Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

16 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I am repeatedly baffled by the intersction between the two sets of

1. men who enjoy, or at least tolerate, movies with guns and knives and blood and killing
  2. men who recoil from any imagery of childbirth

Anybody wanna try to explain how that works?

My "nope" seems to have kicked over a can of worms.  I avoid Sailing Doodles, because it panders girls in bikinis for clicks.  I'm certainly not going to watch a channel that panders childbirth for clicks.  The first is kindof douchey, the second takes it to a whole new level.

What I can't understand is what an aversion to skeevy clickbait has to do with violence. 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

I have watched these last few posts with interest I agree that I should put more effort in...... I also a agree that film making has changed. In one vid I made there was a 45 second shot....

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Corryvreckan said:

What I can't understand is what an aversion to skeevy clickbait has to do with violence. 

The first sentence of my post above explains it.

12 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

I cracked on the gal in the childbirth video because 1) it was just another plain attempt to up the ante at clickbait. And 2) is that really a good position to deliver a baby? Or just the latest New Age gimmick

Quick answer: just about any position for childbirth is better than the lying supine on yer back thing.  Here's a good intro: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-birthing-positions/

The supine position was enforced by the "male midwives" who started to take over childbirth in Ireland in the late 18th century, with utterly horrific death rates.

Sadly, their ideas spread, and many of the really bad ideas in childbirth ever since have been developed in Ireland and exported.  The most recent is "Active Management of Labour", a barbaric practice exported since the 1960s. :( 

30 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Quick answer: just about any position for childbirth the woman prefers is better than the lying supine on yer back thing.  Here's a good intro: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-birthing-positions/

FIFY. Obviously using gravity to advantage helps too. The supine position is only mandatory for C-section surgery, for obvious reasons.

Erik's thumbnail is impressive and sure to draw viewers in.

I've seen enough of him eating shitty, uncooked food out of a tin and bragging about discomfort.  I'm glad he's out there though. He certainly sails in challenging conditions in a challenging part of the world.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

NBJS

No Bimbos Bikinis Babies Birthing or Bearhunts 

A little Bullshit but fun to watch

I like Erik Aanderaa for the way that he has fused the sailing genre with the presentational style of the low-budget television disaster documentary: doom-laden voice, and a narrative always portending Grave Danger.

It's kinda corny, but entertaining.

However, that Greenland-part-3 video is weird.  Did he really screw up his navigation so badly that he was unaware that he was motoring into a savage tide race?   Or did he decide to give it a go, only find that it was way more wild than he had expected?

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

The supine position is only mandatory for C-section surgery, for obvious reasons.

I wish that was so.  For the last 200 years, supine delivery was compulsory in most hospitals in western nations.

That has begun to change in the last few decades after campaigning my many women, often against vicious opposition.

32 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I like Erik Aanderaa for the way that he has fused the sailing genre with the presentational style of the low-budget television disaster documentary: doom-laden voice, and a narrative always portending Grave Danger.

However, that Greenland-part-3 video is weird.  Did he really screw up his navigation so badly that he was unaware that he was motoring into a savage tide race?   Or did he decide to give it a go, only find that it was way more wild than he had expected?

I wondered the same but my bet is he did just screw it up. Lack of sleep, he was sick at the time and a ton more electronics on his boat now.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

He's got a definite style, but he's legitimate.  It's a normal guy in a normal boat going to amazing, really challenging places, for the joy of it.  No fake drama, no boob shaking boat repairs. People got upset when he was sponsored and made a video about it.  How much free crap does the Delos golden horde get thrown at them?  

9 minutes ago, low bum said:

He's got a definite style, but he's legitimate.  It's a normal guy in a normal boat going to amazing, really challenging places, for the joy of it.  No fake drama, no boob shaking boat repairs. People got upset when he was sponsored and made a video about it.  How much free crap does the Delos golden horde get thrown at them?  

I suppose it’s kinda like The Clash signing a big record deal. They had real punk rock street cred.  Then they started writing more pop-like songs (“Rock the Casbah”), were discovered, got rich, and older fans were, like, “WTF?!”

