2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Asylum seekers would get "through" regardless of a wall. 

How're you going to handle these legal-until-processed immigrants?

With a secure border asylum seekers would get through only if granted asylum.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would be all in for spending $5.7 billion on building a wall in the US...   between church and state.    That would do a helluva lot more to keep us safe than the Trump Maginot L

It's troubling that you support Milo being able to go where ever he wants but don't want hard working immigrants looking for a better life into our country. If these folks were trying to get into

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

With a secure border asylum seekers would get through only if granted asylum.

Incorrect!

That's not how the law, nor our treaty obligations work. All they have to do is utter the magic words to an officer, and in the queue they go.

A Wall is no barrier to that. You do realize that families are coming across and actually looking for officers in which to surrender, right?

9 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Clearly you ARE this stupid. Of that, there was never a doubt.

For J28, he can't seem to differentiate asylum seekers for which we need to either house or "catch and release" and your basic border-crosser who can be immediately deported, no housing required.

Hey J28, here's a good article on it. 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-expedited-removal-allows-deportation-without-hearing.html

Right back at ya slick.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-republican-catch-and-release-in-full-effect-at-border

“A senior House Republican said Monday the Trump administration has resorted to implementing “catch and release” at the border instead of after being held for several weeks due to the sheer number of migrants illegally crossing from Mexico into the U.S. and claim to have a credible fear of returning home. 

“Law enforcement doesn’t have the resources to process and detain the crushing influx of migrants arriving at the border. As a result, they are directly releasing migrants into the United States – catch and release,” House Homeland Security ranking member Mike Rogers, R-Ala., said in a statement Monday. “Without Congressional action, the situation on the ground poses a serious threat to human life and national security.””

@Raz'rHow many coming across the border every day are asylum-seekers and how many are migrants?  Are you OK with catch and release?  Nancy better understand she can’t just stand behind a podium and call this all Trump’s fault anymore.

5 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Incorrect!

That's not how the law, nor our treaty obligations work. All they have to do is utter the magic words to an officer, and in the queue they go.

A Wall is no barrier to that. You do realize that families are coming across and actually looking for officers in which to surrender, right?

"The United States has decided unilaterally to ask them to wait in Mexico while their asylum claims are processed," Rodulfo Figueroa, who heads the Mexican immigration office in Tijuana, said. But the claims could take months, if not years, to process due to a backlog of some 800,000 asylum requests.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-returns-asylum-seekers-under-remain-in-mexico-policy/a-47286739

Just now, Dog said:

"The United States has decided unilaterally to ask them to wait in Mexico while their asylum claims are processed," Rodulfo Figueroa, who heads the Mexican immigration office in Tijuana, said. But the claims could take months, if not years, to process due to a backlog of some 800,000 asylum requests.

https://www.dw.com/en/us-returns-asylum-seekers-under-remain-in-mexico-policy/a-47286739

Don't worry, the courts will stop the law-breaking administration soon enough.

Just now, Raz'r said:

Don't worry, the courts will stop the law-breaking administration soon enough.

A secure border and a Wait in Mexico policy would weed out the 90% who don't qualify for asylum.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

A secure border and a Wait in Mexico policy would weed out the 90% who don't qualify for asylum.

why do you hate the American justice system?

Does anyone else find it odd that in the last 6 or so months we have amassed an army on the southern border with $$, facilities, weapons and equipment capable of "Defending" our southern border with more to come??  I have an uneasy feeling that if Mexico does not bow to the orange one he is going to use his executive powers to take the rio and points beyond, much like Putin took The Ukraine..  I mean, heck, even a mile or two would give him an excuse to build more wall to defend the "New Territory".  Does TJ have anything that would be economically viable as a US asset??  No way the cartels could (or would) take on the US army, Would they??  

27 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Does anyone else find it odd that in the last 6 or so months we have amassed an army on the southern border with $$, facilities, weapons and equipment capable of "Defending" our southern border with more to come??  I have an uneasy feeling that if Mexico does not bow to the orange one he is going to use his executive powers to take the rio and points beyond, much like Putin took The Ukraine..  I mean, heck, even a mile or two would give him an excuse to build more wall to defend the "New Territory".  Does TJ have anything that would be economically viable as a US asset??  No way the cartels could (or would) take on the US army, Would they??  

