1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

Imagine that and in the money laundering capital of the world.

Trump officials caught shredding files in Panama City

PANAMA CITY (AP) — One of President Donald Trump’s family businesses is battling an effort to physically evict its team of executives from a luxury hotel in Panama where they manage operations, and police have been called to keep the peace, The Associated Press has learned. Witnesses told the AP they saw Trump’s executives carrying files to a room for shredding. 

Representatives of the hotel owners’ association formally sought to fire Trump’s management team Thursday by hand-delivering termination notices to them at the Trump International Hotel and Tower, according to a Panamanian legal complaint filed by Orestes Fintiklis, who controls 202 of the property’s 369 hotel units. Trump’s managers retreated behind the glass walls of an office where they were seen carrying files to an area where the sounds of a shredding machine could be heard, according to two witnesses aligned with the owners. The legal complaint also accused Trump’s team of improperly destroying documents. 

The witnesses spoke on condition of anonymity over concerns they would be drawn into an expensive and protracted legal fight. 

Elsewhere in the building, the hotel owners’ team and its allies were barred by Trump Hotel staff from entering the room containing the building’s closed-circuit TV system as well as key computer servers for the hotel and apartments that share the property. In response, they shut off power to the room — temporarily bringing down phone lines and internet connections within the building 

https://apnews.com/ce4dbdd4446c4862bb9c483425554c67 

WaPo places a slightly different spin on this

PANAMA CITY — The majority owner of President Trump’s only hotel in Latin America abruptly ordered Trump employees out of the property on Thursday, triggering a confrontation in which Trump employees refused to leave and asked police to intervene, according to the Trump Organization and local news reports.

This attempt at a takeover by Orestes Fintiklis — a Cypriot businessman based in Miami — marked a sharp escalation in his months-old effort to re-brand the Trump International Hotel Panama and replace the Trump Organization as its manager. Fintiklis blames Trump’s brand and Trump’s company for declining revenue and empty rooms.

So far, his tactics had been confined to lawsuits and angry letters.

That changed on Thursday, when Fintiklis and a group of others arrived at the hotel, seeking to deliver letters of termination to the staff. That caused at least one confrontation, which included yelling but no physical altercation, according to a Trump Organization official. The police came, the Trump Organization official said, but did not allow Fintiklis to eject the staff.

At one point, the hotel’s power was turned off, apparently by an ally of Fintiklis, the Trump official said. The power has been restored.

[‘We’re not going anywhere.’ Trump’s company fights efforts to shed the president’s name]

Fintiklis failed to get the Trump employees to leave. Later, his attorney told local reporters that Fintiklis had asked a Panamanian court to issue an order allowing him into the hotel to try to eject the Trump Organization’s employees.

There was no sign he had obtained a court order or a judge’s decision before Thursday’s confrontation at the hotel.

“I was not allowed to have a room in my own hotel,” Fintiklis wrote in a legal complaint that his attorney showed to local reporters, according to a report from the Spanish news service EFE. He complained that Trump hotel employees used “intimidation, threats.”

Alan Garten, an attorney for the Trump Organization, responded with an emailed statement. “We have always been happy to resolve our differences in a civil and professional manner,” he wrote. “The acts by ownership over the last few days however have been pure thuggery.”

By Saturday night, the hotel lobby was quiet: The police were gone, and tourists and residents circulated as usual.

The Trump hotel in Panama is a “hotel condominium” — in essence, its hotel rooms are owned individually by investors, and the owners collectively contract with Trump to manage them.

The dispute began in November, when Fintiklis — whose firm had bought 202 of the hotel’s 369 units last year, and who now heads the condo owners’ association — sought to terminate the Trump Organization as the hotel’s managers. The Trump Organization’s contract won’t be up until 2031.

But Fintiklis argued that Trump’s company had effectively broken the terms of its contract by allowing the hotel to fall into poor condition, and for allowing its occupancy rate to decline rapidly. Owners in the hotel have confirmed that the hotel seems to be losing business, noting that their individual shares of the revenue have declined — or even disappeared.

