Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

There is a place for this. It's PA. She refuses to go there. 

Why she insists on crapping up our pleasant little garden with this stuff I'll never understand. I can only hypothesize that the reason she won't go to PA to discuss her views is because she'd be roasted alive on the spit of her own ignorance and hypocrisy. She shits on the carpet here to troll us and because we don't put up much of a fight. After all, we'd rather discuss sailing.

I'm sailing to Maine this summer. To taunt you all, I'm going to start a Youtube channel. I'm going to strut about in all my pasty glory in nothing more than a banana hammock. I'll be sure to add my feet to Wikifeet for the podophiliacs in the group. :)  I'll make shameless plugs for money. It'll be grand. Remember Borat? Yeah, like that.

borat.jpg?ssl=1

click bait is king baby...click bait is king:ph34r:

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Or David Lynch. Twin Hulls: Water, Walk With Me. You expect to see, blurred out of their perfectly staged salon, Dennis Hopper huffing nitrous and crawling up to Nikki whimpering "Mommy mommy mommy." 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I'll wear TL's "downvote" on my post like a fucking badge of honor.

No problem, I just upvote for every downvote she and the others give on shit like this.

Same shit anyway - pick on the motes while ignoring the logs. Mind you going into Afghanistan was just fucking stupid but that was a political decision and they should be held to account. Now violations of rules, different matter, those people should have been court-martialled and if convicted, severely punished. In fact I'd go so far as to say the rule should be reduction in rank of the next two in line of command because they either permitted it, ignored it or weren't properly managing their subordinates and are liable anyway.

It's easy to be pure anyway, the Irish Army has never fought a war in its entire existence.

FKT

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Same shit anyway - pick on the motes while ignoring the logs. Mind you going into Afghanistan was just fucking stupid but that was a political decision and they should be held to account. Now violations of rules, different matter, those people should have been court-martialled and if convicted, severely punished. In fact I'd go so far as to say the rule should be reduction in rank of the next two in line of command because they either permitted it, ignored it or weren't properly managing their subordinates and are liable anyway.

There are no logs.  It's all motes, as you call them, tho the mass slaughter in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam and Indonesia and much of Latin America is no mote: it's a huge collection of monstrous logs.  The use of nuclear weapons was no mote, and the global deployment of WMD is no mote.

And blaming the commanders, whether military or civilian, is no defence.  Per the Nuremberg Principles, every soldier is individually liable.

24 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

It's easy to be pure anyway, the Irish Army has never fought a war in its entire existence.

Wrong again, FKT.  The Irish army fought a successful war from 1919-21, to drive out the British occupiers.

But having removed the occupiers, we stopped.  We didn't go invading other places.   Our troops leave Irish shores only as part of UN peacekeeping missions.

The world would be a safer place of other countries also kept their troops at home.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Yes, of course I do.  It's an attack on the character of the person, rather than a response to the substance of what they said.  That's what you did.

And your second reply is in the same vein.

I don't owe a single thing to the overseas armed killers of any empire, whether that's Russia or the UK or the USA ... apart from a lot of heartache at the piles of dead bodies they leave everywhere.

You may feel some debt to the killers if you choose ... but please do not pretend that your selective reverence for globe-trotting killers is a universal value.

I am no fan of gung-ho expeditionary militarism but I suspect that several contributors would hold that you enjoy the luxuries of democracy and liberty as a result of the overseas exploits of their countrymen on the Continent in the forties.

2L, at the risk of invoking Godwin's, do you believe that the third Reich would have enabled Ireland to become the country you currently enjoy, if they hadn't been stopped?

If so, I would be interested to know why,  as I'm deeply sceptical; if not,  then perhaps the big stick people have a point?

Cheers, 

W.

37 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

I am no fan of gung-ho expeditionary militarism but I suspect that several contributors would hold that you enjoy the luxuries of democracy and liberty as a result of the overseas exploits of their countrymen on the Continent in the forties.

2L, at the risk of invoking Godwin's, do you believe that the third Reich would have enabled Ireland to become the country you currently enjoy, if they hadn't been stopped?

If so, I would be interested to know why,  as I'm deeply sceptical; if not,  then perhaps the big stick people have a point?

A significant part of the origins of the Third Reich lay in the Allies' humiliation of Germany after WWI, especially the vindictive way they sucked out reparations on a scale which crippled Germany. The economist John Maynard Keynes warned of this in 1919.

