I vape, just didn't want to sound like a douche canoe. So much stigma around vaping, but I feel better so it is better.

Popcorn is Good

Popcorn Lung not so much

4 mths 11 days, doing ok

Br

Awesome! Grats!

Popcorn is Good

Popcorn Lung not so much

I run 5 miles instead of 5 feet now.

As a career "quitter," Chantix has always been the easiest for me. Once you solve the lucid dream issue, it's pretty easy.

My problem has always been staying quit.

I quit 14 years ago. Smoked for 10 before that. The Mrs. and I quit at the same time. I didn't want to let her down and she didn't want to let me down. It was Spring and I couldn't keep patches stuck to me due to sweating. I used Zyban and was pretty grumpy for being on an antidepressant. It's hard but one of the best things you can do for your health. Be selfish, do it for yourself. You can't do it for someone else.

I get a little envious of people who can quit cold turkey, it seems eventually they just reach the point where they no longer even think about tobacco. I think about it all the time, it's a constant struggle, every time things get stressful. I sometimes wonder what would fill up my thinking space if my constant battle against little addictions like that was not inside my head.

I know that a lot of us can never quit cold turkey, but that one seems to least emotionally enslaving way to do it.

Did the vape switch about a year and half ago, it was quite easy. I have been lowering the nicotine level down, been on 0 for the last couple of months just realized recently that I still carry my "peace pipe" around but have kind of lost interest, some days don't even touch it, other day hit it once of twice.

Will probably keep it around and some nicotine juice if I ever go drinking.

But really, quitting was utterly painless.

We saw a proposed project that would have placed a wonderfully well-appointed cabins/camp on a small currently unoccupied island in the Canadian west coast for rich people to kick that and other habits. Plan was they would be kept there in semi-luxury for a couple months of conditioning. Unlike most facilities the place would offer a much more pleasant vacation, all that nice fishing and sightseeing and whatnot, and the people could have the run of the whole island.

It was scotched when somebody realized that the inmates might attempt an Alcatraz style escape. Probably sewing shower curtains together to make an inflatable raft, or whatever. NTTAAWWT, but the ocean swallows bodies and the expense of the search was prohibitive. Not worth the risk.

Fuck, it's been about 20 years for me. I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke nowadays, but IIRC it took about 7 or 8 years to stop wanting one every time somebody else lit up.

FB- Doug

Congrats to everyone ! I quit cigarettes 25+ yrs ago.... as soon as I could make it into a bar and not have the urge to light-up, I knew I was finally done. As John Belushi once said.....

--------------------------------------------------------

I said Baby.....
You know when you bend over I see every bit of Christmas
And when you bend back I`m looking right into the new year

She said, Honey, you know I gave up cigarettes for my new year`s resolution.....

But I didn`t give up smoking

I said Woman.... are you going to walk a mile for a Camel,
Or are you going to make like Mr Chesterfield and satisfy?

She said, That all depends on what your packing.....
Regular or kingsize ?

Then she pulled out my Jim Beam.....

and to her surprise it was every bit as hard as my Canadian Club

I said..... Now what you got to say baby?

Quit and stay quit. It's hard and it sucks, but it does get easier.

I quit many times only to end up in a bar with no willpower and I'm bum one and that was that. I was a heavy smoker 2-3 packs a day. I finally quit when I ended up in the hospital for something completely unrelated. They did give me buckets of Demerol. I was like Elvis. After not caring about anything for 3 weeks. I just never picked up another cigarette.

The catch is that I also stopped drinking (any and all booze) for almost a whole year. I was terrified that, if I drank, I would eventually smoke. Eventually, I had a beer. I can drink copious quantities now and have no urges for smoking. My wife still smokes (I have the kids working on her) and she's making noises about quitting. My brother died young, of lung cancer, due to smoking. These help keep me quit.

If you fall off, keep trying. It's worth it to be able to move and walk up stairs without wheezing like a broken calliope.

Good luck.

I have been a smoker for more than 40 years. I quit once for 6 years and tried a couple of other times. I will smoke until I die, be that sooner or later. I need it and I usually like it. After my first spontaneous pnuemothorax (collapsed lung) of 3 in my life, a good friend of mine gave me this card. He wrote inside: Strangely appropriate.

9bb8b02224e1529a39655526b504bc75.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So we cleared a year on Saturday. And then I came down with the flu. Coughing doesn't hurt anything like it did when I was a smoker. Wow. Just wow.

Just passed 13 months..

