Dee Smith

o69u812

I've watched you blabber on about this for what seems like forever, now that it's over I see you getting in your last shot. So here's mine, Scot he's nothing to me and I really don't care. But I'm going to guess you have no idea what it's like to have a major back injury, and more so, the magnitude that he does (I hear he's a cancer survivor, the MIR looks like a train track of pins holding the spine together) Should this qualify him to race the other disabled sailors, I guess it did. Get over it.

And the petty little shots at Scuttlefuck dude and USFailing... It shows how much energy you waste on BS when you might try putting some real content on the site.

Rob Moore RIP said it best - you're like the crazy guy shouting on the street corner.

Out.

I hear Dee's coach was a witness to get Matt Bugg, DSQ'd. I was told Matt was winning that race too.

It was apparently a Tacking too close on Spain. Ya think there was a bit of a conflict of interest there on behalf of Dee Dee ??

Tacking to close in a 14', 4 knt boat is a pretty ambiguous call. and if you have never raced a 2.4mR, do not comment.

Matt was robbed of a gold medal by Dee Dee's coach.

I also hear Dee Dee is saying how he would have won if there was no throw out. What a puss.

I've watched you blabber on about this for what seems like forever, now that it's over I see you getting in your last shot. So here's mine, Scot he's nothing to me and I really don't care. But I'm going to guess you have no idea what it's like to have a major back injury, and more so, the magnitude that he does (I hear he's a cancer survivor, the MIR looks like a train track of pins holding the spine together) Should this qualify him to race the other disabled sailors, I guess it did. Get over it.

And the petty little shots at Scuttlefuck dude and USFailing... It shows how much energy you waste on BS when you might try putting some real content on the site.

Rob Moore RIP said it best - you're like the crazy guy shouting on the street corner.

Out.

Please correct me, but under the influence of LSD I saw a picture of Dee Smith, standing on a deck, after a major ocean race (was it the Transpac?) I must have been hallucinating,

I hear Dee's coach was a witness to get Matt Bugg, DSQ'd. I was told Matt was winning that race too.

It was apparently a Tacking too close on Spain. Ya think there was a bit of a conflict of interest there on behalf of Dee Dee ??

Tacking to close in a 14', 4 knt boat is a pretty ambiguous call. and if you have never raced a 2.4mR, do not comment.

Your bitterness knows no bounds. Have you read the protest details? Are you aware of the reopening of the case and the second set of findings, where DS's coach didn't present evidence? Bugg was not lobbed because of the testimony of Dee Smith's coach. He would have been lobbed without that, although I will agree that juries need to understand who is who in any protest, and what special interests they might have in the result. In my experience, top class international juries are pretty good at seeing through that stuff.

I only met Dee Smith once. He came with a big reputation and didn't mind expanding on his favourite topic, the legend that is Dee Smith.

I watched, and heard, him racing at fairly close proximity during the Para Worlds here in Melbourne so I have a view of him formed on and off the water.

I came away with the apparently widely held view that the guy is a self promoting douche-cunt.

I am sure beyond all doubt that he has a disability, just not one that might legitimately qualify him for the Paralympics. Nice to see he underachieved when measured against his own lofty standards. His douche move on Matt Bugg is no surprise. Matt = Silver, Dee = Turd.

SA's editors have got to pick a line of thought. When you guys piss and moan by putting medals first, shit like this happens. If you want people, real people, to compete you're gonna have to drop all this pretense and remember to honor the competition instead of the outcome. People in charge forgot that and this fiasco happened. Don't know who is right and I don't care.

Paralympics dropped sailing. Maybe that's ok. Starting to think that'd be alright for the Olympics too.

SA's editors have got to pick a line of thought. When you guys piss and moan by putting medals first, shit like this happens. If you want people, real people, to compete you're gonna have to drop all this pretense and remember to honor the competition instead of the outcome. People in charge forgot that and this fiasco happened. Don't know who is right and I don't care.

Paralympics dropped sailing. Maybe that's ok. Starting to think that'd be alright for the Olympics too.

next Olympics let just honor the competition instead of the outcome., so we do not need to keep score and we can just give out prizes to everyone that came like they do in Tee ball or pee wee soccer. so how do they decide who goes to the Olympics by who crys the most to get there way. I guess there is no crying in Roller skating

Out.

how does it feel to be such a bitter, angry cunt that you have to go to Rob Moore - the guy who said we wouldn't last a month - to try to validate your tiresome, outdated and pussy-weak arguments. You - nameless bitch - are just the kind of douche who is bad for this sport - try to overlook smith's and us sailing transgressions while weaving scuttlebutthole into it and yet somehow this is my fault! fucking priceless.

but, gutless one - you can redeem yourself by simply dropping me an e-mail and telling me who you are. pussy.

next Olympics let just honor the competition instead of the outcome., so we do not need to keep score and we can just give out prizes to everyone that came like they do in Tee ball or pee wee soccer. so how do they decide who goes to the Olympics by who crys the most to get there way. I guess there is no crying in Roller skating

There's a huge difference between green fleet ribbons and simply not talking shit about people who didn't make the medals. They're still Olympians and we sent them.

