19 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Since I am board atm I unblocked this post of yours.

Bertelli will have a ‘relationship’ only when it is benefitting himself - don’t kid yourself.

They will agree on event promotion and such but rules-wise? I see fireworks ahead, TE had LR’s guy on about two months ago and he’s nobody’s fool.

Put me back on block before I set the KKK on you..:ph34r:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RING RING RING RING JS "um...cia... errr... pronto!" RC "Jimmy, it's me" JS "Who?" RC "Me mate, your old boss" JS "Fuck you Kiwis all sound the same to me mate, and I've

New Max Sirena interview by Bacci del Buono and Mario Giuffrè for Giornale della Vela. It's a really long interview, almost 2 hours, Max as always is very straight and open to talk about nearly everyt

https://farevela.net/2020/06/03/americas-cup-che-coppa-sara-diretta-4-giugno-2130-ospiti-bruni-e-vascotto-commento-tecnico-dalbertas-pinucci/ Since there are not so much news in these days, here'

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

They could surprise us but since they custom built MiniMoon it may well look a lot like that boat’s flat-bottomed hull.

That was my initial assumption upthread.

But that was before Te Aihe came out with its distinctly V'd stern tied to the dolphin belly & I can't think of a particularly good alternative reason for LR to have such a similarly V'd stern.

G-Tran of https://voce.com.ve/2019/09/19/442932/americas-cup-varo-luna-rossa-il-2-ottobre-a-cagliari/

America’s Cup: launch of Luna Rossa on October 2nd in Cagliari
 Last Hour September 19, 2019 loop
(ANSA) - CAGLIARI, 19 SEPTEMBER - Now it's official: the launch of the Ac75, Luna Rossa's boat that will take part in the next America’s Cup will be held on 2 October in Cagliari. The new model's descent into the water will be the Ichnusa pier. The appointment is set for 15.30. This time there will be no referrals. The first of the AC75 was scheduled for August 25th, then for September 9th. Then a new slip. Max Sirena, skipper of Luna Rossa, explained the reasons: no advantage to the opponents with the early discovery of the secrets of the boat. The Ac75, arrived in Cagliari in recent weeks, is in the citadel's hangar in port: since then the team has continued to work on it to make it competitive and successful since the first tests, the World Series that will take place in Cagliari from 23 to 26 April 2020. But the objective is clear: to win the America's Cup in the final challenge in Auckland, New Zealand, in 2021. Meanwhile, Cagliari is preparing to become the capital and reference point of world sailing until next spring: at the Sabaudo pier a village will be set up to host all the teams and boats involved in the first leg of the America's Cup World Series in April: the America's Cup defender Emirates Team New Zealand, the Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team Challenger of Record, INEOS Team UK ( GBR), NYYC American Magic (USA) and Stars + Stripes Team USA. The first team to settle at the Molo Sabaudo will be Ineos: the procedure for obtaining the concession for the area occupied a few years ago by Luna Rossa has already begun. Ineos will arrive in Cagliari between October and November. (HANDLE).

I love how LR acts like this delay to launch was planned.

Come on.

Some bullshit about keeping secrets.  You know what, if that’s the case don’t launch until the first regatta.  But in reality, no one gives a shit about your shitty design, just like SF 2013.  How did that work out?

On 9/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, hoom said:

That was my initial assumption upthread.

But that was before Te Aihe came out with its distinctly V'd stern tied to the dolphin belly & I can't think of a particularly good alternative reason for LR to have such a similarly V'd stern.

'V' may just be support

2 hours ago, Enzedel92 said:

I love how LR acts like this delay to launch was planned.

Come on.

Some bullshit about keeping secrets.  You know what, if that’s the case don’t launch until the first regatta.  But in reality, no one gives a shit about your shitty design, just like SF 2013.  How did that work out?

Wasn’t such a shit boat when it was painted black was it? 

• Like 3
On 9/17/2019 at 4:25 AM, terrafirma said:

Does anyone wanna put some betting odds on their chances of winning an AC anytime soon? And what are their chances of winning the challenger series against NYC and the UK?

Knowing that LR has been sucking ETNZ's dick for around 15 years or so makes me think they'll make it pretty far but not actually win it. I also doubt they the infinite gold mine INEOS has.

1 hour ago, Raptorsailor said:

Knowing that LR has been sucking ETNZ's dick for around 15 years or so makes me think they'll make it pretty far but not actually win it. I also doubt they the infinite gold mine INEOS has.

I don't know that I'd say LR has been sucking ETNZ's dick...  Bertelli has far more money than ETNZ, usually the sugar daddy is the one getting blown...

4 minutes ago, Brutal said:

I don't know that I'd say LR has been sucking ETNZ's dick...  Bertelli has far more money than ETNZ, usually the sugar daddy is the one getting blown...

Do ya figure GD performs best in light or heavy air conditions?

why are people assuming JS will be at the helm? surely national pride will mean Max will be at the wheel. if they get 2 boat in the water at the same time id think JS would be capt/helm of the 'lesser' boat to run training drills against Max in their race boat

2 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

why are people assuming JS will be at the helm? surely national pride will mean Max will be at the wheel. if they get 2 boat in the water at the same time id think JS would be capt/helm of the 'lesser' boat to run training drills against Max in their race boat

It will be either Spithill or Bruni at the helm. Sirena isn't a helmsman, he's a trimmer. 

18 minutes ago, Brutal said:

I should have said it's gone both ways in the past. :ph34r:

Also, from the side the prada boat looks like an IACC, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

8 hours ago, WetHog said:

Not sure.  LR's version was ETNZ's boat 1 wasn't it?

WetHog  :ph34r:

That’s my point, the bloke saying it was a shit design etc was over looking the fact that it was a silver version on TNZ boat 1.

and he jizzed all over himself himself at that boat.. 

7 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It will be either Spithill or Bruni at the helm. Sirena isn't a helmsman, he's a trimmer. 

Yep, I am not even sure max sirena is going to be in the boat in the cup. I think bruni has more chance than spithill,but we will see

• Like 1
5 hours ago, buckdouger said:

Who has historically been stronger in the moth bt Jimmy and Bruno?

I have no idea about how good is Spithill in the moth. I've never seen him racing. Bruni is veeeeery good, but I guess it matters zero to their decision about the helm (which I know nothing about)

As an Italian I'd love to see bruni at the helm, but as a luna rossa supporter I want to have whoever is the best at the job, whoever that is. It would be sooo important for sailing in Italy to have LR at least in the AC final

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Brutal said:

I swear they took delivery of the boat a few weeks ago...  It looks like all they've done since is drive the thing around on the back of a truck wrapped in plastic...

For fucks sake, let's see the damned thing...

Yes, the pics are from the delivery that took place in August, maybe the 24th or so? It’d be up-thread somewhere. 

Guess it’s PR for the coming, probably-glitzy christening ceremony.

edit: LR did launch two foilers named Swordfish and Piranha during AC35 (AC 34?) - maybe Sardine will work for this one being also launched in Sardegna, works for  me :) 

15 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Yes, the pics are from the delivery that took place in August, maybe the 24th or so? It’d be up-thread somewhere. 

Guess it’s PR for the coming, probably-glitzy christening ceremony.

edit: LR did launch two foilers named Swordfish and Piranha during AC35 (AC 34?) - maybe Sardine will work for this one being also launched in Sardegna, works for  me :) 

ac34, they were the names of the 2 ac45's they used in the ACWS. Which was actually interesting back then.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Raptorsailor said:

ac34, they were the names of the 2 ac45's they used in the ACWS. Which was actually interesting back then.

One of them won in their inaugural series appearance in front of a truly enormous audience, Xlot included, in Napoli. 

Well, Ineos's boat looks like a vintage Caddy with fins. But still in the ETNZ/LR family of sleek sharp hulls? AM is a real outlier. That is usually a really good or really bad thing. 

Can't they crane their boat back on a barge and get it out of there to someplace else? 

Really will be an inconvenient time to be offline. But at least I can catch up in AC forum. Know there will be pics and video! Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Brutal said:

I swear they took delivery of the boat a few weeks ago...  It looks like all they've done since is drive the thing around on the back of a truck wrapped in plastic...

For fucks sake, let's see the damned thing...

Lol I've been wondering the same.

2 hours ago, buckdouger said:

Is there an Italian forum somewhere where a lot more discussion and detail regarding LR are posted? The lack of details for some teams is impressive but frustrating. 

Same feeling here :) . The LR team and all of its partners are seriously secretive about everything (even what could be considered to our eyes non sensitive info), so I am not surprised that basically noone writes anything about LR, other than what is made public in press-releases.

Hopefully we'll have something interesting to talk about in less than a week time :D

2 hours ago, Enzedel92 said:

I swear LR is just riding that hull around over the countryside.  The shrink wrap hasn’t changed lol!!!!

That’s what I find so interesting. As COR they would’ve had advanced knowledge of the design, just like ETNZ. Yet, they’re already going very different directions. The Italians seem to prefer towing the boat around on land, while the Kiwis have chosen to tow theirs around on water. I wonder which approach is going to pay off. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Let's see some drone vids, it will cut the bullsit.

And where the f’ is the Spitbull? They got a gag order on him?

All these syndicates are riding herd on the characters on these boats.   Blows.   

When a friggin’ SA thread has more pissin’ and shattin on each other than the syndicates themselves you know we’re in the Dark Ages of DeVos and the NYYC.   Total suck.

One of the things Team Oracle did well as Defender was produce a metric TON of videos about their team’s going on’s in various areas including design tech and even simply having fun, and yes of course JS will be far more constrained under LR - a very-very image-conscious company. 

Probably the most dramatic material I’ve ever seen out of the AC and out of JS too was the coverage of their AC72 disaster in SF Bay, damn that was compelling.

LR will produce a reasonable amount of slick material I’m sure, especially given how they are the bucks behind all the PR for so much of AC36. ETNZ’s launch event was plenty sharp but LR could be even better, in their own style, and it sounds like even Bertelli will be there. Looking forward to it.

Who is to say that S&S won't use the support structure from the interior, and then skin it with something "Completely Different"?  Obviously, some hard points would remain congruent...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, 17mika said:

Looking at the last video... is the boat going to be black? I was hoping for a white boat

But black is fast, don't ya know?

4 hours ago, 17mika said:

Looking at the last video... is the boat going to be black? I was hoping for a white boat

I agree, we already know INEOS is almost certain to be black, so with all the colours available to paint boats we ended up with!

Blue so dark it looks black with white writing.

Black with red  and white Alinghi swirls.

Black with white writing.

Black with red writing.

It's just darn lucky the boats actually look physically different!

4 minutes ago, Boybland said:

I agree, we already know INEOS is almost certain to be black, so with all the colours available to paint boats we ended up with!

Black with red writing.

Black is a good camouflage colour that blends in shadows from discreet changes in hull form...

5 minutes ago, Indio said:

Black is a good camouflage colour that blends in shadows from discreet changes in hull form...

11 minutes ago, Boybland said:

Black with red writing.

Black boats have won every cup since 1992.

2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Black boats have won every cup since 1992.

There are only two colors to paint a boat, black and white, and only a fool would paint a boat black.

By - Nathanael G. Herreshoff

guess this guy is more of a fool then

8 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

There are only two colors to paint a boat, black and white, and only a fool would paint a boat black.

how many america's cups has he won in the last 30 years?

• Like 1

Nathanael Greene Herreshoff was an American naval architect, mechanical engineer, and yacht design innovator. He produced a succession of undefeated America's Cup defenders between 1893-1920

died in 1938 so in the last 30 years he's been pretty quiet

• Like 2

There were good reasons back in the day for not painting a boat black. A good deal of research by tnz to ensure that a black finish still protected the hull from uv and heat damaging the substrate before they started painting the boats black.

10 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

Nathanael Greene Herreshoff was an American naval architect, mechanical engineer, and yacht design innovator. He produced a succession of undefeated America's Cup defenders between 1893-1920

died in 1938 so in the last 30 years he's been pretty quiet

Thank you captain obvious.  Are you sure you're in Auckland?  you clearly don't have an antipodean sense of humor.

7 minutes ago, crux said:

There were good reasons back in the day for not painting a boat black. A good deal of research by tnz to ensure that a black finish still protected the hull from uv and heat damaging the substrate before they started painting the boats black.

Plus modern America's Cup boats only do about 50-100 days sailing in their entire lives and spend all their none sailing time tucked away safely in sheds.

12 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

Thank you captain obvious.  Are you sure you're in Auckland?  you clearly don't have an antipodean sense of humor.

are you sure you are on an internet forum where you shouldn't take everything so serious?

yes I am a captain of my little ship, thank you for noticing 

57 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

The quote is actually from Nathanael's son, L. Francis Herreshoff.

Cheers,

Earl