Jump to content

Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place


Recommended Posts

On 1/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, Diarmuid said:

Slice o' cheesecake from the PG-rated Wynns on Curiosity:

If you pass the 'Nikki in a bralette' cardiac stress test, the 'Nikki threatens her thumb with a machete' stress test might do for you instead. (Spoiler alert: She's pretty handy with the chopper.)

Meh, wouldn't get hired as an intern at the local wet market. Such a big knife for such a small job. Wastes too much pineapple as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Or David Lynch. Twin Hulls: Water, Walk With Me. You expect to see, blurred out of their perfectly staged salon, Dennis Hopper huffing nitrous and crawling up to Nikki whimpering "Mommy mommy mommy." 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TwoLegged said:

It's another round of the men-who-travelled-around-the-world-to-kill-people-whine-about-feeling-bad show.

You glib reply is not cool. If you had bothered to watch/listen, the guy was a rescue swimmer, not a combat operative. Regardless, PTSD is like most mental illness - treatment and research is woefully underfunded.  PTSD is life-threatening and suicide rates are unacceptably high. You may be a confirmed pacifist, but at least acknowledge that even your unarmed Irish Garda or the fire brigade or any other first responders are not safe from PTSD. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

You glib reply is not cool. If you had bothered to watch/listen, the guy was a rescue swimmer, not a combat operative. Regardless, PTSD is like most mental illness - treatment and research is woefully underfunded.  PTSD is life-threatening and suicide rates are unacceptably high. You may be a confirmed pacifist, but at least acknowledge that even your unarmed Irish Garda or the fire brigade or any other first responders are not safe from PTSD. 

Most people in any military service are not combat personnel.  But he was still part of a massive machine which wanders the globe attacking people.

PTSD is of course real, and horrible.  But I have little sympathy for those traumatised by participation in terror gangs of any description.

And BTW, I am not a pacifist.  I support the right of self-defence, but I distinguish between defence and deploying armed forces abroad.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

It's another round of the men-who-travelled-around-the-world-to-kill-people-whine-about-feeling-bad show.

JFC, that is just the worst.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, TwoLegged said:

Twice on visits to difft parts of northern England, I have been out for a walk on the sides of a valley only to have jet fighters scream though very close, below me.  On both occasions, the planes were less than 200 feet way at their closest, and on each occasion, the planes were actually below me.

Low-flying is one of the RAF's specialities, but it is appallingly intrusive.  On each occasion it completely spoilt my day out; I just turned back.

That's one of the many reasons I am glad that the Irish Air Corps has no jet aircraft (apart from than a passenger jet).  It means that our countryside is not disrupted by such military willy-waggling.

Went to the air show a few years ago. It was held off the beach at Bray, Co. Wicklow. A nice long promenade for the spectators and the aircraft doing their stuff a couple of miles out to sea, presumably to minimise casualties in the event of an unplanned catastrophe.

So we travelled by boat and loitered offshore, right under the play area.

All very cool and impressive, fancy manoeuvres, high-speed turns, close flying etc.

A Saab Viggen (I think) came down the coast and went vertical. Right over us, so we were looking up his tailpipe.

The noise was such that i could feel my whole body tremble.

Spectacular.

R116 goes out over my house most weekends for training around Lambay and Dublin Bay. Always brings Dara Fitzpatrick to mind. Have to say I don’t mind that noise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ajax said:

JFC, that is just the worst.  

No, the worst bit is the stuff like My Lai or Fallujah or Gitmo or the black prisons or the USS Vincennes

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Black Sox said:

R116 goes out over my house most weekends for training around Lambay and Dublin Bay. Always brings Dara Fitzpatrick to mind. Have to say I don’t mind that noise.

I regularly spend a bit of time at a house that R118 uses a navigational aid, and I too don't mind it.   It's intrusive, but orders of magnitude less so than low-flying jets ... and it's also not threatening.  The rescue helicopters aren't practising to bomb or shoot anyone

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

No, the worst bit is the stuff like My Lai or Fallujah or Gitmo or the black prisons or the USS Vincennes

And the four Blackwater mercenaries Trump pardoned last month and all the innocent wedding parties obliterated by drones.

Shock And Dismay After Trump Pardons Blackwater Guards Who Killed 14 Iraqi Civilians
December 23, 2020
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/23/949679837/shock-and-dismay-after-trump-pardons-blackwater-guards-who-killed-14-iraqi-civil

Quote

Nicholas Slatten, Paul Slough, Evan Liberty and Dustin Heard were convicted six years ago in the killing of 14 Iraqi civilians and the wounding of 17 others. Witnesses described how the American men ambushed the civilians unprovoked, firing on Baghdad's Nisour Square with heavy gunfire and grenade launchers.

