Jump to content

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

it amazes me how you can get bogged down in boat work.... you question why you throw all this work and money at a boat... sometimes months of work and thousands of dollars ....

then you launch the boat, you feel the pressure on the tiller,  you perceive tthe invisible physics going on over your head, you look at the wake opening out behind you, you hear the water chuckling around the dibbghy and all that work and money falls into context.

We are very lucky blokes

Good boats on my river though ain't they

incidentally the wooden Jesus mobo on the swinging mooring belonged to the local vicar

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/waldringfield-final-voyage-for-popular-clergyman-rev-john-waller-1-3188315

 

I was impressed by the collection of boats on your river. Interesting designs, many of which are not familiar to me. Well suited to the locale.

Sailing in such a strong flow is foreign as well. It would take a little courage (from me), until I got used to it. Then the extra motion adds to it all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all I had a few klicks from my favorite sailing forum so I started to search for the tread. Found it! I'm the guy who bought that massive steel thing...  Regarding the mustache, I always

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Posted Images

7 hours ago, dylan winter said:

the granularity of the expertise on this forum knocks me sideways

Now I suspect that you have not entertained women who wisely elected to tell you how many many cc's they were packin' on their chest. How it was all a "big misunderstanding" with their surgeon. Alas, you may fall short of "Man of the World" in some books.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kris Cringle said:

I was impressed by the collection of boats on your river. Interesting designs, many of which are not familiar to me. Well suited to the locale.

Sailing in such a strong flow is foreign as well. It would take a little courage (from me), until I got used to it. Then the extra motion adds to it all. 

Wait until you enter the flow where one river enters another. You may feel like your sailboat is trying to mate with an underwater washing machine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I admire La Vagabond I really do. Great videos and a great couple BUT can you imagine the shit storm if they ever spilt. Who keeps the boat? Who takes the Patreon funds? Who takes the brand!

From previous experience yachts and ex GFs never work! They want fecking everything.
If I had a GF as hot her as I'd want the whole thing locked down legally!!!! :mellow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theadmiralty said:

I admire La Vagabond I really do. Great videos and a great couple BUT can you imagine the shit storm if they ever spilt. Who keeps the boat? Who takes the Patreon funds? Who takes the brand!

From previous experience yachts and ex GFs never work! They want fecking everything.
If I had a GF as hot her as I'd want the whole thing locked down legally!!!! :mellow:

 

14 hours ago, SCANAS said:

"Yes, SCANAS really is this big" 

I doubt Delos owe anything on the boat. He's had it quite a while. 

Seven years I think. I might suspect a 15 year "mortgage" on that boat. 53' with a lot of bells and whistles. He may have had good equity in his Scottsdale home though the 2008 financial tsunami clouds that prospect a bit. I know he "sold everything". How much was raised is anybodies guess. I find myself wondering about the original cost of his 53' eight year old Super Amel.

He said he works on his laptop every morning until the batteries die. My bet is that it pays pretty well due to his strong computer background. If so he is, more or less, supporting the rest of the groups adventure. Though his Swedish girlfriend holds her own with very considerable time editing the well done videos.

It could be argued that the "vacation in paradise" is a bit of a facade. Bryan still works with computers and his girlfriend seems to be the video producer. Those videos have a lot of time spent on them. Video editing takes intense concentration, it is no vacation. Still, they live in various tropical paradises and seem to have a LOT of free time. So they are doing extremely well by my estimation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was / is a programmer. Not sure how much work he could be doing with poor internet connection. Or if he even needs that income nowadays. In the early days they would park the boat & fly home to work & earn enough to continue on.

Mortgages on boats are unheard of in OZ. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Mortgages on boats are unheard of in OZ. 

Not true Scanas. Boat Mortgages aplenty in Australia providing they are a Registered Ship, noting that ship is divided into 64 shares, which can be divided among various the owners. That said the more common form of Marine finance is a simple loan secured by the vessel, just like vehicle finance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had the kind of assests & serviceability to get a 15yr boat loan, you wouldn't need one. I'd be shocked if anyone replies to say they had a single 15yr term on a boat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, softdown said:

 

Seven years I think. I might suspect a 15 year "mortgage" on that boat. 53' with a lot of bells and whistles. He may have had good equity in his Scottsdale home though the 2008 financial tsunami clouds that prospect a bit. I know he "sold everything". How much was raised is anybodies guess. I find myself wondering about the original cost of his 53' eight year old Super Amel.

