Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

4 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Meanwhile in the same 3 years everything Zingaro has put in the water has sunk.

Sadly, some of it has been refloated.  Even worse,the skipper has always been rescued.

The whole genre would have much higher ratings if it had a higher fatality rate

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

Or David Lynch. Twin Hulls: Water, Walk With Me. You expect to see, blurred out of their perfectly staged salon, Dennis Hopper huffing nitrous and crawling up to Nikki whimpering "Mommy mommy mommy." 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I'd be interested in watching an interview with the low-esteem girl he offloaded prior to/during the "sinking." Tell us what the real scoop is.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:
7 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

And if we could vote for who sinks next.

Is there any way of doing polls on SA?  It would be fun to vote on who we'd like to sink next, even tho we lack the means to make it happen.

Jeezis-f'ng-key-rhyst but you couldn't custom DESIGN and build two more of the most annoying frickin' people that have ever set foot on this planet.

Gawd damn, seriously, that was the most painful 3:27 seconds I've ever spent in my entire life. And THAT includes having 8 wisdom teeth pulled......

• Like 2

I watch Kevin Boothby, Tom Cunliffe, and Erik Aanderaa.  I hate and avoid sideboob selfie crowd.  But yesterday I discovered Wind Hippie, and that young lady is just wonderful.  Kind, cheerful, hard working, intelligent, and is covering serious miles with a small simple boat.  Bad ass sailor, guts her own fish, ain't afraid. Gives me hope.

• Like 3
On 4/5/2021 at 9:59 PM, loneshark64 said:

Of course I have no taste. I am ashamed to admit I watched Sailing GBU this weekend and liked it. I laughed through the whole thing.

The two of them have barely any clue what they are doing, and let’s just say they are not super geniuses (maybe graduated junior high?? Definitely not going to be whisked off to mission control to save the day anytime soon) but they are funny. They have been out there on a horrible boat for 3 years and they still like each other and are having fun. The girl is game for anything, except perhaps a baby. I love it when Captain Matt looks into the camera and gives us some sailing tips. THAT is some funny shit. Zero whining, lots of stupid snafus, and somehow they haven’t sunk. Meanwhile in the same 3 years everything Zingaro has put in the water has sunk.

Same. They are one of the few people out there who appear to be 1) having fun and 2) not being whingey bourgeois show-offs, good on em

• Like 1
1 hour ago, low bum said:

I watch Kevin Boothby, Tom Cunliffe, and Erik Aanderaa.  I hate and avoid sideboob selfie crowd.  But yesterday I discovered Wind Hippie, and that young lady is just wonderful.  Kind, cheerful, hard working, intelligent, and is covering serious miles with a small simple boat.  Bad ass sailor, guts her own fish, ain't afraid. Gives me hope.

Totally agree.  Fun to watch and the boat is basic and simple.  In her last post she repaired her fresh water pump by cutting a new leather and stated that this how her dad taught her to fix it.  

• Like 1

Maybe everyone knows already and I am late to the party, but I came across „Sea Change“ recently 

Six episodes, from 2016/2017. 

Three guys on a Bob Perry designed Lafitte 44, travel Florida to Suriname. 

A little bit „next Hemingway“ to their narration but it is mercifully short and they actually avoid much talking of or revealing information about themselves at all

The cinematography however, is really excellent, as is the editing. Makes the rest of yt seem like crappy home videos / reality tv trash - which it sorta is

Filmed mostly with a red epic and two full frame dslrs- probably was about  30k usd or more of camera gear onboard - quality is obvious though

• Like 1
2 hours ago, low bum said:

Wind Hippie is one of the few I watch, an antidote to the vacuous wannabe Kardashian crowd

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, KC375 said:

Wind Hippie is one of the few I watch, an antidote to the vacuous wannabe Kardashian crowd

Yes, WindHippie is not a wannabe Kardashian.  And also not hyper-sponsored like Sailing Uma or La Vagabonde.

So I want to like WindHippie.  But she uses that fake opera-singing thing to announce trivial actions, which I loathe and hate and deplore in any situation ... so if I try watching WindHippie, I end up hating her.  And since I don't want to hate her, I don't watch her.

1 hour ago, TwoLegged said:

Yes, WindHippie is not a wannabe Kardashian.  And also not hyper-sponsored like Sailing Uma or La Vagabonde.

So I want to like WindHippie.  But she uses that fake opera-singing thing to announce trivial actions, which I loathe and hate and deplore in any situation ... so if I try watching WindHippie, I end up hating her.  And since I don't want to hate her, I don't watch her.

Having raised two daughters, trust me, that's how they are.  She does that at home when she opens a can of cat food, I guarantee you.

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, low bum said:

Having raised two daughters, trust me, that's how they are.  She does that at home when she opens a can of cat food, I guarantee you.

I'll match your two and raise by one...and agree with you.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

Thank God they do really come back around eventually.

They do

Mine was a charmer until she was 12 when I suddenly went from most admired man in Britain to arse of the universe.

That period lasted until she was 17 when she became wonderful again.

During the bad years I would say something that i thought was clever and she would kill me with a single flick of a glance.

If you are the father of a teenage daughter, then hang on in there. They do come back.... eventually.

my wife explained that she was practising controlling something that is bigger and Dummer than her.

d

• Like 8

I must have lucked out. My daughter, even as a teenager was the always there to help with anything, especially the boat. She's was very skilled even as a kid. Night before launch years ago, and I want to go home,... 

1427670839_NomatterwhatyoucanalwayscountonMaryJane..thumb.jpg.b5330ab7c9ad65e9c4775b738db7b428.jpg

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, dylan winter said:

I suddenly went from most admired man in Britain to arse of the universe.

Still a promotion :p

• Like 7
5 hours ago, low bum said:

Maybe where you live.  Not where I live, on the other side of a big salty pond.

3 hours ago, RogerC said:

There are worse idiosyncrasies to have.

It may theoretically be arguable that is worse to randomly eviscerate disabled people whilst simultaneously snacking on the live bodies of orphaned babies ... but I think that underestimates the vocal pain of the faux-opera.

3 hours ago, RogerC said:

There are worse idiosyncrasies to have.  But if it bothers you that much, turn off the sound and turn on the Closed Captioning.

Captions don't work for me, 'cos I don't see them.  I consume most YouTube channels as radio, keeping the player in a background window while I work on something.   I flick over to the YouTube page if the audio suggests that there is something worth seeing.

2 hours ago, dylan winter said:

Mine was a charmer until she was 12 when I suddenly went from most admired man in Britain to arse of the universe.

Like this?

3 hours ago, dylan winter said:

That period lasted until she was 17 when she became wonderful again

I've got 2, one is 12 and the other is about to become 17. I hope that you are right because right now. it is "interesting".

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

I've got 2, one is 12 and the other is about to become 17. I hope that you are right because right now. it is "interesting".

They improve with age IME.

By the time they're 25 they're back to being civilised human beings. Maybe somewhat earlier if you're lucky.

Fortunately my 2 daughters took most of it out on their mother and not me, though the eye-rolling was impressive. Ineffective, but impressive. "MEAN daddy! BAD daddy!" Bedroom door slams.

They're both lovely, helpful and friendly young women these days. I was swapping sailing pics for baby pics with my youngest the other day.

FKT

• Like 3
10 hours ago, robtoujours said:

Maybe everyone knows already and I am late to the party, but I came across „Sea Change“ recently 

Six episodes, from 2016/2017. 

Three guys on a Bob Perry designed Lafitte 44, travel Florida to Suriname. 

A little bit „next Hemingway“ to their narration but it is mercifully short and they actually avoid much talking of or revealing information about themselves at all

The cinematography however, is really excellent, as is the editing. Makes the rest of yt seem like crappy home videos / reality tv trash - which it sorta is

Filmed mostly with a red epic and two full frame dslrs- probably was about  30k usd or more of camera gear onboard - quality is obvious though

I loved that series. I was so bummed they stopped making films.  It was just getting interesting....

• Like 1

I think the last half-way entertaining sailing vlog/blog/slog/grog thingy I got sucked into was the Bumfuzzle's aquatic mini soap opera fuckasco thingy. Not a bad read.....all things considered.....:lol:

• Like 1
On 4/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, Jim in Halifax said:

But to move on from the detrius of PA, what does the collective critical mass think of Magic Carpet? I find they don't have a lot to say but I like the way they say it...

I enjoy their youth and optimism, and that they are sharing their experiences rather than trying to show you how cool they are. Liked the canal series, even though it had zero sailing. 

5 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Bumfuzzle's aquatic mini soap opera fuckasco thingy

I have no idea what you mean by that, but it's a fun phrase.

2 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I have no idea what you mean by that, but it's a fun phrase.

It's a pretty good generic title for a certain style of sailing vlog.  Could have been the title of this thread.

5 hours ago, Oceanconcepts said:

I enjoy their youth and optimism, and that they are sharing their experiences rather than trying to show you how cool they are. Liked the canal series, even though it had zero sailing. 

Pros:  Magic carpet is mostly about sailing (or at least boats) and interesting places.  Nicely shot and edited to be engaging.  No bikinis (at least not in the Netherlands in autumn)

Cons: Artsy young couples in love are a bit sweet for this jaded old cynic's arteries.  Occasional manbuns.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, dylan winter said:

They do

During the bad years I would say something that i thought was clever and she would kill me with a single flick of a glance.

If you are the father of a teenage daughter, then hang on in there. They do come back.... eventually.

my wife explained that she was practising controlling something that is bigger and Dummer than her.

d

Same here. They come back. She is now 24 and likes me. 

My son never left. May never leave.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Corryvreckan said:

It's a pretty good generic title for a certain style of sailing vlog.  Could have been the title of this thread.

Pros:  Magic carpet is mostly about sailing (or at least boats) and interesting places.  Nicely shot and edited to be engaging.  No bikinis (at least not in the Netherlands in autumn)

Cons: Artsy young couples in love are a bit sweet for this jaded old cynic's arteries.  Occasional manbuns.

The only acceptable 'man buns' in my book....are no less than 6 inches in diameter....and have at least a pound of dead cow, dead cheese and dead onions on them.....

FB_IMG_1612720437156.jpg

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Corryvreckan said:

So. Where are we then? Are we arriving at a consensus?

sailing, yes

manbuns, no

eric aanderaa, yes

texans, no

bikinis, no (secretly yes)

boat yoga, fuck no

babies, no

cats, yes, dogs, no

brady, yes, riley, no

old cranks, yes 

laine, yes, williams, no

australians, yes

opera, no

dylan, yes, atticus, no

love, no

• Like 4
3 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

bikinis, no (secretly yes)

Loud and proud yes. Points off for silicone. Are we not men? (TwoLeg - please don't answer that - or if you do, no references to colonialism)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, toddster said:

If bikinis are a go, then I think we have to also accept slow-motion erotic dancing boat yoga.

I second the part that you crossed out. These boats have a pole stepped to the keel for a reason.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lurker19 said:

The guy who made this video obviously has read the entirety of this thread.  He really only needed three or four minutes though....

It does drag on a little long, but if you watch it at double speed, it undoes the slo-mo, and comes in at just about four minutes.  Gotta hit mute though, or the sound-track gets even cheesier.

I definitely got a chuckle out of it.  Wasn't there a channel a few pages back that actually did try to send viewers over to their Onlyfans site?

Edit:  Mind you, How to sailing offers up some pretty basic stuff that most folks on this site learned long ago. 

8 hours ago, toddster said:

If bikinis are a go, then I think we have to also accept slow-motion erotic dancing boat yoga.

i need a gender filter on the boat yoga...if the dude with the man bun shows up on deck in yoga pants, i'm out.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

brady, yes, riley, no

I like Riley.  One of the least pretentious of the male YouTube sailors, and he has a conscience.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Loud and proud yes. Points off for silicone. Are we not men? (TwoLeg - please don't answer that - or if you do, no references to colonialism)

I have to commend you guys for the sheer existence of your sexism ;) 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Lurker19 said:

The guy who made this video obviously has read the entirety of this thread.  He really only needed three or four minutes though....

To marks for the parody ... and for the most annoying theme music EVAH

On 4/10/2021 at 3:19 AM, El Mariachi said:

My frickin' gawd.....those blue eyes.....

You aren't that good at picking fakes are you?

Okay, I have a submission for Worst Sailing Vlog Ever.

Bobby's Doodles vlog is tacky, but even tacky can be fun sometimes, as if we are in on the joke.

But these two...they're just gauche. And they don't know it, which makes it even more painful.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, Lurker19 said:

Not a great sign when the "parody" is less entertaining than what they were trying to make fun of. The funniest part is imagining how funny whoever made this probably thought they were.

Best Q&A session I've seen yet, the WindHippie puts real effort into this one

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Bobby's Doodles vlog is tacky, but even tacky can be fun sometimes, as if we are in on the joke.

But these two...they're just gauche. And they don't know it, which makes it even more painful.

Well, there goes 20 minutes of my life I will never get back.  Time to continue on my own boat cleaning/prepping therapy and appreciate my beautiful Admiral who has a brain and likes to sail.  And, no, you will never see us on any social media anywhere anyhow!  My life is a social media free zone!

3 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

that is a wonderous thing on so many levels

d

On 4/9/2021 at 1:10 AM, MauiPunter said:

I loved that series. I was so bummed they stopped making films.  It was just getting interesting....

(REFERRING TO SEA CHANGE)

Yeah, quite abrupt. The creators are on social media, one is doing the rounds of Alaska in a westsail 32 or some such.

their site is still up at seachangelog.com, looks like they headed far south and stopped filming

i wonder if they just decided to stop to avoid becoming trashy YouTube stars  

atticus shows the inherent danger  hard to stay real 

Going through their comments, looks like they have a local fan:

301F471B-D45E-4706-B1DB-5388A3BEE483.thumb.jpeg.9fdd1240d3585e8d322359b0fb327950.jpeg

anyway, red epic plus commercial music license added to my wishlist 

On 4/8/2021 at 2:50 PM, dylan winter said:

They do

d

I bought myself a T-shirt...

You Don't Scare Me I Have Three Daughters Funny Gift for

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

They have a profound sort of incompetence that somehow lacks the charm of naïveté.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Ear regardless, the blonde is seriously just smokin' hot....which is my #1 pre-requisite to watching any cruising video. So I'm giving the vid a 6....and the gal a 9....... :lol:

7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

Ear regardless, the blonde is seriously just smokin' hot....which is my #1 pre-requisite to watching any cruising video. So I'm giving the vid a 6....and the gal a 9....... :lol:

was pretty good with the sound off. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

was pretty good with the sound off. 

The films are a marvelous thing...... and free at the point of delivery.

They make la vag and the Wynns seem geriatric.

Out with old and in with the new

D

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 2airishuman said:

They have a profound sort of incompetence that somehow lacks the charm of naïveté.

This. An endless expanse of ass can't make up for that.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:00 PM, Israel Hands said:

Ughh!  Not this pair again (define "pair" how you will).  I was foolish enough to skim the first one of their videos that popped up here.  I promised myself never again.

Yet I can tell that every time I scroll past one of their thumbnails, I'm going to be tempted to watch.  It's like the reverse of the old Seinfeld line about the painting of Kramer ("he is a loathsome, offensive brute, yet I can't look away").  I can't look away, yet they are ... well, pretty awful.

• Like 1

I don't think things have changed much. We used to get our sailing media largely, in print. 

Most of it arrived monthly. Editors of magazines and books, filmmakers, would pick the best material to suit their medium (cruising, sailing, racing, fettling). 

There were fewer sailing genre Rockstars, then, and we knew them all. 

Today we have Youtube. It is becoming THE sailing media outlet. Even magazines - what's left of them - are using it.

We still get the rockstars and the best sailing media artists, on Youtube. 

But we get more from Youtube: We get the bin, too.  

All the material that was thrown out by the old sailing editors is delivered - everyday - from Youtube. 

The good stuff is in Youtube, somewhere.

We are the editors in this thread. Is Youtube reading?   

• Like 2
On 4/9/2021 at 5:59 PM, TwoLegged said:

I have to commend you guys for the sheer existence of your sexism ;) 

If it wasn't for sailors who appreciated hot sailorettes.....your cruising kittys would be completely  blown on batteries and Tinder ads.....:lol:

• Like 2
On 4/11/2021 at 3:05 AM, Randro said:

You aren't that good at picking fakes are you?

Don't matter....I like my Gals like I like my cars.....over 40, and with a shit load of well-placed curves.....

On 4/15/2021 at 2:28 PM, Laurent said:

I bought myself a T-shirt...

You Don't Scare Me I Have Three Daughters Funny Gift for

I once heard my Dad tell some slightly rude,  Martini'd out dude at our Baja surf spot one afternoon 'If you're trying scare me Pal, it ain't gonna work.....'cuz I've been married & divorced four fuking times.'

Gawd damn but I miss that man......:lol:

FB_IMG_1583449970950.jpg

• Like 2

OK, this is a little different.  Somewhere between Roger Barnes and Yrvind.

Guy builds his own small sailing boat/dinghy.  Seems like kindof traditional rig/lines, but made out of carbon fibre (hell, the damn thing's practically transparent).  He heads out poking around San Francisco Bay, and it sounds like his biggest goal is to make it all the way from Berkeley out to the Golden Gate bridge.  He seems to be having fun, knows what he knows and knows what he doesn't know.

And a distinct lack of either bikinis or manbuns.  Goodonim!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Corryvreckan said:

Ughh!  Not this pair again (define "pair" how you will).  I was foolish enough to skim the first one of their videos that popped up here.  I promised myself never again.

Yet I can tell that every time I scroll past one of their thumbnails, I'm going to be tempted to watch.  It's like the reverse of the old Seinfeld line about the painting of Kramer ("he is a loathsome, offensive brute, yet I can't look away").  I can't look away, yet they are ... well, pretty awful.

As a public service to all of you I watched two of their videos. The good one was #2 or 3 in their feed which has zero to do with sailing and is just the girl trying on one bikini after another for 10 minutes after going on some bikini modeling gig and getting a bunch of free bikinis. Initially I thought jeez I hope my wife doesn’t come in here and see me watching this but after a few minutes I decided that if she does catch me, fuck it, I am watching it, it’s worth it. I think the whackos over in political anarchy should be required to watch this video. Also that dude who is obsessed with “brexit brexit wtf”. It would do them a world of good. I personally learned a great deal about bikinis.

The other video featured the girl’s dad in the dinghy exhibiting the most egregious example of middle aged man-spreading I have ever witnessed. My retinas are permanently damaged; there are some things you can’t un-see.

• Like 2
On 4/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, Kris Cringle said:

I don't follow them but I see Lavagabond is endorsed by Doyle Sails. 

I guess this says Doyle endorses them because they are #1 Youtube sailing genre, and they are buff? 

image.thumb.png.c5bbbf627192032b3c42924bc1d8d5c1.png

With a build like that, yer mind's eye blocks out the Sean Penn-lookin' goof and the kid

1 minute ago, Israel Hands said:
On 4/15/2021 at 5:19 PM, Kris Cringle said:

I don't follow them but I see Lavagabond is endorsed by Doyle Sails. 

I guess this says Doyle endorses them because they are #1 Youtube sailing genre, and they are buff? 

image.thumb.png.c5bbbf627192032b3c42924bc1d8d5c1.png

Expand  

With a build like that, yer mind's eye blocks out the Sean Penn-lookin' goof and the kid

Now I finally understand what Doyle means by “stack pack”.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Initially I thought jeez I hope my wife doesn’t come in here and see me watching this but after a few minutes I decided that if she does catch me, fuck it, I am watching it, it’s worth it. I think the whackos over in political anarchy should be required to watch this video. Also that dude who is obsessed with “brexit brexit wtf”. It would do them a world of good. I personally learned a great deal about bikinis.

Post of the day! :lol:

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

As a public service to all of you I watched two of their videos. The good one was #2 or 3 in their feed which has zero to do with sailing and is just the girl trying on one bikini after another for 10 minutes after going on some bikini modeling gig and getting a bunch of free bikinis. Initially I thought jeez I hope my wife doesn’t come in here and see me watching this but after a few minutes I decided that if she does catch me, fuck it, I am watching it, it’s worth it. I think the whackos over in political anarchy should be required to watch this video. Also that dude who is obsessed with “brexit brexit wtf”. It would do them a world of good. I personally learned a great deal about bikinis. It is clear that this couple knows exactly fuck all about sailing but she is very good at bikini-wearing.

The other video was some ridiculous sailing, and featured the girl’s dad in the dinghy exhibiting the most egregious example of middle aged man-spreading I have ever witnessed. My retinas are permanently damaged; there are some things you can’t un-see.

I'm proud to say that back in the late 70's & early 80', I was asked more than once to walk up from the pier and help choose a bikini or 14 at Mickies for our many numerous hot beach gals that we all hung out with on the sand. This usually happened around the beginning of May.....and I looked forward to it each year like a little Kid waiting for Santa.....:lol:

Screenshot_2021-04-16-19-21-15~2.png

FB_IMG_1593156549920~2.jpg

FB_IMG_1583450190356.jpg

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Link to said Bikini School #2 & #3......please?......:lol:

It's here.  It's filmed in portrait format with flat lighting and only one camera angle in front of a boring background.  I suppose I would have found it to be erotic in 1982.  Then again in 1982 I found the bra and panty section of the Sears Roebuck catalog to be pretty exciting.

• Like 1

Mr. Sears & Mr. Roebuck pretty much got me to give up Tonka toys, Revell models & Legos.....and begin to focus instead on cheap lingerie, interesting body curves and girls that smelled much better than the boring ass denizens in my aquarium.....

Jeezis key-rhyst but those first 3 or 4 bathing suits were beyond horrendous. Ugh.....this gal needs to come to Manhattan Beach and check out Mickies and get learnicated on.....beach style...:lol:

7 hours ago, El Mariachi said:

interesting body curves and girls that smelled much better than the boring ass denizens in my aquarium

At 16 I got an after-school job at a clothing store. I quickly learned how to mark up pants and suits for alternations. Before long I was the go-to alterations kid for girls coming into the store who wanted their corduroy Levis custom-fit.  Dream job.  

• Like 1