The massacre took place in 2007, when the four were working as guards for Blackwater, a private military contractor, on an assignment in Baghdad. They claimed they were fired on, but prosecutors said the Blackwater guards opened fire first. Slatten, whom prosecutors said started the shooting, was sentenced to life in prison.

There is a very dark side to many who are attracted to using weapons, including too many cops.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

No, the worst bit is the stuff like My Lai or Fallujah or Gitmo or the black prisons or the USS Vincennes

You understand that when we enlist, nearly all of us do it with the intent of self-defense of our nation? We don't do it to "wander the globe and kill."

You understand that once we've taken the oath we're not given the luxury of choosing our missions? "Uhh...skipper? This seems more like aggression than self-defense. I'll sit this one out."  

If you want to hang the blame for our foreign policy failures on our political leaders who send us out on these misadventures, I'm game for that. Blaming the lowly enlisted people who get caught up in the gears of this machine while trying to uphold their oath is bullshit. 

Your worldview is so warped and twisted as to be impossible to find common ground with. Talking with you is toxic and even when discussing sailing you are perpetually combative and contrary towards practically everyone. I gain ZERO fucking benefit from interacting with you.

Into the "Ignore" bin you go, along with Cristoforo and all the other SA deplorables.

  • Like 8
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ajax said:

You understand that when we enlist, nearly all of us do it with the intent of self-defense of our nation? We don't do it to "wander the globe and kill."

You understand that once we've taken the oath we're not given the luxury of choosing our missions? "Uhh...skipper? This seems more like aggression than self-defense. I'll sit this one out."  

If you want to hang the blame for our foreign policy failures on our political leaders who send us out on these misadventures, I'm game for that. Blaming the lowly enlisted people who get caught up in the gears of this machine while trying to uphold their oath is bullshit.

^^^ This.

As one of those Commie Pinko Canuks, I have seldom been a fan of US foreign policy (a good American friend said it should be call "foreign expediency") but I am a realist and realize someone has to wield 'the big stick'. But more to the point: Ajax is 110% correct when he admonishes Two Legs and says to blame the politicians, not the enlisted man. I think this is absolutely fair in first world countries not subject to military juntas.The man in uniform has to follow the orders that come down the chain of command that ultimately originates from a civilian power. If you are going to talk My Lai, that shit is the realm of war crime, not soldiers doing their sworn duty. I know this is Sailing Anarchy but this shit really belongs in PA. So back to babes cruising and panhandling in hot places please!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ajax said:

You understand that when we enlist, nearly all of us do it with the intent of self-defense of our nation? We don't do it to "wander the globe and kill."

You understand that once we've taken the oath we're not given the luxury of choosing our missions? "Uhh...skipper? This seems more like aggression than self-defense. I'll sit this one out."  

Ajax, are you seriously trying to tell me that people who enlist in the US armed services do not know that they may be deployed overseas, including possibly engaging in armed combat overseas?

I don't want to presume any answer ... but if you are saying that, then you are saying that those who enlist in the US armed services are spectacularly dumb or uninformed people who have grown up completely unaware of what their armed forces do.

OTOH, if they did know, then they signed up knowing the scope of what they might  be asked to do.  There's no point in blaming political leaders, because at the insistence of both the UK and the USA, the "I was only obeying orders" defence is no defence, path or no oath: see the Nuremberg principles.

It is very sad that you call this "twisted".  The principles of responsibility for actions, and of not waging wars of aggression, are principles of international law which the USA used to actively uphold ... but you think that they are twisted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim, the notion that "someone has to wield 'the big stick'" is a point-of-view you are entitled to hold.  It is not a point of fact or realism, but a political choice.  If you choose to back people who go around beating others with big sticks, that's your choice.

3 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

The man in uniform has to follow the orders that come down the chain of command that ultimately originates from a civilian power

Not so, Jim.

See the Nuremberg principles, esp Principle 1 "Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment" ... and Principle IV "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elegua said:

Meh, wouldn't get hired as an intern at the local wet market. Such a big knife for such a small job. Wastes too much pineapple as well. 

Apparently has other assets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

Apparently has other assets.

Ack! What is it with you people and feet? To me, feet are the least sexy part of the human body.

True story- I was working the late shift at a job around 20 years ago. Nothing to do late at night except browse the web. My co-worker had left his terminal unlocked and when I wandered by, I saw the screen was full of feet!

When he came back, I asked him about it. He just shrugged and said he thought feet were really sexy and turned him on. Now we have Wikifeet? LOL...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

But he was still part of a massive machine which wanders the globe attacking people.

