3 hours ago, Dog said:

Fact remains...there is no FBI investigation.

And with that, Dog wins this years "Pedantic Asshole of the Year" award. 

And I was wrong, there's no reason to read what Dog has to say.

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 7:00am, maybe, it could be 8:00am. It's hard to tell. The electricity has been off for, well, a very long time. The sun is starting to rise over the horizon with the red mist slowly lifting to li

Jack, I think you actually believe this. That's kind of scary, because it shows just how effective propaganda can be.  The dossier has not been disproven, administration and campaign officials ha

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yeah....Something more direct  and incriminating  than contact with a "fictitious online persona" believed to be operated by the GRU. How would Stone even know who's behind Guccifer2

Yeah, something like a business partner who is a 'former' officer with the GRU.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

What's your source for the communications between Stone and indicted Russian GRU actors. It's not in the indictment.

Seems to me that if your political ideas require to constantly and blatantly lie, it would be better to change your ideas than to become known far and wide as a stupid liar.

-DSK

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Seems to me that if your political ideas require to constantly and blatantly lie, it would be better to change your ideas than to become known far and wide as a stupid liar.

-DSK

Too late for that, his reputation here is carved in Stone.

This is a doozy.  According to the NYT Trump ased Whitaker to replace the SDNY attorney prosecuting Cohen with another Attorney who is a Trump buddy. 

Whitaker lied about this to Congress though he had the wherewithal to tell tump it couldn’t be done.

Drip drip drip

Edit.  It’s an impeachable offense but of course not a threat with the current Senate.

Whoops!

Turns out General Flynn stood to benefit financially from changing US policy to transfer nuclear energy know how to Saudi Arabia.

House Oversight and Reform Committee) Chairman Elijah Cummings's staff issued an "interim staff" report Tuesday, citing "multiple whistleblowers" who raised ethical and legal concerns about the process. 

"They have warned about political appointees ignoring directives from top ethics advisers at the White House who repeatedly and unsuccessfully ordered senior Trump administration officials to halt their efforts," the report states. "They have also warned of conflicts of interest among top White House advisers that could implicate federal criminal statutes."

The committee's report alleges that the major drivers behind the effort to transfer of U.S. nuclear technology were retired Gen. Michael Flynn, who served as the president's national security adviser, and Thomas Barrack, who chaired the Trump inaugural committee. Flynn was fired in February 2017 for lying about conversations with the Russian Ambassador to Vice President Pence and the F.B.I.

For roughly seven months in 2016, including during the presidential transition, Flynn served as an adviser to IP3 International, a private company seeking to build nuclear plants in Saudi Arabia.

The whistleblowers told the committee that Flynn continued to advocate for IP3's plan even after he joined the White House as the president's National Security Advisor in 2017

9 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

For roughly seven months in 2016, including during the presidential transition, Flynn served as an adviser to IP3 International, a private company seeking to build nuclear plants in Saudi Arabia.

The whistleblowers told the committee that Flynn continued to advocate for IP3's plan even after he joined the White House as the president's National Security Advisor in 2017

happens anytime the Prez is "open for business" i mean, bribes.

51 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Whoops!

Turns out General Flynn stood to benefit financially from changing US policy to transfer nuclear energy know how to Saudi Arabia.

House Oversight and Reform Committee) Chairman Elijah Cummings's staff issued an "interim staff" report Tuesday, citing "multiple whistleblowers" who raised ethical and legal concerns about the process. 

"They have warned about political appointees ignoring directives from top ethics advisers at the White House who repeatedly and unsuccessfully ordered senior Trump administration officials to halt their efforts," the report states. "They have also warned of conflicts of interest among top White House advisers that could implicate federal criminal statutes."

The committee's report alleges that the major drivers behind the effort to transfer of U.S. nuclear technology were retired Gen. Michael Flynn, who served as the president's national security adviser, and Thomas Barrack, who chaired the Trump inaugural committee. Flynn was fired in February 2017 for lying about conversations with the Russian Ambassador to Vice President Pence and the F.B.I.

You're citing a house investigation?

I’m quoting from NPR, and the NSC got uptight as well. But I guess Trump supporters like you put both of them on  “ignore” because he certainly does.

“The Atomic Energy Act requires that Congress approve any transfer of nuclear technology to a foreign country. The committee's report states that a senior director at the National Security Council (NSC), Derek Harvey, "reportedly ignored... warnings and insisted that the decision to transfer nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia had already been made." 

