Darwin strikes again

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Delta. Died because of the negative acceleration. a=dv/dt

You got that backwards. Boiling water at sea level is 212. As the altitude increases, the boiling point of water goes down, so you can boil water at much lower temperatures at higher altitude and stil

Guns in the hands of good people, solve problems successfully.    Honestly Timothy’s friend should be charged as an accessory to his death, and also charged with an attempted robbery.      Gun co

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

_118107987_hi066847932.jpg

reminds me of the old joke about the police officer who comes upon a car crashed into a tree.  As we walks up, he sees 3 inebriated passengers in the back.  Clearly pissed he demands to know who was driving.

One of drunks looks at him and says "None of us officer.  We were all in the back singing.."

5 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

Stupidity can be deadly.

5 hours ago, DRIFTW00D said:

As far as I can tell from the article, he is not dead yet.

And at 63, I am afraid he has already contributed to the gene pool.

Sorry, Mr. Gala, but your application to the Darwin Award is rejected.

• 5 weeks later...

An Ohio man accidentally blew himself up while making improvised explosive devices at home in his garage.

Michael Hopkins, 55, died Saturday from injuries sustained in the blast, which shook his Jefferson Township neighborhood, the Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Department said Monday.

Hopkins had reportedly been building the explosives to sell so he could pay off his new lawnmower

8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
8 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

An Ohio man accidentally blew himself up while making improvised explosive devices at home in his garage.

Michael Hopkins, 55, died Saturday from injuries sustained in the blast, which shook his Jefferson Township neighborhood, the Ashtabula County Sheriff’s Department said Monday.

Hopkins had reportedly been building the explosives to sell so he could pay off his new lawnmower

I thick Laurent wille rejecte thisse oune to..............             :)

On 5/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

what ? he doesn't like lawnmowers ?

nahh, he too has already spawned... if they want this prize, they've gotta start working on it earlier!!

19 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

since when has this been a requirement?

One must be removed from the gene pool.. now had this incident taken his spawn along with him ...

14 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Its blocked for me by a flurry of popups, but from the title I can get the idea.

I hope none on the tourist boat got hurt.

1 hour ago, Windward said:

Its blocked for me by a flurry of popups, but from the title I can get the idea.

I hope none on the tourist boat got hurt.

He just dropped in.

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:
5 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

captain of the boat was injured and taken to the hospital according to the article..

Ist that the Darwinyan ideare of fairnesse?

Well, Darwin does make allowance for just plain bad fuckin' luck... but it only works on averages, over millions of people. Individuals are just screwed

- DSK

• 1 month later...

I thought this had to be a joke.... but it seems legit.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8097612/brothers-killed-train-mourning-charlotte/

Two brothers were struck and killed by a train while mourning a third brother who died in the same spot on the train tracks a week earlier, according to police in Charlotte, N.C.

The double fatality happened early last Tuesday outside Charlotte, where a LYNX Blue Line train fatally struck two men on the light rail track.

Pablo Tiquiram Us, 29, and his younger brother Jose, 20, were walking up the tracks around 5 a.m. when they were hit by the oncoming train, Charlotte police said. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say the two men were on the tracks to conduct a memorial for their brother Baltazar Tiquiram Us, 27, who was struck by a train while in his car on July 26.

22 minutes ago, Bugsy said:

Two brothers were struck and killed by a train while mourning a third brother who died in the same spot on the train tracks a week earlier, according to police in Charlotte, N.C.

The double fatality happened early last Tuesday outside Charlotte, where a LYNX Blue Line train fatally struck two men on the light rail track.

Pablo Tiquiram Us, 29, and his younger brother Jose, 20, were walking up the tracks around 5 a.m. when they were hit by the oncoming train, Charlotte police said. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say the two men were on the tracks to conduct a memorial for their brother Baltazar Tiquiram Us, 27, who was struck by a train while in his car on July 26.

Authorities suspect alcohol was a factor in all three deaths.

2 hours ago, Bugsy said:

Darwin seems to be upping his game.

When he finds the offspring of candidates he missed before they procreated, he's correcting his error

9 hours ago, The Q said:

Uugh! Reading these stories of these people that decide not to get vaccinated.... So frustrating.

Last February when I initially got sick I didn't fit into the guidelines of who could get vaccinated or not, I wasn't a frontline worker and I was under the age of 65 still and even though I had been as careful as I could be on personal space, face mask, washing hands and using sanitizer and basically staying home all the time I still got sick.

Getting vaccinated was a no-brainer for me I just wish I'd had been able to get it done on time.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, hobot said:

Uugh! Reading these stories of these people that decide not to get vaccinated.... So frustrating.

