Jump to content

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all I had a few klicks from my favorite sailing forum so I started to search for the tread. Found it! I'm the guy who bought that massive steel thing...  Regarding the mustache, I always

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

I have watched these last few posts with interest I agree that I should put more effort in...... I also a agree that film making has changed. In one vid I made there was a 45 second shot....

Posted Images

6 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

And that's a good thing? 

Women are intelligent, strong, powerful and empowered. It's their body and they're capable of making their own decisions.

I personally, would never engage in an emotional or physical relationship with a woman too far my junior but I won't judge young women who choose to engage in relationships with men who are far their seniors (or vice versa) as long as it is mutually consensual and within the legal statutes for age in the place where the relationship takes place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching the "Sail into Freedom" guy get a hole blown in his boat I sure as hell don't want it happening to me. @Innocent Bystander had to have his hull peeled after a strike.

I have bonding all over the place that ties to the keel and to the engine...which leads to the shaft, which goes in the water.  This all seems very logical and reassuring but I'm not placing a whole lot of faith in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JRC026 said:

I have no feelings either way about young-old partnerships (of legal age!) between the sexes
Live and let live I say, when it comes to love...

What's love got to do with it?
-- Tina Turner

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/ww_4307.png

That poor, poor girl. Lured in by that wealthy perv. He's so shrewd, she doesn't have a clue what she's gotten herself into.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ajax said:

That poor, poor girl. Lured in by that wealthy perv. He's so shrewd, she doesn't have a clue what she's gotten herself into.

Exactly. She's totally been forced into this position by a violent patriarchal society that only value her for her fake boobs.  /s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elegua said:

Exactly. She's totally been forced into this position by a violent patriarchal society that only value her for her fake boobs.  /s

Ah, thank you for reminding me to use the sarcasm font. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

That combo is often a variant of perve-meets-gold-digger.  Not always, but often.

The only woman I know who made such a marriage was alarmingly knowledgeable about the fragile cardiac situation of her wealthy husband.

Pasting his EKGs into the wedding album is one clue.

heart rhythm, Electrocardiogram, ECG - EKG signal, Heart Beat pulse line concept design isolated on white background Stock Vector - 112511049

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 11:22 PM, Panope said:

95 down vs. 16,000 up.  That's great.  Only 6/10 of a percent thumbs down.

My stuff averages about 2 percent thumbs down.

I seem to get 'em even when not slagging any anchors.

 

Steve

Wow, your videos are great. Love em.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ajax said:

After watching the "Sail into Freedom" guy get a hole blown in his boat I sure as hell don't want it happening to me. @Innocent Bystander had to have his hull peeled after a strike.

I have bonding all over the place that ties to the keel and to the engine...which leads to the shaft, which goes in the water.  This all seems very logical and reassuring but I'm not placing a whole lot of faith in it.

Zero faith. Remember my strike 1.5 years ago. Zero protection on me. Full bonding on boat next to me. Top of the line. We were both hit. Guess who had more damage...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wess said:

Zero faith. Remember my strike 1.5 years ago. Zero protection on me. Full bonding on boat next to me. Top of the line. We were both hit. Guess who had more damage...

Your neighbor took more damage? Oh, that's lovely. You took a lot of damage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wess said:

Wow, your videos are great. Love em.

Thanks Wess.

---------------------

Thinking more about the occasional downvotes that I receive, some are likely from people who have legitimate criticism of my test protocols and/or analysis.

Certainly, they are not perfect.

Steve

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ajax said:

Your neighbor took more damage? Oh, that's lovely. You took a lot of damage.

I guess overall we were about equal.  His is a higher end monohull (being a bit vague as don't want to out the boat since a few here know me and where my boat is and thus could ID his) so everything costs more on his.  Ignoring $s and just looking at damage, if you recall I had a lot of little structural damage (many small pin holes across all 3 hulls) and some electrical issues.  He had more concentrated (but less overall) structural damage and more widespread electrical - very high end systems - drama.  I always laugh at those who claim to understand and know how to deal with lighting strikes.  My only answer is to have good insurance. And if there was a better answer than that insurance would require it.  But I am just a hick from the sticks trying to find my way LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Panope said:

Thanks Wess.

