Jump to content

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

I have watched these last few posts with interest I agree that I should put more effort in...... I also a agree that film making has changed. In one vid I made there was a 45 second shot....

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jaramaz said:

Maybe so. For you. Would be the same for me.

But then, if you pay someone for something you like them to do, then they will do more of it. Maybe also strive to do it better. Others may chime in. That is also OK for those who want it, both sides. 

So I would be happy to contribute to Dylans escapades. Even if I haven't done so yet - pure laziness from my side. 

Myself I cannot be bothered with the La Vage and all the others. Not my cup of tea, simply. 

//J

I have enjoyed Dylan's escapades for years and contributed only a little advice.

I don't want to discourage him or anyone else from doing this kind of thing, asking for tips, paying others, almost showing boobs, or any of it.

I'd just feel weird asking for money for any of mine. "Look! I'm playing! Pay me!" Maybe if I had boobs.

If you just go by number of  video views, I think the most interesting thing I posted on youtube was removing a trailer wheel bearing. And it's a bad video from which one could learn little.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There lies the reality. We have jobs and businesses that we WORK in/at to pay for our sailing. These vloggers are no different from the unwashed homeless guy playing his guitar in the subway for people to throw him a few coins. They are simply begging for money so they don't have to work. But then they start making how work videos..

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only sailing videos I've paid for have been Dylans, because to me there is value in them - and that is how the system should work.  If you find value in LaVag, "donate" to them - essentially pay them for the entertainment.  Just as finding a really good street performer is a joy, and worth contributing to the continuation of the performance.

I've made a bit of coin writing how-to articles for a boating magazine, does it cheapen my sailing?  I'm getting paid to take some pictures of something that I'm doing anyway.  Same diff...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

There lies the reality. We have jobs and businesses that we WORK in/at to pay for our sailing. These vloggers are no different from the unwashed homeless guy playing his guitar in the subway for people to throw him a few coins. They are simply begging for money so they don't have to work. But then they start making how work videos..

True for a lot of them LB but not so for some like the Vagamites and Delos. This online stuff is a serious business and in Vags case if they fail they are still on the hook for a million dollar boat.

Vag's following as leader of this genre is a fraction of the money been made by some mainstream online "influencers" currently out there. I suspect they know that and will be tweaking their format to close the gap. We have already seen them up the production quality. Don't be surprised if they start wearing and saying weird shit (yeah I know) as they start subtly promoting various products, some which have absolutely nothing to do with sailing. Brow probably has a jewellery line in the pipeline ready for Xmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was issued about an hour ago. A video shot out the window of this plane as it went through the hurricanes eye I would pay for. Check out the pressure... 909mb..fuck. US and BVI's will be just dirt after this second hit.

Reports just received from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft indicate that the maximum sustained winds have increased to 175 mph (280 km/h). The estimated minimum pressure based on
data from the aircraft is 909 mb (26.84).
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sculpin said:

The only sailing videos I've paid for have been Dylans, because to me there is value in them - and that is how the system should work.  If you find value in LaVag, "donate" to them - essentially pay them for the entertainment.  Just as finding a really good street performer is a joy, and worth contributing to the continuation of the performance.

I've made a bit of coin writing how-to articles for a boating magazine, does it cheapen my sailing?  I'm getting paid to take some pictures of something that I'm doing anyway.  Same diff...

No the difference is you probobly know what you are talking about. Unless the magazine you write for is called 'afloat' or 'coastal passage maker' these are two free mags here that publish any shit that people send them, but they don't pay anyone. Cruisers you meet along the Queensland coast love to claim they 'write for a few sailing magazines'. 

Bwhahahaha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

There lies the reality. We have jobs and businesses that we WORK in/at to pay for our sailing. These vloggers are no different from the unwashed homeless guy playing his guitar in the subway for people to throw him a few coins. They are simply begging for money so they don't have to work. But then they start making how work videos..

I think that for some of  the vloggers that is true..... but almost certainly never true of anyone who gets a decent number of  hits.

make shit films...  you will  be guaranteed to earn shit money.

Youtube pays $1 per thousand views... so the youtbe money, the money from knockers viewing knockers , iis tiny commpared to those who chip  for  patreon, buy the merch or increasingly those who  pay for enbedded advertising such as  prooduct placement.