That's just one of the many ways in which the big stick people repeatedly make things worse, by creating new grievances which lead to new cycles of conflict.  So I feel no gratitude to them for launching yet another round of slaughter in response to the chaos creed by their last round of slaughter.

Curiously, in the late 1940s, the USA seemed to have learned the lesson of Versailles very well.  Instead of asset-stripping Germany again, it poured in funds to help it rebuild peacefully.  If only they hadn't also started the Cold war with the USSR, the world could have been in a good place. 

• Downvote 1
58 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

A significant part of the origins of the Third Reich lay in the Allies' humiliation of Germany after WWI, especially the vindictive way they sucked out reparations on a scale which crippled Germany. The economist John Maynard Keynes warned of this in 1919.

That's just one of the many ways in which the big stick people repeatedly make things worse, by creating new grievances which lead to new cycles of conflict.  So I feel no gratitude to them for launching yet another round of slaughter in response to the chaos creed by their last round of slaughter.

Curiously, in the late 1940s, the USA seemed to have learned the lesson of Versailles very well.  Instead of asset-stripping Germany again, it poured in funds to help it rebuild peacefully.  If only they hadn't also started the Cold war with the USSR, the world could have been in a good place. 

I see your point,  I think,  and agree with most of it but I think your faith in human nature is much stronger than mine... I don't see Putin's rise,  for example, as a consequence of Western Imperialism and doubt that he would be constrained by a talking shop without any clout. Nor, sadly,  do I think he's alone. 

Cheers, 

W.

Ahem.

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose.  There is a forum specifically for discussing politics. We now have two topics which have escaped the PA asylum and metastasized within the CA garden (the other being the American Dumbass thread.)

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, shift to PM's, or take the discussion to PA where it belongs so that we can return to discussing topics critical to cruising sailors such as feet, bikinis, tits and bad videography production. At the very least, start a new thread dedicated to this discussion so we can avoid the political discussion and return to discussing sailing vlogs here.

Sincerely, gratefully yours,

Ajax

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

I see your point,  I think,  and agree with most of it but I think your faith in human nature is much stronger than mine... I don't see Putin's rise,  for example, as a consequence of Western Imperialism and doubt that he would be constrained by a talking shop without any clout. Nor, sadly,  do I think he's alone. 

Putin's rise is in significant part a consequence of the way that west facilitated the asset-stripping of Russia after the collapse of the USSR.  The Yeltsin era saw the rise of the oligarchs and an unprecedented fall in life expectancy, which paved the way for a strong man.

Now, Putin's aggression is being hyped as some sort of massive threat, when the reality is that Russia is still very weak.

27 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose.  There is a forum specifically for discussing politics. We now have two topics which have escaped the PA asylum and metastasized within the CA garden (the other being the American Dumbass thread.)

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, shift to PM's, or take the discussion to PA where it belongs so that we can return to discussing topics critical to cruising sailors such as feet, bikinis, tits and bad videography production. At the very least, start a new thread dedicated to this discussion so we can avoid the political discussion and return to discussing sailing vlogs here.

@Ajax, you are quite entitled to place anyone on ignore if you so choose.  Given that you and a very few others here have chosen to repeatedly make nasty personal attacks rather than express civil disagreement, your self-restraint is probably mutually beneficial ... at least until you recover your decorum.

But in this latest post you are actively trying to promote a boycott, to promote shunning.  That's very nasty behaviour.

Let other people quote or not quote whoever they like.

5 hours ago, Upp3 said:

But they use the leftovers to brew pineapple beer! That is no waste in my books. https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/fermenting-tepache

Good point. It depends I guess if you think pineapple beer is good.  Soak the pineapple in neutral sprints for a few days and serve over ice. - I might like that better. 

4 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Good point. It depends I guess if you think pineapple beer is good.  Soak the pineapple in neutral sprints for a few days and serve over ice. - I might like that better. 

Good alcoholic ingredients can be made of the most unlikely ingredients.

Many decades ago, I made a very successful tomato wine, to use up a glut at a local greengrocers.  After heavy chalking to reduce the acidity, it came out as a lovely, light white wine.  A beautiful summer drink.

The only downside was that my housemates hated the stink of all the fermenting tomatoes.

2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

@Ajax, you are quite entitled to place anyone on ignore if you so choose.  Given that you and a very few others here have chosen to repeatedly make nasty personal attacks rather than express civil disagreement, your self-restraint is probably mutually beneficial ... at least until you recover your decorum.