---------------------

Thinking more about the occasional downvotes that I receive, some are likely from people who have legitimate criticism of my test protocols and/or analysis.

Certainly, they are not perfect.

Steve

I hear you.  But guess I will never understand folks that go around down voting or hating things.  If you like it go ahead and click.  If not go ahead and ignore or move on or make an intelligent comment. I kinda figure its a bit of a sicko that down votes regularly.  Only being able to hate is a sad way to go through life LOL.  Anyway, glad you are well and the boat is still going good. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Wess said:

I hear you.  But guess I will never understand folks that go around down voting or hating things.  If you like it go ahead and click.  If not go ahead and ignore or move on or make an intelligent comment. I kinda figure its a bit of a sicko that down votes regularly.  Only being able to hate is a sad way to go through life LOL.  Anyway, glad you are well and the boat is still going good. 

 

I think that many of the downvoters are attempting to control or influence  their algorithm

if you downvote something they will not send you similar stuff

but...... there are better ways of shaping your algorithm

like telling yutube not to send anything more from that channel

yours

the algo man

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I think that many of the downvoters are attempting to control or influence  their algorithm

if you downvote something they will not send you similar stuff

but...... there are better ways of shaping your algorithm

like telling yutube not to send anything more from that channel

yours

the algo man

There is an algorithm here?  I thought we were all just puppets on Scott's string LOL??

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

I'm sure he is a very nice man.  :D

Yeah, very nice...

Flavio Briatore (Italian: [ˈflaːvjo bri.aˈtoːre]; born 12 April 1950) is an Italian businessman. He started his career as a restaurant manager and insurance salesman in Italy. Briatore was convicted in Italy on several fraud charges in the 1980s, receiving two prison sentences, though the convictions were later extinguished by an amnesty. Briatore set up a number of successful Benetton franchises as a fugitive in the Virgin Islands and the United States. In 1990, he was promoted by Luciano Benetton to manage the Benetton Formula One racing team, which became Renault F1 in 2002. From 2007 to 2010, he was part-owner and chairman of London's Queens Park Rangers F.C. On 16 September 2009, Briatore was forced to resign from the ING Renault F1 team due to his involvement in race fixing at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix. After the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) conducted its own investigation, Briatore was banned indefinitely from any events sanctioned by the FIA, although this ban was later overturned by a French Tribunal de Grande Instance.

(from wikipedia)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Sounds typical. Italy has its corruption and criminal elements.

That aside, Italy is alluring to me. We've found some interesting Youtube stuff  on buying houses (so this isn't REALLy a thread drift)in Italy.

I'm not talking about those $1 jobs that flood the web,(like these sailing vids). :)

I don't think we'd ever do it but my partner loves to consider it for a winter getaway for us and a vacation rental to offset the costs. 

Who knows. My family loves Italy. 

305028445_MJTTPPantheon.jpg.0a69a6b44477ad24452c38cdb608e930.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kris Cringle  That wasn't a dig, just accepting reality.

I adore Italy. My family is from Abruzzo province.  I'm in the process of applying for Italian citizenship since I'm eligible. My cousin already has it. She's lived in Florence most of her life. I started studying Italian a few months ago and I practice and take lessons daily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

@Kris Cringle  That wasn't a dig, just accepting reality.

I adore Italy. My family is from Abruzzo province.  I'm in the process of applying for Italian citizenship since I'm eligible. My cousin already has it. She's lived in Florence most of her life. I started studying Italian a few months ago and I practice and take lessons daily.

Wow, what a beautiful area. I've yet to be anywhere south of Rome, but I hope I get to southern Italy. Are you working with a language program (if so, tell me how it works)?

I've mentioned our son lived in Rome and went to school there for 4 years. He was at an American Uni. which doesn't speak Italian.

He took a class and learned the language though. Amazingly, nearly none of the US students learn Italian. He picked up the Roman style of course, from the instructors. That made his time there much richer, you could tell as he interacted with locals he'd come to friend. 

I love food! I don't think I've ever eaten anything in Italy, that wasn't superb. The Italians just know food. 