• Replies 21.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's 7:00am, maybe, it could be 8:00am. It's hard to tell. The electricity has been off for, well, a very long time. The sun is starting to rise over the horizon with the red mist slowly lifting to li

Jack, I think you actually believe this. That's kind of scary, because it shows just how effective propaganda can be.  The dossier has not been disproven, administration and campaign officials ha

Posted Images

Emoluments Suit vs. Trump Now Personal as Well as Official

WASHINGTON — Attorneys general of Maryland and the District of Columbia on Friday expanded their lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of accepting gifts from foreign and state governments, suing him not only as president but in his personal capacity as a businessman.

Legal experts say the move takes the "emoluments" clause of the Constitution into uncharted legal waters, since it has been interpreted as only applying to presidents in their official capacity.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/02/23/us/politics/ap-us-trump-foreign-payments-lawsuit.html

14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

you would regard conjecture of a deduced likelihood as being the same as facts.

actually, that's a pretty good description of the majority of the posts here

"conjecture of a deduced likelihood" is a good definition of fantasy guesswork 

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

WaPo places a slightly different spin on this

PANAMA CITY — The majority owner of President Trump’s only hotel in Latin America abruptly ordered Trump employees out of the property on Thursday, triggering a confrontation in which Trump employees refused to leave and asked police to intervene, according to the Trump Organization and local news reports.

This attempt at a takeover by Orestes Fintiklis — a Cypriot businessman based in Miami — marked a sharp escalation in his months-old effort to re-brand the Trump International Hotel Panama and replace the Trump Organization as its manager. Fintiklis blames Trump’s brand and Trump’s company for declining revenue and empty rooms.

So far, his tactics had been confined to lawsuits and angry letters.

That changed on Thursday, when Fintiklis and a group of others arrived at the hotel, seeking to deliver letters of termination to the staff. That caused at least one confrontation, which included yelling but no physical altercation, according to a Trump Organization official. The police came, the Trump Organization official said, but did not allow Fintiklis to eject the staff.

At one point, the hotel’s power was turned off, apparently by an ally of Fintiklis, the Trump official said. The power has been restored.

[‘We’re not going anywhere.’ Trump’s company fights efforts to shed the president’s name]

Fintiklis failed to get the Trump employees to leave. Later, his attorney told local reporters that Fintiklis had asked a Panamanian court to issue an order allowing him into the hotel to try to eject the Trump Organization’s employees.

There was no sign he had obtained a court order or a judge’s decision before Thursday’s confrontation at the hotel.

“I was not allowed to have a room in my own hotel,” Fintiklis wrote in a legal complaint that his attorney showed to local reporters, according to a report from the Spanish news service EFE. He complained that Trump hotel employees used “intimidation, threats.”

Alan Garten, an attorney for the Trump Organization, responded with an emailed statement. “We have always been happy to resolve our differences in a civil and professional manner,” he wrote. “The acts by ownership over the last few days however have been pure thuggery.”

By Saturday night, the hotel lobby was quiet: The police were gone, and tourists and residents circulated as usual.

The Trump hotel in Panama is a “hotel condominium” — in essence, its hotel rooms are owned individually by investors, and the owners collectively contract with Trump to manage them.

The dispute began in November, when Fintiklis — whose firm had bought 202 of the hotel’s 369 units last year, and who now heads the condo owners’ association — sought to terminate the Trump Organization as the hotel’s managers. The Trump Organization’s contract won’t be up until 2031.

But Fintiklis argued that Trump’s company had effectively broken the terms of its contract by allowing the hotel to fall into poor condition, and for allowing its occupancy rate to decline rapidly. Owners in the hotel have confirmed that the hotel seems to be losing business, noting that their individual shares of the revenue have declined — or even disappeared.

Cypress? A businessman from Cypress is fucking with Trump. A businessman from Cypress usually has accounts at Cypriot banks. Cypriot banks DO NOT piss off Putin. Has Vladi abandoned The Donald and his idiotic kids?? 

Things that make ya wonder. "President Icarus". 

9 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Cypress? A businessman from Cypress is fucking with Trump. A businessman from Cypress usually has accounts at Cypriot banks. Cypriot banks DO NOT piss off Putin. Has Vladi abandoned The Donald and his idiotic kids?? 

Things that make ya wonder. "President Icarus". 

Let's hope his wings melt and he falls real soon!   EDIT:  I gotta believe that an Emoluments case would be easy to prove.

50 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Let's hope his wings melt and he falls real soon!   EDIT:  I gotta believe that an Emoluments case would be easy to prove.