But in this latest post you are actively trying to promote a boycott, to promote shunning.  That's very nasty behaviour.

Let other people quote or not quote whoever they like.

FYI you have been shunned.  Get over it.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Dogscout said:

FYI you have been shunned.  Get over it.

No, Dog, it is not up to you to decide. Not to some few others.

TL actually just responded to some comments, gave her view. That is perfectly OK.

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same.   However, you for one have repeatedly told about your navy experiences. Mildly interesting, not really something for this forum - if you do, expect someone might react.

Even thought I certainly do not share all TL views, they are very well worth reading. TL is one of very few here who actually clearly knows her language, and how to use it.

Some of you should be ashamed.

//J

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Jaramaz said:

TL actually just responded to some comments, gave her view. That is perfectly OK.

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same.   However, you for one have repeatedly told about your navy experiences. Mildly interesting, not really something for this forum - if you do, expect someone might react.

Even thought I certainly do not share all TL views, they are very well worth reading. TL is one of very few here who actually clearly knows her language, and how to use it.

//J

Oh she discusses sailing. In the same combative, complaining, denigrating way that she discusses everything else.  I have zero shame for everything I've said and I'll retract not one jot.

I made a polite request to take political discussions to their designated forum. It wasn't a demand or an order. If WG and others choose to ignore me and continue to quote TL's political diarrhea all over CA, I'll have to either live with it or find somewhere else to discuss sailing.

Hell, I won't complain if people quote her sailing contributions because they belong here. I just don't need the political mess.

• Like 2

I see CA a nice cozy pub next door to a loud sports bar known as PA.  Some people in the pub have asked both politely, and less politely, for her to lower her voice on certain topics, otherwise she should go over to the sports bar to talk about those things. 

I don't have much appreciate for people who talk a lot about things of which they don't fully understand and then refuse to listen to input from those that have practical experience. I have even less time for people who throw political shades in unrelated topics and then whines when they get some stick back. 

It's Cruising Anarchy, so yeah, she's free to shit on the carpet if she wants. Just don't expect a warm reception from all of us while doing so.  From my perspective a village in Ireland wants their idiot back. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Jaramaz said:

//J

Im sorry but you are wrong.

Members of this forum come here for entertainment and in this thread they come for entertainment related to the latest Youtube video of newbie sailing along with some T&A.  Nobody but a few deranged morons come to this small little piece of the internet to hear the ramblings of someone's politics.  This is an escape not a place for some misquided Social Justice Warrior to speak out.  TwoLegged went beyond the context of the medium with personal views that DO NOT BELONG here.  members stated that and yet TWOLEGGED dug in deeper.  BS.  THIS IS ENTERTAINBMENT.  TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin.  They only matter to a few who are willing or foolish enough to follow their banter.  How is it working out for them?

TWOLEGGED has been shunned by multiple members of this forum for being a piece of shit where it does not belong.  GET OVER IT.  we dont want to hear that drivel where we look for entertainment.  It is up to me to decide who I want to be part of this.  The ignore function is great for that.  Please ignore me.  I dont give a rats ass.

Oh one other thing.  you are now on IGNORE too.  You have been shunned.  Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Dogscout said:

Im sorry but you are wrong.

Members of this forum come here for entertainment and in this thread they come for entertainment related to the latest Youtube video of newbie sailing along with some T&A.  Nobody but a few deranged morons come to this small little piece of the internet to hear the ramblings of someone's politics.  This is an escape not a place for some misquided Social Justice Warrior to speak out.  TwoLegged went beyond the context of the medium with personal views that DO NOT BELONG here.  members stated that and yet TWOLEGGED dug in deeper.  BS.  THIS IS ENTERTAINBMENT.  TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin.  They only matter to a few who are willing or foolish enough to follow their banter.  How is it working out for them?

TWOLEGGED has been shunned by multiple members of this forum for being a piece of shit where it does not belong.  GET OVER IT.  we dont want to hear that drivel where we look for entertainment.  It is up to me to decide who I want to be part of this.  The ignore function is great for that.  Please ignore me.  I dont give a rats ass.

Colin Kaepernick. Kathy Griffin. 

If you can't spell their names don't bring them up, especially if you're going to diss them. 

Thanks a bunch. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Colin Kaepernick. Kathy Griffin. 

If you can't spell their names don't bring them up, especially if you're going to diss them. 