1867110518_MAshoppingTrasteverre(1of1).thumb.jpg.7982f3ebef8b34b8e8f56564d7ebb881.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wess said:

................. how to deal with lighting strikes.  My only answer is to have good insurance. And if there was a better answer than that insurance would require it.  But I am just a hick from the sticks trying to find my way LOL.

Bonding protects people inside from side arcs, it doesn't protect the boat.

Many owners yhink they have lightning protection fitted but don't have a good system.

Hulls are only properly-protected with a direct straight conduction path to the water, from the air terminal. The conductor being a minimum of 4/0 AWG between the mast base and the in water dissipators.

Insurance companies pay out very little as a % of total expenditure for lightning damage in comparison to other causes of damage and loss, they'll never require adequate hull protection for lightning. That would only come from regulators.

It's expensive to protect the electronics on anything much under 40 feet long but you can protect the hull. The various military standards work for their smaller craft. They even protect their electronics on smaller craft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MikeJohns said:

Bonding protects people inside from side arcs, it doesn't protect the boat.

Many owners yhink they have lightning protection fitted but don't have a good system.

Hulls are only properly-protected with a direct straight conduction path to the water, from the air terminal. The conductor being a minimum of 4/0 AWG between the mast base and the in water dissipators.

Insurance companies pay out very little as a % of total expenditure for lightning damage in comparison to other causes of damage and loss, they'll never require adequate hull protection for lightning. That would only come from regulators.

It's expensive to protect the electronics on anything much under 40 feet long but you can protect the hull. The various military standards work for their smaller craft. They even protect their electronics on smaller craft.

Hmmm. I asked somebody what size for the plate in hull/water for a boat in fresh or blackish water. I was given an ABS standard (I think). It was LOL big and impossible on a multihull. Even the high end monohull system didn’t meet that standard. For salt water yes but not for upper Chesapeake blackish/fresh. I want to be clear. I don’t have the answer. I am simply highly suspicious of those that claim they so with re lighting protection that works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leuk said:

Meanwhile, Hugo still has a piss poor tits-per-minute ratio. But he ends up his racing season by a win

 

 

 

He doesn't show many women in his videos but I know he's getting maximum ass. His guests are always beautiful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Chick rebuilding steering quadrant wearing a tube top complains on a long rant  about anonymous pervs on the internet. Makes sense.

I guess it makes sense ... to someone who describes a woman as a "chick".

If viewed through a non-pervy lens, what we actually have here is a young woman raised on DIY, who is working hard to tackle a big boat-repair project, and making a good job of it.  She is dressing for job, which means wearing tyvek overalls most of the time, and wearing minimal clothing when doing hard work outside in the heat.

But some men see only tits, and spam her with lewd comments.  And bizarrely, even when that's flagged up one man comes here to call her a "chick" insist that he sees only tits.

Is it any wonder that some women enjoy this sort of joke book?

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
19 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Is it any wonder that some women enjoy this sort of joke book?

Is that a joke book? I thought it was a textbook.

Haha :D

But in my head, I can't dissociate it from the 1992 All Men Are Bastards Diary, which included this magnificent joke:

Q. What's the definition of the perfect man?

A. The one who screws you silly until 3am ... then turns into a pizza

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Haha :D

But in my head, I can't dissociate it from the 1992 All Men Are Bastards Diary, which included this magnificent joke:

Q. What's the definition of the perfect man?

A. The one who screws you silly until 3am ... then turns into a pizza

Yeah. No problem with jokes like that from me, lots of them are deserved anyway and if you can't take it, you shouldn't bring it. I've heard a lot of definitions of the perfect woman too but I'm not going there. Mainly because I've had long term close relationships with very bright women and am still on very good terms with my first wife.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ajax said:

He doesn't show many women in his videos but I know he's getting maximum ass. His guests are always beautiful. 

Seeing the size of his boats, I hope he gets this in portions, not in one go.

 

Edit : to be fair, loads of bearded, folks are visiting him, in fact. Skinny asses, though. But they do show their tits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Chick rebuilding steering quadrant wearing a tube top complains on a long rant  about anonymous pervs on the internet. Makes sense. She is from Utah an d the boat is in Mass.  