14 minutes ago, low bum said:

His "normal boat" is interesting... not an obvious choice for shorthanded sailing, I think: huge genoa, lots of winches... he talks about the main being difficult to reef, the need to work at the mast and choosing not to clip on because of the difficulties getting around the boat... clearly seaworthy but not easy to manage on his own. 

More credit to him for just getting on with it,  rather than delaying until he can get the "right boat in the right condition with all the right gear"...

Happy to be corrected,  if I'm misreading this. 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Then they started writing more pop-like songs (“Rock the Casbah”), were discovered, got rich, and older fans were, like, “WTF?!”

Maybe Rock The Casbah charted highest because it was their best. :)  Damn that was a good party song!

Erik may be about to bring us his best. He's done some beautifully shot stuff (although cold and alone is not my cup of tea).

18 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Maybe Rock The Casbah charted highest because it was their best. :)  Damn that was a good party song!

Erik may be about to bring us his best. He's done some beautifully shot stuff (although cold and alone is not my cup of tea).

Long, long before “Casbah” pop, they had something to say...

Yankee soldier He wanna shoot some skag  /He met it in cambodia / But now he cant afford a bag /

Yankee dollar talk / To the dictators of the world /In fact its giving orders /An they cant afford to miss a word

Im so bored with the u...s...a... But what can I do?

Yankee detectives / Are always on the tv cos killers in america /Work seven days a week / Never mind the stars and stripes / Lets print the watergate tapes / I’ll salute the new wave / And I hope nobody escapes

Im so bored with the u...s...a...

But what can I do? / Move up starsky / For the c.i.a. / Suck on kojak / For the usa

1 hour ago, Israel Hands said:

London Calling. Spectacular album.

Erik has learned a lot. He used to be kind of a hard-on sailing in horrible weather but now his photography, especially his drone photography, and editing are topnotch. He is enthusiastic and positive and I am a fan. I am kind of tired of the genre overall but look forward to his videos.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, AnIdiot said:

His "normal boat" is interesting... not an obvious choice for shorthanded sailing, I think: huge genoa, lots of winches... he talks about the main being difficult to reef, the need to work at the mast and choosing not to clip on because of the difficulties getting around the boat... clearly seaworthy but not easy to manage on his own. 

More credit to him for just getting on with it,  rather than delaying until he can get the "right boat in the right condition with all the right gear"...

Happy to be corrected,  if I'm misreading this. 

Before I got my actual boat, I was specifically looking for a Contessa 35. That's how I learned of Erik's channel, in fact. Even now it's not easy to get your hands on a 35. Even complete ruins don't seem to stay long on the market. Love this design. I have a thing for Contessas in general, no matter the designer. They are superb boats in many aspects, apparently all sea worthy.

• Like 1

Offset companionway warning.  Do not watch if easily offended by them.  Please do not turn this into a yacht seaworthiness shitfight about companionways.  If you’re that concerned, please see important safety guidelines here :-) .

NBJBIOC (No Bullshit Just Bikinis In Offset Companionways - a new genre :-) )

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Offset companionway warning.  Do not watch if easily offended by them.  Please do not turn this into a yacht seaworthiness shitfight about companionways.  If you’re that concerned, please see important safety guidelines here :-) .

NBJBIOC (No Bullshit Just Bikinis In Offset Companionways - a new genre :-) )

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1974-hudson-force-50-8017884/

13 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

I’m in.  Logged in to PayPal already, just waiting to push “Pay Now” button. (Wonder why they’re selling - anything to do with the boat?) 

Having sailed around/across part of the Sea of Cortez years ago on a friend’s 24 footer (four of us onboard!), an escape from the hellhole of winter in New York City, catching tuna, drinking rum (and once even getting some nice cockpit vibes from his lady-friend who came along - not his girlfriend!— one evening on a passage across the Sea), I’m ready to do it in a 50’er next time.  Even with a catastrophically dangerous OC (I can’t even bring myself to say those two words).

22 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I’m in.  Logged in to PayPal already, just waiting to push “Pay Now” button. (Wonder why they’re selling - anything to do with the boat?) 