He said he works on his laptop every morning until the batteries die. My bet is that it pays pretty well due to his strong computer background. If so he is, more or less, supporting the rest of the groups adventure. Though his Swedish girlfriend holds her own with very considerable time editing the well done videos.

It could be argued that the "vacation in paradise" is a bit of a facade. Bryan still works with computers and his girlfriend seems to be the video producer. Those videos have a lot of time spent on them. Video editing takes intense concentration, it is no vacation. Still, they live in various tropical paradises and seem to have a LOT of free time. So they are doing extremely well by my estimation.

It amazes me how La Vaag and Delos manage to do so much editing on board. They must be really well set up for it and amazingly motivated.  I am at home and can wheel the dinghy down to the water and be sailing my trailer sailier within fifteen minutes and I find that a tremendous distraction from what you accuratly describe as the "intense" nature of video editing. 

The filming part is so much less demanding than the editing side of things - which I guess is why La Vag is recruiting an on boar editor - who will repsumably occupy their own hot corner of a catamaran in paradise.

The local river is just a suffolk estuary and hear her siren song as I sit at my desk -imagine how hard it is to edit when there are people all around you playing in the crystal clear waters around you.

I assume the $9,000 a week is a bit of an incentive.  If I could earn $9,000 per film I would only need to make three a year to cover all my costs

- but I am an old  bloke who has paid the house mortgage off and has never borrowed money for sinkable real estate - I have never borrowed money for a car either. I would rather drive and sail clunkers than shiny depreciating piles of debt.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The Delos guy B4 and now

IMG_20170519_231538.jpg

If I recall correctly, that transformation happened in the first three years or so. It would seem that a lot of diving and eating fish is good for the physique.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Brits I know of

Barry Perrins

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClIKklzZCK7VQ3Rmbojvfyw

 

and

 

Chase the story

 

the man is an ugly Brit

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAfTNlPDzH9Iq1JorOZ22Jg

 

 

Follow the boat are brits too

 

Judging by my inbox there must be around 40 sailing bloggers with Patreon accounts schlepping around the Caribbean  circuit at the moment

I am starting to notice the other blogger boats starting to appear in the background of blogger films

D

Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the beer talking but If I were La Vagabond I wouldn't have taken the Outremer cat....
Riley owned La Vagabond outright, but now they're both indebted to Outremer for 10/15 years.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a bad deal. 
And let's be honest, for a million dollar cat, the interior looks shite - iKea catalogue stuff. Have Outremer scrimped on it..
Despite being many times cheaper, their old Cyclades had a nice warmth and quality about it.

I love Riley and Elayna and will continue watching the videos and supporting them, but I wish they where back on the old Cyclades or another monohull. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theadmiralty said:

If I were La Vagabond I wouldn't have taken the Outremer cat....
Riley owned La Vagabond outright, but now they're both indebted to Outremer for 10/20 years.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a bad deal. 
And let's be honest, for a million dollar cat, the interior looks shite - iKea catalogue stuff. Have Outremer scrimped on it..
Despite being many times cheaper, their old Cyclades had a nice warmth and quality about it.

I love Riley and Riley and Elayna and will continue watching the videos, but I wish they where back on the old Cyclades or another monohull. 

My bet is that Elayna talked him into it. Much more room for her shoes and clothes. Much larger bed, she claims that Riley took the overwhelming majority of the previous bed.

Outremer will sell a few cats from it. I already know of one couple that now plan on a cat after selling their $2 million dollar home.

It was a risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, softdown said:

My bet is that Elayna talked him into it. Much more room for her shoes and clothes. Much larger bed, she claims that Riley took the overwhelming majority of the previous bed.

Outremer will sell a few cats from it. I already know of one couple that now plan on a cat after selling their $2 million dollar home.

It was a risk.