I think all the legal arguments apply to him after he is out of office, practically speaking. Justice says they can't indict a sitting POTUS, who is pretty much the nation's chief LE officer. The only case that means anything would then be the one about "high crimes and misdemeanors", which is defined loosely at best. 

There is no effective way to fix the public electing a clown as their chief LE officer AND a House and Senate which supports him or her no matter what they do, I think the original intent assumed that. They deliberately did not grant the third branch of gov, Justice, the ability to trump that.  

34 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I think all the legal arguments apply to him after he is out of office, practically speaking. Justice says they can't indict a sitting POTUS, who is pretty much the nation's chief LE officer. The only case that means anything would then be the one about "high crimes and misdemeanors", which is defined loosely at best. 

There is no effective way to fix the public electing a clown as their chief LE officer AND a House and Senate which supports him or her no matter what they do, I think the original intent assumed that. They deliberately did not grant the third branch of gov, Justice, the ability to trump that.  

Impeachment is available with a sitting President, it's been done before.

Just saw an interview with Ivanka on the closing ceremonies at the Olympics. She has that same annoying habit of speaking as her old man.  More coherent, but uses that sane stupid OK sign when she speaks. 

16 hours ago, Mark K said:

Nobody knows what Mueller has, other than Trump’s fear of Robert Mueller. We all know he has that. 

It would be more helpful if Mueller would tweet. 

16 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Nobody knows what Mueller has, other than Trump’s fear of Robert Mueller. We all know he has that. 

It would be more helpful if Mueller would tweet. 

Watch out for the quiet ones, I always say. 

9 hours ago, Mark K said:

Watch out for the quiet ones, I always say. 

Waiting until the White House/Nunes Memo was public to go public with those Russian indictments was a dirty trick. He has a nasty habit of watching the Faithful climb out onto a limb before sawing it off. 

BREAKING: Mueller just dropped charges against Richard Gates...

Source: Daily Kos 

Mueller's team has officially proposed dismissing charges against RICK GATES, following last week's guilty plea.

Read more: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/27/1745186/-BREAKING-Mueller-just-dropped-charges-against-Robert-Gates 

Please remember that Mueller gave Sammy "the bull" Gravano a walk on over 20 
murder charges in order to get John Gotti.
4 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Mueller's team has officially proposed dismissing charges against RICK GATES, following last week's guilty plea.

Read more: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/2/27/1745186/-BREAKING-Mueller-just-dropped-charges-against-Robert-Gates 

He must have sung quite a tune.  I wonder who he gave up.  

In completely unrelated news...

Kushner had his security clearance downgraded today. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/27/jared-kushner-security-clearance-downgrade-427178

5 hours ago, badlatitude said:

It looks like Mueller dropped all but counts 11 through 14, which are Failures to Report Foreign Bank Account stuff. Does the guilty plea still hold for those counts? Jail time vs paying fines?

Source: Politico

Presidential son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner has had his security clearance downgraded — a move that will prevent him from viewing many of the sensitive documents to which he once had unfettered access. 

Kushner is not alone. All White House aides working on the highest-level interim clearances — at the Top Secret/SCI-level — were informed in a memo sent Friday that their clearances would be downgraded to the Secret level, according to three people with knowledge of the situation. 

The SCI acronym stands for sensitive compartmentalized information, a category of information that comes from sensitive intelligence sources and must be walled off. 

The memo was not signed by chief of staff John Kelly, but it comes as the retired Marine general and other top White House aides are grappling with the fallout of a scandal involving former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, which revealed that dozens of White House aides had yet to receive permanent clearances but nonetheless had access to some of the country’s deepest secrets.

Read more: https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/27/jared-kushner-security-clearance-downgrade-427178 

5 minutes ago, bhyde said:

It looks like Mueller dropped all but counts 11 through 14, which are Failures to Report Foreign Bank Account stuff. Does the guilty plea still hold for those counts? Jail time vs paying fines?

My guess is yes they still hold up, but are probably insignificant in sentencing.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He must have sung quite a tune.  I wonder who he gave up.  

In completely unrelated news...

Kushner had his security clearance downgraded today. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/27/jared-kushner-security-clearance-downgrade-427178

I see what you did there....

5 hours ago, bhyde said:

Mueller is taking back $$ in return for lying to him. 

11 minutes ago, saxdog said:

Does Mueller have Trump's tax returns ?