Sometimes I get a bit of a craving for one, most of the time I don't even think about it anymore..

I was a smoker for 34 years..

I feel better now than I have in a very long time..

Same, every once in a while I'd really like a smoke, but then I forget about it 2min later.

I thought drinking would be an issue, but its not, and we don't drink around any smokers.

Just passed 13 months..

Sometimes I get a bit of a craving for one, most of the time I don't even think about it anymore..

Same, every once in a while I'd really like a smoke, but then I forget about it 2min later.

I thought drinking would be an issue, but its not, and we don't drink around any smokers.

Gotta say, I don't actually like the smell anymore.. a real turn off..

my coffee intake has gone form 8-10 cups a day to 1-2 cups. Not sure thats a good thing. I love coffee but i guess i associated it with smoking..

I can drink without feeling like smoking and likewise, don't drink around smokers..

Just passed 13 months..

Gotta say, I don't actually like the smell anymore.. a real turn off..

my coffee intake has gone form 8-10 cups a day to 1-2 cups. Not sure thats a good thing. I love coffee but i guess i associated it with smoking..

I can drink without feeling like smoking and likewise, don't drink around smokers..

Couple times a week I have to ride an elevator with smokers that I work with. I make sure to incessantly shame them. :D

I am at the worst stage of ex-smoker. I resent smelling smoke outdoors now, particularly if I am walking behind someone that smokes. Cunts who pollute the air that I breath with carcinogenic compounds need to be charged.

Fuck you! Inside is one thing. Outside, well, fuck you.

I am at the worst stage of ex-smoker. I resent smelling smoke outdoors now, particularly if I am walking behind someone that smokes. Cunts who pollute the air that I breath with carcinogenic compounds need to be charged.

You can always count on soak for a positive contribution to the discussion. Thanks again soak_cunt.

Oh I forgot to mention that I have come to the personal conclusion (no links to back it up) that anyone who continues to smoke needs serious help. But some of those are just fuckwits who think it's cool, when it's clearly the reverse.

Anyone who lights up goes down 5 points on a ten point coolness scale. For women that's 9 points down. Like kissing an ashtray with stinky hair.

You are correct that you are at the worst stage of an ex-smoker. That is to say you are at that point where you are a self righteous prick about it.

You can always count on soak for a positive contribution to the discussion. Thanks again soak_cunt.

Oh I forgot to mention that I have come to the personal conclusion (no links to back it up) that anyone who continues to smoke needs serious help. But some of those are just fuckwits who think it's cool, when it's clearly the reverse.

Anyone who lights up goes down 5 points on a ten point coolness scale. For women that's 9 points down. Like kissing an ashtray with stinky hair.

You are correct that you are at the worst stage of an ex-smoker. That is to say you are at that point where you are a self righteous prick about it.

But it is helpful that you show up in a Quit Smoking thread to offer encouragement to those making the change.

You quit smoking. Good for you. Why do you have the need to be such an asshole about it? You don't like the smell of smoke anymore, that's nice. Fuck you.

Nice soak, haven't counted but that's quite a few 'fuck you's' in the process of calling me an asshole.

Get help, you can do it! As moon-unit said, you won't stink anymore then.

Fuck you.

Its a good time, and fun to be righteous about it.

And play point at the pariah.

You guys who went cold turkey, how long before you stop thinking of a ciggerbuddy as the first stop on the Stress Express?

I barely smoke anymore, but I constantly, constantly, constantly think about them when work starts getting stressful. It feels like that desire is never going to go away, it's like wanting a breath of air while you're drowning.

For me, I got to the point where I could not play the sport I wanted to (soccer), lungs hurt, so with some difficulty, stopped smoking, went back sailing.

Ain't the lungs that hurt no more with high impact sports. :lol:

I got pretty beat up spearfishing with brandy new carbon fins yesterday. Legs felt like jelly on the ride home.

What are you spearing up here T? Congrats on the deathtubes as well.

Tog, Black Sea Bass, Fluke.

Striped Bass in RI. chicken mahi at the windmills and hi fliers.

Any success with the stripers?

Any success with the stripers?

Personally no, haven't bothered making the pilgrimage. I'm helping try to push through legislation to make it legal here in MA. Last time it was tried a bunch of crybaby charter captains from the cape and nantucket cried poor/everyone shoots undersized bass and their mcmansion summer clients made calls. This time hopefully it slides through on another bill.

