Just now, phillysailor said:

Cohen taking a guilty plea while providing Mueller with a file cabinet from the office, a stack of files from the apartment, a few hard drives and some recordings. 

The accountant can read the tea leaves.  

I'm sure there's a lineup at the confessional right now.

• Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 7:00am, maybe, it could be 8:00am. It's hard to tell. The electricity has been off for, well, a very long time. The sun is starting to rise over the horizon with the red mist slowly lifting to li

Jack, I think you actually believe this. That's kind of scary, because it shows just how effective propaganda can be.  The dossier has not been disproven, administration and campaign officials ha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I'm sure there's a lineup at the confessional right now.

I'm just not seeing Cohen as a devout Catholic kinda goy.....

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Cohen taking a guilty plea while providing Mueller with a file cabinet from the office, a stack of files from the apartment, a few hard drives and some recordings. 

The accountant can read the tea leaves.  

And Trump weakness.  It’s like these guys are pretend made men....

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

Michael Cohen Pleads Guilty After Giuliani Offers to Be His Lawyer

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Michael D. Cohen decided on Tuesday to plead guilty to a host of financial crimes shortly after Rudolph Giuliani offered to be his lawyer on a pro-bono basis, Giuliani confirmed.

In an interview with Jake Tapper, on CNN, the former New York City mayor said that he had offered to give Cohen “the kind of defense that only I am capable of giving.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/michael-cohen-pleads-guilty-after-giuliani-offers-to-be-his-lawyer

Stop it! anything is believable :D

Just now, Al Paca said:

Member the good ol days of Hillary and Benghazi ?

I remember the good old days of Watergate, And Laos.

Trump World Tower doorman releases 'catch-and-kill' contract about alleged Trump affair

Source: CNN

A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc.

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-tower-doorman-contract-ami/index.html
1 hour ago, RKoch said:

That's pretty good. The hierarchies conservatives tend to dwell in are very important to them. Race, wealth, "class", religion and "tradition" form a core of beliefs far more powerful than laws.

Drain the swamp? They carry around personal cesspools in case of a dry spell. They love corruption if it fits their arbitrary notions of supremacy.

55 minutes ago, RKoch said:

" former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child"

The only way his base cares is if the housekeeper is black.

"she used to work for me."

The Evidence Is Tipping Toward Impeachment

There will come a point when Trump’s unwillingness to uphold the Constitution is so undeniable that Congress would be remiss to not remove him. We’re getting there.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-08-24/impeach-trump-the-evidence-tips-toward-action-against-him-jl7zjnba?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=bd&utm_campaign=headline&cmpId=yhoo.headline&yptr=yahoo

No way. He could say that the Constitution does not apply to him and his non-supporting defenders would point out that Chief Justice Roberts screwed up the oath of office for Obama, so the Constitution didn’t apply to him. 

He only loses the Faithful if he switches parties. But if you want real fun, watch how hard those same people try to remove his name from public discourse and memory once he is out of office. 

8 hours ago, Great Red Shark said:

The only way his base cares is if the housekeeper is black.

"she used to work for me."

"House keeper"... "Trump Tower"..... Best bet says she's not likely from Denmark, or Norway....

14 hours ago, Sean said:
14 hours ago, RKoch said:

Although their testimony undoubtedly helped,  NYSD already had enough evidence to convict Cohen, and Weisselberg was given full immunity, not use immunity. It's to go after  bigger fish and bigger crimes than hooker hush money. 

Weisselberg has been with Trump forever. He started with Fred Trump back in the ‘70’s. He knows where all the bodies are buried. I believe he is also A board member of the Trump Foundation, although he claimed he wasn’t aware of that fact “for the last 10 or 15 years”.

he has.  he has also been running trump inc since early 2017

I wouldn't bank on the claim of immunity, beyond testifying in the cohen investigation, based on a twitter post

7 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I don't know what's more disrespect, the fact that you had a pony tail vs you telling us you had a pony tail.

Was your boyfriend appreciative of the hand hold?

Hopefully it was me telling you.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

No way. He could say that the Constitution does not apply to him and his non-supporting defenders would point out that Chief Justice Roberts screwed up the oath of office for Obama, so the Constitution didn’t apply to him. 

He only loses the Faithful if he switches parties. But if you want real fun, watch how hard those same people try to remove his name from public discourse and memory once he is out of office. 

I like how you assume he might someday be out of office!

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Cohen investigation was likely done before he copped a plea. That’s what likely caused the plea. It’s an investigation of someone else at this point. 

My guess is that the current targets are Jr and Roger Stone. That completes the group meeting in Trump Tower with the Russians. Where does DT come in? Like Nixon, he does not have to have been at the planning meeting or even known in advance (though possibly he did). Guilt comes with the conspiracy and obstruction to cover it  up afterwards.  

Other issues DT faces...the election finance fraud charges for the hush money. Conspiracy to commit election finance fraud. Many fraud charges for using the non-profit Foundation as a personal slush fund. Emoluments violations. Probable fraud and tax problems for Trump Org and personal tax filings. 

3 minutes ago, RKoch said:

My guess is that the current targets are Jr and Roger Stone. That completes the group meeting in Trump Tower with the Russians. Where does DT come in? Like Nixon, he does not have been at the planning meeting or even known in advance (though possibly he did). Guilt comes with conspiracy and obstruction to cover it  up afterwards.  

That would be completely out of character for New York’s Most Honest and Forthright Businessman to play fast and loose with the law. I cannot believe that he would ever behave as if the law doesn’t apply to him. 

more likely, sdny needed additional evidence to back up the fec charges against cohen, and since pecker and weisselberg were implicated, sdny gave them immunity rather than have them plead the fifth.  the timing of their grand jury testimony was probably right about when cohen saw the writing on the wall - two of trumps besties testifying against him - and decided he wasn't going to take any bullets.  and hired lanny.  if pecker and/or weisselberg had been given blanket immunity after the plea, it would be a huge deal and be all over the news, no just some stupid tweet.

remember the twitter leak that cohen had proof trump knew about the tower meeting beforehand?  that got shot down as false

39 minutes ago, RKoch said:

My guess is that the current targets are Jr and Roger Stone. That completes the group meeting in Trump Tower with the Russians. Where does DT come in? Like Nixon, he does not have to have been at the planning meeting or even known in advance (though possibly he did). Guilt comes with the conspiracy and obstruction to cover it  up afterwards.  

Other issues DT faces...the election finance fraud charges for the hush money. Conspiracy to commit election finance fraud. Many fraud charges for using the non-profit Foundation as a personal slush fund. Emoluments violations. Probable fraud and tax problems for Trump Org and personal tax filings. 

And sexual harassment of several women.  What's the latest count?

13 minutes ago, hermetic said:

remember the twitter leak that cohen had proof trump knew about the tower meeting beforehand?  that got shot down as false

Nixon likely didn't know about the Watergate break-in planning meetings. It appears it was a G Gordon Liddy idea, approved by Erlichman and Mitchell. But Nixon certainly knew afterwards, evidenced by the tapes, and directed the coverup.

Its not necessary to prove Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting in advance, or attended it. Did he know afterwards? Certainly. Did he report it and his campaign staff to FBI?  No, he did not. Did he attempt to cover it up? Most definitely. Did he engage in a conspiracy to cover it up? Yes, he coordinated with staff to first deny the meeting took place, then the nature of the meeting. Did he obstruct justice? Yes, he directed the efforts to coverup the meeting's existence and purpose, as it was illegal.

7 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

And sexual harassment of several women.  What's the latest count?

IDK the count. ATM, there are no criminal charges regarding that. There are allegations which could possibly result in civil suits. The SCOTUS has previously ruled that civil suits can proceed against a sitting President, and the President can be deposed under oath. Gennifer Flowers vs Bill Clinton.

44 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Are you assuming he won't be?

I am, unfortunately, a very pessimistic person!  i just need to keep telling myself "hey, I have a sailboat!"  I would hope to see the legislative branch actually start paying attention to their oaths of office, but there has not been much indication of that yet.

A thing:  I keep reading / hearing that a sitting president CANNOT be charged.  But then I read / hear that it is just a "policy" that a sitting president cannot be charged.  If it is just a "policy", is there actually anything that prevents it if congress is faced with evidence of major crimes that cross a "red line"?  Well, the thought of Pence as president is one thing that prevents it.

