Oh, this should elicit a Tweet-storm - 

Twitter to hand @POTUS account to Biden on inauguration day

Twitter will hand control of the presidential @POTUS account to Joe Biden when he is sworn in on inauguration day, even if President Donald Trump has not conceded his election loss, US media reported Friday.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe they could just ban everybody on my ignore list. Yes, I know how that sounds and I don't care. I probably have four people on ignore with 78 different names.

I hereby claim and declare that I won the Tour de France, Ironman and The America’s Cup.     is that how that works?

Sarcasm font?    He never did report back to his security agencies even a sanitized  version of his private discussions with Putin.   Literally nobody who's day job is to keep the country safe knows w

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Twitter will hand control of the presidential @POTUS account to Joe Biden when he is sworn in on inauguration day, even if President Donald Trump has not conceded his election loss, US media reported Friday.

tenor.gif.ed5bbf9fa15ae7ade6a22a9513aaba56.gif

I literally did ^^^ that.

Had forgotten this, what happens to the followers?

3 minutes ago, VhmSays said:
12 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

tenor.gif.ed5bbf9fa15ae7ade6a22a9513aaba56.gif

I literally did ^^^ that.

Had forgotten this, what happens to the followers?

To be fair, this is not the account he uses for spreading his lies and disinformation.  He uses @realDonaldTrump.

Still, it will chap his prodigious ass.

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

To be fair, this is not the account he uses for spreading his lies and disinformation.  He uses @realDonaldTrump.

He also uses :

@ingrahmAngle

@seanhannity

@marklevinshow

• Like 1

BTW I was put in Twitter jail last week for saying something to that cunt Laura Ingram that must’ve ruffled her feathers. That’s the second time in Twitter jail so now I’m in Twitter jail for 30 days

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

38 million + followers in the POTUS account vs 88 million in his @real... one but the @real... account is likely to be suspended after the 20th if he keeps trying to spew division and incite violence.

• Like 1
Just now, VhmSays said:

38 million + followers in the POTUS account vs 88 million in his @real... one but the @real... account is likely to be suspended after the 20th if he keeps trying to spew division and incite violence.

THAT will cause an aneurysm.

9 minutes ago, dacapo said:

BTW I was put in Twitter jail last week for saying something to that cunt Laura Ingram that must’ve ruffled her feathers. That’s the second time in Twitter jail so now I’m in Twitter jail for 30 days

He and his team might soon be there too.

17 hours ago, dacapo said:

You aren't going to keep us in suspense are you.  PA is much more lenient than Twitter.  

18 hours ago, dacapo said:

30 Days! I’m hoping Donnie gets a lifetime.

5 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

30 Days! I’m hoping Donnie gets a lifetime.

30 days w/o hamberders and Aderall might just be a lifetime...

18m

Poll: 79 Percent of Trump Voters Believe ‘Election Was Stolen‘ https://breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/11/23/poll-79-of-trump-voters-believe-election-was-stolen-through-illegal-voting-and-fraud/ via They are 100% correct, but we are fighting hard. Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled. RIGGED ELECTION!
21 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

The lawsuit is coming soon? Before or after the Obamagate indictments? Repeal of Obamacare? Healthcare plan? Tax returns? Infrastructure week? COVID relief?

But first! A round of golf!

He was only there for the golf and to make librul heads explode.

Of course the kids were well positioned on the inside to make money from his most outrageous utterances.

The Mercian taxpayer paid 150 mill for me to play golf and I got to bill the SS for being on my properties protecting me....suckers!

34 minutes ago, El Boracho said:

The lawsuit is coming soon? Before or after the Obamagate indictments? Repeal of Obamacare? Healthcare plan? Tax returns? Infrastructure week? COVID relief?

But first! A round of golf!

Have they locked Hilary up yet?

On 11/21/2020 at 12:14 PM, d'ranger said:

Somebody should have @asshat  I am not a twitter person so just guessing. 

It's taken, but they don't tweet anything. 

Somebody signed up, then forgot their password, probably.

• 2 weeks later...

Poll: 92% of Republican Voters think the election was rigged!

cite motherfucker ...

this is as close as google gets ...

The vast majority of Republicans polled — 89% — said they didn't believe the electoral process worked well, while 92% of Democrats said it did.

https://news.yahoo.com/83-republicans-dont-believe-joe-152545118.html

The best part of that article is what likely chaps the ass of President Trump - 

Mr Trump, with a following of 88.6 million, is among Twitter’s top 10 accounts. Among politicians, he is only behind former president Barack Obama who has over 125 million followers.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Covid relief news pending per Trump Tweet.  
We’re all getting a My Pillow?

This is what you get with a reality show goon for president....and all the news programs are on edge waiting for it to happen.  I will be so relieved when Trump is no longer thought of, no matter how that happens.

4 minutes ago, bridhb said:

This is what you get with a reality show goon for president....and all the news programs are on edge waiting for it to happen.  I will be so relieved when Trump is no longer thought of, no matter how that happens.

Who?

12 minutes ago, bridhb said:

The idiot that still has someone running around behind him carrying the nuclear football.