Having sailed around/across part of the Sea of Cortez years ago on a friend’s 24 footer (four of us onboard!), an escape from the hellhole of winter in New York City, catching tuna, drinking rum (and once even getting some nice cockpit vibes from his lady-friend who came along - not his girlfriend!— one evening on a passage across the Sea), I’m ready to do it in a 50’er next time.  Even with a catastrophically dangerous OC (I can’t even bring myself to say those two words).

Yeah I was curious about it, it looked like a Formosa, so I looked it up on their website and it was built by the same guy on the same plan as a Formosa 51. It looks like they are buying a bigger boat, but I didn’t read it closely. It would not be the boat for me but I really like the look of those boats.

There is always a bigger boat. This is why I should never look at YachtWorld. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, leuk said:

Before I got my actual boat, I was specifically looking for a Contessa 35. That's how I learned of Erik's channel, in fact. Even now it's not easy to get your hands on a 35. Even complete ruins don't seem to stay long on the market. Love this design. I have a thing for Contessas in general, no matter the designer. They are superb boats in many aspects, apparently all sea worthy.

They're unobtainable now, I'm told.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Erik has learned a lot. He used to be kind of a hard-on sailing in horrible weather but now his photography, especially his drone photography, and editing are topnotch. He is enthusiastic and positive and I am a fan. I am kind of tired of the genre overall but look forward to his videos.

I think all rough weather sailing in the North Sea looks the same, and he had to branch out into more of a travelogue, with the gorgeous drone footage you see now.  Even if you're in to the sailing, the sailing gets repetitive.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Train in Vain was another radio-friendly song off London Calling. Clash had range. And Guy Stevens was a hell of a producer, while he lasted.:( It's not selling out if the finished product is excellent. Some people hated Bowie for Let's Dance (including, sometimes, Bowie himself). He dipped his toe into dance pop, did it better than anyone else for a record or two, got Iggy paid, then went back to more interesting projects.

Heh. I remember all the indie fans slagging AC Newman for letting VW  (and University of Phoenix, blech) use the coda from The Bleeding Heart Show in one of their ads. He was like: Song existed before the ad. Song hasn't changed, still a great tune. And we made more money off twelve seconds of car advertising than all our album sales put together.

• Like 1

No music.

No influencing.

No unnecessary commentary (just some very minor subtitles).

No Patreon account.

No 'follow me on Instagram and give a like'

Just sailing as it is. The sounds, the small hours, the nights, the inexplicable mixture of exhaustion and happiness that only the sea can give you. The waiting. The boat. The wind. The family. 

It's one of the best sailing videos there is, in my view.

• Like 11
26 minutes ago, Matagi said:

No music.

No influencing.

No Patreon account.

Just sailing as it is. The sounds, the small hours, the nights, the inexplicable mixture of exhaustion and happiness that only he sea can give you. The waiting. The boat. The wind. The family. 

I watched it! Fantastic, soothing, sailing, lovely family, Sparkman and Stevens, it's all there. Thanks. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Elegua said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I put on the LOndon cAlling album for the drive - first time in a long time - and smiled all the way home  .. 

Reminded me that though I’m a communist in the streets, I’m an anarchist with the sheets ;-)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Diarmuid said:

Heh. I remember all the indie fans slagging AC Newman for letting VW  (and University of Phoenix, blech) use the coda from The Bleeding Heart Show in one of their ads. He was like: Song existed before the ad. Song hasn't changed, still a great tune. And we made more money off twelve seconds of car advertising than all our album sales put together.

I reckon that Chumbawamba set the gold standard in taking ad money: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/jan/27/davidrowan.theobserver

54 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I reckon that Chumbawamba set the gold standard in taking ad money: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/jan/27/davidrowan.theobserver

"I get knocked down, but I get up again...."    I remember when that covered the airwaves.....

oops, wrong song....    

• Like 1
2 hours ago, robtoujours said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I put on the LOndon cAlling album for the drive - first time in a long time - and smiled all the way home  .. 

Reminded me that though I’m a communist in the streets, I’m an anarchist with the sheets ;-)

Old things found again are great. A good cover of another great band....