My guess is that each La Vag films at 20 minutes (now twice a week) takes at least three days of editing..... To make those films they probably have $10,000 worth of cameras plus some top spec laptops , a lot of data storage and their bandwidth costs must be humongous . The life expectancy of  hard used cameras on boats is around a year to 18  months.. I assume that the La vag camera man/editor earns good money from the project. Any operation turning over  $10,000 a week is serious stuff.

the costs are massive - just parking a cat the size of a tennis court plus the costs  of running the boat,  feeding people,  insurance, paperwork etc etc.

Delos and La vag are working their buts off in the hull of  a  hot  boat while those around them in the anchorage are just swimming and drinking. .  The La vag people arrived in port in one of their vids,  wanted to  go  for  a swim  but said that they were  going  to spend  the morning working - presumably editing, dealing with comments,  uploading etc  etc.

I was selling DVDs and more than covering my costs (for a 22 footer sailing within driving distance of home). I reckon running the boat in scotland 500  miiles from home, and replacing the cameras was costing me around £6,000 a year. The 1,200 or so DVD sales a year was more than covering those costs. Then the DVD sales stopped and I was down to  the buskers cup. 

Then in January I finally ran out of  money for  the project, sold the boat and stopped filming.  Now I am like  Tom and post crud about my local river.

Tom has offered me some "robust" advice on my efforts....even left some of  his "robust" advice on my website.... which I removed.

bad comments about the vloggers and how  they hate the films and the genre is rife. People love to criticise them - even for the way they keep  their sheets and ropes.

. However, here are some awful  truths for you chaps.  The only people  the patreon vloggers care about  are those who chip  in.  All the other stuff is just noise that they have to edit out of  the comments left on youtube - as they do,.. as do  I.. . 

it always amazes me that people are so engaged with the material that they write about how crap it  is yet when the image of  the pretty girl on the foredeck comes up  they still click on it. As many say they have never watched a whole la vag episode.  I don't  think I have either.  They don't care about us - they care about are those who tap in, buy the merch etc etc. They give not a  flying fig for the moaners.

This autumn I will be posting the remaining ten films from KTL. Each will  be around 45 minutes long, will have a  proper  narrative, a good voice over, a bit of brain food, some excellent well  filmed scenery. Each film will take  me about two  weeks of hard graft at the computer to  make. Tom et al place no value on that work at all. When they watch the films all they see is  some-one sailing in a place they would rather like  to go yet never will ... that pisses them off so they attack.

I expect that each of  the last ten films will  get  around 12,000 views in its first year.  About three per cent of  the people who  wqtch the films to  the end will be fairly regular tappers.... the rest will never tap  in.

Nothing wrong with that...  this is  the web.

There have been a few comments on this thread along the lines of "I don't watch la Vag because it is crap.  I watch Dylan,s films right to the end.... but do  not pay for those either." Well chaps.... La Vag goes from strength to  strength because they are offering what the market is  prepared to  pay for while KTL is on its last ten films.

In this world you get get you you pay  for -  even if it offered to you free at the point of delivery

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ Good synopsis there Dylan. Many people don't appreciate the work/expense that goes into doing what some of these floggers and you do. It ain't recreation with a bit of GoPro..it is a fuckin serious business and with associated costs. How that "job to do" process spoils their enjoyment is not appreciated.  

PS. Dylan if you put tits in your great stuff or tell us you are going to buy a cat then get prepared for the wrath of Zeus....I will be depressed if you don't include that lighthouse tip I sent you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Tom has offered me some "robust" advice on my efforts....even left some of  his "robust" advice on my website.... which I removed.

I did? Not denying, just don't recall commenting on your site at all.

But if I said something you felt compelled to remove I apologize.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Tom et al place no value on that work at all. When they watch the films all they see is  some-one sailing in a place they would rather like  to go yet never will ... that pisses them off so they attack.

I really don't recall ever attacking you. For the record, you've never sailed anywhere I want to be. I like air and water to be above 80 degrees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^ Good synopsis there Dylan. Many people don't appreciate the work/expense that goes into doing what some of these floggers and you do. It ain't recreation with a bit of GoPro..it is a fuckin serious business and with associated costs. How that "job to do" process spoils their enjoyment is not appreciated.  