Well, I'll try a new, horribly expensive method. Just bought my first brand new car in fifteen years. It's never had a chance to be smoked in, and I intend to keep it that way. So my choices are quit or be grumpy on my commute. At least it's an astoundingly fun commuter, so I hope it keeps me distracted.

Well, I'll try a new, horribly expensive method. Just bought my first brand new car in fifteen years. It's never had a chance to be smoked in, and I intend to keep it that way. So my choices are quit or be grumpy on my commute. At least it's an astoundingly fun commuter, so I hope it keeps me distracted.

And now you can't afford to smoke. :lol:

And now you can't afford to smoke. :lol:

Nah. It wasn't that expensive. It's pretty much just a go kart with a lid on it (Fiesta ST).

4 mths 11 days, doing ok

Br

5 mths 19 days, doing great

Br

6.5 mths just got checked out all is good, will never smoke again.

Br

Although I have never smoked if 8 days feels like a month then either a lack of nicotine is messing with your calendar or your brain is fried......

4 mths 11 days, doing ok

Br

5 mths 19 days, doing great

Br

6.5 mths just got checked out all is good, will never smoke again.

Br

Congrats!

It's tough. I still pat my pockets when I pass certain landmarks on a familiar drive, or complete certain tasks. Finishing a complex glue-up was always a "sit down for a smoke moment".

It's been 6 or 7 years for me (Pack of Lucky Strike non-filter a day), and I do miss the buzz, but not the expense, the ashtray mouth, or the hacking cough.

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2016 at 8:33 AM, shaggy said:

How are you coming with this? The local vape place on Evans and Hampden (Yuphorix?) sells zero-nicotine vape juice, and the pens are pretty advanced now, they can even do vape juice with caffeine or with melatonin. It got me interested, how do the lungs handle the vapor? Does that oily stuff deposit on them? Is it mostly water-based? I have found that the vape is a lot easier than cigs, no lighting involved, no chance of burning down the bed, you can take a single puff without feeling obliged to go through most of the stick. Are you off nicotine completely? Do you still crave the zero-nic juice?

4 minutes ago, random said:

Surely you have at least some idea about how fucked-up that reads.

Smoking a primal joy. Breaking oneself of the habit that offers such a simple pleasure to life requires extreme measures for some of us.

It sounds like you had an easy time quitting to play soccer and sail, not everyone is able to do it as easily as you.

Try the Vaping thing Mike.

I clocked over about a year of no ciggies at Easter.

Slowly dropped the Nic level until I got to zero, now I mainly only Vape when I'm having a beer, or sometimes at smoko at work.

Good thing about it now is that I can vape until my hearts content and not reinforce the chemical addiction.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

Try the Vaping thing Mike.

I clocked over about a year of no ciggies at Easter.

Slowly dropped the Nic level until I got to zero, now I mainly only Vape when I'm having a beer, or sometimes at smoko at work.

Good thing about it now is that I can vape until my hearts content and not reinforce the chemical addiction.

Congratulations on your year. So you regularly vape non-nicotine juice?

When the health insurance or life insurance company asks if you're a "smoker" I assume that non-nicotine vape juice doesn't count, right?

I've found that the no-nicotine caffeine vapor is really satisfying, can I really just vape that stuff to my heart's content without messing up my insurance?

3 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Congratulations on your year. So you regularly vape non-nicotine juice?

When the health insurance or life insurance company asks if you're a "smoker" I assume that non-nicotine vape juice doesn't count, right?

I've found that the no-nicotine caffeine vapor is really satisfying, can I really just vape that stuff to my heart's content without messing up my insurance?

Yep, No nicotine.  Problem I have it that I live close walking distance to a service station.  It can be very hard to take that short walk after a couple of beers.

No nic solves this problem.

Vaping is not smoking, nicotine or no nicotine should not effect insurance.  They should only be interested in if you smoke or not.  Remember the Nicotine is not harmful, it just makes you feel good and is very addictive.

Where? That is a hell of a lot of smoking. They are $15 a pack here so that's less than $6K for a pack a day.

And even that price is very recent.

I'll bet the Kiwi government puts street drug sellers in jail too don't they? Fuckin' hypocrites.

How much is a bottle of Stoli there?

The idea is to discourage smoking but at a certain point it starts to build a strong black market. Smoked briefly as a teen, 90 cents for a pack of Rothmans, $2 for 50 grams of roll your own.....

We have free healthcare so there is an interest in reducing costs

Stoli is about $40.

The Government tobacco excise duty and GST take nationally per annum will peak at $2 Billion Kiwi roubles by 2020.