Last February when I initially got sick I didn't fit into the guidelines of who could get vaccinated or not, I wasn't a frontline worker and I was under the age of 65 still and even though I had been as careful as I could be on personal space, face mask, washing hands and using sanitizer and basically staying home all the time I still got sick.

Getting vaccinated was a no-brainer for me I just wish I'd had been able to get it done on time.

i was in your same situation, didn't meet the current criteria; but signed up on the county covid site..  they emailed me within a couple of days and got an appointment..  glad i did...

the link above, of course, a texas politician,  changed his tune big time at the end..  too little too late... but in retrospect, we keep thinning the herd..

oops, that's a different person in that article...  herd even thinner

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Rambler said:

A man in India, on drugs, dies after gluing the end of his penis shut with epoxy, because he didn't have a condom handy.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/man-tragically-dies-after-using-glue-to-seal-off-penis/news-story/18db3fa55edcc40425396414f119e7f2

we may have a winner here if none of his little beasties escaped prior to this incedenct and found their way into an egg!

but there remain far too many unanswered questions here:

did he use slow or fast cure hardener?

was it really epoxy or some sort of UV cure polyester resin? 

what was his lead time?

inquiring minds want to know ...

12 hours ago, Rambler said:

A man in India, on drugs, dies after gluing the end of his penis shut with epoxy, because he didn't have a condom handy.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/man-tragically-dies-after-using-glue-to-seal-off-penis/news-story/18db3fa55edcc40425396414f119e7f2

man that was some nasty shit he was using  , wonder why it didn't affect the gf

The senior officer said: “Unfortunately, the adhesive damaged Salman’s organs, and he died due to multiple organ failure.

11 hours ago, Bump-n-Grind said:

we may have a winner here if none of his little beasties escaped prior to this incedenct and found their way into an egg!

but there remain far too many unanswered questions here:

did he use slow or fast cure hardener?

was it really epoxy or some sort of UV cure polyester resin? 

what was his lead time?

inquiring minds want to know ...

Well, he was clever enough to not fill his rectum with gasoline.  (as we all learned is bad from another thread) 

So there is/was that.

8 minutes ago, RedTuna said:

RIP.  Hard to find humor in this one.  Maybe one of you can. 

https://interestingengineering.com/young-inventor-created-diy-helicopter-it-killed-him

Humor no, Definitely Darwin though.  Much like the guy that put a missile on his pinto, this one just took 2+ years to come to fruition.  The ending was always written, just did not know how many he would take with him...  

4 hours ago, RedTuna said:

RIP.  Hard to find humor in this one.  Maybe one of you can. 

https://interestingengineering.com/young-inventor-created-diy-helicopter-it-killed-him

Are you kidding? I assumed it was a prank post.

Ibrahim had dropped out of school in class 8 (eighth grade)

Then Ibrahim watched a movie called "3 Idiots", and took a cue from a character called "Rancho"

Ibrahim decided to build his own helicopter from scratch. But, instead of learning the old-fashioned way (in a school, or with many years of private studying from primary sources and engineering manuals), he got his information from YouTube videos.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, Foreverslow said:

reminds me of the old joke about the police officer who comes upon a car crashed into a tree.  As we walks up, he sees 3 inebriated passengers in the back.  Clearly pissed he demands to know who was driving.

One of drunks looks at him and says "None of us officer.  We were all in the back singing.."

police officer came upon a terrible wreck where the driver and passengers had been killed. As he looked upon the wreckage a little monkey came out of the brush and hopped around the crashed car. The officer looked down at the monkey and said "I wish you could talk." The monkey looked up at the officer and shook his head up and down. "You can understand what I'm saying?" asked the officer. Again, the monkey shook his head up and down. "Well, did you see this?" "Yes," motioned the monkey. "What happened?" The monkey pretended to have a can in his hand and turned it up by his mouth. "They were drinking?" asked the officer. "Yes." "What else?" The monkey pinched his fingers together and held them to his mouth. "They were smoking marijuana?" "Yes." "Now wait, you're saying your owners were drinking, and smoking marijuana before they wrecked." "Yes." "What were you doing during all this?" "Driving" motioned the monkey

"Steel tubing"..... Somehow I don't see that thing being a great success even if it hadn't disintegrated when it did.

50 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Are you kidding? I assumed it was a prank post.

Ibrahim had dropped out of school in class 8 (eighth grade)

Then Ibrahim watched a movie called "3 Idiots", and took a cue from a character called "Rancho"

Ibrahim decided to build his own helicopter from scratch. But, instead of learning the old-fashioned way (in a school, or with many years of private studying from primary sources and engineering manuals), he got his information from YouTube videos.

Building it is one thing, flying them is something else.. 

Wasn't there two brothers that escaped from east to west Berlin in a gyro-copter or something they built in their attic?