Thanks a bunch. 

So you now understand how much I give a fuck about them.  Get over it.

1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

I prefer mangoes... Now about that papaya!

csplay.jpg

Now that I've uncrossed my eyes, is this a YT sailing channel or just some random photo that you stumbled on?  It reminds me of the end scenes from Austin Powers:

AP.jpg.57a7822708cfd6621152ae99b619a7a3.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ajax said:

Now that I've uncrossed my eyes, is this a YT sailing channel or just some random photo that you stumbled on?  It reminds me of the end scenes from Austin Powers:

No that is actually a real sailing couple 'out there, doing it' somewhere in the S. Pacific. I knew the guy from St Croix. Prize from my desk for anyone who can guess.

Not much of a challenge but here is a hint...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

No that is actually a real sailing couple 'out there, doing it' somewhere in the S. Pacific. I knew the guy from St Croix. Prize from my desk for anyone who can guess.

Not much of a challenge but here is a hint...

Jack Petith, Newick Native trimaran Naga

http://dicknewickboats.com/naga/

http://www.trimaran-naga.com/Saga_of_Naga_en.pdf

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ajax said:

Ahem.

Sincerely, gratefully yours,

Ajax

You don't want to pick and choose what counts as political or not. If you don't want people calling out obvious BS hero worship, then don't post that. But don't blame people for seeing it for what it is. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Dogscout said:

Oh one other thing.  you are now on IGNORE too.  You have been shunned.  Get over it.

Woohoo, I have been put on ignore. Insignificant & harmless me. 

Doesn't this, @Ajax  say something?

And @Elegua you state some things about a nice and cozy pub. Since when is ignoring and and calling others idiots nice and cozy?
In that nice and cozy pub, what do you do with the member who insists telling war stories++  which disturbs the lady who just want to discuss sailing?  And when the lady confronts the bully .... you side up with the bully? Is that nice?

Actually, personally I could be happy without the war stories as well as the politics here in this sailing forum. But war stories are about politics, and how we all handle politics - finally we cannot blame any other. 

//J

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dogscout said:

TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin.

I have never heard of Cathy Griffin, but I am honoured to keep company with Colin Kaepernick, if that's the label you want to put on me.

However, it is odd to see someone denouncing discussion of politics in this forum, and then opening up the whole BLM debate.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jaramaz said:

Woohoo, I have been put on ignore. Insignificant & harmless me. 

Doesn't this, @Ajax  say something?

And @Elegua you state some things about a nice and cozy pub. Since when is ignoring and and calling others idiots nice and cozy?
In that nice and cozy pub, what do you do with the member who insists telling war stories++  which disturbs the lady who just want to discuss sailing?  And when the lady confronts the bully .... you side up with the bully? Is that nice?

Actually, personally I could be happy without the war stories as well as the politics here in this sailing forum. But war stories are about politics, and how we all handle politics - finally we cannot blame any other. 

//J

As I wrote, and you failed to read, people have asked for a cease and desist. And if one persists in slinging shit, expect shit back.  Expect for people to ask you to leave or shut-up. 

Who is telling war stories? I'm reading something about England doing old well and then I have to re-read a bowdlerized version English colonial history.  

"And when the lady confronts the bully .... you side up with the bully?" Patronize much?  Hey, TL, there's a night in shining armor to defend you. I'm sure you need it. /s

9 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Who is telling war stories? I'm reading something about England doing old well and then I have to re-read a bowdlerized version English colonial history.  

Elegua, it is a matter of historical fact that England has not had major land battles on its territory since the 17th century, and that most of those Civil War battles were in rural locations.  That's why so much old stuff has survived compared with other countries which had wars fought on their territory.

If that doesn't interest you, fine.  But your outrage at that being mentioned in the context of a discussion on old buildings is odd.

With local cheap wood and workforce I would just build new one. Something smaller and more seaworthy, like one of those 13 metre pilotcutters if I had to stay in "oldschool".

I have seen old international rule boat restorations that were deemed to be "stupid" where boat was in better condition than this.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jaramaz said:

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same. 

Actually that is not the case. A few of the shit-fights have started in response to two-legs posting inflammatory rubbish then whining when she gets serious push-back on it.

My attitude is this - if the matter is sailing, I will play nice. If someone drags in matters that belong in PA, then I'm going to play by PA rules. And if they attack my country over arrant bullshit, then the gloves come off. Don't like that? Don't bring it here.