PS. Dylan if you put tits in your great stuff or tell us you are going to buy a cat then get prepared for the wrath of Zeus....I will be depressed if you don't include that lighthouse tip I sent you.

strangely enough I am rather attracted to one of these

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hirondelle+catamaran&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQu9a1w7PWAhWF1hoKHeKOA_EQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=766

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Oh Dylan...a  cat...are you really ready for this?

IMG_0799.JPG.c6d1270e8a39538e5d2ed877a8f1e47d.JPG

Ouch, I see, wifey parked the car? Apparently it fits too and easier to get in...

About time to settle the cat vs mono argument once and for all: cats are superior because if they are totaled in a hurricane, you don't need to dive to salvage the beer from the fridge. Sometimes they even come to shore...

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, random said:

Not at all sure that still holds.

It could be argued that you are begging people to give you money, just for a different offering.  After looking at the reactions these 'vloggers' have to public reaction to what they do, it would clearly be living-hell to rely on the responses from any lunatic on the planet, to their latest offering.  It would be like tying your income to responses on PA.

As it is here now, we can just laugh.  But they don't think the flaming, or lack of viewing they sometimes get to their product is very funni.  Fuck that for a living.

i think hell just froze over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The power of the internet....this chick and her surfer boyfriend at the time started posting couples pictures on Instagram.

She now has 10 million followers.

She could quickly turbo charge ones flagging sailing channel and leave the Vagamites wallowing in your wake.

Holy mother of god.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theadmiralty said:

Daniel Troyer (the La Vag cameraman) quit to go and buy his own sail boat in the USA.

Looks like a 27 foot something. 

I think that working under that pressure to produce that number of films, living in that small space with a couple of people whose egos and drive must be in high gear must have been extremely stressful. I have done some assignments that required spending a lot of time with the people I have been payed to film. But that was always ashore where I could go for a walk by myself at the beginning or end of the day.

 

Boats can be real pressure cookers - even those that are the size of tennis courts.

 

D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Hirondelles are great little boats, totally in keeping with KTL's budget and aesthetic and cruising grounds.  Just do it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not content with going hurricane chasing and losing their boat at St Martin courtesy of Irma and then getting airlifted to Puerto Rico while starting a GoFundUs for another boat shit... the chick split but the two guys decided to hang around in PR and see what Maria would dish out sitting on another boat....some people just don't fucking get it...they make TashNBrow look like rocket scientists.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And if you think idiots are thin on the ground...think again. This guy thought it a far better idea to pay someone $100 in  Puerto Rico to take the sails off his boat  in advance of Hurricane Maria while he jetted off to Thailand to get a hand job from a chick but with a dick & balls bigger than his.

Then again he is a genius compared to some idiotic sycophant who donated him $500 during this live feed he did enroute at the airport.

Where do all these fuckers come from??

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After consulting with Aurrette for months she has fuckin finally given me the thumbs up to this gal coming on board to help me launch my Utube sailing channel...Liz has agreed to a 90/10 split on Utube and 95/5 on Patreon income in her favour. Luckily I'm independently wealthy.

I reakon we will be rolling in dough.  We are leaving Vietnam and heading north once the Typhoon season eases and then up to North Korea first where Liz and I swim ashore and while she distracts them with her rocket launchers I will disarm Rocketman's Atomic arsenal and then we expect a fuckin Noble Peace Prize....along with mega millions of followers on social media who throw cash at us like no tomorrow.

Would like to see the Vagamites match that business plan....and Dylan move to the left lane...we are overtaking.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ random Aurrette thinks you may have some hidden same sex issues if you only made it to 75 seconds...or is that a normal time count for you??

Anyway she has been researching sailing vlogmiesters to check out our one-line opposition. This guy kept cropping up and had her some what perplexed. As an aside it may also interest you as it involves a man.

Seems he lives in a off-grid hut in Alaska and is looking to sell so he can buy a boat and go sailing. In the interim he is a regular in internet sail vlog land giving sailing/cruising lessons which are just weird.

Aurrette said unless this fat fuck raises the Titanic on the cheap.. what boat can he possibly fit on??

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sail ..or should I say Cliffy ..I just noticed your Avatar and pissed myself laughing. Love how you have taken ownership of the derision and Cliffy label (I think LB was the originator) you got on another thread when you were out of your depth...that's very funny. You are a good sport.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the last two vids in a series of 3 showing a presentation the Delos crew did in Fort Lauderdale before rejoining  the boat in Sth Africa to head to Brazil earlier in the year (a journey which is yet to hit the screen).