• Like 1
On 11/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, loneshark64 said:

Yes, “London Calling” was a fantastic (double) album (which took a very long time, unsurprisingly, to be recognized as a masterpiece by the stodgy music establishment).  But the song “I’m so bored with the USA” was off their first album (entitled, “The Clash”)  Less melodic, and harder edged and political/punk than the later “London Calling”.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Yes, “London Calling” was a fantastic (double) album (which took a very long time, unsurprisingly, to be recognized as a masterpiece by the stodgy music establishment).  But the song “I’m so bored with the USA” was off their first album (entitled, “The Clash”)  Less melodic, and harder edged and political/punk than the later “London Calling”.

Fully understand and agree. I was just reacting to the notion that rock the casbah was their best. That was a damn good song. But London Calling was one of the all time great rock albums. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

"I get knocked down, but I get up again...."    I remember when that covered the airwaves.....   

When I was in hospital recovering from being hit by a car that ran off the road, I was given this CD by a friend of mine, he also gave me the album by the Crash Test Dummies.  It made me laugh.

20 hours ago, Matagi said:

No music.

No influencing.

No Patreon account.

Just sailing as it is. The sounds, the small hours, the nights, the inexplicable mixture of exhaustion and happiness that only the sea can give you. The waiting. The boat. The wind. The family. 

That is great, thanks.  And they have 135 subscribers.  If you're not doing boat repair or wearing a bikini no one really cares.  

• Like 5

Nice video, nice boat, lovely varnished tiller. Once again a good camera body and a fast lens makes all the difference visually. They overdo the vignetting though.

It’s a German channel, with a dull sounding name, off to Bornholm? Lovely relaxing video…

Dozed off for a while after watching it and had a fever dream. In my dream, I opened my mailbox and found an odd smelling letter addressed to me. It was from my old anarchist sailing collective! Went something like this:

Achtung Genossen! Plenum!

Wir müssen jetzt über Sexismus in der Seglerszene reden! Einige von uns - sowohl frisch als auch altgebacken Segeler*innen - bezeichnen einige YouTube Trends als hochproblemstisch, und zwar… 

… (1500 words later) …

…wir haben folgendes TOPs gesammelt, fangen wir nach der Emorunde an..

TOPs

- „Show us your girlfriends tits“ oder Frauenbewegung? Der Patriarchat muss weg! 

- Technik - Soliparty für Kameras und Macbooks - Orgarunde

- Lehrstunde - Knoten lernen

- Go vegan - Hanf als Alternativ für Schoten und Fälle - Weed Legalisieren!!

- Selbstkritik: Sind wir „woke“ genug, um Likes zu bekommen?? 

The date for this plenary? Today in 5 minutes!! 

I pulled on my black hoodie, ran to the meeting place, where the topics were already being discussed! After giving my preferred pronouns I reflected on my privileges, shut the hell up, and listened.

Various middle class white Germans spoke about the challenges of being outsiders in a traditionalist „sailing scene“ and what we should do to change it - or else. There was a disagreement about some anchoring terminology but it all ended with a drunken argument in the bar where we smoked cigarettes and sang the „Internationale“.

And then I woke up. It was all a dream! What a relief! 

Some anarchist commune of sailors could never exist even in Germany.. right? Right??

(OK, These guys are pretty cool if you can translate; I jest in peace - mostly..)

• Like 2

That was truly weird. Kids, angel dust and a stolen sailboat won’t get you into Harvard. Just say no.

And were the cops on the police boat really saying surrender or we’ll release the police dog? Were they going to like throw a dog in the water and make it somehow climb up onto the sailboat and get the guy?? 

• Like 1

Here's something different. Winner of the Most Profane Boat Thief award. Or maybe it was crack (hopefully not a mental patient).

As a Harvard grad, I dont claim him....

2 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Here's something different. Winner of the Most Profane Boat Thief award. Or maybe it was crack (hopefully not a mental patient).

The boat thief had some sort of a screw loose.  His whole course of action wasn't going to lead him anywhere good.

But those cops were a disgrace.  An unwell person needed to be talked down, but those cops just barged straight in with threats of violence.  Scumbags :( 

1 hour ago, loneshark64 said:

That was truly weird. Kids, angel dust and a stolen sailboat won’t get you into Harvard. Just say no.