The NSC's lawyers realized that Flynn had a possible conflict of interest that could violate the law, the whistleblowers said, and told NSC staff to stop working on the nuclear technology transfer plan. Despite Flynn's firing in February 2017, the plan appeared to continue to progress with Barrack's support.”

13 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I’m quoting from NPR, and the NSC got uptight as well. But I guess Trump supporters like you put both of them on  “ignore” because he certainly does.

“The Atomic Energy Act requires that Congress approve any transfer of nuclear technology to a foreign country. The committee's report states that a senior director at the National Security Council (NSC), Derek Harvey, "reportedly ignored... warnings and insisted that the decision to transfer nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia had already been made." 

The NSC's lawyers realized that Flynn had a possible conflict of interest that could violate the law, the whistleblowers said, and told NSC staff to stop working on the nuclear technology transfer plan. Despite Flynn's firing in February 2017, the plan appeared to continue to progress with Barrack's support.”

I guess congressional investigations are worthless only some of the time.

9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Like when Nunes did his sweep under rug kind? Yeah, those are worthless wastes of time and money.  Sorry but the Rs have made it clear that they want to keep loading the courts and will do whatever it takes to get there.  #Winning

14 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Like when Nunes did his sweep under rug kind? Yeah, those are worthless wastes of time and money.  Sorry but the Rs have made it clear that they want to keep loading the courts and will do whatever it takes to get there.  #Winning

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/07/25/nunes_totally_vindicated_with_release_of_fisa_application.html

26 minutes ago, Dog said:

And how are you brushing off the NSC lawyers unsuccessfully trying to get the administration to stop the transfer of technology?

Just want to square how you are ok with Flynn profiting by giving away nuclear power secrets to IP3, the group for whom he used to be a lobbyist. 

I seem to remember that you took umbrage with Hillary signing off on the Uranium One deal that passed muster with the 8 other governmental heads of departments that comprise CFIUS. 

Just curious, because you just might be being a wee bit partisan on this issue.

7 hours ago, Dog said:

Some, it appears, do not share your confidence in the Mueller investigation.

"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., wouldn't say Sunday if he would accept special counsel Robert Mueller being unable to find direction collusion between President Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia".

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-refuses-to-stand-down-if-mueller-finds-no-collusion

I don't see him saying the investigation is less credible or less objective than the that of the Republicans. Mind pointing that out or did you just make up the part where my confidence was about what it would find rather than whether we could better trust it?

7 hours ago, Dog said:

Some, it appears, do not share your confidence in the Mueller investigation.

"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., wouldn't say Sunday if he would accept special counsel Robert Mueller being unable to find direction collusion between President Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia".

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/adam-schiff-refuses-to-stand-down-if-mueller-finds-no-collusion

That's an interesting article you got there, Canine. It's dated February 17, 2019 but then this quote

it will be up to Mueller to decide if that amounts to criminal conspiracy

is actually from May 30, 2018 which is well before even the election. Now I can imagine that separation of powers and congressional oversight authority is enough to justify Schiff's committee's investigation. What I can't understand is the Examiner's cut and paste.

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Are you Canadian?

If not, that's cultural appropriation - eh?

Could be from Northern Maine, New Hampster, or Vermont, Eh?

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

When Nune states he is totally vindicated that's good enough, right? I was referring to the House "investigations" that never found anything wrong with anything R, like ever.

So thorough

Chief Inspector Nunes better have good legal talent on his side.  

11 hours ago, Dog said:

Mueller is searching for a crime.

Mueller has found crimes. Why do you continually attempt to discredit Mueller?  Why do you continually try to push the line that Mueller's investigation is illegitimate? 

People gave gone to jail for doing the things you do. Maybe thats why you do it? Is lying now an acceptable way to get the things you want?

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Mueller has found crimes. Why do you continually attempt to discredit Mueller?  Why do you continually try to push the line that Mueller's investigation is illegitimate? 

People gave gone to jail for doing the things you do. Maybe thats why you do it? Is lying now an acceptable way to get the things you want?

Ends justify the means.

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

If you define Canadians as disarmed Americans with healthcare, I'm not sure that crosses the line.

There's a little more to it than that but those are the biggies.

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Minnesota, you betcha

Fargo ND even.....

6 hours ago, Dog said:

They are very useful when Representative Nunes reported directly to his masters, Trump, and not the people he is supposed to be working for.   

