Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all I had a few klicks from my favorite sailing forum so I started to search for the tread. Found it! I'm the guy who bought that massive steel thing...  Regarding the mustache, I always

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Posted Images

Dylan got a shout out in this month's Good Old Boat magazine, one of the writer's top ten YouTube vlogs.

I would burn like a crisp in the sun

that aside.... I think it is brilliant that there are so many talented and beautiful people out there. La Vag has sent her man to editing school and they will have an on-board editor on a boat big enough for the editor to find a quiet place to work - inside a hot hull while the owners besport themselves - and nothing wrong with that Philip Green has been doing it for years.

They might start thinking more about structuring the longer films properly. All round it is excellent that so many young people realise that sailing is not just for rich reactionary old farts.

I think you can look forward to some excellent films - if you see the underwater and drone sequences shot by people who know what they are doing there is plenty of headroom for them to raise their game.

SV Delos has also started making some really good films. Then there is the Dane who is forever repairing his boat that surely smells of dog. The Norwegian man who only sails in winter storms in the north sea. Sailing videos is a rich resource. It is a shame when people get upset about free stuff that is really rather good.

Meanwhile, some old bloke without a patreon account has posted yet another film about getting fekkin cold up north somewhere

D

Dylan got a shout out in this month's Good Old Boat magazine, one of the writer's top ten YouTube vlogs.

For a minute there I thought it read " Good Old Bloke ".

I would like to take this opportunity to announce the publication of

Good Old Bloke

magazine.

On the cover of issue 1 is

tom-cunliffe-hms-pickle-boats-that-build

This weeks features include

Two sheds or three - the art of shed sifting

engines were easier to fix in the old days

Books your kids laugh at you for owning

any more suggestions

Good Old Bloke

magazine.

any more suggestions

How to get the most out of your Polaroid SX-70 Instant Pic camera

The olde bloke without a patreon account desperately needs money to get south and warm up his arthritic appendages...and his frozen super8 cam.... PM me and I will pass the money on...scouts honour

Sparrow, for me you take the prize for most offensive on SA. Congratulations.

Sparrows do not have a penis, but a little lump called a cloaca. During the breeding season when hormones are flowing the cloaca swells and birds can get a cloacal protuberance.

cloaca-e1335204890300.jpg

The olde bloke without a patreon account desperately needs money to get south and warm up his arthritic appendages...and his frozen super8 cam.... PM me and I will pass the money on...scouts honour

Sparrow, for me you take the prize for most offensive on SA. Congratulations.

Sparrows do not have a penis, but a little lump called a cloaca. During the breeding season when hormones are flowing the cloaca swells and birds can get a cloacal protuberance.

cloaca-e1335204890300.jpg

Did you really type 'sparrows penis' into your search engine?

Fuck I Love this place.

KDH..your viewing device obviously doesn't see the irony font...I'm a Dylan fan you turnip.

Sorry for any offense, Sparrow.

LB 15, yes I was curious about sparrows' sexual organs. We have backyard chickens and have learned that for all their bluster roosters don't have a dick. Chicken sex is totally half-assed.

Had to peak when I saw your name pop up here.

We may have a winner in the Thread Drift contest.

Damn that made me laugh. So true. All the way to barn yard animal sex.

Now we just gotta get somebody to start another thread about it and watch poor BJ's head explode.

Now we just gotta get somebody to start another thread about it and watch poor BJ's head explode.

Nah, barn yard animal sex is legit.

Just don't start another fucking La Vagabond thread...

Good Old Bloke

magazine.

any more suggestions

How to get the most out of your Polaroid SX-70 Instant Pic camera

What do do with your old Polaroid pics.

I can't bear to trash mine but they are all faded. I did manage to trash the rolls of Kodachrome that I found in a drawer recently.

Nah, barn yard animal sex is legit.

Just don't start another fucking La Vagabond thread...

:lol: You are really daring them...

Seriously though I really doubt either Outremer (I always like their boats BTW) or the La Vagabond folks are sophisticated or interested enough in this site to be prompting this stuff. Its just the usual SA crowd and sock puppets trolling each other is my guess.

Naw, I'm pretty sure the Vags are under pressure to up their game, and put out request on their FB page for VagBros to pimp their videos on sailing message boards. I haven't looked...has anyone checked Sailnet etc for recent pimping?

By the way, I meat to get to this earlier but whoever said that the Vagabond folks weren't in Outremer's target market absolutely does not understand marketing and sponsorship. They are perfectly in the target market. The idea is simply that the young adults on Vagabond 2 represent how older richer people imagine themselves and should imagine themselves. You're not actually aspiring to own the boat, you are aspiring to be those beautiful people. And not just physically, but in the sense of going out and discovering the world for the first time. It's perfect marketing.