And were the cops on the police boat really saying surrender or we’ll release the police dog? Were they going to like throw a dog in the water and make it somehow climb up onto the sailboat and get the guy?? 

Probably just heave it on board and let it gnaw on him for a while.

Geeze, the guy who stole my boat had his shit together way better than that... at least he got 300 nm...  I don't know that he had any Harvard scholarship 'tho...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Kids, angel dust and a stolen sailboat won’t get you into Harvard

Clearly you did not attend my high school.:lol:

3 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

Were they going to like throw a dog in the water and make it somehow climb up onto the sailboat and get the guy??

"Laugh away, asshole. This here is a Portugese Water Dog. Vicious and hypoallergenic!"

Really, don't they have any delinquent orcas they can stop and frisk?

"You're only doing this cuz I'm Black."

"Half black. Fins against the hull, buddy."

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

Clearly you did not attend my high school.:lol:

"Laugh away, asshole. This here is a Portugese Water Dog. Vicious and hypoallergenic!"

Really, don't they have any delinquent orcas they can stop and frisk?

"You're only doing this cuz I'm Black."

"Half black. Fins against the hull, buddy."

The cops would have no excuse to shoot them, though. They might be half black, but everyone knows they're unarmed.

FKT

• Like 2
On 11/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, TwoLegged said:

I am repeatedly baffled by the intersction between the two sets of

1. men who enjoy, or at least tolerate, movies with guns and knives and blood and killing
  2. men who recoil from any imagery of childbirth

Anybody wanna try to explain how that works?

Movie violence is, mostly, fantasy violence that doesn't capture the horror, reality, uncertainty, messiness, and permanence of the outcome.  It is violence romanticized as mere expression of power, confidence, and control.

Perhaps imagery of childbirth would be appealing to a broader audience if it were staged and edited the same way movie violence is.  You know, with someone to touch up hair and makeup periodically and someone else to mop up any fluids that might offend anyone's sensibilities.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, 2airishuman said:

Perhaps imagery of childbirth would be appealing to a broader audience if it were staged and edited the same way movie violence is.  You know, with someone to touch up hair and makeup periodically and someone else to mop up any fluids that might offend anyone's sensibilities.

This is already done. Women giving birth on TV are often immaculately coiffed, if slightly sweaty and no fluids are visible.  Possible exception to the rule:

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Ajax said:

This is already done. Women giving birth on TV are often immaculately coiffed, if slightly sweaty and no fluids are visible.  Possible exception to the rule:

Nobody has yet done drone footage of well coifed and made up childbirth on a wood fired full keel vessel in Patagonia. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Nobody has yet done drone footage of well coifed and made up childbirth on a wood fired full keel vessel in Patagonia. 

You sure about that? If you can think of it, there's porn of it.

32 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

but when it happens, and it will, what image will they use as click bait and will you fall for it?

For those of you who insist that you are above watching videos of girls in hot places, here you go. Apologies if this has been previously posted, but it was the first time I'd seen it. All I could ask is "Why?"  If you were young, with all those resources, why would you forego sunny climes and female company in order to endure extreme hardship, fear, freakin' cold fingers and possible death?  I just don't get it...

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

"Massive STORM Off Cape Horn and Julie ALMOST DIES!!! (with babby)"

Does YouTube automatically capitalize portions of these titles or is it something that content creators are trained to do to increase clicks?

Over time I've grown to find it offensive and off-putting.

37 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Over time I've grown to find it offensive and off-putting.

I know I am old now because I find most things people do on the internet offensive and off putting.

For those of you who insist that you are above watching videos of girls in hot places, here you go. Apologies if this has been previously posted, but it was the first time I'd seen it. All I could ask is "Why?"  If you were young, with all those resources, why would you forego sunny climes and female company in order to endure extreme hardship, fear, freakin' cold fingers and possible death?  I just don't get it...

Wow. I had not seen that. I wish my French was better. I love these old videos and pre gps cold weather sailing adventures. I would have loved that. I am re-reading “Mischief Among the Penguins” at present. I would have loved every damn minute of the sailing part; there really are no more adventures like that left in the world.

