21 minutes ago, Sean said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/thomas-barrack-indictment-trump/2021/07/20/d40b64f0-e985-11eb-84a2-d93bc0b50294_story.html

Excerpt -

Barrack, whose primary residence is in Los Angeles, was taken into custody in California and indicted on foreign lobbying charges related to his dealings with the United Arab Emirates, according to an indictment unsealed Tuesday afternoon.

He and two other defendants are accused of acting and conspiring to act as agents of the UAE between April 2016 and April 2018. Officials also alleged that Barrack lied to FBI agents in 2019 during an interview about his dealings with the UAE. He did not immediately return a request for comment Tuesday.

By whom was employed when these actions took place?

• Replies 21.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 7:00am, maybe, it could be 8:00am. It's hard to tell. The electricity has been off for, well, a very long time. The sun is starting to rise over the horizon with the red mist slowly lifting to li

Jack, I think you actually believe this. That's kind of scary, because it shows just how effective propaganda can be.  The dossier has not been disproven, administration and campaign officials ha

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

And soon you will all learn what the Abraham Accords were really about.  Jared anyone

Am I close?

Piles-of-Money.jpg

• Like 1

Gee, Donaldski, in his one little term, is going to leave Ronald Reagan's two term record for indicted cronies, advisors, friends and relations in the dust.  

So sad.  

Barrack was taken into custody in California on Tuesday but prosecutors in Brooklyn are in charge of his case. In a letter, they called Barrack a serious flight risk given his wealth and access to private planes, and his ties to the UAE and Lebanon, neither of which have extradition treaties with the U.S.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/20/1018481633/a-former-trump-adviser-is-charged-with-acting-as-an-agent-of-the-united-arab-emi

No bail for you!

image.thumb.png.31a8bd04a58aef7b87694897b48836fa.png

A letter to the editor compared DeSantis' presidential ambitions, combined with his poor COVID response, to Lord Farquaad from Shrek

"Some of you may die, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make."

Sounds like a lot of politicians...

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed, not how stupid Trump is, but how stupid the entire Trump machine is. What a bunch of fuckups and slimebags. Including all the people who didn't come forward in time to stop that bullshit. John Bolton, I'm looking at you. Pompeo is garbage. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I'm amazed, not how stupid Trump is, but how stupid the entire Trump machine is. What a bunch of fuckups and slimebags. Including all the people who didn't come forward in time to stop that bullshit. John Bolton, I'm looking at you. Pompeo is garbage. 

And apparently we have AJ to thank for wising us all up or we'd still be putting our faith and trust into TFG.

8 hours ago, Ishmael said:

John Kelly turned out to be the biggest pussy in the history of big pussies. 

Pompeo was predicable, he’s another one of these bible guys like Pence that thinks Jesus anointed him to be the next President because abortion, but John Kelly, I kept naively expecting him to actually try to curtail Trump. Kelly is still too scared to talk. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Sean said:

So, it turns out to have been true all along.... the guy who gave every appearance of working for the benefit of Putin/Russia, was in fact working for the benefit of Putin/Russia

Gosh, seems so entirely impossible to believe!

- DSK

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
48 minutes ago, Sean said:

So, it turns out to have been true all along.... the guy who gave every appearance of working for the benefit of Putin/Russia, was in fact working for the benefit of Putin/Russia

Gosh, seems so entirely impossible to believe!

It's times like this I really miss my dog Dog.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

image.jpeg.7a87baba43702297048927c6b61e5214.jpeg

Who? The Russian agent who was fucking a Republican political operative? A US agent?

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

image.jpeg.7a87baba43702297048927c6b61e5214.jpeg

Who? The Russian agent who was fucking a Republican political operative? A US agent?

Karma is truly a bitch.

8 minutes ago, Mike G said:

If we're talking about her, then she's not a very good agent.

We talked about her when she was a Russian agent. Is turn about not fair play?