Worth a watch if your interested in how Delos produce their stuff, some interesting  stats, audience/Facebook questions etc. The audience cross section was interesting both young and old.

They probably have the largest delay between shoot and upload so it was interesting to hear that the reason was a combination of not wanting filming and producing to take over and spoil their cruising life and interfere with boat  maintenance etc and they only upload it when they are happy with the quality.

It would appear they are more interested in producing stuff that reflects their day to day reality and which they can look back on rather than manipulating an outcome to produce more views. Pretty refreshing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, random said:

There are only so many "come here and fuck me" over the shoulder looks one can stand, before it just looks trashy.

I'm at my limit 75 seconds into this one.

19 seconds but I could have tolerated it longer if I'd turned the sound off first.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Now just imagine if the Internet had been invented in Natalie Woods day..she would be still with us if not for adopting Tash & Brows no-tether policy.

images (78).jpg

She proved that not all wood floats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/09/2017 at 1:14 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Now just imagine if the Internet had been invented in Natalie Woods day..she would be still with us if not for adopting Tash & Brows no-tether policy.

images (78).jpg

 

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

She proved that not all wood floats.

Funny business on that boat off Catalina..no way she could have sunk with those cans...Furthermore this Beerhunter guy on board that night was accused by Nats hubby of pumping her up...so her just sinking is clearly not possible...she would have been like a weather balloon.

article-2065041-0EEADE0800000578-947_308x185.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^° I thought the Lonestar chick was in a rehab/brain-crash lock-down facility in California??...anyway seems as though she escaped with one of the guards. 

it seems as though sailing has cured her

 

it cures me of my concerns

 

as soon as you raise that sail,feel the power of the water flowing acrtoss the rudder and then look behind to see that miraculous wake dissipating across the endless oceans and your problems go with it.

 

I barely care about selling the Centaur

 

Dylan

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^^ Dylan I get that magic feeling everyday...even just rowing away from the boat and looking back ...then one day it got even better..I got divorced and found Aurrette who is nearly as good as me at fixing boat shit...which isn't surprising her being an electrical engineer and an ex-stripper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^^^ Dylan I get that magic feeling everyday...even just rowing away from the boat and looking back ...then one day it got even better..I got divorced and found Aurrette who is nearly as good as me at fixing boat shit...which isn't surprising her being an electrical engineer and an ex-stripper.

Did her father own a pub as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 10:28 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Well you will love this one. This chick was clearly dropped at birth..and not once ...but she has 160k followers. Warning you will throw up after 20 seconds.

 

My gag reflex kicked in at 23 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 11:28 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Well you will love this one. This chick was clearly dropped at birth..and not once ...but she has 160k followers. Warning you will throw up after 20 seconds.

 

Nope she now has 160 001 followers. Does she do porn? She should.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This sucker ((which must be north of a mill USD) has finally hit the water. All the Delomites will now be speculating whether the Delos crew will do a Vag type deal. Can't see the yard doing it unless there was a generous 3rd party involved and I can't see these guys prancing around on it making moonshine and having a fat time like they do...but you never know, this SailingVlogmeister stuff is a pretty big business now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

This sucker ((which must be north of a mill USD) has finally hit the water. All the Delomites will now be speculating whether the Delos crew will do a Vag type deal. Can't see the yard doing it unless there was a generous 3rd party involved and I can't see these guys prancing around on it making moonshine and having a fat time like they do...but you never know, this SailingVlogmeister stuff is a pretty big business now.

 

750euro is the base price. You should see the polars for this cruising missile - it's going to give the condoCats fits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gee that sounds like pretty good value for money ARum considering all the solid features you get, like multiple watertight bulkheads incl engine room etc.

As you mentioned performance I thought it might be interesting to compare this modern day long distance cruising cutter MH rig with say a older variant like Bob Perry's Valiant 50 which is around a 20 year old design and popular with the mono long distance cruising fraternity.

Amel 50'

LOA 50’10”; LWL 47’7”; Beam 15’8”; Draft 7’; Displ. 41,000 lbs.; Ballast 11,800 lbs.; Sail Area 1,360 sq. ft.; SA/D 14.83; D/L 203;  B/D  29%; L/B 3.24.

