nothing beats opening day in Baseball

dacapo

if you're a baseball fan, nothing is better than going to your team's Home opener...........

time to tailgate and have some cocktails :rolleyes:

Don't want to drop a turd in the punchbowl, but I quit baseball after the last strike. One group of whiny millionaires saying another group of whiny millionaires were keeping them from making all of the money they deserved.

However, on the 'nothing beats'. My money is making landfall on a tropical island after a long passage.

Nope

Opening day is like Easter with spikes. It rises from the dead, all the sins washed away, with the promise of redemption, hope, and an October Miracle when a new Savior smites a walk off slammy in the bottom of the 9th when you're down 3.

Glory Hallelujah. Can I get a witness !!!

Nope

Opening day is like Easter with spikes. It rises from the dead, all the sins washed away, with the promise of redemption, hope, and an October Miracle when a new Savior smites a walk off slammy in the bottom of the 9th when you're down 3.

Glory Hallelujah. Can I get a witness !!!

Hallelujah and Amen brother!

I wish Ernie and Santo would have been alive tonight.

It was cool to see Fergie in the ceremony. I started watching coverage at 5:30am.

Cubs win bottom of the 9th with 2 outs in their home opener after a rain delay.

There was something familiar about it all!

I think it means I have to prep the flower beds and start looking for morels now.

There are many things in life I don't understand. Quantum physics, calculus, the meaning of life and the attraction to baseball. To those who enjoy it, good for you, everybody needs hobbies.

Calculus I understand.....and kinda like. (I know.....weird) Quantum Physics.....I'm trying.......I'm learning Physicists only pretend to understand it.

Baseball.........I'm not one of those watch every game persons like football.....but a few games a year...and playoffs and opening day....there's just something about it that says "it's a good day". Especially if you go to the game. I think you have to simply slow down and be there. Sitting in the sun, beer and hot dog, things just moving along slowly and easily. You have to slow down, lean back and enjoy. It's good for you.

I like it.

Calculus I understand.....and kinda like. (I know.....weird) Quantum Physics.....I'm trying.......I'm learning Physicists only pretend to understand it.

Baseball.........I'm not one of those watch every game persons like football.....but a few games a year...and playoffs and opening day....there's just something about it that says "it's a good day". Especially if you go to the game. I think you have to simply slow down and be there. Sitting in the sun, beer and hot dog, things just moving along slowly and easily. You have to slow down, lean back and enjoy. It's good for you.

I like it.

When I was a kid, I grew up about 90 miles from Cleveland and 120 to Pittsburgh. Occasionally my father would take us to games, especially on 'bat day', I got a nice Louisville slugger, or 'ball day'. I got to sees some of the greats, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, and a few others like Leon 'Big Daddy' Wagner. One game, I got an autograph from Cleveland pitcher Dean Chance. I had one stellar season in Little League with three hits and stole home plate once. I just lost interest in the game as I grew older.

I like it.

When I was a kid, I grew up about 90 miles from Cleveland and 120 to Pittsburgh. Occasionally my father would take us to games, especially on 'bat day', I got a nice Louisville slugger, or 'ball day'. I got to sees some of the greats, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente, and a few others like Leon 'Big Daddy' Wagner. One game, I got an autograph from Cleveland pitcher Dean Chance. I had one stellar season in Little League with three hits and stole home plate once. I just lost interest in the game as I grew older.

I get it. I think for me its a throw back to simple times and relaxing sunny afternoons with the smell of fresh mown grass, hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts in the shell you eat and toss the shells on the ground which crunch underfoot. Getting a pennant and program. Players autographs after the game at the dugout. Trying to keep the box score but losing track. Hanging with Pop......falling asleep in the car on the way home......

I only go to a game or two a year but I always pick a nice day and just am not in a hurry. Sit back and let the slowness of it all wash over me. Spring is best here in So Cali. Too hot in the summer. Fall isn't bad either but it can still be hot. But spring is 70 degrees, sunny, a little on shore breeze.........ahhhhhhhh. Sit back, close your eyes and enjoy doing near nothing.

I like it.

In best RainMan voice..."Peanuts...gotta have peanuts with the beer...peanuts..."

I like it.

In best RainMan voice..."Peanuts...gotta have peanuts with the beer...peanuts..."

:lol:

Archived