I'll be honest, and I'm not just saying this to piss on anyones parade, BUT after watching the videos I wouldn't buy one! Then again I am a monohull man so clearly not in the target market for a cat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-05-18 at 3:29 AM, SCANAS said:

"Yes, SCANAS really is this big" 

I doubt Delos owe anything on the boat. He's had it quite a while. 

 

20 hours ago, softdown said:

 

Seven years I think. I might suspect a 15 year "mortgage" on that boat. 53' with a lot of bells and whistles. He may have had good equity in his Scottsdale home though the 2008 financial tsunami clouds that prospect a bit. I know he "sold everything". How much was raised is anybodies guess. I find myself wondering about the original cost of his 53' eight year old Super Amel.

He said he works on his laptop every morning until the batteries die. My bet is that it pays pretty well due to his strong computer background. If so he is, more or less, supporting the rest of the groups adventure. Though his Swedish girlfriend holds her own with very considerable time editing the well done videos.

It could be argued that the "vacation in paradise" is a bit of a facade. Bryan still works with computers and his girlfriend seems to be the video producer. Those videos have a lot of time spent on them. Video editing takes intense concentration, it is no vacation. Still, they live in various tropical paradises and seem to have a LOT of free time. So they are doing extremely well by my estimation.

Delos does more than their Youtube vids, they are pretty active & open on pretty much any sailing podcast that invites them on when they have an internet connection.

He still has a note on the boat so many years later, the original price on his Millennium was $300k+, which he could swing at the time but leave no kitty left to actually go cruising, so he took on a mortgage, lived aboard for a year, crewed on a few race boats out of Portland (including an SC53).

He hasn't worked as a programmer remotely since he left Australia and settled his share of his company.  All Bryan's "laptop work until the battery dies" is managing the Delos brand and making use of an internet connection while he has it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-05-17 at 9:29 PM, softdown said:

Agreed....less than 200cc or so. We have a few shock jocks that tend towards pretty fantastical exaggeration. I'd place LB 15's exhibited jocular mamm's at closer to 850...for comparison.

Just for shits & giggles I took a quick look at their Instagrams.

Um yeah her hands are further apart on the wheel than they used to be.

 

https://www.instagram.com/elayna__c/?hl=en

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

 

Delos does more than their Youtube vids, they are pretty active & open on pretty much any sailing podcast that invites them on when they have an internet connection.

He still has a note on the boat so many years later, the original price on his Millennium was $300k+, which he could swing at the time but leave no kitty left to actually go cruising, so he took on a mortgage, lived aboard for a year, crewed on a few race boats out of Portland (including an SC53).

He hasn't worked as a programmer remotely since he left Australia and settled his share of his company.  All Bryan's "laptop work until the battery dies" is managing the Delos brand and making use of an internet connection while he has it.

So, maybe Bryan is not quite as smart as I gave him credit for. Then again, it has worked out for him.

I believe he was married when he bought Delos? Maybe it was the wife's involvement? Bryan doesn't seem like the type that couldn't fall asleep on a $175,000 sailboat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it humorous that the Vag's and other internet beggars are probably getting more clicks from the links in this thread than if they just sat there in their bikinis and waited for youtube to do the heavy lifting.

"No such thing as bad publicity. Just spell my name URL right." P.T.Barnum

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, softdown said:

Outremer will sell a few cats from it.

No they won't. The kind of people who are smart enough to make that kind if money are not likely to be influenced by 'Tash and Brows excellent adventure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Just for shits & giggles I took a quick look at their Instagrams.

Um yeah her hands are further apart on the wheel than they used to be.

 

https://www.instagram.com/elayna__c/?hl=en

Yes there is defiantly some changes.

Who leaves their own brand new boat in europe to go on a charter holiday in their own country?

 

 

18579514_418765311836208_7096052564524793856_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No they won't. The kind of people who are smart enough to make that kind if money are not likely to be influenced by 'Tash and Brows excellent adventure.