FKT

• Like 4

FKT sums it up nicely for me. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

I'm not trying to censor or boycott her. She can take her political trash to PA and have at it. She can talk sailing in this forum all day long, I just won't participate because she's on Ignore. This "Help, help! I'm being oppressed by the patriarchy!" is such bullshit.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Ajax said:

This "Help, help! I'm being oppressed by the patriarchy!" is such bullshit.

I agree with that sentiment but @TwoLegged never said anything of the sort.  You are just flinging bullshit in righteous anger, yet free to prattle on.  She is also free, that's anarchy.

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

FKT sums it up nicely for me. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

FKT believes that on certain topics he is entitled to comment as he pleases, and to engage in direct personal attacks in response to a point-of-view with which he disagrees.  It seems that Ajax agrees with this approach that some topics are acceptable here so long as they approve of the views expressed: hero-worship military is fine, critiquing it is evil and may be met with repeated personal insult.

I have been around the block long enough that this isn't the first time I have seen that sort of approach.  It's usually accompanied by fists, but mercifully this is online, so that dimension is thankfully missing.

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I'm not trying to censor or boycott her

Not true.  You are actively promoting a boycott

10 hours ago, Ajax said:

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose

10 hours ago, Ajax said:

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, 

... and you are being backed by Dogscout's barrages of personal abuse

5 hours ago, Dogscout said:

a few deranged morons [snip]  ramblings of someone's politics [snip]  misquided Social Justice Warrior to speak out [snip] TwoLegged went beyond the context of the medium with personal views that DO NOT BELONG here [snip] TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin [snip]

TWOLEGGED has been shunned by multiple members of this forum for being a piece of shit where it does not belong.

If that's who y'all wanna be, then so be it.  But it would be better for you to own what you are up to

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Ajax said:

Good lord...them thighs.

Those are the first things I put aside... Just sayin':rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

FKT believes that on certain topics he is entitled to comment as he pleases, and to engage in direct personal attacks in response to a point-of-view with which he disagrees.  It seems that Ajax agrees with this approach that some topics are acceptable here so long as they approve of the views expressed: hero-worship military is fine, critiquing it is evil and may be met with repeated personal insult.

I have been around the block long enough that this isn't the first time I have seen that sort of approach.  It's usually accompanied by fists, but mercifully this is online, so that dimension is thankfully missing.

That's the second time - at least - that you've implied that I'm a person who would resort to violence. I let it go the first time because I'd obviously got under your skin and you were flailing about desperately trying to drag in an entire net full of red herrings.

Not this time. Quote a single post of mine where I've explicitly threatened or implied that I'd ever take an argument offline to a personal physical attack.

You cannot do it because I never have. And that's in both senses of 'never have'. I've never made any threats of real-world violence, explicit or implied, here or anywhere else on the net, ever. Nor have I done so in any face to face situation in the real world, ever. That's a categorical NEVER, not any weasel word statement.

Now back up your claim, or apologise and shut up on it.

The only one bringing the possibility of real-world physical violence into the discussion is you, in a pathetic attempt to play the victim card. If that actually reflects your real-world experience, you need to start associating with a better class of human being.

FKT

4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's the second time - at least - that you've implied that I'm a person who would resort to violence. I let it go the first time because I'd obviously got under your skin and you were flailing about desperately trying to drag in an entire net full of red herrings.

FKT, please read what I actually wrote. I described the context in which I have seen such aggressive shut-down techniques elsewhere.  I specifically noted that it does NOT apply here.

But I am interested to see how your response here includes yet more aggression, insult and personal attack. If you think that apologies are due, you can start by apologising for your barrages of personal attacks.

And no, I am not "playing the victim card"; I am challenging you to behave better.  I am noting the high levels of verbal aggression which some people are displaying, including you, repeatedly choose to display to those with whom you disagree. If you don't like your verbal aggression being noted, it is of course open to you to desist from the aggression.

And yes, in the real world I take care not to associate with people who engage in your style of verbal aggression.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I prefer mangoes... Now about that papaya!

csplay.jpg

She looks like a lot of fun! And there's not a damn thing wrong with her thighs.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, IStream said:

She looks like a lot of fun! And there's not a damn thing wrong with her thighs.

Not at all. It was a compliment not a criticism. With all the soft porn on the YT sailing channels, I'm very "meh" about women these days but for some reason,  this one grabs my attention.  She's lovely.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

This explosion of soft porn makes me wonder if i have bene transported back to the 1970s.  And not in a good way.