Yes, turnabout is always fair play. But seriously, I never thought she was hot. She’s not National Cleavage Day material. More like Someone Has To Fuck Rudy Giuliani material. Maybe she’s better looking than Svetlana Lokhova but not much.

image.png.6fb9dc7c261da11ea5bd469ce4b0c953.png

A former senior aide to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Sen. Rand Paul was indicted this month for allegedly funneling $25,000 from a wealthy, unnamed Russian to former President Trump's reelection efforts.

https://www.axios.com/gop-operatives-charged-funneling-russian-money-to-trump-870141e0-4534-4cdf-8d1b-95cfe0d31e02.html

Hi Tom!

47 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.6fb9dc7c261da11ea5bd469ce4b0c953.png

A former senior aide to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Sen. Rand Paul was indicted this month for allegedly funneling $25,000 from a wealthy, unnamed Russian to former President Trump's reelection efforts.

https://www.axios.com/gop-operatives-charged-funneling-russian-money-to-trump-870141e0-4534-4cdf-8d1b-95cfe0d31e02.html

Hi Tom!

Mitch and Rand of course knew nothing of this right? Yeah right.

It does go a long way to helping us understand the bizarre behavior exhibited by Rand and the lowly turtle, they must have known this shit would come out eventually,  when are we gonna see some of these higher ups actually charged?

I mean Russia sure crops a lot for a nothingberder.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Mitch and Rand of course knew nothing of this right? Yeah right.

It does go a long way to helping us understand the bizarre behavior exhibited by Rand and the lowly turtle, they must have known this shit would come out eventually,  when are we gonna see some of these higher ups actually charged?

I mean Russia sure crops a lot for a nothingberder.

Tip of the iceberg.

Too bad treason is (apparently) no longer a crime.

Money laundering is, or has become, the way of putting congressmen, and women in Putin's pocket.

These people all should get the Benedict Arnold treatment. Instead they get rich, and destroy hope.

"Judas sold out only one man, Arnold three millions"- Franklin

The right got out in front of this with the "Russia hoax",  the last 4 years, and rightly so.

Now if anything comes up it will be "are they harping on Russia AGAIN?  It didn't 

work for them last time either...."

8 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Still standing by that statement from 2016 - it's not going to end well for TFG his family or his sycophants - taking somewhat longer than I expected but the chickens are coming home to roost.

That guy? Never heard of him. He may have brought in coffee and donuts once or twice. 25 grand? Pfft. I spend more than that on hairspray.

Likely former asshole quote.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Tom will be happy to know that Jesse Benton is Rand Paul’s son-in-law and a convicted felon, well, a convicted felon pardoned by Tom’s boy Shitstain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Benton

IIRC from linked article Benton is married to Rand's neice, so nephew by marriage....

EDIT - "Jesse Benton, 43, the husband of Paul's niece"

• Like 1

I can't be arsed to find a better thread to post this in.

Former President Donald Trump has filed a lawsuit against The New York Times, three of its reporters, and his niece—claiming they hatched an “insidious plot” to obtain his private records for a story about his tax history.

The lawsuit, which was filed Tuesday in Dutchess County, New York, alleges that the newspaper convinced Mary Trump to “smuggle records out of her attorney’s office and turn them over to The Times” despite her having signed a confidentiality agreement in 2001. The suit demands damages “in an amount to be determined at trial, but believed to be no less than One Hundred Million Dollars” from both Mary Trump and the Times.

The suit came after Robert Trump, Donald's brother who died in 2020, had previously sued to try and stop Mary Trump and publisher Simon & Schuster from releasing her memoir, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man. Judge Hal Greenwald ruled in that case that the 2001 confidentiality agreement had been too vaguely defined to stop her from writing about the sitting president and noted that her publisher had not been a signatory to that agreement.

While Times reporters David Barstow, Susanne Craig, and Russ Buettner—who won the Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting in 2019 for what they revealed about the taxes the former president had refused to disclose—also weren’t party to the agreement Mary Trump signed in 2001, the suit claims they were "directly responsible," citing her interview with Molly Jong-Fast on The Daily Beast’s The New Abnormal podcast, while claiming the reporters were "motivated, at least in part, by their actual malice" toward Trump:

“I think he is a fucking loser, and he is going to throw anything against the wall he can,” said Mary Trump of her uncle’s new suit. “It’s desperation. The walls are closing in and he is throwing anything against the wall that will stick. As is always the case with Donald, he’ll try and change the subject.”