 

For everyone convenience, her rant starts here : 

I could see your point, but it's honestly shocking to see how stupid, or even downright psychotic some people hiding behind a keyboard can be. Hearing her describe the sort of shit she has to put up with, just because she's a woman basically, is revolting to say the least. And come on. Wishing for someone to die? Over rebuilding a boat? It's actually the first time I see this subject raised in that sort of vid, and it puts a lot of perspective on the others. It's one thing to joke or criticize or dismiss a content, but acting like a total perv or an envious sicko and making sure they read the result is another step entirely. Why should they get that sort of crap just because they're posting refit vids?

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2021 at 9:46 PM, Panope said:

Thanks, JJ

Assuming I have not shown their favorite anchor in a spectacular failure, then It could be something as basic as my demeanor or even the sound of my voice that just rubs them the wrong way.

Can't please them all.

Steve

Panope, you should have a link to your youtube in your sig, or else you apparently aren't a real person :)  (but the real reason is so I can find your vids and see if I like them or not)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leuk said:

For everyone convenience, her rant starts here : 

I could see your point, but it's honestly shocking to see how stupid, or even downright psychotic some people hiding behind a keyboard can be. Hearing her describe the sort of shit she has to put up with, just because she's a woman basically, is revolting to say the least. And come on. Wishing for someone to die? Over rebuilding a boat? It's actually the first time I see this subject raised in that sort of vid, and it puts a lot of perspective on the others. It's one thing to joke or criticize or dismiss a content, but acting like a total perv or an envious sicko and making sure they read the result is another step entirely. Why should they get that sort of crap just because they're posting refit vids?

That is a pretty good rant.  I've watched a few of their videos, and think "well, that's not the way I would have done that", but they are young and learning.  In my mid 20s my brother and I renovated a house, looking back 30 years later I think "well, that's not the way I'd do it today"...

Vile comments over her looks are nuts - why should it matter?  I don't watch Acorn to Arabella for anyone's looks... (no offense meant to the guys).  Haters gotta hate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steveyates said:

Panope, you should have a link to your youtube in your sig, or else you apparently aren't a real person :)  (but the real reason is so I can find your vids and see if I like them or not)

 

Steve, I post my YouTube crap in the thread - Anchor Geekdom.

As for the poor promotion, I wish to present myself here as a participant in this nautical bullshit session - NOT as a salesman.

Steve

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, leuk said:

For everyone convenience, her rant starts here : 

I could see your point, but it's honestly shocking to see how stupid, or even downright psychotic some people hiding behind a keyboard can be. Hearing her describe the sort of shit she has to put up with, just because she's a woman basically, is revolting to say the least. And come on. Wishing for someone to die? Over rebuilding a boat? It's actually the first time I see this subject raised in that sort of vid, and it puts a lot of perspective on the others. It's one thing to joke or criticize or dismiss a content, but acting like a total perv or an envious sicko and making sure they read the result is another step entirely. Why should they get that sort of crap just because they're posting refit vids?

It's not they "they" get that sort of crap just because they are posting refit video's online.

It's that everyone gets that sort of crap online when they become "internet famous".

There is just a certain percentage of people on earth who are touched in the head. If you attract a million viewers, and even 1% are a bit fucked, that's 10 000 people you don't want viewing, commenting, whatever.

I have a mate who's "youtube famous" in a completely different industry and he had to move house because people started showing up at his home, and they have tracked him down because you could see enough significant landmarks to tell what area he lived in (he had been pretty active in hiding his address) but people still tracked him down and showed up.

That's the price of fame.

Most of it is just putting up with people asking for autographs at the airport, but there are crazies out there who do the wrong thing.

This is why the movie super-stars get paid so much money, they don't get $20 million because they are a great actor in the latest Avengers movie, they get $20 million because 500 million people will see the latest Avengers movie and as a main actor your life will never be the same because of it, they will need security guards when in public, gated housing, they can never go to the shops again without being harassed etc.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darth reapius said:

It's not they "they" get that sort of crap just because they are posting refit video's online.

It's that everyone gets that sort of crap online when they become "internet famous".