And thanks to those people, anybody can SAFELY post shit about them from their couch. And you know what? Most of them are happy with that, it means they've done their job well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

And thanks to those people, anybody can SAFELY post shit about them from their couch. And you know what? Most of them are happy with that, it means they've done their job well.

I'll wear TL's "downvote" on my post like a fucking badge of honor.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TwoLegged said:

Jim, the notion that "someone has to wield 'the big stick'" is a point-of-view you are entitled to hold.  It is not a point of fact or realism, but a political choice.  If you choose to back people who go around beating others with big sticks, that's your choice.

Not so, Jim.

See the Nuremberg principles, esp Principle 1 "Any person who commits an act which constitutes a crime under international law is responsible therefor and liable to punishment" ... and Principle IV "The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him".

You are so fucking clueless, it's almost sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chuso007 said:
3 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

But he was still part of a massive machine which wanders the globe attacking people.

And thanks to those people, anybody can SAFELY post shit about them from their couch. And you know what? Most of them are happy with that, it means they've done their job well.

If you think that anyone is safer because of My Lai, the Fallujah Massacre, the USS Vincennes shooting down of a civilian airliner etc, then I have a bridge to sell you.

The US invasions of Guatamala and Afghanistan haven't made anyone safer.  The US invasion of Iraq destabilised much of the middle east. The US attacks on Cuba and the Philippines haven't made anyone safer or freer.

I get that you want to think your country is the good guys.  But drop the slogans, and look at the facts.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chuso007 said:

You are so fucking clueless, it's almost sad.

Another ad hominem attack doesnt surprise me, and don't worry me.  It's a common response from those with no substantive argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a place for this. It's PA. She refuses to go there. 

Why she insists on crapping up our pleasant little garden with this stuff I'll never understand. I can only hypothesize that the reason she won't go to PA to discuss her views is because she'd be roasted alive on the spit of her own ignorance and hypocrisy. She shits on the carpet here to troll us and because we don't put up much of a fight. After all, we'd rather discuss sailing.

I'm sailing to Maine this summer. To taunt you all, I'm going to start a Youtube channel. I'm going to strut about in all my pasty glory in nothing more than a banana hammock. I'll be sure to add my feet to Wikifeet for the podophiliacs in the group. :)  I'll make shameless plugs for money. It'll be grand. Remember Borat? Yeah, like that.

 

borat.jpg?ssl=1

  • Like 6
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you even know what "Ad hominem" means?

The truth is I don't think you are able to understand what you owe to the many military you insulted above, so I won't waste my time. Do you think you can insult people and no one's entitled to respond to you?

Join the ignored trash bin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ajax said:

There is a place for this. It's PA. She refuses to go there. 

Why she insists on crapping up our pleasant little garden with this stuff I'll never understand.

I didn't start this.  I posted in reply to a post about military people.

If people don't want discussion about military matters, then don't post about military matters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, European Bloke said:

This is thread drift even by local standards.

Lord knows, I’m trying to keep the focus on the most extraordinary revelation in this whole thread, the feet thing.  I’m simply without words. If that were my thing, I’d be footloose and fancy free, but it’s not.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Do you even know what "Ad hominem" means?

Yes, of course I do.  It's an attack on the character of the person, rather than a response to the substance of what they said.  That's what you did.

And your second reply is in the same vein.

34 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

The truth is I don't think you are able to understand what you owe to the many military you insulted above, so I won't waste my time. Do you think you can insult people and no one's entitled to respond to you?

I don't owe a single thing to the overseas armed killers of any empire, whether that's Russia or the UK or the USA ... apart from a lot of heartache at the piles of dead bodies they leave everywhere.

You may feel some debt to the killers if you choose ... but please do not pretend that your selective reverence for globe-trotting killers is a universal value.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been hearing about the feet thing all my life.  I still don't get it.  Although I can suppose that so many of us have gnarly twisted feet that the sight of well-formed ones might fascinate some.  But from what I gather, that's not even the thing.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toddster said:

I've been hearing about the feet thing all my life.  I still don't get it.  Although I can suppose that so many of us have gnarly twisted feet that the sight of well-formed ones might fascinate some.  But from what I gather, that's not even the thing.   

I truly count this as extraordinary and on-topic as it goes to the heart or at least touches on the themes Dylan raises with his first post in this sprawling thread - the commoditization of “the girl with Patreon account who goes sailing in warm place”.  Imagine that you become a social media influencer, you become public property in a sense, that’s what you signed up for, you’re plastered all over the Internet - and before you know it your feet are being rated or worshipped on a website called wikifeet (to the extent that someone notices the sweat stains on the bottom of your shoes and comments on your wikifeet page, with a picture of said stain.

Girl with Patreon account goes sailing in warm place indeed.  It’s created a monster. But many choose to enter this world willingly.

Meanwhile, someone dares to question the US military, the biggest armed gang in the world.  They’re like biker gangs, and stick together.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Yes, of course I do.  It's an attack on the character of the person, rather than a response to the substance of what they said.  That's what you did.

And in the case of the village idiot is it still the an attack on the character? 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

There is a place for this. It's PA. She refuses to go there. 

Why she insists on crapping up our pleasant little garden with this stuff I'll never understand. I can only hypothesize that the reason she won't go to PA to discuss her views is because she'd be roasted alive on the spit of her own ignorance and hypocrisy. She shits on the carpet here to troll us and because we don't put up much of a fight. After all, we'd rather discuss sailing.

I'm sailing to Maine this summer. To taunt you all, I'm going to start a Youtube channel. I'm going to strut about in all my pasty glory in nothing more than a banana hammock. I'll be sure to add my feet to Wikifeet for the podophiliacs in the group. :)  I'll make shameless plugs for money. It'll be grand. Remember Borat? Yeah, like that.

 

borat.jpg?ssl=1

click bait is king baby...click bait is king:ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I'll wear TL's "downvote" on my post like a fucking badge of honor.

No problem, I just upvote for every downvote she and the others give on shit like this.

Same shit anyway - pick on the motes while ignoring the logs. Mind you going into Afghanistan was just fucking stupid but that was a political decision and they should be held to account. Now violations of rules, different matter, those people should have been court-martialled and if convicted, severely punished. In fact I'd go so far as to say the rule should be reduction in rank of the next two in line of command because they either permitted it, ignored it or weren't properly managing their subordinates and are liable anyway.

It's easy to be pure anyway, the Irish Army has never fought a war in its entire existence.

FKT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Same shit anyway - pick on the motes while ignoring the logs. Mind you going into Afghanistan was just fucking stupid but that was a political decision and they should be held to account. Now violations of rules, different matter, those people should have been court-martialled and if convicted, severely punished. In fact I'd go so far as to say the rule should be reduction in rank of the next two in line of command because they either permitted it, ignored it or weren't properly managing their subordinates and are liable anyway.

There are no logs.  It's all motes, as you call them, tho the mass slaughter in Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam and Indonesia and much of Latin America is no mote: it's a huge collection of monstrous logs.  The use of nuclear weapons was no mote, and the global deployment of WMD is no mote.

And blaming the commanders, whether military or civilian, is no defence.  Per the Nuremberg Principles, every soldier is individually liable.

24 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

It's easy to be pure anyway, the Irish Army has never fought a war in its entire existence.

Wrong again, FKT.  The Irish army fought a successful war from 1919-21, to drive out the British occupiers.

But having removed the occupiers, we stopped.  We didn't go invading other places.   Our troops leave Irish shores only as part of UN peacekeeping missions.

The world would be a safer place of other countries also kept their troops at home.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Works for some

He's crashing and burning. Has nothing to say. The ATVDR  ( Ass/Tits Volume  Displacement Ratio) is going way up
with the latest bimbo. I think I even saw some cellulite. Sloppy editing. But still in the acceptable range!  Im not sure YT yachting advertisers are attracted to his demographic 
which has become horny 13-17 year old boys watching on their Ipad under their bed covers in their parents house. They are not typical
catamaran buyers or using Skill Share.  

  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Yes, of course I do.  It's an attack on the character of the person, rather than a response to the substance of what they said.  That's what you did.

And your second reply is in the same vein.

I don't owe a single thing to the overseas armed killers of any empire, whether that's Russia or the UK or the USA ... apart from a lot of heartache at the piles of dead bodies they leave everywhere.

You may feel some debt to the killers if you choose ... but please do not pretend that your selective reverence for globe-trotting killers is a universal value.

 I am no fan of gung-ho expeditionary militarism but I suspect that several contributors would hold that you enjoy the luxuries of democracy and liberty as a result of the overseas exploits of their countrymen on the Continent in the forties.

2L, at the risk of invoking Godwin's, do you believe that the third Reich would have enabled Ireland to become the country you currently enjoy, if they hadn't been stopped?

 If so, I would be interested to know why,  as I'm deeply sceptical; if not,  then perhaps the big stick people have a point?

Cheers, 

               W.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

I am no fan of gung-ho expeditionary militarism but I suspect that several contributors would hold that you enjoy the luxuries of democracy and liberty as a result of the overseas exploits of their countrymen on the Continent in the forties.

2L, at the risk of invoking Godwin's, do you believe that the third Reich would have enabled Ireland to become the country you currently enjoy, if they hadn't been stopped?

 If so, I would be interested to know why,  as I'm deeply sceptical; if not,  then perhaps the big stick people have a point?

A significant part of the origins of the Third Reich lay in the Allies' humiliation of Germany after WWI, especially the vindictive way they sucked out reparations on a scale which crippled Germany. The economist John Maynard Keynes warned of this in 1919.

That's just one of the many ways in which the big stick people repeatedly make things worse, by creating new grievances which lead to new cycles of conflict.  So I feel no gratitude to them for launching yet another round of slaughter in response to the chaos creed by their last round of slaughter.

Curiously, in the late 1940s, the USA seemed to have learned the lesson of Versailles very well.  Instead of asset-stripping Germany again, it poured in funds to help it rebuild peacefully.  If only they hadn't also started the Cold war with the USSR, the world could have been in a good place. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

A significant part of the origins of the Third Reich lay in the Allies' humiliation of Germany after WWI, especially the vindictive way they sucked out reparations on a scale which crippled Germany. The economist John Maynard Keynes warned of this in 1919.

That's just one of the many ways in which the big stick people repeatedly make things worse, by creating new grievances which lead to new cycles of conflict.  So I feel no gratitude to them for launching yet another round of slaughter in response to the chaos creed by their last round of slaughter.

Curiously, in the late 1940s, the USA seemed to have learned the lesson of Versailles very well.  Instead of asset-stripping Germany again, it poured in funds to help it rebuild peacefully.  If only they hadn't also started the Cold war with the USSR, the world could have been in a good place. 

I see your point,  I think,  and agree with most of it but I think your faith in human nature is much stronger than mine... I don't see Putin's rise,  for example, as a consequence of Western Imperialism and doubt that he would be constrained by a talking shop without any clout. Nor, sadly,  do I think he's alone. 

 Cheers, 

               W.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahem.

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose.  There is a forum specifically for discussing politics. We now have two topics which have escaped the PA asylum and metastasized within the CA garden (the other being the American Dumbass thread.)

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, shift to PM's, or take the discussion to PA where it belongs so that we can return to discussing topics critical to cruising sailors such as feet, bikinis, tits and bad videography production. At the very least, start a new thread dedicated to this discussion so we can avoid the political discussion and return to discussing sailing vlogs here.

Sincerely, gratefully yours,

Ajax

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

I see your point,  I think,  and agree with most of it but I think your faith in human nature is much stronger than mine... I don't see Putin's rise,  for example, as a consequence of Western Imperialism and doubt that he would be constrained by a talking shop without any clout. Nor, sadly,  do I think he's alone. 

Putin's rise is in significant part a consequence of the way that west facilitated the asset-stripping of Russia after the collapse of the USSR.  The Yeltsin era saw the rise of the oligarchs and an unprecedented fall in life expectancy, which paved the way for a strong man.

Now, Putin's aggression is being hyped as some sort of massive threat, when the reality is that Russia is still very weak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose.  There is a forum specifically for discussing politics. We now have two topics which have escaped the PA asylum and metastasized within the CA garden (the other being the American Dumbass thread.)

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, shift to PM's, or take the discussion to PA where it belongs so that we can return to discussing topics critical to cruising sailors such as feet, bikinis, tits and bad videography production. At the very least, start a new thread dedicated to this discussion so we can avoid the political discussion and return to discussing sailing vlogs here.

@Ajax, you are quite entitled to place anyone on ignore if you so choose.  Given that you and a very few others here have chosen to repeatedly make nasty personal attacks rather than express civil disagreement, your self-restraint is probably mutually beneficial ... at least until you recover your decorum.

But in this latest post you are actively trying to promote a boycott, to promote shunning.  That's very nasty behaviour.

Let other people quote or not quote whoever they like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Upp3 said:

But they use the leftovers to brew pineapple beer! That is no waste in my books. https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/fermenting-tepache

Good point. It depends I guess if you think pineapple beer is good.  Soak the pineapple in neutral sprints for a few days and serve over ice. - I might like that better. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Good point. It depends I guess if you think pineapple beer is good.  Soak the pineapple in neutral sprints for a few days and serve over ice. - I might like that better. 
 

Good alcoholic ingredients can be made of the most unlikely ingredients.

Many decades ago, I made a very successful tomato wine, to use up a glut at a local greengrocers.  After heavy chalking to reduce the acidity, it came out as a lovely, light white wine.  A beautiful summer drink.

The only downside was that my housemates hated the stink of all the fermenting tomatoes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

@Ajax, you are quite entitled to place anyone on ignore if you so choose.  Given that you and a very few others here have chosen to repeatedly make nasty personal attacks rather than express civil disagreement, your self-restraint is probably mutually beneficial ... at least until you recover your decorum.

But in this latest post you are actively trying to promote a boycott, to promote shunning.  That's very nasty behaviour.

Let other people quote or not quote whoever they like.

FYI you have been shunned.  Get over it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dogscout said:

FYI you have been shunned.  Get over it.

No, Dog, it is not up to you to decide. Not to some few others.

TL actually just responded to some comments, gave her view. That is perfectly OK.

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same.   However, you for one have repeatedly told about your navy experiences. Mildly interesting, not really something for this forum - if you do, expect someone might react.

Even thought I certainly do not share all TL views, they are very well worth reading. TL is one of very few here who actually clearly knows her language, and how to use it.

Some of you should be ashamed.

//J

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jaramaz said:

No, Dog, it is not up to you to decide. Not to some few others.

TL actually just responded to some comments, gave her view. That is perfectly OK.

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same.   However, you for one have repeatedly told about your navy experiences. Mildly interesting, not really something for this forum - if you do, expect someone might react.

Even thought I certainly do not share all TL views, they are very well worth reading. TL is one of very few here who actually clearly knows her language, and how to use it.

Some of you should be ashamed.

//J

Oh she discusses sailing. In the same combative, complaining, denigrating way that she discusses everything else.  I have zero shame for everything I've said and I'll retract not one jot.

I made a polite request to take political discussions to their designated forum. It wasn't a demand or an order. If WG and others choose to ignore me and continue to quote TL's political diarrhea all over CA, I'll have to either live with it or find somewhere else to discuss sailing.

Hell, I won't complain if people quote her sailing contributions because they belong here. I just don't need the political mess.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see CA a nice cozy pub next door to a loud sports bar known as PA.  Some people in the pub have asked both politely, and less politely, for her to lower her voice on certain topics, otherwise she should go over to the sports bar to talk about those things. 

I don't have much appreciate for people who talk a lot about things of which they don't fully understand and then refuse to listen to input from those that have practical experience. I have even less time for people who throw political shades in unrelated topics and then whines when they get some stick back. 

It's Cruising Anarchy, so yeah, she's free to shit on the carpet if she wants. Just don't expect a warm reception from all of us while doing so.  From my perspective a village in Ireland wants their idiot back. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jaramaz said:

No, Dog, it is not up to you to decide. Not to some few others.

TL actually just responded to some comments, gave her view. That is perfectly OK.

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same.   However, you for one have repeatedly told about your navy experiences. Mildly interesting, not really something for this forum - if you do, expect someone might react.

Even thought I certainly do not share all TL views, they are very well worth reading. TL is one of very few here who actually clearly knows her language, and how to use it.

Some of you should be ashamed.

//J

Im sorry but you are wrong.

 

Members of this forum come here for entertainment and in this thread they come for entertainment related to the latest Youtube video of newbie sailing along with some T&A.  Nobody but a few deranged morons come to this small little piece of the internet to hear the ramblings of someone's politics.  This is an escape not a place for some misquided Social Justice Warrior to speak out.  TwoLegged went beyond the context of the medium with personal views that DO NOT BELONG here.  members stated that and yet TWOLEGGED dug in deeper.  BS.  THIS IS ENTERTAINBMENT.  TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin.  They only matter to a few who are willing or foolish enough to follow their banter.  How is it working out for them?

TWOLEGGED has been shunned by multiple members of this forum for being a piece of shit where it does not belong.  GET OVER IT.  we dont want to hear that drivel where we look for entertainment.  It is up to me to decide who I want to be part of this.  The ignore function is great for that.  Please ignore me.  I dont give a rats ass.

 

Oh one other thing.  you are now on IGNORE too.  You have been shunned.  Get over it.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dogscout said:

Im sorry but you are wrong.

 

Members of this forum come here for entertainment and in this thread they come for entertainment related to the latest Youtube video of newbie sailing along with some T&A.  Nobody but a few deranged morons come to this small little piece of the internet to hear the ramblings of someone's politics.  This is an escape not a place for some misquided Social Justice Warrior to speak out.  TwoLegged went beyond the context of the medium with personal views that DO NOT BELONG here.  members stated that and yet TWOLEGGED dug in deeper.  BS.  THIS IS ENTERTAINBMENT.  TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin.  They only matter to a few who are willing or foolish enough to follow their banter.  How is it working out for them?

TWOLEGGED has been shunned by multiple members of this forum for being a piece of shit where it does not belong.  GET OVER IT.  we dont want to hear that drivel where we look for entertainment.  It is up to me to decide who I want to be part of this.  The ignore function is great for that.  Please ignore me.  I dont give a rats ass.

Colin Kaepernick. Kathy Griffin. 

If you can't spell their names don't bring them up, especially if you're going to diss them. 

Thanks a bunch. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Colin Kaepernick. Kathy Griffin. 

If you can't spell their names don't bring them up, especially if you're going to diss them. 

Thanks a bunch. 

So you now understand how much I give a fuck about them.  Get over it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rasputin22 said:

I prefer mangoes... Now about that papaya!

csplay.jpg

Now that I've uncrossed my eyes, is this a YT sailing channel or just some random photo that you stumbled on?  It reminds me of the end scenes from Austin Powers:

 

AP.jpg.57a7822708cfd6621152ae99b619a7a3.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ajax said:

Now that I've uncrossed my eyes, is this a YT sailing channel or just some random photo that you stumbled on?  It reminds me of the end scenes from Austin Powers:

 

 

No that is actually a real sailing couple 'out there, doing it' somewhere in the S. Pacific. I knew the guy from St Croix. Prize from my desk for anyone who can guess.

Not much of a challenge but here is a hint...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

No that is actually a real sailing couple 'out there, doing it' somewhere in the S. Pacific. I knew the guy from St Croix. Prize from my desk for anyone who can guess.

Not much of a challenge but here is a hint...

 

Jack Petith, Newick Native trimaran Naga

http://dicknewickboats.com/naga/

http://www.trimaran-naga.com/Saga_of_Naga_en.pdf

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ajax said:

Ahem.

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose.  There is a forum specifically for discussing politics. We now have two topics which have escaped the PA asylum and metastasized within the CA garden (the other being the American Dumbass thread.)

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, shift to PM's, or take the discussion to PA where it belongs so that we can return to discussing topics critical to cruising sailors such as feet, bikinis, tits and bad videography production. At the very least, start a new thread dedicated to this discussion so we can avoid the political discussion and return to discussing sailing vlogs here.

Sincerely, gratefully yours,

Ajax

You don't want to pick and choose what counts as political or not. If you don't want people calling out obvious BS hero worship, then don't post that. But don't blame people for seeing it for what it is. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dogscout said:

Oh one other thing.  you are now on IGNORE too.  You have been shunned.  Get over it.

Woohoo, I have been put on ignore. Insignificant & harmless me. 

Doesn't this, @Ajax  say something?

And @Elegua you state some things about a nice and cozy pub. Since when is ignoring and and calling others idiots nice and cozy?
In that nice and cozy pub, what do you do with the member who insists telling war stories++  which disturbs the lady who just want to discuss sailing?  And when the lady confronts the bully .... you side up with the bully? Is that nice?

Actually, personally I could be happy without the war stories as well as the politics here in this sailing forum. But war stories are about politics, and how we all handle politics - finally we cannot blame any other. 

//J

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dogscout said:

TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin.

I have never heard of Cathy Griffin, but I am honoured to keep company with Colin Kaepernick, if that's the label you want to put on me.

However, it is odd to see someone denouncing discussion of politics in this forum, and then opening up the whole BLM debate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

31 minutes ago, Jaramaz said:

Woohoo, I have been put on ignore. Insignificant & harmless me. 

Doesn't this, @Ajax  say something?

And @Elegua you state some things about a nice and cozy pub. Since when is ignoring and and calling others idiots nice and cozy?
In that nice and cozy pub, what do you do with the member who insists telling war stories++  which disturbs the lady who just want to discuss sailing?  And when the lady confronts the bully .... you side up with the bully? Is that nice?

Actually, personally I could be happy without the war stories as well as the politics here in this sailing forum. But war stories are about politics, and how we all handle politics - finally we cannot blame any other. 

//J

As I wrote, and you failed to read, people have asked for a cease and desist. And if one persists in slinging shit, expect shit back.  Expect for people to ask you to leave or shut-up. 

Who is telling war stories? I'm reading something about England doing old well and then I have to re-read a bowdlerized version English colonial history.  

"And when the lady confronts the bully .... you side up with the bully?" Patronize much?  Hey, TL, there's a night in shining armor to defend you. I'm sure you need it. /s

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Elegua said:

Who is telling war stories? I'm reading something about England doing old well and then I have to re-read a bowdlerized version English colonial history.  

Elegua, it is a matter of historical fact that England has not had major land battles on its territory since the 17th century, and that most of those Civil War battles were in rural locations.  That's why so much old stuff has survived compared with other countries which had wars fought on their territory.

If that doesn't interest you, fine.  But your outrage at that being mentioned in the context of a discussion on old buildings is odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With local cheap wood and workforce I would just build new one. Something smaller and more seaworthy, like one of those 13 metre pilotcutters if I had to stay in "oldschool".

I have seen old international rule boat restorations that were deemed to be "stupid" where boat was in better condition than this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jaramaz said:

No, Dog, it is not up to you to decide. Not to some few others.

TL actually just responded to some comments, gave her view. That is perfectly OK.