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

So close.   Soooo fuuuucking close

MIAMI, United States — A tiger was shot dead at a Florida zoo after biting a cleaner who had put his arm through the fencing of its enclosure, law enforcement and local media said.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/florida/video-naples-zoo-tiger-shot-while-biting-mans-arm-as-he-screams/

1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

MIAMI, United States — A tiger was shot dead at a Florida zoo after biting a cleaner who had put his arm through the fencing of its enclosure, law enforcement and local media said.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/florida/video-naples-zoo-tiger-shot-while-biting-mans-arm-as-he-screams/

Saw that on the national TV news, they should have shot the moron instead of the tiger. We have plenty of idiot cleaning help, the tiger was a rare species.

- DSK

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Saw that on the national TV news, they should have shot the moron instead of the tiger. We have plenty of idiot cleaning help, the tiger was a rare species.

- DSK

Cop shot the wrong animal 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

8 hours ago, silent bob said:

Do you know the last thing to go through his mind?  

His asshole!  

"Joy Benedict is live there on the ground."

Unlike the bike thief.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, silent bob said:

Do you know the last thing to go through his mind?  

His asshole!  

Wonder if the coroner will be able to determine if the cause of death was the Delta or Omicron variant?  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mr. Funky said:

Delta.

Died because of the negative acceleration.

a=dv/dt

Lol.  Where the fuck were you when we were posting calculus and physics memes?

3 hours ago, Marcjsmith said:

speed doesnt kill, but the sudden stop...ouchie

here is a view from a store camera at half speed..  Rag doll physics

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LinedUnhealthyFrog-mobile.mp4

Blew him right out of his pants.

That's why mom always said to wear clean undies.

He sure got some big air - I was wondering where he landed and then he dropped out of the sky.

Literally too stupid to live.

I doubt if there were any salvageable parts to donate.... He pretty much exploded on contact.

Only "pretty much" though - human skin is incredibly tough.

PB can tell us for sure but the human body seems to remain a more or less sealed bag even when smashed like that.

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Only "pretty much" though - human skin is incredibly tough.

PB can tell us for sure but the human body seems to remain a more or less sealed bag even when smashed like that.

You're just baiting PB to tell us one of his "one time we responded to a call where..." stories.  I hope it works!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

What did he expect?

Everybody knows white men can't jump.

Great movie! While we are talking about ball, saw a YouTube video about Larry Bird's epic history of trash-talking apparently he was a master. One of them was him telling Charles Barkley that the 76ers were disrespecting him because they had a white guy trying to cover him.

https://youtu.be/cbshHcWCIVI?t=99

1 hour ago, hobot said:

Man.   I hope there's a lawsuit there.   No idea if the dude was guilty of something, but tough choice he was given.  Get shot by the police or jump off a bridge?   Any idea when or why?

On 1/3/2022 at 8:44 PM, Marcjsmith said:

Should have shot the cleaner not the tiger. Florida Darwin’s waiting room. 

ZEBULON, N.C. (WNCN) – A 50-year-old man was killed when a car fell on top of him while he was trying to steal its catalytic converter, the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said.  

Car was left on the shoulder with a flat, tow truck driver found an extra when he went for the recovery.   Due to age discrimination, the would be thief only earns an honorable mention despite the predicted presence of ice and mud under his jack.  Authorities are hoping to pin more crimes on him.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Another non Darwin that really needs to go somewhere.   Amazing story of desperation or stupidity, redeemed by actually managing to survive.

Woman rescued after drifting on an air mattress on a freezing Oklahoma lake for 2 days (msn.com)

A woman and her friend friend tried to reach a boat (presumably illegally) on an Oklahoma lake, by air mattress.   She blew away and spent two days on the lake, before washing ashore.   She then managed to flag down a passing train.  The alert crew saw her laying by the tracks, feebly waving, and stopped the train.   The man made it to shore and was in a house (squatting?) where he had taken shelter to warm up.   He hadn't reported her plight.   The high on the day of rescue was 16' F.   

2 hours ago, Lark said:

Another non Darwin that really needs to go somewhere.   Amazing story of desperation or stupidity, redeemed by actually managing to survive.

Woman rescued after drifting on an air mattress on a freezing Oklahoma lake for 2 days (msn.com)

A woman and her friend friend tried to reach a boat (presumably illegally) on an Oklahoma lake, by air mattress.   She blew away and spent two days on the lake, before washing ashore.   She then managed to flag down a passing train.  The alert crew saw her laying by the tracks, feebly waving, and stopped the train.   The man made it to shore and was in a house (squatting?) where he had taken shelter to warm up.   He hadn't reported her plight.   The high on the day of rescue was 16' F.   

Talk about being caught in  a Wewoka switch!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...