I would honestly be shocked if he did not. I expect Donald was informed (officially or through back channels) about the time he had a hissy fit and told the FBI looking into his personal finances was crossing the line.

Obstruction? It’s whats for breakfast:

Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isn’t the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!
2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Obstruction? It’s whats for breakfast:

Why is A.G. Jeff Sessions asking the Inspector General to investigate potentially massive FISA abuse. Will take forever, has no prosecutorial power and already late with reports on Comey etc. Isn’t the I.G. an Obama guy? Why not use Justice Department lawyers? DISGRACEFUL!

I think "DISGRACEFUL" was a typo. He meant to type "I'M SCARED TO DEATH"

Manafort trial date set for Sept. 17

Source: The Hill

BY AVERY ANAPOL - 02/28/18 10:03 AM EST 

A Washington, D.C., judge on Wednesday set a trial date of Sept. 17 for former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, just weeks before the 2018 midterm elections, according to multiple reports. 

Manafort has pleaded not guilty to numerous charges in special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, including money laundering, tax fraud and bank fraud conspiracy. 

Mueller last week filed new charges against Manafort and his business associate Rick Gates. 

This developing report will be updated 

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/375985-manafort-trial-date-set-for-sept-17 
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

So much for Roger Stone’s testimony about using an intermediary with Wikileaks, and Wikileaks’ claim that it never communicated directly with Stone. 

These guys can’t go a day without fudging the truth. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/554432/

It's a dishonest mindset, one which they have accepted, casually. We have one poster who is quite the same. 

I would like to see the dishonesty catch up with them, with Mr. Stone particularly. Sol, do you figure Stone will see the big house?

1 hour ago, jocal505 said:

It's a dishonest mindset, one which they have accepted, casually. We have one poster who is quite the same. 

I would like to see the dishonesty catch up with them, with Mr. Stone particularly. Sol, go you figure Stone will see the big house?

Hard to predict.  Mueller did get a guilty plea out of that lawyer for lying under oath, and charged Gates with lying to his staff during the frigging proffer meeting on 2/1.  So he has established that unlike seemingly everyone in the Trump sphere of influence, he is not a fan of lying.  

25 minutes ago, hermetic said:
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:
5 hours ago, hermetic said:

whoever leaked the names of those countries should be in jail

Benghazi! Email!

what is wrong with you?

That post was perfect. Uranium One, and out.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, hermetic said:

what is wrong with you?

I long for the days when being under foreign influence was a bad thing. It's a personal failing, I know. Party over Country.

17 minutes ago, Raz'r said:
46 minutes ago, hermetic said:

what is wrong with you?

I long for the days when being under foreign influence was a bad thing. It's a personal failing, I know. Party over Country.

so you're fine with leaking to the press that the us has been spying on officials from those countries.

your personal failing is stupidty

philly would call it treason

5 minutes ago, hermetic said:

so you're fine with leaking to the press that the us has been spying on officials from those countries.

I assume we spy on officials from all countries.  Pretty naive to think otherwise. 

22 minutes ago, hermetic said:

Imagine if I said I was fine with it!

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Man you are really good at channeling outrage with zero facts when you want to. It makes you look pretty stupid.

He comes by it naturally - genetically I think.

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
11 minutes ago, hermetic said:

y'all don't remember the merkle shitshow?

Merkel you mean?

I didn't read anything in either thehill story or the WaPo that thehill quoted saying we were spying on them. Not playing dumb with that, I'm sure we do spy, but I'm not sure you'd need "spycraft" to come up with this information real or false. Hell just being able to sow such plausible information gives opposing countrys power.

All in all this looked more like the continued Trump admin factions war via the press.

yeah, merkel

the wapo referenced officials that had seen the intelligence reports.  those are spycraft

I'm just getting more and more disappointed with the nonchalant way gov't employees leak stuff to the press to make political points.  doesn't seem to matter what letter is behind their name.

and I agree that this leak probably came out of the white house

46 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Man you are really good at channeling outrage with zero facts when you want to. It makes you look pretty stupid.

What channeling outrage?  We do - and it's not the press's purview to share state secrets.  What part of that do you take issue with? 

9 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

What channeling outrage?  We do - and it's not the press's purview to share state secrets.  What part of that do you take issue with? 