Perry Valiant 50

LOA 50.67'; LWL 40.25'; Beam 13.83'; Draft 6.25'; Displ. 35,550 lbs; Ballast: 11,000 lbs; Sail Area 959.00 sq ft; SA/D 14.25; D/L 243.39; B/D 31%; L/B 3.66.

You can see there is not a lot of performance difference between the two except for displacement and particularly if Bob was a bit more bullish on sail area (which wouldn't have worked). Interior volume as represented by the L/B figure and having a look at the long/x-sections is where any similarity ends. Interestingly Armel have finally succumbed and got rid of a skeg mounted rudder in favour of twins to drive it's fat arse.

You could land a jumbo jet inside these new things.

Anyway back to normal programming. 

 

images (88).jpg

valiant_50_drawing.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dylan winter said:

La Vag does history

4.38 in - Napoleon no  less

D

 

I actually watched this episode (or it maybe the one before - it is hard to tell). Apart from forgetting to put the dingy on the davits before they leave, forgetting that the screacher was still up and having it unfurl in 20 knots, brows getting seasick and them all hanging out in the salon watching the speed on the GPS whilst the boat is on auto pilot and every thing is cleated surfing at 22 knots, everything goes swimmingly. But my god he is annoying, he is like a child. She is clearly the brains behind it all and he either has a big dick or she is worried about their popularity if they parted. Like what happened to Sony and Cher. Wait. Bad example. Regardless she deserves all her success for putting up with him.

And as for her other new pair of hulls, while there is still no unveiling, there are some glimpses if you look carefully. but the bikini shots of the early years aren't happening anymore.

i wonder why. She didn't get them done to make her shirts fit better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mono's with a deep keel can dig in.... when things get fugly....tis true Dylan. A trick with Cat's if you get nausea woozin' in.... plonk yerself right in the middle, betwixt the hulls and look back... over your wake... lying as she did in the vid isn't going to help dynamically....

Tis why Privelége place the master berth bed smack in the middle....

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having done 10's of thousands of miles offshore in both, I always smile when a newbie says they are going to by a cat because the wife gets seasick. Downwind the motion is bad enough but up wind in a seaway they basically behave like a motor boat.

i am off to teach on a Cat today. Hope I don't lose my lunch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Having done 10's of thousands of miles offshore in both, I always smile when a newbie says they are going to by a cat because the wife gets seasick. Downwind the motion is bad enough but up wind in a seaway they basically behave like a motor boat.

i am off to teach on a Cat today. Hope I don't lose my lunch.

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LMI said:

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

Hey looks who is back! How you been? Still got that sand in your vag I see. Did you think of that witty retort all by yourself? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

^^°Be happy.. The script is already written and I have managed to get a copy. Don't ask me how. Anyway.

Elayna has a one night stand with a super yacht skipper in Porto Cervo. Next day or episode we have the catfight between her and the skipper's (Eduardo) girlfriend and cutaways to Riley and Eduardo drinking beers and chatting about the differences between cats and monos.  When you are expecting that everything has returned to normal Riley  suddenly sees in Elayna's  eyebrows a mono not a multi and which in turn reminds him of the superyacht and Eduardo. Things quickly go to shit and Elayna runs of with Eduardo on a trip to Turkey.

We then have a few episodes of Riley taking the boat to Naples singlehanded and nude while drunk. BTW we now know why the poor girl ran off. The episode which involves a tour of the city's finest brothels and where he falls in love with one of the girls who happens to have a pet crocodile called Audrey, tanks with only a million views. Tanks you might  say? Well the superyacht catfight scored 8 million views in just week one so things are not looking good. Even having Elayna's gay cousin visit her on the superyacht where he falls in love with the cook  and the engineer isn't cutting the mustard with the audience.

Anyway Outreamer step in and read Elayna the riot act so she returns. However from having experienced the stability of a 180' sailboat that has its own beauty parlour and helicopter to coming back to something that feels like a snowboard, probably indicates this is not going to end well.

Anyway after a few episodes starting with the obligatory hot make-up scene where the cans are revealed (with the clinics name superimposed as digital pasties), flashbacks to better times, sulking between roots etc they decide to freshen up the show to appeal to a younger audience. They start calling each other "Ri" and "El" the theory being to say the entire word, it takes time, and then they wouldn’t be young anymore.