The Times did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the suit.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-sues-new-york-times-and-his-niece-mary-trump-over-tax-story?ref=home

On 9/21/2021 at 12:32 AM, jhc said:

These people all should get the Benedict Arnold treatment.

E-GADS!!!! Not the "Make them scurry off to England and die of gout and dropsy"!? You are an evil minded person!

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Live by the Grift, die by the Grift!!  Couldn't happen to a worthier liar, and cheat!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

He was describing Benedict Arnold's fate.  Look it up!

Ok doaky. Per https://www.biography.com/political-figure/benedict-arnold, when the war ended, in 1781, he asked to be sent to England, then moved to Canada in 1785, Arnold and his son Richard moved to New Brunswick, Canada, where they established a West Indies trade. Following a series of business dealings that resulted in a crowd burning Arnold in effigy, the family returned to London. ... In January 1801, Arnold's health began to decline. He died on June 14, 1801, at the age of 60, and was buried at St. Mary’s Church in Battersea, London.

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Ok doaky. Per https://www.biography.com/political-figure/benedict-arnold, when the war ended, in 1781, he asked to be sent to England, then moved to Canada in 1785, Arnold and his son Richard moved to New Brunswick, Canada, where they established a West Indies trade. Following a series of business dealings that resulted in a crowd burning Arnold in effigy, the family returned to London. ... In January 1801, Arnold's health began to decline. He died on June 14, 1801, at the age of 60, and was buried at St. Mary’s Church in Battersea, London.

The fact is that Arnold asked the BRITISH to to send him to London, not George Washington. The fact is that New Brunswick, Canada was still part of Great Britain at that time. The fact is that Arnold defaulted on many loans, filed many frivolous lawsuits (which he almost always lost), got involved in many real estate scams,Cheated the ship builder who built his first trade ship out of much of his money by claiming that the ship was late. (Sound like anyone else who's been in the news a lot in the last 6 or so years?) He was detested by the citizens of St. John's that after one of his bad deals/law suits he was hanged in effigy, and set afire in front of his own house.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

The fact is that Arnold asked the BRITISH to to send him to London, not George Washington. The fact is that New Brunswick, Canada was still part of Great Britain at that time. The fact is that Arnold defaulted on many loans, filed many frivolous lawsuits (which he almost always lost), got involved in many real estate scams,Cheated the ship builder who built his first trade ship out of much of his money by claiming that the ship was late. (Sound like anyone else who's been in the news a lot in the last 6 or so years?) He was detested by the citizens of St. John's that after one of his bad deals/law suits he was hanged in effigy, and set afire in front of his own house.

Whataboutism. You inferred he'd been dispatched in ignominy and poor circumstances. He was not.   

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Whataboutism. You inferred he'd been dispatched in ignominy and poor circumstances. He was not.   

Yes, indeed he was.  He was a traitor to the cause that he'd sworn allegiance to. Even the British refused to give him anything beyond a non combat pension.

I understand your drive to make him in to a hero of sorts, which he was early in his career, but like Stonewall Jackson, Robt. E. Lee, Nathanial Bedford Forest and a bunch of others, including Donald J. Trump, Mitch McConnell, and many others, Arnold sold his soul for what he thought would be the "Winning side".

There's a reason that "Benedict Arnold" is synonymous with "Traitor".

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Put the weed down: I know who and what he was. You implied he was deported in disgrace. Not true. Now go the fuck away. 

I said "Scurry" which implied that he ran, which he did, not that he was deported. And he did run/scurry in disgrace. There's a reason that everyone of his family's grave stones in Norwich, CT. have been repeatedly destroyed over and over (Except for his mother's stone). He was a traitor, and a sleaze bag. Just like TFG.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Put the weed down: I know who and what he was. You implied he was deported in disgrace. Not true. Now go the fuck away. 