5 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Could be from Northern Maine, New Hampster, or Vermont, Eh?

5 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Minnesota, you betcha

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Fargo ND even...

All y'all are way off the mark. I used to travel South over the Ambassador bridge (or through the tunnel) to party in Windsor.

3 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

for a period in the 00s you could get lots of good quality weed by trading good american microbrews or good whiskey/tequila in BC or AB. booze was/is expensive up north, cheap down south; weed was the reverse.

Still the same in BC, unless you shop at government stores for the weed.

12 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I don't think I have indicated that the Mueller  investigation is illegitimate or that the convictions he has obtained are not appropriate. He has uncovered crimes and that's a good thing.  It is clear however that he is engaged in a search for crimes.

Mueller has been portrayed by some here as the fountainhead of all truth and justice and that anything he produces is the final word. He is not and it is not. Mueller is a prosecutor and his product is the product of the prosecution.

I can't ignore the fact that the precursor to the Mueller investigation was a dubious FBI investigation the impetus for which remains unclear to this day and about which lies have been told. That the FBI officials involved have by their own words demonstrated a willingness to subvert our democracy. That they leaked to the media for the purpose of prompting the Mueller's appointment. That they, in the course of their investigation, fraudulently used unverified political opposition research to obtain a warrant to spy on a political campaign and had established back channel communications with Fusion GPS the company hired to produce said opposition research.

I suspect that when all is said and done we will learn that the genesis of this entire thing is the information (or disinformation) solicited from Kremlin officials by the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

And BTW...I have committed no crime...Fuck off.

The impetus for the initial FBI investigation was clear enough to the entire US intelligence service: they all were horrified by the information you and I are not privy to. 

But you would have us suspect our entire national security and intelligence branches in order to nullify the reason and the methods used by the FBI to investigate what they thought was a clear threat to our nation.

You ignore the validity of methods used by a long-time security service pro (Steele) who did not know who he was working for when he gathered the info in Russia. For the Russians to know who hired him requires leaps of faith only you are capable of making without skepticism.

Conspiracy theories are all you have.

Just now, phillysailor said:

The impetus for the initial FBI investigation was clear enough to the entire US intelligence service: they all were horrified by the information you and I are not privy to. 

But you would have us suspect our entire national security and intelligence branches in order to nullify the reason and the methods used by the FBI to investigate what they thought was a clear threat to our nation.

You ignore the methods of a long-time security service pro (Steele) who did not know who he was working for when he gathered the info in Russia. For the Russians to know who hired him requires leaps of faith only you are capable of making without skepticism.

Conspiracy theories are all you have.

Bullshit.  I have not indicted the "entire national security and intelligence branches" you made that up.

If the impetus for the FBI's investigation is so clear, what was it and when did the investigation really start? 

Oh, and thanks to Mueller, we know the truth about so much that your dear leader and his coconspirators have been lying about since well before the inauguration.

Lies on security clearance forms, lies about who they worked for, lies about business deals in Russia, meetings in Trump tower, dinners at NYC clubs deciding foreign policy changes over cigars have all been exposed by Mr Mueller.

So, he actually is our fountainhead of truth in this matter.

9 hours ago, Lark said:

They are very useful when Representative Nunes reported directly to his masters, Trump, and not the people he is supposed to be working for.   

His district keeps sending him back.

14 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Oh, and thanks to Mueller, we know the truth about so much that your dear leader and his coconspirators have been lying about since well before the inauguration.

Lies on security clearance forms, lies about who they worked for, lies about business deals in Russia, meetings in Trump tower, dinners at NYC clubs deciding foreign policy changes over cigars have all been exposed by Mr Mueller.

So, he actually is our fountainhead of truth in this matter.

None of that matters to Dog and at least 40+% of American voters, which seems to be enough to get the scum elected, and probably enough to get him elected a second time.

43 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It is, but how much of that is due to the accents?

The accents enhance the comedy, but the acting on it's own is great. Then throw in the story, and direction and production, and yeah..... Yoo betcha! Great movie!

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

The accents enhance the comedy, but the acting on it's own is great. Then throw in the story, and direction and production, and yeah..... Yoo betcha! Great movie!

Some outstanding cinematography too. The scene where "The funny looking little guy" buries the money in the snow and then looks down the fence into the distance is as good as anything Ansell Adams ever did.

Starts at 1:50

28 minutes ago, Dog said:

The FBI investigation predated that by a long shot.