There’s a very good reason Victorian-era scientists, philosophers and social thinkers created the useful fiction of the linear progress of history, almost an inevitability. (A fiction with which we still live today indeed it underpins about everything. History marches in, inexorably forward and with progress: we’re “better” than our Simian ancestors, therefore all history is the story of progress.)

We don’t want to go back to the ‘70s, with free love, groovy music and good drugs.  That’s bad.

26 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

We don’t want to go back to the ‘70s, with free love, groovy music and good drugs.  That’s bad.

If we could do it without the venereal disease, I'd be game. 

Oh, the clothes have to go too. The clothes were horrible. I still have nightmares of the corduroy jeans my mother put me in as a kid. I think the 70's hair and beards have already made a comeback so it seems like we're partially there already.

45 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I'm not a great fan of 70s music. The 60s was better.

Weed is now more available than in the 70s, for those who are into that stuff. Higher-grade hallucinogens are now less available.

Plus, as Ajax say, the 70s clothes.  Shudder.

And the whole "free love" era wasn't so great for women.  As Germaine Greer put it, it meant that a date now involved being shagged, plus you paid half the bill. 

On 1/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Jim in Halifax said:

So back to babes cruising and panhandling in hot places please!

For fuck’s sake, they’re not panhandling. They’ve got swishy YouTube channels for documenting absolutely epic adventures (and pizza recipes to pair with subtly aerated wine, it’s true) in inestimably exotic locales for our benefit.  That shit doesn’t come cheap.  Cut them some slack - don’t be so cheap!  They’re suffering just like everyone else!!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, IStream said:

It was "free love" not "free rape".

You should try the Ignore button. It's bliss.

2 hours ago, Ajax said:
3 hours ago, IStream said:

It was "free love" not "free rape".

You should try the Ignore button. It's bliss.

After hundreds of posts perving over tits, it's interesting to see the hostility to a one-line comment about a feminist perspective.

• Like 1

It's interesting that you view my response as hostility to feminism. It's just the opposite.

Does a feminist passively accept "being shagged" as an obligation or does a feminist express agency and both consent to and participate in the act as an equal partner?

5 minutes ago, IStream said:

It's interesting that you view my response as hostility to feminism. It's just the opposite.

Does a feminist passively accept "being shagged" as an obligation or does a feminist express agency and both consent to and participate in the act as an equal partner?

Consent is more complex than simply a binary choice between rape and not-rape.

6 minutes ago, IStream said:

Or - gasp, shock, horror - actually seek out an attractive mate and invite them to share her bed without waiting to be asked first?

FKT

You have to realize there are few countries that are brutally misogynistic and have such warped views on sexuality as Ireland. The Philippines comes to mind, but they never sent anyone away. 

don't wanna go back to the 70s? How bout 69 then. It's Friday, I have no illusion of progress, these 'get to the marina in my dinghy videos' are painfully boring...

and most of all, this thread could use some music even if its got fuck all to do with sailing in a warm place

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Elegua said:

You have to realize there are few countries that are brutally misogynistic and have such warped views on sexuality as Ireland. The Philippines comes to mind, but they never sent anyone away. 

Can't disagree with that. 

Wait, this has the makings of a play, packed with all the excitement and good humor of Glengarry Glenross:  Irishwoman comes to website full of old men, to a thread titled "Girl with Patreon account goes sailing in hot place," in order to put them in line...

17 minutes ago, Elegua said:

We had about a century of a highly misogynistic collusion between church and state, which we are in the process of unravelling.  The publication last week of a major report into the vicious so-called "mother and baby homes" has prompted fierce debate about what drove the abuse ... and the piles of dead bodies, and the hordes of imprisoned women.

We have moved on a long way from the 20th-century repression, and on most indices Ireland is now significantly less misogynist than other developed nations -- e.g. the 2019 WPS Index puts Ireland at 16th out of 167 countries.  That's ahead of the USA and Australia, but behind e.g. Canada and Norway. 

Our history is utterly appalling, but outsiders are often aware of the sped of change in the last 50 years.

• Like 2

Good news: A quick look around YouTubeWorld suggests that guys and girls today are hanging out together in harmony, keeping it light, and having a Hell of a lot of fun - a lot like we did in the 60s, 70s and 80s!