There is just a certain percentage of people on earth who are touched in the head. If you attract a million viewers, and even 1% are a bit fucked, that's 10 000 people you don't want viewing, commenting, whatever.

I have a mate who's "youtube famous" in a completely different industry and he had to move house because people started showing up at his home, and they have tracked him down because you could see enough significant landmarks to tell what area he lived in (he had been pretty active in hiding his address) but people still tracked him down and showed up.

That's the price of fame.

Most of it is just putting up with people asking for autographs at the airport, but there are crazies out there who do the wrong thing.

This is why the movie super-stars get paid so much money, they don't get $20 million because they are a great actor in the latest Avengers movie, they get $20 million because 500 million people will see the latest Avengers movie and as a main actor your life will never be the same because of it, they will need security guards when in public, gated housing, they can never go to the shops again without being harassed etc.

I completely agree with your analysis. The end result is no less shocking. And I think it's way more than 1%.

Sailing/refit channels is still a relatively confidential domain. They don't have that many views per vids. Even La Vagabonde means peanuts compared to an average gaming channel. Plus the audience is supposed to be a bit more mature, at least in age. The normal/fucked up comment ratio on that sort of platform is never good. And while everyone gets a good share of those, females are very generously served. Being anonymous allows sociopaths to indulge in their talent, and it has revealed that this is not an endangered species. This debate goes far beyond our little floating activity anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell is other people.

A couple of friends suggested that we start a YT channel where we each sail in our own little environs in the Chesapeake and document it because the bay is so diverse. No tits, no bikinis, no Paypal, no Patreon, no quitting or day jobs. Not for money, just for fun.  I thought about it.

No way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Hell is other people.

A couple of friends suggested that we start a YT channel where we each sail in our own little environs in the Chesapeake and document it because the bay is so diverse. No tits, no bikinis, no Paypal, no Patreon, no quitting or day jobs. Not for money, just for fun.  I thought about it.

No way.

Who is your target audience?  Cause I aint gonna watch a no bikini YT channel unless its on par with KTL.  Middle age guys need something to draw them in.  A good story or a scantily clad 20 year old will do it.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Hell is other people.

A couple of friends suggested that we start a YT channel where we each sail in our own little environs in the Chesapeake and document it because the bay is so diverse. No tits, no bikinis, no Paypal, no Patreon, no quitting or day jobs. Not for money, just for fun.  I thought about it.

No way.

It's been done

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, I'm familiar with these videos. One reason they're so great is because there's so little dialogue to ruin them. They don't really explain or discuss much.

I think my friends had something more "KTL-like" in mind, where we sail but also narrate and explain the history and culture of each place we visit. There would be more dialogue. All the more reason for me not to do it. No one wants to hear me prattle on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Oh yes, I'm familiar with these videos. One reason they're so great is because there's so little dialogue to ruin them. They don't really explain or discuss much.

I think my friends had something more "KTL-like" in mind, where we sail but also narrate and explain the history and culture of each place we visit. There would be more dialogue. All the more reason for me not to do it. No one wants to hear me prattle on.

You put me on thier channel a couple years ago. Good stuff! But like KTL,...you have to wait for new material. Looking at the thumbnails posted here, it's worth it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ajax said:

Oh yes, I'm familiar with these videos. One reason they're so great is because there's so little dialogue to ruin them. They don't really explain or discuss much.

I think my friends had something more "KTL-like" in mind, where we sail but also narrate and explain the history and culture of each place we visit. There would be more dialogue. All the more reason for me not to do it. No one wants to hear me prattle on.

If there are hot chicks involved, I might watch you in a vid prattling on [LOL]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slice o' cheesecake from the PG-rated Wynns on Curiosity:

If you pass the 'Nikki in a bralette' cardiac stress test, the 'Nikki threatens her thumb with a machete' stress test might do for you instead. (Spoiler alert: She's pretty handy with the chopper.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

Slice o' cheesecake from the PG-rated Wynns on Curiosity:

If you pass the 'Nikki in a bralette' cardiac stress test, the 'Nikki threatens her thumb with a machete' stress test might do for you instead. (Spoiler alert: She's pretty handy with the chopper.)