Sorry I misunderstood what you were getting at. Mueller was appointed after the Comey firing (May 2017). The counter intelligence investigation started after it was verified the DNC was hacked by the Russians (July 2016). And of course Trump has been on the FBI's radar for years, because, well, he's a criminal with ties to Russia.

59 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Some outstanding cinematography too. The scene where "The funny looking little guy" buries the money in the snow and then looks down the fence into the distance is as good as anything Ansell Adams ever did.

Starts at 1:50

Steve Buscemi's done a LOT of good movies!....

• Like 1

Dog is working President Trumps legal strategy here on our own PA.

Cast aspersions in every way possible, deny everything, obfuscate and attack the investigators.

Never mind that President Trump told the Russians the day after he fired Comey, “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” 

Trump ain’t the problem, it’s the people investigating him, he would have you believe, and @Dog has his back.

And later, Trump was enraged Sessions wouldn’t protect him from the Russian investigators, and tried to get him fired. That time, WH counsel Donald McGahn II  refused, and threatened to quit.

More recently, it seems Trump called newly installed Attourney General Matthew Whitaker If Geoffrey Berman, the US Attourney for the Southern District of NY and Trump ally could be put in charge of the Manhattan investigation into hush payments Michael Cohen arranged during the 2016 election season. Unfortunately, it seems Berman had already recused himself for being too partisan on the issue.

Whittaker forgot to mention this phone call when testifying before Congress recently, so it seems he shares a penchant for obstructing investigations into Trump & Co with his boss.

Trump also, unsurprisingly, lied about this phone call when asked, calling it “more fake news.”

Andrew Napolitano If FOX NEWS says of the phone call that if it’s true, it’s evidence of “corrupt intent” and “clearly an attempt to obstruct justice” by the president.

But Doggy still loyally spouts the lines fed to him by the legal eagles on the Trump squad. Go Doggy! 

10 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Dog is working President Trumps legal strategy here on our own PA.

Cast aspersions in every way possible, deny everything, obfuscate and attack the investigators.

(A bunch of stuff added here that has nothing to do with my commentary)

But Doggy still loyally spouts the lines fed to him by the legal eagles on the Trump squad. Go Doggy! 

Rated Ad Hominem

la9nb.png

Excellent strategy, @Dog

Deleting the facts is so much easier than refuting them! :D

Lets just revisit the rest of the post you couldn’t stand, shall we?

22 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

President Trump told the Russians the day after he fired Comey, “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” 

Trump ain’t the problem, it’s the people investigating him, he would have you believe, and @Dog has his back.

And later, Trump was enraged Sessions wouldn’t protect him from the Russian investigators, and tried to get him fired. That time, WH counsel Donald McGahn II  refused, and threatened to quit.

More recently, it seems Trump called newly installed Attourney General Matthew Whitaker If Geoffrey Berman, the US Attourney for the Southern District of NY and Trump ally could be put in charge of the Manhattan investigation into hush payments Michael Cohen arranged during the 2016 election season. Unfortunately, it seems Berman had already recused himself for being too partisan on the issue.

Whittaker forgot to mention this phone call when testifying before Congress recently, so it seems he shares a penchant for obstructing investigations into Trump & Co with his boss.

Trump also, unsurprisingly, lied about this phone call when asked, calling it “more fake news.”

Andrew Napolitano If FOX NEWS says of the phone call that if it’s true, it’s evidence of “corrupt intent” and “clearly an attempt to obstruct justice” by the president.

Ouch!  The poor little snowflake just got hurt again. 

BTW, where on your chart is the line that covers “deleting your opponents argument so you don’t have to debate it?” It probably got cut off at the bottom.

I think you need a longer chart so you can find your place in the world.

4 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Excellent strategy, @Dog

Deleting the facts is so much easier than refuting them! :D

Lets just revisit the rest of the post you couldn’t stand, shall we?

Ouch!  The poor little snowflake just got hurt again. 

BTW, where on your chart is the line that covers “deleting your opponents argument so you don’t have to debate it?” It probably got cut off at the bottom.

I think you need a longer chart so you can find your place in the world.

I left in the parts that had to do with me. The "facts" you included do not and what remains is ad hominem.

I can’t believe it!

Our chief Trump apologist has finally curled up in a ball and is sucking his thumb.

He has given up all attempts at countering facts and arguments. He now requests that we simply leave him alone and stop cyber bullying him.

His feelings are important, and so we must pledge to refrain from hurtful comments, or needless criticism that perpetuates his fetal pose.