This whole crew in the White House is the biggest bunch of leaking, bumbling idiots around.  For all we know, Bannon is behind this, given his love for Javanka.  But if it was okay for us to find out that Obummer was listing in to Angie's cell phone calls, I do not think it will stop the world from spinning because we found out that we listen to other leaders, and that they were discussing taking advantage of a 30 something with no political or government experience being in a high ranking position in the white house.  The more shocking aspect of it to me is that someone in that position was able to have access to our most sensitive secrets for so long, if at all.  

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This whole crew in the White House is the biggest bunch of leaking, bumbling idiots around.  For all we know, Bannon is behind this, given his love for Javanka.  But if it was okay for us to find out that Obummer was listing in to Angie's cell phone calls, I do not think it will stop the world from spinning because we found out that we listen to other leaders, and that they were discussing taking advantage of a 30 something with no political or government experience being in a high ranking position in the white house.  The more shocking aspect of it to me is that someone in that position was able to have access to our most sensitive secrets for so long, if at all.  

Nothing about the Trump Presiduncy shocks me any more,  It's the gang that couldn't shoot straight, on steroids!

I think this goes here:

On the brutality front, Jonathan Swan of the website Axios recently reported that Trump has a private obsession with capital punishment for those who push drugs and a desire to emulate countries less concerned with due process than ours.

“He often jokes about killing drug dealers,” a senior administration official told Swan. “He’ll say: ‘You know the Chinese and Filipinos don’t have a drug problem. They just kill them.’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/opinion/donald-trump-masculinity.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

14 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It is - but, you don't air the country's dirty, secret laundry in the press.  I don't care who does it - it's wrong, and if it sounded like i was excusing one team while excoriating the other - my apologies.  

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I guess when I hear someone say "the government" I assume they mean "the faceless deep state bureaucrats" not the political shills in the White House.

For the record I see it the way the White House does. As Team Trump vs. Team Everyone Else. They've established security doesn't matter for Team Trump. The continued presence of Javanka in the White House showcases they just don't care. Jared is a security red flag - criminal father, fiscally exposed, undereducated, aspirational.

To me, and everyone else, they are each and every individual to whom the stewardship of sensitive information has been entrusted. 

NEW: Mueller’s team has been asking witnesses questions about whether Donald Trump knew in advance that Democratic emails had been stolen, and whether he was involved in their strategic release, according to multiple people familiar with the probe. http://nbcnews.to/2GR32k6 

• BOOM

Reuters

“New York’s state banking regulator asked Deutsche Bank AG and two other lenders for information on their relationships with President Trump’s son-in-law and White House senior adviser Jared Kushner and his family’s real estate company,” 

16 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

It will be interesting to see how the investigations into the next POTUS work out - and who will be cheering/jeering.  

Benghazi! Email!

• Like 1

She is the WH Comminications Director, who just testified that she tells “white lies” for her boss. She is not fit for the job, not that her background in the fashion world ever made her qualified for it in the first place. Good riddance. 

Doing a little New Yorking in the real estate business is one thing. Lying for your boss as a matter of course, particularly under oath, is quite another. 

54 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This is probably at the heart of why she is leaving, in my opinion.  

"NYT: Corallo will tell special counsel about alleged Hope Hicks vow that emails 'will never get out'"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/mark-corallo-hope-hicks-donald-trump-jr-emails/index.html

In nine hours of testimony, with several unanswered areas,  I'm thinking that's the least of Hope's troubles.

She quit right after her Mueller interview? Priceless.

Trump is a weak guy, basically, who was already unraveling, and who was already in trouble at home. Trump needed HH to get through four years, IMO.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

This is probably at the heart of why she is leaving, in my opinion.  

"NYT: Corallo will tell special counsel about alleged Hope Hicks vow that emails 'will never get out'"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics/mark-corallo-hope-hicks-donald-trump-jr-emails/index.html

Just a guess, her legal fees are mounting and she needs to sell herself to a lobbying firm (or Trump Enterprises) in order to pay the bills.  And wife-beater boyfriend got the boot. So there's that.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

It will be interesting to see how the investigations into the next POTUS work out - and who will be cheering/jeering.  