They’re the well-groomed aw-shucks super-nice plain-vanilla suburban neighbours I’ve never had and never want to have (if I lived in the ‘burbs) because I wouldn’t have a clue what to talk to them about :-).  Favourite pizza recipes, probably.  “I like to put Italian herbs in my pizza dough.  You?  I saw your wife in a bralette once.  I mean, not, well, I mean....”. Then awkward silence.  

”Nice Capri pants, dude.  Where’d you, um, get them?”

420D1F75-26B6-4710-A4BE-98DAD5297431.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ajax said:

I think my friends had something more "KTL-like" in mind, where we sail but also narrate and explain the history and culture of each place we visit. There would be more dialogue. All the more reason for me not to do it. No one wants to hear me prattle on.

I think it sounds like a great idea.  People on boats visiting places they know, and telling stories.

I can only speak for me, but I do want to hear you.  I think of this series as being something like RTÉ's Sunday Miscellany

Provided of course, that none of you ever say "awesome", "cool", "neat", "stoked" etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

They’re the well-groomed aw-shucks super-nice plain-vanilla suburban neighbours I’ve never had and never want to have (if I lived in the ‘burbs) because I wouldn’t have a clue what to talk to them about

Perfect, Jud.

That couple are the ultimate example of bland, vacuous, suburban upper-middle-class niceness, complete with her obligatory perfect white teeth for all those perfect suburban smile photos.  The perfect illustration of the life unexamined and the privilege unchecked.

I do hope that they are the product of some brutal lobotomisation experiment. Not because I wish cruelty on anyone, but because the alternative explanation is that such soullessness may arise naturally, which would be be even more scary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I think it sounds like a great idea.  People on boats visiting places they know, and telling stories.

I can only speak for me, but I do want to hear you.  I think of this series as being something like RTÉ's Sunday Miscellany

Provided of course, that none of you ever say "awesome", "cool", "neat", "stoked" etc

Even I don't want to hear me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I think it sounds like a great idea.  People on boats visiting places they know, and telling stories.

I can only speak for me, but I do want to hear you.  I think of this series as being something like RTÉ's Sunday Miscellany

Provided of course, that none of you ever say "awesome", "cool", "neat", "stoked" etc

epic...please, nobody declare it's epic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Perfect, Jud.

That couple are the ultimate example of bland, vacuous, suburban upper-middle-class niceness, complete with her obligatory perfect white teeth for all those perfect suburban smile photos.  The perfect illustration of the life unexamined and the privilege unchecked.

I do hope that they are the product of some brutal lobotomisation experiment. Not because I wish cruelty on anyone, but because the alternative explanation is that such soullessness may arise naturally, which would be be even more scary.

well that's pretty harsh.  they are certainly regular folks but they are also cruising and living in remote island/sea places so not so uninspired as to not be able accomplish that.  and, i never heard them say epic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

If there are hot chicks involved, I might watch you in a vid prattling on [LOL]

Maybe you could call your channel “Sailing Diddles”, piggybacking on the brand identity of the similar sounding hot chicks in bikinis sailing channel.  Plus, diddling, I mean “diddles” in the title might get you more hits...it’ll be epic!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno... I always end up with lingering suspicions about young people with that much wealth and leisure.  Petty of me, I know.  

Still, I expect to discover that they're sitting on a pile of Nazi loot. Or fronting for a drug cartel.  Those overnight sails? Disposing of bodies, probably.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chester said:

well that's pretty harsh.  they are certainly regular folks but they are also cruising and living in remote island/sea places so not so uninspired as to not be able accomplish that.  and, i never heard them say epic.

Chester, nobody living on a big expensive yacht and flying back-and-forth from it is "regular folks".  Regular folks work two jobs to pay the rent on a crappy home.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chester said:

well that's pretty harsh.  they are certainly regular folks but they are also cruising and living in remote island/sea places so not so uninspired as to not be able accomplish that.  and, i never heard them say epic.