@Dog, if you can refrain from doggystyling, lying, obfuscating the truth, denying the facts, ignoring the obvious & other such behavior that only diminishes you, I shall henceforth give only praise to you for resurrecting your tarnished reputation.

You don’t need to vote Democrat or think liberal, you don’t have to agree with anything I write, ever... just quit the bullshit and I shall quit with the apparently devastating rebuttals to your bullshit.

Hooe you feel better soon!

7 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I can’t believe it!

Our chief Trump apologist has finally curled up in a ball and is sucking his thumb.

He has given up all attempts at countering facts and arguments. He now requests that we simply leave him alone and stop cyber bullying him.

His feelings are important, and so we must pledge to refrain from hurtful comments, or needless criticism that perpetuates his fetal pose.

@Dog, if you can refrain from doggystyling, lying, obfuscating the truth, denying the facts, ignoring the obvious & other such behavior that only diminishes you, I shall henceforth give only praise to you for resurrecting your tarnished reputation.

You don’t need to vote Democrat or think liberal, you don’t have to agree with anything I write, ever... just quit the bullshit and I shall quit with the apparently devastating rebuttals to your bullshit.

Hooe you feel better soon!

Rated "name calling"

la9nb.png

23 minutes ago, Dog said:

Rated "name calling"

la9nb.png

And your posts, removing and then not responding to actual facts about the central point, are all contradiction, responding to tone, and implied ad hominem. Would you care to address the subject matter or pretend that you're somehow better for ignoring it by claiming they do?

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

Dude...You should probably address that to the guys who keep making me the topic.

You were the one cutting the majority of a post from a quote so you could pretend you were the topic. So we are addressing that guy.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I hope the nyt's source about berman is better than buzzfeed's source about cohen

Maggie Haberman’s reporting on trump has been rock solid.  Trump frequently speaks with her because he’s an attention whore.

we don’t know what part of Buzzfeeds reporting is inaccurate.

"Washington (CNN)Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/special-counsel-conclusion-announcement/index.html

19 minutes ago, hermetic said:

so a mass round up this friday.  jr, ivanka, jared, sessions, et al.  cool.  will definitely take all the heat of the virgina clowns

probably put a damper on mccabe's book tour though

Is there a handcuff fund to which I can contribute?

59 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Washington (CNN)Attorney General Bill Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report, according to people familiar with the plans".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/politics/special-counsel-conclusion-announcement/index.html

Then the question becomes whether the House wants to investigate Trump for obstruction of justice. And for violating the Emoluments clause of the Constitution. And his myriad deals which have foreign policy ramifications, or why Russians kept giving him rubles.  And did Jared give anything to the Qataris in exchange for their bailout?

Dont look for the bleeding to stop anytime soon... 1000s more cuts coming.

9 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Then the question becomes whether the House wants to investigate Trump for obstruction of justice. And for violating the Emoluments clause of the Constitution. And his myriad deals which have foreign policy ramifications, or why Russians kept giving him rubles.  And did Jared give anything to the Qataris in exchange for their bailout?

Dont look for the bleeding to stop anytime soon... 1000s more cuts coming.

Basically, the Intel Agencies knew there was little the R teams would do to rein in a traitorous administration.

A lot less concern about that now that patriotic americans have re-taken the house.

I'm sure Mueller has a plan for an early-kill attempt.  Right?

I wonder if we're going to see some sealed indictments breaking soon.

And I don't see Barr being able to squash this too much.  It's already too big.  Any attempts by him to hide information, he's got to know, will

eventually be revealed, also showing that HE is hiding evidence.  Whittaker is probably already regretting his decision to take the job.

Nothing this clown car has done so far has been capable, or smart.  Slim chance it will change anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Mike G said:

I'm sure Mueller has a plan for an early-kill attempt.  Right?

I wonder if we're going to see some sealed indictments breaking soon.

And I don't see Barr being able to squash this too much.  It's already too big.  Any attempts by him to hide information, he's got to know, will

eventually be revealed, also showing that HE is hiding evidence.  Whittaker is probably already regretting his decision to take the job.

Nothing this clown car has done so far has been capable, or smart.  Slim chance it will change anytime soon.

This sounds like the time frame we've been hearing about for a while.  They've had Flynn, Cohen, the accountant, and Gates cooperating for how long?  

• Like 1

Isn't it nice that Dog learned a new term..... Now will he use it for just a week, or until he learns a new one?