I'd like to place a bet that you have not studied advertising. Plus owning a $2 million dollar home is not exceptional in certain markets. Some people simply bought a home a few decades ago and watched things go crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

that is a lovely picture of a lovely girl

very nicely done

 

D

She is rather extraordinary. Believe I read that blokes pay a lot of money to Skype with her. Now that I consider questionable since she is quite obviously taken and literally out of reach. Plus that vegetarian thingie. Still, reckon I'd buy her lunch if she were available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, softdown said:

That might where you learned it but I did as Creative director and senior partner of my own Agency for 10 years.

You need to understand the difference between brand awareness and brand association. This may well put more eyeballs on the brand by putting it out there but a serious Cat buyer would have found them anyway. Going guarantor on a loan is a fairly low risk proposition to build brand awareness. But they are linking the fortunes of the brand to the fortunes of the dynamic duo and that might carry some risk. 'Sponsorship' (what this effectively is) can be a two edged sword. So successfully did one race sponsor align their brand with the event that it became known in the press as 'The Telstra Sydney to Hobart Yacht race disaster'

Regardless 'advertising' is about identifying and casting ones net in the most plentiful waters. The people who follow them (and after reading some of the fawning love on the Instagram link they can and should be called  'followers') are not the adventurous types that are likely to take the plunge even if they could sell the family home for enough reddies. These people are standing in the rain in their anoraks watching the La Vag vids on their phones waiting for the bus to take them to their sad job in the dispatch department of a fudge factory, not young free spirits like their hero's. They escape from reality each day by watching 'suits', reading Jack Reacher or watching La Vag vids. They are no more likely to sell up and buy a cat than they are to go to law school, or own nothing and travel around on a bus killing about 10 bad guys each week. 

Wrong demographic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

That might where you learned it but I did as Creative director and senior partner of my own Agency for 10 years.

You need to understand the difference between brand awareness and brand association. This may well put more eyeballs on the brand by putting it out there but a serious Cat buyer would have found them anyway. Going guarantor on a loan is a fairly low risk proposition to build brand awareness. But they are linking the fortunes of the brand to the fortunes of the dynamic duo and that might carry some risk. 'Sponsorship' (what this effectively is) can be a two edged sword. So successfully did one race sponsor align their brand with the event that it became known in the press as 'The Telstra Sydney to Hobart Yacht race disaster'

Regardless 'advertising' is about identifying and casting ones net in the most plentiful waters. The people who follow them (and after reading some of the fawning love on the Instagram link they can and should be called  'followers') are not the adventurous types that are likely to take the plunge even if they could sell the family home for enough reddies. These people are standing in the rain in their anoraks watching the La Vag vids on their phones waiting for the bus to take them to their sad job in the dispatch department of a fudge factory, not young free spirits like their hero's. They escape from reality each day by watching 'suits', reading Jack Reacher or watching La Vag vids. They are no more likely to sell up and buy a cat than they are to go to law school, or own nothing and travel around on a bus killing about 10 bad guys each week. 

Wrong demographic.

Fair enough....you won. I owe you a beer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10/15yr agreement with Outremer is highly unlikely. They'll be divorced or have kids in school by then! Either way as a fellow GEN Y I can assure you no one signs on for that long. 

 

Dylan - you sail in a cunt of a place. I don't want to watch someone ghosting along doing 2knots on poo brown water. You should do a whole series were you fly to Australia, buy an RL24 or a Swarbrick Spacesailor 24 for 10k Aussie (about 100 pounds) in Sydney & cruise the east cost & over the top. Board shorts & 22c tropical blue water temp. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Dylan - you sail in a cunt of a place. I don't want to watch someone ghosting along doing 2knots on poo brown water. You should do a whole series were you fly to Australia, buy an RL24 or a Swarbrick Spacesailor 24 for 10k Aussie (about 100 pounds) in Sydney & cruise the east cost & over the top. Board shorts & 22c tropical blue water temp. 

Dylan Scanas will even pick you up at the airport..

 

IMG_20170520_104437.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to pick you up @ airport & spend your boat $'s Dylan. 

BJ I am genuinely shocked that anyone would lend money on a boat over that period of time. The average home loan in OZ is 13yrs. I assume they must have security over something back at home, but really none of our business. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

The average home loan in OZ is 13yrs. 

