J. Geils DTS

dacapo

Loved their stuff.... unbelievable Live band. One of the best concerts I have seen was them at the Boston Gah-den. Swear the encores lasted longer than the main sets. Peter Wolf's solo release "Growing Pains" is also excellent.

Disheartened by the various news stories on this death.... AP reported that "Freeze Frame", J Geils Band's most famous album was their third (more like their 10th).... and that John (J) Geils sang Centerfold. Too bad he became estranged from the band and sued them for using the name "J Geils".

J Giels was big in Detroit. Not sure why but when they were in town people acted like they were a home town band.

The answer is obvious...

"You heard of the boogaloo, you heard of the Boston monkey, You heard of the Philly freeze.....we got the Detroit demolition "

Without a doubt one of the best live shows I've ever seen. Crazy coincidence, is just this weekend wifey and I were talking about the band and their music.

RIP Jerome.

Jerome Geils was a blues man. A man of very few words, he didn't like fronting. Peter Wolf and Magic Dick took the center stage. But J was a musician's musician. Butterfield, and Bloomfield, as well as Charlie Musselwhite, all thought Geils was one of the best. I have a friend who used to play harmonica with him often.... (Not Magic Dick), he said that J Geils was one of the most caring, and considerate guys he ever played with.

Archived