30 minutes ago, bridhb said:

I am, unfortunately, a very pessimistic person!  i just need to keep telling myself "hey, I have a sailboat!"  I would hope to see the legislative branch actually start paying attention to their oaths of office, but there has not been much indication of that yet.

A thing:  I keep reading / hearing that a sitting president CANNOT be charged.  But then I read / hear that it is just a "policy" that a sitting president cannot be charged.  If it is just a "policy", is there actually anything that prevents it if congress is faced with evidence of major crimes that cross a "red line"?  Well, the thought of Pence as president is one thing that prevents it.

There is no policy or law. It's merely a legal opinion. It's never been tested. It HAS been tested and ruled upon that a sitting President can be subjected and deposed in a civil suit. IMO, if a President can have a civil suit filed, then they can have criminal charges filed...it's not that big a step. If the trial is greatly consuming of his time and attention, well that's why there's a Vice President.  What a criminal trial can't do is remove the President from office. Even if he's sentenced to jail, he's still the President until the Senate votes to remove him in an impeachment trial. 

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Cohen investigation was likely done before he copped a plea. That’s what likely caused the plea. It’s an investigation of someone else at this point. 

And something else, maybe. God knows what Benedict Arnold Cohen gave the corrupt disloyal and treasonous FBI, but whatever it was it'll need corroboration. 

1 hour ago, RKoch said:
1 hour ago, hermetic said:

Nixon likely didn't know about the Watergate break-in planning meetings. It appears it was a G Gordon Liddy idea, approved by Erlichman and Mitchell. But Nixon certainly knew afterwards, evidenced by the tapes, and directed the coverup.

Its not necessary to prove Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting in advance, or attended it. Did he know afterwards? Certainly. Did he report it and his campaign staff to FBI?  No, he did not. Did he attempt to cover it up? Most definitely. Did he engage in a conspiracy to cover it up? Yes, he coordinated with staff to first deny the meeting took place, then the nature of the meeting. Did he obstruct justice? Yes, he directed the efforts to coverup the meeting's existence and purpose, as it was illegal.

with this response to my (edited post) you have hereby lost the right to claim "you moved the goalpost" to anyone for 30 days.  well done

1 minute ago, hermetic said:

with this response to my (edited post) you have hereby lost the right to claim "you moved the goalpost" to anyone for 30 days.  well done

Goalposts haven't been moved at all. Nixon's Watergate has similarities to Trump's Collusion. The applicable laws haven't changed in the past 45 years....only the Republican's willingness to place the good of the country above partisan party politics.

26 minutes ago, Mark K said:

And something else, maybe. God knows what Benedict Arnold Cohen gave the corrupt disloyal and treasonous FBI, but whatever it was it'll need corroboration. 

Of course, though I suspect that he gave them far more during the search(es) than he did in any proffer. That stuff needs corroborating too. 

Still can’t believed he copped a plea to such a nothing burger. 

9 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Of course, though I suspect that he gave them far more during the search(es) than he did in any proffer. That stuff needs corroborating too. 

Not just a nothing-burger. He didn't even commit a crime. That's why he confessed to committing crimes. Dog redhat-splained it. No crime, Cohen pleading guilty to crimes isn't proof of crimes. Trump is as innocent as a vestal virgin. Benghazi!!!! Emails!!!

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The speed with which Trump's BFFs D.Pecker and Weaselberg got immunity offers and took them indicates a Double Whopper with Bigly Cheese, I be thunkin'. 

2 hours ago, RKoch said:
2 hours ago, hermetic said:

Goalposts haven't been moved at all. Nixon's Watergate has similarities to Trump's Collusion. The applicable laws haven't changed in the past 45 years....only the Republican's willingness to place the good of the country above partisan party politics.

since you are a true believer in all things twitter, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that is what you think my post was about

4 hours ago, RKoch said:

"If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him," she (deputy national security advisor) wrote.

Any other president, this would be breaking news interrupting prime time tv.    Anybody get broadcast?    Has CNN moved to crises mode?   Has Fox noticed?    I’m going sailing.   

2 hours ago, Lark said:

"If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him," she (deputy national security advisor) wrote.

Any other president, this would be breaking news interrupting prime time tv.    Anybody get broadcast?    Has CNN moved to crises mode?   Has Fox noticed?    I’m going sailing.   

That’s an old article. 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

That’s an old article. 

Was it true?   

Who cares.  Perfect night docking with a cloud covered moon.    All the parking lot lights are out, so no glare helps.    

5 minutes ago, RKoch said:

image.jpeg

How would he pull that off?  During a state visit to Russia? Do you suppose the Deep State already has a contingency for it?  Like changing the codes, etc?

57 minutes ago, Amati said:

How would he pull that off?  During a state visit to Russia? Do you suppose the Deep State already has a contingency for it?  Like changing the codes, etc?

Big geography. Belief me.

His business is going to collapse...Cohen was #2, he's going to prison...Weisselberger was #3, he's talking to the Feds and isn't going to stay. Jr has his own legal problems, Kushner has nearly bankrupted his own business. Whatever money is left in the Slush Fund,...errr, Foundation...is going to be seized. There won't be anything left for him here, and he's entitled to live in style, doncha know.

So...whether Mueller closes in, or Trump runs the clock out, it makes sense he will flee to Russia. They don't have an extradition treaty. He's buddies with Putin and the oligarchs, and can rebuild his empire there. He's used to dealing with Mafia figures...that's the basis of his business. Russians like him, he'll even have his own TV show there. He can live like a big shot, and the US can't touch him. All he's got to do is hop on AF1 and issue a resignation statement on the Tarmac in Moscow.  

The Russians wouldn't let him stay there for all the money in the world. He's as toxic to Putin as he is to everyone else. Putin used him as a pawn, he's not going to keep him like a puppy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

The Russians wouldn't let him stay there for all the money in the world. He's as toxic to Putin as he is to everyone else. Putin used him as a pawn, he's not going to keep him like a puppy.

This. Plus, nobody trusts a traitor. There's only one place he would be truly welcome and that is North Korea.

8 minutes ago, Remodel said:

This. Plus, nobody trusts a traitor. There's only one place he would be truly welcome and that is North Korea.

No golf there, eh?

8 minutes ago, Amati said:

No golf there, eh?

Rumor has it that they're dismantling a missile test range. It's no longer need because they completed their testing.The new development is going to be called Trump Silos, and it will have 72 holes. 18 to start in phase one...

4 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Rumor has it that they're dismantling a missile test range. It's no longer need because they completed their testing.The new development is going to be called Trump Silos, and it will have 72 holes. 18 to start in phase one...

72 Holes?  That sounds like a description of the company the Most Faithful Husband in the GOP keeps while his wife recovers from childbirth.  

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

72 Holes?  That sounds like a description of the company the Most Faithful Husband in the GOP keeps while his wife recovers from childbirth.  

It's also the same number of virgins that are waiting for the Pride of the GOP when he detonates his vest.

Building a golf course on an abandoned missile rest range might not be that strange-

https://oldworks.org/

(Really great course, by the way....)

https://oldworks.org/gallery/

Pics don’t really show how much slag and flues, etc etc remain.

It’s kind of surreal-

I didn’t see anyone licking their golf balls, or venturing out of bounds, for that matter, either...

On 8/21/2018 at 8:21 AM, hermetic said:

if he lies to mueller's team, will congress even bother to pursue perjury claims?  how big a lie would it have to be?

Size doesn't matter - perjury is perjury.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Probably spells it Flagg - like potatoe.

Or colonel.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:53 PM, SloopJonB said:

Size doesn't matter - perjury is perjury.

Florence Joyner was convicted for kinda hinting, one time, that she had never taken performance enhancing drugs. The setting was an FBI interview.

On 8/26/2018 at 6:45 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Interesting thought but I think he prefers Coca Cola to polonium tea. 

How about an overview. Who wants to fine-tune this?

Fred Trump employed Roy Cohn, and Donald did, too. In 1983, having gone bust n Atlantic City and having been chastised by the gambling commission, Trump's empire was collapsing. Cohn was counsel for two NY crime families, and had some connections with the Russian mob. He sent David Bogatin into Trump Tower with six million cash in some container, and Bogatin exited with the deeds to five condos. 1300 other condos were brokered through that and similar Russian channels. Trump recovered.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/980356141048848384.html

Where was Weisenberg in 1983? How could Manafort be under the Russian radar? When will bodies begin dropping? Which victims will be the NY mob? Which will be the Russian mob? 

Trump, marital bliss.jpg