Do you think people are following you constantly?  Hear sounds in the night?  Do you believe the world is out to get you?  Based on your answers to these questions and your post history, it seems you may be just a little on the paranoid side of mental illness.

3 hours ago, J28 said:

Do you think people are following you constantly?  Hear sounds in the night?  Do you believe the world is out to get you?  Based on your answers to these questions and your post history, it seems you may be just a little on the paranoid side of mental illness.

How very very observant of you sir.   Those black helicopters circling above my house are just a coincidence right??  I am going to put my tinfoil hat back on and disapear for a bit.  

Cheers.   

• Like 1

"EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The surge of migrant families arriving at the southern border has led the Trump administration to dramatically expand a practice President Donald Trump has long mocked as "catch and release."

With immigrant processing and holding centers overwhelmed, the administration is busing people hundreds of miles inland and releasing them at Greyhound stations and churches in cities like Albuquerque, San Antonio and Phoenix because towns close to the border already have more than they can handle".

https://hosted.ap.org/article/ed3d75ce348d4be3bc7fdf02bc43e1d6/us-resorts-expanded-catch-and-release-migrants-surge

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

"EL PASO, Texas (AP) — The surge of migrant families arriving at the southern border has led the Trump administration to dramatically expand a practice President Donald Trump has long mocked as "catch and release."

With immigrant processing and holding centers overwhelmed, the administration is busing people hundreds of miles inland and releasing them at Greyhound stations and churches in cities like Albuquerque, San Antonio and Phoenix because towns close to the border already have more than they can handle".

https://hosted.ap.org/article/ed3d75ce348d4be3bc7fdf02bc43e1d6/us-resorts-expanded-catch-and-release-migrants-surge

She added: "This is going to be a public health disaster. These are small children, these are families, these are babies, and we cannot have people just out in the heat."

Authorities said family arrivals along the U.S.-Mexico border reached an all-time high in February of 45,827 arrests or denials of entry.

"We didn't have family groups for years and years, like we have now," ICE's Archambault said. "Our facilities are not made for this. We have diapers and baby formula and all this stuff, like a nursery."

In another sign of how U.S. authorities are being tested as rarely before, figures released Tuesday show a significant drop in prosecutions for illegal entry, even as arrests have climbed sharply. The numbers are at odds with Trump's vow to prosecute everyone who enters the country illegally.

In February, Customs and Border Protection referred 8,998 illegal-entry cases to prosecutors along the border, a drop of 12% from January and 23% from October, according to Syracuse University's Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse.

People who are crashing the border looking for work don't bring babies. People fleeing the violence and corruption back home do.

Prosecutions are sharply down in this time of crisis?

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

Those forests aren't going to rake themselves, Dog

29 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Those forests aren't going to rake themselves, Dog

Do you believe the border wall we have now should be demolished like the Berlin wall you compare it to?

3 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Well we need to give "asylum seekers" an option. Remain in detention until you petition for asylum can be heard RO free trip home. This is the actual root of the problem.

And first off they are not really asylum seekers. They are aliens trying to enter and stay in the US illegally. Once caught they exploit the asylum system with the understanding that in all likelihood they will be released pending a hearing...…… I wonder how many asylum seekers actually show up for their hearing?

And this is a crisis but for some reason there is a whole segment of our society who would prefer to see these human beings living in the shadows, living in squalor and working on the cheap. Dang shame.

And acknoledge that Trump was right and that their "manufactured crisis" line was bullshit?

48 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

...   ...

And first off they are not really asylum seekers. They are aliens trying to enter and stay in the US illegally. Once caught they exploit the asylum system ...    ....

That's certainly the party line; at least you can articulate this better than Trump can.

However it is just a baseless assertion, like Chessie's saying that all these asylum seekers were arrested while sneaking across the desert.

But hey, as long as your inner racist is telling you this stuff, why bother attempting to look at the fact?

-DSK

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's certainly the party line; at least you can articulate this better than Trump can.

However it is just a baseless assertion, like Chessie's saying that all these asylum seekers were arrested while sneaking across the desert.

But hey, as long as your inner racist is telling you this stuff, why bother attempting to look at the fact?

-DSK

Keep making shit up Steamers - you're not very good at it, but ya do it a lot. 

18 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Keep making shit up Steamers - you're not very good at it, but ya do it a lot. 