Alternate facts alert!

A very smooth distortion of Mr..8's dialogue. Followed by an accusation, and an insult.

Now you scurry off in disgrace. Like the crustacean you are.

8 hours ago, jhc said:

Alternate facts alert!

A very smooth distortion of Mr..8's dialogue. Followed by an accusation, and an insult.

Now you scurry off in disgrace. Like the crustacean you are.

There's more! After three tries at characterization, I gave up. The typing my position 5 times before Razr snapped on it yesterday took my patience away.

Real story: Terrible guy returns to England by his own choice for 5 years. Rather than a tenement room with rats, he lives quite well but was unpopular. Still not a down and outer selling fish at the corner.  Moves to Canada with enough money to set up a business. 5 years later, returns to England. Gets sick and dies is not correct. It's not scurried away to a hovel to die of gout; you had to work at agreement here.  In fact, he was indeed unpopular but get this from the History channel:  Arnold and his wife were greeted with hisses when they attended the theater, and he was lambasted in the English press and blocked from taking up positions in the army and the East India Company.

No scurrying. You fan bois read for confirmation. 

I don't understand why anyone would think Arnold was a hero, tho, and an annoying thing we see is some idiot like Lefty  throwing crap around like he knows something ... then we all have to wade thru his 3 posts of unneeded history as deflection. This is grade school stuff, Cap.

Or, he could have responded to my initial challenge with a direct  response. My honest assessment is that Lefty has had a change in medication. Maybe when he shrunk down to 6'2 while fixing violins in his quite lengthy convalescence and changing flats on tractors on his farm and stuff. And he's an "officer of the court." :P Oh, and he loves the post office ... and at the drop of a hat can make up a story about his pregnant single mom postal carrier. [I am not making this up. He did.]

Some of you guys are just dying to tell your little life stories. Maybe it's the lack of beast feeding. 

25 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

There's more! After three tries at characterization, I gave up. The typing my position 5 times before Razr snapped on it yesterday took my patience away.

Real story: Terrible guy returns to England by his own choice for 5 years. Rather than a tenement room with rats, he lives quite well but was unpopular. Still not a down and outer selling fish at the corner.  Moves to Canada with enough money to set up a business. 5 years later, returns to England. Gets sick and dies is not correct. It's not scurried away to a hovel to die of gout; you had to work at agreement here.  In fact, he was indeed unpopular but get this from the History channel:  Arnold and his wife were greeted with hisses when they attended the theater, and he was lambasted in the English press and blocked from taking up positions in the army and the East India Company.

I don't understand why anyone would think Arnold was a hero, tho, and an annoying thing we see is some idiot like Lefty  throwing crap around like he knows something ... then we all have to wade thru his 3 posts of unneeded history as deflection. This is grade school stuff, Cap.

Or, he could have responded to my initial challenge with a direct  response. My honest assessment is that Lefty has had a change in medication. Maybe when he shrunk down to 6'2 while fixing violins in his quite lengthy convalescence and changing flats on tractors on his farm and stuff. And he's an "officer of the court." :P Oh, and he loves the post office ... and at the drop of a hat can make up a story about his pregnant single mom postal carrier. [I am not making this up. He did.]

Some of you guys are just dying to tell your little life stories. Maybe it's the lack of beast feeding. 

I'm sure you've heard it before but your sense of superiority has no basis in, well, anything.

52 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I'm sure you've heard it before but your sense of superiority has no basis in, well, anything.

I suspect you mean has no basis in anything you are able to discern. That's a bit different, and I accept your opinion for just what it is. 

I never said that Arnold lived in a hovel. He was a hero for the capture of fort Ticonderoga, and the battle of Valcour Island. Then he became a traitor, and switched sides.

As to my friend the postal carrier, she was pregnant. She was single. she now has a lovely teenage daughter, and is married to asufficiently stable man. I have no need to make up stories, like you just did. My entire life has been interesting enough so far to merely sit back and watch it zip by. I am indeed an officer of the court of the State of Florida. I have never claimed to have "fixed" a violin. I do spend an inordinate amount of time fixing flat tires and batteries on tractors.