They spend about $62 Million on smoking prevention and quit programs.

5000 people a year or 13 a day die from smoking related diseases.

Violent thefts and robberies are escalating nationally for cigarettes and all stock are held in secure cabinets and plain packaged.

The sooner retailers move away from selling death sticks the better off we all will be smokers included.

Hah, have a mate who shifted from tobacco to weed and reckons he is saving money and never been happier.

Funniest thing I heard in a while was as our prisons become smoke free the inmates were rolling up and smoking the nicotine  patches.

I quit 20 years ago and used this product which contains high doses of quinine which was used to quell the frayed nerves of Vietnam helicopter pilots.

Commerce you gotta love it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=145607

1 hour ago, floating dutchman said:

Yep, No nicotine.  Problem I have it that I live close walking distance to a service station.  It can be very hard to take that short walk after a couple of beers.

No nic solves this problem.

Vaping is not smoking, nicotine or no nicotine should not effect insurance.  They should only be interested in if you smoke or not.  Remember the Nicotine is not harmful, it just makes you feel good and is very addictive.

Understatement of the decade, nicotine is like the fingers of heaven massaging the cerebral cortex.

I assumed it's harmful though. I don't understand all of this.

4 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Stoli is about $40.

The Government tobacco excise duty and GST tax take nationally per annum will peak at $2 Billion Kiwi roubles by 2020.

They spend about $62 Million on smoking prevention and quit programs.

5000 people a year or 13 a day die from smoking related diseases.

Violent thefts and robberies are escalating nationally for cigarettes and all stock are held in secure cabinets and plain packaged.

The sooner retailers move away from selling death sticks the better off we all will be smokers included.

Hah, have a mate who shifted from tobacco to weed and reckons he is saving money and never been happier.

I quit 20 years ago and used this product which contains high doses of quinine which was used to quell the frayed nerves of Vietnam helicopter pilots.

Commerce you gotta love it.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=145607

Quinine ... ahhh. I wonder if I can get that high dose quinine here, I love the way it makes me feel. I even drink plain tonic water without the gin lots of times because I crave the quinine.

4 hours ago, mikewof said:

How are you coming with this? The local vape place on Evans and Hampden (Yuphorix?) sells zero-nicotine vape juice, and the pens are pretty advanced now, they can even do vape juice with caffeine or with melatonin. It got me interested, how do the lungs handle the vapor? Does that oily stuff deposit on them? Is it mostly water-based? I have found that the vape is a lot easier than cigs, no lighting involved, no chance of burning down the bed, you can take a single puff without feeling obliged to go through most of the stick. Are you off nicotine completely? Do you still crave the zero-nic juice?

Ok, so ...  I used to smoke 1-2 packs of al Capone cheezy cigars on a good wed night, weekend regattas I brought 4 and rarely came home with many left.  Love the somoke feel of a good cigar, but could never get through an entire cubano and I never wanted to waste 30 bucks, so the Al Capones were small and good and I never really cared if I had to throw the damn thing overboard if something went screwy.  Once I went vape though, my god, I can breathe in the morning, hangovers are 1/2 as evil and my wallet is a bit heftier after buying into the whole vape thing.  I am still at 3 mg but could prob go down to 0 without much hassle.  The big thing is you gotta get a good pen.  Spend the $70- $100 for a good mod(the thing that holds the batteries) and get a good tank.  With a good mod you can adjust the ohms and wats to your taste.  This is a good thing...  I originally went the route of buying the cheep pens first then after a year of replacing shit every week, bit the bullet and got a good one.  I have had it for about 2 years and only have had to replace the battery once (lion).  As to the juice, I honed it down to chi tea 3 mg from Centennial vapor (10 bucks or so for a btl, YMMV( it lasts a week or 2 depending on partying).  I went down the custom expensive road for a while, but landed on that.  So pros are you can wake up and be functional immediately without the smoking hangover, cons well, we will have to wait and see..  It has to be better than smoking right??  ;)

4 hours ago, mikewof said:

I assumed it's [nicotine] harmful though. I don't understand all of this.

Common misconception.  Smoking is bad for you, cigarettes do contain nicotine.

Nicotine is about the only substance in cigarettes that is not bad for you.

It is the bit that makes you want to smoke again and again so the rest of the cigarette can kill you.

Vapeing is about as bad for you as Coffee.

• Like 1

quitting is easy .......................

I've done it plenty of times :)

7 yrs plus this time so here's hoping .

never think you can just have one ...............................

shit is worse than smack .