Was it not your assertion (very very similar to BDB's) that the asylum seekers were crossing illegally, I think the phrase "broken in" was how you put it?

If you don't like your own "logic" then we have something in common, I don't like it either. But blaming me is not gonna help

-DSK

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Was it not your assertion (very very similar to BDB's) that the asylum seekers were crossing illegally, I think the phrase "broken in" was how you put it?

If you don't like your own "logic" then we have something in common, I don't like it either. But blaming me is not gonna help

-DSK

Reading is fundamental - you might want to try it before you assign comments to someone else. 

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Well we need to give "asylum seekers" an option. Remain in detention until you petition for asylum can be heard RO free trip home. This is the actual root of the problem.

And first off they are not really asylum seekers. They are aliens trying to enter and stay in the US illegally. Once caught they exploit the asylum system with the understanding that in all likelihood they will be released pending a hearing...…… I wonder how many asylum seekers actually show up for their hearing?

And this is a crisis but for some reason there is a whole segment of our society who would prefer to see these human beings living in the shadows, living in squalor and working on the cheap. Dang shame.

You know, we have these things called laws. The Exec can’t just change them.

i find it interesting that the Rs did nothing for the 8 years they had the house. I wonder why?

“Those who enter our country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law. And because we live in an age where terrorists are challenging our borders, we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked. Americans are right to demand better border security and better enforcement of the immigration laws.”

7 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Could it be that there is no emergency?

Well, there is an emergency in the lives of the migrant families.  Otherwise they wouldn’t be walking 1000 miles or more to knock on our door.

The rest of the situation is caused by government failures at both ends of their desperate trek.  Take some incompetence, Stir in a little xenophobia phobia and racial bias and bingo you’ve cooked up something you can call an “invasion” for political consumption 

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Sure it's the question. Because Trump deployed emergency powers to build his wall. And the population of illegal immigrants has been declining.

Avoiding the issue again?   Tell me Jiblets - what would YOU do if you were handed the authority to address immigration?  

8 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Well, there is an emergency in the lives of the migrant families.  Otherwise they wouldn’t be walking 1000 miles or more to knock on our door.

The rest of the situation is caused by government failures at both ends of their desperate trek.  Take some incompetence, Stir in a little xenophobia phobia and racial bias and bingo you’ve cooked up something you can call an “invasion” for political consumption 

They could "knock on the door" from home.

25 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I've disproved this lie of yours a half dozen times. Asylum seekers can't apply from home. Is it the shit rightwing boards you read that reinforce the lies? Why the fuck won't you accept current law and reality Dog? Why do you still lie?

That may be true for the approximately 10% who are legitimate asylum seekers. The other 90% who just want a job in the US, not so much.

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The issue is it's a problem because Trump wants to make it a bigger problem.

What would YOU do Jiblets?   You cut that part of the question out of your response, so I know you read it. 

Come up with something substantive for a change instead of just trying to knock holes in the comments of those you think you disagree with. 

32 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's a legal process no matter your lies. Change the law. Or shut the fuck up.

A legal process that does not require leaving your homeland. I know damn well because I did it.

51 minutes ago, Dog said:

They could "knock on the door" from home.

but they are smarter than that. They seem to know US law better than You and CheetoLini.

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

A legal process that does not require leaving your homeland. I know damn well because I did it.

not required, but staying home is also not the only way.

Just a guess, but you aren't here due to persecution in your home country.

31 minutes ago, Dog said:

I think, perhaps, you are completely mis-stating the situation for your own purposes.

Asylum can be claimed for a number of reasons - many of which in the current situation are because families fear for their lives due to the situations in their countries.  In that light, the smartest thing they can do is flee the situation to save themselves.  Can you please explain further how those families should remain in their homelands?

29 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

but they are smarter than that. They seem to know US law better than You and CheetoLini.

They do know the law which is why they break in rather than follow it.

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

What do you get out of this bullshitting? Asylum is a legal process. If you don't like asylum, get Trump to change it. But stop fucking, bullshitting. 

Everyday the same fucking pingpong with you Trumpalo loons.

That's just it - Trump CAN'T change these laws, because they are international laws that he's trying to skirt.  These are world-wide understood laws that hundreds of countries follow.  That he is manipulating them in this manner is, frankly, a serious problem for the country.  Legally and morally.

Just now, Grrr... said:

I think, perhaps, you are completely mis-stating the situation for your own purposes.

Asylum can be claimed for a number of reasons - many of which in the current situation are because families fear for their lives due to the situations in their countries.  In that light, the smartest thing they can do is flee the situation to save themselves.  Can you please explain further how those families should remain in their homelands?

Legitimate asylum seekers (10% of the total) absolutely should make their way to a port of entry and apply. They are taking advantage of our ineptitude when they break in and apply or break in and apply if apprehended.

15 minutes ago, Dog said:

Legitimate asylum seekers (10% of the total) absolutely should make their way to a port of entry and apply. They are taking advantage of our ineptitude when they break in and apply or break in and apply if apprehended.

So let's say I take your number at face value (which history says I shouldn't).  We agree that they should be able to present themselves at a point of entry and be allowed to apply.

1.  Correct?

Next, let's acknowledge that to get to that 10%, a lot of others who also wish to come to the United States will be applying at Ports of Entry.  Requiring us to allow far more than that 10% to apply.

2.  Correct?

Next, let's talk about where you are going with your other statement.  You are stating that they "break in" and "break out".  Even people in the United States illegally have the right to apply for Asylum.  It's our law.  Do you recognize that?

3.  Yes, or No?

Do you agree that the illegals coming to this country are actually FAR below the numbers that came here just a short time ago? (10-20 years)

4.  Yes or No?

Do you agree that this did not constitute an emergency then?

5.  Yes or No?

Do you legitimately believe that building a physical wall between the U.S. and Mexico that we will have to pay for will diminish the number of illegal immigrants coming to the United States?

6.  Yes or No?

Do you agree that VISA overstays are a much larger share of illegal immigrant problem than people crossing the border?

7.  Yes or No?

Let's see if you can actually answer these questions or if you're going to just try to slide away from them.

2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

So let's say I take your number at face value (which history says I shouldn't) <This is where I stopped... Fuck off unless you can back that up  We agree that they should be able to present themselves at a point of entry and be allowed to apply.

1.  Correct?

Next, let's acknowledge that to get to that 10%, a lot of others who also wish to come to the United States will be applying at Ports of Entry.  Requiring us to allow far more than that 10% to apply.

2.  Correct?

Next, let's talk about where you are going with your other statement.  You are stating that they "break in" and "break out".  Even people in the United States illegally have the right to apply for Asylum.  It's our law.  Do you recognize that?

3.  Yes, or No?

Do you agree that the illegals coming to this country are actually FAR below the numbers that came here just a short time ago? (10-20 years)

4.  Yes or No?

Do you agree that this did not constitute an emergency then?

5.  Yes or No?

Do you legitimately believe that building a physical wall between the U.S. and Mexico that we will have to pay for will diminish the number of illegal immigrants coming to the United States?

6.  Yes or No?

Do you agree that VISA overstays are a much larger share of illegal immigrant problem than people crossing the border?

7.  Yes or No?

Let's see if you can actually answer these questions or if you're going to just try to slide away from them.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

And it's a Doggy Dodge again. Oh what a surprise.

My god.  That's his most priceless response yet.  I offer to take his number at face value but he's so scared he still avoids the questions.

Ok Dog, you spineless wonder.

In 2016, 73,081 cases of asylum were considered.  20455 individuals were granted.  That's 28%.  That happens to be the most recent year I can find numbers for, but is 300% your quoted number.

Now move on and answer my questions please.  I've answered yours.

19 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Ok Dog, you spineless wonder.

In 2016, 73,081 cases of asylum were considered.  20455 individuals were granted.  That's 28%.  That happens to be the most recent year I can find numbers for, but is 300% your quoted number.

Now move on and answer my questions please.  I've answered yours.

Fuck off,  you're just being a dick....

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/nielsen-only-9-10-percent-central-americans-are-granted-asylum

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-u-s-asylum-process/

How many people are granted asylum?  Nearly 20,500 individuals in FY 2016. In fiscal year (FY) 2016, the most recent year for which data are available, 20,455 individuals were granted asylum, which is about 28 percent out of the 73,081 cases.

I've answered your question again, with the same solid and verifiable numbers I used before.  Yours is an approximation that is admittedly potentially stratified differently than mine because she states that it only applies to Central Americans.  Either way, I've answered your question thoroughly. Answer mine please.

6 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-u-s-asylum-process/

How many people are granted asylum?

Nearly 20,500 individuals in FY 2016. In fiscal year (FY) 2016, the most recent year for which data are available, 20,455 individuals were granted asylum, which is about 28 percent out of the 73,081 cases.

I'm being a dick how?  I've answered your question.  Answer mine please.

From your own cite.

"Where do asylees resettling in the U.S. come from? Mostly from China followed by the Northern Triangle countries. Nearly 22 percent of individuals who were granted asylum affirmatively or defensively in FY 2016 came from China, followed by El Salvador (10.5 percent), Guatemala (9.5 percent), Honduras (7.4 percent) and Mexico (4.5 percent)"

BTW.....You're not being a dick because you're wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

From your own cite.

"Where do asylees resettling in the U.S. come from? Mostly from China followed by the Northern Triangle countries. Nearly 22 percent of individuals who were granted asylum affirmatively or defensively in FY 2016 came from China, followed by El Salvador (10.5 percent), Guatemala (9.5 percent), Honduras (7.4 percent) and Mexico (4.5 percent)"

As I said, your data was stratified differently than the number I used. Kudos for finding that clarification.  I have answered your questions.  And continued to engage you.  Are you capable or willing to answer my questions as posted above?

Just now, Grrr... said:

As I said, your data was stratified differently than the number I used.  I have answered your questions.  And continued to engage you.  Are you capable or willing to answer my questions as posted above?

You claim I have a history that says you should not accept my number. That's bullshit, fuck off.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

They do know the law which is why they break in rather than follow it.

Why do you lie? Does it give you a happy feeling?

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

You claim I have a history that says you should not accept my number. That's bullshit, fuck off.

And there we have it.  Unable to conduct a conversation.  I'll let this exchange speak for itself - though your behavior here will come as a suprise to no one who is aware of your posting history.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dog said:

And yet 8 years of Ryan and he never addressed it. But NOW it's an emergency.

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

You lie, over and over again.

20 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

And there we have it.  Unable to conduct a conversation.  I'll let this exchange speak for itself - though your behavior here will come as a suprise to no one who is aware of your posting history.

I gave up on Dog a few months back. He's only here to obfuscate.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Not everyone will debase themselves in a sham marriage like you did.

33 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Helpful hint: If you want to have a dialogue don't start with an insult.

Just now, Dog said:

You must be Grrr's source.

you continue to lie and say they "break in"

Why do you continue the lie? They walk up, find a border agent and say "my family and I are here to ask for Asylum"

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

you continue to lie and say they "break in"

Why do you continue the lie? They walk up, find a border agent and say "my family and I are here to ask for Asylum"

Some do that without breaking in and others break in first. It's the latter I have a problem with and you should too.

BTW .... Grrr, I hold you to a higher standard than I do Raz'r which is why I responded to him.

Looks like the dunce in Chief is about to send 5k more troops to the border in effort to distract from the Mueller report.

in other comments not worried about Chinese spy

Doesn't know Cindy Chang.

Kind of tight lipped he looked stressed.

As Dog said, 90% (est) of those crossing illegally are just looking for a job.

So if you want to stem the flow of illegals, it would make sense to go after the cause of the flow. As we are learning over and over again, levees only work until they don’t. 

Seems ICE is learning they have to change tactics. Let’s see if Trump allows this to continue... its much easier, politically, to punish penniless brown people than honest Texans.

On 4/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, Dog said:

Some do that without breaking in and others break in first. It's the latter I have a problem with and you should too.

BTW .... Grrr, I hold you to a higher standard than I do Raz'r which is why I responded to him.

Don't be silly, you don't have any standards.

As for "Da Wall," it can't even protect itself from getting stolen

from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/20/mexico-trump-border-wall-tijuana: thieves in the city of Tijuana have made a mockery of Donald Trump’s attempts at beefing up border security by stealing the razor wire and reselling it to local residents in Mexico. Residents of barrios abutting the border told XETW 12 television in Tijuana that entrepreneurial individuals have offered to sell them the stolen concertina wire and install it for just 40 pesos per home – barely $2.

Fifteen people have been arrested for stealing concertina wire, according to XETW 12, but none were held for long. The wire they offered to locals matches what was installed on the border and is not sold in Mexican hardware stores, according to local media.

One resident, identified as Verónica, told El Sol de Tijuana newspaper that the man selling the wire was clearly not from Mexico. “It was an American punk: blue eyes, blond hair. He didn’t speak Spanish very well,” she said.

She said the man had pushed a shopping cart full of concertina wire through the streets of her neighbourhood, offering it to local homeowners. “If we’d known it was from the wall, one wouldn’t have bought anything,” she said.

So, Mexico is paying for the wall, a little bit at a time......

-DSK

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/20/mexico-trump-border-wall-tijuana: thieves in the city of Tijuana have made a mockery of Donald Trump’s attempts at beefing up border security by stealing the razor wire and reselling it to local residents in Mexico. Residents of barrios abutting the border told XETW 12 television in Tijuana that entrepreneurial individuals have offered to sell them the stolen concertina wire and install it for just 40 pesos per home – barely $2.

Fifteen people have been arrested for stealing concertina wire, according to XETW 12, but none were held for long. The wire they offered to locals matches what was installed on the border and is not sold in Mexican hardware stores, according to local media.

One resident, identified as Verónica, told El Sol de Tijuana newspaper that the man selling the wire was clearly not from Mexico. “It was an American punk: blue eyes, blond hair. He didn’t speak Spanish very well,” she said.

She said the man had pushed a shopping cart full of concertina wire through the streets of her neighbourhood, offering it to local homeowners. “If we’d known it was from the wall, one wouldn’t have bought anything,” she said.

-DSK

Really..mocking our national security ?

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Sure, it's not like I'm handing out Top Secret clearances to any bozo........... maybe you should be concerned about something a little higher up

-DSK

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Sure, it's not like I'm handing out Top Secret clearances to any bozo........... maybe you should be concerned about something a little higher up

-DSK

maybe you should be concerned about real problems not imaginary .....100,000's coming 1,000,000 's here already enabled by the DNC and protected by "sanctuary cities"....

• Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

maybe you should be concerned about real problems not imaginary .....100,000's coming 1,000,000 's here already enabled by the DNC and protected by "sanctuary cities"....

Criminals!! Rapists!!! Brown people!!!!!! oh dear oh dear......

-DSK

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
11 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Criminals!! Rapists!!! Brown people!!!!!! oh dear oh dear......

-DSK

You should be concerned about Blue's imaginary problems, poor snowflake threatened by people with a dermatological difference.

• Like 1
Just now, Ishmael said:

You should be concerned about Blue's imaginary problems, poor snowflake threatened by people with a dermatological difference.

Has nothing to do with color or any other deflection ....of course you won't but I'll ask anyway....why is it so OK with your elk....that it is alright that illegals can simply set up life here in our country

• Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

childish ....

Getting all irate about petty problems? Yeah, agreed.

9 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

l got problems of my own, thanks...... minor by comparison, but enough to keep me busy

-DSK

• Like 1
On 4/3/2019 at 9:25 PM, Dog said:

Well, what do you know. Asylum seekers are being brought inside the border for processing. Reckon you can concede you were wrong about that yet or are you going to prove, once again, why you are the laughing stock of the forum?

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Well, what do you know. Asylum seekers are being brought inside the border for processing. Reckon you can concede you were wrong about that yet or are you going to prove, once again, why you are the laughing stock of the forum?

Amazing how they (the admin) follow the law when push comes to shove.

12 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:
12 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

If you leave unattended valuables in a remote desert, they might just grow legs.

If you don't know that, you deserve mocking.

Also from the article:

But the wire is proving attractive for residents of Tijuana, where the homicide rate reached 138 per 100,000 residents – making it the most murderous city in the world, according to the Mexican thinktank the Citizens’ Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice.

Local security officials blame the recent rise in violence in Tijuana on drug dealing disputes, especially the market for methamphetamines.

Gee, the stupid drug war is the root of the problem?

Surprising news indeed! I bet no one has thought that the problem might be a need to UNDO SOMETHING instead of having government do even more stupid shit.

10 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Asylum seekers are crossing the border illegally and being released into the country, thousands of them every day. What am I wrong about?

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

So it's not a problem?

I referenced the problem above.

2 hours ago, Importunate Tom said:

Gee, the stupid drug war is the root of the problem? 

Not for the first time.

But not every problem is a reason to PANIC and grab property for a ridiculous boondoggle.

Just now, Importunate Tom said:

I referenced the problem above.

Not for the first time.

But not every problem is a reason to PANIC and grab property for a ridiculous boondoggle.

So it is a problem?

1 hour ago, Dog said:
1 hour ago, Importunate Tom said:

The need to PANIC.

So it's not a problem?

Ya know what, Dog? Go ahead & panic. Rational solutions requiring planning, acceptance of responsibility, compassion and intelligence are beyond you and Trumps party.

Stick with the guy who labels Mexicans rapists & murderers and threatens to close the border tomorrow (or maybe in a year) and thinks WALL will fix problems.

You panicking will be fine & about what we’ve come to expect from your ilk.

17 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Ya know what, Dog? Go ahead & panic. Rational solutions requiring planning, acceptance of responsibility, compassion and intelligence are beyond you and Trumps party.

Stick with the guy who labels Mexicans rapists & murderers and threatens to close the border tomorrow (or maybe in a year) and thinks WALL will fix problems.

You're reference to solutions suggests an acknowledgement of the existence of a problem which I take to be progress. You and your elk may eventually catch up to the American people on this one. The sooner the better.

17 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Philly - you're quite right - it's not a situation that should drive panic.  That said - it *is* a situation that I think needs to be addressed, and that neither administration has done anything significant about since 1986, and that BOTH parties have used to create common enemies for purely political gain.   I'd like to see that situation change - how 'bout the collective you? 

• Like 1

My response to the southern border? Same as it ever was. In most cases, the harsh landscape creates an excellent barrier to illegal entry; adding a wall would simply be an expensive man made barrier amongst a landscape full of natural ones. In other areas physical barriers, be they walls or fences, have a role.

That said, cracking down on employers, and possibly making a public spectacle of Herr Trump’s practice in this regard, would pay hyuuuge dividends. Fixing our immigrant work Visa program so US businesses can take advantage of cheap labor to the degree found politically viable is crucial.

And working on amnesty and our overall immigration system would do a lot for taking the crime out of the process. 

Weve created this situation over years of procrastination and stump speeches. Don’t try and blame the Central Americans for our fuck ups. The vast majority are fine people, no better or worse than you or I, they just have less power in this scenario. Republicans would have ya fear and hate them as criminals, and that’s racist bullshit.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

My response to the southern border? Same as it ever was. In most cases, the harsh landscape creates an excellent barrier to illegal entry; adding a wall would simply be an expensive man made barrier amongst a landscape full of natural ones. In other areas physical barriers, be they walls or fences, have a role.

That said, cracking down on employers, and possibly making a public spectacle of Herr Trump’s practice in this regard, would pay hyuuuge dividends. Fixing our immigrant work Visa program so US businesses can take advantage of cheap labor to the degree found politically viable is crucial.

And working on amnesty and our overall immigration system would do a lot for taking the crime out of the process. 

Weve created this situation over years of procrastination and stump speeches. Don’t try and blame the Central Americans for our fuck ups. The vast majority are fine people, no better or worse than you or I, they just have less power in this scenario. Republicans would have ya fear and hate them as criminals, and that’s racist bullshit.

I'm with you on almost every point - amnesty is a discussion area, but, I'll say that the governments of Mexico and Central America do indeed have culpability for the current situation in their respective countries.  Not complete blame, but undeniable culpability.  

6 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I think that a "crackdown on employers" sounds great, but would be difficult to implement. Also could be seen as punishing a very powerful political base. In a country where people who see themselves as entrepreneurs are being taught that taxation is theft, the situation needs to be approached with at least equal amounts of carrot and stick.

And there are benefits- how about all the Social Security that isn't being contributed by illegals working for pay under the table? How about access to health care? Credit and home ownership? There is a whole new economic boom waiting to be unlocked.

The first step IMHO is to a major reform of the immigration system itself. It would be nice if this could be bipartisan, based on a broad concensus. The last few attempts that I know of were blocked by Republicans shouting racist slogans (with the excuse of course that "illegal is not a race" yeah but when you only say that about brown people, guess where you're standing); obviously they will not accept anything smacking of amnesty. What will they accept, other than a wall and a return to Jim Crow?

-DSK

33 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I don't disagree with any of that. However It does become a judgement call as to where the harsh landscape provide an adequate barrier.