24 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Wait, this has the makings of a play, packed with all the excitement and good humor of Glengarry Glenross:  Irishwoman comes to website full of old men, to a thread titled "Girl with Patreon account goes sailing in hot place," in order to put them in line...

In reality: Irish woman makes a one-line comment, and a small bunch of the men who have been perving over tits pile on to mansplain feminism, consent and misogyny while bemoaning the utter antisocial horror that anyone would express dissent. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Tried searching for “hens begging for cock”, but this is all I could find.

IIRC, LB15 recommends pornhub for vids like that...

FKT

2 hours ago, Elegua said:

Philippines probably never sent their pregnant unwed daughters into a slave institution to be worked, have their baby taken off of them and in far too many cases, either died or were killed and just - buried & forgotten either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalene_Laundries_in_Ireland

FKT

10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Philippines probably never sent their pregnant unwed daughters into a slave institution to be worked, have their baby taken off of them and in far too many cases, either died or were killed and just - buried & forgotten either.

FKT

No, they didn't. 

5 minutes ago, Elegua said:

No, they didn't. 

Ah well, coffee break is over, time to get back to epoxy and f/g.

After 10+ years, a round tuit mysteriously appeared yesterday and now the high speed milling head on my baby toolroom mill is mounted and fully functional. It's amazing what you'll do to avoid dealing with fibreglass.

That paragraph is just as relevant to the topic as the current shit-fight on this thread. I'm getting bored, can we have some more nautical tits & arses please?

Carry on.

FKT

3 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ah well, coffee break is over, time to get back to epoxy and f/g.

After 10+ years, a round tuit mysteriously appeared yesterday and now the high speed milling head on my baby toolroom mill is mounted and fully functional. It's amazing what you'll do to avoid dealing with fibreglass.

That paragraph is just as relevant to the topic as the current shit-fight on this thread. I'm getting bored, can we have some more nautical tits & arses please?

Carry on.

FKT

Sadly, I only like the tit-free ones.  Does that make me abe normal? 

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
3 hours ago, Elegua said:

Good to see you been doing some homework, FKT.  Horrors like the Magdalene Laundries, the industrial schools, the Mother&Baby Homes, and the County Homes need as much exposure as possible.  Wherever on earth this sort of repression happens, it needs to be exposed, denounced, stopped, and reparations made ... so well done raising this one.

I am sure that your new-found concern for exposing human rights abuses will eventually lead to you changing tack on your defensive rage about criticism of Australia's despicable record withy the stolen generations.  Your concern there was outrage that anyone dared to agree with the conclusion of the govt inquiry and of the Australian Human Rights Commission that it was genocide ... but it's good to see that the new FKT has moved on so rapidly from his irate genocide denial and is now busy denouncing misogynist oppression. Thank you!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I am sure that your new-found concern for exposing human rights abuses will eventually lead to you changing tack on your defensive rage about criticism of Australia's despicable record withy the stolen generations.

Please, for the rest of us, let go of the cynicism and find some peace. This thread isn't about that. There are other threads that will happily engage with you about stuff like this. But not here.  We aren't "man-splaining" or anything else - just simply asking you to STOP.  Please.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Israel Hands said:

Please, for the rest of us, let go of the cynicism and find some peace. This thread isn't about that. There are other threads that will happily engage with you about stuff like this. But not here.  We aren't "man-splaining" or anything else - just simply asking you to STOP.  Please.

I think you're wasting your time asking her. She's a lost cause. The sort of person who, were I unfortunate enough to be stuck next to them at a dinner party or in a bar, I'd excuse myself to go to the bathroom and keep right on going.

She still thinks I was angry about the Aussie thing. Wrong as usual. Somewhere between annoyed at her wilful ignorance and bemused that a resident of a country with her human rights record would think to raise something she knew nothing about and refused to learn anything about. Which is why I dropped it rather than quote from my library of books written by people who actually lived at the time and recorded first-hand accounts. Unlike Pilger.

Still happy to drop it but she won't. Funny how being on the losing side of an argument makes some people double down. Whatever.

Anyway, 4 castors welded to the feet of a small steel work bench so that's another job off the list while I wait for the current batch of epoxy to go off. Unfortunately I can see sanding in a Tyvek overall in my near future.

Gratuitous anchorage shot - no other boats and no argumentative numpties. I'll be back there in a couple days. Or somewhere with similar crowds.

FKT

anchorage.jpg