Honestly, I think the shit show you've got now will prevent the next POTUS from giving reasonable cause for an investigation. Not every politician is as corrupt as Trump is. Hell, I honestly think Trump would have done a better job himself hiding this shit if he thought he had a chance of winning. Lots of his campaigns mistakes would never have been made if they thought they'd actually have to stick around for another four years under the microscope.

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Corallo was right to quit on the spot. She was talking about committing a crime. Obstruction. 

Integrity is an easy word to say. It rolls right off the tongue. So who trained Corallo?

Sol, Mueller and others prosecute for lies to get at deeper, more worthy crimes. I think Stone will go down for sleazebag citizenship failures, not lying. But my heart would soar like a hawk to see a comeuppance; hairs raise on the back of my neck when I see his image. The truth has always been just silly putty for him.

Get Me Roger Stone is good on Netflix

This is fun. Probably fake news. I miss the days when all we had to talk about was a birth certificate.

A Belarusian woman jailed in Thailand for offering sex lessons without a work permit says she has a story to tell involving the Kremlin, Russian billionaires and even the president of the United States.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/belarusian-sex-worker-alleges-trump-russia-tie-without-proof/2018/02/28/89701c98-1cc3-11e8-98f5-ceecfa8741b6_story.html?utm_term=.939e5098b235

BTW: Bye, Bye Hope. Say hello to Spatial Ed for me.

2 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

She is the WH Comminications Director, who just testified that she tells “white lies” for her boss. She is not fit for the job, not that her background in the fashion world ever made her qualified for it in the first place. Good riddance. 

Doing a little New Yorking in the real estate business is one thing. Lying for your boss as a matter of course, particularly under oath, is quite another. 

The WH can now say they got rid of a liar.

10 minutes ago, bhyde said:

This is fun. Probably fake news. I miss the days when all we had to talk about was a birth certificate.

I'm slow, could someone remind me of how many tweets Obama sent denying the birther question or claiming it was a witch hunt.  If I am innocent, I ignore accusations.  Trump is one dumb asshole.  

6 hours ago, hermetic said:

and you are just an ignorant asshole.  i doubt it's genetic, more like you worked hard on it for years

I resent that - I am an extremely well informed asshole.

Nothing to see here -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/jared-kushner-apollo-citigroup-loans.html

Kushner’s Business
Got Loans from
Companies After
White House Meetings

Apollo, the private equity firm,
and Citigroup made large loans
last year to the family real estate
business of Jared Kushner,
President Trump’s senior adviser.

Excerpt -

Early last year, a private equity billionaire started paying regular visits to the White House.

Joshua Harris, a founder of Apollo Global Management, was advising Trump administration officials on infrastructure policy. During that period, he met on multiple occasions with Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, said three people familiar with the meetings. Among other things, the two men discussed a possible White House job for Mr. Harris.

The job never materialized, but in November, Apollo lent $184 million to Mr. Kushner’s family real estate firm, Kushner Companies. The loan was to refinance the mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.

It was one of the largest loans Kushner Companies received last year. An even larger loan came from Citigroup, which lent the firm and one of its partners $325 million to help finance a group of office buildings in Brooklyn.

Continue reading the main story

27 minutes ago, Sean said:

Nothing to see here -

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/jared-kushner-apollo-citigroup-loans.html

Kushner’s Business
Got Loans from
Companies After
White House Meetings

Apollo, the private equity firm,
and Citigroup made large loans
last year to the family real estate
business of Jared Kushner,
President Trump’s senior adviser.

Excerpt -

Early last year, a private equity billionaire started paying regular visits to the White House.

Joshua Harris, a founder of Apollo Global Management, was advising Trump administration officials on infrastructure policy. During that period, he met on multiple occasions with Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, said three people familiar with the meetings. Among other things, the two men discussed a possible White House job for Mr. Harris.

The job never materialized, but in November, Apollo lent $184 million to Mr. Kushner’s family real estate firm, Kushner Companies. The loan was to refinance the mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.

It was one of the largest loans Kushner Companies received last year. An even larger loan came from Citigroup, which lent the firm and one of its partners $325 million to help finance a group of office buildings in Brooklyn.

Continue reading the main story

I think I can understand that. It may not be as bad as it looks, the investment firms may be vultures...and they may have just bought that skyscraper. They just loaned money to one of the few developers in the US under a fuckin' microscope. Jared might attempt to skim off that money but lotsa luck with that.

My bet is Hope Hicks is carrying Rob Porter's child.