Anyway the season closes with a quick animation that imagines what it might be like if all the Sailing Vlogster characters slept with each other. Yes Elayna and Brian off Delos obviously go hammer and tongs in the focsle with Brady in the anchor locker watching, but you will be amazed who Riley, sorry Ri shags Pixar style. 

I won't spoil it for you so you will have to wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Having done 10's of thousands of miles offshore in both, I always smile when a newbie says they are going to by a cat because the wife gets seasick. Downwind the motion is bad enough but up wind in a seaway they basically behave like a motor boat.

i am off to teach on a Cat today. Hope I don't lose my lunch.

Don't order the pork. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

^^°Be happy.. The script is already written and I have managed to get a copy. Don't ask me how. Anyway.

Elayna has a one night stand with a super yacht skipper in Porto Cervo. Next day or episode we have the catfight between her and the skipper's (Eduardo) girlfriend and cutaways to Riley and Eduardo drinking beers and chatting about the differences between cats and monos.  When you are expecting that everything has returned to normal Riley  suddenly sees in Elayna's  eyebrows a mono not a multi and which in turn reminds him of the superyacht and Eduardo. Things quickly go to shit and Elayna runs of with Eduardo on a trip to Turkey.

We then have a few episodes of Riley taking the boat to Naples singlehanded and nude while drunk. BTW we now know why the poor girl ran off. The episode which involves a tour of the city's finest brothels and where he falls in love with one of the girls who happens to have a pet crocodile called Audrey, tanks with only a million views. Tanks you might  say? Well the superyacht catfight scored 8 million views in just week one so things are not looking good. Even having Elayna's gay cousin visit her on the superyacht where he falls in love with the cook  and the engineer isn't cutting the mustard with the audience.

Anyway Outreamer step in and read Elayna the riot act so she returns. However from having experienced the stability of a 180' sailboat that has its own beauty parlour and helicopter to coming back to something that feels like a snowboard, probably indicates this is not going to end well.

Anyway after a few episodes starting with the obligatory hot make-up scene where the cans are revealed (with the clinics name superimposed as digital pasties), flashbacks to better times, sulking between roots etc they decide to freshen up the show to appeal to a younger audience. They start calling each other "Ri" and "El" the theory being to say the entire word, it takes time, and then they wouldn’t be young anymore.

Anyway the season closes with a quick animation that imagines what it might be like if all the Sailing Vlogster characters slept with each other. Yes Elayna and Brian off Delos obviously go hammer and tongs in the focsle with Brady in the anchor locker watching, but you will be amazed who Riley, sorry Ri shags Pixar style. 

I won't spoil it for you so you will have to wait.

Well envisioned JS

the two sailing video market leaders are sort of soap operas on water.  Where they are and how they are travelling is for most of the time irrrelevant. The comments on La Vag on youtube are marvelous. Lots of women asking when Riley is going to get down on one knee (not in protest) and give her a ring. There are posts about babies.

It would be good to hear the inside stories of the two camera people who bit the dust within weeks of joining.  It must be bloody weird for them.

D

 

In the meantime

Christian williams has hit the 1,000,000 views - on a sailing film

goodonim.  Mind you the million views is only worth $1000 which says he does not need and does not want anyway

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

Well envisioned JS

the two sailing video market leaders are sort of soap operas on water.  Where they are and how they are travelling is for most of the time irrrelevant. The comments on La Vag on youtube are marvelous. Lots of women asking when Riley is going to get down on one knee (not in protest) and give her a ring. There are posts about babies.

It would be good to hear the inside stories of the two camera people who bit the dust within weeks of joining.  It must be bloody weird for them.

D

 

Can't you apply for the position and report back? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

Can't you apply for the position and report back? :D

I would love to... but I am a bit busy at the moment doing the sea trials on my new motorsailor

 

It must be a very tough gig on the La Vag boat though. I have done a fair bit of reality filming where you spend a lot of time with the subject of the film - often people with planet sized egos. People can really start to annoy you but you have to just suck it up. But on land you can take yourself off for a walk. On a boat there is no escape. The only way off is the dinghy and access to that has to be negotiated with the man who owns it.

D

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites