Girl with patreon account goes sailing in hot place

54 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:
4 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I'll see your Musquodoboit and raise you Kiltimagh

Kill+she+mock

Well done.   It's weird mangling of the Irish name, so not guessable.

And Mayo people are lovely, so no need to be rude about them.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is the daughter of a sailor Both yachts and RN She came to me fully trained she can hold a course,  cook good food on one ring, loves rowing, can double declutch a land rover and ha

Before Tesla was a thing, I converted a 1974 VW Beetle to 100% battery electric drive. People told me "You can't do that." I did it. I drove it all over the Washington DC/Baltimore region for 2 y

I have watched these last few posts with interest I agree that I should put more effort in...... I also a agree that film making has changed. In one vid I made there was a 45 second shot....

Posted Images

12 hours ago, robtoujours said:

Much worse than that, in a recent update on Instagram Sam referred to Charles Fort as “Fort Charles”!! This will not go down well with the local gentry 

Yes indeed. The people of Kinsale will be revolting.

Oh, wait…

3 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

I think you’ll find he cheated

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Lighten up Frank, I never said they aren’t “lovely people” 

For example, One of my partners in business at one stage was from Mayo, he was and is a thick cunt.

He’s also one of my best friends.

Lol

19 hours ago, sculpin said:

our local "come from away" test is how you pronounce Musquodoboit.  Good luck!

I knew it was only a matter of time before Musquodoboit reared its head.  I can forgive the local pronunciation of that one.  I grin and bear their mangling of Gottingen.  But there's simply no excuse for the local pronunciation of Port Mouton. :rolleyes:

Bet noone here can correctly pronounce the new name for Port Elizabeth in South Africa - Gqeberha. Hint, there is a click involved.

15 minutes ago, TheDragon said:

Bet noone here can correctly pronounce the new name for Port Elizabeth in South Africa - Gqeberha. Hint, there is a click involved.

Shock as town adopts name in the native language of the area.  

3 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Shock as town adopts name in the native aboriginal language of the area.  

FIFY

Probably more descendants of Europeans and come-from-away Africans in PE than Xhosa these days.

I take a quick peek at the Sailing/Refitting Athena channel sometimes.  Mainly to see if the boat will ever sail.  As far as I can tell it's pretty much only ever been about home improvement type projects on his boat, the huge majority of which seem to have little to do with actual seaworthiness or sailing/navigation of the vessel.

Has he done much actual sailing on this or any other vessel?  I can't bear to sit through dozens of hours of DIY construction projects, but I don't seem to see him ever discuss actual sailing or even planning his trip in any concrete way, just DIY projects.

Now it seems that he has a bunch of projects he's supposed to finish before some kind of hard deadline by which he's supposed to sail the boat.  Again most of these projects don't seem to involve the ability of the boat to get places safely or efficiently.

If his actual experience is limited, and he's making all these modifications, wouldn't it make sense to budget in some time for shakedown trips to assess problems/seaworthiness before some kind of hard deadline to travel a long way, to make sure he hadn't caused any issues with all the work he's done on her?  I'm not even sure he's budgeted time for provisioning etc.

I'm not sure what the nature of his deadline is but my gut feeling is that he will find some reason why he needs to tear down and reconstruct the bulkhead in his head for the twentieth time before he can get underway and reset the deadline for another year down the road (i.e. forever). 

I suppose that would be preferable to him setting out and having some kind of misadventure.

Mads has sailed Athena a little bit, and prior to this boat he owned and fettled an Albin Ballad 30, which is where I know him from. He sailed (mostly motored) the Ballad around for a summer or two, mostly solo.

His sail/fettle rate is awful, but honestly not much worse than my own. :(

2 hours ago, Jim in Halifax said:
5 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

Shock as town adopts name in the native aboriginal language of the area.  

FIFY

Probably more descendants of Europeans and come-from-away Africans in PE than Xhosa these days.

So you don't have much regard for aboriginal people.  And the facts on the ground don't support your view:

Port Elizabeth is part of the Nelson Mandela Bay municipality, which is 53.2% Xhosa-speaking

Port Elizabeth is part of the Eastern Cape province, which is 78.8% Xhosa-speaking (see 2011 census: table 2.6 on page 25)

Maybe this his old stuff, but I’ve not heard of it before (not that I keep up with marine electronics closely). Most definitely not a low-tech boat!

“Intelligent Recognition of Objects at Sea” https://www.oscar-navigation.com/index.php/contact/

Im proud to partner up with Oscar Navigation wich let me try their Oscar Advanced 640 anticollision thermo camera! This thing can detect objects in the sea in front of you wich a conventional radar can not. When it "sees" something it uses Artificial Intelligence to decide what the object is, then sound an alarm to let you take action. Im amazed that this opurtunity popped up just before my departure for Greenland, were big icebergs are floating around right now. The Oscar will hopefully detect these and give me a heads up, especially at night.’

1 hour ago, BrickTopHarry said:

Now it seems that he has a bunch of projects he's supposed to finish before some kind of hard deadline by which he's supposed to sail the boat.  Again most of these projects don't seem to involve the ability of the boat to get places safely or efficiently.

If his actual experience is limited, and he's making all these modifications, wouldn't it make sense to budget in some time for shakedown trips to assess problems/seaworthiness before some kind of hard deadline to travel a long way, to make sure he hadn't caused any issues with all the work he's done on her?  I'm not even sure he's budgeted time for provisioning etc.

I'm not sure what the nature of his deadline is but my gut feeling is that he will find some reason why he needs to tear down and reconstruct the bulkhead in his head for the twentieth time before he can get underway and reset the deadline for another year down the road (i.e. forever). 

I watch Mads Dahlke's channel every week, and I have to agree with BrickTop.  Mads is a very engaging presenter (in a geeky sort of way), and his restoration work seems to be mostly of v high quality. 

Yes, it is overwhelmingly focused on the interior, but then that's the way of cruising boat restoration.  Mads has also done a lot of sailing-focused work: a big osmosis treatment on the hull, rebuilt the rudder and steering gear, rebuilt the deck, restored all the winches, replaced the standing rigging, rebuilt the main and genoa furlers, etc.  Good work there too.

As to the lack of completion before the deadline, the plan is to spend the winter in Scotland finishing off the boat.  It only takes a North Sea crossing to get there, which should be achievable without bad weather.  And the deadline is due to his fiancee's visa constraints, so it's a real deadline.

I share the concern for him is that he has low level of sailing experience and even lower level evident sailing skill, while his other half seems to have zero sailing experience.  I hope that they over the winter, they take some intensive sailing courses in Scotland, 'cos otherwise they will have a big and painful learning experience when they start passagemaking.  And of course, plenty of shakedown sails on the boat.

But my big concern is that the pair of them have spent little time together, and are now going to be sharing a tiny space which is also a worksite, where only one of them has relevant expertise.  That may work out, but it is a heavy test of a relationship, and the stress will get higher if and when they do put to sea.

They both seem to be nice people, but in nearly every respect they are jumping in the pool at the deep end, and are going to be severely tested.  But then, the Sailing Uma pair started out with even less experience and fewer resources, and have thrived.

55 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Maybe this his old stuff, but I’ve not heard of it before (not that I keep up with marine electronics closely). Most definitely not a low-tech boat!

“Intelligent Recognition of Objects at Sea” https://www.oscar-navigation.com/index.php/contact/

Im proud to partner up with Oscar Navigation wich let me try their Oscar Advanced 640 anticollision thermo camera! This thing can detect objects in the sea in front of you wich a conventional radar can not. When it "sees" something it uses Artificial Intelligence to decide what the object is, then sound an alarm to let you take action. Im amazed that this opurtunity popped up just before my departure for Greenland, were big icebergs are floating around right now. The Oscar will hopefully detect these and give me a heads up, especially at night.’

I have been a big booster of Erik Aanderaa. His channel is one of the few I watch anymore. I loved his series from last year sailing around the North Sea. And Iam looking forward to he Greenland videos a great deal.

But I have to say I am a little tired of all the sponsored product placements he is doing lately. I get it, he’s in a position to get paid, and good for him he earned it, but I don’t want to watch a bunch of videos on his helly Hansen, Raymarine, rolly tasker and Oscar gear. 

Of course, it worked; I remembered the names of all his sponsors and I didn’t even watch the whole videos. Viva capitalism

Just now, loneshark64 said:

I have been a big booster of Erik Aanderaa. His channel is one of the few I watch anymore. I loved his series from last year sailing around the North Sea. And Iam looking forward to he Greenland videos a great deal.

But I have to say I am a little tired of all the sponsored product placements he is doing lately. I get it, he’s in a position to get paid, and good for him he earned it, but I don’t want to watch a bunch of videos on his helly Hansen, Raymarine, rolly tasker and Oscar gear. 

Of course, it worked; I remembered the names of all his sponsors and I didn’t even watch the whole videos. Viva capitalism

Dude, it’s a YouTube channel.  Google.  Money drives it all. :-)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TwoLegged said:

So you don't have much regard for aboriginal people.  And the facts on the ground don't support your view:

Port Elizabeth is part of the Nelson Mandela Bay municipality, which is 53.2% Xhosa-speaking

Port Elizabeth is part of the Eastern Cape province, which is 78.8% Xhosa-speaking (see 2011 census: table 2.6 on page 25)

I stand corrected. And I fully respect aboriginal peoples, first nations and the history of their place names. Where I live, the native tongue of the overwhelming majority of the inhabitants is English. This includes a large proportion of Mi'kmaq indigenous people.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, loneshark64 said:

I've always been a bit leery of him. It's like people who say "trust me".  Was that ever a concern? What happens when your claim of no BS is just more BS? He should just sail and let that speak for itself. He certainly goes to rugged places where I wouldn't be calling BS. Man-bun Alluring Arctic did a better job of it. 

1 hour ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I get that but I can handle ads when it’s 10-15% of the run time, like TV. The YouTubes all start out less than that and before long 50% of the episode is about Highfield dinghies or Squarespace, and the other half is Patreon begging and swag. I just stop watching then.

5 years ago Delos was awesome, serious sailing, serious T&A, and just subscribe and “buy us a beer”. Now it’s all babies, begging, and Brian fixing the washing machine.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

5 years ago Delos was awesome, serious sailing, serious T&A, and just subscribe and “buy us a beer”. Now it’s all babies, begging, and Brian fixing the washing machine.

So ... life, basically.

:lol:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

It sure does. 

was talking to a person recently in a position to know, and they said that the sailing demographic is worth like 5x of normal to advertisers. 

Thus sailing channels are paid proportionally more, ie you need only 20% the subscribers to make the same money as one about video games or whatever. 

32 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

And Delos's viewing rate is sliding downwards.

But meanwhile, the other sailing breeders on La Vagabonde now have two rugrats, and are raking in the viewers and the cash.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, Elegua said:

How does one draw the line between fixing and fettling? 

Fettling of Casting Foundry technology Innovative assignment Prepared by:11bme050

• Like 1
On 8/20/2021 at 10:54 PM, sculpin said:

our local "come from away" test is how you pronounce Musquodoboit.  Good luck!

Well I’m probably considered from away but I’d pass that one as our family farm (~10 generations) is on the Musquodoboit, between Middle Musquodoboit and Elderbank.  

2 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

I totally agree.

I watched that video yesterday.

One big long effing commercial, interrupted sporadically by YouTube commercials.

Too bad because I also liked his previous hardcore sailing no bs videos 

6 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

One big long effing commercial, interrupted sporadically by YouTube commercials.

Too bad because I also liked his previous hardcore sailing no bs videos 

I just fast fwd those promo videos, or skip them entirely.  Then watch the sailing vids

37 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

I just fast fwd those promo videos, or skip them entirely.  Then watch the sailing vids

Well, that whole episode is just one giant commercial for that OSCAR thingamagig imho 

1 minute ago, Sea warrior said:

Well, that whole episode is just one giant commercial for that OSCAR thingamagig imho 

Indeed it was.  But it was well-flagged as being all about the OSCAR thingamagig, so anyone who didn't want to watch a video about the OSCAR thingamagig could skip it.

10 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Indeed it was.  But it was well-flagged as being all about the OSCAR thingamagig, so anyone who didn't want to watch a video about the OSCAR thingamagig could skip it.

It’s not an OSCAR thingamajig.  It’s an OSCAR thermo-resonant side-scanning emergency-detecting artificially-intelligent vessel-safety thingamajig.  Something like that, anyway.  It’s the new must-have $12k (roughly) marine item for increasingly buoy-, FAD-, ship-, jet ski, powerboat- and ship-infested waters.  Because Viking Erik has one.  Don’t need it for ice bergs and smaller bergy bits because they’re almost all gone now.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

It’s not an OSCAR thingamajig.  It’s an OSCAR thermo-resonant side-scanning emergency-detecting artificially-intelligent vessel-safety thingamajig.  Something like that, anyway.  It’s the new must-have $12k (roughly) marine item for increasingly buoy-, FAD-, ship-, jet ski, powerboat- and ship-infested waters.  Because Viking Erik has one.  Don’t need it for ice bergs and smaller bergy bits because they’re almost all gone now.

V good.

So are you buying two of them, Jud? ;) 

11 hours ago, TwoLegged said:

V good.

So are you buying two of them, Jud? ;) 

Eventually we all will. I remember a sailing teacher saying “you don’t need those GPS gadgets; you have charts and LORAN!” Now I have GPSs all over the boat, an EPIRB, PLB, DSC, radar, autopilot and AIS. I didn’t watch the video but if these Oscar thingamajigs can keep me from hitting objects in the water, and the price comes down, I will probably have one well before the decade is over.

2 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

Eventually we all will. I remember a sailing teacher saying “you don’t need those GPS gadgets; you have charts and LORAN!” Now I have GPSs all over the boat, an EPIRB, PLB, DSC, radar, autopilot and AIS. I didn’t watch the video but if these Oscar thingamajigs can keep me from hitting objects in the water, and the price comes down, I will probably have one well before the decade is over.

Especially if I can get one with a laser cannon. Loneshark with frickin laser beams. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

if these Oscar thingamajigs can keep me from hitting objects in the water, and the price comes down, I will probably have one well before the decade is over.

Such precautions are advisable when sailing a BendyToy  ;) 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:20 AM, TheDragon said:

I'd like to buy a vowel?

2 hours ago, Ajax said:

I'd like to buy a vowel?

I attended a talk by an older State Dept who spent most of his career in the Pacific and then was sent to Yugoslavia.  He said after spending most of his career in place names like Eiao, coming to Grzny was to make up for the lack of consonants. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, European Bloke said:

Orcas would never go up The Deben. They'd be too scared of crossing the bar, like everyone else who wasn't born within 11 miles of Ipswich.

The bar can be  shifting shingle fekker

However, on the right day at low tide in a simulated  clinker sailing dinghy named after a socialist icon with no rudder and no centreplate it is a wonderful place.... a geologists paradise. Long shore drift brings ten million year old Weird shaped rock to this magical place

• Like 2

Oh, deliciousness! Look what showed up deep in my feed:

Young Sean Penn and one of the Vanderpump cougahs. "I'm pushing all the buttons and nothing works."

1 hour ago, Diarmuid said:

Oh, deliciousness! Look what showed up deep in my feed:

Young Sean Penn and one of the Vanderpump cougahs. "I'm pushing all the buttons and nothing works."

That's a good candidate for Most Boring Boat Video Ever.  Inane people motor their sailboat a few miles in flat calm.  The only interesting bit is how she manages to combine inanity with being annoying.

Look what showed up deep in my feed:

in all seriousness - explain this to me.  What and where is 'your feed', how does it work?  I don't really do social media - I dont think I have 'a feed' but perhaps I do and dont know it :)

6 minutes ago, estarzinger said:

in all seriousness - explain this to me.  What and where is 'your feed', how does it work?  I don't really do social media - I dont think I have 'a feed' but perhaps I do and dont know it :)

you need to get on that Evans...look at the viewing gold yer missing!!!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, estarzinger said:

Feed is what you give livestock. Sometimes feed additives work as a purgative. This explains a lot about how 'sailing' videos are created.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

Feed is what you give livestock. Sometimes feed additives work as a purgative. This explains a lot about how 'sailing' videos are created.

so this is the equivalent of the roman Bread and Circuses, designed to keep the masses distracted - seems to be working. 

But they seem to have holes in the system if people like me can't find our distractions - although I am not much of a threat for creating social unrest, so probably all working as intended. 

Here are the three clicks used in Zulu and Xhosa, from Wikipedia. All are easy to do on their own, the trick is integrating them into a word. I grew up in East London, up the coast from Gqeberha, and learned a bit of Xhosa, and later Zulu as a student at WITS in Joburg, but never became fluent. I have not seen the movie, but apparently in the land of Wakanda in Black Panther they spoke Xhosa.

• The easiest clicks for English speakers are the dental clicks written with a single pipe, 〈ǀ〉. These are sharp (high-pitched) squeaky sounds made by sucking on the front teeth. A simple dental click is used in English to express pity or to shame someone, or to call a cat or other animal, and is written tut! in British English and tsk! in American English. In many cultures around the Mediterranean a simple dental click is used for "no" in answer to a direct question. They are written with the letter c in Zulu.
  • Next most familiar to English speakers are the lateral clicks, which are written with a double pipe, 〈ǁ〉. They are also squeaky sounds, though less sharp than [ǀ], made by sucking on the molars on either side (or both sides) of the mouth. A simple lateral click is made in English to get a horse moving, and is conventionally written tchick!. They are written with the letter x in Zulu.
  • With the alveolar clicks, written with an exclamation mark, 〈ǃ〉, the tip of the tongue is pulled down abruptly and forcefully from the roof of the mouth, sometimes using a lot of jaw motion, and making a hollow pop! like a cork being pulled from an empty bottle. Something like these sounds may be used for a 'clip-clop' sound as noted above. These sounds can be quite loud. They are written with the letter q in Zulu.
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, TwoLegged said:

That's a good candidate for Most Boring Boat Video Ever.  Inane people motor their sailboat a few miles in flat calm.  The only interesting bit is how she manages to combine inanity with being annoying.

I watched it with the sound off. Here is a summary.

0:25 they debate attempting the treacherous waters of the ICW

1:30 she tries to raise the anchor

4:30 those tits look fake

4:55 anchor is finally up

5:05 Pomeranians wearing life preservers

9:44 definitely fake

10:05 he never shuts the fuck up

10:30 they are afraid of going under a very tall bridge

11:44 they go under the bridge

• Like 3

Meanwhile, over in the Quixotic Quests department, Wave Rover appears to be plotting another tilt at the windmill.  He wants to build his own boat this time, and he appears to have gotten Brent Swain* to draw him up a flat-bottomed bilge keeler version of the Mini 580.  It's not every day someone gets turned back from a circumnavigation and thinks "you know what... I really need a smaller, lighter, flatter bottomed boat!"  He seems to be planning to head back to the Azores, then down to Panama again.

I kinda like the guy, and respect that he put in a lot of sea miles in a Contessa 26.  But this venture seems to have a touch of Yrvind about it.

* I'm only guessing that it's Brent Swain coz he mentions him in the vid.  I know nothing about the guy other than that a lot of SA threads seem to disparage him.  Wave Rover guy has so far only he's "a naval architect" identity apparently to be revealed in the next vid.

4 minutes ago, Corryvreckan said:

Meanwhile, over in the Quixotic Quests department, Wave Rover appears to be plotting another tilt at the windmill.  He wants to build his own boat this time, and he appears to have gotten Brent Swain* to draw him up a flat-bottomed bilge keeler version of the Mini 580.  It's not every day someone gets turned back from a circumnavigation and thinks "you know what... I really need a smaller, lighter, flatter bottomed boat!"  He seems to be planning to head back to the Azores, then down to Panama again.

I kinda like the guy, and respect that he put in a lot of sea miles in a Contessa 26.  But this venture seems to have a touch of Yrvind about it.

* I'm only guessing that it's Brent Swain coz he mentions him in the vid.  I know nothing about the guy other than that a lot of SA threads seem to disparage him.  Wave Rover guy has so far only he's "a naval architect" identity apparently to be revealed in the next vid.

Well, that certainly leaves Brent out.

I'd listen very carefully to all the advice Brent was prepared to offer, then do the opposite. On a few small areas you'd be wrong, but overall you'd be way ahead.

FKT

12 minutes ago, Corryvreckan said:

I'm only guessing that it's Brent Swain coz he mentions him in the vid.  I know nothing about the guy other than that a lot of SA threads seem to disparage him.

Briefly, Brent was on SA, and was a vicious, nasty troll.  Brent didn't just pick fights with Bob Perry; he stalked Bob, and was wickedly cruel to him.

Personally, I think that some of Brent's ideas have merit for a tough, cheapo, very crude boat.  But the man himself is a very nasty piece of work

42 minutes ago, Corryvreckan said:

I guess I’m not surprised. He seemed to fancy himself an inventor. Even though he invents things that have already been invented, like his windvane and hatch etc. Personally if I was nuts enough to try crossing oceans in a cheap small boat a Contessa 26 would be good choice. Certainly better than this thing.

It doesn’t seem to have a head. So good luck with that.

Brent was a troll, but mainly he was a sad, deluded origami boat builder who had convinced himself he had discovered the one, true way. He was humbled and enraged by true naval architects like Robert Perry and got himself banished to mudflats of Comox. Like all idiots, he had a few good ideas by accident. But, if you ever encounter a steel boat built by Brent, run away, run away!

2 hours ago, estarzinger said:

Your feed is your personal messages, subscribed notifications ("Mads Dahlke has posted a new fettling update on his home page <link>)", and an array of content suggestions lovingly curated for you by some algorithm that knows altogether too much about the sort of shit you tend to look at on your phone.

So when I go to YouTube.com, I see a header bar of favorite topics in cartouches: Sailboats, Premier League, Kittens, SciShow, History, Climbing, Wildlife. Top right is the bell icon for notifications: messages, replies to my comments, new posting alerts -- depends on site settings. Down the left sidebar is a list of channels I have subscribed to. Then the main window is a smattering of videos YouTube thinks I may want to watch; perhaps a quarter of them, I do. :)

That's your feed. It's an Old Media term, of course. 'Live feed from the floor of the Senate."

4 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

Your feed is your personal messages, subscribed notifications ("Mads Dahlke has posted a new fettling update on his home page <link>)", and an array of content suggestions lovingly curated for you by some algorithm that knows altogether too much about the sort of shit you tend to look at on your phone/

Or you can just browse YouTube without logging in, with ad blocker deployed, and with your browser set to delete all cookies and history after every session. Then the algorithms are pretty clueless and your feed can be whatever you choose.

3 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

So when I go to YouTube.com...

oh, ok, no wonder - I don't ever go to youtube home page, never seen any reason to.

Don't think I ever get any personal messages there.  I am subscribed to one channel (HowNOTtoHIGHLINE) but I never see any sort of of notifications I guess because I dont go to the home page.

I just looked there - they surprisingly don't seem to know much about me - zero bicycling content suggested which is my biggest thing atm.

Anyway - interesting - thanks.

15 minutes ago, Jim in Halifax said:

Or you can just browse YouTube without logging in, with ad blocker deployed, and with your browser set to delete all cookies and history after every session. Then the algorithms are pretty clueless and your feed can be whatever you choose.

I do that occasionally, or log in as an alter ego with very different predilections. Problem is, tho, if you visit the site as Pure Anon, you get the most random and loathsome front page content imaginable.  New Megan Thee Stallion music video (ft. DaBaby)! Dubai kids showing off Lambos and big gold chains! Renew your tired countertops with Walmart contact paper!

If you just clicked on those links and you ARE logged into YouTube, your feed is gonna look different for a couple of days.:D:o It's good to shake things up.

16 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Link to hot 30-something gal in a hot locale in a 6 minute and seventeen second vid, please? Ricky don't do cold.....:D

Read the thread from the beginning. 

Lots of warm pulchritude.

Aequus?

What happens on the boat, stays on the boat.

Equusposter77.jpg

You beat me to it.

Somewhere in another thread, somebody quoted Lyle Lovett:

And if I had a boat
I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony
I'd ride him on my boat

Takes on a whole new meaning in this context.

• Like 1

Don’t expect weekly vids from this Irish chap. But maybe he will be doing weekly vids.  (Nowadays, with satellite comms, who knows.)  In any case, he’s not planning to be in too many warm places - in fact he’s not planning to stop anywhere.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

In any case, he’s not planning to be in too many warm places - in fact he’s not planning to stop anywhere.

He's from Limerick.  So he will have stop somewhere to have a fight, or else he will never be allowed home

• Like 1
Just now, TwoLegged said:

He's from Limerick.  So he will have stop somewhere to have a fight, or else he will never be allowed home

I would’ve thought dudes from Limerick would be expert rhymers, not fighters, excelling at rap battles instead of actual battles...

38 minutes ago, TwoLegged said:

Glad to see the stereotyping is focussed inwards as well as outwards. At least you're consistent.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

I would’ve thought dudes from Limerick would be expert rhymers, not fighters, excelling at rap battles instead of actual battles...

There once was a girl from Kinsale

Who had the most wonderful smell

I got her quite pissed

And she couldn’t resist

So now we’re both going to hell

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Haha.  But google "stab city".

35 minutes ago, loneshark64 said:

No doubt about it! USCG Hybrid Type II PFDs.

I can believe those would turn an unconscious person face-upward, but we will require certification by an independent lab they supply 15.5lbs buoyancy. I nominate Loneshark Industries, LLC for the hands-on testing.

• Like 1
Just now, TwoLegged said:

Haha.  But google "stab city".

Hmm, I think I’ll pass on that.

I watched “The Killing of Farkhunda” the other day, trying to get a feel for modern-day Afghanistan (given the return of the Taliban there), and that has depressed me enough...

25 minutes ago, Diarmuid said:

I can believe those would turn an unconscious person face-upward, but we will require certification by an independent lab they supply 15.5lbs buoyancy. I nominate Loneshark Industries, LLC for the hands-on testing.

I volunteer to check the inflation mechanism.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Diarmuid said:

Safety first! 
I have to decline however. The admiral assures me that if I participate in this sort of testing the unconscious person will be me.

• Like 1
On 8/23/2021 at 6:16 PM, estarzinger said:

I don't really do social media -

You've avoided this plague. Please don't start now.

• Like 2