@Ajax claim TL doesn't contribute in any area. BS!  TL is very active in discussing sailing; stick to sailing and she will probably do the same. 

Actually that is not the case. A few of the shit-fights have started in response to two-legs posting inflammatory rubbish then whining when she gets serious push-back on it.

My attitude is this - if the matter is sailing, I will play nice. If someone drags in matters that belong in PA, then I'm going to play by PA rules. And if they attack my country over arrant bullshit, then the gloves come off. Don't like that? Don't bring it here.

FKT

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

FKT sums it up nicely for me. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

I'm not trying to censor or boycott her. She can take her political trash to PA and have at it. She can talk sailing in this forum all day long, I just won't participate because she's on Ignore. This "Help, help! I'm being oppressed by the patriarchy!" is such bullshit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ajax said:

This "Help, help! I'm being oppressed by the patriarchy!" is such bullshit.

I agree with that sentiment but @TwoLegged never said anything of the sort.  You are just flinging bullshit in righteous anger, yet free to prattle on.  She is also free, that's anarchy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ajax said:

FKT sums it up nicely for me. I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

FKT believes that on certain topics he is entitled to comment as he pleases, and to engage in direct personal attacks in response to a point-of-view with which he disagrees.  It seems that Ajax agrees with this approach that some topics are acceptable here so long as they approve of the views expressed: hero-worship military is fine, critiquing it is evil and may be met with repeated personal insult.

I have been around the block long enough that this isn't the first time I have seen that sort of approach.  It's usually accompanied by fists, but mercifully this is online, so that dimension is thankfully missing.

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

I'm not trying to censor or boycott her

Not true.  You are actively promoting a boycott

10 hours ago, Ajax said:

Some of us have, in the pursuit of maintaining civil discourse placed people on Ignore. Quoting them defeats this purpose

 

10 hours ago, Ajax said:

 

@WGWarburton I am asking, imploring you as politely as I can-  Please either stop quoting this person, 

... and you are being backed by Dogscout's barrages of personal abuse

5 hours ago, Dogscout said:

 a few deranged morons [snip]  ramblings of someone's politics [snip]  misquided Social Justice Warrior to speak out [snip] TwoLegged went beyond the context of the medium with personal views that DO NOT BELONG here [snip] TWOLEGGED is just as misguided as Colin Kapernick or Cathy Griffin [snip]

TWOLEGGED has been shunned by multiple members of this forum for being a piece of shit where it does not belong.

If that's who y'all wanna be, then so be it.  But it would be better for you to own what you are up to

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ajax said:

Good lord...them thighs.

Those are the first things I put aside... Just sayin':rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

FKT believes that on certain topics he is entitled to comment as he pleases, and to engage in direct personal attacks in response to a point-of-view with which he disagrees.  It seems that Ajax agrees with this approach that some topics are acceptable here so long as they approve of the views expressed: hero-worship military is fine, critiquing it is evil and may be met with repeated personal insult.

I have been around the block long enough that this isn't the first time I have seen that sort of approach.  It's usually accompanied by fists, but mercifully this is online, so that dimension is thankfully missing.

That's the second time - at least - that you've implied that I'm a person who would resort to violence. I let it go the first time because I'd obviously got under your skin and you were flailing about desperately trying to drag in an entire net full of red herrings.

Not this time. Quote a single post of mine where I've explicitly threatened or implied that I'd ever take an argument offline to a personal physical attack.

You cannot do it because I never have. And that's in both senses of 'never have'. I've never made any threats of real-world violence, explicit or implied, here or anywhere else on the net, ever. Nor have I done so in any face to face situation in the real world, ever. That's a categorical NEVER, not any weasel word statement.

Now back up your claim, or apologise and shut up on it.

The only one bringing the possibility of real-world physical violence into the discussion is you, in a pathetic attempt to play the victim card. If that actually reflects your real-world experience, you need to start associating with a better class of human being.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's the second time - at least - that you've implied that I'm a person who would resort to violence. I let it go the first time because I'd obviously got under your skin and you were flailing about desperately trying to drag in an entire net full of red herrings.

FKT, please read what I actually wrote. I described the context in which I have seen such aggressive shut-down techniques elsewhere.  I specifically noted that it does NOT apply here.

But I am interested to see how your response here includes yet more aggression, insult and personal attack. If you think that apologies are due, you can start by apologising for your barrages of personal attacks.

And no, I am not "playing the victim card"; I am challenging you to behave better.  I am noting the high levels of verbal aggression which some people are displaying, including you, repeatedly choose to display to those with whom you disagree. If you don't like your verbal aggression being noted, it is of course open to you to desist from the aggression.

And yes, in the real world I take care not to associate with people who engage in your style of verbal aggression.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites