need a new recipe : beef ribs

dacapo

Short, or full length?

Short ribs I soak in red wine for most of a day, with black pepper, and a shot of soy sauce, then grill over charcoal with the lid on for about 15 minutes, flipping a few times to make sure all sides get a little char on them.

Full length I find better to smoke em slow and low for 5 hours with a frequent mopping of cider vinegar/ketchup/brown sugar/and black pepper.

Bob P is pretty proud of his, have you tried it? I no longer eat beef so that's all I got.

Well if you have any left in the freezer, I will PM you my postal address?

Fortuitously for us, the 3 day limit, to hold food, in the Lifecare Facility kitchen, where Missus BB is employed, has to bin everything then, to comply with Public Health Code, for facilies with a Hospital Wing. That includes tossing out Beef Tenderloin, Shrimp, etc........

Short, or full length?

Short ribs I soak in red wine for most of a day, with black pepper, and a shot of soy sauce, then grill over charcoal with the lid on for about 15 minutes, flipping a few times to make sure all sides get a little char on them.

Full length I find better to smoke em slow and low for 5 hours with a frequent mopping of cider vinegar/ketchup/brown sugar/and black pepper.

This is as good a any recipe I could come up with, just s carw careful with the soy. Salty

Keep it simple.

Half tomato ketchup, half soy, add shot of Worcestershire, pinch of brown sugar, cracked black pepper.

Marinade for an hour or so, covered in a slow oven (90-100 C) for two hours, then uncovered 180-200 C for 30-40 minutes, turn once or twice.

Just as tasty and fall-off-the-bone tender as the fancy recipes.

not short ribs....I;ve got that down..

these are the big Brontosaurus beef ribs ....thanks for some ideas....I'll share when I cook them

I go with famous dave's rib rub if I want it dry.
Then if I want a kick, add a thin coat his fiery sauce (see below) and let it caramelize.
Then at the end brush on a sweeter sauce of your choice. I like bulls eye original.

It makes a great full flavor.

0080993107560_CF_version_type_large.jpeg

The hot one on the right

famous-daves-bbq-sauce-variety-pack-devi

Archived