By the way, I meat to get to this earlier but whoever said that the Vagabond folks weren't in Outremer's target market absolutely does not understand marketing and sponsorship. They are perfectly in the target market. The idea is simply that the young adults on Vagabond 2 represent how older richer people imagine themselves and should imagine themselves. You're not actually aspiring to own the boat, you are aspiring to be those beautiful people. And not just physically, but in the sense of going out and discovering the world for the first time. It's perfect marketing.

Tell them to buy a fucking ad, instead of spamming the board.

Fuck that was a light bulb moment..90% of all advertising is aspirational.

I used to sprout that horseshit to my clients back in the day as well. It was so we could pack as many hot chicks as possible into a 30 second beer commercial.

They have just started putting paid commercials into their vids. The latest is for some audio books outfit with more to come no doubt. That'll go down well with the "like" brigade.

I think it will be really interesting seeing how it unfolds.

Some-one is now policing their youtube comments section and the blokes who have been leaving rude comments have been weeded out.

they are teaching themselves about making films - which can only be a good thing. Some really talented kids have offered to come and be their on-board editor - and they will have good gear to work with - good cameras, good sound, good drones, better underwater stuff.

As for the adverts.... well google has been placing adverts in, around and during their films, splashes across the bottom and collecting date on the the people who watch the films for offering us a "better experience" next time we go to ebay or search for something.

Youtube knows what we like to watch and offers me an endless supply of sailing films, westerns and news shows about the mess that is currently sweeping Mercan politics at the moment.

I think it is great that they are earning money from sailing - that is something of a miracle.

The interesting thing to watch will be to see what happens to their patreon clients. I assume they will be able to retain them by offering special films for the patreon people. The La Vag weboste has been really transformed and the merchandising improved immensely.

The two of them are a very marketable commodity. If they are able to blow some life into the yacht building business then that is excellent.

Good on them, good on the audio book company and good on the people who make the catamarans

Dylan

I'm not sure you understand Dylan. The ads are now different. Riley is reading them on camera. I don't mean banner ads put up by Youtube.

I saw it

inelegantly done - but it is an advert for books that are read by professionals - books are good things

It is a throw back to the soap operas when the actors themselves voiced the adverts

I don't think it makes any odds if it is google that places the ads, or that they get paid for a logo on title sequence,

advertising has always been used as a way of earning money for artistic endeavours

- an advert is an advert is an advert.

I am assuming they expect to lose some of their 1200 patrons - that has been factored in. These two are getting some excellent advice

goodonem

D

Actually they are having a few problems of their own to sort out in the advertising department. Lot of big corporates are pulling their advertising because Utube are failing to ensure their client adverts are not attached to material with inappropriate content.

I dunno... life is too short to sit down and read the Google TOS. But plenty of the videos on YouTube are entirely ads for various products and services, so they seem to be pretty cool with it. Maybe they do get a cut in those cases? I wouldn't be surprised.

I dunno... life is too short to sit down and read the Google TOS. But plenty of the videos on YouTube are entirely ads for various products and services, so they seem to be pretty cool with it. Maybe they do get a cut in those cases? I wouldn't be surprised.

Google is fine with it. That's not to say they won't splash an ad on your ad.

Some-one is now policing their youtube comments section and the blokes who have been leaving rude comments have been weeded out.

Dylan

I saw that as well. A lot of guys noticed that Elayna used some of the Patreon $$$ to upgrade her upper units ( . ) ( . ) when they were in OZ and they have been deleting those comments. :-)

Dylan

I saw that as well. A lot of guys noticed that Elayna used some of the Patreon $$$ to upgrade her upper units ( . ) ( . ) when they were in OZ and they have been deleting those comments. :-)

Too bad. I like real ones whatever the size.

OK, maybe nothing over a nice casaba. No watermelons.

OK. I have known some nice watermelons.

Now that you mention watermelons Ish...I reakon the girl has had a boob job since jumping off the mono...Wearing lots of upper clothing in NZ summer to disguise ...now winter/spring France to buy some time..then again..maybe I'm perverted OR maybe I'm controlling their soap opera media???

rick moore has invited a bunny girl on board

la vag has had a boob job

delos offers bikini free swimming for patrons

all classic soap opera stuff

I noticed that the carribean cruising blogger have started bumping into each other on the water and waving as they leave port

beyond parody but all good cheerful stuff in these difficuclt times for you yanks

just in case anyone is interested there is a film about sailing from shetland to mainland scotland in a £1 yaqcht somewhere on the web - it has short sections about harbour porpoises, otters, bastard toffs, scottish perfidiousness and a deeply, deeply unleasant night sailing across the pentland firth at night - no boobs, no guitar playing, no snokelling - fair bit iof sailing though - which is a bit of a change

it is 45 minutes lojg and you might need to engage your brain occasioanlly while watching.

D

Just about 2 years ago now I cut the cable. I was fed up with paying for shows where 35-45% is advertisements, so now it has become a personal vendetta of mine where if you shove a ad down my throat I will go out of my way to never support you or your business again. Now I know I'm being a child when I report every ad on Fb as sexually explicit but fuck you for getting past my ad blocker. So when la vega decided I needed to hear his take on some shitty as website I tapped out. Then when their ad showed up in a news article on my phone I about shit a egg. La vega now ranks equally with those websites that use click bait and have 7 pages of adverts before the actual video or article you came to see. Young aussie couple steal from man whos down on his luck but you won't believe what happens next. I just realized it wasn't a news article is was some bs click bait I fell for.....

so would a world with no adverts be a better place?

D

I think adverts are useful and have their place but they seem to be taking over. Telemarketers were the first step in the wrong direction but now it is escalating and getting way worse.

D

Yes.

Marketing is the real enemy of humanity

no newspapers, no TV, no radio, no forums, no youtube, no sailing anarchy, no search engines

Just films and books

and we would have to pay for those the way we did on the old days £3 to rent a film for a night

I agree though, phone calls are pretty annoying and google knowing what you do is pretty creepy at times

D

D

Yes.

no newspapers, no TV, no radio, no forums, no youtube, no sailing anarchy, no search engines

Just films and books

and we would have to pay for those the way we did on the old days £3 to rent a film for a night

I agree though, phone calls are pretty annoying and google knowing what you do is pretty creepy at times

D

We could have all those things, they would just not be "free".

But at least we could trust them.

D

Yes.

Agree with reservations. The problem with internet ads is the tech they use is such that they are DETERMINED to get your attention - hence pop-up ads, sound, Flash, other techniques to make it damn near impossible to avoid seeing the ad.

Phones would be even worse IMO. Fortunately I don't run anything that's tried to show me ads yet.

Anyway I run AdBlock on my computers and I have no intention of stopping. If that makes more sites financially unviable then perhaps they should examine their funding model and stop being so bloody offensive.

Newspapers mainly got funded by classified ads. If you didn't want to read them then you used that section of the paper to light the fire, line the birdcage, mulch the garden etc. Different thing entirely to a pop-up ad that's designed to be hard to dismiss *and* plays some shitty loud music at you while slowing down your computer.

FKT

Dylan

Too bad. I like real ones whatever the size.

OK, maybe nothing over a nice casaba. No watermelons.

OK. I have known some nice watermelons.

I'm with you, Ish.

D

Yes.

Agree with reservations. The problem with internet ads is the tech they use is such that they are DETERMINED to get your attention - hence pop-up ads, sound, Flash, other techniques to make it damn near impossible to avoid seeing the ad.

Phones would be even worse IMO. Fortunately I don't run anything that's tried to show me ads yet.

Anyway I run AdBlock on my computers and I have no intention of stopping. If that makes more sites financially unviable then perhaps they should examine their funding model and stop being so bloody offensive.

Newspapers mainly got funded by classified ads. If you didn't want to read them then you used that section of the paper to light the fire, line the birdcage, mulch the garden etc. Different thing entirely to a pop-up ad that's designed to be hard to dismiss *and* plays some shitty loud music at you while slowing down your computer.

FKT

What throws me into a fit is we are charged for DATA usage here on both our home internet plans and on our cell phones. So if I am being forced to look at you product you are costing me money and eating up my DATA so unless the ad companies either reimburse me or the providers stop charging me for data used for that ad that I don't consent to. Then they can all go and eat a great big bag of dicks. I will continue to run adblocker and every time the number of blocked ads goes up my smile will get brighter and brighter

FYI -- Just as a slight th'd drift data point, Youtube has never operated in the black, ever, in it's entire history. Google/Alphabet loses somewhere between $200Mil-Sky's The Limit every year supporting the platform.

I will take La Vag hamfistedly promoting his latest audio book sponsor over the usual low hanging fruit of Vimeo pay per view. Audible.com has been sponsoring target Youtuber's for years, somebody there has a knack for focusing on which target viewers will pay for an audio book subscription.

it was also a promo for a Hemmingway book - which is good. Good for them.

Any video platform has to earn its keep. I pay for my video space on Vimeo £250 a year). -it gets about 1000 hits per film - nearly all through my website

youtube distribution is free to me. The costs of distribution are paid for by the value of the advertising and the data google collects on you when you watch films there.

Youtube records what you watch, how much of it you watch, when you quit watching and monitors what you go onto next. All extremely valuable stuff - especially if that data is sold to a telephone marketeer.

dring dring - may I intrest you in breats enlargement sir?

youtube does not pay any adverrtising revenue to the vast majority of sailing video makers - all it does is to distribute the films for free. The way it takes conntrol of the advertising revenue is that if it has music in it then it basically belongs to google. The sailing films are what google calls "mash-ups" - mash ups belong to google, sony and time warner.not to the person whpp created the film.

so if La Vag can make money from something as good as audio books - that is excellent.

If some of the revenue goes into the cost of breast enlargement surgery.... well maybe that is not such a good thing.

discuss

D

Any video platform has to earn its keep. I pay for my video space on Vimeo £250 a year). -it gets about 1000 hits per film - nearly all through my website

youtube distribution is free to me. The costs of distribution are paid for by the value of the advertising and the data google collects on you when you watch films there.

Youtube records what you watch, how much of it you watch, when you quit watching and monitors what you go onto next. All extremely valuable stuff - especially if that data is sold to a telephone marketeer.

youtube does not pay any adverrtising revenue to the vast majority of sailing video makers - all it does is to distribute the films for free. The way it takes conntrol of the advertising revenue is that if it has music in it then it basically belongs to google. The sailing films are what google calls "mash-ups" - mash ups belong to google, sony and time warner.not to the person whpp created the film.

so if La Vag can make money from something as good as audio books - that is excellent.

If some of the revenue goes into the cost of breast enlargement surgery.... well maybe that is not such a good thing.

discuss

D

For an old codger you are very on top of the modern world. I applaud you, sir. :)

discuss

D

The enlarged cans are just part of tweaking the product. No different from getting the new boat. Now that they are a corporation she can probably claim them back on her tax as a business capital investment expense.

LaVagCorp Pty Ltd. 'Send us your money'.

discuss

D

The enlarged cans are just part of tweaking the product. No different from getting the new boat. Now that they are a corporation she can probably claim them back on her tax as a business capital investment expense.

1mle11.jpg

discuss

D

1mle11.jpg

I think that should be "would", not "wound"...

They need to get to a warm place quick smart in the OoootReamMyAssOut...so she can unveil those new titties and so then I can check to see if they align with and are proportional with the eyebrows......I simply refuse to send them any moron money in advance of that new cans reveal even though Sika have sponsored their installation.

They need to get to a warm place quick smart in the OoootReamMyAssOut...so she can unveil those new titties and so then I can check to see if they align with and are proportional with the eyebrows......I simply refuse to send them any moron money in advance of that new cans reveal even though Sika have sponsored their installation.

I had to look up Sika

all I could find was this

http://www.sikawaterproofing.co.uk/

I also do not understand the meme jobbie and the play of words

wound not bang 2/10

I understand google and digits reasonably well but that one went right over my head

I am enjoying the twists and turns of the story and the way that it is growing and growing

I am sure that the two main protagonists are beginning to wonder what they have gotr themselves into

they also talked about the financial arrangements

at the opposite end of the scale....

here is a film about my new motorsailer and the use of the j stroke

I had to look up Sika

I'm guessing as in Sikaflex and other sealant products, as in silicone sealant... etc. I guess you're a 3M kind of person Dylan.

I had to look up Sika

I also do not understand the meme jobbie and the play of words

wound not bang 2/10

I understand google and digits reasonably well but that one went right over my head

I am enjoying the twists and turns of the story and the way that it is growing and growing

I am sure that the two main protagonists are beginning to wonder what they have gotr themselves into

they also talked about the financial arrangements

at the opposite end of the scale....

here is a film about my new motorsailer and the use of the j stroke

Here is the original of that "would not bang" meme, as far as I know. Notice the spelling of "would" vs "wound". Memes don't make a lot of sense unless you spell all the words right.

butthurt-dweller-pointy-elbows-would-not

As far as Sika, you must have Sikaflex in England, it's a polyurethane adhesive commonly used to stick unwanted things to the user. Black is the stickiest, you will find that shit on clothes you have never worn anywhere near a boatyard.

Who are these people who sign up to petron and pay? REALLY? WHO PAYS MONEY? fuggin morans!

The fun sailing episodes are the new people dealing with the motor dies in a busy shipping channel right after new boat purchase, never been on a boat before camera rolling...

Love boat reruns get old.

Implants have certain hydrodynamic features that may not impress the patrons. Check at 36-40 seconds.

goodness.... I see what you mean

they look even less natural with those pressure waves

how strange.

now I see how those bulges on the front of big boats work

bulbous-bow-image08.jpg

you learn so much here

as for who taps

on mine it is mostly old intelligent blokes who can watch something that is 45 minutes long without breasts to keep their interest raised

if you want to see who taps into La Vag you can read the comments on their youtube films - at least those that have not been judiciously deleted

many of the commenters seem to want to see them get married and see the pix in the hello magazine

not the breasts I mean but the main protagonists at the centre of this floating Million dollar soap opera

I am full of admiration for the production

The La Vag operation is a beautiful thing - sleek and perfectly formed,

the films I mean not the embonpoint

D

Implants have certain hydrodynamic features that may not impress the patrons. Check at 36-40 seconds.

It's all fun until someone loses an eye.