Out.

how does it feel to be such a bitter, angry cunt that you have to go to Rob Moore - the guy who said we wouldn't last a month - to try to validate your tiresome, outdated and pussy-weak arguments. You - nameless bitch - are just the kind of douche who is bad for this sport - try to overlook smith's and us sailing transgressions while weaving scuttlebutthole into it and yet somehow this is my fault! fucking priceless.

but, gutless one - you can redeem yourself by simply dropping me an e-mail and telling me who you are. pussy.

sounds like he upset you, but i think he has a pint. Maybe your are the true dbag here... ;)

Out.

dc7d1d74eb21e7318a15ba72104d7b37799263a5

Your bitterness knows no bounds. Have you read the protest details? Are you aware of the reopening of the case and the second set of findings, where DS's coach didn't present evidence? Bugg was not lobbed because of the testimony of Dee Smith's coach. He would have been lobbed without that, although I will agree that juries need to understand who is who in any protest, and what special interests they might have in the result. In my experience, top class international juries are pretty good at seeing through that stuff.

Had you left the first sentence out you would have had a good post. It amazes me how you call me bitter all the time when you only see typed words. You must be a very cynical person.

The case was reopened, so testimony was still on the books from the first protest hearing. No new testimony was offered so, so the original stands. Did a new Committee hear the re-opened case?

And you must have missed my statement where I said "I was told". so go pound sand.

I've been involved in disabled sailing in Canada for over ten years as a volunteer coach and companion sailor. I don't know the exact extent of his injuries so I won't speculate on his eligibility. Every sailor dealing with disabilities faces a different set of challenges. We do our best to level the boats with adaptive technology ranging from electric winches to sip and puff systems. Still, it's not a perfect system.

Until you've experienced the thrill of sharing our sport with disabled sailors, you can't appreciate the sheer joy they exude as they leave the dock. For many of my disabled friends, the idea of ever participating in an athletic competition was beyond their wildest dreams. Dee has had the opportunity to race all over the planet in some pretty prestigious events. Whether he qualified or not, I believe it would have been the right thing to do to let someone with more pronounced physical challenges have a shot at experiencing that same thrill.

While we're on topic, a big shout out to my friends Paul Tingley, Logan Campbell and Scott Lutes for bringing home bronze in the Sonar at the Paralympics in Rio!

post-769-0-01887800-1474406879_thumb.jpeg

I've been involved in disabled sailing in Canada for over ten years as a volunteer coach and companion sailor. I don't know the exact extent of his injuries so I won't speculate on his eligibility. Every sailor dealing with disabilities faces a different set of challenges. We do our best to level the boats with adaptive technology ranging from electric winches to sip and puff systems. Still, it's not a perfect system.

Until you've experienced the thrill of sharing our sport with disabled sailors, you can't appreciate the sheer joy they exude as they leave the dock. For many of my disabled friends, the idea of ever participating in an athletic competition was beyond their wildest dreams. Dee has had the opportunity to race all over the planet in some pretty prestigious events. Whether he qualified or not, I believe it would have been the right thing to do to let someone with more pronounced physical challenges have a shot at experiencing that same thrill.

While we're on topic, a big shout out to my friends Paul Tingley, Logan Campbell and Scott Lutes for bringing home bronze in the Sonar at the Paralympics in Rio!

I know I said some harsh things about you in reference to another issue, a few years back. Despite that history, you speak a truth here with more elegance than others. The opportunity Dee filled could have changed somebody's life. Instead, it is a foot note for Dee and has earned him disrespect from his fellow sailors.

Respect for the work you do with the Canadian program, Bedford.

I just got back from Mobility Cup. My buddy's attendant didn't show up. For the week, I was his attendant and I did all those things and served as a companion sailor for the week. Kevin and I have been friends for over ten years and, on several occasions, I have had to jump in and do whatever was needed to help him out. I have even had to reattach a catheter during a race. On top of sailing, Kevin and I scuba dive and fly gliders together.

I don't just ride around in the back of a Martin. I also take groups of disabled kids sailing, some are completely nonverbal. I took a guy with spina biffida out sailing in a Martin a couple weeks ago. He was completely nonverbal. As we were sailing off the dock, his nurse told me that, if he started punching himself in the face, I should bring him in. Then, as we were clearing the marina she yells, "He might have a seizure when you're out there but it's not likely!"

Sometimes, it's better to considered a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Tell me do also mock the people that volunteer their time so that you can race?

Game, set and match to the Canadians!

Dawg, sometimes you are your own worst enemy.

Shut the fuck up.

Bedford is doing good things for a cause which you are constantly pushing.

It is not necessary for a person to be disabled to do good.

Try saying thank you rather than being an arse.

Shut the fuck up.

+1

I know I said some harsh things about you in reference to another issue, a few years back. Despite that history, you speak a truth here with more elegance than others. The opportunity Dee filled could have changed somebody's life. Instead, it is a foot note for Dee and has earned him disrespect from his fellow sailors.

Were you this much of a grizzled cunt before your accident or is your mental condition a result of your accident as well?

Why the fuck are you attacking someone who 1) is taking your side on this and 2) volunteers to help disabled sailing?

Shut the fuck up.

I was not going after bedford.

Shut the fuck up.

I was not going after bedford.

Uhhh. Ive kept quiet until now.

You were clearly having a rant at Bedford. It was clearly misplaced. That's okay......its okay to have a bad day and vent. But it takes strength of character to acknowledge it was out of order and apologize.

Otherwise, how is this different from Dee Smith's reputation for yelling and being a general arse?

Apparently the post I wanted to quote is not the one in my post. Somehow Rail Meat and Bedford got quoted. and I just punched the button.

I profusely apologize and have sent PM's to them both.

My really bad bad.

Aaaaand back to our regularly-scheduled slagging of the Bald Ego.

This whole thing reminds me of the South Park episode when Cartman joins the special Olympics for easy pickings and gets his ass kicked.

Thanks to all,

Did anyone see the season primer of South Park with the Turd Sandwich (Hillary) and the Douche Bag (Trump)?

I can't wait for the debate tonight and South Park Episode Wednesday.

I've been away busy with the Opti PCC Regatta at Ventura YC. Scoring and computer shit as is goes.

Shit happens

Maybe Dee got the idea here;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2458715/Spanish-basketball-team-pretended-disabled-win-Paralympic-gold.html

Now, since he is not at idiot (quite the contrary) Dee got a gullible doctor who ignored that the had raced long distance races. ignored his comment: "I'm not handicapped", believed his sad story and, decided that the only boat the poor man was able to race was the 2.4m. And the ISAF, desperate for a medal after years of mismanagement, allowed this travesty.

When you compare this pile of cowshit with Santiago Lange, who lost half a lung, and instead of whining or seeking advantage of any kind. won GOLD, it's clear who is a man and who is a turd;

Isn't the real issue with Dee Smith that there is an allegation that he was coached for his disabled assessment and that without that coaching, he might not have been classified as disabled.

Shame on you for suggesting that! An extremely ethical, a sailor who would never sacrificed his soul for a medal. NEVER!

Isn't the real issue with Dee Smith that there is an allegation that he was coached for his disabled assessment and that without that coaching, he might not have been classified as disabled.

Shame on you for suggesting that! An extremely ethical, a sailor who would never sacrificed his soul for a medal. NEVER!

Maybe Dee got the idea here;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2458715/Spanish-basketball-team-pretended-disabled-win-Paralympic-gold.html

Now, since he is not at idiot (quite the contrary) Dee got a gullible doctor who ignored that the had raced long distance races. ignored his comment: "I'm not handicapped", believed his sad story and, decided that the only boat the poor man was able to race was the 2.4m. And the ISAF, desperate for a medal after years of mismanagement, allowed this travesty.

When you compare this pile of cowshit with Santiago Lange, who lost half a lung, and instead of whining or seeking advantage of any kind. won GOLD, it's clear who is a man and who is a turd;

I heard about the Spanish BB team but never looked into it.

I think the difference with Lange and Smith can be measured by weighing their balls. If Dee only had any :lol::lol::lol:

I must admit this, because it's some kind of a record: an American won 4th at the Paralympics AND became the most despised turd in sailing, ever.

In the same week when Jim Kilroy died. Sometimes Death doesn't choose wisely.

Out.

After all that has revealed about DEE SMITH, you must be his gay lover or a pay shill.

Out.

After all that has revealed about DEE SMITH, you must be his gay lover or a pay shill.

Reading comprehension a problem for you is it? See where I said he's nothing to me and I really don't care? But I do know about back injuries, trust me they can be a lot worse than sailing w/o a leg sitting inside a 2.4 BS on the front page won't stop, and sadly they won't have an olympics for them in Japan, I'm over it move on

Archived