Nah. They've lateral passed that to someone with real balls a couple of months ago.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Nah. They've lateral passed that to someone with real balls a couple of months ago.

"They gave me this red button but it doesn't do anything"

image.jpeg.3a5c0bec523cb92323641392df63e723.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

"They gave me this red button but it doesn't do anything"

image.jpeg.3a5c0bec523cb92323641392df63e723.jpeg

Let him keep the stapler!

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Take note of the shiny medal that pops up at 43 seconds.  The man is truly deluded.

I'd seen this earlier today, but hadn't noticed the medal!!

WTF is that about?

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Implying he's actually won one.  Of course, like everything else, he fucked this up.

Can anyone come up with a single thing in all his life that he didn't fuck up?

28 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Too easy! Trump divided the country making what remains easy picking for the Russians, Chinese, and anyone else so inclined.

Made Canada look smart and civilized. :-)

4 hours ago, LenP said:

That is an odd video considering the election is over, the implication that he won a Nobel Peace Prize just makes it all the stranger. He is getting loonier by the day, 1/20 can not get here fast enough. 

Trump obviously didn't paste that together himself, so there are people under him that are loonier than he is.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Polytelum Tom said:

Do we have a first amendment right to follow him on Twitter?

In a letter they sent the president yesterday, lawyers for two blocked Trump critics argue that the way he uses his personal account makes it a "designated public forum," meaning that banishing people from it based on the opinions they express violates the First Amendment.

"This Twitter account operates as a 'designated public forum' for First Amendment purposes, and accordingly the viewpoint-based blocking of our clients is unconstitutional," write Jameel Jaffer and two of his colleagues at Columbia University's Knight First Amendment Institute. "We ask that you unblock them and any others who have been blocked for similar reasons....When the government makes a space available to the public at large for the purpose of expressive activity, it creates a public forum from which it may not constitutionally exclude individuals on the basis of viewpoint....The government may impose reasonable time, place, and manner restrictions in a designated public forum, but it may not exclude people simply because it disagrees with them."

It's an interesting argument but I think they'll lose because the government didn't make his Twitter account available nor "set it aside" so it's not a "designated public forum" for this legal purpose.

I still have not changed my mind about this and Twitter banning Trump kinda proves that it's not a "designated public forum" at all. It's a social media platform just like this place but a lot bigger. Section 230 allows Twitter to remove him, at least until Biden and Trump get their way and Section 230 goes away.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, SloopJonB said:

He proved that Obama's three examinations of the matter were wrong, wrong, and wrong, and the President DOES have the authority to ban bump stocka.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:46 AM, Polytelum Tom said:
On 6/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Uncooperative Tom said:

It's an interesting argument but I think they'll lose because the government didn't make his Twitter account available nor "set it aside" so it's not a "designated public forum" for this legal purpose.

Well, they won!

The President can't block people. We have a first amendment right to follow him. I haven't exercised this one. It would have been fun to try to annoy him into blocking me, I suppose, but now it's too late.

Hey Meli, some stuff there that could be useful in your crusade in another thread. You're welcome.

Just now, kent_island_sailor said:

image.thumb.png.e13912f01f19d488561c43a75501bd45.png

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy :lol:

He’s threatening to start his own outlet.  Maybe Sec 230 should be repealed if that happens.

Predictably, there is outrage on the right regarding the Trump Twitterban.

Lawmakers and a civil liberties group are speaking out against Twitter’s decision on Friday to permanently ban President Trump from its platform. 

Twitter decided to ban Trump for violation of its glorification of violence policy. Many on the right have taken to Twitter to speak out against this decision. 

Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State, tweeted that “Silencing speech is dangerous. It’s un-American. Sadly, this isn’t a new tactic of the Left” and compared Twitter to the Chinese Communist Party.

Pompeo, Cruz and other Trump allies condemn Twitter's ban on president
© Getty Images

Lawmakers and a civil liberties group are speaking out against Twitter’s decision on Friday to permanently ban President Trump from its platform. 

Twitter decided to ban Trump for violation of its glorification of violence policy. Many on the right have taken to Twitter to speak out against this decision. 

Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State, tweeted that “Silencing speech is dangerous. It’s un-American. Sadly, this isn’t a new tactic of the Left” and compared Twitter to the Chinese Communist Party.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R.-Tex) also expressed their displeasure with Twitter’s decision.

Fuck them all, especially Fuhrerlicker Cruz.

Imagine that.

Misinformation dropped dramatically the week after Twitter banned Trump

Online misinformation about election fraud plunged 73 percent after several social media sites suspended President Trump and key allies last week, research firm Zignal Labs has found, underscoring the power of tech companies to limit the falsehoods poisoning public debate when they act aggressively.

The new research by the San Francisco-based analytics firm reported that conversations about election fraud dropped from 2.5 million mentions to 688,000 mentions across several social media sites in the week after Trump was banned from Twitter.

Election disinformation had for months been a major subject of online misinformation, beginning even before the Nov. 3 election and pushed heavily by Trump and his allies.

Zignal found it dropped swiftly and steeply on Twitter and other platforms in the days after the Twitter ban took hold on Jan. 8.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Imagine that.

Online misinformation about election fraud plunged 73 percent after several social media sites suspended President Trump and key allies last week, research firm Zignal Labs has found, underscoring the power of tech companies to limit the falsehoods poisoning public debate when they act aggressively.

The new research by the San Francisco-based analytics firm reported that conversations about election fraud dropped from 2.5 million mentions to 688,000 mentions across several social media sites in the week after Trump was banned from Twitter.

Election disinformation had for months been a major subject of online misinformation, beginning even before the Nov. 3 election and pushed heavily by Trump and his allies.

Zignal found it dropped swiftly and steeply on Twitter and other platforms in the days after the Twitter ban took hold on Jan. 8.

All the more reason he must be impeached.

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

All the more reason he must be impeached.

The amount of novel bullshit being shoveled here in support of President Trump had dropped since the 8th.  They are now just repeating the same tired and debunked lies.

52 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Imagine that.

jacks-complete-lack-of-surprise.thumb.jpeg.22289dc343aebed0e3772b40903f80de.jpeg

Like, really.

Agree with the above statements of impeaching the clown, dragging him and his elk through all the courts, tar and feathers, and so on.

Punish the fuckers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2017 at 6:43 AM, Shambolic Tom said:

The case that started this thread has finally and permanently gone away.

Justice Clarence Thomas this morning suggested that the Supreme Court is on a collision course with online platforms like Twitter and search engines like Google about how much power companies have to decide who may speak.

The context was a unanimous decision by the Supreme Court to order the dismissal of a lawsuit by the Knight First Amendment Institute against former President Donald Trump over whether Trump was unconstitutionally censoring people when he blocked them from tweeting at him. Now that Trump is no longer the president and has been banned from Twitter, the Supreme Court determined the case to be moot.

Thomas, concurring with the decision, decided to write separately to raise questions about the power of Twitter to eject Trump from the platform. He noted the oddness of the concept that a public official's Twitter feed might be considered a "government forum" when interacting with the public, but "a private company has unrestricted authority to do away with it."

Thomas raises the question of whether some of these platforms might be considered by the courts to be "common carriers," utilities like phone lines that serve the public interest. If the courts conclude that they are, then it would be legal, and not necessarily a violation of the First Amendment, for the government to put restrictions on the ability to prohibit people from using the platform.

Thomas also takes note of an argument presented by Eugene Volokh, professor of law at UCLA and co-founder of The Volokh Conspiracy (hosted here at Reason). In January, Volokh considered whether a federal law can run afoul of the First Amendment when it preempts a state law that grants particular free speech protections against private actions. There's a Supreme Court precedent from 1980, Pruneyard Shopping Center v. Robins (Thomas references it in his concurrence), that concluded California had the power to force a shopping mall to allow protesters to engage in advocacy there, even though it was private property.

This precedent is potentially relevant due to the existence of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act of 1996, which specifies that websites and online platforms have the power to moderate and remove speech they find offensive, even if said speech is protected by the First Amendment. Section 230 is under attack by politicians who want to either force social media platforms to censor content the politicians don't like or, alternatively, force platforms to host content the social media companies themselves don't like.

Volokh has wondered if the Pruneyard precedent could potentially collide with Section 230 if a state passes a law that essentially starts treating social media platforms as "common carriers" and requires them to host users. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says he wants a law in his state to force social media platforms to host candidates. The law would, on the surface, appear to violate both Section 230 and the First Amendment rights of a platform to control whose speech it wants to host. But Volokh says it may be a little more complicated than that if courts ever embrace the argument that social media platforms, like malls, could be ordered to host certain types of political or activist speech.

Volokh reacted to Thomas' concurrence

Treating tech companies as "common carriers," as DeSantis wants to do, would probably cause Florida Man to run for office if banned by his favorite platform.

2 hours ago, Shambolic Tom said:

The case that started this thread has finally and permanently gone away.

Volokh reacted to Thomas' concurrence

Treating tech companies as "common carriers," as DeSantis wants to do, would probably cause Florida Man to run for office if banned by his favorite platform.

The only news is that Thomas was awake.

37 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Seems some equate Tweeting with being “in charge”. 

46C7B8F9-A875-4D0B-9259-0125A5EA64BD.jpeg

He prefers raving bullshit, like in the Turnip years?

I wonder if he's any good at Corn Hole.....

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Like several posters around here, he just can't stay away.  

Twitter Thwarts Trump's Latest Attempt To Get Back On Platform, Bans New Account

The fucker is relentless. Take a hint Donnie boy and crawl back under your rock.

How many Trump accounts have they had to block now? Pretty soon they will have to block Floriduh.

2 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Semaphore?

4A0F58B9-B638-4700-8560-FAA7A1330154.png

Well above his intellectual level and skill set

• Like 3
Just now, Danceswithoctopus said:
7 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Well above his intellectual level and skill set

Not to mention the exercise involved.

Could those stubby fingers even work a Morse key?