Scanas you should stop furnishing financial advice. Average bank home loan offer period in Aust used to be many moons ago 20 or 25 years. It is now 25 or 30 years as a consequence of the decrease in housing affordability.

Don't know what your 13 year period is but I suspect it is the average payback period as a consequence of selling and paying out loan. Obviously a pretty useless statistic as that is followed by upgrading to a new home and then getting back on the home loan debt horse...unless you intend living in a dumpster of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Happy to pick you up @ airport & spend your boat $'s Dylan. 

BJ I am genuinely shocked that anyone would lend money on a boat over that period of time. The average home loan in OZ is 13yrs. I assume they must have security over something back at home, but really none of our business. 

That's Oz, not America I guess. I did a refi on this boat mortgage after about five years into the first 20 year note. Better rate and cut the payment dramatically.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SCANAS said:

10/15yr agreement with Outremer is highly unlikely. They'll be divorced or have kids in school by then! Either way as a fellow GEN Y I can assure you no one signs on for that long. 

 

Dylan - you sail in a cunt of a place. I don't want to watch someone ghosting along doing 2knots on poo brown water. You should do a whole series were you fly to Australia, buy an RL24 or a Swarbrick Spacesailor 24 for 10k Aussie (about 100 pounds) in Sydney & cruise the east cost & over the top. Board shorts & 22c tropical blue water temp. 

Excellent - I shall put that on my website

"you sail in a cunt of a place"

I love this forum for the epic thread drift and the way that language is thrown at the threads from all over the world

I agree, the water is seldom  warm, sometimes it is not clear, it rains occasionally

but....

the scenery is great, no men with guns, no paperwork, I can leave my boat unlocked and my bike against a wall outside a shop, hardly any inseccts, nothing in or above the water that can kill you or eat you.

I often sail wearing six layers of clothes.....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You stay where you are Dylan and keep doing what your doin...love your work....as for SCANAS...unfortunately he is now bordering on getting a LB  "Cliffy Claven" tag if he keeps diving overboard into high-end adult things like marketing and finance without a PFD, let alone a paddle. I'm sure he will come to his senses though.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, at 3:12 you're not selling it to me Dylan. Big tides, slow boat, grey skies, rain, cold water & more rain. 

This is 13nm from my front door & JS I'll be going sailing tomorrow, will you?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCANAS said:

 

This is 13nm from my front door & JS I'll be going sailing tomorrow, will you?

 

 

Scan I have no fuckin idea where the front door/hatch is at the moment..just B4 she made me get into the dingy go ashore in a place where there is no electricity, no running water and unabtonium is cheaper than a large cardboard box..yet just to find one so she can play the box game that she and her two sisters love so much. Yours is a far better view than mine atm and trust me I'm trying to go sailing tomorrow Scan as long as the triplets untie me...... sorry got to go...this is where I'm supposed to jump out shouting ...the cock in the box is here. Fuckin weird.

images (43).jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Yeah, at 3:12 you're not selling it to me Dylan. Big tides, slow boat, grey skies, rain, cold water & more rain. 

This is 13nm from my front door & JS I'll be going sailing tomorrow, will you?

 

 

Sharks, stingrays and far too many arseholes in power boats. Jet skis count for double in the arsehole stakes.

Plus, the water might be clear there but the Brisbane River is a dirty polluted muddy ditch, not a patch on Sydney Harbour or the Derwent estuary, particularly the D'Entrecasteaux Channel area.

But please, don't believe me and more particularly, don't come here. You'll hate it. Truly.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd fucken hate to sail somewhere warm like the Caribbean and eat the shite they consider food over there :lol:

Give me my cuntish water, miserable skies and steak, eggs and chips after a hard days sail.

No wonder these YouTubers look so gaunt and ill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Sharks, stingrays and far too many arseholes in power boats. Jet skis count for double in the arsehole stakes.

Plus, the water might be clear there but the Brisbane River is a dirty polluted muddy ditch, not a patch on Sydney Harbour or the Derwent estuary, particularly the D'Entrecasteaux Channel area.

But please, don't believe me and more particularly, don't come here. You'll hate it. Truly.