But the part about Arctic mountain climbing and camping on glaciers in a tent? No. I would die. I would beg to die.

I’ve done cold weather camping and ice fishing (in Minnesota with brother in law, absolute nightmare) and x country skiing and never felt so cold. For whatever reason I rarely feel that deep cold on a boat.

Serious mountain climbers are just a completely different breed of super human. I do not understand the appeal of mountaineering.

19 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Serious mountain climbers are just a completely different breed of super human. I do not understand the appeal of mountaineering.

Actually, if it is a non-technical snow slog or glacier climb, with relatively low risk of rock/icefall, I'm in. You see things most people never get to see, and you usually sleep warm. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Is that KIM?  They wrote a fine book about their Antarctic winter over.  1983.  That film seems to be of that era.

439E02D3-54A4-4344-A065-6E44F12445C1.jpeg

On 11/16/2021 at 9:22 PM, IStream said:

I stopped watching when Patrick died but prior to that she doesn't strike me as narcissistic at all. She seems like a genuinely nice person. I think the channel was more Patrick's baby and she participated when he asked her to contribute content. Patrick was lucky to have found her.

Yes, defiantly Patrick was the star, she was very coy at the start with the camera, they made a good long-distance team.
Shocked and disappointed when he died. Was really looking forward to following them to Patagonia, they would have been interesting down there, away from all this milk-run-crap that most of them are doing now.

• Like 1
On 11/16/2021 at 10:59 AM, Israel Hands said:

It looks like a boat for party animals

Jerry Falwell Jr. Is Stepping Back From Liberty University After A Photo Of  Him With His Pants Unzipped

That’s true end of the Roman Empire bacchanalian type stuff.  Is that term I’m looking for?  When one of the godly figures in the realm who is closest to the king/emperor reveals that he’s actually just a hypocritical party animal slut, not godly at all, and lets it all hang out for the world to see.  Great pic.  (Reminds of the story of the head of, what was it, Focus on the Family or some such awful Evangelical group, who got caught getting a blowjob from his meth dealer dude/boy toy in a men’s bathroom stall or something?  Can’t recall the details, thankfully :-) )

• Like 1

This may be the wackiest "sailing couple" on YT. They are up to Episode 3 (Ep.2 was titled Never Buy A Boat Before Seeing It In Person, and we saw the crystals-hippie-hoe-down in Ep.1). Now they are driving cross country to look at Pretorian 35s. 

This may be the wackiest "sailing couple" on YT. They are up to Episode 3 (Ep.2 was titled Never Buy A Boat Before Seeing It In Person, and we saw the crystals-hippie-hoe-down in Ep.1). Now they are driving cross country to look at Pretorian 35s. 

How can you type “crystals-hippie-hoe-down” and not post a link to it?  That’s just cruel.

2 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

That’s true end of the Roman Empire bacchanalian type stuff.  Is that term I’m looking for?  When one of the godly figures in the realm who is closest to the king/emperor reveals that he’s actually just a hypocritical party animal slut, not godly at all, and lets it all hang out for the world to see.  Great pic.  (Reminds of the story of the head of, what was it, Focus on the Family or some such awful Evangelical group, who got caught getting a blowjob from his meth dealer dude/boy toy in a men’s bathroom stall or something?  Can’t recall the details, thankfully :-) )

It was just a massage, said Pastor Haggard. Well, a massage and some meth. But he threw away the meth. That he bought. From a gay prostitute. HE WAS IN DENVER TO GET SOME WRITING DONE, GODDAMMIT!!

1 hour ago, Diarmuid said:

It was just a massage, said Pastor Haggard. Well, a massage and some meth. But he threw away the meth. That he bought. From a gay prostitute. HE WAS IN DENVER TO GET SOME WRITING DONE, GODDAMMIT!!

Pastor Haggard [tears in his eyes, sobbing heavily, recalling his confusing time in the bathroom stall] to God/the gods:  “I have sinned!!”

God/the gods:  “You’re fucking right you did, you prick!”