And for your edification, I have just fed my "beast". His name is Brewster (Sometimes "Brucifer" if he's being particularly puppyish), and he's a dog.

6 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't write anything about Benedict Arnold....

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't write anything about Benedict Arnold....

And I fed my beast....

Maybe it's Bluey that needs to cut back on the weed.... :D

5 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Seems you ability to listen and comprehend is no match for your ability to explain to others what their words actually mean.

I can genuinely understand that you would see it that way. It seems to be built into our DNA for humans to find some way -- any possible way -- to rationalize events to their advantage. Many find a God helpful in this endeavor.

Huzzah.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I can genuinely understand that you would see it that way. It seems to be built into our DNA for humans to find some way -- any possible way -- to rationalize events to their advantage. Many find a God helpful in this endeavor.

Huzzah.

Religion... a fancy way of saying "Mom likes me better"

- DSK

So.... If you're a Pastafarian, is eating cous cous like receiving holy communion?

• Like 1
Just now, Nice! said:

Trump Org wouldn't be delaying *on purpose*, would they??

Delay, deflect, distract, deny, disrupt... The Trump defense strategy for decades.

21 minutes ago, Sean said:

Thank God the dems are finally putting a sense of urgency in the Rs chain dragging, I know the wheels of justice move slowly but this has become excruciating.

Isn’t it time for some of these crooks to be locked up?

Or are the Dems timing this for max damage at midterm time?

If Trump was a basketball team, he'd be The Harlem Globe Trotters, but not as talented, or entertaining.

The Democrats would of course be the "Washington Generals" Bumbling, inept, clueless foils.

4 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Thank God the dems are finally putting a sense of urgency in the Rs chain dragging, I know the wheels of justice move slowly but this has become excruciating.

Isn’t it time for some of these crooks to be locked up?

Or are the Dems timing this for max damage at midterm time?

Dems aren't that good at multi-tasking. They're just going to try to save their own asses in the mid-terms.

12 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Dems aren't that good at multi-tasking. They're just going to try to save their own asses in the mid-terms.

The Democratic Party, as an organization, is not good at ANY-tasking.

For one, it's one of the world's great all-time examples of herding cats.

- DSK

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

Which I absolutely prefer to marching lock step.

Oh sure. I've voted for a lot of Republicans over the years, ones who were not zombie-like authoritarian dones (those days may be gone). It's ironic how they yell about "FREEDOM!" and then demand total conformity and subjugation.

In general I'd rather have a government of fumble-fingered do-gooders than mean-spirited money-grubbing snobs.

- DSK

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The Democratic Party, as an organization, is not good at ANY-tasking.

For one, it's one of the world's great all-time examples of herding cats.

- DSK

That's probably more the case in the Senate than in the House. Yes, they don't move at lockstep the way Republicans do with their Hastert Rule. AOC and Hakeem Jeffries will disagree with each other whereas Republicans will honor Reagan's 11th commandment and instead disagree with AOC and Hakeem Jeffries. However, Pelosi runs a tight ship where everyone gets their say. 

Just now, Olsonist said:

That's probably more the case in the Senate. In the House, it is less the case. Yes, they don't move at lockstep the way Republicans do with their Hastert Rule. AOC and Hakeem Jeffries will disagree with each other whereas Republicans will honor Reagan's 11th commandment and disagree with AOC and Hakeem Jeffries. However, Pelosi runs a tight ship where everyone gets their say. 

Madam Pelosi is a very impressive leader, I hope she is grooming a couple of successors and has the grace and strength to step aside when the times comes (which will be soon).

The USA needs a crop of younger leaders.

- DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

Madam Pelosi is a very impressive leader, I hope she is grooming a couple of successors and has the grace and strength to step aside when the times comes (which will be soon).

The USA needs a crop of younger leaders.

- DSK

I think she's more interested in passing Biden's agenda. She knows as a cold hard truth that her party will be punished for that just as Clinton was immediately punished for his budget balancing in 1992 and just as she herself was punished for passing Obamacare.