FKT

That's why Lydia moved down there. And we can't thank you enough...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

That's why Lydia moved down there. And we can't thank you enough...

That's becoming a problem - bloody useless escapees from the mainland bringing their idiotic attitudes with them (I moved from Sydney so I'm an earlier exemplar of this). Fortunately I'm pretty safe from the influx. Lydia hopefully moved to Sandy Bay or another suburb close to what passes for the Hobart CBD.

In 3 weeks I'll be in Sydney for a couple of months, reminding myself just what I like and detest about the place. Bob Carr banning jet skis off of the entire Sydney Harbour has to rate as the only enduring achievement of his time as Premier. I'm taking a small sailing dinghy with me and it's only 5 minutes from my house to the launch ramp.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's becoming a problem - bloody useless escapees from the mainland bringing their idiotic attitudes with them (I moved from Sydney so I'm an earlier exemplar of this). Fortunately I'm pretty safe from the influx. Lydia hopefully moved to Sandy Bay or another suburb close to what passes for the Hobart CBD.

In 3 weeks I'll be in Sydney for a couple of months, reminding myself just what I like and detest about the place. Bob Carr banning jet skis off of the entire Sydney Harbour has to rate as the only enduring achievement of his time as Premier. I'm taking a small sailing dinghy with me and it's only 5 minutes from my house to the launch ramp.

FKT

No Lydia is at Dover. The immigration from the mainland will help the Gene pool in the long term. Maybe cut down on the number of Jackie Lambies and Bob Browns that future generations will have to put up with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No Lydia is at Dover. The immigration from the mainland will help the Gene pool in the long term. Maybe cut down on the number of Jackie Lambies and Bob Browns that future generations will have to put up with.

Can't see how that's going to work out - you guys elected Anna Bligh and the latest one with the un-spellable surname.... what's your excuse? WRT politicians I'm sure we live in an idiotcracy.

Dover hey - she probably did raise the average IQ there (whoever she is). Mind you that wouldn't be difficult....

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites

  Th'd is starting to drift from important topics like bumbling n00b's & 33psi cleavage...

  Just to get back on track, I had to check up on ol' reliable.  Youtube sailing vlogger's fav Playboy model just never disappoints (I think this is the first one of her vids I've watched all the way through to the end since they tried to sink their last boat)

 

 

 

  She's talking about getting this POS in the water sailing by July 4th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

  She's talking about getting this POS in the water sailing by July 4th.

4th July is plenty doable.

That is, 4th July 2019.  If she works hard.

The job will of course be made much easier by having her 8yo daughter living on board the hulk while she guts it.

</sarcasm>

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

4th July is plenty doable.

That is, 4th July 2019.  If she works hard.

The job will of course be made much easier by having her 8yo daughter living on board the hulk while she guts it.

</sarcasm>

 

I'm just assuming it's a play for a mercy ride or extra Patreon "tips".

 

Edit -- Just occurred to me, I think her last boat had a note on it and when they split it was exciting for her to bumble through a head repair on her own...before Towboat US showed up and gave her an hour to clear her stuff out before they repossessed it because her Ex cancelled the loan and she couldn't carry it herself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

LB15 I just had an idea. Maybe Lydia moved down there so that he could get a easy seat in Parliament..... Lydia?

You need to have a second head grafted on and a double lobotomy to qualify.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites

the soap opera nature of many of these video blogs with weekly updates concerning the domestic/personal aspects of the stories remind me of a (I am ashamed to say) BBC TV series called Howard's Way.  It was about a company that built  boats in the solent

my sailing brothers and I used to watch it in the hope of the odd glimpse of a boat

but the soap opera and dresses became more important as the boats faded into the background

the series had some truly terrible acting and some of the ropiest special effects storm scenes ever seen on TV

but the weekly episode format works for building an audience.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 7:56 AM, dylan winter said:

Excellent - I shall put that on my website

"you sail in a cunt of a place"

I love this forum for the epic thread drift and the way that language is thrown at the threads from all over the world

I agree, the water is seldom  warm, sometimes it is not clear, it rains occasionally

but....

the scenery is great, no men with guns, no paperwork, I can leave my boat unlocked and my bike against a wall outside a shop, hardly any inseccts, nothing in or above the water that can kill you or eat you.