TwoLegged didn’t watch the short but sweet bralette part, I think, where she rollllllls out the dough, so TL is reading too much into the video :-) :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

TwoLegged didn’t watch the short but sweet bralette part, I think, where she rollllllls out the dough, so TL is reading too much into the video :-) :-)

I haven't watched any of that video.  But over the years, i have watched probably a dozen of the Wynns' other videos, and that's how I form my judgement of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, chester said:

well that's pretty harsh.  they are certainly regular folks but they are also cruising and living in remote island/sea places so not so uninspired as to not be able accomplish that.  and, i never heard them say epic.

When paperwork was signed and refit finished, they christened their boat using a wine aerator.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

When paperwork was signed and refit finished, they christened their boat using a wine aerator.

I had to google "wine aerator".  Mother of God ... it's almost as obscenely pretentious as a fish knife.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 1:09 AM, TwoLegged said:

Q. What's the definition of the perfect man?

A. The one who screws you silly until 3am ... then turns into a pizza

This yin POV ("fuck me") is how women since the dawn of time have cultivated the yang alpha male ("fuck you") archetype.  The joke has considerably more than a grain of truth.  And so it goes...

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, chester said:

groan...obviously i should have been more familiar with their work before defending them.

Hah, I was actually watching of their vids before they bought a boat when they were working remote out of an RV.  Specifically they do some deep delves into the different hardware they actually use.

Although yeah, they are social influencers of their generation and the Hipster is strong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I had to google "wine aerator".  Mother of God ... it's almost as obscenely pretentious as a fish knife.

We own a wine aerator.:unsure: It was a gift! We only use it ironically. Also many cheese knives, a marble rolling pin, and a pizza peel (for those 3am post-boff snacks). 

I like the Wynns. For the same reasons I like the aforementioned rescue kitten YouTubes: They are super cute, feisty, harmless, and soothing in a world full of anger, spite, and violence. They come from priviledge, and few of us here can escape that charge, but they are self-aware enuf to know it and they generally try to behave decently and tread lightly. They put in the hours and get better at things. If their curiosity seldom qualifies as intellectual, they still take an interest in the world and people around them. They seem kind, happy, and in love. I`m not sure on what basis we ought ask more.

"I was not born to save this world, but to live in it." -- Thoreau

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god, I'm on youtube this fine afternoon, sadly not sailing :(

What do I see?

ANOTHER FUCKING AMERICAN YOUTUBE SAILING CHANNEL, STARRING SOME LITTLE BITCH WITH A FUNNY NAME, A STUPID AS HELL CHANNEL NAME, NOW WITH A PATREON ACCOUNT!

They have only made 26 videos before this one (their 27th episode) before they "ask the community to contribute" because "they would love it" and wish they could "give us extra features the you don't get 'just watching the videos'".

This channel doesn't even go sailing in all their videos, just a handful of them unfortunately.

I won't lie, their leading star isn't exactly a supermodel either with some pretty questionable tatts and they have some nothing of a 35 foot 4ksb, but really just spend all their time gawking at other peoples boats and doing boat tours (which they have some weird fettish for windows, naturalists eh?).

Anyway, if you haven't seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPp5578PHo

I'm more of an "onlyfans" guy, but this one actually sounds pretty cool, apparently they are involved with some sailing website as well, I forget which one.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, darth reapius said:

Oh my god, I'm on youtube this fine afternoon, sadly not sailing :(

What do I see?

ANOTHER FUCKING AMERICAN YOUTUBE SAILING CHANNEL, STARRING SOME LITTLE BITCH WITH A FUNNY NAME, A STUPID AS HELL CHANNEL NAME, NOW WITH A PATREON ACCOUNT!

They have only made 26 videos before this one (their 27th episode) before they "ask the community to contribute" because "they would love it" and wish they could "give us extra features the you don't get 'just watching the videos'".

This channel doesn't even go sailing in all their videos, just a handful of them unfortunately.

I won't lie, their leading star isn't exactly a supermodel either with some pretty questionable tatts and they have some nothing of a 35 foot 4ksb, but really just spend all their time gawking at other peoples boats and doing boat tours (which they have some weird fettish for windows, naturalists eh?).

Anyway, if you haven't seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPp5578PHo

I'm more of an "onlyfans" guy, but this one actually sounds pretty cool, apparently they are involved with some sailing website as well, I forget which one.

 

Well played, DR!

Link to post
Share on other sites