I often sail wearing six layers of clothes.....

 

 

 

My missus grew up in Sydney, with a certain amount of sailing. When we got together in London I nervously showed her my creeklands, the Thames Estuary and its offshoots. For our first day time date I took her for along the ballast wharfs on the Greenwich peninsula. (I'm a great one for putting your worst foot forward).

I took her to "my" cunt of a river in Essex, and she loved it, the quiet, the maritime culture, its modesty. Then she took me to Sydney and I thought "you were just being kind", once I'd seen Sydney Harbour and the Hawkesbury. She even says that she finds the sailing more interesting, how the pilotage and tides are more of a challenge. She's even stopped accusing me of conspiring against her when we have to start at an unsocial hour to make a tide. 

We now live in an old wooden house overlooking the cuntriver, with our boat on a mooring outside. She is happy there. I am lucky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

the soap opera nature of many of these video blogs with weekly updates concerning the domestic/personal aspects of the stories remind me of a (I am ashamed to say) BBC TV series called Howard's Way.  It was about a company that built  boats in the solent

my sailing brothers and I used to watch it in the hope of the odd glimpse of a boat

but the soap opera and dresses became more important as the boats faded into the background

the series had some truly terrible acting and some of the ropiest special effects storm scenes ever seen on TV

but the weekly episode format works for building an audience.

 

 

That's a blast from the past Dylan. The opening soundtrack was quite catchy for a BBC production..unfortunately I think Neighbours kicked it off the park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Stockholm syndrome. 

very good. Mind, having seen the entrances to Moreton Bay, there's nothing too difficult about our pilotage.

And there's no dugongs threatening us. They can break a man's arm with one blow of their wing, dugongs can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

4th July is plenty doable.

That is, 4th July 2019.  If she works hard.

The job will of course be made much easier by having her 8yo daughter living on board the hulk while she guts it.

</sarcasm>

Id say July 4th this year is doable as she just needs to ask the internet for help and all the wallet warriors who are trying to win her love with tips will either show up as free labour or pay for someone to fix it for her. She will only have to wear a small bikini and add a few more nip slips

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of blasts from the past... I was browsing in Powell's yesterday (worlds largest used book store) and noticed that in Chapter 1 of Beth Leonard's Voyager's Handbook there is a big sidebar about the family that circumnavigated Delos before Brian and crew.  Interesting how these boats have more than one story.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, random said:

Howard's Way was fucking awesome.

It sure was. The is a spring 25 moored right in the front of our marina and it reminds me of the show each day. 

The office that I worked in in Hamble had been used as the set for the sail makers in the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, A horse, of course said:

very good. Mind, having seen the entrances to Moreton Bay, there's nothing too difficult about our pilotage.

And there's no dugongs threatening us. They can break a man's arm with one blow of their wing, dugongs can. 

Depends which end of Moreton you come in on...just follow all the big ships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happie Jack said:

The amusing thing is that is why, sentimental bloke that you are, today is today and "when only the best will do" a hidden coolabong at a party of distant summer wines past.

Sadly I missed the golden era of the tobacco accounts. Those must have been the days. Selling piss is what we mostly did. Not Goon though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2017 at 8:25 AM, theadmiralty said:

This might be the beer talking but If I were La Vagabond I wouldn't have taken the Outremer cat....
Riley owned La Vagabond outright, but now they're both indebted to Outremer for 10/15 years.  Unless I'm missing something that sounds like a bad deal. 
And let's be honest, for a million dollar cat, the interior looks shite - iKea catalogue stuff. Have Outremer scrimped on it..
Despite being many times cheaper, their old Cyclades had a nice warmth and quality about it.

I love Riley and Elayna and will continue watching the videos and supporting them, but I wish they where back on the old Cyclades or another monohull. 

I stopped watching the instant they left the monohull.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, savoir said:

They are presently somewhere in Queensland on a chartered mono.

Do you mean 'tash and Brows or nice puppies?

Link to post
Share on other sites